Non-HPU: Crater City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ronan instinctively tries to duck under the water as the bullet whizzes past, but doesn't get too far as he hits the bottom. He turns to glance in the direction the shot had come from and then spots Tigress and Fenrir with the Leviathan. He looks for a moment like he's going to join them, and then is distracted by Mordecai shoving past and Shifting up. Suddenly torn between two battles and his desire to bring the fishermen to justice, he freezes and hesitates, head swivelling, then looks to Mark for guidance. It's clear he's a civilian despite his connections to the KDF.

~~~~~~~~
"I think so. He's not out of the woods but he's definitely stable enough to move now. Thanks, Mist. And how are you feeling now?" Ted asks the teenager, aware that he may potentially now have two patients on his paws.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:37 pm "Right," Julian said, nodding and being careful not to knock Traci off. He looked towards the train lines. "I think Saint Beretta Molla Hospital is our best bet, Traci? Sir, you may want to tell them we're coming." So saying, he started off. "How's your first day going," he asked Traci with amusement.
The former colonel started climbing down when he found himself being snatched by the jaws of Cerberus's left head. The canine Kaiju carefully lifted the Colonel up and placed him on top of the middle head. The ex-colonel gripped his chest and laughed. "Forgot how much this job relied on trust! I'll call the hospital, then see you at the railyard."

Once Cerberus and the Colonel ran off, Traci answered. "It's been pretty exciting! I couldn't get into the HQ though, so I had to hang out at the Cafe. I had a nice chat with Amy, but then I got the call to head down here and help out! Said my partner was a Fox colossus with a mask."

When they got to the Hospital, Traci hooked a cable on Julian's shirt and rappelled down with some surprisingly practiced skill. The paramedics were already preparing ambulances, and Traci worked with them to help get them ready faster. Once they were done, she motioned for Julian to pick her back up.

"Everyone's ready, Mr. Tall And Handsome. Let's get going!" she said with a wink.

------------------------------------------------------
Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:34 pm Richer reeled back from the resulting explosion.

"R-Right!" Richter responded, "I'll be more careful."

Keeping a more careful watch on his target Richter began spreading his power to more of the surrounding landscape to replace the lost lava in the attack. As he moved through the lake to spread it wider, Richter occasionally lobbed more motes at Pestilence trying to get it to change directions.
Pestilence stopped where it was. It seemed to be thinking about something, assuming it still had any brain matter in it's skull left to think with. It turned it's rotten head to the north, then the south, before looking forward again. It's organs rippled and vibrated as it let out a low, hollow growl. Then, it proceeded forward towards Richter and his lava lake.

Pestilence reeled when one of the motes of lava struck it's face, causing it's miasma to ignite in a fiery explosion just below it's left eye socket, but it recovered and continued forward. Wildfire dove down and blasted it with his fire breath, burning the ground in front of it to create a wall of fire. The corpse Kaiju ignited like a bonfire, but continued it's march forward.

"Look out! It's trying to brute-force it's way through!" Wildfire called out to Richter.

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:34 pm "We should be fine here for the time being," Mark sighed to Ronan "Go ah-

The sound of breaking glass and a bullet hitting concrete cut Mark off causing him to tackle the nearest other witness into safe cover before any more shots could be fired. Instantly he brought out his trigger for the smoke bomb but managed to stay his hand. There was still too much he didn't know. How many people were shooting at him? Mark looked to the spot where the bullet landed and only saw one, but there wasn't the familiar sound of gunfire, the enemy must be using a silencer. Without the sound of the gunfire it was hard to tell what kind of gun he was being shot with and therefore couldn't figure out their maximum/minimum distance. At the very least he could tell where the bullet came from, but he couldn't tell from what angle without compromising his position. He could obscure the shooter's vision but his smoke bombs were initially there if anybody tried to crash through the windows but detonating them now would cut off his ability to shoot back. Ronan's body was sticking out the side of the building so of course, they'd know a Kaiju was with him. What sort of Anti-Kaiju measures did they have in place?

Mark was inundated with unknowns and it made him hesitant to act. Still, Mark knew full well that the priority was the witnesses so he knew he couldn't leave them behind. Instead Mark focused on what he could do, and the highest of importance on that list was to call for help.

"Colonel!" Mark urgently brought his hand up to his ear to activate his coms, "We're under fire! I repeat! We're under fire! We don't have eyes on the shooter but we're pinned down. Judging from the angle whoever it is intended to kill the captain. I'm requesting backup in case there are more shooters that have us surrounded."

"Mordecai Sir!" Mark yelled out as he pointed to the offending window, "It's coming from over there! Number of enemies unknown, max/min distance unknown, I'm calling for backup but what do we do until help arrives."
"Hold them off! I'm getting on a chopper!" Heather said, marching off towards the HQ Helipad. "ETA, ten minutes!"
SeanWolf wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:10 pm Huddled up against the wall, Mordecai looked over at the where the shot landed. Looks like whoever hired them is trying to silence them, he thought as he peaked out from cover. Another shot rang out, this one whizzing by his head by a mere inch and causing him to swear a little but, at the same time, giving him an idea. It was risky as he wasn't sure if it'd work, but he wasn't going to let anyone die today, not even the idiots who wanted to kill the city. "Mark!" he shouted as he tossed him his button shirt, revealing a rather impressive six-pack underneath, along with his phone and wallet. "You protect the fisherman and keep them safe! I'm going to give our sniper out there something else to shoot at!" With a cracking of his neck, Mordecai sprinted out from the safety of the building and, for some reason known only to him, dove into the ocean as a third shot cracked the sky. Though it was quiet, the silence was soon to be broken. For the ocean where he dove began to bubble and rumble. Very soon, like a classic movie monster, a massive horse creature emerged from the depths, it's roar echoing throughout the city. Standing before all to see was a Tikbalang and it wasn't happy. Looking to where the shots came from, the tikbalang grinned and made a 'bring it' gesture towards whoever fired the shots.
Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:30 pm "wait thats..!" Was all Mark could say before the shirt harmlessly smacked his face followed by a wallet and phone hitting him in the chest.

Thankfully he was reactive enough to catch the two items, but when Mark removed the shirt from his face Mordecai was already out the door. Carefully Mark maneuvered through what cover he had to get an angle on Mordecai as he ran. Two, maybe three shots. Mark wracked his mind desperately trying to calculate the angle of the bullets trying to hit Mordecai. Since they were focused on Mordecai now, Mark peeked through the window trying to see which of the buildings the sniper could be located in.
The shots towards Mordecai stopped the moment he went into the water, and did not resume attacking that particular target. Instead, another shot cracked through the window and punched a hole in the boat the captain was hiding under. He let out a rather high pitched scream as the bullet whipped past his ear, showering him in wooden splinters from the boat.

"Someone block that guy's line of sight! This boat ain't bulletproof, I need somewhere to hide!"

There was a glint of light from the dry brush right below where the helicopter had hovered before. Another shot rang out.

"AUGH!" the shot went through the boat again, glancing the Captain's arm. "I'm hit!"

DdeeStar wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:51 am Her voice is stuck in her throat. Without a word she pushes alongside the waves, trudging towards the threat. Initially, she keeps a clear space, circling along with growing speed as she gets farther from her backup until the engagement is parallel to the shore. This way she wouldn't be knocked into the boardwalk on a good hit, but she wouldn't block a retreat. And if she was lucky, a stray wave would throw it off balance and give her a shot at the head. She'd just need to stay out of their range herself. Now... A soft laugh spills from her, set in a defensive stance as she cranes her neck upward. Something she'd... never had to do before. "<^^>." She growls, the challenging grin growing across her muzzle as the spear is brought to a ready position. Planting her stance, she glares up at the serpent and roars "ALRIGHT! Let's see what color you bleed, Nagaraja!", charging forward with the blade held down in preparation for an opening.
Struggling against the wind, the Leviathan turned it's head towards Tigress and hissed viciously. It dove backwards, slipping back beneath the waves. It's shadow rushed forward towards Tigress before it's head burst from the water, jaws wide enough for Tigress to stand in.

Fenrir's wind turned into something more. He was letting out a long, loud, sustained howl that sent waves through the sea and rammed the Leviathan's head with sonic waves that hit like a freight train. The great snake reeled and snapped, just barely missing Tigress's head.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:11 pm "I think so. He's not out of the woods but he's definitely stable enough to move now. Thanks, Mist. And how are you feeling now?" Ted asks the teenager, aware that he may potentially now have two patients on his paws.
"Fine." His response is automatic, careless. His tail flicks once behind him, a sudden but smooth motion. "Better." He offers with a muted smile, pulling his attention back to the Roc. The missing wounds... it was an incredible power, one he'd trade his curse for in a heartbeat. Finally, he retakes his footing with a shake of his head and an unnecessarily forceful push upright. It was time to move. "Co-Colonel!" With a quick motion the glove is removed and dropped in his pocket, completely disregarding whatever hygiene precautions he was supposed to be focused on. "Where do you need me? How do I get there?"
CyberDragon wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:37 pm Struggling against the wind, the Leviathan turned it's head towards Tigress and hissed viciously. It dove backwards, slipping back beneath the waves. It's shadow rushed forward towards Tigress before it's head burst from the water, jaws wide enough for Tigress to stand in.

Fenrir's wind turned into something more. He was letting out a long, loud, sustained howl that sent waves through the sea and rammed the Leviathan's head with sonic waves that hit like a freight train. The great snake reeled and snapped, just barely missing Tigress's head.
As the monster dives backward her charge slows to a waterlogged stop. Tigress watches the glow beneath the water's soft field with absolute focus, the gunshots nearby nothing to her. Her stance shifts, preparing for an unlikely tail slam with a lowered center of gravity when the head bursts from the water. Her prepared strike swings in a mighty arc upwards, no longer threatening the center of the face but rather the beast's aptly-named chin shields. A low growl is the entirety of her response as she realizes her counterattack has been disturbed, but she drives her full strength into the rising crescent regardless, trying to drive the edge into its neck.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Krytus The Dreamer

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:37 pm Pestilence stopped where it was. It seemed to be thinking about something, assuming it still had any brain matter in it's skull left to think with. It turned it's rotten head to the north, then the south, before looking forward again. It's organs rippled and vibrated as it let out a low, hollow growl. Then, it proceeded forward towards Richter and his lava lake.

Pestilence reeled when one of the motes of lava struck it's face, causing it's miasma to ignite in a fiery explosion just below it's left eye socket, but it recovered and continued forward. Wildfire dove down and blasted it with his fire breath, burning the ground in front of it to create a wall of fire. The corpse Kaiju ignited like a bonfire, but continued it's march forward.

"Look out! It's trying to brute-force it's way through!" Wildfire called out to Richter.
Richter watched in awe as the massive beast, despite the pain it was going through, was managing to plow through the lava hazard he had set up. There had to be something he could do, if it continued then it would reach the city and harm millions of people and zoomorphs. Then it hit him. Pestilence was taking damage from standing and walking through the fire. All he had to do now was hold it in place and let the flames do the rest.

"COVER ME!" Richter yelled to Wildfire, "IF I DO THIS I WON'T BE ABLE TO MOVE!"

Digging deep into his energy reserves, Richter slammed his foot into the ground to create a dome of earth over himself. Then with his Seismic sense was able to pinpoint one of Pestilence's hind legs. Richter took a deep breath and unleashed a massive display of his power by slamming both his fists into the ground to cause a large earthen hand to form from the magma and grab Pestilence's hind leg. Immediately Richter felt Pestilence push back but Richter let out a guttural roar as he endeavored to hold Pestilence in the middle of his lava lake.

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:37 pm The shots towards Mordecai stopped the moment he went into the water, and did not resume attacking that particular target. Instead, another shot cracked through the window and punched a hole in the boat the captain was hiding under. He let out a rather high pitched scream as the bullet whipped past his ear, showering him in wooden splinters from the boat.

"Someone block that guy's line of sight! This boat ain't bulletproof, I need somewhere to hide!"

There was a glint of light from the dry brush right below where the helicopter had hovered before. Another shot rang out.

"AUGH!" the shot went through the boat again, glancing the Captain's arm. "I'm hit!"
It was brief, but Mark saw it. The slight glint of where the possible shooter might be hiding. The captain's screams were finally enough to snap Mark out of his thoughts. Regardless of whether or not he was ready his opponents were taking action and Mark needed to do something. One more time Mark took stock of his surroundings first thing first the captain needed his injury to be taken care of before it becomes an even bigger problem. Mark waited for a lul in their shooting and after five shots, Mark noticed a large enough gap to slip through cover and underneath the boat. He took Mordecai's shirt and bit down on one end to tear it in half to get rid of any excess fabric. He took one of the scraps and wrapped it around the injured party's bullet wound. All while bullets continued to rain down on them.

Once it was secured enough Mark brought up an app on his phone linked to his detonator, to make sure he was only going to detonate the smoke bombs on the side of the building bullet fire was coming form. As soon as the app had done its job Mark poked his head out of cover

"Everyone! Listen up! this place isn't safe for us we're easy targets down here and we need to move now!" He turned to Ronan, "Ro-, ugh- Kelpie! Tell the Mayor I saw the Sniper's nest! It's up there!" Mark points to the building that glinted, "Once we see both of you engage I'll detonate the smoke bombs and use the combined cover to run somewhere else safe!"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Surprised you don't call me 'Cliff'," Julian replied with a grin as he knelt to help Tracie back up to his shoulder before gently, carefully, picking up each of the ambulances between thumb and finger and putting them on his other palm until it was full. Then he carefully stood up and took the last up in a similar fashion. "Right, pretty lady, let's go catch a train yard, eh?" It was intriguing, he thought. Now he wasn't needing to keep the secret from people he liked, he was having a little fun being a Kaiju. Pity others of his build were busy showing others why they should be feared... He set off towards the Train yards, hoping he wasn't scaring anyone in the ambulances as he tried to make sure he didn't step on too many bungalows.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

However, Sleipnir, too, saw the brief glint of light, possibly showing where the shooter was at the moment. Now, all he needed to do was to find a way to flush the sniper out for Mark to handle and do it in a way that wouldn't bring harm to anyone. But what was he going to do? He first thought of simply reaching over and picking the sniper up as if he was a action figure, but that seemed too easy. He then thought of pointing the sniper out to Mark so he could handle him. Good plan there, except who's to say the sniper would then run off? He then thought about reaching down and sending a wave of water towards the sniper, but that ran the risk of collateral damage, something he didn't need on his soul at the moment. In fact, every idea he had presented either more issues or, worse, result in death.

"Right now, my priority is the safety of mankind." Sleipnir thought as he focused on where Mark and the boaters were. "And right now? I gotta get those guys to safety." Slowly, the giant Tikbalang leaned down to where Mark and the others were, the one shipmate looking like he was going to have a heart-attack from the sight. He laid his giant hand in front of the entrance and motioned, while mouthing the words, for them to get on. His plan now was to get them far away from both the sniper and the oncoming Leviathan and somewhere safe.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Krytus The Dreamer

Mark's mind raced a mile a minute, but what he didn't expect was to see Mordecai's Kaiju form gesturing for them to get on. In a rare moment of quick decision making Mark took the chance to run out of cover and towards the large Tikbalang. Once outside Mark used the grappling hook mounted on his off-hand to launch a hook that latched onto the side of the building he was just hiding in. The mechanism built into his suit then began retracting the wire pulling Mark up slightly above Mordecai's head allowing the tigerdog to safely land on the Tikbalang's shoulder. Quickly he then had his sniper rifle at the ready and began shooting at the sniper's nest. He wasn't able to hit the shooter but he wasn't intending to. Mark only needed to lay down cover fire for the less experienced fishermen to run to Modercai's protection.

"GO! GO! GO!" Mark yelled as he ejected a spent round and cocked in the next one.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ronan nods in acknowledgement of Mark's instruction, but knowing the sniper's nest is too far from shore and too high for him to be able to actually do anything about them, he decides to turn his attention to the leviathan. Besides, Mordecai has the situation with the captives well in hand. Snickering to himself at his pun, the kelpie stays long enough to make sure all the men board the Tikbalang and don't try to flee before swimming out to Tigress and Fenrir.

Seeing the massive gaping maw, he launches a jet of supercooled water straight between the jaws, trying to freeze the tongue, uvula and throat. The water will instantly freeze and coat whatever flesh it hits in a layer of ice an inch thick, if Ronan's aim is true.

