Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

User avatar
Krytus The Dreamer
Posts: 369
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:09 am
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

"You think so? Hopefully not too tough. Don't wanna scare small children, or get thrown in a pound considering the reputation some dog breeds get. Oh and I think you look great too, Sana." Kaleb felt his tail wag with excitement since they were almost ready to leave

Kaleb didn't know why but the moment the leash clicked on, he felt the urge to just run out the door and drag Hawk with him. That desire however was put to a screeching halt when Big Dog mentioned the Sewer.

"The sewer?" Kaleb echoed Hawk, "That's gonna be murder on my nose. Please tell me it's for a short walk."
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 14190
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah," Sana said, petting Kaleb's head absently, "I'm sure one side of the sewer's better than the other. Of course," she added with a wry grin, "you know that makes it a Sewer side mission, don't you?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 3181
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:51 pm "You think so? Hopefully not too tough. Don't wanna scare small children, or get thrown in a pound considering the reputation some dog breeds get. Oh and I think you look great too, Sana." Kaleb felt his tail wag with excitement since they were almost ready to leave

Kaleb didn't know why but the moment the leash clicked on, he felt the urge to just run out the door and drag Hawk with him. That desire however was put to a screeching halt when Big Dog mentioned the Sewer.

"The sewer?" Kaleb echoed Hawk, "That's gonna be murder on my nose. Please tell me it's for a short walk."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:04 pm "Ah," Sana said, petting Kaleb's head absently, "I'm sure one side of the sewer's better than the other. Of course," she added with a wry grin, "you know that makes it a Sewer side mission, don't you?"
"The Sewer system runs the entirety of New Rome, meaning it's a long walk to beyond the walls, and the the safest path to said sewer is also a bit of a long walk so...sorry. It's the best I could do." Big Dog shrugged, giving Kaleb a reassuring ear scratch as Hawk looked over the map a bit. "Thankfully, you'll be going through a marketplace, so you should be safe."

"Hopefully." Hawk smirked, his eyes still locked on the path. "Still, that aside, as long as we don't let on we're Champions and watch for anything out of the ordinary, it should be a brisk walk to the Sewer entrance." He looked up at Sana and Kaleb. "Well, I think that's everything we need...how about you two?"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
furrygamer793
Posts: 589
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:19 am
Location: A little further back

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by furrygamer793 »

Young Silas Agidan had been desperately attending to his pinned companion- trapped under a broken shelf in this trashed storage room- when he heard rattling and voices at the door. For a second, he freezes into silence, but something makes him shout warily, “Who goes there? Are you come to finish us off? I couldn’t let you in if I wanted to.” The truth of his final statement lay in another shelf, crashed cleanly aside the door, wooden, though he wouldn’t dare burn it now.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 14190
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It's fine,p-" Jenny called. "You're safe with us. We've no wish to hurt you!" She wasn't totally sure she'd believe her either.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
furrygamer793
Posts: 589
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:19 am
Location: A little further back

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by furrygamer793 »

Luckily, Silas recognizes that he hasn’t a choice but to take her word. “All the shelving’s come crashing down. The door’s blocked on this side… I could char it down, but, my friend is pinned under one of these… it’ll spread too fast. Can you think of anything to unblock it?”
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
User avatar
Krytus The Dreamer
Posts: 369
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:09 am
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:04 pm "Ah," Sana said, petting Kaleb's head absently, "I'm sure one side of the sewer's better than the other. Of course," she added with a wry grin, "you know that makes it a Sewer side mission, don't you?"
“I’m not very good with jokes but I think I get it.” Kaleb instinctively tilted his head “I just hope we don’t have to stay long.”
SeanWolf wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:27 pm "Hopefully." Hawk smirked, his eyes still locked on the path. "Still, that aside, as long as we don't let on we're Champions and watch for anything out of the ordinary, it should be a brisk walk to the Sewer entrance." He looked up at Sana and Kaleb. "Well, I think that's everything we need...how about you two?"
“I’m good to go,” Kaleb’s tail wagged excitedly “oh I should probably get into character.”

Kaleb cleared his throat and barked out like a normal dog excitedly.
User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4097
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt seemed to still be on autopilot a bit, since he took a second to respond to Eira's question. "What? Oh, um, once or twice. Most locks are really small, so it's difficult for me to make a force field that fits inside them." He said, walking over to the door and taking a look at the lock. "I can certainly give it a shot, though it'll take a minute, and I'll need to really concentrate on it."
--
"Makes sense." Liz commented as she grabbed the cable and started to climb. "I've only been on one mission so far and I already have more money than I really know what to do with."
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 4017
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:02 pm Corp put out a hand. "Don't chase him... or her," he advised. "Good chance it's bait." Carefully, slowly, he headed towards where the creature had gone.
As Corp turned down the road where the alien had run, he would hear the roaring of an engine behind him. An armored car barreled down the street after the fleeing creature. Someone in advanced full-body armor manned a kind of crossbow turret mounted on the roof. As the truck blasted past Corp and the others, the man on the turret took aim and fired. Weighted cables whipped through the air and wrapped around the lizard person's legs, bringing him down to the ground.

"N-no! No... please... don't take me..." the reptilian pleaded as the truck pulled up next to him.

---------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:02 pm "Think he's almost forgiven me," Hannabelle muttered, following Gear to the tower. She waited whilst he brought the ladder down. "Vixens and... whatever he is first," she asked, indicating Lewis before taking hold of the ladder and belying her age with how she climbed.
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:32 pm "Makes sense." Liz commented as she grabbed the cable and started to climb. "I've only been on one mission so far and I already have more money than I really know what to do with."
"Aye, you helped save an entire planet from an invasion of predatory slavers." Gear said, looking out over the slums from their vantage point. "Least Hive can do is make sure you're well rewarded for it."

Gear keeps his eyes open for anything suspicious when he notices something. An armored van with an armed escort was stopped in front of a broken down building. The door was open, and Gear could see racks of large eggs secured within. Two armed guards were carrying eggs out from a boarded up house while a small reptilian woman pleaded, screaming something at them and trying to push past the guards.

One of the guards responded by hitting her with some kind of stun baton and shoving her back into the house. Another guard slammed the door shut, and started nailing it closed. Once the eggs were inside, the first two guards returned, pouring some liquid around the base of the house.

"Yeah, that ain't right. Double time, Liz. Lewis. Hannabelle and I will cover you from here."

