2023/03/14 - I Choose A Mortal Life

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2023/03/14 - I Choose A Mortal Life

Post by D-Rock »

[ 2023/03/14 - I Choose A Mortal Life ]

Title Text: you’re not immune to the medieval flail anymore!
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Were Jack

Re: 2023/03/14 - I Choose A Mortal Life

Post by Were Jack »

Previous page, most people didn't know it's a Kitsune as a mortal. Tbh, I didn't think of that obviousness myself. I feel kinda dumb now, because, well, who else could it be, suddenly appearing.
I actually like his new design (better than the previous, if You ask me). I am eager to see what will happen in the future.
Especially that I like dozen kinds of transformations. Not just species to species, but also immortal to mortal too. That's really interesting thing, when someone who had near limitless power become limited, either by the choice, consequence of their action or even totally non intentional.

Also the page is extremely cute. Especially the first panel :>
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Quick, Kix, take the chance
to punch ‘God’ in the face
as being able to recover
was Kit’s biggest grace.
So he’s going mortal,
with memories removed?
Should have done that first time;
a theory that’s now proved.
They’ll be a mortal team
as Kari becomes a god.
The question that remains is
“Will Craig remain a little sod?”
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CryosR

Post by CryosR »

Yeah, probably best to make sure there's no more little pockets of potential hell-power on earth before you turn off the god memories.

And just go ahead and make her a demigod, Kits, she's already demonstrated she has power over the three of you when she's a mortal and you three are (mostly) all powerful, how exactly would that change your dynamic in the long run? I know it's probably up to Bahamut but if she can instill humility and a desire for mortality in you three at this point she's just missing the actual cosmic power.

On that note is Karishad going to have to take Kitsune's workload if he starts dating Cerberus or was that just a random pass and he's going to still just be hanging around on earth?
Shryke

Post by Shryke »

I guess it's official, what has and will happen. :sad:
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

And now everybody's getting set in the position that I assumed they'd be in when The Cosmic Game first ended. We got there eventually.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Oh no... We're going for the Mewtwo Strikes Back memory wipe, are we?
Immortal_Requiem

Post by Immortal_Requiem »

Kind of a big save for me that the memory wipe still hast happened and we get to see the reasoning behind wanting to do the move. Kitsune is at least making sure cerb and/or somebody will check on things for a little while, and its not simply giving the responsabilities away as he plans to resume them. Tarot and others ... I suppose they will be included in the memory wipe, would feel very weird for them to be the only ones to know, much like he is telling to kix.

I don't know if we'll see much of the celestials after this, which for me is a bit sad but at the same time this seems to be the best moment to do so. No celestial plot for a long while seems best in my opinion as they drag too much attention, and once it starts is hard to stop it.

Also, right now very curious to see how breel and nega will go!
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

Immortal_Requiem wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:21 am
Also, right now very curious to see how breel and nega will go!
Right, how will they “understand” nega and Breel with a memory wipe? And isn’t Nega a bit demonic still? Gotta think there’s a strip explaining that coming…
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Interesting that, after GK being "in charge" of Pete and SDragon and running their lives all through this world, he's suddenly afraid they're gonna beat the sweet'ever'lovin' out of him.

If he forgets he was ever an immortal, how's he ever gonna remember how to get back to Celestial status? (Hmmm, what's this key for?) Maybe "restoration" is in Cerberus's ballpark. Worked for Zeus and Apollo, right?

... and it never hurts to keep an extra tail handy.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Kits better be careful around Kix now and not tick her off either on purpose or by accident. The alt text is right. If he gets hit by a medieval flail it will probably maim him. :shock:
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

So, it's really him, he chose to experience a mortal life with his family, what a nice surprise... :) That's wise of you, Kits. ;) Kits and Kix: adorable couple. :D Still, it's not clear if Craig and Draig are again those other two... :roll: Anyway, forget the memories of when he was a demigod looks like it's good for a peaceful mortal life on Earth, indeed, and can be good for when he will be back in Heaven as Great Kitsune. That's an hard question, Kix, but I think you should deserve it. ;) Oh yeah, it's already over, Kits... :P Eheh, curious you kept a tail more. :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Pretty good sum up, Cesc.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Going back to my previous post in this topic, if Kix gets mad at Kits she will have to use an alternate method of letting it out since she can't really inflict major damage on him anymore. As I said before, doing so would...not be pretty. :o
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:59 pm Going back to my previous post in this topic, if Kix gets mad at Kits she will have to use an alternate method of letting it out since she can't really inflict major damage on him anymore. As I said before, doing so would...not be pretty. :o
Well, yeah. I mean, it was written/drawn that way for comic effect. It wouldn’t be funny if it was done now. Kix is a responsible sweet Mom who loves her family.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Might have been drawn for comedic effect but at times I was worried that Kix didn't know any better and was going overboard. I hope she knows she can't do that now... :?
vulpinator

