Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:48 pm Kaleb gave a tired chuckle, "For one thing I could pick things up with my stupid ape hands, I wouldn't have to dry out my throat talking to the computer when I record my findings cause I can't write and I'd still be able to enjoy chocolates and onion rings." Kaleb adjusted his sitting position, "But it's not all bad I guess. I'm a champion now and I get to make a difference with this 'curse'."
Hawk smiled, "Well, I don't know about eating those things...but I think Hivemind might be able to help you with recording your findings. On that note, Sana! Come up here and get strapped in!"" He shouted while he reached over and strapped Kaleb into the seat. He then tapped some more buttons on the console, bringing the ship to life, before tapping the comm-unit. "Flight Control, this is Hawk Redsky of the Dychra Phoenix, requesting permission to take-off for New Rome, over?"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Okey-Dokey," Sana called, practically vaulting over to the offered seat and landing in it as though it was nothing, having flipped her tail out of the way. She clipped herself in. "We all adapt to what we can't do, Kaleb," she claimed. "It's sometimes what makes life fun. Except times when your own government tries to make you disappear. But those are rare."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt quickly got seriously, changing into the offered armor and dashing onto the ship. He took a seat next to Liz and Lewis, and patted the seat next to him for Jenny to sit.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"If y'don't move the hand," Jenny said coyly, "I'm gonna sit on it." When moved, Jenny sat and strapped herself in. "How's Quint, by the way?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

With everyone on their respective ships, the hanger doors opened wide, showing the view of the planet below. A shining city, taking up much of the world. Most of the planet was covered in clouds obscuring what was beneath them. The champion ships, disguised as mercenary hardware, started their engines.

"LAUNCHING IN TEN. NINE. EIGHT. SEVEN. SIX. FIVE. FOUR. THREE. TWO. ONE." the intercom sounded as the ships all adjusted for takeoff.

"LAUNCHING NOW."

The ships engines all fired off, sending them out into the vacuum of space. The ships carrying the Champions entered a wide orbit around the planet, slowly descending through a field of old derelict satellites displaying meaningless advertisements of material objects with the promise of happiness, surgeons and medicines offering payment plans, and articles about the importance of hard work and the sense of professional responsibility to your employer. All of it projected to the world below, silent voices screaming for the attention of all who live in their view, consuming the night and swallowing the stars in an effort to be the loudest voice in the sky.

The Champion craft finally start to enter the atmosphere, fire flying past the windows of the various ships as they descended through the thick, dark grey clouds before breaking below. With the fire having subsided, the view of the world was on display. Tightly packed slums for miles, centered around power plants and factories spewing smoke into the sky.

The ships landed in the ruined shell of some building that had long ago collapsed from neglect. The doors opened up, letting the Champions out onto a pile of debris.

Angel Team climbed out of their craft, keeping their helmets on in case the air might be hazardous. Gear climbed out of the same craft, helping Hannabelle after him.

Out of the second ship, Eira, Lycan, and Tempest climbed, helping down Jenny, Kolt, and anyone else who traveled with them.

--------------------------------------

Meanwhile, a second hanger opened on the Beacon, and a much more formal shuttle launched from it, carrying mostly Hive droids as well as Jaken and Rika. The space above the city had significantly less clutter, with autonomous vehicles idly moving about the space to clean up any unauthorized materials that dare disrupt the view of the sky. Radio broadcast from below gave the shuttle the all clear to enter the atmosphere, then courteously offered to broadcast various forms of entertainment to the shuttle to keep the occupants occupied until they landed.

As the shuttle approached landing it was apparent that the walls were built with a sort of environmental shields not unlike what the Beacon uses to keep it's atmosphere inside when hanger doors open. The city below was beautiful, clean, gilded from top to bottom with ornate displays of art and culture that flew past the windows as the shuttle neared it's dock.

As the doors opened, even the docks were pristine, regularly cleaned by mechanical workers who greeted the new arrivals with synthetically pleasant enthusiasm.

Hivemind's droids stepped off of the ship, and one of them helped Jaken and Rika so they wouldn't trip on the step.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"Alright, you two, hang on!" With a few button presses, electricity flowed into the mechanical beast, giving it life and power like never before. It howled and roared a thunderous roar, it's heart pumping faster and faster, it's blood flowing through it's veins and burning like a thousand suns. The beast, the Dychra Phoneix, had awaken. Like an eagle leaving it's perch, the fearsome ship lifted from the steel floor that called the Beacon its home, the landing gears retreating into it's body with mechanical wonder. With a turning of the handles, the ship faced the hanger's exit, waiting for the right moment.
CyberDragon wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:22 pm "LAUNCHING IN TEN. NINE. EIGHT. SEVEN. SIX. FIVE. FOUR. THREE. TWO. ONE." the intercom sounded as the ships all adjusted for takeoff.

"LAUNCHING NOW."
With a smirk, Hawk tapped a button on the console and ignited the engines. With a roar that would make dragons roar in harmony, the Dychra Phoenix raced out of the hanger and down towards the planet. Inside the cockpit, Hawk could only smile. "I missed you, girl." He laughed as they followed the ships heading for the outskirts. Here's hoping this goes well, he thought as they entered the planet's atmosphere, flipping a few switches on the console and keeping the ship's speed in check. However, it seemed lady luck was still not ready to trust him just yet, for as they approached the given coordinates, a light lit up on the console, signaling an oncoming message. A message that he was not expecting nor wanting to get:
"Attention, Dychra Phoenix. By authority of New Rome, you are not authorized to land in this sector nor do you have authorization to enter the city. Leave the area or we will be forced to fire."
Hawk couldn't believe his ears. Last time he was here, he was helping a friend out and not doing any bounty hunting, so there was no reason for the denial, right? It soon became clear to him, however, that there was a reason. A reason that soon had him smacking his leg and letting loose a few choice expletives. "That stupid Reploid!" He grunted. Now what were they to do? He couldn't head to the city as that would cause more problems then they already had and there was no way he was leaving the mission like this. But he had to do something, but what? Thankfully, an idea came to life in his mind. One that made him huff a small laugh. To the left of where he was seated, Hawk began tapping away on another screen and waited a while. After a minute or so, a oddly worded ad popped up on the screen: OLD AUTENTHIC NORTHERN RASPBERRY JAM CLEARANCE! Now, to many, this would seem like a bit of spam or some older couple trying to send their first ad out. But to Hawk? He knew exactly what it meant and, after sending another message to one of the landing ships about the situation and some special instructions to not contact either him, Kaleb, or Sana for the time being, Hawk directed the ship away from the area, much to the approval of the New Rome Authority.

--NEW ROME JUNKYARD--

Pieces of various ship parts laid strewn about the massive junkyard as mountains of scrap reached for the skies above. Various droids and other personal worked the yards, sorting through and collecting the various rubble, as the Dychra Phoenix entered the area, attracting a few of the workers attention, with one running off to a nearby building. The ship landed in the designated clearing with a thud, crushing a steel trash can that was left there flat. "You two stay on-board for a minute." Hawk told Kaleb and Sana as he left the cockpit and lowered the ship's ramp. Outside waiting for him was a rather gruff looking gentleman who looked to be in his early 50's and having hair that was in need of a cut, along with a beard that reached down to his stomach. From inside the ship, Kaleb and Sana would see the two talking for a bit then hugging each other and giving a handshake, followed by a shoulder smack, before the man went back to the building and Hawk boarded the ship.

"Yeah, as you no doubt have heard...thanks to my reploid's actions, I can not be anywhere in or near the city in any capacity." Hawk sighed, taking a few deep breaths to calm himself down. "But, thankfully? I still have a few friends here I could trust. Big Dog out there is the owner of this place and a friend of mine. I explained to him what happened and he's letting us park here for however long the mission takes. The New Rome Authority don't even bother coming to this yard, so the ship will be safe and he said he's going to help us out anyway he can as he's not the biggest fan of the higher ups here either. Right now, he's heading back to his shop over there for some special gear I requested...gear that is the only way we'll be able to safely navigate the city for the time being, until we can get outside." There was a noticeable uneasiness in his voice, like he was hesitant to say what he was going to say. "Now, please don't hate me, here...but I asked him...if he has any outfits to make us look like a...rich...married...happy...family...it was the only thing I thought of to get us safely through." All Hawk could do was shrug, his cheeks red from embarrassment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gracias
" Tobias said as he was helped down, strapping the guitar case back onto his back as he took a look around. "Dios mío, this is New Rome?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny unstrapped herself and stepped out of the ship, smelling the decay in the air, the mould and concrete dust that stained the scent almost beyond recognition. Somewhere faint, she could hear someone crying, although that might be her own memory playing up. "Welcome to Colony fourteen," she said quietly, referring to her old colony.
-----------------------------
Corp said nothing, he just visually scanned the area for signs of life and potential threats.
"Ev'ry Utopia's got it's **** tip," Sarah told the bard as she looked around. "Though this'uns bigg'r'n most, I reckon." SHe signed Stay close to the boys.
----------------------------
"Looks like the Ravalox district's gone even further downhill," Hannabelle mooted, reckoning she knew the area.
"Thanks, Mister Hive," Jaken said, hopping down and looking around as Miss Rika joined them. He sniffed the air. It even smelled clean. No pollution, no dirt. No life. "Air been scented," he asked, curious as to what Hivemind thought. He added a different question. "Why does it seem there should be elevator muzak playing?"
---------------------------
Sana watched and waited, almost happy to let this person she'd only just met... twice... take the lead. "Folks always said I'd end up on a rubbish dump," she half joked as Hawk talked with the fellow outside. When he came back in and made his announcement, she looked from him to Kaleb and back to Hawk before ruffling Kaleb's throat fur affectionately. "Kaleb, my boy," she said happily, "I suppose you should know. You're adopted!" She gave him a kiss to the back of the head before going over to her 'husband'. "What we going to say if they ask about rings?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:59 am Sana watched and waited, almost happy to let this person she'd only just met... twice... take the lead. "Folks always said I'd end up on a rubbish dump," she half joked as Hawk talked with the fellow outside. When he came back in and made his announcement, she looked from him to Kaleb and back to Hawk before ruffling Kaleb's throat fur affectionately. "Kaleb, my boy," she said happily, "I suppose you should know. You're adopted!" She gave him a kiss to the back of the head before going over to her 'husband'. "What we going to say if they ask about rings?"
"Oh, he has two he can give us. You won't believe what ends up in the yard here." Hawk chuckled. "Also asked him for a way to cover my eyes as...well, I do got some striking green eyes."
Krytus The Dreamer

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

When the ship's doors opened for the first time Kaleb reeled back while attempting to cover his nose. "I know dogs' noses are supposed to be better than humans but wow did I not have it benchmarked until now."

Still despite the smell, Kaleb waited by the Dychra Phoneix patiently
SeanWolf wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:34 pm "Now, please don't hate me, here...but I asked him...if he has any outfits to make us look like a...rich...married...happy...family...it was the only thing I thought of to get us safely through." All Hawk could do was shrug, his cheeks red from embarrassment.
Kaleb's face turned a similar shade of red "Well... if it's for the good of the mission, I can play the part," his eyes drifted lower to his attire, the Beacon Tech armor made to look like a mercenary owned it, "Though, and this is embarrassing enough, I'm gonna need someone to take this Armor off."

As soon as Kaleb said 'Armor off' a beeping sound came from his collar tag. It almost looked like water was being thrown at Kaleb in reverse as the suit in its entirety was being sucked into the tag on Kaleb's collar. Soon enough, Kaleb was back to looking like any other ordinary dog.

"Well, problem solved I suppose." Kaleb sighed still embarrassed.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:59 am Sana watched and waited, almost happy to let this person she'd only just met... twice... take the lead. "Folks always said I'd end up on a rubbish dump," she half joked as Hawk talked with the fellow outside. When he came back in and made his announcement, she looked from him to Kaleb and back to Hawk before ruffling Kaleb's throat fur affectionately. "Kaleb, my boy," she said happily, "I suppose you should know. You're adopted!" She gave him a kiss to the back of the head before going over to her 'husband'. "What we going to say if they ask about rings?"
"We make one weird-looking family," Kaleb said deadpan, but calmly as he waited to receive his new, more appropriate disguise.