---------------------------------------
furrygamer793 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:28 am Young Silas Agidan had been desperately attending to his pinned companion- trapped under a broken shelf in this trashed storage room- when he heard rattling and voices at the door. For a second, he freezes into silence, but something makes him shout warily, “Who goes there? Are you come to finish us off? I couldn’t let you in if I wanted to.” The truth of his final statement lay in another shelf, crashed cleanly aside the door, wooden, though he wouldn’t dare burn it now.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:25 pm "It's fine,p-" Jenny called. "You're safe with us. We've no wish to hurt you!" She wasn't totally sure she'd believe her either.
furrygamer793 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:54 pm Luckily, Silas recognizes that he hasn’t a choice but to take her word. “All the shelving’s come crashing down. The door’s blocked on this side… I could char it down, but, my friend is pinned under one of these… it’ll spread too fast. Can you think of anything to unblock it?”
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:32 pm Kolt seemed to still be on autopilot a bit, since he took a second to respond to Eira's question. "What? Oh, um, once or twice. Most locks are really small, so it's difficult for me to make a force field that fits inside them." He said, walking over to the door and taking a look at the lock. "I can certainly give it a shot, though it'll take a minute, and I'll need to really concentrate on it."
"Actually, hold on Kolt. I've got another idea." Eira said before calling out to Silas and whoever was still inside of the back room. "Stand back from the door! We're coming in!"

Eira turned to the others. "Alright, I've got a plan. The shelves blocking the other side of the door are wooden, so I can manipulate the water in them to move them out of the way. Once that's done, Kolt, you can try to telekinetically break the door down, or unlock it if you can. Maybe you can try turning the lock remotely using telekinesis? Then Tobias, Jenny, you tend to the people inside."

Eira held out her hand, and the wood on the other side of the door started to shift and move. The shelves seemed almost to push themselves out of the way, carrying all of the spilled products and metal supports with them until the door wasn't blocked anymore.

"Alright. Debris is moved."

---------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:02 pm Cherry sniffed. "I'll take the, uh, one tomorrow." She did her best grin. "Don't want to sneeze myself off a liana, do I?"
"Very well. I'll set up an appointment." Hivemind nodded. "Is there anything else you would like? Maybe I can find some work for you to do regarding the current deployment?"

---------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:02 pm Jaken trotted in with Miss Rika, hands still behind his back. He gave a slightly theatrical bow to the guard as they passed through, smirking slightly as he bent at the waist.
The three continue on through the space port until they reach the entrance. Standing in the crowd was a rather stiff-looking man in a suit holding up a sign that read "Hivemind".

"Sir Hivemind? Over this way please!" the man said. Hivemind stepped over to him. "And who are your guests?" he asked.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 14190
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Jaken," the boy said, offering a hand. "Celican and Miss Rika's assistant." Sir Hivemind, he thought, wondering when Hive had been knighted.
-------------------------------------
"And now I'm interested," Corp said, watching the situation. "Look for positions but act natural," he advised. "The car's watching us. Let's see how many get out to grab him," he added quietly. "Recon, be ready to go get that creature..." He readied his weapons as Sarah and the boys joined them. Sarah noted Corps' stance and rolled her eyes.
-------------------------------------
"|Mmmm," Hannabelle mused, her eyes narrowing. "It's going to be difficult going easy on these. I've got no time for 'My species is better than yours so you have to die'." She got into position and started setting up.
------------------------------------
Jenny got ready to act as soon as Kolt got the door open. She wasn't exactly a Doctor but she knew some basic first aid and there were some articles here. Did it count as shoplifting if it was for immediate use? It was a crime so minor it never reached federal level.
-------------------------------------
"Thanks, bossmind," Cherry sniffed, grinning wryly. "Work sounds good."
------------------------------------
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
furrygamer793
Posts: 589
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:19 am
Location: A little further back

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by furrygamer793 »

Silas jumps back a little at the sudden migration of the shelf, but tries to compose himself as he checks on his companion, whispering, “We’ve got help, it’s going to work out now.”.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14512
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:57 am "And now I'm interested," Corp said, watching the situation. "Look for positions but act natural," he advised. "The car's watching us. Let's see how many get out to grab him," he added quietly. "Recon, be ready to go get that creature..." He readied his weapons as Sarah and the boys joined them. Sarah noted Corps' stance and rolled her eyes.
"Ah've seen enough movies tae ken tha' "actin natural" immediately draws attention." Cailean comments to Sarah under his breath, doing air quotes.

"What did Corp say?" Conall signs to Sarah, fingerspelling the name as he hasn't given the mouse a name-sign yet.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 3181
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:52 am “I’m good to go,” Kaleb’s tail wagged excitedly “oh I should probably get into character.”

Kaleb cleared his throat and barked out like a normal dog excitedly.
Hawk laughed, giving Kaleb a pet. "How about you, Sana? Ready to go?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:28 pm Eira turned to the others. "Alright, I've got a plan. The shelves blocking the other side of the door are wooden, so I can manipulate the water in them to move them out of the way. Once that's done, Kolt, you can try to telekinetically break the door down, or unlock it if you can. Maybe you can try turning the lock remotely using telekinesis? Then Tobias, Jenny, you tend to the people inside."

Eira held out her hand, and the wood on the other side of the door started to shift and move. The shelves seemed almost to push themselves out of the way, carrying all of the spilled products and metal supports with them until the door wasn't blocked anymore.

"Alright. Debris is moved."
Guitar in hand, Tobias began playing 'The Soft Winds Over The Green Fields', which would bring a sense of calm to the wounded and an assurance that they were being saved.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 14190
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I made a pun," Sana explained. "I only ever do those when I'm ready to leave a place. I think.
C'mon, hubby,
" she added, taking the lead.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
TheRook259
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:40 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, England, UK

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by TheRook259 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Of course," Jaken announced, taking courage in Rika's confidence. He was nothing if a bit paranoid after so long hopping starships on the run, so to speak. So he chose to tell her that. Truth was good, after all. "Sorry," he explained, "been pursued for a bit means I'm, uh, trying to look around corners before I... um... come to them," he finished, having lost himself in the line.
"I understand. You've been through a lot of stress for such a young boy.. We could talk more about it some other time, if you wish.. We have a job to do at the moment." Rika replied as they headed back toward the checkpoint.
CyberDragon wrote: Hivemind was still being hassled by the guard with the metal detector when the two get back while another guard checked something on the computer. Eventually, the guard on the computer called the first guard over. After the two discussed something, exchanging looks of confusion with each other in the process, they waved Hivemind through the checkpoint.

