H.N.M's "Games Server Adventures: Housepets X Dive"

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

HiraokaNettoMichio

H.N.M's "Games Server Adventures: Housepets X Dive"

Post by HiraokaNettoMichio »

Housepets is owned by Rick Griffin and Julio Martell. Everything else is owned by their respective owners.

Author's note before we begin: As you well know, I am not a fan of Multiverses. But I twisted the idea to make it more palatable by making the likes of existence into that of a computer based existence. Hence why the likes of "Servers" and characters logging to and fro said servers is a thing. Anyways, lets' start with Neurotic Corgi King Milton, taking his family to a server where they can spend the days challenging themselves and others.

--

LOGIN SUCCESSFUL! WELCOME MILTON FAMILY

Thank god I got this to work! ("You're welcome.") Welcome to a home away from home. I am King Milton and I formed this particular Games Server. You may remember me from the comics that Rick Griffin published. Even got my life story down.

...Who? Oh, I always sounded like that particular Power Ranger. (May he rest in peace alongside his numerous friends and foes in said artform.) But enough about which voice would be casted in your head, I'm here in this server to give me and my family a holiday.

Now to check in and- ROOK! WE'LL MAKE THE DEMONS EAT LEAD AS ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS WE DO! ("Much ado about nothing when it comes to violence, huh king?") Right Bailey, There is a reason why I deleted the right out degenerate games when making this server possible.

Of course, there's some forces that are more than happy to send us to the grim reaper. I refer to said reaper as ???. ("Why that sayian type Chaos Fighter?") Why not. At least the vulpine reaper doesn't share the crass vices as the franchise she's based off of. (Don't post anything of that very series as it's Not Safe For the Forums.)

As for a recurring antagonist? You know the Eggman right? Sonic's arch enemy? Well, there is this tie in to a cartoon starring it's antagonist. The infamous Dr. Ivo Robotnik. Yes, that game is "Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine." Why is he, his SixSes and his armies of creative and imaginative badniks after us? (SixSes is shorthand for "Super Special Sonic Search and Smash Squad.)

Well, the family spent time beating his badniks and eventually himself as Olive found a Sega Genesis with that game on it. Back when I was human, I got a genesis while I was with my horrid family. As I had to sell everything I own before moving out, I kept that game as something to play. And then it was stashed away at some point.

Well, now in that server we're in, Not only did Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog spun off into part of that world, but Robotnik have it out for me, my family and "The Hedgehog." Us specifically for no other reason than to "Shut that man and his family up." Gee, glad he cares that much.

As it's late, Olive showed us our hidden base. Her Animal Crossing city "Queenship." Nobody's here but Isabelle was more than happy to get us our respective housing. Well, nobody's here but a Hedgehog. THAT hedgehog who dares jeers and defeats Robotnik on a regular basis. The one who sounds like Urkle if he was a cool video game character.

"Allow me into introduce myself. I'm Sonic. Sonic The Hedgehog. And you must be the King." Chipper until realizing how exactly I got just about everything and the kitchen sink into my server "King of the Pirates that is." he said with scorn. "Look, in another life I was marked as a wanted criminal alongside my family, so how about we set that aside for now and clean the city of Queenship. Then we'll do everything else to get some much needed villagers."

Sonic takes out a cap that have Tom Nook's insignia on it "So without further ado, or a don't, Let's speed, keed."

I'll get back to you after we get done with Tom Nook's errands. And then I'll link accounts and buy some games to atone.

Edit: Games Servers are open to the public as they're entertainment servers. Just have to get everything set up for the first guests.
Friend me on steam for a friendly game of whichever.

Steam Name: Hiraoka Netto Michio
(Username: James77358)
Steam Friend code: 51949146
Amazee Dayzee

Re: H.N.M's "Games Server Adventures: Housepets X Dive"

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Have to say that I am kind of interested in how this story will play out! It definitely is intriguing so far!
HiraokaNettoMichio

Okay, before I even mention it, Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd opened more of their businesses in the games servers specifically to bankroll even more money. Of course, unlike Crazy Redd, Zedd would rather do business squarely as the feds would be after him, Rita and their empire if they're dishonest. Call him "Redd" at your own peril.

Anyways, Robotnik is hatching a scheme after King and his family settled in. Grape so happened to meet the reaper after getting flattened by a barrel a la Donkey Kong.

