Pet Friendly: Yorkshire Fields

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hypergenesis

Re: Pet Friendly: Yorkshire Fields

Post by Hypergenesis »

"It's coffee for pets, it was introduced a few years back I think.", said Crayon as he thought more about the drink. "Supposedly, it's not related to coffee in any way though it is to cocoa without the thing that makes it bad for us.", he tried thinking more though he came up blank this time. "Well, that was what Caramel told me at least.", he said out a bit embarrassed that he forgot the rest. "So does this mean you never had a cup yet? I'll gladly make you one at home if you want to try, I think we live pretty close by.", Crayon offered.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Hypergenesis wrote:"It's coffee for pets, it was introduced a few years back I think.", said Crayon as he thought more about the drink. "Supposedly, it's not related to coffee in any way though it is to cocoa without the thing that makes it bad for us.", he tried thinking more though he came up blank this time. "Well, that was what Caramel told me at least.", he said out a bit embarrassed that he forgot the rest. "So does this mean you never had a cup yet? I'll gladly make you one at home if you want to try, I think we live pretty close by.", Crayon offered.
Yukiko listened, nodding, "That sounds very nice. I would very much enjoy having a cup with you." She told him, not thinking she was suggesting anything, "My parents have coffee in the morning, so I would enjoy seeing what it's like." She said.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Genesis walked up to Cesium and asked ''What exactly are we gonna do when we get to Bullet?''
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rendak wrote:Aethon let out an eep when he was picked up so suddenly and clutched onto Apollo's chest fur as the dog started running ''Holy crap you're a fast dog!''
"Yup! Also, spent too much time crammed in the motorhome, wanna RUN!" Again, Apollo barked excitedly, like a big pup. He felt his heart racing, so full with joy that time itself was closing to a halt...
He stopped before the big, green square made of trees, grass, benches and a couple of kiosks. He almost dropped Aethon. "So wow..." he muttered, amazed.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Aethon smiled and jumped to kiss Apollo on thhe cheek and giggled ''Yur really cute, like a big puppy x3''
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Hm, tomorrow morning then? So that the feeling would be the same.", Crayon asked though he quickly added, "Though it's good to drink at night too. It gets me to sleep real quick.". Crayon was noticeably more relaxed now, his fear of Yukiko seems to have vanished like the people lined up in front of them. "Oh hey, I didn't noticed this. It's our turn next.", he informed Yukiko as he rested his elbows on the gate in front of them.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rendak wrote:Aethon smiled and jumped to kiss Apollo on thhe cheek and giggled ''Yur really cute, like a big puppy x3''
Apollo wagged frantically. "Thank you. You're in for an ice cream? I'll buy! In Vegas, ice creams are the best food *ever*, what with all that desert and the heat. I couldn't spend a day without eating one!" Still carrying the fox, he walked toward the nearer kiosk. "I love vanilla and walnut and pistachio! What's your poison?" Then, he remembered, and kissed back Aethon on his nose. "And you're incredibly cute, too! You make me think of the actor that played Robin Hood!"
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:Artemis snickered, lowered her head, and...rolled down, holding her tummy with her wings. "Pyahahahahaha! Heavens, your face! Hehehehehehe! The great warrior..." She kept laughing, her feathers all ruffled.
So now the feral was mocking him too!? Dusk let out a deep rumbling *mrowww*, and he sidestepped around the bird careful to keep his distance. Judging by her voice, the bird was female. Her little... 'performance' left him completely unaffected this time, he looked like he was ready to pounce and tear the bird to shreds!
"I watch ponies now! Ponies are cool!"

Darien Shephard - SP - S-4 P-9 E-3 C-8 I-10 A-2 L-6
Dusk Roscoe - YF - S-4 P-7 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-6
Roxanne Cooper - BPS - S-4 P-6 E-4 C-7 I-8 A-7 L-6
valerio

Post by valerio »

Quick like lightning, Artemis took off to the nearest tree and up a branch.
"Relax, kitty. A feral I am not: look." She pointed at the small silver bracelets wrapped around her legs. And, after that, she moved some of the chest feathers, to reveal a small square tag. "See? I'm legal."
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Dusk's expression changed from ferocious to surprised, then to a cautious one. He relaxed his posture a little, but he didn't step closer to the tree. "You? A pet? Is this some sort of trick, birdy?" He took a good long look at the tag, it seemed real enough from the distance. "Are you a rehab?" he asked, tilting his head and swaying his tail slowly.