Kaleb's animal registry
Therian Shift: Inactive
Thinking capacity: 8/8
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:05 am "We make one weird-looking family," Kaleb said deadpan, but calmly as he waited to receive his new, more appropriate disguise.
Hawk shrugged. "Compared to the rest of the galaxy? I'd say we're the most normal-ish." While waiting for Big Dog to return with their disguises and way to traverse the city safely and, hopefully, without incident, Hawk took a seat on the couch and stretched his legs out a bit. "Hey, how much Champion gear do you guys have on you right now? Depending on what you guys brought, we may have to leave some of it here."
Krytus The Dreamer

SeanWolf wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:10 pm Hawk shrugged. "Compared to the rest of the galaxy? I'd say we're the most normal-ish." While waiting for Big Dog to return with their disguises and way to traverse the city safely and, hopefully, without incident, Hawk took a seat on the couch and stretched his legs out a bit. "Hey, how much Champion gear do you guys have on you right now? Depending on what you guys brought, we may have to leave some of it here."
Kaleb tapped his tag, "Everything I brought with me is in here now. Hopefully, this can fly under the radar, cause if a fight breaks out I'd like some form of protection." Then a thought occurred to Kaleb, "speaking of our cover, I don't want to assume the worst but I'd like to clarify my part in it. Am I playing the role of a pet?"
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:27 pm
SeanWolf wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:10 pm Hawk shrugged. "Compared to the rest of the galaxy? I'd say we're the most normal-ish." While waiting for Big Dog to return with their disguises and way to traverse the city safely and, hopefully, without incident, Hawk took a seat on the couch and stretched his legs out a bit. "Hey, how much Champion gear do you guys have on you right now? Depending on what you guys brought, we may have to leave some of it here."
Kaleb tapped his tag, "Everything I brought with me is in here now. Hopefully, this can fly under the radar, cause if a fight breaks out I'd like some form of protection." Then a thought occurred to Kaleb, "speaking of our cover, I don't want to assume the worst but I'd like to clarify my part in it. Am I playing the role of a pet?"
Hawk nodded, though the thought of Kaleb being their "son" was a bit amusing. "It's just until we're out of the city...just uh try to keep your powers in check, OK? REALLY don't want a gunfight here."
Krytus The Dreamer

"I-I'll do my best." Kaleb cringed at what had happened a short while ago, "Ha... I mean the Reploid, promised he'd help me learn control, but I guess we now know why he was so interested."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:14 pm "I-I'll do my best." Kaleb cringed at what had happened a short while ago, "Ha... I mean the Reploid, promised he'd help me learn control, but I guess we now know why he was so interested."
"Yeah...I'm just glad we got to him when we did." Hawk was still saddened over the damage that the reploid did and it was easy to tell in his voice. "Honestly, I'd help but I really don't know what triggers your er beast inside, other than what I saw."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:59 am "Ev'ry Utopia's got it's **** tip," Sarah told the bard as she looked around. "Though this'uns bigg'r'n most, I reckon." SHe signed Stay close to the boys.
The boys indicate that they'll stick to Sarah like glue.

"Have ye been tae a war zone before, Sarah?" Cailean asks as he follows the collie off the ship.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As the group stepped out of the ship, Liz and Lewis, while still disgusted by the state of the slums, seemed to handle it rather well.
The same could not be said for Kolt.
He stepped out of the ship sluggishly, a look of offense and horror on his face, like he was a kid and someone just told him they killed his puppy. He gazed upon the decrepit state of the homes nearby, then at the factories bellowing smoke into the sky, and finally at the sky itself, where the various ads and PSAs drowned out even the simplest of wonders. He stood there staring at that last one for a while, just awestruck at how...... he didn't even have the words to describe it. " I hate this place." He said, with more disgust and shock in his voice than anyone in the group could ever recall him speaking with.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny stepped over to her beau and put a hand on his shoulder. "Figured you would," she told him. "Hate the state, not the people. But be careful with trust. Like on Fourteen, people are born with one chance. To get on, to get up or to get out. And some don't care much how they do it because it gets them to better things." She gave him a hopeful smile. "Don' mean we can't 'elp 'em, eh," she asked, slipping into her colonial accent.
"Once or twice," Sarah admitted in words and sign. "Usually after th' fightin's done..."
-------------------------------------
"The undersuit stuff's from the Beacon," Sana admitted, "as is the gun. Wristcomp's mine. So is the state of confusion," she added with a wry grin. "I'd say your eyes had a bit of blue about them... So, Kaleb, if you're our son, does this mean we have to buy you safe Ice cream if you demand it?"
-------------------------------------
Cherry, stepping into a room with a Hivebot, tried not to sneeze as she went to talk with it. "Where... do you want me, Mis...ter Hive," she asked before grimacing. "Uh, I don't think we should tell the Steelhaven crew that..." She turned and sneezed twice before snuffling and continuing. "...that we can con...tact the home universe..." She turned and sneezed again. "Flamin' pregnancy," she mock cursed, wondering if he'd ask why.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:34 pm
"Gracias
" Tobias said as he was helped down, strapping the guitar case back onto his back as he took a look around. "Dios mío, this is New Rome?
"I've never been here before..." Eira said, looking around with almost as much disgust as Kolt, though with less shock. She couldn't help but wonder how it managed to get this bad without the Champions intervening before. "But yeah. Welcome to Hell..."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:59 am Jenny unstrapped herself and stepped out of the ship, smelling the decay in the air, the mould and concrete dust that stained the scent almost beyond recognition. Somewhere faint, she could hear someone crying, although that might be her own memory playing up. "Welcome to Colony fourteen," she said quietly, referring to her old colony.
Corp said nothing, he just visually scanned the area for signs of life and potential threats.
"Ev'ry Utopia's got it's **** tip," Sarah told the bard as she looked around. "Though this'uns bigg'r'n most, I reckon." SHe signed Stay close to the boys.
"Looks like the Ravalox district's gone even further downhill," Hannabelle mooted, reckoning she knew the area.
Hlaoroo wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:22 am The boys indicate that they'll stick to Sarah like glue.

"Have ye been tae a war zone before, Sarah?" Cailean asks as he follows the collie off the ship.
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:12 pm As the group stepped out of the ship, Liz and Lewis, while still disgusted by the state of the slums, seemed to handle it rather well.
The same could not be said for Kolt.
He stepped out of the ship sluggishly, a look of offense and horror on his face, like he was a kid and someone just told him they killed his puppy. He gazed upon the decrepit state of the homes nearby, then at the factories bellowing smoke into the sky, and finally at the sky itself, where the various ads and PSAs drowned out even the simplest of wonders. He stood there staring at that last one for a while, just awestruck at how...... he didn't even have the words to describe it. " I hate this place." He said, with more disgust and shock in his voice than anyone in the group could ever recall him speaking with.
"I'm going to set up a FOB in these ruins here." Gadgeteer said to everyone. "Give me an hour, and I'll have comms up, a medical station, a supply fabricator, whatever we need."

