17th Century Fox

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: 17th Century Fox

Post by Hlaoroo »

The "rat from last night" is still sitting on his infirmary bed. Feeling depressed, he picks listlessly at the plate of food in his lap.

~#~#~
"Very good." Palgrave grabs the list and casts his eye over it before shoving it in his pocket.
"Go interrogate the prisoners. Find out what useful information they have but don't kill them. I may yet have use for them." Dismissing James, the captain issues further orders to other sailors to repair the damage to the ship and put on sail to get to Castillo Pato as soon as possible. He also tells Eduardo to have the helmsman set a course for an island out of the way but not too far off course on which they can maroon the prisoners once James is through with them.

~#~#~
Tackle watches Ventus and Stint walk off and then spies Pinch lurking about with his soldiers. He makes up his mind to have someone watch Pinch as he's beginning to feel that the French rat is getting a little too close to his soldiers and that perhaps there may be a risk of mutiny.
"Lieutenant." he calls to Pinch. "Report, if you please. What's the damage to the ship and the Bigs?" he queries, referring to the humans and larger animals who actually crew the ship.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Kateleo007 wrote:Geo smirks back when he hears of how his 'captor' gained her raiper. "Lead the way." he insists. He takes a few steps then asks "Wot kinda questions ye got? Ye got me fer a little while now, so ye gets first pick 'o questions if you'd like. You'd know everythin' bout me befer anyone else.".
"Zwell... I would want to ask you ow you got on zhis ship in the first place." Rhyme replied. She got to the edge of the ship and noticed the her crew was cutting off lines that connected the two ships together.
"But first we really need to get off zhis ship."
She grumbled under her breath before looking around.
Quickly she took Geo hand and led him a few yards back from the side if the ship.
"Geo, zhis is usually noot somezing I ask a dog I just met." She took out her sword, pointing to one of the taught ropes strung to the side of the ship.
"You will run an grab zhat rope and hang on as tight as you can." She gripped his hand harder.
"And make zure you av a hold on me too, yes?."
She nodded, signaling for him to run. Hopefully if it worked their momentum with the added lift of the rope should get them to land back on her ship.

OOC: (Sorry for the late and lengthy response >_<)
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Pinch turned around after nodding to the soldier,"extensive damage to the ship, were lucky a cannonball didnt hit this place. Most damage is on the outside and one mast is damaged a bit, the sails are torn up and they will have to dock for repairs. As for the bigs they are all fine, the humans have taken a toll though. Also i got word on that rat ventus was in the fray possibly with a big." Pinch said.
-------
James nodded to the captain and went under to the brig with blacks who hugged dune before joining james. The two sat on the otherside of the bars before opening it and joining the Loyal crew they knew. Everyone smiled although they were in a cell and knew what would happen. Blacks talked with two french men and the old native freind while james explained most of what happened to them with the rest. James didnt say he was to interogate them as he knew they would talk easily with him and blacks, they soon found out everything about them and the enemy ship that now was sunk. In the cell over however the living enemy crew sat listening.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

"I thought ye were gonna ask me ta do something hard!" Geo laughs then hoists Rhyme up onto his back. "Like this?".

Jack the Eevee and Barb the Buizel

George "Geo" Walker......S-8 P-4 E-7 C-7 I-6 A-7 L-3
Thank you kurowolfe for the banner!

3DS Friend Code: 1006 0495 4065
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Rhyme gave a small yelp as she was hoisted onto the other dog's back. Not used to being carried around, ever, she became a bit flustered.
"U-uh, erm. Yes, zhat es fine." She took a moment to compose herself before pointing again with her sword to the rope.
"Now please, ef you will. Run as fast as you can, jump off zeh side of the ship as you grab onto zeh rope." She wrapped her other arm securely around Geo's neck.
"Just remember ef you hesitate, don't run fast enough or your grip slip from zeh rope we may end up stranded in zeh middle of the ocean." She said this with a grin. "No pressure."

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I just spoke with him. He seemed fine. Any losses on our part?" Tackle leans against a wall and crosses his arms over his chest coolly, not taking his eyes off the other rat.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"few patrols were scared, but everyone is fine." Pinch said in reply
ImageImageImage
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

"Piece o' cake." Geo grabs onto the rope and take several steps back. "Guess we've got no time ta lose. Hang on tight!" he lunges three times then takes off. Screaming, he swings over to the other ship, barely making it onto the other deck. "Heh. Did pretty good fer me first time, eh?"