~~~~~~~~
Pleased with the teenager, Ted shifts his attention to moving the Roc onto a back board so he can be transported to the medical wing.
"Mist! Keep that IV bag up! We can't let it flow backwards!" he reminds his helper sharply.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:06 pm "Fine." His response is automatic, careless. His tail flicks once behind him, a sudden but smooth motion. "Better." He offers with a muted smile, pulling his attention back to the Roc. The missing wounds... it was an incredible power, one he'd trade his curse for in a heartbeat. Finally, he retakes his footing with a shake of his head and an unnecessarily forceful push upright. It was time to move. "Co-Colonel!" With a quick motion the glove is removed and dropped in his pocket, completely disregarding whatever hygiene precautions he was supposed to be focused on. "Where do you need me? How do I get there?"
Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:08 pm Pleased with the teenager, Ted shifts his attention to moving the Roc onto a back board so he can be transported to the medical wing.
"Mist! Keep that IV bag up! We can't let it flow backwards!" he reminds his helper sharply.
"Lieutenant!" Heather calls out to a human surveying the damage to the second floor. "That can wait. Take over for Mist."

She then addresses Mist. "Follow me to the helicopter, Private. We're going to the coast. We have people under fire from an unknown sniper and a giant snake on a warpath towards the city."

----------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:06 pm As the monster dives backward her charge slows to a waterlogged stop. Tigress watches the glow beneath the water's soft field with absolute focus, the gunshots nearby nothing to her. Her stance shifts, preparing for an unlikely tail slam with a lowered center of gravity when the head bursts from the water. Her prepared strike swings in a mighty arc upwards, no longer threatening the center of the face but rather the beast's aptly-named chin shields. A low growl is the entirety of her response as she realizes her counterattack has been disturbed, but she drives her full strength into the rising crescent regardless, trying to drive the edge into its neck.
Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:08 pm Ronan nods in acknowledgement of Mark's instruction, but knowing the sniper's nest is too far from shore and too high for him to be able to actually do anything about them, he decides to turn his attention to the leviathan. Besides, Mordecai has the situation with the captives well in hand. Snickering to himself at his pun, the kelpie stays long enough to make sure all the men board the Tikbalang and don't try to flee before swimming out to Tigress and Fenrir.

Seeing the massive gaping maw, he launches a jet of supercooled water straight between the jaws, trying to freeze the tongue, uvula and throat. The water will instantly freeze and coat whatever flesh it hits in a layer of ice an inch thick, if Ronan's aim is true.
The snake is about to lunge forward to bite Tigress when the frigid water blasted it and filled it's maw with ice. It thrashed and tried crushing the ice with pure bite force when the spear struck it's throat. The weapon met resistance with the serpent's scales, but broke through and drew blood before the snake recoiled away from the improvised blade.

As it dove backwards, it's tail swung forwards straight at Tigress and Ronan, sending a wave out towards shore.

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:23 pm Richter watched in awe as the massive beast, despite the pain it was going through, was managing to plow through the lava hazard he had set up. There had to be something he could do, if it continued then it would reach the city and harm millions of people and zoomorphs. Then it hit him. Pestilence was taking damage from standing and walking through the fire. All he had to do now was hold it in place and let the flames do the rest.

"COVER ME!" Richter yelled to Wildfire, "IF I DO THIS I WON'T BE ABLE TO MOVE!"

Digging deep into his energy reserves, Richter slammed his foot into the ground to create a dome of earth over himself. Then with his Seismic sense was able to pinpoint one of Pestilence's hind legs. Richter took a deep breath and unleashed a massive display of his power by slamming both his fists into the ground to cause a large earthen hand to form from the magma and grab Pestilence's hind leg. Immediately Richter felt Pestilence push back but Richter let out a guttural roar as he endeavored to hold Pestilence in the middle of his lava lake.
Pestilence attempted to march straight through the lava pit, and seemed to be making progress when the stone bindings grabbed it's legs. The giant Elder Kaiju stumbled forward onto all fours, causing it's hands to burst into flame on contact with the lava.

Seeing what Richter was doing, Wildfire swooped in, blasting the mountains with bursts of green flame. Massive vine-like growths, tangled and woven together into thick rope-like strands with the diameter of a water tower tank, sprung out from the trees and wrapped themselves around Pestilence's rotting body, tying it in place. The heat of the lava ignited the 'ropes' but they were thick enough to last for the purpose of restraining Pestilence.

Pestilence, overwhelmed from the heat of the lava, the fire engulfing it from its burning miasma, and the bindings from the two smaller Kaiju, collapsed forward, falling face-first into the pool of lava. It's body burned until no miasma remained, and it's blackened body lay still. The burnt smell quickly overwhelmed the scent of decay.

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:23 pm It was brief, but Mark saw it. The slight glint of where the possible shooter might be hiding. The captain's screams were finally enough to snap Mark out of his thoughts. Regardless of whether or not he was ready his opponents were taking action and Mark needed to do something. One more time Mark took stock of his surroundings first thing first the captain needed his injury to be taken care of before it becomes an even bigger problem. Mark waited for a lul in their shooting and after five shots, Mark noticed a large enough gap to slip through cover and underneath the boat. He took Mordecai's shirt and bit down on one end to tear it in half to get rid of any excess fabric. He took one of the scraps and wrapped it around the injured party's bullet wound. All while bullets continued to rain down on them.