"In the meantime, the rest of us should move out and ask around about any conflicts going on. They don't know who we are, so we can't expect they'll cooperate at first. We might have to help a few people out before they're willing to trust us, so be prepared to do a few 'sidequests' so to speak." Archangel said, picking up his rifle.

Outside of the ruin, the arrival of two mercenary ships clearly scared the locals, as nobody was out on the street. Several people were running into buildings and pulling the security doors (or rather, the flimsy gates they could manage to afford) shut behind them.

"Might be harder than we thought." Gear sighed, seeing people immediately shut themselves away. "I can see an old water tower over there. I think we should get on overwatch, see if we can spot any trouble from there. What do you think?" he said to Hannabelle.

"I think I'm going to head down the road and see if I can pick up on any injuries." Eira said.

"Randy and I will look for signs of organized crime. Organizations like that tend to have connections we'd be able to use." Tempest said.

"Titan and I will patrol the town, get some distance from the landing zone. See if we can find anyone to help who wasn't spooked by our arrival." Recon explained.

"Alright then. Everyone, head out. You can go with the different veterans, or you can try to seek out information yourselves, but you should stick together, so figure out what you're all going to do. Just be back in an hour so you can resupply once the FOB is set up."

---------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:59 am "Thanks, Mister Hive," Jaken said, hopping down and looking around as Miss Rika joined them. He sniffed the air. It even smelled clean. No pollution, no dirt. No life. "Air been scented," he asked, curious as to what Hivemind thought. He added a different question. "Why does it seem there should be elevator muzak playing?"
"Place is spotless on this side of the walls, I'll give them that..." Hivemind commented. "Stick close to Rika, Jaken. Both of you, follow close to me."

Hivemind led the two up the docks... where they ran into some metal detectors set up as a sort of security checkpoint before entering the building.

"Ah... Well this could be weirdly problematic."

---------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:17 am Cherry, stepping into a room with a Hivebot, tried not to sneeze as she went to talk with it. "Where... do you want me, Mis...ter Hive," she asked before grimacing. "Uh, I don't think we should tell the Steelhaven crew that..." She turned and sneezed twice before snuffling and continuing. "...that we can con...tact the home universe..." She turned and sneezed again. "Flamin' pregnancy," she mock cursed, wondering if he'd ask why.
"Given you're currently the only method of contacting your home universe, and given the strain it leaves on you to do so, I am inclined to agree." the hive droid responded with a nod. "And, if you don't mind me asking... Why does being pregnant cause such a reaction for you? Is that common with your species?" he asked, offering a tissue.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thanks," Cherry sniffed, taking the tissue and dabbing her nose. "I'm no expert but I'm -choo! - told it's to do with breaking the genetic block. It only... only affects us pregnant by aNOTHer species. The genes are ad...adapting so som...sometimes it ELIcits asneeze. Or... Or something." She swallowed. "Perhaps your med...medical people could tell you more," she said, relieved that the attack seemed to have passed.
---------------------------------------
"If this is Ravalox," Hannabelle told Tempest, gesturing to the north west, "try five Salba street. Used to be a underworld bar. Don't trust 'em but there's probably a few connections hanging around. Don't mention my name." She turned back to Gear. "Water tower's good. Might be unsafe but we tell by looking."
Staying quiet and using his systems to scan the rubble and debris as best it could given interference from the surroundings, Corp led the way towards one of the distant streets, the map function laying the line back to the shuttle as he went.
"Want a portal past 'em, Mr Hive, sir," Jaken asked casually, noting that no-one seemed to be watching them. He couldn't account for cameras, of course.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Krytus The Dreamer

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:17 am "The undersuit stuff's from the Beacon," Sana admitted, "as is the gun. Wristcomp's mine. So is the state of confusion," she added with a wry grin. "I'd say your eyes had a bit of blue about them... So, Kaleb, if you're our son, does this mean we have to buy you safe Ice cream if you demand it?"
"I would love some ice cream." Kaleb said without thinking before shaking his head, "Why did I say that? Anyway you heard Hawk I'm your pet... Well I suppose couples who spoil their dogs rotten do exist, buuut I am not climbing onto any doggy strollers. This is embarrassing enough." Kaleb tried to hide his face and failed, glad that his fur made it hard to see if he was blushing or not.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:17 am "The undersuit stuff's from the Beacon," Sana admitted, "as is the gun. Wristcomp's mine. So is the state of confusion," she added with a wry grin. "I'd say your eyes had a bit of blue about them... So, Kaleb, if you're our son, does this mean we have to buy you safe Ice cream if you demand it?"
Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:14 am "I would love some ice cream." Kaleb said without thinking before shaking his head, "Why did I say that? Anyway you heard Hawk I'm your pet... Well I suppose couples who spoil their dogs rotten do exist, buuut I am not climbing onto any doggy strollers. This is embarrassing enough." Kaleb tried to hide his face and failed, glad that his fur made it hard to see if he was blushing or not.
Hawk laughed, the mental image of Kaleb in a doggy stroller being both the cutest and funniest thing he ever imagined. "Well, as long as you don't flash your gun out or let on you have one, we should be able to get away with keeping our gear on us." Hawk said, still giggling at a 'Baby Kaleb' image before clearing his throat. "By the way, what's ice cream?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:11 pm "I think I'm going to head down the road and see if I can pick up on any injuries." Eira said.
"I'd like to come along with you, Eira, if that's OK with you." Tobias asked as he adjusted the guitar case on his back. "I have a feeling I'll be needed where you're going."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, it's a semi-frozen cream based dessert on several planets," Sana said, moving towards the door. "Shall we say we bought Kaleb at... the trade markets on Kemmel?" She knew it as a place where most things could be bought or traded and it was, hopefully, far enough away that no-one they met would actually have been there.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Krytus The Dreamer

