HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

ArgentFlame

Re: Pet Friendly-In Character

Post by ArgentFlame »

Cier looked up at Venison as he sat down. "Hello. Only one song has been played so far, so you haven't missed much."
Buckdida wrote:Wait...weren't you just outside? How..." Venison noticed another animal come in, and Ven looked up to identify him. "Okay. I know my eyesight is exponentially weak compared to others. Could someone please confirm if I'm seeing double or not?"
Cier followed venisons gaze to the dog standing in the doorway. He blinked in surprise, momentarily speechless. Recovering himself he said "No, you are not. That would be my brother, Sean."

Sean walked into the room and right past where Cier and Venison were sitting, paying more attention to the wonderful food item in his paw than anything else. He sat down near Balbaroy and continued eating.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

"Hmm. Really? I wonder why I haven't seen him before," wondered Venison. "I'm guessing he doesn't leave the house much or something? I mean, he even forgot to put on his...Oh. Well. That explains that I suppose. I'm guessing you should go talk to him. Quickly though. Wouldn't want to miss free music..."
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Amelia shook her collar a bit after she finally got to courage to knock on the door, she raised her right arm and then realized her mistake after she moved it, feeling some pain. Instead she used her left hand to ring the doorbell. I just hope Alex doesn't freak out at this.
Make Pasta not war.
caelei

Post by caelei »

Hm.... I don't know. I must ask Alex. Maybe he wants me to try out? Whatever, I'll sing later anyway! *Smiles*
Magns smiled back, opening his mouth to reply, when the scent of the pizza caught at him, and instead he said, "Pizza?" Then it hit him. "Pizza!" He got up, looking towards the kitchen, mouth watering, bouncing on the balls of his feet anxiously. "Can I go get some pizza? Or do you want to come? Or..." confused, uncustomed to eating anywhere but home or at the Wall. He looked at both of them, hoping for an answer, but Pavelle wasn't giving one. She wasn't really paying attention. Well, Venison had come back in, which meant that Felix should be safe, though she still hadn't seen Alex, yet... she frowned. When had she started caring about what kind of trouble Felix was in? It wasn't like he was her family or anything... well, okay, he was. But not her family-family, the one she'd lived with for her entire life. It was probably just a delayed reaction to the adrenaline this morning. Wondering if Magnus, her adopted brother, was alright had gotten her wondering, too, if Felix was alright, and then he had been with the vets and she had to produce his collar... it would wear off by tomorrow. It had better. Or people she didn't know would start making assumptions about her and Felix's relationship again. She shuddered at the memory, momentarily grossed-out. Baby raccoons? Really?
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Balbaroy sniffs around a little, then suddenly he smells another smell. "Pizza?" He tries to stand up underneath the couch, hitting his head and lifting the one end of the couch that nobody is sitting on. "What's going on?" His head pops up around the back before he realizes what he's doing. Setting the couch back down he backs out again.
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
Alex

Post by Alex »

((The big brackets {} indicate whispering in this post.))
Djinn wrote:Well, okay. I forgive you.
Really? Oh, thank you!
He sighed in relief, seeing the doberman not hurt, smiling. It was so good to know that that horrible feeling of remorse won't haunt him again. At least not for this...
I have a gift for you. *Lays the gift down and pets her head* Well, I've got to go. I'm really sorry that I hit you before, I didn't mean to harm you. Just... ah well, just forget it.
With that, he turned around, and opened the door to his house. There was a chaos in the living room, at least for him, the chaos being the number of pets. The word "pizza" was overheard here and there, seemingly coming out of Magnus' and Balbaroy's mouth. Well great. They had half an hour, and still, they didn't eat. Just what did that stupid blond-ish poodle do under the couch?!
*Walks to Gary* {How much pizza do we have left?}
{Well, last time I checked, I didn't check at all.}
{Okay, then, follow me in the kitchen, since we are whispering on the "stage" in front of everybody...}
They both went to the kitchen, Alex fearing the worst. And it was the case - only one more slice was left. They'll have to order more, but he just gave out all of his money. Crap. If it wasn't for that one stupid moment of weakness..... but whatever. There's always a solution.
Gary, I need you to give me 20 bucks.
20 BUCKS?! DO I LOOK LIKE A BANK?!
Well, congratulations. You've said it loud enough for everybody to hear it. Now give me the money, I know you have it.
Okay....
Gary hands over the money to Alex, although very gloomy. Alex grabbed the phone, and ordered three more big pizzas to be delivered. After the phone call was ended, they both went to the living room, Gary going to sit down, and Alex back on the stage.
Okay, guys, sadly, there was only one slice of pizza left, but don't fight for it. I already ate it. Instead of that, I ordered 3 more pizzas, that will be here in less than an hour. Until they arrive, I'd like to hear Matt and Rachel playing! Come up here, you two. Or... are you playing single or a duo?