((If I remember right, that's what wild animals are called in YF, when they're taken in because their home is destroyed by the expansion of the city, like Flash. edit: Argh! Typo!))
Last edited by The Broken Fox on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

valerio

Post by valerio »

Artemis cocked her head in curiosity.
"Rehab? And why should I be in rehab, kitty? I'm perfectly sane: on the other paw, you look like you could use some sedative."
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Rendak wrote:Genesis walked up to Cesium and asked ''What exactly are we gonna do when we get to Bullet?''
Cesium's jaw dropped, Is he delusional? "Uh, Genesis? Bullet is there.", pointing to Bullet who was behind them, "He's behind us, following us on the way to the Aviator.". Although Cesium didn't mean to, he unconsciously asked it in a panicked voice that can resemble that of a father scolding his child. (C: 3)
Last edited by Hypergenesis on Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:Artemis cocked her head in curiosity.
"Rehab? And why should I be in rehab, kitty? I'm perfectly sane: on the other paw, you look like you could use some sedative."
"A rehab, not in rehab." Dusk said, with a calmer voice. "A rehabilitated wild animal. The city is growing and their homes are often destroyed. Many of them move on or find shelters on the outskirts of town, but some of them are taken in by humans, sometimes as pets. Rehabs." he added once more. He stood up and dusted off his fur. "I thought you were a wild animal. I haven't seen a pet like you before!"

valerio

Post by valerio »

Artemis' eyes widened. That would explain the domestic fox. And perhaps there were wolves, too...
The buzzard giggled. "Oh, Aethon's in for a surprise..." She said to herself. Then, to the cat, "Oh, no, I've been a pet all my life long, since I was a hatchling. My brother and I are from an animal farm in Las Vegas, and we were raised to entertain the tourists of our Dad's hotel...well, until bankrupcy, and that's why we're here, now." She glided down the tree, and placed herself on the cat's shoulder. She extended her wing like a paw to shake. "Charmed. Name's Artemis Greek. And yours, handsome?"
Absol

Post by Absol »

Change sat on one of the of the benches that dotted the large park; keeping his almond colored eyes buried in the copy of the The Two Towers that he was using to hide from the world right now. The mixed breed paused as he reached the end of a chapter; musing on his situation since he was, currently, free of distraction. He was lucky, he decided, that his owner was so understanding about his independence; he'd seen owners that still insisted on keeping their pets either in the house or on a leash, but, not only was his okay with him walking on his own, he even let him leave the apartment on days that he had to work. Yeah; he was actually pretty lucky that Joseph had found him.

Dad; not Joseph. The cat reminded himself, then chided himself for forgetting. It wasn't that his owner insisted on him referring to him as such, it was just a personal choice that Change was trying to make into a habit. Joseph had taken him in out of the goodness of his heart, raised him by his own choice and done everything that he could to make sure that he was happy. It had taken the former stray a while to warm up to the human, but he had eventually; and now, he was proud to call him his dad.

Other humans, however, were an entirely different kettle of fish; and not the good kind either.

He trusted people and pets; at least, he told himself he did. But he was also terrified of them; seeing as how his earliest memories were of just barely clinging to life in a gutter and often at the mercies of humans and animals that couldn't have cared less about him, one could hardly blame him for this apprehension about him. It was why the most that he talked was at home with his dad; why his best interactions were on his dad's home computer; and why he was currently reading a book in the middle of a park instead of trying to interact with the numerous pets that came here on an almost daily basis.