Once it was secured enough Mark brought up an app on his phone linked to his detonator, to make sure he was only going to detonate the smoke bombs on the side of the building bullet fire was coming form. As soon as the app had done its job Mark poked his head out of cover

"Everyone! Listen up! this place isn't safe for us we're easy targets down here and we need to move now!" He turned to Ronan, "Ro-, ugh- Kelpie! Tell the Mayor I saw the Sniper's nest! It's up there!" Mark points to the building that glinted, "Once we see both of you engage I'll detonate the smoke bombs and use the combined cover to run somewhere else safe!"
SeanWolf wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:05 pm However, Sleipnir, too, saw the brief glint of light, possibly showing where the shooter was at the moment. Now, all he needed to do was to find a way to flush the sniper out for Mark to handle and do it in a way that wouldn't bring harm to anyone. But what was he going to do? He first thought of simply reaching over and picking the sniper up as if he was a action figure, but that seemed too easy. He then thought of pointing the sniper out to Mark so he could handle him. Good plan there, except who's to say the sniper would then run off? He then thought about reaching down and sending a wave of water towards the sniper, but that ran the risk of collateral damage, something he didn't need on his soul at the moment. In fact, every idea he had presented either more issues or, worse, result in death.

"Right now, my priority is the safety of mankind." Sleipnir thought as he focused on where Mark and the boaters were. "And right now? I gotta get those guys to safety." Slowly, the giant Tikbalang leaned down to where Mark and the others were, the one shipmate looking like he was going to have a heart-attack from the sight. He laid his giant hand in front of the entrance and motioned, while mouthing the words, for them to get on. His plan now was to get them far away from both the sniper and the oncoming Leviathan and somewhere safe.
One of the fishermen ran for Sleipnir's hand and climbed in, going prone and taking cover behind one of his fingers. George ran over and helped Frank. The two ran to the giant hand and climbed on, George helping Frank up due to the latter's arm having a bullet wound.

The sniper knew he no longer had a shot, and he couldn't get a line of sight on the fishermen without getting sniped himself. He pulled his rifle back into the brush and moved to hide in some of the overgrowth on the hill, his Ghillie suit making it nearly impossible to see his new location.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:38 am "Surprised you don't call me 'Cliff'," Julian replied with a grin as he knelt to help Tracie back up to his shoulder before gently, carefully, picking up each of the ambulances between thumb and finger and putting them on his other palm until it was full. Then he carefully stood up and took the last up in a similar fashion. "Right, pretty lady, let's go catch a train yard, eh?" It was intriguing, he thought. Now he wasn't needing to keep the secret from people he liked, he was having a little fun being a Kaiju. Pity others of his build were busy showing others why they should be feared... He set off towards the Train yards, hoping he wasn't scaring anyone in the ambulances as he tried to make sure he didn't step on too many bungalows.
Most of the buildings in South City aren't very tall, so from Julian's height he can already see the Cerberus in the distance, sniffing around a bunch of storage containers at the train yard.

The massive canine Kaiju grabbed some of the shipping containers that were stacked on top of others with his jaws and moved them aside to get to some of the containers underneath. "They're in this stack." the center head spoke while the other two moved shipping containers out of the way. "Near the bottom, but be careful, and be quick. Make sure those paramedics are prepared for when we open the containers."
-Champion Motto

Krytus The Dreamer

Richter felt the topple of Pestilence but just to be sure kept up his hold to the best of his abilities. When he finally felt no movement come from Pestilence Richter moved to the edge of his dome and punched it. Due to his exhausted and weakened state it took a few good tries before finally it came down allowing the massive Kaiju to stumble from his shelter.

"W-We did it." Richter celebrated as he fell to his knees, and shifted down, "Hooray..." He said weakly before passing out and immediately snoring loudly.

"They stopped?" Mark gasped in surprise when he noticed the large gap of no return fire "Where did they go?"

Mark's ears then perked at the sound of rushing water. Instinctively he turned around and saw the wave coming towards them, panic flooding his eyes, "MORDECAI SIR, WE NEED TO GET TO HIGHER GROUND! NOW!"
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:31 pm One of the fishermen ran for Sleipnir's hand and climbed in, going prone and taking cover behind one of his fingers. George ran over and helped Frank. The two ran to the giant hand and climbed on, George helping Frank up due to the latter's arm having a bullet wound.

The sniper knew he no longer had a shot, and he couldn't get a line of sight on the fishermen without getting sniped himself. He pulled his rifle back into the brush and moved to hide in some of the overgrowth on the hill, his Ghillie suit making it nearly impossible to see his new location.
Although it was tempting to turn the fishermen into strawberry jam at that moment, Sleipnir tossed that negative thought into the trash and carefully cupped his giant paws together, leaving enough of a opening to let air in so they wouldn't roast or lose air but not enough for anyone, like a sniper, to fire at. With Mark on his shoulder (along with a casual glance to see if he still had his stuff he gave him), the giant Tikabalang turned away from the direction of the shooter and began trudging through the waters for a safe area. That safe area literately being the hotel he was staying at as, for the moment, it was far enough away from area the leviathan was currently attacking.

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:14 pm Mark's ears then perked at the sound of rushing water. Instinctively he turned around and saw the wave coming towards them, panic flooding his eyes, "MORDECAI SIR, WE NEED TO GET TO HIGHER GROUND! NOW!"
Turning and seeing the wave, Sleipnir, nodding at Mark, stepped out of the water and ran as if a demon was behind him, making sure not to hit any buildings as he did. After a few literal moments of running (One advantage to being a Kaiju: Bigger steps equal less time walking), Sleipnir, spotting the balcony that connected to his hotel room, opened his hands up and gently placed the fishermen on the balcony, followed by lifting Mark up from his shoulders and placed him next to the fishermen. With the people he was carrying now safe, for the time being, Sleipnir placed a finger softly on the balcony and, to everyone's surprise, shifted back down to his usual form of that of Mordecai, pulling himself up as he hung off the balcony's ledge (a bit of a miscalculation on his part, honestly).

"That was too close!" He said to Mark before walking over to Frank and offering his hand to him. "Let's get you inside and patched up."
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:08 pm Pleased with the teenager, Ted shifts his attention to moving the Roc onto a back board so he can be transported to the medical wing.
CyberDragon wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:31 pm "Lieutenant!" Heather calls out to a human surveying the damage to the second floor. "That can wait. Take over for Mist."

She then addresses Mist. "Follow me to the helicopter, Private. We're going to the coast. We have people under fire from an unknown sniper and a giant snake on a warpath towards the city."
"Oh! Y-Sorry." He responds, drawing it up from the natural waist level to his collar. Heather's response pulls his attention back, and he hands the bag up to the ordered individual. He takes a moment to add "Sorry Mister-Doctor, but Mom, she..." His voice gains an uneasy edge as he concludes "You've met her." with a shake of his head, trying to shake off images of both her loss and her victory over whatever battle she was in. The mage quickly recovers, leaving the assistance to the lieutenant and making his way to his commanding officer.
CyberDragon wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:31 pm The snake is about to lunge forward to bite Tigress when the frigid water blasted it and filled it's maw with ice. It thrashed and tried crushing the ice with pure bite force when the spear struck it's throat. The weapon met resistance with the serpent's scales, but broke through and drew blood before the snake recoiled away from the improvised blade.

As it dove backwards, it's tail swung forwards straight at Tigress and Ronan, sending a wave out towards shore.
With the addition of yet another interloper's effects, this time harder to ignore as a vibrant blast of Cold invades her senses, she leaves the snake's retreat unharassed. The blade hangs upright as she takes a single, solemn breath, letting the crashing Raw Energy part before her in the follow-through of the swing. Eyes locked on the snake, her awareness spreads, recognizing the presence of another monstrous being. One that, if it had been aiming at her, missed terribly. It wasn't any real threat. Her claws drum against the primitive spear, pressing at her thoughts. I'm annoying it. At best. It needs to know I can hurt it. I can't chase it when it runs, though. It's faster than me here, but... snakes. The actual plan she had been playing with was still an option, even if it was less fun.