-Meanwhile-
Mai looked around, happy that the auditions will finally continue. But what she saw made her smile go away - the raccoon seemed upset and grossed out by something.
Are you okay...? - she asked slowly, while her ears fell backwards.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Must be a pet who's a bit late for the auditions. Mai stood up, but there was Gary already walking towards the door, so she just returned to her original position, still looking at Pavelle.
*Opens door*. Oh, hi. You're... Amelia, right? Welcome... wait, what? Why do you have those bandages over your shoulder? What happened? Come inside....
He gave her a concerned look, before moving to the side and letting her in.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

"Why do you have those bandages over your shoulder? What happened? Come inside...."

Amelia looked away from Gary, I don't want to talk about it... She hid away in the direction she was looking and tears started forming in her eyes, Are they really that noticeable? saying as she curled up in a ball, crossing her arms around her legs, finally whispering Please tell me they aren't that noticeable...
Make Pasta not war.
Alex

Post by Alex »

What? Amelia... I'm sorry to say this, but you're getting upset over a dumb thing. Look at me, I'm walking with a freaking crutch! Don't let those silly bandages get to you. Just go to Alex, I kinda think he's dying to see you....
While saying, Gary grabbed Amelia's left, unhurt hand, and pulled her gently up, wanting her to get up.
Richarson Valley

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

grapejelly wrote:Max smiles and pokes his head in to. He was apparently going to follow anyway "well old books are neat!" he says and tries to see into the darkness
"Alright if your sure" he said Rolling his eyes and turning up the brightness on the LED lantern. "so who are you any way?..." he asked as he started climbing the stairs "watch for the nails in the boards, did you move in or something? because a LOT of that has been happening recently" he walked into the old study looking room and looked behind to see if Max was still there.

what what? Jolly good time.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Amelia stood up, But what if he asks? I don't want to worry him. she shuffled a little and finally looked at Gary, I just don't' want him to see me like this.
Make Pasta not war.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Dylan wrote:But what if he asks? I don't want to worry him. I just don't' want him to see me like this.
Hey now, answer your own question. What if he asks? So? Just tell him you don't want to talk about it. And besides, your cuteness didn't fade. It's just a simple bandage over your shoulder. It won't change anything, trust me. Just go to him, look, he stepped off of the stage.
Just like Gary indicated, Alex walked away from the stage, making place for Matthew and Rachel to play. He found an empty space on the couch, on the side where Balbaroy was sniffing a couple of minutes ago.
Richarson Valley

Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Amelia face lightened up, I guess your right Gary, Its just I don't want him to worry more than he has to, good thing the smaller ones don't show very well... She wiped the tears off her eyes, her head suddenly perked up with an idea, Wait I could just cover them with clothes!
Make Pasta not war.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Of course I'm right. I'm always right. *Makes joking face*
Just at that moment, Alex walks into the hallway, apparently searching for Gary.
Eh, I'm bored, and I can't waste my precious boredom time sitting near that idiot Ba.... Amelia! Is that you!
He jumps, and gives her a big hug, after not seeing her since two days ago, since yesterday doesn't count because of the stupid events that occurred. His head rested on her left shoulder, and his arms under hers. There was no way for him to notice the bandages, nor to hurt her wound.
Richarson Valley

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

"Umm..." Venison was hesitant to interrupt.