And I pray that I don't screw up the Reaper herself, otherwise Julio would throttle me. (This is a good time to sign up for the forums if you're reading this Mr. Martell.)

--

"GRAPE JELLY SANDWICH! YOU ARE DEAD! DEADER THAN A DOOR KNOB! DEADER THAN..." Oh would you look at that. The reaper is a Helluva Fox who is working with the corgi sysop himself! "Darn it! I couldn't get the frequency right without the manual!"

"Okay Tammy Greg Oliver! What's your business here?" I jeered.

"Actually, it's Reaper Hadexane." As she's taking out her scythe, "And you must be Puss in Boots." Looking down and seeing the Soap Shoes that Sonic wears.

"Yeah, I just got those. I think they make you faster..."

"Only if you get a power up." Knowing some of the rules. "Right. Name? In case I didn't already know."

"Grape Jelly Sandwich." Peanut just got here now.

"How was I supposed to know you're not supposed to eat those?" Reaper is not amused.

"You both must be new to the games servers. Trounced by the Arcade Version of Donkey Kong?"

"I thought I would turn-"

"Guess so. Okay, Let's try this again." The reaper takes out the guestbook. "You already introduced me to yourself Grape Jelly Sandwich. As for your roommate?"

"Peanut Butter Sandwich." The reaper cringed upon me speaking his name.

"You mean the hack that plagiarised DC Comic's Superman?!" She was about to blow her top but calmed herself with deep breathing exercises. "...Right. I shouldn't expect much as King Milton pirated everything he can get his hands on then bought everything for his accounts so that he can link and atone."

And so, the rules are being set according to King's design.

"You guys are not exactly dead... But you're not exactly alive either. As you put on a show by playing the attractions, you can rack up credits. Credits are your lifeline in the games servers. Run out and that's your lot. You'll need to recharge them in order to truly return for more. But you also have lives and continues. You can get more by performing well... Or lose a whole lot of them by performing poorly. And yes, progress can be saved and achievements can be earned as well."

"What can we do to recharge these credits while we're still in the servers?" I asked the reaper. "We get jobs to serve others?"

"I take it back. You've been to the games servers before," Even though I haven't been to the game servers before, but I just rolled with it. "Working jobs, helping others, serving the community, buying credits, tending to the 'attractions' and if you're willing to move in to a games server, you'd be set for life. You'd still have to worry about the other worlds and servers' currency including what you will need to buy anything in said server but I take it that Babylon Gardens is in Texas so... USD it is. You could convert credits to your currency but you'd have to worry about the exchange rates and everything regarding cash and credits..."

"Okay, I think I get it now. Where can we set a hidden base?" Peanut asked the Reaper. "Tarot stated that the puppies would invest in games when they're older..."

"Oh yeah. Well, there is a Animal Crossing city called "Queenship." Yep, definitely Olive's Animal Crossing town. "Look for town hall and speak to Isabelle." Now we're set.

"Okay! Guess we're off then!" Only for us to be stopped by her scythe striking near us.

"Not so quick, smartypants." Oh good... More of a lecture. "There are many forces who would be more than happy to delete anyone that gets in their way. Sysop King also set the servers to send first timers here upon their "first deaths." This may be a dimension of games but just like in the main servers where you're from, the world plays for keeps."

"You said something about a manual, where is it?" Reaper shows us a tome that is also akin to a tablet. Peanut takes it and it boots up.

"Everything you'll need to know is on this Tome Tablet. This may as well be the same model as your wife's since you're familiar with it." And finally, she shows us a escape spring. "You'll have to jump on this escape spring to return to the server and truly begin your adventure."

"Thanks." And as I then mutter under my breath something regarding the original character she's based off of "...[CENSORED.]"

"I heard that... Now go before I decide to keep the both of you." And so, we jumped on the escape spring and launch ourselves back in action. Tarot would also be waiting for us with her puppies in the base of "Queenship."

This will only be the beginning.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You managed to put the chapter together very strong! It is amazing what you can come up with!
HiraokaNettoMichio

I tried accessing the forums earlier, but wound up getting a 404 error. I thought I had to give up on fanworks as a whole, but the site came back. This is a fictitious rendition regarding the webcomic's site and forums going offline and spiting out said 404.

And considering Enby Milton (AKA "Recolor the Character" as I so derisively named him in private) when I found out about his storyline, I think I could come up with something where he (Yes, like canon as Breel is a she in my works) did something to shut off access to the servers. Even modifying him somewhat so he wouldn't be just a copy of Breel.

