2023/04/11 - Hello Cruel World

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

2023/04/11 - Hello Cruel World

Post by Obbl »

[ Hello Cruel World ]

Title Text: life sucks but at least now it's more complicated!

Welcome back! :D
Frank

Re: 2023/04/11 - Hello Cruel World

Post by Frank »

Wasn't badger-boy a lawyer? I'd say things have been squarely placed back in his area of expertise!
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

What’s that on Jessica’s face
as she thinks of Steward?
Is getting rid of the old Badger
to be her anointed reward?
A stripe whose coin’s forgotten
as Raccoons plot their moves.
With Custom drawing more ‘fans’
everyone’s hitting their grooves.
Trucks’ forever the brains
and Fal’s forever the thief
and Trinket watching over
as they give civilisation grief.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Jess seems way too happy about the prospect of Steward being eaten alive.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Frank wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:52 am Wasn't badger-boy a lawyer? I'd say things have been squarely placed back in his area of expertise!
Yeah, that's what I was about to say. Once he can reestablish his identity as a missing person, with an explanation people will now believe, he will already have assets, a degree, and work experience. Granted, he did fail his last job...

Then again, I'm trying to remember, was he in some sort of legal trouble at the end?

Edit: Yes. Steward and Thomas, though they have significant experience with the human world, can't reassume their identities because they are criminals.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... k-animals/

Still, Steward may be able to convince Keene or one of his former associates to work with him... Even if he's having to start from scratch though, Steward isn't like Thomas or Todd, where he wasn't doing well to begin with. I think that last line there was supposed to have some sort of hint of irony, that they think he's not going to do well, but we as the audience realized that he is the kind of person who can do very well in society, and he's just had a whole character arc worth of improvement.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am just waiting for the point where Steward proves Jessica and Trinket wrong and ends up even more better off than he has been before. Even if he can't resume his previous life, he can still make it as he does still have his experience. :mrgreen:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Meanwhile, separately, I'm wondering if we're going to see any pet owners who got turned into nonhumans... I'm guessing not the Sandwiches, but Sasha's owner? Joel's (King's) former accomplice? Keene's Aunt? Some other member of the shadowy cabal that tried to kill Keene that one time? Any of the other random pet owners?

I think seeing that would be very interesting.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oh, good to see again the two rascals Falstaff and Truck. :D Yeah, they live there with Jessica, and their idea about citizenship doesn't surprise me: they don't care about it, also if are forced to stay so much distant from civilization... :roll: Don't try to be smart with your friend's words, Falstaff. :P Steward has gone away... He's a transformed human, yeah, but as a badger, he would be much safer and better in the house with Jessica and the others. :?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Having spent no small amount of time as a pair of wings affixed to Steward's keister, Trinket's entitled to be a little resentful and cranky.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

She was attached to his back but I do get the point you are trying to make. Would have been worse if she was his butt though! :mrgreen:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:48 am I am just waiting for the point where Steward proves Jessica and Trinket wrong and ends up even more better off than he has been before. Even if he can't resume his previous life, he can still make it as he does still have his experience. :mrgreen:
My thoughts exactly x3

Though they would probably twist it anyway and still consider him "Eaten alive by society"
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

So... Is Fox still scarred? After all, from how they're saying it, Steward never had to flee that time...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CryosR

Post by CryosR »

where will Stewart go? Back to the Milton Ferrets now that he's exploded at them?

Honestly no idea, that was just my first thought
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

GameCobra wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:02 pm
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:48 am I am just waiting for the point where Steward proves Jessica and Trinket wrong and ends up even more better off than he has been before. Even if he can't resume his previous life, he can still make it as he does still have his experience. :mrgreen:
My thoughts exactly x3

Though they would probably twist it anyway and still consider him "Eaten alive by society"
lest we forget, before he was a fugitive badger, he was an accountant.
"Why is an accountant like an octopus?" Answer: "When threatened, they both disappear in clouds of ink."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I woud imagine that for helping Keene and getting him closer to realizing his goal in the end by agreeing to having a fraction of the world change to animals that he would help get him pardoned for his crimes. If not that, then maybe the Celestials wiped everybody's minds about what he did who wasn't involved in the final fight.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:27 pm I woud imagine that for helping Keene and getting him closer to realizing his goal in the end by agreeing to having a fraction of the world change to animals that he would help get him pardoned for his crimes. If not that, then maybe the Celestials wiped everybody's minds about what he did who wasn't involved in the final fight.
OO OO OO, legal controversy! Can a human, now transformed into an animal, be held liable for acts committed during a pre-transformed life? If the answer is yes, then do human period penalties apply in sentencing or must the present animal status of the defendent now apply??