"I have to point something out. $20 is not going to be enough for 3 pizzas. That would be enough for one large pizza. Maybe. We're going to need about...oh, say, $50-$70 depending on the size of the pizzas that were ordered. Now, the easiest thing to do here is have everyone 'chip-in,' as humans call it. I wouldn't be able to contribute much though..."
caelei

Post by caelei »

Are you okay...?
Pavelle looked back at Mai, startled. Okay? What? Why not? She then realized she still had the 'disgusted' look on her face, and swept it off, putting on a tight smile instead. " I'm fine, perfectly fine," she said, gesturing to emphasis her point, "Just thinking about something someone said earlier... nothing of importance, really." She tried to seem more relaxed, at ease. Like she had no worries.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Amelia felt Alex's fur, it was softer then she remembered which made her temporally forget her fear of Alex noticing. Amelia snuggled her head on his head, she smiled as she felt a bit more relaxed, your fur feels very soft today. said Amelia as she giggled, Did you do anything different?
Make Pasta not war.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Venison wrote:I have to point something out. $20 is not going to be enough for 3 pizzas. That would be enough for one large pizza. Maybe. We're going to need about...oh, say, $50-$70 depending on the size of the pizzas that were ordered. Now, the easiest thing to do here is have everyone 'chip-in,' as humans call it. I wouldn't be able to contribute much though..."
Gary didn't want anybody to interrupt Amelia and Alex right now. Usually, it would be funny for him to see a couple get interrupted, but right now.... just call it being a good friend. So, instead of Alex having to talk to him, he did it.
Uhm.. you do realize Alex already called and asked for the price? I found it weird, too, since the city is much more expensive, but I guess everything's cheaper in a small town like this..... And besides, we don't want others to give money. They're supposed to just have fun today. Come on, let's go back and leave these two *points to Alex and Amelia* alone.
With it, he walked back into the living room, taking the seat where Alex was sitting before.

-Meanwhile-
Pavelle wrote:I'm fine, perfectly fine, just thinking about something someone said earlier... nothing of importance, really.
Ah, that's good, then! - Mai exclaimed, as her ears erected back up. It was good to know that nobody is sad, depressed or grossed out here today.
Say, are you really a raccoon? You're wearing a collar, but Alex said that raccoons are always wild animals. Do you really like trash that much?
Her face became confused, to indicate that she's not kidding.

-Meanwhile-
Amelia wrote:Your fur feels very soft today. Did you do anything different?
Alex felt his face burning red. What does she mean by soft fur? Is that a good thing? And why is it soft in the first place? Then a light went on in his head, reminding him of the morning....
Uh, I... kinda.... well... took a bath this morning. Funny, isn't it?
He forced a smile. Being antisocial his whole life, he didn't know if it's embarrassing for a cat to take a bath. They're cats, after all.
Richarson Valley

caelei

Post by caelei »

Ah, that's good, then! Say, are you really a raccoon? You're wearing a collar, but Alex said that raccoons are always wild animals. Do you really like trash that much?
Pavelle couldn't help but crack a grin, even though she felt some annoyance. Stereotypes. Jeez. I could always tell her that I'm just painted to look this way... she thought, then dismissed the idea, shaking her head. No. It wouldn't be right to intentionally confuse the neighbors. Especially since she had a brother who could easily be baffled the same way. She was smiling, still, as she replied, "Yes, I'm really a raccoon. I was adopted when I was very very little." Memories, battling to come to the front of her mind. She pushed them away, keeping the creeping images of forest and other homes away. "As for your brother's statement, I suppose not all raccoons are wild, considering that I'm talking to you right now. And about garbage..." she rolled her eyes, "can't say I've ever had it. Have you?" Raising her eyebrows.