--

LOGGING IN...
LOGIN SUCCESSFUL. WELCOME MILTON FERRETS!

"Mimic Milton, what have you done?" Keene asked as he and Breel were trying to find him for tampering with the tech.

"Don't worry about that for now!" Breel replied as she have wanted posters at the ready "We need to find the vulnerabilities as he's a shapeshifter that can slip away easily!"

Mimic Milton is the villainous counterpart to Breel Milton, complete with transformation powers perfect for infiltration purposes. Would you believe he's a infernal still in this series? Now just A Token Evil Teammate of the Business that is the Milton Ferrets.

Anyways, Brilliant Breel and her mate Keene were posting the posters as they have yet to meet the reaper to get the lowdown on the rules of King's Games Server. Turns out she is after him for nearly bricking said server, scythe at the ready to 'Send (him) back to Hades.'

...Soon, Breel is stocking her confectionary creations after meeting the reaper herself. A Multiform Copy of Lord Zedd is behind the counter as he is restraining himself from throttling the ferret for what sort of freak contributions she brought onto the world. But he ordered the goods, and now she's bringing her works and the works of others onto the shelves of the "Bandora Stop" convince store.

"This is absolutely ridiculous. I ought to throw her out. Who would even allow the infernal counterpart to try and destroy entire worlds even as he's reformed, let alone her obvious contributions to making freakshows?!"

As he is going on to himself of how he'd rather take over the worlds than destroy them, Mimic copied keene's physical form in order to avoid retribution for his destructive actions. "Keene, would you hand me the gum." Only for Zedd to raise his staff and point it directly at Breel ready to fire. "Don't worry, these are not mine." as Mimic proceeds to sneak in a few decoys that would cause the typical mayhem. The Parody Labels referring to their true nature and effects are the tell.

As Breel gets the first pack of gum, she immediately detects her parody branding and the game is up for Mimic. Mimic have been spotted. "I am going to kill him." As Zedd points his staff at the imitation ferret, ready to kill in tranquil fury. "Guess the wanted posters worked after all." As she tried to reason with him.

He couldn't care less as he fired a bricking spell. And upon the staff's blasting the copy, it was so powerful that the entirety of existence was bricked out completely. God had to get to work cleaning up the cosmic mess as well as rebuilding everything to it's exacting details entirely.

Edit: Don't panic, things will be back to it's usual by the next post I make in my fanworks. Also, in spite of his trouble making infernal nature, Mimic Milton would die at the hands of karma only to be brought back for more. Think a infernal who dies like Kenny McCormick, only within the confines of a more family oriented show.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You did some truly excellent work with this and I am impressed! I hope you never give up on writing fanfiction ever!
HiraokaNettoMichio

Okay, So I'll play with Cerberus as a visitor to King's Server upon witnessing a advert for his Games Server. Of course everything have been rebuilt and repaired since "Bricking" may as well be a destructive descriptor of the sheer power that would destroy. And everyone remembers the various histories.

Let's start with Cerberus logging in to King's Games Server after seeing a advert. (Yes, this would involve a song plucked from somewhere else as part of the advert that got her interest .)
--

(Cue Battle B-Daman Dub Opening being used for this advert.)

♫Ready! Set!♫
♫DUKE IT OUT!!♫

♫In ancient times, the challenge was made♫
♫A sport of merit so many have played♫
♫Through all the highs and lows♫
♫Victory or disaster♫
♫Only the best can be called.... KING OF GAMERS!!!♫
♫ON YOUR MARKS!!!♫

♫Get ready! Here we go! Take down your foe♫
♫You got the skill to decide, come on! GO FOR BROKE!!!♫
♫A tournament of Champions! A battle of the Gods!♫
♫Suited up in armor to lay the challenge down!♫
♫Lay the challenge down!♫
♫GET PSYCHED!♫

♫Get into position!♫
♫Prepare for competition!♫
♫Destroy the opposition! Be the man!!!♫
♫Enter battle! Since time Began!♫
♫Only the most skilled can be called the world's King of Games!♫

Then the corgi and a vixen proceeds to advertise the server as the Battle B-Daman dub Opening's music extends to sell the server as a place to call home in addition to a fun palace to visit.