The spear leaps into the air as she quickly shifts her stance, holding it from underneath and turning her shoulder to the snake. She scans its position, watching the head and tail bob and flail through the water. A cruel grin appears, formed from grit fangs. Snakes can't jump. Her tail flicks back, forewarning her shifting weight before it's all forced forward with a mighty step and full-body toss of the spear aimed just below the water's surface on the snake. The heft nearly takes her off her feet, the improper projectile tearing bark along her palm as it soars away from her.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Right-ho," Julian said, placing the vehicles and peoples down before working his way through the containers. "Tracie," he ventured, "better you tell them than I, eh? Also, prepare yourself. Containers full of the sick aren't going to be pleasant, I'm afraid..." He set to the task of finding them, quickly as possible.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ronan swears as the wave washes past him. He quickly gets ahead of it and calls up his power. He gets to work creating rough piles of ice on and around the pier, spitting it against everything he can, to break up and redirect wave once it hits. At the same time he uses his powers of water manipulation to push back against the wave, hoping to slow it enough to mitigate the damage. He knows he's not strong enough to stop the wave so he just prays he can do enough in the few seconds he has

~~~~~~~~
Ted assures Mist that he understands and it's okay for him to go, and then hurries his casualty off to the medical wing for proper treatment.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:14 pm Richter felt the topple of Pestilence but just to be sure kept up his hold to the best of his abilities. When he finally felt no movement come from Pestilence Richter moved to the edge of his dome and punched it. Due to his exhausted and weakened state it took a few good tries before finally it came down allowing the massive Kaiju to stumble from his shelter.

"W-We did it." Richter celebrated as he fell to his knees, and shifted down, "Hooray..." He said weakly before passing out and immediately snoring loudly.
Wildfire also shifted down and observed the charred skeleton of Pestilence. He knew the elder Kaiju wasn't truly dead, but it was dormant for the moment. Hopefully long enough to get it contained. However, the dragon couldn't observe for long. The first thing he did was reach out to Heather on comms.

"Colonel, Pestilence is down. I repeat, Pestilence is down."

"Excellent work, Wildfire. How's Richter?"

Wildfire walked over to the sleeping gator and tilted his head.

"Sleeping. He was the one who took Pestilence down. Trapped it in a lake of lava. Apparently took a lot of strength."

"Well, wake him up. I'll give him his commendations later, but we've still got work to do."

"Copy that." Wildfire bent down and started shaking Richter. "Rise and shine, big guy! We're not done here yet. We've got sick people to find, and I've got half a forest to burn down. I need your help, because I can't do both fast enough."

- - - - -
DdeeStar wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:51 am "Oh! Y-Sorry." He responds, drawing it up from the natural waist level to his collar. Heather's response pulls his attention back, and he hands the bag up to the ordered individual. He takes a moment to add "Sorry Mister-Doctor, but Mom, she..." His voice gains an uneasy edge as he concludes "You've met her." with a shake of his head, trying to shake off images of both her loss and her victory over whatever battle she was in. The mage quickly recovers, leaving the assistance to the lieutenant and making his way to his commanding officer.
Heather gets off of comms with Wildfire and takes the elevator to the roof where a helicopter was already waiting. The Colonel helps Mist into the chopper. The rotors were already spinning, and the moment the two were on board, the helicopter took off on its way West. Heather put on some headphones and gave some to Mist to protect his ears from the sound. Once he put his on, she started talking to him through comms.

"Alright, Mist. You came out late, so here's the situation. There's a Leviathan on it's way to the coast. Tigress and Fenrir are there working to slow it down. In the meantime, someone just tried to snipe some of our only witnesses. I need you to go and back up the others fighting the Leviathan while I handle the sniper."

-------------------------------
Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:14 pm "They stopped?" Mark gasped in surprise when he noticed the large gap of no return fire "Where did they go?"

Mark's ears then perked at the sound of rushing water. Instinctively he turned around and saw the wave coming towards them, panic flooding his eyes, "MORDECAI SIR, WE NEED TO GET TO HIGHER GROUND! NOW!"
SeanWolf wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:35 pm Turning and seeing the wave, Sleipnir, nodding at Mark, stepped out of the water and ran as if a demon was behind him, making sure not to hit any buildings as he did. After a few literal moments of running (One advantage to being a Kaiju: Bigger steps equal less time walking), Sleipnir, spotting the balcony that connected to his hotel room, opened his hands up and gently placed the fishermen on the balcony, followed by lifting Mark up from his shoulders and placed him next to the fishermen. With the people he was carrying now safe, for the time being, Sleipnir placed a finger softly on the balcony and, to everyone's surprise, shifted back down to his usual form of that of Mordecai, pulling himself up as he hung off the balcony's ledge (a bit of a miscalculation on his part, honestly).

"That was too close!" He said to Mark before walking over to Frank and offering his hand to him. "Let's get you inside and patched up."
The captain collapses into a chair by a desk in the hotel room, his arm bleeding. "I... feel kind of lightheaded..."

His first mate pulled a fishing knife from his belt, cut a strip of cloth from his shirt, and started wrapping it around the captain's arm. "You ain't dyin'. It's just a scratch, ya big baby." He tightened the makeshift bandage, causing the captain to grunt in pain.

"...Thanks..." Frank said to his friend. He glanced up at Mordecai and Mark, but couldn't make eye contact with them. "And... Thank you too. I sure as heck didn't deserve to be saved, but you both saved me."

DdeeStar wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:51 am With the addition of yet another interloper's effects, this time harder to ignore as a vibrant blast of Cold invades her senses, she leaves the snake's retreat unharassed. The blade hangs upright as she takes a single, solemn breath, letting the crashing Raw Energy part before her in the follow-through of the swing. Eyes locked on the snake, her awareness spreads, recognizing the presence of another monstrous being. One that, if it had been aiming at her, missed terribly. It wasn't any real threat. Her claws drum against the primitive spear, pressing at her thoughts. I'm annoying it. At best. It needs to know I can hurt it. I can't chase it when it runs, though. It's faster than me here, but... snakes. The actual plan she had been playing with was still an option, even if it was less fun.

The spear leaps into the air as she quickly shifts her stance, holding it from underneath and turning her shoulder to the snake. She scans its position, watching the head and tail bob and flail through the water. A cruel grin appears, formed from grit fangs. Snakes can't jump. Her tail flicks back, forewarning her shifting weight before it's all forced forward with a mighty step and full-body toss of the spear aimed just below the water's surface on the snake. The heft nearly takes her off her feet, the improper projectile tearing bark along her palm as it soars away from her.
The spear pierces through the ocean surface and, with a *SHNK*, penetrated the serpent's flank. The Leviathan writhed and thrashed in the water, twisting and hissing and spitting before reaching over and biting down on the spear. It wrenched the improvised weapon out of it's side, causing the water around it to start turning red, before shattering the spear in it's jaws.

The Leviathan lifted it's head out of the water, glaring down at Tigress with intense hatred in it's eyes.

- - - - -
Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:24 pm Ronan swears as the wave washes past him. He quickly gets ahead of it and calls up his power. He gets to work creating rough piles of ice on and around the pier, spitting it against everything he can, to break up and redirect wave once it hits. At the same time he uses his powers of water manipulation to push back against the wave, hoping to slow it enough to mitigate the damage. He knows he's not strong enough to stop the wave so he just prays he can do enough in the few seconds he has
Fenrir focuses on the waves as well, and between his winds and Ronan's waves, they manage to break up the waves enough so that, once the waves hit the ice, they are not large enough to get past.

Fenrir turns his attention back to the serpent, preparing to get up close with his swords if needed.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:43 am "Right-ho," Julian said, placing the vehicles and peoples down before working his way through the containers. "Tracie," he ventured, "better you tell them than I, eh? Also, prepare yourself. Containers full of the sick aren't going to be pleasant, I'm afraid..." He set to the task of finding them, quickly as possible.
"Right..." Tracie said, looking nervous. She climbs back down to the ground and goes to explain the situation to the EMTs.

It didn't take long before Cerberus stopped Julian, sniffing the container the fox was holding. "That's one of them. Put it down carefully. Here's another..." the center head said as the left head picked up one of the containers and set it down gently in the open. The former Colonel put on a mask one of the EMTs gave him and moved to open it... and immediately had to cover his beak when the doors opened to keep from the smell making him sick. While Julian wouldn't be able to see inside from his position, whatever was inside made the medical technicians immediately grab some stretchers and rush over to the container with all the equipment they could carry.

Tracie was staring into the container, wide eyed and looking green.

"Julian..." the Colonel said over comms, his voice grave. "We're going to need more ambulances and medical staff here immediately. A lot more. Take Tracie with you to help translate... She'll tell them the situation."
-Champion Motto

Krytus The Dreamer

CyberDragon wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:46 pm "Copy that." Wildfire bent down and started shaking Richter. "Rise and shine, big guy! We're not done here yet. We've got sick people to find, and I've got half a forest to burn down. I need your help, because I can't do both fast enough."
Drool poured from Richter's open mouth as he licked his lips, "Mmmm Lava Scuttlers," Then a few good shakes and his eyes opened slowly to Wildfire giving him the lowdown.

A little shakily Richter sat up and gave, yet another poor imitation of a salute, "OH! I think I remember where the sick people are. I can go find them!" With enthusiasm and gusto Richter was back on his feet and running off in the direction he pointed to before... A few seconds later he came back a little winded. "uhhh what do I do when I get there?"
CyberDragon wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:46 pm The captain collapses into a chair on the balcony, his arm bleeding. "I... feel kind of lightheaded..."

His first mate pulled a fishing knife from his belt, cut a strip of cloth from his shirt, and started wrapping it around the captain's arm. "You ain't dyin'. It's just a scratch, ya big baby." He tightened the makeshift bandage, causing the captain to grunt in pain.

"...Thanks..." Frank said to his friend. He glanced up at Mordecai and Mark, but couldn't make eye contact with them. "And... Thank you too. I sure as heck didn't deserve to be saved, but you both saved me."
A smirk grew on Mark's face knowing he just proved the Captain wrong, but it vanished as quickly as it had appeared. Suddenly Mark clapped both sides of his face to get himself to refocus.

"Wait! We're not out of the woods yet. I have no idea where the sniper went or if there were any others. Sir Mordecai wasn't exactly subtle as he ran through the city. All of you keep your heads down and stay away from any windows." Mark ran to the balcony and began surveying the area with his rifle to see if he could spot anyone as he reopened his comms, "Colonel, we relocated to the hotel Sir Mordecai was staying in to avoid an incoming wave from the leviathan. They stopped firing for now, but I don't know how many snipers there are hidden in the city. The captain was shot but we administered first aid, so he's fine for now. How far are you for pick up?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Understood, sir," Julian said, doing what he could to keep his emotions in check. A Collossus amount of vomit wasn't going to help the situation, even if the carrots could be used as lifeboats. He gently picked Tracie up to put on his shoulder. "Sweetie," he said gently, "you may want to call Dunbar and Fenwick hospitals and get them moving. I'll take us over to Galway and start with them. We need all we can get asap." He started off at pace, making sure she was hanging on. "Totally relieved I never have to lie to you, by the way."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:46 pm
Heather gets off of comms with Wildfire and takes the elevator to the roof where a helicopter was already waiting. The Colonel helps Mist into the chopper. The rotors were already spinning, and the moment the two were on board, the helicopter took off on its way West. Heather put on some headphones and gave some to Mist to protect his ears from the sound. Once he put his on, she started talking to him through comms.