Meanwhile...
Magnus had "discreetly" edged towards the kitchen. Once inside the delicious-smelling room, he looked around for pizza, before realizing that it was gone, having not listened to the announcement earlier. His shoulders slumped, and he peered back into the audition room, ears folded back slightly in disappointment. Waiting for the next pet/pets to play, since their names had been called. Eyes large and sad, thinking about the food he had missed.

Meanwhile...
Felix was slightly confused as to why the puppy was suddenly happy again. She didn't even know what was in the box. It could be something awful. A dead body. He sniffed the air. No stench. Of course, it could be frozen... but that was unlikely, he supposed. What else might it be that was horrible? Aha! It could be a package of that disgustingly bitter nasty morning drink that humans and pets liked to ingest. Coffee? Yeah, that was the name. He supposed, though, since the Doberman Pinscher was a pet, she might enjoy that. Hmm. It could simply be a bomb. His ears perked up, listening for ticking, even though not all bombs ticked, and his eyes got wider with the prospect of an explosion. Trying to look inconspicuous, he edged away, planting himself on the other side of the doghouse for cover, wondering if the little doggy was going to open the package. Despite the fact that she might be injured if it really was a bomb, he wanted to see the thing at least burst into flame. He peered around the side of the doghouse, eyes bright, waiting in silent suspense. And with his excited anticipation, he temporarily forgot to be depressed about the collar thing.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

"Uh, I... kinda.... well... took a bath this morning. Funny, isn't it?"

Amelia giggled as she snuggled his chest, Well, I like you this way more.
Make Pasta not war.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex smiled, happy that she likes him even more like this. From now on, he'll take a bath every day.
I'm glad you like it. And now I have to do what I wanted to do the whole day today.
Just like on the day they met, Alex lowered down to her face, and grabbed it gently with his paws. And then, his lips touched hers, kissing her gently, enjoying every moment of it. Once done, he stood up, and pulled her left arm, just like Gary did before.
Well, I've been waiting for this the whole day. Let's go watch the auditions.
He walked back into the living room, and took his seat in the armchair, still leaving enough place for her.
caelei wrote:Yes, I'm really a raccoon. I was adopted when I was very very little. As for your brother's statement, I suppose not all raccoons are wild, considering that I'm talking to you right now. And about garbage can't say I've ever had it. Have you?
No.... but I've heard that raccoons really love garbage! Why is that? And why don't you like it if all others do?
Poor Pavelle. Mai is always excited when she meets new species, like in this case, a raccoon. And a domesticated one, too. There were so many questions that had to be asked....
Richarson Valley

Alex

Post by Alex »

Missingo wrote:Rachel took a seat on the couch, and Matthew took a seat next to her. Mai and the other pets seemed to already have setting up under control; besides, she and Matthew would not have been much help, anyways. She was injured, and Matt could barely lift her acoustic cello.

Pets began to filter into the living room as the audition began. Lucky played a wonderful solo, prompting a great applause from the audience. Then, strangely enough, Alex announced they were taking a break from the auditions after he had only heard a single one. He quickly departed, but returned soon enough in about a half-hour, asking Rachel and Matthew to perform.

"We'll be playing solos, thank you," Rachel said as Matthew helped her stand and walk over to a chair set up on the stage. Matthew handed her her cello and plugged it into the amplifier, giving her a thumbs-up to indicate that she was ready to begin. And she began to play Surfing With the Alien by Joe Satriani. The pain in her leg had nearly been forgotten as she immersed herself in the music. After a few minutes, the piece came to a close, complete with an improvised solo. She finished by pulling the entire bow across the strings in a swift movement, then grinned. She had always loved performing in front of an audience. Matthew then came up next to her and helped her to stand and take a bow, then led her to a seat on the couch.

Matthew then took the stage for himself, and plugged in his electric violin. "The piece I am about to play is by Niccolo Paganini, who has arguably written the hardest pieces for violin, mainly in the form of his 24 Caprice's. This is the fifth of those twenty-four." And with that, he began to perform the piece, displaying his virtuosity to the crowd. He finished the piece with it's A major arpeggio, then took a bow and walked off the stage. "So what did you think?" he asked Alex, smiling.