"Looks like you've, uh, been pre-approved. Sorry for the delay, sir."

The droid shook his head exasperatedly, then moved through and waited for Jaken and Rika.
Rika calmly passed through the detector, then waited for Hivemind's lead.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Jaken trotted in with Miss Rika, hands still behind his back. He gave a slightly theatrical bow to the guard as they passed through, smirking slightly as he bent at the waist.
CyberDragon wrote: The three continue on through the space port until they reach the entrance. Standing in the crowd was a rather stiff-looking man in a suit holding up a sign that read "Hivemind".

"Sir Hivemind? Over this way please!" the man said. Hivemind stepped over to him. "And who are your guests?" he asked.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:57 am "Jaken," the boy said, offering a hand. "Celican and Miss Rika's assistant." Sir Hivemind, he thought, wondering when Hive had been knighted.
"Correct, Jaken, very good. *Ahem* I am Dr. Rika Montoni, here on request of Sir Hivemind as Medical Advisor." Rika replies, lightly tapping Jaken's outstreched arm as she mentions him. She also draws out the 'sir' a tiny bit as she speaks it, barely noticeable to those without computer-assisted hearing systems..
I have returned! ..But I lost my squiggles.

Characters Reference
User avatar
Krytus The Dreamer
Posts: 369
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:09 am
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:50 am "I made a pun," Sana explained. "I only ever do those when I'm ready to leave a place. I think.
C'mon, hubby,
" she added, taking the lead.
Excitedly Kaleb followed suit, forgetting about his newly acquired leash. When it went taught and kept Kaleb Tethered to Hawk the dog could only cough, "S-Sorry not used to being on a leash." his ears folded, "Uh... I mean—" Kaleb looked to Hawk and barked excitedly before pointing his body at the door making a few whines.
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 14190
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sana crouched - a bit - to look Kaleb in the eye. "Don't lose yourself in there, ey," she said, ruffling his headfur.
-----------------------------------------
Sarah translated for Corp, signing he said 'be careful, possible combat imminent' to the boys, summarising.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4097
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt stuck his hand out towards the door, a purple glow enveloping the lock. He slowly grew the forcefield to inside the lock, trying to pick it from the inside. However, after about a minute of zero progress, he sighed and dispersed the glow. "Yeah, that's not working. I'M BREAKING DOWN THE DOOR IN TEN SECONDS, MAKE SURE YOU'RE OUT OF THE WAY!" He called out to the person inside. After 10 seconds had passed, he coated himself in purple and rammed into the door, breaking it into pieces and opening the path.
--
Liz and Lewis were moving before Gear had even finished speaking, both jumping off the tower. Liz turned into her Varanian form before hitting the ground, immediately racing off towards the house. Meanwhile, Lewis stuck his boots together and applied all three of his lines at max force between them and the arm of the guy dosing the house, preforming a flying dropkick into him with enough force to likely break the arm even through the armor.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 14190
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Something's off about this," Corp said quietly, tightening his eyes. "We're brought here by a signal and, a moment after we land, this happens... And something else," he added, hearing something rather large going on behind him. "Either this is commonplace, we've arrived in the worst day this place has seen for a while or they know we're here and want us to expose ourselves. Be on guard..."
----------------------------------
Sarah translated for the boys.
----------------------------------
Jenny nipped through the broken door and brought herself up close to the Marten she found in there. "Heya," she said brightly, "I'm Jenny. You?" without really waiting for a response, she crouched next to the trapped individual. and checked on the situation. "Wanna tell me about this one," she added optimistically.
---------------------------------
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 3181
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:23 pm Excitedly Kaleb followed suit, forgetting about his newly acquired leash. When it went taught and kept Kaleb Tethered to Hawk the dog could only cough, "S-Sorry not used to being on a leash." his ears folded, "Uh... I mean—" Kaleb looked to Hawk and barked excitedly before pointing his body at the door making a few whines.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:52 pm Sana crouched - a bit - to look Kaleb in the eye. "Don't lose yourself in there, ey," she said, ruffling his headfur.
Hawk, chuckling at Kaleb's dog-antics, thanked Big Dog for his help, with Big Dog telling him he owed him two now, causing Hawk to laugh and tell him the first one doesn't count as, technically, Hawk saved him from that bar fight. Big Dog gave a hearty laugh and headed back to his office, while Hawk looked over at his 'wife' Sana.

"Shall we, my dear?" Hawk said, attempting to sound like a husband as he, Sana, and their 'pet' Kaleb exited the ship and out of the junkyard. "Remember." He whispered to the two as they walked the streets outside the yard. "Just follow my lead and act like we're a married couple with a cute puppy. If all goes well, we should have no problems." As they rounded the corner and onto the street leading to the market, Hawk would say, in an accent. "So, 'ow was your tea time with the Sandersons, my dear?" Hawk mentally cringed at his accent, but at least it should keep their identities secret for now.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 14190
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"They actull' 'ad Cucumber or summat near t' it," Sana replied, basing her accent on a bad impersonation of a local celebrity she'd seen in a couple of films. It would have helped if they'd been female.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 4017
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:57 am "Jaken," the boy said, offering a hand. "Celican and Miss Rika's assistant." Sir Hivemind, he thought, wondering when Hive had been knighted.
TheRook259 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:50 pm "Correct, Jaken, very good. *Ahem* I am Dr. Rika Montoni, here on request of Sir Hivemind as Medical Advisor." Rika replies, lightly tapping Jaken's outstreched arm as she mentions him. She also draws out the 'sir' a tiny bit as she speaks it, barely noticeable to those without computer-assisted hearing systems..
"I am here on official business. I am scheduled to meet with President Gulliver." Hivemind stated, giving a sideways glance at Rika over the 'sir'.

"Of course, sir. I have been instructed to escort you to the presidential palace, where you will be provided with the finest accommodations as you await your meeting." the chaperone explained. "My deepest apologies for the delay, I assure you it will not happen again."

"No need to apologize. I'm used to it." Hivemind said, waving a hand. "So, shall we move on?"

"Yes sir. If you would follow me to the limo..." the chaperone turned and led the way through the terminal for private flights. As they moved through the space port, large security guards flanked their group on either side. They were intimidating and severe, and others in the airport would immediately move out of the way on sight of them.