"I am the SysOp of this games server, Joel 'King' Milton!" "And his fellow SysOp ??? !"
"Are you looking for a server of games to move to, complete with said server being a arcade, amusement park, a place to work study and much much more?"

Then the location shifts into the various game worlds where people can challenge as the kitchy advert shows it's no budget nature, Since he spent just about everything at hand to get the official releases of everything he can while keeping the pirates' scorn as well. "That's right! The King of Gamers Server is here, online and ready to go!"

"Saving the earth!" "And the universe!" "And your will to live, work and play!"

Tarot is in the advert as she may as well be pregnant until Rick can have her give birth to her puppies in his official continuation. "Thank you King and everyone involved! It seems that you saved my family's employment and excitement..." Giving a look of confusion as she wonders who writes that and why they did so.

After some testimonials, King closes out the promo with this.

"Forget about the other game servers where you're a right out sucker to them!" King referencing the servers where they're only in it for personal gain "In my all out Games Server, you may as well be friends, family, rivals and neighbors!"

---

...And that is what Cerberus proper is showing to the Vixen Reaper as she (Cerberus) is with the Permaberry Self Insert on another date. (Hiraoka Michio being a berry ferret today.) "...I'm still waiting for a particular someone to join the forums." Hiraoka stated. Reaper sighed with a smile, knowing that she is a variant of that 'particular someone's' character.

"Everyone knows that Michio. The least you would do for him is try your hardest not to screw up."

And she goes over the rules of the server with Cerberus and Hiraoka. The same rules set by King as she explained to Peanut Butter, Grape Jelly, and Tarot Card Sandwich. (Tarot right out stating "It's going to take a whole lot more than even death itself to make me miscarrage!" when she and her puppies met reaper for the first time as she still have her babies intact as she rubbed her pregnant midsection.)

"Would you believe that her having a celestial form made her and her puppies nigh invulnerable, even as far as her and her puppies still being intact?" Reaper stated, as she's going over how the server works.

--

After everything is made clear and both Cerberus and her Platonic date understand completely, Reaper goes up to the Berry Ferret and tells him "See Julio Martell afterwards as you essentially made his character "Rena Angelica Vixane" your equivalent of Karishad when it comes to your works." (Long Story, still waiting for you to sign up to the forums Julio.)

And so, the two enter a blank slate which may as well be a hidden base with access to the outside world. "I'll work on getting the means to buy furniture and decorations." Cerberus stated. "Stay out of trouble while I'm away." Just to let you know, The three heads of Cerberus are able to speak but one at a time as they alternate between which of them speaks.

And before Cerberus leaves for the attractions to score prize money, she turns the place into a interior of a house that doesn't have anything inside with just a command inputted into the personal computer system given to them. This is going to take a lot of work to make it just right.

--

"Yeah Cerb. Everything have to run by me before they get added, let alone planned." As Cerberus wishes to compete with the Bombermen in a tournament, King is giving her the rundown of the rules, let alone the usual Battle Game Formula. "And above all else, Have fun. If you're able to win your first tournament, I'll give you a cash bonus in addition to the starting furniture, clothing and decorations just for setting your homebase to a blank slate."

And like that, I'll see if I can novelize the gameplay as the next entry of this fanwork.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really do think that this came out very wonderful! Keep it up with all of the great fanfiction!
HiraokaNettoMichio

Okay, just played some Bomberman Online for Sega Dreamcast as a reference material of this entry. Cerberus is just about to enter the qualifiers at this time.

Also, I dropped the mystery regarding a particular fox that I obfuscated beforehand. (Still waiting for a Fensky to join this community, but he's fine with his character being used in Safe For Work stuff.)

--

FINAL DAY, FINAL QUALIFIER PARTY START!
GIVE IT YOUR ALL CERBERUS!

Cerberus proceeds to enter a game world of the Bomberman Franchise in question, which is the entry for Sega Dreamcast. Starting off on the Standard Stage in Beginner Variant, she faces off against some of the Bombermen.

To describe the rules to the best of my ability as the poodle is part of the qualifier in addition to the cerberus, Bomberman is something like this

Step 1: Drop Bombs
Step 2: Run
Step 3: Watch your back, your front, your sides, ect. Just watch out and don't get fragged.

The Standard stage have nothing special going on. Beginner Variant of the stage just holds the Bomb Ups, Fire Ups, Speed Ups, Bomb Kick, and Poison Skull. I'll go over the items of that game right now as Cerberus adapts to the ruleset..