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:02 am Hawk laughed, the mental image of Kaleb in a doggy stroller being both the cutest and funniest thing he ever imagined. "Well, as long as you don't flash your gun out or let on you have one, we should be able to get away with keeping our gear on us." Hawk said, still giggling at a 'Baby Kaleb' image before clearing his throat. "By the way, what's ice cream?"
"You've never had ice cream before?" Kaleb tilted his head a bit confused, "It's a pretty common desert."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:17 pm "Oh, it's a semi-frozen cream based dessert on several planets," Sana said, moving towards the door. "Shall we say we bought Kaleb at... the trade markets on Kemmel?" She knew it as a place where most things could be bought or traded and it was, hopefully, far enough away that no-one they met would actually have been there.
"That could work, though try not to use some branded or recognizable places, they might get curious enough to look for a chip that I don't have. When I woke up in this form and ran through a couple of tests I found out that I'm a mutt. More specifically a mix of a Siberian Husky for endurance, a German Shepherd for intelligence, a Great Dane for size and power, a Blood Hound for tracking capabilities, a Belgian Malinois for a bit of speed, and finally a Golden retriever for Health and resistance to disease. It's the genetic profile I mixed up for my planet's police force to create the best possible K-9 Unit breed." Kaleb sighed when he thought about his work. "I made a patent on this genetic makeup so unless you're willing to wait for the papers to come through don't advertise me around. We're supposed to be laying low anyway."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt went with Eira, hoping to find some people he could help. "I just.... There's so much wrong here." Kolt said to Jenny as they walked. "The way they let their citizens live like this, the awful way the air tastes of smoke, the fact they've defiled the sky itself just to try and sell them stuff. It's all so.... terrible."
--
Lewis and Liz went with Gear, making their way to the nearby water tower. "You regret coming out of retirement for this?" Lewis asked. "Could be relaxing at your tropical hotel, instead you're on the other side of the galaxy, walking through a tetanus filed rust pit." Despite the way he worded it, the dog sounded more curious than anything. Like he wouldn't look down on the old man regardless of how he answered.

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Legotron123 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:49 pm Kolt went with Eira, hoping to find some people he could help. "I just.... There's so much wrong here." Kolt said to Jenny as they walked. "The way they let their citizens live like this, the awful way the air tastes of smoke, the fact they've defiled the sky itself just to try and sell them stuff. It's all so.... terrible."
"Well, it's like they say: En la tierra de los cerdos, el carnicero es el rey." Tobias said following along side, making sure as to not bump either of them with his case.

*En la tierra de los cerdos, el carnicero es el rey. - In the land of the pigs, the butcher is king

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hawk shook his head. "I never even heard of 'ice cream' before', Kaleb, hence my confusion." As Hawk causally glanced out the window, Big Dog returned to his ship, a StorageBot following behind him as he laid a collection of clothing out on the nearby table. "Had to get creative with the wee one's clothing, I'm afraid." He said, referring to Sana, with his rather gentle giant-like voice. "But I think it'll be convincing enough. If not, well, you can always say she's your daughter." Hawk chuckled at Big Dog's little joke while getting up to look over the clothing he picked out so they could blend in with the New Rome citizens as Big Dog pulled out a studded leash and matching collar for Kaleb. "Hopefully, this fits you, lad. Hawk wasn't sure what type of breed you were, so I had to guess."
TheRook259

Post by TheRook259 »

CyberDragon wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Thanks, Mister Hive," Jaken said, hopping down and looking around as Miss Rika joined them. He sniffed the air. It even smelled clean. No pollution, no dirt. No life. "Air been scented," he asked, curious as to what Hivemind thought. He added a different question. "Why does it seem there should be elevator muzak playing?"
"Place is spotless on this side of the walls, I'll give them that..." Hivemind commented. "Stick close to Rika, Jaken. Both of you, follow close to me."

Hivemind led the two up the docks... where they ran into some metal detectors set up as a sort of security checkpoint before entering the building.

"Ah... Well this could be weirdly problematic."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Want a portal past 'em, Mr Hive, sir," Jaken asked casually, noting that no-one seemed to be watching them. He couldn't account for cameras, of course.
Rika placed a hand on Jaken's head. "That is not a good idea, Jaken. We are here to discuss the distress call as guests, not to ask too many questions and bypass security.. as of yet. Best to keep your power in check for now, I am sure we can figure something else out.. Right, Hive?" The doctor says calmly, looking to the droid as she finishes. "I am sure they will understand the.. 'problem' ..and let us through? Seeing as we are guests, correct?"
I have returned! ..But I lost my squiggles.

Characters Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ooh," Sana said, "new clothing." She picked up her clobber and moved into the other room to change quickly. She neglected to close the door properly due to being Celican and not really minding people seeing her body. And, of course, as Hawk was supposed to be her husband/mate/whatever, he should probably see it...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:56 am "Thanks," Cherry sniffed, taking the tissue and dabbing her nose. "I'm no expert but I'm -choo! - told it's to do with breaking the genetic block. It only... only affects us pregnant by aNOTHer species. The genes are ad...adapting so som...sometimes it ELIcits asneeze. Or... Or something." She swallowed. "Perhaps your med...medical people could tell you more," she said, relieved that the attack seemed to have passed.
"Perhaps. I can schedule you for a doctor's appointment to get it checked out if you'd like." Hivemind suggested.

----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:56 am "If this is Ravalox," Hannabelle told Tempest, gesturing to the north west, "try five Salba street. Used to be a underworld bar. Don't trust 'em but there's probably a few connections hanging around. Don't mention my name." She turned back to Gear. "Water tower's good. Might be unsafe but we tell by looking."
Tempest nodded, and she and The Lycan walked off to the North West on their hunt for the underground.
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:49 pm Lewis and Liz went with Gear, making their way to the nearby water tower. "You regret coming out of retirement for this?" Lewis asked. "Could be relaxing at your tropical hotel, instead you're on the other side of the galaxy, walking through a tetanus filed rust pit." Despite the way he worded it, the dog sounded more curious than anything. Like he wouldn't look down on the old man regardless of how he answered.
Gear walked with Hannabelle towards the water tower when Liz and Lewis joined them. He was a little surprised at this, but didn't argue. Instead, he laughed at what Lewis said. "Hey, I resent that. I'm a tetanus-filled rust pit too!" he joked, gesturing to his aging cybernetics. "And I won't lie. Often wish I was back there. I retired for a reason. But if them demons are looking for Avatars, I can't really afford to rest. And if I stayed, I wouldn't've met the most beautiful sharpshooter in the galaxy!" he added with a sideways grin to Hannabelle. "At least... not on good terms, anyway."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:56 am Staying quiet and using his systems to scan the rubble and debris as best it could given interference from the surroundings, Corp led the way towards one of the distant streets, the map function laying the line back to the shuttle as he went.
Recon and Titan walked beside Corp, heading in the same direction. "So Hive received a distress signal from somewhere near here, but I haven't seen much outside of just... the misery that is the slums. What do you think we'll find?" Recon asked Corp.