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Rhyme couldn't help a tired smile creep upon her muzzle. This dog seems like he's gonna be a handful. In a good way.
"Please, Mr. Geo. Refrain frwom getting too excited, eh?"
She gave the dog a sort of hug, wrapping her arms tighter around the dog's neck for a brief moment.
"But yes, you did very well. An sank you for not dropping me." With that she let herself off the other dog's back, sliding to the ground.
"Phew. Now. Et seems like a good time to visit zeh Captain." She turned to face Geo, raising an eyebrow and crossing her arms.
"Unless zhere es somezing else you wish to do beforehand."

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"And the Topsiders? What news of them? Did we get any gossip while they sheltered here?" Tackle asks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"........ok tackle now im curious why all the questions?" Pinch asked before answering the question
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Should I not be apprised of news that may affect my rats?" queries Tackle, raising an eyebrow and straightening himself to reveal the staff which he was until this point, casually holding behind his back. He leans on it in a non-threatening manner but with the coiled tension of a seasoned fighter, ready to spring at a moment's notice.
"Why the sudden reticence to answer?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

Geo gives a little grin when Rhyme hugs his neck, loving the little bit of affection after months of harshness. "Thank ya fer savin' me." he grabs and shakes her paw. The dog gets a little lump in his throat, but he coughs it out. "Now. Wherrre's that captain o' yers? I'm sure he'll be happy ta see me! Geo jokes.

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The dog tilted her head to the side , giving Geo a lopsided smirk.
"Zeh cap'tan es always happy to see new crewmen." She said turning and walking down the deck towards the captain's cabin. Without turning, Rhyme motioned for the other dog to follow.
"As long as zhey are willing to work zhat is."

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

Pinch casually set a paw on his sword and the other on his hip as he readjusted his weight in his stance "no reason tackle im just curious to why the sudden array of questions. Anyways as to that last question yes the topsiders have had more trouble than us. when the attack started not many stayed together in one spot, they lost quite a few rats." Pinch said after "i bet hes curious to why im with my soldiers right now" pinch thought
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Stint eventually leads Ventus into the infirmary, where they see Pepito. Hey Pepito. How are you feeling?" Stint asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Greetings, Señores." Pepito sighs and sets his barely-touched plate aside. "I am... alive at least. I still miss him though... Perhaps I am just needing something to take my mind off of him. How fare you?"

~#~#~
"You're a lieutenant and in with the rats so you're ideally placed to learn these things that I need to know. Simple as that. And its like we Bilgerats have always said - safety in numbers. Pity the Topsiders never learned that or there might be more of them." Knowing full well that Pinch is expecting him to ask about his activities with the rats, Tackle decides to throw the other rat off-balance, metaphorically speaking. Feigning a look of indifference he turns away from the other rat slightly.
"That's all. I'm off to report to the Queen. As you were. Unless you've any further questions?" He raises an eyebrow and then turns slightly as though ready to leave.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Pinch smiles slightly. "Thought so" pinch thought to himself, before saying no and going about his business. "Better to not have suspicions while on this."pinch thought
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Greetings, Señores." Pepito sighs and sets his barely-touched plate aside. "I am... alive at least. I still miss him though..."
"I can see that" Ventus said , glancing at the plate
Hlaoroo wrote:" Perhaps I am just needing something to take my mind off of him. How fare you?"
"We're fine" the rat simply replied , staring at Pepito for a moment as he sighed his frustration away "You know what ? Pepito , get up !"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Tackle makes a mental note to have somerat keep an eye on Pinch as he still doesn't trust him despite the other rat's oath of allegiance. He turns this over in his mind as he heads down to report to the Queen.

~#~#~
"What?" queries Pepito blankly.
"What for?"

~#~#~
A figure detaches itself from the rigging and circles the mast a few times as it descends, flapping a few times and revealing itself to be Cedric. With a brief cry, the seagull pulls up sharply and lands smoothly on Rhyme's shoulder.
"New dog, hey?" he asks, folding his wings.
"Jin will be pleased, won't he?" the bird giggles.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "What?" queries Pepito blankly.
"What for?"
"You need something to take your mind off what happened ? Then get up and let's go around the city , find something to do , I'm pretty sure everyone is in need of every bit of help they can get right now"
Hotep the psychic

After talking with the crew in the brig james and blacks say their good byes for the moment before reporting back to captain palgrave.

As for pinch he sat in a seperate room near a pile of sand and began thinking before drawing out the new city layout. then began adding other things into it, to any other rat it was a war plan.
ImageImageImage
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

"Aye, I'm new. Is this 'Jin' the captain?" Geo booms at the parrot. He crosses his arms and stands squarely.

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hlaoroo wrote: "New dog, hey?" he asks, folding his wings.
"Jin will be pleased, won't he?" the bird giggles.
Rhyme rolled her eyes "Ugh. Please. I do not even want to zhink of zhat right now." She glances back at Geo. "Hmm... Maybe I zwon't let him..." She mused quietly to Cedric, referring to Jin.
"I like zhis one."
Kateleo007 wrote:"Aye, I'm new. Is this 'Jin' the captain?" Geo booms at the parrot. He crosses his arms and stands squarely.
At the mention of that notion Rhyme bawled out laughing. She crossed her arms, clutching her sides as her shoulders shook.
"Hah. Ef, ef zhat were true." She responded in between laughs. "Zhen we would all be doomed."

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

blacks and james came onto the main deck before splitting up. James went to the captains quarters and knocked on the door. "captain, its james im here to report about the ship and the men in the brig" James said waiting

blacks saw rhyme and the new pet and walked over to join them, he decided best not to ruin any moments by telling the new one to be set in the brig as per captains orders. "hello rhyme good to see you made it alright. whos this? scoop him off the sunken ship did ya?" Blacks said adjusting his coat and one of his boots.
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Eh? Ah bonjour Monsieur Blacks." She took a deep breath and wiped her eyes to regain her composure after all the laughing.
Hotep the psychic wrote:"hello rhyme good to see you made it alright. whos this? scoop him off the sunken ship did ya?"
"Ah-heh, In truth, et es more like zeh other way around." Rhyme replied, scooting closer to Geo as she faced the black canine. She held a sly grin on her muzzle for a moment before conking the side of her head lightly with the palm of her paw.
"Ah, j'ai presque oublié! I almost forgot."
"Blacks, zhis es Geo. Geo, Blacks." Making quick introductions between the two.
She turned to Geo. "We actually found him drifting out on zeh sea not long ago."

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

Blacks understood all too well what rhyme must be feeling. "oh well nife to meet you geo, like rhyme said im blacks. If you need anything let me know.....now rhyme if i understand this correctly, i must ask are you sure with this one? Or is your head too far in the clouds after sweeping you off your feet?" blafks said with a short chuckle at the thought of the different possibilities that may have occured between the two.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The seagull raises his wings for balance as Rhyme's shoulders shake and he hides a laugh of is own at the ludicrous idea of Jin being captain. Once his perch steadies herself again, Cedric looks haughtily at the fox and Geo.
"I believe I am at a disadvantage. Would you be so kind as to introduce me to your friend and this fox, madam?" he queries, keeping up his façade effortlessly.

~#~#~
"Enter and proceed." orders the Captain Palgrave, not looking up from his chart.

~#~#~
Pepito swings a footpaw down and then hesitates, endeavouring to summon the motivation to get up out of bed and follow his friend and the other rat whose name he doesn't know.

~#~#~
"Whatcha dooooin?" queries a young rat of about ten rat-years of age in a sing-song voice, having appeared behind Pinch via a small hole in the back wall hidden by a ragged scrap of canvas.
"Can I dooo it tooo?" he lilts in the same voice. He's a typical brown rat: thick furred, stocky, dark eyes, and pink ears, paws and tail, and he carries a toy sword roughly gnawed from a fragment of wood.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"heh yes come. Im drawing a city from what i remember." pinch said eaving the young rat over. His earlier drawing was replaced with another city, as if he couldnt get a thought away from his mind. He grabbed the piece of wood he was using and continued drawing a top view of the city he had in mind. Making an array of swirls in a small area.

"thank you" james said entering. "captain from what i gathered from the enemy is that they only worked for a certain pirate lord and were taking the loot in the cargo hold to the trove. As for the rest they were part of the old crew, locked up for not supporting the mutinous captain. Although i say i know them all and what they can do the ship is in no shape for drop offs with the hokes in our sails and the hull buckled in few places and more holes than a skeleton. As to boot we lost many men in that battle and many men i. The brig now helped defeat our enemy."james explained
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Pepito swings a footpaw down and then hesitates, endeavouring to summon the motivation to get up out of bed and follow his friend and the other rat whose name he doesn't know.
"I know it's hard mate , but you gotta get over it someday , get up and work helps , trust me"
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Hmph." Rhyme crossed her arms, looking away in mock contempt. "Please. Et will take more zhen sweeping me off my feet to make me swoon." She retorts blatantly. The dog apparently didn't mind saying this in front of Geo.

Her ears twitch at Cedric's request, giving a disdain "Hmm?" followed by a shrug.
"Eh, yes. An zhis is Cedwic, zeh seagull." She glances at the bird for a moment before giving a dry cough. "Ahem, zorry, I meant. Sir Cedwic Pwimsworth. ... zeh seagull."

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Who are you, anyway, Señor?" queries Pepito, swinging his other leg down.
"I have not seen you around here before. Are you a Topsider?"

~#~#~
"Why're you doin' that?" enquires the lad.
"What's that swirly bit?"

~#~#~
"You're suggesting I recruit the men who fought for us? How do I know I can trust them? You've barely shown me I can trust you and all I have is your word on this." Palgrave now turns from his chart and watches James, curious to his reply.

~#~#~
"Thank you." Cedric nods to Geo and Blacks.
"Delighted to make your acquaintance." His tone almost implies the opposite of his words.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Who are you, anyway, Señor?" queries Pepito, swinging his other leg down.
"I have not seen you around here before. Are you a Topsider?"
"No I'm not , I'm from....well I guess you could say I'm from the island , your friend here and I found you pretty beaten up, so we brought you back here with hep from someone else , and I tagged along"
Hotep the psychic

"very true sir, but you were the one to show kindness by taking myself and my pet in, and we are now repaying you with loyalty to you and your crew members. These men are just as talented to there specific works as i am with a cannon their loyalty is still strong. Show them the chance and they could prove it themselves as i will have to." james said
_________

Blacks nodded back to cedric before he crossed his arms now as well and leaned towards rhyme "oh come now rhyme i saw how your getting close to this lad. You like him dont you?"blacks pressed with a smile more playfully teasing

--------
Pinch frowned a bit "they are trees. This was the last castle i used to serve for. I cant seem to forget it and move on" pinch said
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I see... Gracias, señor... I am Pepito. What is your name?" enquires the diminutive rat, getting to his feetpaws.

~#~#~
"Like the fo'c'sle on the ship? It doesn't look like a ship. What's a tree?" Having grown up in the bilge, the lad has never set paw in the open air, let alone on land, and has no concept of a world beyond the confines of the vessel.
"Why you wanna forget it?"

~#~#~
"Ah, but their loyalty to whom is still strong?" queries the canny captain. "I'm not about to risk a mutiny by employing men from a ship I've just defeated. We've enough manpower to get us to Castillo Pato and I can hire more men there if I choose. In the meantime those men can stay in the brig and they'll be marooned somewhere along the way."

~#~#~
"Come now, 'tis hardly befitting of a man to chide another person for having a romantic interest when he himself is infatuated." scolds Cedric, conveniently forgetting the female gull he's been pursuing through the rigging.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dune saw Blacks and Rhyme talking to a seagull, so she walked over to see what was going on. "Hey guys. What's going on?" she asked.
---------
What exactly happened on the island?" Stint asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

"There loyalty can still be as strong to the previous captain as to you, they were in the brig of the enemy ship for the same time i was stranded at sea. They did not squander to that mutinous captain and they wont squander now. We may not even be able to maroon them due to the amount of men we lost in that fight, we can double the time by having them prove themselves and repair as much as possible as we sail to castillo pato. Decides some of them helped get the new cannons into the gun deck from the enemy ship. as well as other loot. They helped fight a mutinous crew with no talking back or worrys, and they will do the same for you and your orders. I was a part of them and that crew, and i have not mutinied once. ill swear on my being here that group of men is as loyal to their captain as a well treated ship. the enemys will not fare so well." James said before grabbing a small folded parchment in his pocket. "heres the map to the trove we used to go to. when the loyal crew and its captain held loot. the enemy still used it and its all probably still there. its harder to navigate than the locker with men who dont know those waters. one of the reasons on top of our lowered amount of men. theyll easily replace them and do twice as much with what they already know."
James finished
-----------

Blacks looked at dune. "oh hey dune im talking about rhymes possible love to the new pet onboard. and that is sir cedric there" Blacks said pointing at the seagull.

--------
Pinch let out a long sigh. "its a memory that destroys minds. and its one of the saddest moments in my life.....as to what a tree is, think of wood with lots of green on the top like this" pinch said wiping away the drawing and drawing a tree.
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"I see... Gracias, señor... I am Pepito. What is your name?" enquires the diminutive rat, getting to his feetpaws.
"I'm Ventus , a pleasure to finally meet you Pepito , now come on , let's get you some fresh air"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"There's a new pet onboard? Oh, and it's nice to meet you Cedric." Dune said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

Geo just smiles and nods, slightly listening as he takes in his surroundings. He comes back to listening, then blushes when Rhyme mentions swooning. "Jus' doin' what a man's supposed ta do fer a lady." he says, crossing his arms to fake being tough to hide his bashfulness. He nods at the newcomers and waves, "Nice ta meet all o' ya.".