---------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:57 am "And now I'm interested," Corp said, watching the situation. "Look for positions but act natural," he advised. "The car's watching us. Let's see how many get out to grab him," he added quietly. "Recon, be ready to go get that creature..." He readied his weapons as Sarah and the boys joined them. Sarah noted Corps' stance and rolled her eyes.
Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:05 am "Ah've seen enough movies tae ken tha' "actin natural" immediately draws attention." Cailean comments to Sarah under his breath, doing air quotes.

"What did Corp say?" Conall signs to Sarah, fingerspelling the name as he hasn't given the mouse a name-sign yet.
Only two people got out of the armored vehicle. The first was the armored vulture-like alien who had been manning the crossbow. The second, climbing out of the vehicle's passenger-side door, more resembled a hyena or gnoll. They both approached the downed reptilian with zip-ties and a muzzle.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:52 pm Sarah translated for Corp, signing he said 'be careful, possible combat imminent' to the boys, summarising.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:02 am "Something's off about this," Corp said quietly, tightening his eyes. "We're brought here by a signal and, a moment after we land, this happens... And something else," he added, hearing something rather large going on behind him. "Either this is commonplace, we've arrived in the worst day this place has seen for a while or they know we're here and want us to expose ourselves. Be on guard..."
"Have you had a look around, dude? Sky's poisoned, half the buildings look burned or blown up, and the other half are shuttered. Everyone who saw us bolted inside and locked the door behind them. I'm thinking this kind of kidnapping is commonplace. Thugs on the hunt for anyone who pokes their head out." Recon deduced as the kidnappers got closer to their victim. The reptilian shouted for help from anyone who might listen.

"Rule 2: If someone is in danger, we're obligated to do what we can to help." Recon reminded. She then raised her voice and called out to the kidnappers just as they were starting to kneel over their prey. "HEY! ROT FOR BRAINS!" she shouted.

Startled, the two hunters bolted upright and started to turn towards the group. As they did so, there was a rush of wind. To anyone not looking directly at her, it would seem Recon was standing completely still, but Corp and the others would notice she had vanished for only a matter of milliseconds. The reptilian had vanished, carried away by the speedster to some unknown location in the blink of an eye.

"Who the **** are you?!" the hyena demanded, his hand on his weapon's holster.

"There aren't supposed to be any other hunters in this part of town. What group are you from?" the vulture hissed.

Neither seemed to have noticed their target had vanished yet. They were both looking away when it happened.

---------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:57 am "|Mmmm," Hannabelle mused, her eyes narrowing. "It's going to be difficult going easy on these. I've got no time for 'My species is better than yours so you have to die'." She got into position and started setting up.
"I recognize that lady's species. And them eggs." Gear said, keeping an eye on things using his scope. "Corytophian. They're a species from one of the continents on Varan, same homeworld as the Varanians. Varanians have been preying on 'em and enslaving 'em since the two species first met, and the Corytophians have been tryin' to find a spot for themselves since."

Gear focused his sights on the interior of the armored transport, looking at the eggs inside. "Corytophian eggs are highly prized. Unfertilized, they're a couple hundred Intergalactic Standard Credits a pound. Fertile eggs are generally three times the size and ten times the price on the black market." he continued to explain to Hannabelle.

"Some circles consider 'em a delicacy, and them shells have precious minerals in them. And by 'some circles' I mean the kind of circles with a ton of money, no morals, and black market connections."
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:10 pm Liz and Lewis were moving before Gear had even finished speaking, both jumping off the tower. Liz turned into her Varanian form before hitting the ground, immediately racing off towards the house. Meanwhile, Lewis stuck his boots together and applied all three of his lines at max force between them and the arm of the guy dosing the house, preforming a flying dropkick into him with enough force to likely break the arm even through the armor.
The group of mercenaries looked over at the varanian charging at them less with a look of concern, and more a look of confusion at first. They didn't seem to fully realize they were under attack until a loud CRACK indicated Lewis's attack had landed and snapped the merc's arm, sending the can of accelerant flying out of his hand. The mercenary, a human in rather expensive-looking combat armor, shouted out in pain and shock as his arm hung limply at an odd angle.

The vehicle's driver called out to the others, "Let's get out of here! We've got the eggs, let's move!"

With that call, the mercs disengaged from their new attackers and ran for the truck.

Gear pulled his rifle back, then pointed his arm out towards the truck. "I'm going to stick a tracking device to the truck. Don't shoot it. We can't risk hitting those eggs with a ricochet." he instructed. "Try to keep them from reaching the vehicle. We capture any, we can interrogate them."

---------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:57 am Jenny got ready to act as soon as Kolt got the door open. She wasn't exactly a Doctor but she knew some basic first aid and there were some articles here. Did it count as shoplifting if it was for immediate use? It was a crime so minor it never reached federal level.
furrygamer793 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:52 pm Silas jumps back a little at the sudden migration of the shelf, but tries to compose himself as he checks on his companion, whispering, “We’ve got help, it’s going to work out now.”.
SeanWolf wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:01 am Guitar in hand, Tobias began playing 'The Soft Winds Over The Green Fields', which would bring a sense of calm to the wounded and an assurance that they were being saved.
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:10 pm Kolt stuck his hand out towards the door, a purple glow enveloping the lock. He slowly grew the forcefield to inside the lock, trying to pick it from the inside. However, after about a minute of zero progress, he sighed and dispersed the glow. "Yeah, that's not working. I'M BREAKING DOWN THE DOOR IN TEN SECONDS, MAKE SURE YOU'RE OUT OF THE WAY!" He called out to the person inside. After 10 seconds had passed, he coated himself in purple and rammed into the door, breaking it into pieces and opening the path.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:02 am Jenny nipped through the broken door and brought herself up close to the Marten she found in there. "Heya," she said brightly, "I'm Jenny. You?" without really waiting for a response, she crouched next to the trapped individual. and checked on the situation. "Wanna tell me about this one," she added optimistically.
Eira was the next person to enter the room. The first thing Silas and his friend would notice was that she was a snow-white she-wolf with a large, muscular build and jet black hair. The next thing he would likely notice was that she seemed simply too tall to be allowed. She had to duck to get through the door. The third thing he would notice is her right arm from the elbow down was completely made of ice.

"Alright... Best move aside, let me see the injured. I've got medical training."