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:02 am "I'd like to come along with you, Eira, if that's OK with you." Tobias asked as he adjusted the guitar case on his back. "I have a feeling I'll be needed where you're going."
"From what I hear of your powers, that makes sense." Eira said, welcoming Tobias along with her. "I don't look like it, but I was a paramedic for the first few years of my Champion career. I've learned to use my powers to identify illness and injury. Already picking up on some infections... malnourishment... fluid in the lungs... tumors... We're going to have our work cut out for us..."
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:49 pm Kolt went with Eira, hoping to find some people he could help. "I just.... There's so much wrong here." Kolt said to Jenny as they walked. "The way they let their citizens live like this, the awful way the air tastes of smoke, the fact they've defiled the sky itself just to try and sell them stuff. It's all so.... terrible."
"All the more reason to move quickly. There's a lot of people who need help." Eira said, moving forward towards the nearest illness she can find and coming across an old decrepit store with rotten boards over the door and windows. "Someone's in there. Broken ankle. Swelling. Possible infection. Keep your helmets in full-face mode. I doubt the air around here is safe to breath." she said.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:56 am "Want a portal past 'em, Mr Hive, sir," Jaken asked casually, noting that no-one seemed to be watching them. He couldn't account for cameras, of course.
TheRook259 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:40 am Rika placed a hand on Jaken's head. "That is not a good idea, Jaken. We are here to discuss the distress call as guests, not to ask too many questions and bypass security.. as of yet. Best to keep your power in check for now, I am sure we can figure something else out.. Right, Hive?" The doctor says calmly, looking to the droid as she finishes. "I am sure they will understand the.. 'problem' ..and let us through? Seeing as we are guests, correct?"
"Rika's right." Hivemind said. "I just always have a rotten time going through customs. We might need to leave most of our gear back on the ship, but that shuttle isn't going anywhere, so neither will our stuff."

Hivemind looked meaningfully at Jaken. "So remember where we parked. Just in case, yeah?"

Hivemind looked back up at Rika. "Best go take Jaken and make sure everything's locked up in the ship." He sighed and added, "This... might take a bit."

The droid walked forward towards the security checkpoint and tried going through the metal detector. Naturally, when a person made entirely of metal tries to walk through the metal detector, the entire system starts screaming. A security officer walks up to Hivemind, pulls him aside, and starts using a metal detecting wand... much to Hivemind's frustration. "That isn't going to be helpful!" he tried explaining to the officer.

SeanWolf wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:16 pm Hawk shook his head. "I never even heard of 'ice cream' before', Kaleb, hence my confusion." As Hawk causally glanced out the window, Big Dog returned to his ship, a StorageBot following behind him as he laid a collection of clothing out on the nearby table. "Had to get creative with the wee one's clothing, I'm afraid." He said, referring to Sana, with his rather gentle giant-like voice. "But I think it'll be convincing enough. If not, well, you can always say she's your daughter." Hawk chuckled at Big Dog's little joke while getting up to look over the clothing he picked out so they could blend in with the New Rome citizens as Big Dog pulled out a studded leash and matching collar for Kaleb. "Hopefully, this fits you, lad. Hawk wasn't sure what type of breed you were, so I had to guess."
"Hawk, come in." Hivemind said over comms. "Where are you? You're miles away from your planned LZ. What happened?"
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:17 pm "Ooh," Sana said, "new clothing." She picked up her clobber and moved into the other room to change quickly. She neglected to close the door properly due to being Celican and not really minding people seeing her body. And, of course, as Hawk was supposed to be her husband/mate/whatever, he should probably see it...
Glancing up from the table, Hawk just shook his head and chuckled before returning to getting his outfit selected. "You ain't taking your revolvers, are you?" Big Dog asked, pointing to Hawk's weapons.

"No." He answered. "Too recognizable and too big to be hidden. I'm taking one of my handguns; it's small and I'll be able to easily hide it."
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:50 pm "Hawk, come in." Hivemind said over comms. "Where are you? You're miles away from your planned LZ. What happened?"
His ears soon perked as his ship's communicator went off, excusing himself as he re-entered the cockpit. "This is Hawk, Hivemind." He answered back. "Sorry to report, but thanks to the actions of that reploid, I'm effectively barred from New Rome, so I had to take shelter in a friend's junkyard. We'll link up with the other champions once we're out of the city but, for the time being, all our communicators and trackers will be offline for our safety. I'll contact you once we're out of the city and back with the Champions."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:50 pm "From what I hear of your powers, that makes sense." Eira said, welcoming Tobias along with her. "I don't look like it, but I was a paramedic for the first few years of my Champion career. I've learned to use my powers to identify illness and injury. Already picking up on some infections... malnourishment... fluid in the lungs... tumors... We're going to have our work cut out for us..."

"All the more reason to move quickly. There's a lot of people who need help." Eira said, moving forward towards the nearest illness she can find and coming across an old decrepit store with rotten boards over the door and windows. "Someone's in there. Broken ankle. Swelling. Possible infection. Keep your helmets in full-face mode. I doubt the air around here is safe to breath." she said.
Tobias nodded as he tapped his guitar case, the bottom opening up to drop his guitar into his waiting hands. "Just tell me when and I'll play."
Krytus The Dreamer