((keep in mind that they are playing electric instruments and are using the same distortion as the guitars. As a result, the violin and cello will sound almost exactly like the guitars.))
OOC: Missingo is, well, missing >_>. He left for camping and won't be back in more than 24 hours, so he asked me to post this for him. Don't worry, it's his post, he just PM'd it to me.
Richarson Valley

caelei

Post by caelei »

No.... but I've heard that raccoons really love garbage! Why is that? And why don't you like it if all others do?
Pavelle grimaced, but she couldn't deny the cat's persistance. Or her enthusiasm. She brought back her smile, so as not to seem put-off, and then answered. "Well. I suppose raccoons 'like' garbage because they like having a food source. In the wild, they may not get the nutrients they need from their environment, so take to raiding human trash. Or maybe it's just because picking through one bag of garbage is an easier, quicker way to get nourishment. It also might be more filling, if not healthier. Especially since human food normally has a lot of calories. And as for why I don't like it, it's like asking you why you don't eat it, either. I have no need to consume any sort of trash; I have been raised domesticated, for the most part having a steady food supply. Why would I eat garbage if I have regular food to eat instead? I'm sure, if wild raccoons had access to the food that I do, they would take the normal food over the garbage." She paused, thinking. "Take Felix, my brother, for example. He is undomesticated. Because he's staying in my house, I provide normal food for him. Not once has he denied the food I offered to eat trash. It's not logical for him to do so, and I'm sure normal food, instead of scraps, is more appealing to eat, in the first place." She paused from the conversation, waiting for the two auditions to run their course, appreciating the music, clapping at the end of each. She had never known that they had such talented musicians around the neighborhood. She turned back to Mai, waiting for a reply, if one came.

Meanwhile...
Magnus enjoyed both auditions so much that he came out of his dejected mood, momentarily forgeting about the pizza. "Beau-ti-ful," he said admiringly to no one in particular, tail wagging, ears coming forward as he clapped as loud as he could. He sure loved music. Wondering if Alex had to try out for his own band, like Mai did.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
grapejelly

Post by grapejelly »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:
grapejelly wrote:Max smiles and pokes his head in to. He was apparently going to follow anyway "well old books are neat!" he says and tries to see into the darkness
"Alright if your sure" he said Rolling his eyes and turning up the brightness on the LED lantern. "so who are you any way?..." he asked as he started climbing the stairs "watch for the nails in the boards, did you move in or something? because a LOT of that has been happening recently" he walked into the old study looking room and looked behind to see if Max was still there.
Max smiles and nods "yea i just moved here" he says steping lightly on the stairs "Really like what?" he asks as he follows closely behind. He steps into the study looking around "so wheres the books you wanting to read?
STR-4 PER-8 END-7 CHA-6 INT-7 AGI-7 LUC-3
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

"Uhm..." he looked around the dim study and found the side table he left the book on "This one i think... Well what i mean by lots of people moving in is that... well lots of people are moving in, ask just about any one and they'll say they moved in" he said as he put down the lantern and sat down to read the fragile book "Including me, although i moved in roughly 2 and a half weeks ago" he picked up the book carefully and set it down in his lap "Besides.... you still haven't told me your name, mine is Octavian, yours?" he said looking up.