"Alright, Mist. You came out late, so here's the situation. There's a Leviathan on it's way to the coast. Tigress and Fenrir are there working to slow it down. In the meantime, someone just tried to snipe some of our only witnesses. I need you to go and back up the others fighting the Leviathan while I handle the sniper."
Jogging to keep up with Heather's strides, Mist keeps both silent and tense through the travel to the helicopter. Thoughts of the fight and various associated worries ate at him, but did no more than add a nervous patter of his fingers against his leg. The doors opening to the blast of wind, noise, and light stun him for but a moment, rushing to catch up with Heather once more. His ears fly back as he approaches the vehicle, teeth grit against showing his reluctance to it, though once he gets situation (pulling the headphones' band over his ears to pin them against his head) he shuts his eyes tight and digs his claws into the seat cushion. The rapid liftoff pulls a soft gasp of surprise from him, disrupting his attempt to keep his cool with his head down. The roar of the air around him did serve some benefit, though, as it quickly replaced the many minor worries he had been poking at with an overwhelming need to hear what the headphones were telling him and only that. "OKAY! I- AH, DO I JUST HIT IT? LIKE- WHAT DO I DO TO HELP? SPECIFICALLY?" He shouts into the air, unwilling to open his eyes to find Heather.
CyberDragon wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:46 pm The spear pierces through the ocean surface and, with a *SHNK*, penetrated the serpent's flank. The Leviathan writhed and thrashed in the water, twisting and hissing and spitting before reaching over and biting down on the spear. It wrenched the improvised weapon out of it's side, causing the water around it to start turning red, before shattering the spear in it's jaws.

The Leviathan lifted it's head out of the water, glaring down at Tigress with intense hatred in it's eyes.
The reactive self-satisfied smirk crosses her face before any conscious thoughts hit her mind. That was a look she'd see often in training. One that normally meant the match was over, until- "COME ON, NAGARAJA! YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE YOUR SPINE HERE! We aren't done yet!" She taunts, her challenging roar breaking to laughter as she stares the Leviathan down. Thoughts of de-escalation finally start to cross as she finishes, but with her reaction done she simply smiles and settles back into her aggressive stance. This was far more fun.
All the characters!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:46 pm The captain collapses into a chair by a desk in the hotel room, his arm bleeding. "I... feel kind of lightheaded..."

Mordecai smiled and nodded, watching as Mark ran back out to the balcony. "You're welcome." He said while heading to the room's kitchen to make some tea for the group. "While what you guys were doing out there was wrong and certain other kaiju might've thought about leaving you there to die? That is just not the Tikbalang way." He placedthe kettle and some cups on table and poured himself a cup. "Say, I have a question: Would you guys be interested in coming to Thunder Bay and working for our docks? We could use some more fishermen and you'll be paid fair, along with paid sick leaves." He asked the group as he sat down with his tea.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:02 am Drool poured from Richter's open mouth as he licked his lips, "Mmmm Lava Scuttlers," Then a few good shakes and his eyes opened slowly to Wildfire giving him the lowdown.

A little shakily Richter sat up and gave, yet another poor imitation of a salute, "OH! I think I remember where the sick people are. I can go find them!" With enthusiasm and gusto Richter was back on his feet and running off in the direction he pointed to before... A few seconds later he came back a little winded. "uhhh what do I do when I get there?"
Wildfire held his hands out in front of himself. He opened his mouth, and a cold inferno of green fire erupted from his throat. The flames accumulated in his clawed hands, circling and swirling and building in power and brightness. More flames shot through Wildfire's arms up to his hands before turning into thick wooden branches and roots as they sprung from his palms. The vines wrapped and coiled around the orb of fire, winding around it and containing it in a glowing wooden orb.

Wildfire repeated the process a few times, creating five orbs. Next, he fired a shot of green fire at the ground, and longer, thinner vines sprung from the scorched earth. Wildfire picked up a few fistfuls of these vines and used them to tie the orbs together.

"Take these to them. If there are any paramedics there, people in white and red vans that say "Ambulance" on them, give these orbs to them. Tell them it's Nature's Fire. They'll know what to do with it." Wildfire said, handing the orbs to Richter. "I'll take care of the infection in the forest."

---------------------------------
Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:02 am Mark ran to the balcony and began surveying the area with his rifle to see if he could spot anyone as he reopened his comms, "Colonel, we relocated to the hotel Sir Mordecai was staying in to avoid an incoming wave from the leviathan. They stopped firing for now, but I don't know how many snipers there are hidden in the city. The captain was shot but we administered first aid, so he's fine for now. How far are you for pick up?"
"On our way right now. ETA, five to ten minutes." Heather said on comms.
DdeeStar wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:27 pm The roar of the air around him did serve some benefit, though, as it quickly replaced the many minor worries he had been poking at with an overwhelming need to hear what the headphones were telling him and only that. "OKAY! I- AH, DO I JUST HIT IT? LIKE- WHAT DO I DO TO HELP? SPECIFICALLY?" He shouts into the air, unwilling to open his eyes to find Heather.
"Keep it from getting any closer to shore." Heather said, projecting her voice to be heard, but not shouting. "Avoid getting closer than you need to. Throw beach sand in its eyes. Hurl boulders at it. Hit it with your powers. Do whatever you can to keep it where it is or push it back. The shore guns should be ready soon, and they'll pound that snake with a few hundred tons of ordinance. You just need to make sure it doesn't reach the city before then."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:48 pm "Understood, sir," Julian said, doing what he could to keep his emotions in check. A Collossus amount of vomit wasn't going to help the situation, even if the carrots could be used as lifeboats. He gently picked Tracie up to put on his shoulder. "Sweetie," he said gently, "you may want to call Dunbar and Fenwick hospitals and get them moving. I'll take us over to Galway and start with them. We need all we can get asap." He started off at pace, making sure she was hanging on. "Totally relieved I never have to lie to you, by the way."
Tracie was still looking green and in shock for a moment. "H-huh?" she looked up at her Colossal boyfriend, and seeing his face seemed to ground her somewhat. "Oh... Yeah! I..." she started, but seemed unable to think of what to say in response. "I'm glad too. I... should go ahead and make that call..."

Tracie reaches for her phone and dials the number for the Dunbar hospital first. "We need everyone you can spare over by the trainyard. Mass illness. Dozens of victims. Some..." She paused, struggling to continue. "...Some very likely DOA..."

Once she was done with Dunbar, she called Fenwick to get them to send as much as they could spare as well.

DdeeStar wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:27 pm The reactive self-satisfied smirk crosses her face before any conscious thoughts hit her mind. That was a look she'd see often in training. One that normally meant the match was over, until- "COME ON, NAGARAJA! YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE YOUR SPINE HERE! We aren't done yet!" She taunts, her challenging roar breaking to laughter as she stares the Leviathan down. Thoughts of de-escalation finally start to cross as she finishes, but with her reaction done she simply smiles and settles back into her aggressive stance. This was far more fun.
The snake hissed madly and lifted its head high, breaking through the clouds as it glared down at tigress. Fenrir stood back, trying to find an opening either to counter its next move, or find a spot to hit it with his swords.

The Leviathan opened its jaws wide, and lunged fast straight at the now disarmed Tigress.

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:44 am Mordecai smiled and nodded, watching as Mark ran back out to the balcony. "You're welcome." He said while heading to the room's kitchen to make some tea for the group. "While what you guys were doing out there was wrong and certain other kaiju might've thought about leaving you there to die? That is just not the Tikbalang way." He placedthe kettle and some cups on table and poured himself a cup. "Say, I have a question: Would you guys be interested in coming to Thunder Bay and working for our docks? We could use some more fishermen and you'll be paid fair, along with paid sick leaves." He asked the group as he sat down with his tea.
Frank looked up at Mordecai and considered for a moment. "...I don't deserve that. But I might take you up on it."

"Assuming we don't get thrown in jail for the rest of our lives." George added.
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:29 pm "Keep it from getting any closer to shore." Heather said, projecting her voice to be heard, but not shouting. "Avoid getting closer than you need to. Throw beach sand in its eyes. Hurl boulders at it. Hit it with your powers. Do whatever you can to keep it where it is or push it back. The shore guns should be ready soon, and they'll pound that snake with a few hundred tons of ordinance. You just need to make sure it doesn't reach the city before then."
"Is she- is Mom the only one fighting it? Can she fight it? Is scaring it all we can do?" Mist wonders aloud, his teeth grit closed as he holds himself to the seat. "What can it do?"
CyberDragon wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:29 pm The snake hissed madly and lifted its head high, breaking through the clouds as it glared down at tigress. Fenrir stood back, trying to find an opening either to counter its next move, or find a spot to hit it with his swords.

The Leviathan opened its jaws wide, and lunged fast straight at the now disarmed Tigress.
Tigress lowers her arms as the snake's head rises out of sight, the rude gestures at the end of each turning to a balled fist as her laughter fades. It's going to dive on me? Hmm. I don't think it can kill me with a bite or slam, but it might be able to swallow me whole, and that would take me out of the fight. Guess we're taking this to him. Immediately she starts to leap through the water, pushing straight toward the snake's remaining tail. Her Fieldsight makes it hard to miss the mass of life, so even without looking she's keenly aware once the snake starts to fly down at her. Taking the headstart on the distance it takes to crash down at her she dives to the ground to strafe, trying to both stay behind the snake's eyes and move semi-unpredictably.
All the characters!
Krytus The Dreamer

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:29 pm Wildfire held his hands out in front of himself. He opened his mouth, and a cold inferno of green fire erupted from his throat. The flames accumulated in his clawed hands, circling and swirling and building in power and brightness. More flames shot through Wildfire's arms up to his hands before turning into thick wooden branches and roots as they sprung from his palms. The vines wrapped and coiled around the orb of fire, winding around it and containing it in a glowing wooden orb.

Wildfire repeated the process a few times, creating five orbs. Next, he fired a shot of green fire at the ground, and longer, thinner vines sprung from the scorched earth. Wildfire picked up a few fistfuls of these vines and used them to tie the orbs together.

"Take these to them. If there are any paramedics there, people in white and red vans that say "Ambulance" on them, give these orbs to them. Tell them it's Nature's Fire. They'll know what to do with it." Wildfire said, handing the orbs to Richter. "I'll take care of the infection in the forest."
"Gotcha, look for a van that says a blue lance. I won't let you down!" Richter said as he accepted the cluster of orbs

Once he had them secured Richter shifted back to his Kaiju form and made his way back to where he sensed the sick people. What should've taken half a day in his disguised form was little more than ten minutes of brisk walking stopping every now and again to check if his cargo was still secure in his titanic hands. At first, the Kaiju-sized fox put Richter on edge since he had no way of telling if this one was friend or foe but once he saw the fox leaning down to help humans and small zoomorphs Richter set those fears aside and approached the fox.

"You're with... the uh... group right?" Richter kept his voice down, remembering what it could do to small folk at his current size, "uhh Wildfire sent me with these things. He called them... natural fire... I think? anyway, he said it'll help the sick people if I take it to the van thingy that says a blue lance. Do you know where I could find them?"

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:29 pm "On our way right now. ETA, five to ten minutes." Heather said on comms.