SeanWolf wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:16 pm Hawk chuckled at Big Dog's little joke while getting up to look over the clothing he picked out so they could blend in with the New Rome citizens as Big Dog pulled out a studded leash and matching collar for Kaleb. "Hopefully, this fits you, lad. Hawk wasn't sure what type of breed you were, so I had to guess."
As Big dog clicked the collar's buckle into place It embarrassed Kaleb internally to realize that wearing a collar was nothing new for him now. "What no custom tag?" He joked trying to push aside his inhibition "jokes aside, thanks... uh... Big dog."
SeanWolf wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:34 pm
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:50 pm "Hawk, come in." Hivemind said over comms. "Where are you? You're miles away from your planned LZ. What happened?"
His ears soon perked as his ship's communicator went off, excusing himself as he re-entered the cockpit. "This is Hawk, Hivemind." He answered back. "Sorry to report, but thanks to the actions of that reploid, I'm effectively barred from New Rome, so I had to take shelter in a friend's junkyard. We'll link up with the other champions once we're out of the city but, for the time being, all our communicators and trackers will be offline for our safety. I'll contact you once we're out of the city and back with the Champions."
Kaleb gave himself a pre-mission shake to ward off the jitters and spotted the leash that was supposed to go with his collar. With a sigh he picked it up in his maw and followed Hawk to the cockpit, "I'm all set Hawk." Kaleb called after he gently spat the leash onto the co-pilot seat, "all except for the finishing touches. Cause the last thing I need is to wind up in a New Roman Pound. Do you know how hard it is to get adopted from the pound at my age?" Kaleb nodded to the leash.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ooh," Cherry said, sighing as the latest 'attack' receded, "I'll take it." she dabbed her nose. "Got another two months before it passes," she admitted with a smile on her face.
------------------------------------
"Funny how things work," Hannabelle admitted. "I was retired. Got threatened into a job I didn't want to do and met a good lookin' fella who shared my interests. An', before that," she added merrily in the interests of full honesty, "I tried to stab the Lycan with poisoned knitting needles."
-----------------------------------
"If we're lucky," Corp muttered darkly, "some trapped individual who needs our help. If we're not? A deathtrap. Stay close. Least thing we need is mines going off everywhere." He kept the scanners working for power signatures and explosive compounds as they moved.
Jaken walked back to the ship, affecting nonchalance by putting his pure white hands behind his back and almost skipping along with Miss Rika whilst he tried assessing the threat of everyone they passed.
"What you think," Sana asked the 'boys' as she re-entered the room and gave a theatrical spin. "That makes you look tough, Kaleb," she added, nodding to the collar.
"It becomes easy," Jenny said. "The ones with the money build their walls and, after a time, forget the people who live beyond those walls." She gave a wry, half felt, grin. "They don't always see the ones 'amm'ring at the walls."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:17 am "Once or twice," Sarah admitted in words and sign. "Usually after th' fightin's done..."
"Well, this is a first fer us. Sae... Which way? Who will we follow?" Cailean asks. Conall looks around, taking in as much of this foreign planet as he can.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

TheRook259

Post by TheRook259 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken walked back to the ship, affecting nonchalance by putting his pure white hands behind his back and almost skipping along with Miss Rika whilst he tried assessing the threat of everyone they passed.
After a nod of agreement to Hive, Rika followed Jaken to the ship.

At the ship Rika stored her equipment, including the stethoscope around her neck, bar a single green capsule she kept in a pocket (which doesn't have any metal). Once she was ready, she checked on Jaken. "Equipment all accounted for. Everything alright, Jaken?" She asked.

Characters Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken grinned up at Miss Rika. "A'course," he said, feeling pride in helping. "Just tryin' to work out which've the locals will probably try and capture us..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
TheRook259

Post by TheRook259 »

Rika smiled back, yet with a hint of concern. "I don't think that will happen, Jaken. It is good to be wary, though.." she stated calmly, pausing for a moment. "..If anything were to happen, however, the fall-back plan is to get back to this dropship ASAP. No violence, self-defence only. I'm pretty sure nothing will happen, though! We're here as guests, as I said." She finished, adjusting her doctors coat collar before stepping off the ship. "Let's get back to Hive, I don't think security would mess him around for this long."

Characters Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course," Jaken announced, taking courage in Rika's confidence. He was nothing if a bit paranoid after so long hopping starships on the run, so to speak. So he chose to tell her that. Truth was good, after all. "Sorry," he explained, "been pursued for a bit means I'm, uh, trying to look around corners before I... um... come to them," he finished, having lost himself in the line.
Sarah pointed to Corps team. "Bett'r th' devil y'know," she asked with a slight grin.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt just went quiet, seeming to be more focused on his thoughts than on what the others were saying. He switched his helmet to hazard mode, which cause a metallic guard to cover his muzzle, and followed Eira into the old store.
--
"Fair enough." Lewis said as they kept walking, glancing around the ruined landscape. "How did you even afford that resort anyway? Did Hivemind help you pay for it, or did you just have really good stock investments?"

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:34 pm His ears soon perked as his ship's communicator went off, excusing himself as he re-entered the cockpit. "This is Hawk, Hivemind." He answered back. "Sorry to report, but thanks to the actions of that reploid, I'm effectively barred from New Rome, so I had to take shelter in a friend's junkyard. We'll link up with the other champions once we're out of the city but, for the time being, all our communicators and trackers will be offline for our safety. I'll contact you once we're out of the city and back with the Champions."
"Acknowledged." Hivemind said through comms. "I will attempt to monitor your location manually from orbit to the best of my abilities, but I won't be able to keep track of you everywhere if your tracers are offline. If you need assistance, re-establish communications and I'll drop in some support ordinance."

-------------------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:34 pm Tobias nodded as he tapped his guitar case, the bottom opening up to drop his guitar into his waiting hands. "Just tell me when and I'll play."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:22 pm "It becomes easy," Jenny said. "The ones with the money build their walls and, after a time, forget the people who live beyond those walls." She gave a wry, half felt, grin. "They don't always see the ones 'amm'ring at the walls."
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:23 pm Kolt just went quiet, seeming to be more focused on his thoughts than on what the others were saying. He switched his helmet to hazard mode, which cause a metallic guard to cover his muzzle, and followed Eira into the old store.
With the others beside her, Eira walked up to the door and knocked on it three times.

CRASH!!!

With the last rap against the door, the entire thing came crashing down to the filthy floor of what looked like an abandoned convenience store, releasing a cloud of dust. Despite wearing a full face environment helmet, Eira waved the dust out of her face by reflex. "Oops. Looks like this place hasn't been in business for years."

She walked into the building, feeling around with her aquakinetic sense for any more injured people. In the meantime, she pointed out things she noticed. "Fire damage." she said, pointing at the blackened walls and ashes on the rotten tile floor. "Burn patterns suggest an accelerant was used. Arson. Reminds me of one of my Dad's rogues. Psychopath with a fireproof suit and a flamethrower. Careful where you step, I'm not sure if the fire damaged any supports."