The Supreme Court is NOT gonna want this one! :shock: :? :roll: ;)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I just wanna know if Fox is still scarred.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Not to be a stickler or anything But I really, REALLY hope Steward gets arrested the instant he steps foot back in the city. I know Heaven just launched this huge conspiracy so the kids he's transformed can still find work and get educated, but they're still gonna be traumatised by what he did to them, his actions will NEVER be okay. Also, he commited fraud and tried to steal from his old employer, assaulted a police offer and literally tried to destroy the world and only stopped when Kitsune fried his brain, you don't get to just come back from all that.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I think everyone deserves a second chance as long as they recognize what they did wrong and want to better themselves
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not to mention I'm pretty sure destroying the world wasn't exactly his goal and he was being used by Eudoant for his own means. He only wanted to get back at Keene. It was being transformed that warped his mind.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Obbl wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:15 pm I think everyone deserves a second chance as long as they recognize what they did wrong and want to better themselves
I understand that but I still feel he got off way too easy and deserves some form of punishment.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

As much as I agree that what he did and the long-lasting effects of said actions are abhorrent, actions do indeed speak louder than words, in that regard, let’s wait and see what he does to make amends.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:50 pm
Obbl wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:15 pm I think everyone deserves a second chance as long as they recognize what they did wrong and want to better themselves
I understand that but I still feel he got off way too easy and deserves some form of punishment.
I've come around to think about this in a different way. If he truly regrets what he did, then what purpose does the punishment serve? If it's only to make us (or even the victims of his misdeeds) feel better, then it takes the form of petty revenge at that point. That's why I disagree with the idea of punishment for punishment's sake, it doesn't address any problem other than our ugly desire to see a person hurt "justifiably"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Always make a little room for redemption. Even for badgers. Even for badgers who used to be accountants ... or still are accountants.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If he becomes as big as a philanthropist as Keene has been especially with the ECP program I can see him being pardoned.

Though I can also see Fox (who often leaps before he looks) punching him in the face before he is told Steward has been redeemed and giving him a black eye to match Fox's scar.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:25 pm If he becomes as big as a philanthropist as Keene has been especially with the ECP program I can see him being pardoned.

Though I can also see Fox (who often leaps before he looks) punching him in the face before he is told Steward has been redeemed and giving him a black eye to match Fox's scar.
That's what I'm wondering. From the fact Jessica expected him to be there, it may be that that event - that resulted in the scarring - never happened.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:08 pm I just wanna know if Fox is still scarred.
Why wouldn’t Fox still have the scars? Certainly older Fox in heaven had the same scars. Heaven changed the rules of their universe, but I don’t think they jumped back in time to do so.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Pretty sure that everything that happened that the cast was involved with still happened and they didn't get a memory wipe. So Fox probably STILL has his scars and remembers it was Steward that did it.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:47 pm Pretty sure that everything that happened that the cast was involved with still happened and they didn't get a memory wipe. So Fox probably STILL has his scars and remembers it was Steward that did it.
Yeah, but why did Jess expect Steward to be THERE? He fled the K9's from there in the run up. If he never now fled because the coin thing now 'never happened', Fox doesn't get scarred.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:54 am
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:47 pm Pretty sure that everything that happened that the cast was involved with still happened and they didn't get a memory wipe. So Fox probably STILL has his scars and remembers it was Steward that did it.
Yeah, but why did Jess expect Steward to be THERE? He fled the K9's from there in the run up. If he never now fled because the coin thing now 'never happened', Fox doesn't get scarred.
I guess that begs one of a number of "to-be-determined" questions - are/will people who got "animalized" automatically restored, do they remain critters, or is there a transformation process for those seeking restoration? ... interesting to begin the new arc in the woods.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

NHWestoN wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:41 am
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:54 am
I guess that begs one of a number of "to-be-determined" questions - are/will people who got "animalized" automatically restored, do they remain critters, or is there a transformation process for those seeking restoration? ... interesting to begin the new arc in the woods.
People who were cursed are currently stuck cursed in order to bolster Keene’s plans. you know, the idea he got a death glare from Lois for considering back when she got cursed? previous comics suggest that a reversal is in the works, but currently dangerous to use for at least a couple decades. So if you’re cursed but don’t want to be an animal, your choices are wait a long time or take a very risk-heavy procedure.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Basically them saying there was a cure was Rick's way of making sure the audience isn't too angry at him for basically forcing most humans to become animals. I am pretty sure that as long as the comic continues that we will NEVER see the cure. Even when Rick calls it a day we might not see a cure.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

CryosR wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:05 am where will Stewart go? Back to the Milton Ferrets now that he's exploded at them?

Star in Rock's newest reality show "So You Wanted To Rule the World"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That could be a definite hit if they market it right. I'm sure a few people and animals would be interested in watching it. ;)