---------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:57 am "Thanks, bossmind," Cherry sniffed, grinning wryly. "Work sounds good."
"Alright... Do you think you can help figure out who sent that distress signal? If so, do you think you could contact them?" Hivemind asked.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Krytus The Dreamer
Posts: 369
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:09 am
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:52 pm Sana crouched - a bit - to look Kaleb in the eye. "Don't lose yourself in there, ey," she said, ruffling his headfur.
"I-I won't," Kaleb puffed out his chest but the unease in his voice was clear to anyone who listened closely, "I-I promise."
SeanWolf wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:23 am Hawk, chuckling at Kaleb's dog-antics, thanked Big Dog for his help, with Big Dog telling him he owed him two now, causing Hawk to laugh and tell him the first one doesn't count as, technically, Hawk saved him from that bar fight. Big Dog gave a hearty laugh and headed back to his office, while Hawk looked over at his 'wife' Sana.

Shall we, my dear?" Hawk said, attempting to sound like a husband as he, Sana, and their 'pet' Kaleb exited the ship and out of the junkyard. "Remember." He whispered to the two as they walked the streets outside the yard. "Just follow my lead and act like we're a married couple with a cute puppy. If all goes well, we should have no problems." As they rounded the corner and onto the street leading to the market, Hawk would say, in an accent. "So, 'ow was your tea time with the Sandersons, my dear?" Hawk mentally cringed at his accent, but at least it should keep their identities secret for now.
Kaleb cringed, but did his best to hide any expression of it on his face. It portrayed too much sentience for a "pet". Instead, Kaleb did as all dogs would, sniff the ground with feigned curiosity and wagging his tail at complete strangers while panting to help himself cool off. In all honesty, it wasn't that hard pretending to be a pet. All Kaleb had to do was loosen his grip and let his instincts do the rest. However, when Hawk and Sana pulled Kaleb closer to a group of strangers, something inside Kaleb stirred, and because of his lax control at the moment, his body acted before he knew what was happening. He took a deep breath and sang the song of his people.

"Awoooo," Kaleb greeted to the strangers with a waging tail and a tongue lolled out happily,

It took every ounce of control Kaleb had to stop himself from reaching up and snapping his jaw shut like a sentient being would. Again Kaleb played the part of a happy dog who knows not what he had done and could only scream in embarrassment in his mind.
User avatar
furrygamer793
Posts: 589
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:19 am
Location: A little further back

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by furrygamer793 »

Silas moves off to the side as the help enters. “You can come to remember me as Silas,” informs the young marten, “I came here to meet with that fellow, but we had been compromised- I don’t know if it were insecure communications or if we were followed, but somebody wanted us gone so they jumped us. I tried to burn one- well it’s not too crazy that I can just kinda make fire, no? That aside, I suppose some fuels had been dumped around, else the blaze that followed wouldn’t have been much that big at all. Next thing we knew and we’d been pushed off to this room.” His eyes glaze between his rescuers, “I get a feeling you aren’t from much anywhere near here, is that correct?”
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 14190
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Who the **** are we," Corp replied, growling for full intimidation as he strode towards the pair, keeping their attention on him. "I am training major Krayal, of Micanna. I've been brought in by order of someone you don't want to know about. My objectives, along with those of my team, is to see where you lot need training. And you two BADLY need training." He let his hostility drop for a moment. "Good shot with the crossbow, by the way." The hostility returned. "But you allowed him to drag you out into the open! You've made no attempt to secure the area before you got out, even though this is noted as a rebel area! They could be anywhere in this wasteland!" He shouted now. "You didn't even notice US just walking across the zone! Target fixation in a battlefield will get you killed! And, just to rub it in, you even failed to secure your prisoner!" He turned slightly, towards his group. "This pair, hmm? They'll probably claim their truck's broken down on Recon next." He turned back to the pair. "This is your lucky day, people! We're merely gaining knowledge here. Get back on patrol. Find your prisoner. And I'll do you the favour of forgetting this even happened. Dis-missed!" He stepped backwards to the others, tensing ready to release his knives.
-------------------------------------------------
Sarah decided not to bother translating. She was pretty sure Cailean got what he was saying from the flying spittle. She nudged Recon after Corp mentioned her name to ensure she spotted the cue.
-------------------------------------------------
"Legshots it is," Hannabelle replied, taking a couple of shots calmly and precisely. "Cause the threatened local's not gonna be too happy to see the good Captain." She readjusted. "Wonder if I can get one in the seat?"
-----------------------------------------------
"Well," Jenny replied, making way for Eira, "shall we just leave it as 'not friendly with the government right now' for now, hmm? We can talk total truths afterward." She handed him a can of soda she'd found in the shop. "Dunno if it's cold," she added with a sly grin.
-----------------------------------------------
"I can certainly try," Cherry said, wondering when the next bout would start. "Maybe if I know the frequency and have heard the voice..?"
----------------------------------------------
Jaken wandered through, hands behind his back and trying to look as unintimidated as he could. He nodded to one of the guards with a grin and cooed over the vehicle as they arrived. "Flashy," he grinned. "Can I call sidecar? Um... Shotgoon?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri May 19, 2023 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
TheRook259
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:40 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, England, UK

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by TheRook259 »

CyberDragon wrote:"I am here on official business. I am scheduled to meet with President Gulliver." Hivemind stated, giving a sideways glance at Rika over the 'sir'.

"Of course, sir. I have been instructed to escort you to the presidential palace, where you will be provided with the finest accommodations as you await your meeting." the chaperone explained. "My deepest apologies for the delay, I assure you it will not happen again."

"No need to apologize. I'm used to it." Hivemind said, waving a hand. "So, shall we move on?"

"Yes sir. If you would follow me to the limo..." the chaperone turned and led the way through the terminal for private flights. As they moved through the space port, large security guards flanked their group on either side. They were intimidating and severe, and others in the airport would immediately move out of the way on sight of them.
Rika kept a perfectly calm demeanour yet wary eyes around herself as they walked, noting the variety of species in the people around the port.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken wandered through, hands behind his back and trying to look as unintimidated as he could. He nodded to one of the guards with a grin and cooed over the vehicle as they arrived. "Flashy," he grinned. "Can I call sidecar? Um... Shotgoon?"
"Not with this vehicle, Jaken. The seats in the back are much better, believe me.." She told him calmly. She stopped just before the door, waiting for it to be opened for her.
I have returned! ..But I lost my squiggles.