"Understood," Mark replied firmly but barely had the energy to hide how tired he was "we'll hold the fort Ma'am. Mordecai Sir, Colonel Heather will be here in five to ten minutes. Is everything alright back there?" he called back still trying to remain vigilant.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, hello," Julian said to Richter, doing his best smile. "Definitely glad you're friendly." He heard the newcomer ask his question and pointed him in the right direction. "I should warn you, it's not pleasant." After waiting on any reply, Julian started on his way to Galway medical. "He looked neat," he said to Tracie in conversation, stepping over a freeway to get to the hospital. It took about ten minutes of power walking and avoiding vehicles to get to the destination, where he knelt down to let his girlfriend off to organise the vehicles for him to carry. "Better than a bus, eh," he joked, trying to improve her mood with humour, even if it was forced.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:29 pm Frank looked up at Mordecai and considered for a moment. "...I don't deserve that. But I might take you up on it."

"Assuming we don't get thrown in jail for the rest of our lives." George added.
"Well, there's always the Witness Protection Program." Mordecai suggested. "That way, you and your families will be put in my town's care and watched over and protected. Course, you'll have new identities, but you will be safer there then here, I can assure you." He then leaned forward. "Listen, even though what you guys did was wrong, I will do everything in my power to keep you and your families safe. You have my word not as a Tikbalang, but as a mayor and a friend."
Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:28 am "Understood," Mark replied firmly but barely had the energy to hide how tired he was "we'll hold the fort Ma'am. Mordecai Sir, Colonel Heather will be here in five to ten minutes. Is everything alright back there?" he called back still trying to remain vigilant.
He then looked over at Mark. "Everything's fine, Mark."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ronan pops up beside Tigress and launches another stream of ice straight down the leviathan's throat. If he gets a clear shot he'll use his scalding steam as well, but for now he doesn't want to risk it falling back and burning the rakshasa. If he gets a clear shot he'll also go for the eyes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:11 am "Is she- is Mom the only one fighting it? Can she fight it? Is scaring it all we can do?" Mist wonders aloud, his teeth grit closed as he holds himself to the seat. "What can it do?"
"Fenrir and Ronan are both fighting the Leviathan as well. Fenrir has been using his sonic and wind powers, while Ronan is using his control over water and ice." Heather said, checking something on her phone. "Should be able to see it once we pass the Crater Rim in five... four... three... two... one... Now."

The helicopter lifted higher to pass over the ridge, and the colossal serpent became visible, head held high in the clouds and posed to strike. Below it, a werewolf-like Kaiju and the Kelpie Ronan were fighting from a distance while Tigress engaged in close quarters.

"Good news is Leviathans don't typically have any powers beyond sheer size. Bad news is their sheer size is absurd, and they can create tsunamis just by moving. The closer it gets to shore, the more damage it does." Heather explained. "We'll drop you on the beach. Stall it, repel it, keep it from shore until the big guns are ready. And take this."

Heather pulled out a large bundle of flares wrapped in a kind of adhesive from a storage container on the helicopter. She handed the bundle to Mist.

"Try to stick these on the Leviathan's head. Preferably under the snake's eye, then give me a signal. A salute towards shore, or just giving the snake the bird will be enough. I'll set off the flares which should temporarily blind the Leviathan and give a target for the artillery and air strikes to aim for."

DdeeStar wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:11 am Tigress lowers her arms as the snake's head rises out of sight, the rude gestures at the end of each turning to a balled fist as her laughter fades. It's going to dive on me? Hmm. I don't think it can kill me with a bite or slam, but it might be able to swallow me whole, and that would take me out of the fight. Guess we're taking this to him. Immediately she starts to leap through the water, pushing straight toward the snake's remaining tail. Her Fieldsight makes it hard to miss the mass of life, so even without looking she's keenly aware once the snake starts to fly down at her. Taking the headstart on the distance it takes to crash down at her she dives to the ground to strafe, trying to both stay behind the snake's eyes and move semi-unpredictably.
Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:03 am Ronan pops up beside Tigress and launches another stream of ice straight down the leviathan's throat. If he gets a clear shot he'll use his scalding steam as well, but for now he doesn't want to risk it falling back and burning the rakshasa. If he gets a clear shot he'll also go for the eyes.
The snake lunged down, jaws wide open at Tigress and intending to swallow her whole as she expected, but her evasive movements in combination with the icy blast into its throat caused the Leviathan's aim to swerve and crash down a hundred feet from its target. The Leviathan looks around and its eyes fall on Ronan as Tigress was too close to see. The snake dives into the water and rushes forward towards the Kelpie.

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:28 am "Gotcha, look for a van that says a blue lance. I won't let you down!" Richter said as he accepted the cluster of orbs

Once he had them secured Richter shifted back to his Kaiju form and made his way back to where he sensed the sick people. What should've taken half a day in his disguised form was little more than ten minutes of brisk walking stopping every now and again to check if his cargo was still secure in his titanic hands. At first, the Kaiju-sized fox put Richter on edge since he had no way of telling if this one was friend or foe but once he saw the fox leaning down to help humans and small zoomorphs Richter set those fears aside and approached the fox.

"You're with... the uh... group right?" Richter kept his voice down, remembering what it could do to small folk at his current size, "uhh Wildfire sent me with these things. He called them... natural fire... I think? anyway, he said it'll help the sick people if I take it to the van thingy that says a blue lance. Do you know where I could find them?"
"Look for the Eagle Zoomorph." Tracie said, squinting as she looked back to the trainyard. "I can actually sort of see him waving."

Sure enough, the former Colonel was looking up from the trainyard, waving both of his hands in wide arcs to get Richter's attention.

"Apparently he was the Colonel of the KDF before Heather. He'll know what you should do."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:45 am "Oh, hello," Julian said to Richter, doing his best smile. "Definitely glad you're friendly." He heard the newcomer ask his question and pointed him in the right direction. "I should warn you, it's not pleasant." After waiting on any reply, Julian started on his way to Galway medical. "He looked neat," he said to Tracie in conversation, stepping over a freeway to get to the hospital. It took about ten minutes of power walking and avoiding vehicles to get to the destination, where he knelt down to let his girlfriend off to organise the vehicles for him to carry. "Better than a bus, eh," he joked, trying to improve her mood with humour, even if it was forced.
Tracie smiled slightly. "I have to say, it was a pretty good view."

Tracie climbs off of Julian and runs into the hospital. A few minutes later, paramedics are loading up the ambulances and Tracie is back outside, scaling back up Julian's body to his shoulder using her rappelling cable. "Ok... I think they're ready. Think you can carry more than two of them at a time?"

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:28 am "Understood," Mark replied firmly but barely had the energy to hide how tired he was "we'll hold the fort Ma'am. Mordecai Sir, Colonel Heather will be here in five to ten minutes. Is everything alright back there?" he called back still trying to remain vigilant.
SeanWolf wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:10 am "Well, there's always the Witness Protection Program." Mordecai suggested. "That way, you and your families will be put in my town's care and watched over and protected. Course, you'll have new identities, but you will be safer there then here, I can assure you." He then leaned forward. "Listen, even though what you guys did was wrong, I will do everything in my power to keep you and your families safe. You have my word not as a Tikbalang, but as a mayor and a friend."
The three fishermen looked at each other for a moment before Frank spoke up. "That... might work. Do you... think the KDF will go with that idea?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, yeah," Julian said positively, feeling the enthusiasm of being an important cog in things for a while, "that's easy. I could take two or three of these! Uh, two or three more, I mean," he added quickly, wondering why the first part of the line seemed so familiar. Had he just quoted Spaceballs? He grimaced, wondering if Tracie had caught that...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:11 pm "Fenrir and Ronan are both fighting the Leviathan as well. Fenrir has been using his sonic and wind powers, while Ronan is using his control over water and ice." Heather said, checking something on her phone. "Should be able to see it once we pass the Crater Rim in five... four... three... two... one... Now."

The helicopter lifted higher to pass over the ridge, and the colossal serpent became visible, head held high in the clouds and posed to strike. Below it, a werewolf-like Kaiju and the Kelpie Ronan were fighting from a distance while Tigress engaged in close quarters.

"Good news is Leviathans don't typically have any powers beyond sheer size. Bad news is their sheer size is absurd, and they can create tsunamis just by moving. The closer it gets to shore, the more damage it does." Heather explained. "We'll drop you on the beach. Stall it, repel it, keep it from shore until the big guns are ready. And take this."

Heather pulled out a large bundle of flares wrapped in a kind of adhesive from a storage container on the helicopter. She handed the bundle to Mist.

"Try to stick these on the Leviathan's head. Preferably under the snake's eye, then give me a signal. A salute towards shore, or just giving the snake the bird will be enough. I'll set off the flares which should temporarily blind the Leviathan and give a target for the artillery and air strikes to aim for."
It takes Mist a moment to get the flares, wrenching his claws out of the seat's side only to pin it against his flank and resecure his grip on the cushion. He does manage to sneak a look out at the pitched battle, his gaze lingering for a moment before a slight waver in the aircraft's movement forces him back into his defensive sheltering. "I- th-...They aren't like us, right? They're not - they're not people?"

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:11 pm The snake lunged down, jaws wide open at Tigress and intending to swallow her whole as she expected, but her evasive movements in combination with the icy blast into its throat caused the Leviathan's aim to swerve and crash down a hundred feet from its target. The Leviathan looks around and its eyes fall on Ronan as Tigress was too close to see. The snake dives into the water and rushes forward towards the Kelpie.
The warrior scrambles upright, clumsily shoving herself out of the water and giving a violent shake to get the worst of the water weight out of her coat. After a moment taken to reacquaint herself with the situation, she shoves through the deeper water to reach the tail remaining nearby, trying to dig her (relatively minuscule) claws into the speeding scales. Her attention is still on the head regardless, shouting "Come on <^||^>! Your fight's with ME!"
Last edited by DdeeStar on Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
All the characters!
Krytus The Dreamer

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:11 pm
"Look for the Eagle Zoomorph." Tracie said, squinting as she looked back to the trainyard. "I can actually sort of see him waving."

Sure enough, the former Colonel was looking up from the trainyard, waving both of his hands in wide arcs to get Richter's attention.

"Apparently he was the Colonel of the KDF before Heather. He'll know what you should do."
"Oh that's great, see you around then." Richter waved before approaching the eagle, shifting down as he did. "I have... uh... whatever these things are. Anything else I can do to help?"

Mark surveyed the area carefully, making sure to take note of any suitable areas to make a sniper's nest all while listening to the coms for a real time update on the situation. Once he was sure everything was secure he made his way back into the hotel room, his rifle hanging ready.
CyberDragon wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:11 pm
SeanWolf wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:10 am "Well, there's always the Witness Protection Program." Mordecai suggested. "That way, you and your families will be put in my town's care and watched over and protected. Course, you'll have new identities, but you will be safer there then here, I can assure you." He then leaned forward. "Listen, even though what you guys did was wrong, I will do everything in my power to keep you and your families safe. You have my word not as a Tikbalang, but as a mayor and a friend."
The three fishermen looked at each other for a moment before Frank spoke up. "That... might work. Do you... think the KDF will go with that idea?"
"Pardon me, Sir Mordecai," Mark excused himself into the conversation, "but do you recall if this building is equipped with a helicopter landing pad? The colonel is on her way and it might be prudent to meet her at that roof so we can secure these men as soon as possible. Some good news though. It appears Wildfire and a new KDF recruit has managed to subdue Pestilence. Wildfire is simply burning away the infection at the forest Pestilence had to pass through."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:11 pm The three fishermen looked at each other for a moment before Frank spoke up. "That... might work. Do you... think the KDF will go with that idea?"