Bomb Up (Panel with a bomb on it) allows you to plant more bombs, up to a maximum of around eight bombs.
Fire Up (Panel with a cheerful fire character on it) allows you to increase your bomb's fire power. Maximum is around eight levels of firepower.
Speed Up (Panel with a roller skate on it) allows you to move faster. Maximum is around 8 points of speed, but sometimes there is such a thing as too fast.
Bomb Kick (Panel with a foot kicking a bomb) allows you to kick bombs around. There is a button that would allow you to stop the kicked bomb in it's tracks, but only bombs you've kicked.
Bomb Punch (Panel with a red boxing glove) allows you to punch bombs away with a push of a button.
Power Glove (Panel with a blue glove) allows you to pick up and throw bombs ahead of you with a push of a button.
Line Bomb (Panel with a row of three bombs) allows you to set a line of bombs ahead of you with a push of a button,
Rubber Bomb (panel with a glob of nitro on it) allows you to plant globs of nitroglycerin which can bounce around when kick, punched or thrown.
Poison Skull (Panel with a stylized skull with red eyes): Power Down! Inflicts random ailments. From Speed Alteration, Fuse Alterations, Control Alterations, all the way to Bomb Constipation and Bomb Diarrhea. ("Keep those rotten rhymes to yourself.") You could also spread the illness around and the rules regarding that item vary depending if the Poison Skull is flammable or fireproof.

Anyways, Cerberus begins on a best of two, round robin where the poorest performing combatant is ejected from the match. (Just in case there's a shut out.) As she plants bombs and minds the blast radius as she gets powerups. The Judge system have the players tug at the items before they can collect said items.

Soon, Player 2 is gone after Player 3 shut out the competition as he self-destructed himself as the first frag not once, but twice. Cerberus just happened to get the hang of things as she's darting around corners, anticipating survival before finally being the only one left as she shut out Player 4 and finally Player 3.

"Oh! Someone's got the hang of things!" Kitsune stated as he's anticipating Cerberus.

"I'll give her the bonus and furniture right now." as King leaps out of his seat and proceeds to head to Cerberus and Hiraoka's Secret Base, cash in pants and furniture in tow of course.

--

...Cerberus arrives with the notice that she qualified for competition. "Hey Michio! My Platonic Permaberry Partner! I MADE IT!" as she shows the berry ferret her qualification results. "Now all I need to do is battle for the grand prize set and we'd be set!"

King was right behind Cerberus with his gifts in tow. "Glad you made it to the brackets. I thought you'd go splat at the starting line or something..." He takes out Two-Thousand Six Hundred dollars as Cerberus' reward for making it into her first tournament.

"I thought I'd get the bonus for winning the first tournament of mine." Cerberus reminded King which his response is this

"I'm feeling rather generous in this case." as Rena Vixane enters after King Milton and gets the furniture set up, after she notes the home layout in addition to the berry ferret.

"I see you already know of my fellow System Operator Rena Vixanne." as Cerberus is watching her work the interior decoration. "Also you can rearrange the furniture and decorations however you see fit. Just make sure you're able to have the space and also the means to buy and sell the furniture you don't want."

"Or you could destroy them." Rena added. "We're not telling you how to live your life but destroying furniture you don't want is a option. In fact it's the only way to get rid of the shameless bootlegs, such as forgeries."

"En effet mon ami." King bantered in agreement. "Though everyone knows of the very hypocrisy, but yes." As Rena works fast to decorate Cerberus and Hiraoka's home base, knowing Crazy Redd and his kind are not far behind in the games servers.

--

"...All done!" and indeed it is. The starter furniture setup is finished. "Now we just wait and see what you two could come up with on your own." As Rena gives the "Mighty Home Association" flyer. (Happy Home Academy equivalent, flavored with the Battle Media Genre seasoning.)

King noted how Olive is the first in the server to have her homebase town apply for the MHA. "It's completely optional by the way, but there are great prizes for designing well."

And after everyone is in understanding, the two SYSOPs proceed to leave the hidden base, having finished the setting up of Cerberus' home base.

"I sense in that fox something akin to the Sayian Race." Cerberus would be proven right when the time finally arrives. But for now, she has to fix dinner.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This whole thing was just truly amazing and a very gripping read! You have a lot of natural talent as a writer!