2023/02/14 - On To Stranger Pastures

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Welsh Halfwit

Re: 2023/02/14 - On To Stranger Pastures

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

We don't know how long he's had it. We KNOW Kitsune can hide their extra tails.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

I wonder if GK had brownish-red fur like Draig and Craig before he turned white, which would explain why they look like that (it helps that it’s a similar color scheme to Karishad). This strip also explains why he’a called “The Great Kitsune”, because he’s not the only one.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

How will Keane react when he realizes Kari could have gotten him out of the zoo any time he wanted?
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Startrekfan47 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:01 pm How will Keane react when he realizes Kari could have gotten him out of the zoo any time he wanted?
Pretty sure Keene already knows Kari was messing with him. Isn’t that why he hired him in the first place, because he’s a huge troll?
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh wait. Yeah you are right. I subtracted by 1000 instead of 100.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

johnwolf wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:41 pm
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:40 pm So if he just got his second tail now and we are assuming that he didn't hide it, that would mean that Kari was born in 1023. The year that an epidemic hit Kyoto, Japan and Vietnamese emperor Lý Thánh Tông was born.
i think you read that wrong. Kari is at most 199 years old, as a new tail=100 years old or 100 years old period if he JUST got his tail. he gets a new tail every 100 years thus Kari was born in early 1900's or in the 1800's.
My new headcanon is Kari knew Breel when the pine marten was alive the first time
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:00 am Oh wait. Yeah you are right. I subtracted by 1000 instead of 100.
Hey, no matter how many zeroes, they don't count ... `cause they're zeroes, right? ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well when they are in the ones digit they don't matter but any other digit place they do. They increase time increments QUITE a lot. LOL
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

To sum everything up, Karishad is old overall but young in comparison to Kitsune.
Dragon Furry

Post by Dragon Furry »

NHWestoN wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:10 am ... and thank you, DragonFurry, for a very fascinating little discourse on fox tails. :)
I aim to please ;)
(and/or get all the gold) :mrgreen:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Dragon Furry wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:05 am
NHWestoN wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:10 am ... and thank you, DragonFurry, for a very fascinating little discourse on fox tails. :)
I aim to please ;)
(and/or get all the gold) :mrgreen:
An appropriately dragonian preoccupation ....... 8-)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I should have bribed him with gold to keep him continuing to RP with me. I honestly do wonder sometimes what Jack and Britney would be doing now. XD
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

andwhyisit wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:57 pm
Were Jack wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:26 amSo, Karishad is more troll-y brother of Kitsune? That is a plot twist.

I mean, last few pages (or at least the previous one) hinted that he is kinda special and not just a gag character.
The fact that, like Draig and Craig, Karishad was left behind on Earth when everyone else was transported to heaven was a huge indicator as well. Not to mention his ability to kill a fictional character, and the fact that Kitsune waved to him (and only him) in Australia.
Late reply, but I want to add something. To me, it wasn't really surprising per se. But I wouldn't think of him seriously as a brother of Kitsune beforehand. I thought he is one of those characters that logic don't apply to, because they are made for gags. For example, Team Rocket from Pokemon would die countless of times if they weren't gag characters. And if some parts of anime show wasn't gag-y, Ash would be in hospital with burns or cardiac arrest, because of his Charmeleon/Charizard and Pikachu. So I can understand why people didn't anticipate that, though after learning that, it's nothing shocking, really. It was all making sense.
Also the reason that Kari was left on Earth could have been a gag, really. Though more and more facts showed that he is indeed more than just a gag. I took him being there as nothing else but a gag, because he is defying the logic.
vulpinator

Post by vulpinator »

Were Jack wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:59 am
andwhyisit wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:57 pm
Were Jack wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:26 amSo, Karishad is more troll-y brother of Kitsune? That is a plot twist.

I mean, last few pages (or at least the previous one) hinted that he is kinda special and not just a gag character.
The fact that, like Draig and Craig, Karishad was left behind on Earth when everyone else was transported to heaven was a huge indicator as well. Not to mention his ability to kill a fictional character, and the fact that Kitsune waved to him (and only him) in Australia.
Late reply, but I want to add something. To me, it wasn't really surprising per se. But I wouldn't think of him seriously as a brother of Kitsune beforehand. I thought he is one of those characters that logic don't apply to, because they are made for gags. For example, Team Rocket from Pokemon would die countless of times if they weren't gag characters. And if some parts of anime show wasn't gag-y, Ash would be in hospital with burns or cardiac arrest, because of his Charmeleon/Charizard and Pikachu. So I can understand why people didn't anticipate that, though after learning that, it's nothing shocking, really. It was all making sense.
Also the reason that Kari was left on Earth could have been a gag, really. Though more and more facts showed that he is indeed more than just a gag. I took him being there as nothing else but a gag, because he is defying the logic.
I think it’s worth noting, if it hasn’t been brought up already, but Karishad is essentially a guest character. He is the OC of someone who is good friends with Rick, and that’s probably why, as a guest character, he usually doesn’t play a key role in the comic, with the first temple run and treehouse construction arcs being exceptions.
I’m just surprised that they went for the maneater joke as opposed to steppies, since Kari’s known for being into paws.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I thought Karishad and Rick were closer than being friends which is why his OC was put in the comic? At least I think that is what I remember reading somewhere.
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

vulpinator wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:35 amI think it’s worth noting, if it hasn’t been brought up already, but Karishad is essentially a guest character. He is the OC of someone who is good friends with Rick, and that’s probably why, as a guest character, he usually doesn’t play a key role in the comic, with the first temple run and treehouse construction arcs being exceptions.
Yes I knew that. Not sure if I knew it was Rick's friend's or I thought it was Rick's OC. Really can't recall retrospectively now. But I knew it's an OC and that he's supposed to be more of a guest.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now that we are moving towards slice-of-life I wonder what is gonna happen to Karishad when that happens? He won't be able to do his usual shenanigans and get away with it. Pus he was confirmed to be a Celestial and Rick seems to be pushing them out. Unless Karishad ends up turning into a mortal also.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

MischaTheWolf wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:56 pm I’m honestly not sure, I think Kari was a character before Kitsune, but maybe Rick wanted the character development/plot twist all along.

I also really like how Karishad just kissed Tarot’s paw in the beginning. Seems like a Kari way of saying bye to someone, I really hope all is well in the mortal world as everyone is sent off.
Kari and Tarot seem to have something of bond - Jessica Opossum and Kari also seem to share a certain respect and affection, perhaps partly because Jesse tolerates his secretive frivolities in the very extensive basement of her tree house.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think Jessica is OK with Kari because she finds his antics amusing and they don't harm her in any way. That would be why she lets him live with her despite his craziness. :mrgreen: