Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

CunningFox

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by CunningFox »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:24 pm Storm Eunice coming in tonight. Most of UK is on Orange alert for wind. (Be careful if out).

My area has a Red alert for wind (Danger of death)

I'm staying in and hoping the power stays on... :D
Hope you're ok, Welsh. I hear Newport had it pretty bad.
NHWestoN wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:20 pm Week two - how's Harper, Fox?
A bit of a handful at times, but she's great.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Yeah, we managed, Fox. I stayed inside.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I think we are going out to a fancy restaurant that my mother has a gift certificate to for dinner!

Sorrow: With a snow squall coming down outside our plans may end up being shuddered.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

We got some sprittzes of snow up here, Dazz, but nothing to bend yer snow blower over.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

AstroOtter wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:00 pm Sorrow: I lost my dog to cancer today. She was the best dog in the world, and I will miss her so very much. The rewards of pet ownership, and the pain of the inevitable loss, are immense. It was a privilege to share these years with you, Ashley, and you will always have a place in my heart.
Somehow, I missed this message when you first posted it, Ott. Your birthday may hardly be the best time to respond. Still, having just lost my beloved Sophie shortly after New Years, I can share your sadness. She was twenty (and had three very hard years before she came to us) and spent sixteen of those years with us, a constant source of joy, delight, and companionship. Age and cancer finally took our "little fox" from our side, and now we are no longer three.

I wish you great joy on your birthday and continued comfort as you carry your mourning for Ashley. All the best.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: John DiMaggio is signing in to the new Futurama reboot as Hulu finally decided to pay him what he deserves! Wonderful!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

A week buried under a mountain of ice and the engine on the 2004 Toyota started right up! Oh, yay.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You talking about a Toyota pickup or is it a car? I assume that its a truck that you were dealing with right?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:46 am You talking about a Toyota pickup or is it a car? I assume that its a truck that you were dealing with right?
Nope, sedan. It's a real museum piece (like it's owner) and it carries the scrapes, dents, and rust spots of its age - but it runs very well on low gas consumption and, being a tight-fisted old Yankee, that's all I really want out our conveyance.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What kind of Toyota is it? Camry? Corolla? Echo?

Joy: Its starting to warm up a bit!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The birds are coming out more in the daylight. We have had a Cooper's Hawk hanging around. We're also having deer visiting the yard at dawn and dusk, something we have not seen from this house since I left in the 70s. Maybe it's the neighbors' crocuses.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

When we first moved in our house the previous owners said we might see a deer in the backyard. Its been two years. There isn't any deer. :roll:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:47 am What kind of Toyota is it? Camry? Corolla? Echo?

It's a Camry,

Rainy and sad sort of day, but still warmed up a bit.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:47 am What kind of Toyota is it? Camry? Corolla? Echo?

It's a Camry, a real sauropod.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

A 2004 Camry can't really be that bad. There are worse cars out there. You must know about the infamous Pinto.

Joy: It is beginning to feel more like Spring!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... and then we got four inches of snow dumped on us. Still, it was beautiful snow, slow and lovely.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sorrow: We mourn the passing of Candycorn today. He was developing trouble with his lungs and was having trouble eating until we discovered he had lung cancer.

He was a very energetic fellow, spoiled and loved rubbing his head against things, but along with Hubbard who was bought with him when they were kittens, Candycorn was the one that was always seeking my attention the most. He will sorely be missed.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

GameCobra wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:13 pm Sorrow: We mourn the passing of Candycorn today. He was developing trouble with his lungs and was having trouble eating until we discovered he had lung cancer.

He was a very energetic fellow, spoiled and loved rubbing his head against things, but along with Hubbard who was bought with him when they were kittens, Candycorn was the one that was always seeking my attention the most. He will sorely be missed.
I'm deeply saddened by your loss. My cat, Andy, left us because of failing kidneys and, like your little guy, Andy was very much MY cat. He and Sophie were great pals, too. Gone since October of 2018, he still saunters into my thoughts on a regular basis. Again, Cobra, my deepest condolences.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Annoyance: The bipolar weather system strikes AGAIN. :roll: It was so nice today and tomorrow we are gonna get snow again. Ugh.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Condolonces, GameCobra.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I'm sorry to hear that GC. Wishing you well
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really sorry for your loss Game. I know how painful it can be to lose a pet.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

<hugs GameCobra>

Sorry, for your loss, my man.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Sorry for your loss GameCobra, my condolences.
Disproportionately Dappled
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Thought that there would be ANOTHER snow storm today but it turns out that there isn't one right now!
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

GameCobra wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:13 pm Sorrow: We mourn the passing of Candycorn today. He was developing trouble with his lungs and was having trouble eating until we discovered he had lung cancer.

Sorry bout your loss. Hearts and prayers.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:26 pm Joy: Thought that there would be ANOTHER snow storm today but it turns out that there isn't one right now!
Annoyance: Guess what we ended up getting? :roll:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Couldn't look another dust bunny in the lint so I took a long walk. The sun was beautiful, but the wind put a chill on the day. Still, it was nice to get out. Spring will come ...
Harry Johnathan

Spring is always nice.

Anyway, I went to see "The Batman" a week ago. Great movie, very dark, very brooding, sort of a throwback to 70s neo-noir like Chinatown and Taxi Driver.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Went to take my grandaunt out for her birthday with my parents today. It was really nice.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Brother's Birthday today - hits the big "67". God bless `im and the missus, he's had several good years after a string of rough times.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

NHWestoN wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:30 am Brother's Birthday today - hits the big "67". God bless `im and the missus, he's had several good years after a string of rough times.
Happy Birthday to him.
Harry Johnathan

NHWestoN wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:30 am Brother's Birthday today - hits the big "67". God bless `im and the missus, he's had several good years after a string of rough times.
Hippy happy b-day to him.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: All of the snow has finally melted! Here is hoping that Spring is around the corner! I am all snowed out.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:37 pm
Hippy happy b-day to him.
Thanks, Harry ... and best to you, too. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Annoyance: We had corned beef and cabbage for dinner (we are some percent Irish) and the smell somehow got into my bedroom and made it smell.
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

Joy: The exchange rate of euro is finally getting better, 1 euro "only" equals 371 forints now (which is a lot better compared to last Monday when it reached almost 400). Because of this I decided to order the two die-cast buses that I've wanted to buy for a while, hopefully they will be delivered by Friday
I dunno, just imagine something funny here

And also just to advertise myself:
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/chieris/
https://www.deviantart.com/dangraythewolf
Retrospring for my Housepets characters: https://retrospring.net/@Garfield474
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Had a long chat with my brother this morning. Seems he needs some surgery on the veins in his legs. He's had problems walking for about a year and finally went in to get it checked out. Hasn't got a date yet - still too many Covid intubations in the local hospitals.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Joy - a beautiful day today, the first day of Spring ...
Sorrow - without Sophie. She loved Spring and always greeted the start of the season with unabashed canine reverie.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Went out to eat for my mother's birthday today at our favorite restaurant!

Sorrow: My sibling and her boyfriend couldn't come back to the house for cake because my sibling was tired and had a test the next morning.