Characters Reference
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 3181
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:27 pm Kaleb cringed, but did his best to hide any expression of it on his face. It portrayed too much sentience for a "pet". Instead, Kaleb did as all dogs would, sniff the ground with feigned curiosity and wagging his tail at complete strangers while panting to help himself cool off. In all honesty, it wasn't that hard pretending to be a pet. All Kaleb had to do was loosen his grip and let his instincts do the rest. However, when Hawk and Sana pulled Kaleb closer to a group of strangers, something inside Kaleb stirred, and because of his lax control at the moment, his body acted before he knew what was happening. He took a deep breath and sang the song of his people.

"Awoooo," Kaleb greeted to the strangers with a waging tail and a tongue lolled out happily,

It took every ounce of control Kaleb had to stop himself from reaching up and snapping his jaw shut like a sentient being would. Again Kaleb played the part of a happy dog who knows not what he had done and could only scream in embarrassment in his mind.
'Oh, frag,' Hawk thought as Kaleb sang the song of his people to a group of strangers, attempting to calm him down. "My sincere apologies!" Hawk said in his accent. "Muh little Loki here just loves to interact with ev'ryone he sees!" The strangers calmly nodded and went on their way as Hawk leaned down and whispered to Kaleb, "Calm thy puppyness by two levels, please." There was a hint of worry in Hawk's voice as he spoke as he was a bit concerned if that attracted any unwanted attention to them.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Krytus The Dreamer
Posts: 369
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:09 am
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

SeanWolf wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:13 am Oh, frag,' Hawk thought as Kaleb sang the song of his people to a group of strangers, attempting to calm him down. "My sincere apologies!" Hawk said in his accent. "Muh little Loki here just loves to interact with ev'ryone he sees!" The strangers calmly nodded and went on their way as Hawk leaned down and whispered to Kaleb, "Calm thy puppyness by two levels, please." There was a hint of worry in Hawk's voice as he spoke as he was a bit concerned if that attracted any unwanted attention to them.
Kaleb was stuck. He couldn't reply like normal, but he still needed to look convincing. With not much else to go off on, Kaleb decided to trust his instincts once more. Even though it was what got him into trouble in the first place, Kaleb didn't have much of a choice, except this time he'd be a little more attentive. He was supposed to be covert after all, anybody could be listening.

He tilted his head a bit while maintaining eye contact, barked once, then sat down panting, waiting for Hawk to take the lead.
User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4097
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt stepped out of Eira's way, letting her perform first aid on Silas' friend. Once she was past, he looked inside the room, seeing if he could find any clues as for how and why they had gotten stuck in here.
--
Lewis and Liz didn't verbally respond to Gears suggestion, but they did follow what he said. Once Liz reached the closest merc, she moved to grab him and slam them into the concrete, trying to knock them out. Meanwhile, Lewis tried to restrain the merc whose arm he broke, pulling cuffs out of his hammerspace pocket.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 4017
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

furrygamer793 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:54 pm Silas moves off to the side as the help enters. “You can come to remember me as Silas,” informs the young marten, “I came here to meet with that fellow, but we had been compromised- I don’t know if it were insecure communications or if we were followed, but somebody wanted us gone so they jumped us. I tried to burn one- well it’s not too crazy that I can just kinda make fire, no? That aside, I suppose some fuels had been dumped around, else the blaze that followed wouldn’t have been much that big at all. Next thing we knew and we’d been pushed off to this room.” His eyes glaze between his rescuers, “I get a feeling you aren’t from much anywhere near here, is that correct?”
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:03 am "Well," Jenny replied, making way for Eira, "shall we just leave it as 'not friendly with the government right now' for now, hmm? We can talk total truths afterward." She handed him a can of soda she'd found in the shop. "Dunno if it's cold," she added with a sly grin.
Legotron123 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:09 pm Kolt stepped out of Eira's way, letting her perform first aid on Silas' friend. Once she was past, he looked inside the room, seeing if he could find any clues as for how and why they had gotten stuck in here.
Eira reaches out to Silas's injured friend, feeling the blood flowing through him. This wasn't something she was going to be able to fix just by using her blood manipulation. Instead, she pulled out her medical kit and got to work. She applied antiseptic, anesthetic, cleaned the wounds, set the bones, and applied ointment to the person's burns. She made a splint and a makeshift cane from some of the scrap wood and metal in the storage room. She helps the injured civilian to his feet, and lets him lean on her while he got himself stabilized.

"We should get these two down to the landing site. We'll have a medical station up and running soon enough." Eira said to the others. "Tobias, does your music have any healing abilities?" she asked the Clydesdale.

--------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:03 am "Who the **** are we," Corp replied, growling for full intimidation as he strode towards the pair, keeping their attention on him. "I am training major Krayal, of Micanna. I've been brought in by order of someone you don't want to know about. My objectives, along with those of my team, is to see where you lot need training. And you two BADLY need training." He let his hostility drop for a moment. "Good shot with the crossbow, by the way." The hostility returned. "But you allowed him to drag you out into the open! You've made no attempt to secure the area before you got out, even though this is noted as a rebel area! They could be anywhere in this wasteland!" He shouted now. "You didn't even notice US just walking across the zone! Target fixation in a battlefield will get you killed! And, just to rub it in, you even failed to secure your prisoner!" He turned slightly, towards his group. "This pair, hmm? They'll probably claim their truck's broken down on Recon next." He turned back to the pair. "This is your lucky day, people! We're merely gaining knowledge here. Get back on patrol. Find your prisoner. And I'll do you the favour of forgetting this even happened. Dis-missed!" He stepped backwards to the others, tensing ready to release his knives.
-------------------------------------------------
Sarah decided not to bother translating. She was pretty sure Cailean got what he was saying from the flying spittle. She nudged Recon after Corp mentioned her name to ensure she spotted the cue.
The pair of kidnappers look at Corp in total confusion. They didn't show any signs of recognizing any of the names he had mentioned, but he sounded official. He certainly barked at them like one of their higher ups. But before they could question things too much, Corp's mention of their prisoner had them spinning to look, only to see the lizard was gone.

"WHAT?! What the ****?! It was just here a second ago!" the Hyena-like kidnapper shouted.

"Get back to the truck! He can't have gone far!" the vulture said. The two of them ran to the truck, and the hyena started it up.

The engine revved to life, and the truck started to move forward... only for a foot before the entire vehicle fell apart at the seams. All four tires rolled off on their own, the doors fell off, the suspension dropped to the ground, the driveshaft fell to pieces... in seconds, the entire truck was a heap of scrap and a steel frame. Both kidnappers started swearing in anger.