Eira walked up to a door to the back storage area and tried to open it, but it was locked. "Hey Kolt, have you ever used telekinesis to open a lock? I'd break it down, but I don't want to startle anyone back there if they're as injured as they feel."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:22 pm "Ooh," Cherry said, sighing as the latest 'attack' receded, "I'll take it." she dabbed her nose. "Got another two months before it passes," she admitted with a smile on her face.
"Checking..." Hivemind said. "There's an opening today, but it's in the Canopy. A district meant for tree-dwelling species. Pretty awesome sight to see, houses and buildings built right into the trunks and on the branches of supermassive trees. Earliest opening in the Capitol District's doctors' offices is tomorrow."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:22 pm "Funny how things work," Hannabelle admitted. "I was retired. Got threatened into a job I didn't want to do and met a good lookin' fella who shared my interests. An', before that," she added merrily in the interests of full honesty, "I tried to stab the Lycan with poisoned knitting needles."
"Ah don't envy the bite ya must've gotten for tryin' that." Gear commented, looking up at the water tower once they reached it. He fired a cable out of a launcher on his wrist, wrapped it around the rusty ladder, then pulled it down. "Lycan venom ain't no joke. Its a gift from the aspects of Fear, Terror, an' Anxiety. Hear stories of that stuff knockin' down gods an' demons an' immortals."
Legotron123 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:23 pm "Fair enough." Lewis said as they kept walking, glancing around the ruined landscape. "How did you even afford that resort anyway? Did Hivemind help you pay for it, or did you just have really good stock investments?"
"Hive helped a little. Resort acts as a safehouse of sorts." Gear said, starting the climb up the rusty ladder. "Watch yer step. Anyway, he's got it listed as a base of operations for them humanitarian missions. Givin' food an' medicine, that kinda thing. Also's got an emergency shelter under it to protect from hurricanes and the like. Under that? Champion Base of Operations. Though it ain't used, its there for Champions to use in a planetary emergency."

Gear reached the top of the water tower and lowered one of his cables down to the others to help them climb up. "But, I paid for most of it. You've seen what Champions get paid for somethin' like, say, savin' the world from a Varanian invasion or stoppin' a power grab conspiracy. All y'all are multi-millionaires now."

"Champions ain't greedy. We don't make people pay us when we save 'em. But sometimes we iron out a deal with a world government. Somethin' like gettin' paid half a percent of the value of what we save. It adds up when ya save a whole city from gettin' leveled, an' really adds up when ya save a whole planet or civilization. Basically, in the process of savin' lives, we incidentally save money. Sometimes a local government will give a chunk of what we save 'em in construction an' repair costs an' military equipment an' insurance to us as a donation to help keep us goin'. Hive puts some into R&D for more effective gear, some into training, some into 'hero insurance', and some into pay an' benefits for Champions."
Gear explained.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:22 pm "If we're lucky," Corp muttered darkly, "some trapped individual who needs our help. If we're not? A deathtrap. Stay close. Least thing we need is mines going off everywhere." He kept the scanners working for power signatures and explosive compounds as they moved.
Recon nodded and followed close behind Corp while Titan covered the rear. It wasn't too long before something sprinted across the road at the intersection ahead of them. It was a sort of reptilian alien with a slender build and frills on its neck, and it was running like the devil was after it.

TheRook259 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:24 am Rika smiled back, yet with a hint of concern. "I don't think that will happen, Jaken. It is good to be wary, though.." she stated calmly, pausing for a moment. "..If anything were to happen, however, the fall-back plan is to get back to this dropship ASAP. No violence, self-defence only. I'm pretty sure nothing will happen, though! We're here as guests, as I said." She finished, adjusting her doctors coat collar before stepping off the ship. "Let's get back to Hive, I don't think security would mess him around for this long."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:58 am "Of course," Jaken announced, taking courage in Rika's confidence. He was nothing if a bit paranoid after so long hopping starships on the run, so to speak. So he chose to tell her that. Truth was good, after all. "Sorry," he explained, "been pursued for a bit means I'm, uh, trying to look around corners before I... um... come to them," he finished, having lost himself in the line.
Hivemind was still being hassled by the guard with the metal detector when the two get back while another guard checked something on the computer. Eventually, the guard on the computer called the first guard over. After the two discussed something, exchanging looks of confusion with each other in the process, they waved Hivemind through the checkpoint.

"Looks like you've, uh, been pre-approved. Sorry for the delay, sir."

The droid shook his head exasperatedly, then moved through and waited for Jaken and Rika.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp put out a hand. "Don't chase him... or her," he advised. "Good chance it's bait." Carefully, slowly, he headed towards where the creature had gone.
-----------------------------------------------
"Think he's almost forgiven me," Hannabelle muttered, following Gear to the tower. She waited whilst he brought the ladder down. "Vixens and... whatever he is first," she asked, indicating Lewis before taking hold of the ladder and belying her age with how she climbed.
--------------------------------------------
"Yeah," Jenny posited, taking a curious look at the lock in the shop. "Looks pickable but can't say it's not trapped." She looked around, her tail twitching. "I doubt they've locked themselves in. They'd have taken some of this food in with them if they had." She frowned. "Which leads to a worse question. Why haven't they tried to break out?"
------------------------------------------
Cherry sniffed. "I'll take the, uh, one tomorrow." She did her best grin. "Don't want to sneeze myself off a liana, do I?"
-------------------------------------------
Jaken trotted in with Miss Rika, hands still behind his back. He gave a slightly theatrical bow to the guard as they passed through, smirking slightly as he bent at the waist.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:22 pm "What you think," Sana asked the 'boys' as she re-entered the room and gave a theatrical spin. "That makes you look tough, Kaleb," she added, nodding to the collar.
Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:21 am Kaleb gave himself a pre-mission shake to ward off the jitters and spotted the leash that was supposed to go with his collar. With a sigh he picked it up in his maw and followed Hawk to the cockpit, "I'm all set Hawk." Kaleb called after he gently spat the leash onto the co-pilot seat, "all except for the finishing touches. Cause the last thing I need is to wind up in a New Roman Pound. Do you know how hard it is to get adopted from the pound at my age?" Kaleb nodded to the leash.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:19 pm "Acknowledged." Hivemind said through comms. "I will attempt to monitor your location manually from orbit to the best of my abilities, but I won't be able to keep track of you everywhere if your tracers are offline. If you need assistance, re-establish communications and I'll drop in some support ordinance."
"Roger that. Don't worry, we'll be safe." Switching off the comms, Hawk looked over at Kaleb. "Looking pretty good!" He said as he adjusted Kaleb's collar a bit and hooking the strap to him, then looking up at Sana. "And you look good too...sorry, I'm bad at compliments."

"Well, I think she makes a great wife for you." Big Dog chuckled before showing them the route he planned out for them: "You'll be going through the lower market area here. Not too busy, even on good days, and the New Rome Security rarely checks that area, so you'll be able to stroll through like you're a normal citizen. Once you get to this bridge?" He pointed at the spot on the map. "You wanna take a left down this road and into this alley. I'll have one of my droids waiting there with your Champion Gear and open the sewer grate up for you..."

"Sewer grate?" Hawk asked.

"Yea, only way to get beyond the walls here safely without having security after you. Once inside, just follow the river and you'll be outside in no time. Don't worry, me and my boys here will keep your ship safe."