Post by vulpinator »

Alright, I take it back, I’m satisfied with how Great Kitsune‘s arc went now. <3
Also, I feel good that I kinda called the idea of Kix becoming a demigod. :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well to be fair we don't know if that is gonna 100% happen because Kits never confirmed it one way or the other. He could have just ran because he doesn't want to upset her by saying she wouldn't or because she CAN'T know the future.
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

Heck, she raised two demigods and is now mated to one. She should at least get some kind of superpower in return.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Maybe her superpower is culinary ...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Her superpower is making anything that sounds appetizing actually very good. She could mix up mud, dead worms and a moth into a cake and people would still come back for more. XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:54 am Her superpower is making anything that sounds appetizing actually very good. She could mix up mud, dead worms and a moth into a cake and people would still come back for more. XD
mmmm ... maybe for the beetle cookies instead. :roll:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hey I was just saying that maybe she is that good a cook with any type of ingredients and that would be her power. Though she wouldn't have it just yet since she is still a mortal but it could be something to look forward to. People NOT refusing to eat her disgusting food. :P
Shryke

Post by Shryke »

One thing I do like upon re-reading this page is how in love Kix & Kits are. :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:37 pm Hey I was just saying that maybe she is that good a cook with any type of ingredients and that would be her power. Though she wouldn't have it just yet since she is still a mortal but it could be something to look forward to. People NOT refusing to eat her disgusting food. :P
Well, THAT would be a true super-power!!. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Which is what I am sure she would utilize if somehow after she dies and goes to Heaven she DOES become a demi-god. I'm sure Bahamut would really like her delicacies. :P
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, we do know Bahamut likes brown butter cookies. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Ah but will he like them if Kix decides to substitute them with fresh, wild acorn butter instead? That is something that I wanna know. If he doesn't, I don't think he will tell Kix that he doesn't like them though because he must know she is handy with medieval weapons. :lol:
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

I think Bahamut can say whatever he likes, he is the top dog of Earth and Heaven after all.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah but would even HE want to deal with a mad as heck very violent Kix if she DOES become a demi-god in the next life? :shock:
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

"She said the B word!" -Cindy Brady, "A Very Brady Sequel"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:38 pm Yeah but would even HE want to deal with a mad as heck very violent Kix if she DOES become a demi-god in the next life? :shock:
Well, HE did talk King off the ledge and, in that rabbinical whale form, is pretty much invulnerable by sheer mass.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Doesn't mean she still can't go after him and knock him around. It would be for rule of funny though.

Remember, realism sort of went down the tubes when our "heroes" decided the best solution was to strip people of their humanity against their will just to help a ferret who besides founding the ECP which he gave to his sister is pretty selfish.
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

Kix aside, when Bahamut scared the daylights out of King, and the conversation they had afterwards, I’d say is one of the most powerful moments of the comic. I wonder if there will be another one like that.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would hope that Rick could manage another moment like that. That was such a great scene honestly and I thought it was so beautiful.
KathYohneke

Post by KathYohneke »

aww. im gonna miss kitsunes godly shenanigans!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

We can all be glad that he is still a character moving forward though. Who knows? Even though he lost his powers he might not have lost his mischievous side. ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:04 pm I would hope that Rick could manage another moment like that. That was such a great scene honestly and I thought it was so beautiful.
Like Mischa noted, part of Rick's appeal is his uncanny ability to shift moods from comic or perilous to emotionally touching. He's done this several times with Max (remember his conversations with Spirit Dragon early on?). He's also shown his more poignant side with Fox and Keene as well (although Keene's darker side sometimes eclipses our compassion for the little weasel and a couple of the Fox tales have been more bathetic than touching). Just another reason we enjoy Housepets!, I figure.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think we have to worry about losing that just because he dropped the Celestials from the comic. We might get few and far in-between because the comics will be shorter but we will still get them.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Oh, true ... Rick won't be able to resist a heart-tug or two.