Recon quickly tossed an old wrench and a trash bag full of nuts and bolts and machine parts aside, out of sight.

The vulture jumped out of the truck's gunner seat, or what was left of it. He grabbed an energy rifle out of the truck's remains and started toward Corp. "You knew our truck was going to break down! None of your story makes sense! Now tell me who you are, or I'm going to shoot all of you with this-woosh-...Super soaker...?" the vulture-like alien looked down at the water gun in his hands, absolutely dumbfounded.

Corp could see Recon hiding the real gun behind her back with a smirk on her face.

--------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:03 am "Legshots it is," Hannabelle replied, taking a couple of shots calmly and precisely. "Cause the threatened local's not gonna be too happy to see the good Captain." She readjusted. "Wonder if I can get one in the seat?"
"Try not to punch a hole in anythin' vital, love." Gear said, launching the tracking device, rebounding it off of the pavement to stick it to the underside of the truck. "Lots of major arteries in the upper leg and tail-end. And a bullet bouncin' off of the pelvis can go into the main torso."
Legotron123 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:09 pm Lewis and Liz didn't verbally respond to Gears suggestion, but they did follow what he said. Once Liz reached the closest merc, she moved to grab him and slam them into the concrete, trying to knock them out. Meanwhile, Lewis tried to restrain the merc whose arm he broke, pulling cuffs out of his hammerspace pocket.
Slamming the merc into the ground did a bit more than knock the wind out of him. There was a faint crack as at least one of his ribs broke on impact.

"That's enough, Liz. Hit 'em again, and you'll send bone into his heart. That body of yours can throw a truck with one hand, it doesn't take much to do serious damage." Gear said over comms to Liz.

Lewis wouldn't have to use much force to cuff his merc, as the human was too distracted by the 45 degree angle his arm was currently in to resist much.

Combine that with two mercs now with bullet holes in their lower legs, only the driver was able to get into the truck. He started the vehicle and drove off as fast as he could.

"Let 'im go for now. Tracking device is active. We need to get these losers back to camp and make sure that woman is alright. Speaking of, Liz, Lewis, one of you get that door open. Liz, probably shouldn't be a Varanian when she sees you. Bit of bad blood between the species, and I don't like how those mercs reacted to ya."

--------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:03 am "I can certainly try," Cherry said, wondering when the next bout would start. "Maybe if I know the frequency and have heard the voice..?"
Hivemind nodded and lead Cherry to the comm center. He led her over to one of the consoles, gave her a headset, and let her listen to the recording of the distress call. He showed her the frequency as well.

--------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:03 am Jaken wandered through, hands behind his back and trying to look as unintimidated as he could. He nodded to one of the guards with a grin and cooed over the vehicle as they arrived. "Flashy," he grinned. "Can I call sidecar? Um... Shotgoon?"
Hivemind couldn't help but notice that none of the airport workers looked like they wanted to look them in the eye. In fact, the workers seemed to try to avoid being seen as much as possible. There was an uncomfortable air of fear around some of the 'low skill' workers in the area that he took note of for later as they continued on.

They got to the limo only a short time later.
TheRook259 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:52 pm "Not with this vehicle, Jaken. The seats in the back are much better, believe me.." She told him calmly. She stopped just before the door, waiting for it to be opened for her.
Hivemind climbed into the limo with the others, their escort shut the doors, and they were off.

The limo drove through the city's skyline on elevated roads high above the ground. Everything about the city was pure and clean and unnaturally spotless. The freeway they drove on was built to offer a perfect view of the city, and the people walking the streets below them. It was a private freeway, only usable by those who could pay the toll and which offered those who could afford it the opportunity to look down on the rest of the population.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
furrygamer793
Posts: 589
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:19 am
Location: A little further back

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by furrygamer793 »

“Where did you procure such as this?” Asks Silas as he gripped the drink handed previously. “You foreigners, you’re freedom fighters, heroes, like… him-” He pauses, thinking of a better way to say it, “No not that fellow, just ignore that last- take me with you.” He finally manages
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 14190
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp spun down low, turning back towards the pair and releasing one of his knives from the spring loaded rig. He hoped it would look like chance that it impacted the toy weapon and dug in hard enough to, potentially, knock it from the Vulture's hands before he stepped up with the other knife ready to strike, slashing with an attempt to 'cut the buttons off' the enemy's trousers and, maybe, draw a little blood.
--------------------------------
Sarah rolled her eyes and, heading for the Coyote, extended her fighting pole to bring it across the side of his head.
--------------------------------
"I am NOT shooting people in the feet or hands," Hannabelle complained, tongue in cheek. "It's so cliché." She glanced at the captives. "We gonna do 'good merc, bad merc'?"
--------------------------------
"It's from out there," Jenny explained, indicating the store. "One've the few things left. And figure we've got room for a little'un. fair enough." She tried a grin towards Silas, hoping it might be infectious.
-------------------------------
Jaken looked out over the city after he'd strapped himself in (and Miss Rika had checked) and couldn't help but be impressed by the spectacle. But it was an impressed look that didn't quite reach his eyes. A very expensive roadway. A very expensive EMPTY roadway. No-one could afford it but it was still built. It seemed... wrong.
-------------------------------
Cherry took a seat and the headphones and listened to the transmission and the frequency and the general location it had come from on the planet and sighed. This was going to be trouble. She was going to have to send without the comm system so the planet sensors didn't pick it up. She closed her eyes and thought hard. "This is Cherry Seena. Your call was heard. If you asked for help don't speak. Just think 'Yes' as hard as you can. I'll hear you."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
furrygamer793
Posts: 589
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:19 am
Location: A little further back

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by furrygamer793 »

Silas tilts his head, then realized what he had seemed to ask about. “Oh, I meant the medical supplies-
“Little’un? I-is that from my age or my height? I’m an adult by law and…
“I can’t say for anything else… all I know about my home is that my mum fled with me from it when I was but seventeen months, truth be told I’ve only been stuck here for four years, been on my own for three. I don’t know what happened to her, but I have ideas.”
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14512
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

As the fighting begins, Cailean draws and readies his energy pistol. With Corp engaging the vulture, Cailean decides that he'd rather face Insignia again than the mouse's wrath if he shoots him by mistake. Instead he takes aim at the hyena-like kidnapper and snaps off a bolt of energy big enough to stun most creatures. He hopes that his afternoon of training with Sarah will be enough that the shot will land somewhere close to the kidnapper, and soon fires off a second shot, just to be safe.