Sometimes, he was really shocked about how pathetic his existence was.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

valerio wrote: Apollo wagged frantically. "Thank you. You're in for an ice cream? I'll buy! In Vegas, ice creams are the best food *ever*, what with all that desert and the heat. I couldn't spend a day without eating one!" Still carrying the fox, he walked toward the nearer kiosk. "I love vanilla and walnut and pistachio! What's your poison?" Then, he remembered, and kissed back Aethon on his nose. "And you're incredibly cute, too! You make me think of the actor that played Robin Hood!"
Aethon smiled though had a slightly confused look on his face ''Uhmm.....which one? I know of at least 3 Robin Hoods x3''

Genesis shook his head a few times, mumbling,something. After a few, he looked at Cesium and said ''I'm terribly sprry, I just keep spacing out...And I'm not going on the Aviator so I'm kinda...well I don't have the words, sorry either way''

valerio

Post by valerio »

Apollo gave Aethon a puzzled look. "Uhm...the one that looks exactly like you? Disney?"
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Aethon giggled a bit loudly and then said ''You could have meant personallity wise you know.....But anyway, I love that movie, and thank you''

valerio

Post by valerio »

The big jackal dog fell on his knees, his face a mask of sorrow turned to the sky. "Oh, so you're a thief and a rascal at heart? Poor my, Dad will NEVER let me date a rogue! What have I DONE, to meet the love of my life, just to lose it in a hearbeat?!"
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

(Oh crud....)

Aethon looked at the dog and wore a big grin on his face. He felt like joining in on the act if it was in fact an act, but he hadn't done theatrics in SUCH a LONG time. ''Uhm....now I don>t know what to say :)''

The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:Artemis' eyes widened. That would explain the domestic fox. And perhaps there were wolves, too...
The buzzard giggled. "Oh, Aethon's in for a surprise..." She said to herself. Then, to the cat, "Oh, no, I've been a pet all my life long, since I was a hatchling. My brother and I are from an animal farm in Las Vegas, and we were raised to entertain the tourists of our Dad's hotel...well, until bankrupcy, and that's why we're here, now." She glided down the tree, and placed herself on the cat's shoulder. She extended her wing like a paw to shake. "Charmed. Name's Artemis Greek. And yours, handsome?"
Handsome? Dusk raised an eyebrow, but decided to ignore the comment further, mentally chalking it up as a figure of speech. He shook Artemis' extended wing. "Dusk. Dusk Roscoe." His new acquaintance proved to be heavier than he thought (S-4), so he was finding it a little bit difficult to keep his balance as he started walking slowly. Maybe he could find a bench for them to sit down. "Las Vegas, huh? Must be very different from this city. I've never been anywhere myself." He made a wrong step and almost fell over, but corrected in just the last second. "Is Aethon your brother?"

Absol

Post by Absol »

Change jumped; nearly dropping his book as a he was shocked out his stupor by someone shouting. He scrambled to grab the paperbacked copy and panted as his heart raced and his eyes dilated from the adrenaline coursing through his system. What is going on?!! His mind screamed, searching and scanning about as he tried to figure out if he should be running his tail off to get out of here.

Finally; he spotted a pair of dogs, one of them looking like he was enacting a scene from Shakespearean play while the other was just standing there like he was slapped by an old fish. It wasn't hard to figure out what'd just happened, and the cat rolled his eyes. He'd been called melodramatic by others on occasion; but this dog, he took it passed 11 and all the way to 12. Thankfully, unlike most pets, he was pretty good at spotting the differences from males and females, so he could tell that he would never have to put up with this overly dramatic canine.

While they extended to species outside of feline; Change's affections didn't reach to members of the same gender.