what what? Jolly good time.
grapejelly

Post by grapejelly »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:"Uhm..." he looked around the dim study and found the side table he left the book on "This one i think... Well what i mean by lots of people moving in is that... well lots of people are moving in, ask just about any one and they'll say they moved in" he said as he put down the lantern and sat down to read the fragile book "Including me, although i moved in roughly 2 and a half weeks ago" he picked up the book carefully and set it down in his lap "Besides.... you still haven't told me your name, mine is Octavian, yours?" he said looking up.
"ohh sorry, my names Max!" he says walking up to one of the book shelves starting to fienger through all the books. "Wow these are old!" he says accidently ripping a cover off one of the book erfing with an "oops"!
STR-4 PER-8 END-7 CHA-6 INT-7 AGI-7 LUC-3
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Amelia took her place next to Alex, she placed her head on his shoulders. She liked the idea that she could finally relax with Alex and not have to worry about anything, she smiled again as she thought about it, I missed you so much. saying as she lifted her head, kissing Alex on the cheek, her tail swung slowly back and forth doing so.
Make Pasta not war.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Gary wrote:Uhm.. you do realize Alex already called and asked for the price? I found it weird, too, since the city is much more expensive, but I guess everything's cheaper in a small town like this..... And besides, we don't want others to give money. They're supposed to just have fun today. Come on, let's go back and leave these two *points to Alex and Amelia* alone.
Venison shrugged. He didn't know the price of pizza as well as he thought. Then again, he never had to order pizza before. He followed Gary back into the living room, taking a seat to listen to the auditions.

Rachel and Matthew played beautifully. Venison particularly enjoyed Rachel's improv, replacing what would have normally been tapping with amazing tremolo speed and interesting stylized slurs. It's not easy playing up to guitar speed on a bowed instrument. However, Venison disliked Matthew's performance. Well, not so much the performance, more the choice of song. He couldn't deny that Matthew was extremely skilled, but the song was showy and mostly annoying, up and down and up and down, scale after scale...admittedly good for an audition. But unless one heavily enjoyed "the arts," the song would be nothing more than sounds strung together, a simple show of skill rather than an actual song...Venison simply thought there wasn't enough variance throughout the song to be a song...and the distortion was inappropriate for the song, and didn't help.

'Ungh. I'm gonna need a good song quickly after that one...Hmm...'

"Hey, Alex, Lucky. I've got a song request, if you don't mind, and it has many chords, so we'll need the guitarists...and a singer and a drummer for that matter...Hmm...I could try drumming, or singing...I know those two parts to the song...

Have any of you heard of the song, Monkey Wrench, by the Foo Fighters...? Admittedly, it's the only song I've committed to memory..."

(OOC: Surfing with the Alien. Good song. Also, Monkey Wrench...song fits Venison pretty well, don'tcha think?)
Alex

Post by Alex »

Both Alex and Mai clapped enthusiastically after Rachel and Matt were done. Since Mai never picked up an instrument (unless the microphone counts as one), her amazement was bigger than Alex'. It made her forget about the conversation with Pavelle. The songs were played great, but Matthew definitely chose the wrong song. Nevertheless, the performance was great, and the song itself wasn't so important anyway.
Bravo! You did a great job, both of you! Although, Matt, I didn't enjoy your song as much as Rachels, but that's not important. You played great. *Smiles* - he said, slightly wondering what happened to Rachel's foot.
Venison wrote:Hey, Alex, Lucky. I've got a song request, if you don't mind, and it has many chords, so we'll need the guitarists...and a singer and a drummer for that matter...Hmm...I could try drumming, or singing...I know those two parts to the song...
Have any of you heard of the song, Monkey Wrench, by the Foo Fighters...? Admittedly, it's the only song I've committed to memory...
You can drum? Really? That's great, since no drummer showed up... and no bassist, either. If you're not sure, or if you just want to enjoy the song, don't worry - I have the drums only for that song on my cell phone, used to play it a lot with our old band... As for the bassist.... *Turns to Lucky* Can you play the bass?
While waiting for answers, he lays his head onto Amelia's, enjoying the moment. It was one of the rare occasions where he would rather stay where he is instead of playing guitar.... Would it be possible if.....
Hey, Rachel, Matthew? Can any of you play Monkey Wrench? It would be good to see you perform again, and to be honest, I'd rather stay right here where I am instead of playing the guitar myself....
Although unwillingly, his change got a bit redder, but it was far from being ashamed of being in a hug with Amelia. It was just that this is the first time to be with her in front of so many pets.

