Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sarah huffed. "Seems nowt. thought might be a door or... Any of youse got a shap'd charge? Mak' oor ain door?"
--------------------------------------
Corp gave Conall a thumbs up before rolling his eyes and contacted Recon on a private channel. "According to our little loca the air's poison," he muttered. "Probably OK for the short time we're here but,we'll need decontamination and check ups when we get back. The others don't need to know just yet, Recon. It'll take their minds off their jobs. Could get them hurt. I'm telling you so they can be told if this unit goes down." He cut the line and engaged the group setting. "If they're tracing us, there's no logic to being upstairs. All downstairs and cover the doorway." As he said it, he was using the helmet screen directions to sign that Conall should get the little local downstairs to safety if he could. For his part, he grabbed the Coyote. "Can't leave you up here," he told him. "And your friends want you dead more than we do. Like it or not... You're with us now."
------------------------------------
"I was referring more to when we meet the Varanians," Hannabelle said. "Because, if they're being used for food, the Varanians are at the end of this trail. If they're being used to build a slave military..." She checked her weapon as they headed after the truck. "...the Varanians are at the end of this trail. Either way, it's us verses nine foot tall, armour plated behemoths for the Corytophians. And I don't plan on losing easily."
-----------------------------------
"And," Keeva asked smoothly, "would he be one that might accept an invitation to meet with a augmented Feline and a large, friendly, Pred? Who appears to have a child on his toe."
The child, being Golten, had somehow not seen the huge drone as he'd been racing the passages, engaged in chase games with Corvis. "S...sorry, sir," Golten said, "didn't see you there..."
Corvis just looked up at Pred, then at his brother. Then back at Pred. "Didn't... see... him..?" Then he just facepalmed.
----------------------------------
"I'll cert'nly try, sir," Cherry sniffed, focussing on getting through to someone she'd not met. "Home base to Hawk, come in Hawk. And, please, you're live on channel Mindwire. No swearing please."
Sana was at the rendezvous point. Well, she was nearly absolutely sure it was the rendezvous point. Now she just had to wait and hope Hawk had caused that large explosion and wasn't in it.
Jaken looked out on the cityscape. He could just about see where they'd landed from here. "Not in one portal," he admitted honestly. "But I can roof hop there in... Four portals?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cailean immediately grins at this question.
"Yer askin' me if Ah hae explosive an' can mak a door." he answers without answering.
"Ah willnae dae it wi'oot Corp's orders though. It would mak our position clear an' Ah dinnae if they ken exactly where we are yet."

~~~~~~~~
Conall nods in understanding and crosses back to Et'wan.
"Boss says tae gae daownstairs." he writes to the reptilian creature.
'Come on. We'll tak care o' ye. An' boss' boss will dae his best tae tak care o' th' situation 'ere. Ah'll explain when there's time." Wisely the Laird refrains from actually promising Et'wan safety, just in case.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hawk continued running up the steps that connected to the wall, his eyes on the two remaining transports. He didn't have a plan to take them both out as, much to his dismay, the launcher he used to destroy the one was, itself, destroyed when it crashed onto the streets below. Still, he thought as he scurried up the stairs, that's one less transport for the crew to deal with...
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:42 pm Hivemind was considering when he noted the explosion in the middle of the outer city of New Rome. He let out a synthetic sound similar to a sigh and rubbed his forehead. "Get me in contact with Hawk..."
Hearing his comm-unit go off, much to his annoyance, Hawk grabbed the communicator and activated it; Hivemind's ID appeared on the screen. "You're going to have to call me back, sir! Situation here just went from already bad to even worse!" He said before turning off the comm-unit as he reached the second to last set of stairs. "Man, I'm gonna get chewed out for this...swear he's gonna think this is my fault...I know that, it's just...thanks to that replica? My reputation is more shot than ever..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the outskirts, Tobias was readying to play another song when he heard a rather peculiar noise. First thinking it to be some sort of wildlife, he was set to ignore it until he looked up..."Ay, Dios mío!" He tapped Eira on the shoulder and pointed to where he was looking. "Aren't those the two buques* that Hawk mentioned?"

*buques = Ship
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"We're here Gear. We'll be there in a few." Liz said, before looking back to the others. "That would be our cue to leave."
Kolt smiled and gave them a thumbs up. "Well good luck! Hope to see you when all this is done and we've back on the Beacon."
Liz gave him a thumbs up back and a nod to Eira before she and Lewis headed out to meet up with gear.
Kolt turned back to his new gal pal and his smile turned into more of a smirk. "Let's go beat up some bad guys." He said, starting to float somewhat above the ground.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?