Trying is hardest to ignore what was happening, the mutt of a cat opened his book once again and tried to find his place. It would be just his luck that the the dog had caused him to misplace the page that he had been reading with his dramatic outburst.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Hypergenesis wrote:"Hm, tomorrow morning then? So that the feeling would be the same.", Crayon asked though he quickly added, "Though it's good to drink at night too. It gets me to sleep real quick.". Crayon was noticeably more relaxed now, his fear of Yukiko seems to have vanished like the people lined up in front of them. "Oh hey, I didn't noticed this. It's our turn next.", he informed Yukiko as he rested his elbows on the gate in front of them.
Yukiko nodded, "I see. My mother says it has the same effect on her." She replied. She looked at the now non-existent line, "Yes, I cannot wait for this!" She said smiling, still standing in her very polite and pretty stance that she always stood in.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The Broken Fox wrote:Handsome? Dusk raised an eyebrow, but decided to ignore the comment further, mentally chalking it up as a figure of speech. He shook Artemis' extended wing. "Dusk. Dusk Roscoe." His new acquaintance proved to be heavier than he thought (S-4), so he was finding it a little bit difficult to keep his balance as he started walking slowly. Maybe he could find a bench for them to sit down. "Las Vegas, huh? Must be very different from this city. I've never been anywhere myself." He made a wrong step and almost fell over, but corrected in just the last second. "Is Aethon your brother?"
Artemis noticed that Dusk was having problems keeping her on his shoulder. What was he, a kitten? She scolded mentally, then hopped off the cat's shoulder and flew to a nearby bench, near enough to keep up the conversation. "Oh, WAY different, handsome. If I started listing the differences, I'd bore you six feet under. But if you want to, you can come to our place, Apollo loves to talk about our days of glory... And I starred a few times in CSI, too. Oh, BTW," the buzzard pointed a wingtip toward Apollo. "See the big black one? That's ny bro."

---
Aethon looked at the dog and wore a big grin on his face. He felt like joining in on the act if it was in fact an act, but he hadn't done theatrics in SUCH a LONG time. ''Uhm....now I don>t know what to say :)''
Apollo answered by grabbing his head and kissing him again like he had done before. Only, this time, it was more short-lived. Four or five seconds later, he unattached from the smaller male and said, "Say that you'll marry me! Say that we'll run away from this grey, soulless world, toward the heavens!" The last sentence was pronounced with an ample gesture of his arm, encircling the sky above
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Bullet followed Cesium and Genesis, albeit a bit confused. "Uuh... What happened? I thought you two were going to sit at somewhere?"

OOC: I wanted to wait for Zander, but... Oh well...
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Aethon blushed as he was kissed suddenly again, but it didn't have as much of an affect loke last time. He took Apollo's paw and proclaimed '9F course I will! I will run with you to wherever you may go!''

valerio

Post by valerio »

Apollo took again the fox in his arms, then, grunting a bit (S-5), lifted him above his head, keeping a paw under his chest and another under his knees. Then he started running again. He was at the same time feeling tired and overexcited by the events, he decided he'd go on until his body decided to stop him! Then, let us soar toward the dome of the Gods, where my brethren waits, where Horus will turn our mortal shells into the purest light! WEEEE!!"
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Aethon spread his arms and laughed ''WEEEEEEEE!!!! THIS IS FUN!''

Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Aethon spread his arms and laughed ''WEEEEEEEE!!!! THIS IS FUN!''

valerio

Post by valerio »

Fun as it was, it wasn't tiredness that stopped Apollo, but a rock in which he tripped!
"WHOA!" the big dog barked, before going down! Aethon could have gotten seriously hurt, but Apollo made it to turn and hold him at his chest before going down on his back.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:Artemis noticed that Dusk was having problems keeping her on his shoulder. What was he, a kitten? She scolded mentally, then hopped off the cat's shoulder and flew to a nearby bench, near enough to keep up the conversation. "Oh, WAY different, handsome. If I started listing the differences, I'd bore you six feet under. But if you want to, you can come to our place, Apollo loves to talk about our days of glory... And I starred a few times in CSI, too. Oh, BTW," the buzzard pointed a wingtip toward Apollo. "See the big black one? That's ny bro."
Dusk glanced in the direction Artemis pointed and saw two black figures close to each other. Tail swaying with interest he brought his paw up to shield his eyes and see better. One was a large dog he assumed to be Apollo, and the other looked like a ... black fox? Another wild pet, this sure is a crazy neighborhood! The fox must be Aethon. "What are they doing?" he asked, as he saw Apollo gesturing wildly as if he was reciting a play, and now they were... kissing. "Uhm..." Oh my! "I think I'll meet him later, it looks like we better leave them alone..."

valerio

Post by valerio »

Artemis waved a wing. "Nah, don't worry! That big lug is such a show-off; like me, he's born to have a public around. Like the saying goes, 'the more the merrier'. He'll be delighted to meet you!"
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

"Alright, that should be the last of 'em." Phi accepted the last of the boxes from his owner and deposited them on the apartment floor with a grunt. "That had better be all of them," he groaned, stretching out his back. "How did we manage to accumulate all of this junk when we've barely stayed in one place for more than a month?"