Mordecai placed his hand on his heart. "You have my word as a mayor: I will talk with them and I will get you this job."
Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:46 pm "Pardon me, Sir Mordecai," Mark excused himself into the conversation, "but do you recall if this building is equipped with a helicopter landing pad? The colonel is on her way and it might be prudent to meet her at that roof so we can secure these men as soon as possible. Some good news though. It appears Wildfire and a new KDF recruit has managed to subdue Pestilence. Wildfire is simply burning away the infection at the forest Pestilence had to pass through."
"Yeah....but do you think it's wise to take them in a helicopter?" Mordecai asked. "With that sniper out there gunning for these three, it makes me believe that they're stop at nothing to silence them...even blowing up a chopper."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:11 pm The snake lunged down, jaws wide open at Tigress and intending to swallow her whole as she expected, but her evasive movements in combination with the icy blast into its throat caused the Leviathan's aim to swerve and crash down a hundred feet from its target. The Leviathan looks around and its eyes fall on Ronan as Tigress was too close to see. The snake dives into the water and rushes forward towards the Kelpie.
Picking his moment, Ronan launches a jet of scalding steam straight at the snake's face. At the last moment, the kelpie rolls to the side, aiming the jet at the monster's eye as he slides past, taking advantage of his greater manoeuvrability compared to the giant serpent.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:46 pm "Oh that's great, see you around then." Richter waved before approaching the eagle, shifting down as he did. "I have... uh... whatever these things are. Anything else I can do to help?"
The former Colonel's eyes went wide when he saw the orbs glowing with the green fire contained inside of them. He knew what it was and accepted them from Richter, urgently waving to one of the paramedics as he did so.

"You did good, bringing these to us. We'll put it to good use, but we're still going to need more ambulances and first responders over here."

One of the paramedics showed up and took the orbs, rushing back to the shipping container while Cerberus grabs two more shipping containers and sets them down.

"Got more in these!" the three-headed dog Kaiju called out. The Eagle sighed.

"Best you clear out. You don't want to be here when those containers are opened, trust me. Head over to Dove - that giant fox you were talking to - and see if he needs any help. I need to make some calls..." The eagle shook his head, turning to head back to the shipping crates.

--------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:14 am "Oh, yeah," Julian said positively, feeling the enthusiasm of being an important cog in things for a while, "that's easy. I could take two or three of these! Uh, two or three more, I mean," he added quickly, wondering why the first part of the line seemed so familiar. Had he just quoted Spaceballs? He grimaced, wondering if Tracie had caught that...
Tracie simply smiled up at Julian from her position on his shoulder. It wasn't quite clear if she had caught on to the reference, whether she was smiling just to be supportive, or she was smiling with pride that the perfect specimen of a fox helping save people with the strength of a titan was her new boyfriend.

In the end though, she coughed and said "We... should probably hurry up then. We've still got a few other hospitals to visit, and the police might need a lift too."

--------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:49 am It takes Mist a moment to get the flares, wrenching his claws out of the seat's side only to pin it against his flank and resecure his grip on the cushion. He does manage to sneak a look out at the pitched battle, his gaze lingering for a moment before a slight waver in the aircraft's movement forces him back into his defensive sheltering. "I- th-...They aren't like us, right? They're not - they're not people?"
"Bad news is they are sapient. They tend to disguise themselves as sirens and merpeople." Heather answered while putting some goggles on and looking out the window to the shrubs and brush, trees and try grasses covering the mountainside. "But don't let that get to you. These guys are predators and won't hesitate to try to eat you. You won't be able to reason with it, especially considering they don't speak any language known on the surface. Besides, an artillery shell to the head will mostly just daze something that size. Goal is to show we can hurt it. If it sees it shook the hornet's nest, it'll retreat."

The helicopter lowered itself down as it got closer to the beach. "Hope you're ready! This is your stop!"
Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:46 pm Mark surveyed the area carefully, making sure to take note of any suitable areas to make a sniper's nest all while listening to the coms for a real time update on the situation. Once he was sure everything was secure he made his way back into the hotel room, his rifle hanging ready.
"We've just touched down at the beach. Dropping off some reinforcements for the fight against the Leviathan. More are on their way." Heather spoke through comms to Mark. "Once that's done, I'm sending the chopper to you. Get the witnesses to a suitable LZ and contact the pilot with your location."

--------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:49 am The warrior scrambles upright, clumsily shoving herself out of the water and giving a violent shake to get the worst of the water weight out of her coat. After a moment taken to reacquaint herself with the situation, she shoves through the deeper water to reach the tail remaining nearby, trying to dig her (relatively minuscule) claws into the speeding scales. Her attention is still on the head regardless, shouting "Come on <^||^>! Your fight's with ME!"
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:27 pm Picking his moment, Ronan launches a jet of scalding steam straight at the snake's face. At the last moment, the kelpie rolls to the side, aiming the jet at the monster's eye as he slides past, taking advantage of his greater manoeuvrability compared to the giant serpent.
The Leviathan hissed and spat as the scalding hot water seared against its eye and burned its face. It dove to the side, straight into the water both to dodge further blasts of boiling water and to attempt to knock Tigress off of its body. It rolled and twisted underwater in an effort to shake the giant cat off of its scales like she were some kind of tick or parasite stuck to its body.

Meanwhile, Fenrir charged in during the distraction. The massive werewolf creature leapt through the air, swords in hand, then drove the blades into the Leviathan's back. The monster continued to writhe, more angry than hurt as it now had two Kaiju it had to shake off.

--------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:49 am Mordecai placed his hand on his heart. "You have my word as a mayor: I will talk with them and I will get you this job."
Frank looked Mordecai straight in the eyes for a while. Eventually he closed his eyes and smiled. "Don't know why, but I trust you. I believe you'll help. Heaven knows we don't deserve it, an' I can't figure why you'd want to help us sorry sods, but I believe you will."
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:27 pm "Bad news is they are sapient. They tend to disguise themselves as sirens and merpeople." Heather answered while putting some goggles on and looking out the window to the shrubs and brush, trees and try grasses covering the mountainside. "But don't let that get to you. These guys are predators and won't hesitate to try to eat you. You won't be able to reason with it, especially considering they don't speak any language known on the surface. Besides, an artillery shell to the head will mostly just daze something that size. Goal is to show we can hurt it. If it sees it shook the hornet's nest, it'll retreat."

The helicopter lowered itself down as it got closer to the beach. "Hope you're ready! This is your stop!"
Dazed by... just about everything, Mist barely manages to unfasten the buckle across his chest. His eyes open gradually, focused on his expected landing point just outside of the helicopter and locked to it. Tightening his grip on the flares, he gives a quick, jerky nod. A moment passes as he tries to steel himself to move out under the whirling blades, until finally, he throws himself out of his seat, landing clumsily in the sand and stumbling to a sprint to clear distance from the helicopter. His headset lays abandoned in the disturbed sand, tossed clean off when he struggled to keep his feet. Dozens of feet away he slows to a stop, looking out at the pitched battle with the new weapon clutched in his arms. Now he just needed to join it.

Closing his eyes, this time with far less force, Mist steadies his breathing. In, out. In, out. The roar of the combatants and the chopping of the rotor slice into his focus. On their own, he might be able to pull it together. But they had backup. The violent pounding of his heart in his chest refused to relent, incensed by the remnants of the helicopter ride behind him and the specter of death performing alligator rolls in front of him - an intelligent specter, larger and stronger than any of them. They need me. Well, no, they need help, and I'm what we had, but still. It's that bad. Somehow, he had to pull a cold apathy across this raging panic. Sate the fear with some platitudes and mantras, convince himself that he didn't matter. Lie and say the Colonel wasn't watching his results, and these warring monsters weren't relying on him. That would be a hard sell for an exceptional salesman. Or... His focus finally leaves the battle for the holstered key to power on his hip. It wasn't a good way to do it. His mom would definitely chew him out if he admitted it, but what she didn't know wouldn't hurt her. That thing would.

In two swift movements, the blade is firmly buried, his cry of pain muted by familiarity. There was no surprise to the result. Doubling over with a series of short coughs, the sudden frigid feeling in his flank told him all would be well. He didn't need to look over and watch the ink-black liquid seep from the wound, painting his coat black as it poured down into the sand. Instead of filtering in like most liquids, it pooled at his feet, gathering into the shadow stretching below him. As before, it began to grow upwards, distinguishing itself as something unnatural as it took shape, blocking the sights and sounds from every angle it encompassed, until finally, it collapsed inward. Nothing but a puddle of ink and a pile of flares remained where he once was. Then the rebirth. Shadows rose, roiling upwards and outwards, forming most of the shape of the lost mage. The pierced flesh failed to recover: the shadows danced in its place like a lightless flame. Signaling the new entry, the mage roars his own battle cry, inspiring the wound to lick along his coat rapidly as his stance tenses and eventually loosens. In a hand is the set of flares, now much less encumbering.
CyberDragon wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:27 pm The Leviathan hissed and spat as the scalding hot water seared against its eye and burned its face. It dove to the side, straight into the water both to dodge further blasts of boiling water and to attempt to knock Tigress off of its body. It rolled and twisted underwater in an effort to shake the giant cat off of its scales like she were some kind of tick or parasite stuck to its body.

Meanwhile, Fenrir charged in during the distraction. The massive werewolf creature leapt through the air, swords in hand, then drove the blades into the Leviathan's back. The monster continued to writhe, more angry than hurt as it now had two Kaiju it had to shake off.
Tigress, who would be equally happy to be removed from the snake, suddenly found herself effortlessly uprooted and being drug through the resistance of the salt water. Her claws had caught between scales in a moment of what was classically bad luck, though the fact that she was causing it pain or discomfort made it worth it to her. She wouldn't laugh more than once about the excitement of the ride - finding her inhalation completely liquid - and between the violent slams of the snake's weight and the rapid changes in momentum, there was little doubt in her mind that her right wrist was broken already. The pain wasn't there, but the angles it managed to hit felt wrong. Still, that alone was nowhere near enough to stop her from trying her own fanged attacks on the beast, knowing it wasn't going far while she was still attached. Between her sputtered gasps and plunging bites she was both far from optimal and completely unwilling to disengage to rethink her approach.
Last edited by DdeeStar on Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Right ho," Julian said, making a decision due to the largely empty state of the roads. "Hang on, sweetheart," Once she'd gripped on, and keeping as soft a grip as he could, Julian took off at a much faster trot for the drop off location before heading for the next location, occasionally looking up to see what else was going on.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Krytus The Dreamer

CyberDragon wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:27 pm "Best you clear out. You don't want to be here when those containers are opened, trust me. Head over to Dove - that giant fox you were talking to - and see if he needs any help. I need to make some calls..." The eagle shook his head, turning to head back to the shipping crates.

"Alright! you got it!" Richter excited rushed off following the giant fox, shifting into Kaiju form once he had enough clearance from everyone to better catch up