Mai jumped, enthusiastic about her finally being able to sing. None of these pets have ever heard her performance, and it sure was something special.
Oh boy, finally! - she exclaims, in front of the microphone, waiting while the other pets negotiate who will playing which instrument....
Richarson Valley

Mr. BoO

Post by Mr. BoO »

After Jazz finished his business in the gym he decided to went home. On the way home he saw a poster so he stopped to look.
Auditions for a rock band?!
Oh man, I must hurry to the audition,it already started!
Jazz was running to the house of Alex with full speed so he could make it. When he finally reached his house he knocked the door exhausted!
Jazz S-7 P-10 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-4

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison peered curiously at Alex. "You know that a majority of Monkey Wrench is played using power chords? I don't think that it's very possible to play that on bowed instruments...anywho, I will take a shot at the drums."

'After all...rhythmic pattern hitting on stationary targets will be much easier than moving ones...'
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

Alex wrote:Bravo! You did a great job, both of you! Although, Matt, I didn't enjoy your song as much as Rachels, but that's not important. You played great. *Smiles*
Matthew frowned. He'd worked hard on the piece, only to have the 'judge' dislike the song.
Alex wrote:Hey, Rachel, Matthew? Can any of you play Monkey Wrench? It would be good to see you perform again, and to be honest, I'd rather stay right here where I am instead of playing the guitar myself....
He and Rachel looked at each other and smiled. "Yeah, we can play it," Rachel said, grinning.
Venison wrote:"You know that a majority of Monkey Wrench is played using power chords? I don't think that it's very possible to play that on bowed instruments."
"It actually is possible, it's just a fifth across the strings, although it does require a lot of shifting. And even if you can't play some of the chords with one string instrument, we have two," Rachel said, motioning to Matthew. "So let's make some noise!" she said enthusiastically.
Kay: S4 P9 E6 C8 I7 A5 L3

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex watched as the pets organized to play the song, happy for being able to stay sitting there with Amelia, until.... someone knocked! A bit annoyed, he was about to stand up, when...
Don't worry, I'll go get it. *Walks off*

Yes? - said Gary, to the black dog who was standing outside, an hour late for the auditions... but maybe he isn't here for the auditions?
Meanwhile, Alex returned his head back on Amelia's, suddenly noticing something weird....
Amelia.... am I getting crazy... or is your ear gaining color?
It was true. Her ear was really losing the white color, being replaced by the regular color of her fur, the dark gray one. But how is that possible? A confused expression covered his face.
Richarson Valley

Mr. BoO

Post by Mr. BoO »

Yes? - said Gary, to the black dog who was standing outside, an hour late for the auditions... but maybe he isn't here for the auditions?
Hello there.
Jazz was exhausted from the running so he barely could speak.
I'm here for the...audition. I was running all the way here, I saw the posters a few minutes ago so I wanted to know can I still participate? I can play the drums.
Jazz S-7 P-10 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-4

Alex

Post by Alex »

Jazz wrote:I'm here for the...audition. I was running all the way here, I saw the posters a few minutes ago so I wanted to know can I still participate? I can play the drums.
Oh, really? You're just a tiny bit late. Come in, there's a lot of pets, and some of them are just preparing to play a song.
Gary moved to the side, letting the dog walk in, then he returned to the living room.
Richarson Valley

Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Lucky tried to respond to Alex but everybody was either too loud or too much was happening for him to answer. So instead he just goes to pick up the bass and gets into position.

--------------------

Balbaroy is busy sniffing around on the floor, his curiousity about the pizza is sated, but now he's hunting down that strange scent again. What was it?
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
Djinn

Post by Djinn »

Glory sits in her dog house before opening the package to find the various toys. She smiles and picks through them, giving a small amount of play time to each one before putting them away. She did appreciate that the cat next door was willing to apologize. He was obviously feeling sorry about that and that could possibly lead to.... *sniff sniff* to.... *sniff* "Raccoon?" She turns around to see Felix watching her and it weirds her out a little. She reaches up and pulls closed a curtain that is inside of the door of the doghouse.