"Your guess is as good as mine," Henry, Phi's owner, said with a shrug. "Tell you what. I'll finish unpacking. Why don't you go take a look around the place?"

"Alright. Sure." Phi meandered over to the apartment's second story window and took a look out. He could see the street below and a good portion of the park from where he stood. Henry walked up behind and said in a phony British accent, "So, Holmes, what can you deduce?"

"Well, Watson," Phi replied in the same voice. "This neighborhood seens to be rather more odd than you had initially let on. Why, the most singular white bird seems to be conversing with a cat down there!" He narrowed his eyes, peering through an opening in the trees that covered the park. "And a pair of male dogs seem to be reenacting Shakespeare, or some such rubbish." He took a step back from the window. "Well, I looked. Time to sleep." He had started for the back of the room when Henry grabbed his shoulder.

"Not so fast. I meant actually leave the apartment and go introduce yourself." Phi groaned dramatically and looked back. "Must I?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I'll chuck the salmon we bought if you don't."

"You wouldn't."

"You've got thirty seconds." Phi was out of the building and on the sidewalk in ten.

----------

WOW. Long first post.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Aethon yelped as Apollo tripped, and held on tight as Apllo turned him After the dane landed Aethon gasped and said ''Oh noes! Apollo, are you alright?''

Absol

Post by Absol »

Change let his book drop; outright gaping at the pair. Seriously; what are you guys on? He was so stunned by whatever was happening in front of him, that he honestly forgot that staring was something that someone who wasn't trying to draw attention to themselves should do. Well; for a little bit anyway. He hurriedly snatched his reading material back up, but only after he'd stared at them for nearly a full minute.

Please don't look; Please don't look; Please don't look; Please don't look. He chanted, over and over again, inside his head. Some people could be unobservant; or caught up in the moment; or just plain dense! He wasn't really picky at the moment; he just hoped they hadn't noticed him.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rendak wrote:Aethon yelped as Apollo tripped, and held on tight as Apllo turned him After the dane landed Aethon gasped and said ''Oh noes! Apollo, are you alright?''
Apollo was panting hard, although grimacing from time to time from the impact. "Ouchie... Yes, it's alright. Just a little bruised. I've seen worse when I had to pla Anubis the Bouncer. Believe me, soda-drunk pets can be just as nasty as drunk humans. And you? Are you alright?" He ruffled the fox's head.
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Alright. Talk to other pets. I can handle that. Now, who first? The two dogs looked like they'd already broken out the orange soda, so he'd probably try and steer clear of them. The massive white bird (Eagle? Vulture? Man, who knows.) seemed to be involved in a conversation with some other cat.

Then there was the lone cat sitting on a park bench not too far away. Well, he looks normal enough. Phi started walking in that direction.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

(Never have someone wish Aethon did not see them, cuz that's a guarantee he will ALWAYS notice em =3)

Aethon stroked Apollo's head and kissed his cheek ''Yes! Thanks to you making sure of it, I am perfectly fine, ya big sweetie <3'' Aethon stood up and did a little backflip thing, and when he landed his line of sight was changed nd he saw a cat, on a bench, with a book. ''Oh look, there's another kitty over there Apollo''

valerio

Post by valerio »

"And there's another going his way!" Apollo pointed at the other cat, who looked like he was sulking rather than walking. "Yup! Let's go greet 'em!" He stood up and walked in the direction of the cat sitting under the tree. "Ola, kitty! You too new to the neighbor?"

Hearing Apollo barking at someone, like he used to do when greeting a new presence, Artemis shifted her gaze...to two more cats. One was sitting with a book under a tree, the other walking like someone who got his butt kicked toward the first.
"Oh happy days..." She started chanting in her mind.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Dusk was about to say something, as he noticed Artemis turn her gaze. He spotted the little group closing in on each other, but especially the two new cats! Finally, some normal pets! he thought happily. It was so hard to adjust to all these strange animals, but at least he'd have some kindred souls! Without warning he leapt towards them, and broke into a jog. "Come on Tweety, lets meet them!" he shouted back over his shoulder.