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:34 am "Right ho," Julian said, making a decision due to the largely empty state of the roads. "Hang on, sweetheart," Once she'd gripped on, and keeping as soft a grip as he could, Julian took off at a much faster trot for the drop off location before heading for the next location, occasionally looking up to see what else was going on.
"Hello again," Richter half whispered half called out, careful about his volume "I've been told to see if you might need help with anything. I new to this thing so I have no idea what I'm doing."

SeanWolf wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:49 am Yeah....but do you think it's wise to take them in a helicopter?" Mordecai asked. "With that sniper out there gunning for these three, it makes me believe that they're stop at nothing to silence them...even blowing up a chopper."
"We're not exactly safe here either. Since this block's already been cleared of civilians, there's nothing stopping them from blowing up the building we're standing on." Mark argued back but then heard his coms buzz to life and put it through loud speaker on his phone just in case.
CyberDragon wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:27 pm "We've just touched down at the beach. Dropping off some reinforcements for the fight against the Leviathan. More are on their way." Heather spoke through comms to Mark. "Once that's done, I'm sending the chopper to you. Get the witnesses to a suitable LZ and contact the pilot with your location."
"There's also orders from the colonel herself. So unless you have some compelling arguments to change her mind, my hands are tied." Mark offered his phone to Mordecai if he wanted to suggest an alternative.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, heya," Julian greeted. "I'm getting medical vehicles for the wounded so, more of us? More we can carry. I'd offer a hand to shake but..." He inclined his head to the vehicles he was carrying. "...Might be inconvenient? I'm Jul... uh, Dove. First day..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Seeing Tigress' plight the kelpie quickly brings his powers to bear, pushing the water away from the Rakshasa's face, giving her a bubble of breathable air that will remain glued to her muzzle as long as she's below the surface and that remains as a thin, shimmering film of water when she breaches the surface. In effect it's a magical SCUBA mask, except that any water she coughs up into it will flow out of it and back into the ocean. Tigress will also find that it will mould around her jaws and nose so she can still bite the leviathan with the full force and sharpness of her teeth without breaking the bubble.

With the cat-demon safe from the immediate risk of drowning, the kelpie turns his attention back to the Leviathan. He fixates on the lashing tail, judging the timing carefully. If he gets it right he'll sink his teeth into the tail until he tastes blood and then use his scalding steam again, cauterising the wound and causing a nasty burn which will continue to worsen until the snake manages to throw him off. If he misses, he could be slapped away painfully.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:53 pm "There's also orders from the colonel herself. So unless you have some compelling arguments to change her mind, my hands are tied." Mark offered his phone to Mordecai if he wanted to suggest an alternative.
Mordecai took the phone into his hands. "Colonel? This is Mayor Mordecai Tal'set of Thunder Bay. Cancel that chopper as it's too risky with that sniper and leviathan around. I want you to get in touch with the Thunder Bay Council and tell them these exact words. Tell them that 'Jarek needs to head to the market for a bushel of apples for the bake sale'. They'll know what it means." He handed the phone back to Mark and looked over at the fishermen. "Trust me." He said. "I know what I'm doing."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:45 pm Tigress, who would be equally happy to be removed from the snake, suddenly found herself effortlessly uprooted and being drug through the resistance of the salt water. Her claws had caught between scales in a moment of what was classically bad luck, though the fact that she was causing it pain or discomfort made it worth it to her. She wouldn't laugh more than once about the excitement of the ride - finding her inhalation completely liquid - and between the violent slams of the snake's weight and the rapid changes in momentum, there was little doubt in her mind that her right wrist was broken already. The pain wasn't there, but the angles it managed to hit felt wrong. Still, that alone was nowhere near enough to stop her from trying her own fanged attacks on the beast, knowing it wasn't going far while she was still attached. Between her sputtered gasps and plunging bites she was both far from optimal and completely unwilling to disengage to rethink her approach.
Seeing Tigress's position, and noticing the way her wrist was stuck between the scales, Fenrir started climbing up the snake's body in her direction. He lifted his swords and dug them into the Leviathan's body like climbing picks as he traversed its scaly hide until finally he reached the cat demon's position. Digging one of his swords into the Leviathan's flesh for support, the Werewolf Kaiju lifted the other sword high. He swung it down, hacking and cutting at the scale Tigress was stuck to until it finally came free.

Unfortunately, due to the intense rolling and spinning, this would cause Tigress to be thrown quite unceremoniously from the Leviathan's body with enough velocity to skip across the ocean surface like a stone for a good 500 meters.

The Leviathan stopped its death roll for the moment. It reared its head, targeting Fenrir for its next attack...
Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:51 am Seeing Tigress' plight the kelpie quickly brings his powers to bear, pushing the water away from the Rakshasa's face, giving her a bubble of breathable air that will remain glued to her muzzle as long as she's below the surface and that remains as a thin, shimmering film of water when she breaches the surface. In effect it's a magical SCUBA mask, except that any water she coughs up into it will flow out of it and back into the ocean. Tigress will also find that it will mould around her jaws and nose so she can still bite the leviathan with the full force and sharpness of her teeth without breaking the bubble.

With the cat-demon safe from the immediate risk of drowning, the kelpie turns his attention back to the Leviathan. He fixates on the lashing tail, judging the timing carefully. If he gets it right he'll sink his teeth into the tail until he tastes blood and then use his scalding steam again, cauterising the wound and causing a nasty burn which will continue to worsen until the snake manages to throw him off. If he misses, he could be slapped away painfully.
The Leviathan suddenly hisses and spits madly at the new pest clinging to its tail, burning its flesh with steam as hot as fire. It's attention no longer on Fenrir, the Leviathan lifts its tail hundreds of meters into the air with Ronan still attached, then slams it down back into the sea in an effort to knock the new pest off of it.

The Leviathan turns its head to shore, seeing yet another land dwelling cat-demon grow from shadows on the beach. At this point, the snake appeared to scowl at the city, as though wondering if this attack was worth dealing with a swarm of angry, biting, clawing, and burning insects. Before it could decide, however, Fenrir launched another sonic howl attack, sending focused sonic waves straight at the Leviathan's head. The snake thrashed its head, trying to move out of the way, but Fenrir kept focusing on its head. Eventually, disoriented, the Leviathan lunged straight at Fenrir with its jaws wide open.

The wolf dropped off of the Leviathan's body and dropped into the water, causing the Leviathan to miss and sink its fangs straight into its own hide. It recoiled quickly, spitting angrily.

---------------------------------------------------
Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:53 pm "Hello again," Richter half whispered half called out, careful about his volume "I've been told to see if you might need help with anything. I new to this thing so I have no idea what I'm doing."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:01 pm "Oh, heya," Julian greeted. "I'm getting medical vehicles for the wounded so, more of us? More we can carry. I'd offer a hand to shake but..." He inclined his head to the vehicles he was carrying. "...Might be inconvenient? I'm Jul... uh, Dove. First day..."
"First day for me too. They really have you hit the ground running, don't they?" Tracie sighed. "Oh well. Not like we didn't sign up for this. You should come with us. It'd be easier if you just come along with us." she said to Richter. "You big guys do the carrying and I'll do the talking!"

---------------------------------------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:46 pm Mordecai took the phone into his hands. "Colonel? This is Mayor Mordecai Tal'set of Thunder Bay. Cancel that chopper as it's too risky with that sniper and leviathan around. I want you to get in touch with the Thunder Bay Council and tell them these exact words. Tell them that 'Jarek needs to head to the market for a bushel of apples for the bake sale'. They'll know what it means." He handed the phone back to Mark and looked over at the fishermen. "Trust me." He said. "I know what I'm doing."
"You think the sniper will try to pick them off while they try to board? There's not many places around the hotel they could do that from, but a car would definitely be lower profile. If Mark goes with you, I'll make the call. In addition, I'll need to set the chopper down on the roof anyway. If we just fly off, they'll know we're evacuating the witnesses through other means." Heather explained.

Once she has Mordecai's response, and the number for the Thunder Bay Council, she gives them a call. Once they pick up, she repeats Mordecai's message. "Jarek needs to head to the market for a bushel of apples for the bake sale."
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:09 pm Seeing Tigress's position, and noticing the way her wrist was stuck between the scales, Fenrir started climbing up the snake's body in her direction. He lifted his swords and dug them into the Leviathan's body like climbing picks as he traversed its scaly hide until finally he reached the cat demon's position. Digging one of his swords into the Leviathan's flesh for support, the Werewolf Kaiju lifted the other sword high. He swung it down, hacking and cutting at the scale Tigress was stuck to until it finally came free.
The giant beast coughs out the flaked scales and blood to angrily address the wolf's actions. "Hey! What're you-"
CyberDragon wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:09 pm Unfortunately, due to the intense rolling and spinning, this would cause Tigress to be thrown quite unceremoniously from the Leviathan's body with enough velocity to skip across the ocean surface like a stone for a good 500 meters.
The initial flight catches her completely off guard, a cry of surprise following her flight path. She's forced silent as she slams into the water, the roiling waves of the battle partially disturbing the surface tension and reducing what would've been a concrete wall to a mere brick-like force. Being resubmerged, it takes her a moment to collect herself. She had been weightless, hit something, and she was weightless again. The lack of air would wash the shock from her system as some subconscious urge reminded her that even Raksasi preferred to breathe, gasping in the bubble around her head as she finally regains control of her body. With a violent, spasmic struggle she takes her stance back from the disturbance. Dripping wet and more than a little annoyed, she stands up in the deeper water, struggling to push herself faster back into the battle, all the while uttering various curses. She was far from actually hurt, but she knew she wasn't any use removed from battle.
===========
The unshaken confidence the Shift brings is a welcome change. The Raksasa standing out on the sand makes no effort to join the battle, knowing his strengths with calm certainty. The noise and chaos bring no fear. Watching his ally be thrown through the air is almost a boon - she'd not be able to jump in front of his expressions the way she so often happened to. With a slight tilt of his head, the monster runs through his options. Cold, Heat, Acid, Power. Cold won't be expressed fast enough if it continues to move, and Heat won't have much effect against the scales. Acid doesn't effect living creatures, and they're too far from structures to topple something. Thus Power is the best choice. His mind made up, both hands rise from his side, one pointing out at sea while the other curls in a series of rapid movements. In only a moment, small crackles of electrical energy begin to dance along his upper arms. Mirrored across the battlefield, a semicircle area encompassing the snake's head and upper neck (and nearby combatants) would begin to sense the charge in the air, the changing polarity inspiring small electrical discharges into the air from all threatened. He was well aware that he didn't have the energy to provide any serious damage yet, but twinning the 'spell' into both of his hands would help make up some of the deficiency in energy. It wasn't ready to express immediately, but given a few seconds to fully gather the energy from him, he'd give the snake something to worry about.

For now, though, he had another task. Seeing only one unit left even semi-able, he pulls the outstretched arm back and launches the bundle of flares in an arcing throw. "WEREWOLF! Catch!" He was primed to set them off, but charging in to place them himself would be immensely foolish. Surely one of them could do it.
Last edited by DdeeStar on Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
All the characters!