(Edited)
Last edited by Djinn on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Djinn: S-5 P-7 E-6 C-5 I-7 A-10 L-2
Glory: S-4 P-6 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-6 L-5
BetaNeon

Post by BetaNeon »

After some time cleaning and a spot of breakfast, the husky was off down the road for a jog. These days was unusualfor him because the heat had made in need pant alot more than when he ran in Russia, and his long artic coat was not helping, so Jack eventually found it to the park after a block was jogged, and took a nap under the shade of the tree he was by before.
Jack: S-6 P-7 E-6 C-5 I-5 A-5 L-8
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Amelia looked at Alex returning to the living room, the small amount of time he was gone made her a little lonely, despite the fact the house was full of pets. She moved over a little, expecting Alex to sit next to again so they could resume listening to music together. Hey Alex, she said coolly as he returned. Alex looked at her funny, which made Amelia unconformable "Amelia.... am I getting crazy... or is your ear gaining color?" When she heard this she quickly lifted both her arms to try and cover her ear, Amelia immediately recoiled at the action when pain shot up her arms as she fell back down on the chair. I can't believe I forgot about it. covering her ear as much as she could.
Last edited by Dylan on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make Pasta not war.
caelei

Post by caelei »

Felix was disappointed when the box didn't blow up. It didn't even burst into fire or anything. He grumbled, ignoring the small puppy as she closed shut her curtains. *eyeroll* Dogs. Or better yet. All pets in general. He let out a long sigh, then frowned. Could he really be a pet? He drummed his fingers nervously against the ground, mood darkening. Maybe he should look at this positively. Being a "pet" could have benefits, right? So what if he was one legally. Since when did anything legal matter to him? He was still the same person, just had a different title, right? Being wild was all in the mentality, in his opinion. And anyways. This pet business might help him out a little, in some circumstances. Like if he ever got into a twist with animal control, or something similar to that. He could just whip out the collar and get all the humans off his back, just like that. His grim mood shifted towards a brighter one, though he was still grumpy. At least there was some good to this.

Meanwhile...
Pavelle and Magnus were both waiting for the musicians to get situated. Pavelle was wondering what it'd be like to play an instrument. And then to combine that talent with others' talents, creating a band. And then to play in front of a whole bunch of people, if you were good enough. She didn't know if she would like it, or not. Magnus, on the other hand, as enthusiastic as he normally was about this, had grown slightly detached from the situation, and had slumped down into a lazy sitting position on the floor, almost like he was reclining uncomfortably without using a chair. His eyes watched the proceedings, but he was hardly paying attention, tongue lolling out of his mouth a little. He gave a great yawn. It had been an eventful day, and the sun wasn't even down yet.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison sat down at the drum set apprehensively. 'Yes, just like hitting stationary targets...' He grasped the sticks in either hand, stared at them for a moment, before he looked at the snare drum. He paused for a moment, almost looking like he was thinking, and then struck the snare once.

*Papshhhhh*

He leaned a bit to the right, so he could see his paw on the kick pedal for the base drum, and gave it a quick kick.

*Doonnnn*

'Who am I kidding? I've never played the drums before. Even with the rhythmic hitting and limb isolation I have, one still needs lessons and practice to prefect any arts of any sort...' Venison heard a noise, and his ears flicked towards the door.
Jazz wrote:I'm here for the...audition. I was running all the way here, I saw the posters a few minutes ago so I wanted to know can I still participate? I can play the drums.
'Well that's that.' "You're a drummer? Then take a seat. I'm not."
As Venison handed off the drum sticks to the black dog, he noticed a yellow cat getting the mic ready. She was still a kid, maybe 10, 11 years old. 'A singer, I guess? But...'
"Hey. Um...well. Uh. I'm pretty sure a guy sings this song, and...uh...I want to..."
Venison couldn't keep talking. Even with his bad people skills, it wasn't hard to sway a kid, and he knew that.
"You know what, screw it. Have fun...I'll just listen, I guess..." Venison walked back to the couch.