Conall remains away from the fight for now. His weight is on the balls of his feet and he stays in a ready stance, his sgian-dubh in his right paw and his dominant left paw ready to strike with a lightning-fast jujitsu move if necessary. He keeps his head moving, alert in case anything tries to sneak up on him that he won't hear coming.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 3181
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:00 pm "We should get these two down to the landing site. We'll have a medical station up and running soon enough." Eira said to the others. "Tobias, does your music have any healing abilities?" she asked the Clydesdale.
Nodding his head, Tobias began playing 'Touched By The Gentle Whispers Of A Summer Breeze'; a song that, while not a full heal, would help with easing the pain and healing some of the injuries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:41 am Kaleb was stuck. He couldn't reply like normal, but he still needed to look convincing. With not much else to go off on, Kaleb decided to trust his instincts once more. Even though it was what got him into trouble in the first place, Kaleb didn't have much of a choice, except this time he'd be a little more attentive. He was supposed to be covert after all, anybody could be listening.

He tilted his head a bit while maintaining eye contact, barked once, then sat down panting, waiting for Hawk to take the lead.
Gently tugging the leash and clicking his tongue, Hawk, Sana, and puppy Kaleb continued on the path, Hawk hoping nothing saw the interaction as anything but a puppy being a puppy.

"Ok, Big Dog said we should turn here and...oh frag." Much to Hawk's dismay, the path leading through the market was a bit busier than anticipated. Crowds of New Romans were frolicking about, looking at the various wares and trying to find the next best deal. The smell of freshly cooked and expensive food hung in the air, mixing with the other smells at times, leading to one's nose either getting a good smell or something they wish they could forget. To some, this would be a fun time to shop. To Hawk, though, this was going to be a pain in the tail. But seeing as there was no other way to the area without drawing unwanted eyes, Hawk looked to his "wife" Sana and their "puppy" Kaleb and said, in his accent and rolling the 'r's', "Hm! Let us peruse tha wares here, muh deah! Mayhaps we find a lovely pair of for our weekly candlelight suppahs with riparian entertainment? Mayhaps something even more expensive than that Lydia Hawksworth down the street?" He was mentally cringing at every word he said as they entered the market place. "You remember her, right? She's that aristocrat who has a sauna and a home with room for a lycona*."

*Lycona = It an animal that looks like a pony
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Krytus The Dreamer
Posts: 369
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:09 am
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

As hawk guided Kaleb through the streets the smell of foods wafted around and enticed his canine nose. He could feel the drool beginning to overflow as the scent enticed him closer. To a normal human nose, it would have just been a decent meal about to be cooked, but to Kaleb it was as if he smelled the rich flavor working its way into the meat. Suddenly he was reminded how hungry he was and how badly he wanted to taste whatever was cooking. Hypnotized by the scent Kaleb began to wander off and if it weren't for his leash going taut Kaleb might've wandered off, but the sensation was enough to snap him out of his trance.

When Hawk explained what their goal was Kaleb opened his mouth to speak but thankfully caught himself before any words could come out. Instead he tilted his head like he didn't understand what his "owner" had said and got down into a play bow before. The most inconspicuous thing he could do to signal he understood Hawk was to wink and hope no one noticed anything out of the norm.
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 14190
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yes, " Sana replied imperiously, "and we must make sure mr Ornslow doesn't discover it is happening or he will inevitably 'accidentally' find his way to our delux suburban abode!"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 3181
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:30 am "Yes, " Sana replied imperiously, "and we must make sure mr Ornslow doesn't discover it is happening or he will inevitably 'accidentally' find his way to our delux suburban abode!"
"Oh my, yes, we must keep mum about it!" Hawk replied as they past a couple who he swore was looking at them weirdly, though he couldn't blame them. The market was busy as various citizens of New Rome were out and about, looking for at the various wares on offer. Ranging from the useless to the useful to the "Soon To Be Collectors Item", there were plenty of shops open to deprive one of their funds. Many were honestly tempting to Hawk himself as he did like a good bargain, but he wanted to stick to the current plan and the faster they could get through this market, the better, even with the temptations of 'Buy One, Get One Free'.

As they continued on, they passed by a Wanted Board and Hawk, his old bounty hunting ways kicking in, couldn't help but at least take a pick. It couldn't hurt, right? Not surprisingly, he saw the usual brand of ruffians on there, including a few of the Pirate Lords; with one he recognized as he had a run in with her a few times. Then, near the bottom, he saw one for himself or, rather, his reploid, with a very high price (the second highest on the board). Though it was impressive, Hawk could only shake his head and sigh. The damage the reploid did to his reputation seemed to have no end in sight. 'If only we got to him sooner,' he thought as they continued on, passing by the sweet smells of freshly cooked meat. As they passed the stall, Hawk gently nudged Sana and nodded his head forward at what he was looking at; the bridge BigDog mentioned was up ahead and was looking to be a clean shot from where they were. Almost too clean...'Something's wrong.' Hawk looked around as if he was looking at the stalls but, in reality, he was looking at the environment around them. Everyone in the area looked and behaved normal (well, as normal as a New Rome citizen could be), but Hawk knew instinctively that something was wrong, yet he didn't want to blow his, Sana's, or Kaleb's cover. "Ya know, I just remembered!" Hawk began, "Mrs. Fortescue is waitin' fur us!" He then leaned to Sana and whispered, "Don't let on, but I think we've been had," before gently picking Kaleb up in his arms and walking just a tad bit faster to the bridge with his 'wife' Sana.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 14190
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

To keep their cover (and *ahem* for no other reason) Sana gave Hawk a chaste kiss when he was leaning over before complaining about 'Such displays of affection in public.' and followed him. "Is now when we find out if you're worth the bounty," she whispered back.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4097
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

"I can always carry them." Kolt volunteered, making a mini forcefield gurney to show what he had in mind. "Might be less strenuous on them than having them walk."
--
Liz shifted back to her original form, taking one of her gloves off and tapping some of the mercs to acquire their forms for later, starting with the tentacle faced one she slammed into the ground, before moving onto the blue skinned humanoid with the broken arm. While she did that, her son walked over to the house's door and used a mid-power line on it, trying to force it open without ripping it off the hinges.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Post Reply