HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would NEVER be able to get it right so I wouldn't try. Even in my fanfic to get Sasha out of the way I put her with Kevin.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Well, thank you everyone for the notes on my handling of Fox's death early in HPZ (Even though he's back as a worker for a Celestial on Mars). Again, I agree I should've handled that part differently, but I didn't. If there is another main character death later on in HPZ (I have none planned), I will remember what you guys said and actually do better build-up and have a better reaction to it from the cast.

On a side note? I'm kind of surprised that THAT was the most controversial moment and not me giving Mungo a new girlfriend (Which was because I hate the Fox/Mungo ship).
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Krytus The Dreamer

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

While I personally support the ship, I can respect we don’t share the same view. I think there’s more backlash at Fox dying than Mungo getting a girlfriend because as long as they’re both alive people can fantasize about them getting together anyway and you killing one of them off wipes any chance of that ever happening. Also Fox is a well liked character before his “supposed” relationship with Mungo.
Last edited by Krytus The Dreamer on Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I mean, bisexual people exist. Shrug
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

I understand what you're both saying. My issue with the ship (and why I hate it) is, and this is all my opinion, I never saw them as anything other then friends. Not lovers, just friends. I personally always shipped Fox and those two huskies he met in Heaven more and wanted Mungo to find his own special someone (or, in HPZ case, Kelly). I'm wording this weird but, end of the day, I just never agreed with the ship as, again, I just saw those two as good friends and not lovers...make sense?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

More time to let their intended relationship simmer, I guess is what you’re saying?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

D-Rock wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:29 pm More time to let their intended relationship simmer, I guess is what you’re saying?
I guess. Admittedly, when it comes to 'love' and 'relationships', I know next to nothing (hence why I made brief mentions of certain characters relationships while only doing marriage scenes for two: Peanut & Duchess and Jata & Lana)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You got off lucky then Sean. I once posted somewhere that I thought Fox and Mungo were better as friends and was called a HOMOPHOBE.

Despite the fact that one sister is bi, the other does identify as any gender and I have a lesbian first cousin and the only issue I have with said cousin is because she didn't keep in touch with out grandparents who practically raised her when my uncle couldn't be bothered. <_<
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Yeah, some fans take things too far.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Agreed.

Anywho, we REALLY got off the HPZ subject here *laughs* so, let me bring it back a bit by saying the names of the next few arcs I have in store (Not the chapters within said arcs) and...see if you can guess what the storyline for these will be (Just for fun). Right now, we're in RETURN OF UNDEAD NIGHTMARES, which is a Dallas arc, the next ones will be (I'm not ready to reveal Arc's 7 and 8 yet):

Arc 2: Enemy From A Distant Past, Present, And Future (A Mungo and Zach arc)
Arc 3: Biohazardous Materials (Kix, Slayder, and Terrance)
Arc 4: (No name decided yet, but it is another Zach and Mungo arc)
Arc 5: Origins Of Evil
Arc 6: Return To The MultiVerse (A Mungo Arc)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I look forward to the Slayder arc as well as Elena's reappearance! Since she is now his girlfriend so that will be fun. XD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:56 am I look forward to the Slayder arc as well as Elena's reappearance! Since she is now his girlfriend so that will be fun. XD
Huh? I never said Elena was Slayder's girlfriend. Slayder doesn't even have a girlfriend, let alone interested in a love life at this time. But, if you want Elena to be his in your headcannon, go right ahead, I'm cool with it!
Krytus The Dreamer

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

With what you've given me I can only make two guesses.

Arc 3: Probably the aftermath of Dallas' Arc where to get to the bottom of the second zombie outbreak Kix, Slayder and Terrence are tasked with helping clear out the left over corpses and something bad happens I guess?

Arc 6: Joey is unavailable or missing and the group that first recruited him to the multiversal version of the avengers look for the next best candidate from his universe which happens to be Mungo. OrJoey nominated Mungo in case anything ever happens to him.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:57 am Arc 3: Probably the aftermath of Dallas' Arc where to get to the bottom of the second zombie outbreak Kix, Slayder and Terrence are tasked with helping clear out the left over corpses and something bad happens I guess?
I wasn't going to say anything as I want to keep these arcs a surprise...but you just somehow figured out what the third arc is about O.O
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

SeanWolf wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:18 am
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:56 am I look forward to the Slayder arc as well as Elena's reappearance! Since she is now his girlfriend so that will be fun. XD
Huh? I never said Elena was Slayder's girlfriend. Slayder doesn't even have a girlfriend, let alone interested in a love life at this time. But, if you want Elena to be his in your headcannon, go right ahead, I'm cool with it!
Maybe not right now but that doesn't mean that he won't at some point. ;)

When that happens Elena calls dibs! I guessed another thing right about the reference Joey was going for with Viewtiful Joe.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:38 pm When that happens Elena calls dibs! I guessed another thing right about the reference Joey was going for with Viewtiful Joe.
Yeah, that one still surprises me how you got that! I was under the impression not alot of folks remembered that game but you proved me wrong!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Dude got two games from a well-known publisher, an anime, and appearances in two vs. Capcom games, one of which was the highly acclaimed Marvel Vs. Capcom.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

D-Rock wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:15 pm Dude got two games from a well-known publisher, an anime, and appearances in two vs. Capcom games, one of which was the highly acclaimed Marvel Vs. Capcom.
And that's why I need to do more research if I'm gonna make video game references. :?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Actually. I got the Viewtiful Joe reference from the brief anime run that is had in 2006. I never knew about the video games.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Since we've been chatting about it, I'm curious and I seriously would like to know: Which storyline and/or arc was your favorite in HousepetZ and which one was your least favorite?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm biased and I can't remember EXACTLY which arc either so I am sure that will count against me but the one where Mungo and Elena broke up.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

While I've been working on the next chapter, I've been giving some serious thought about not just the future of HousepetZ, but its story on a whole. After giving it some thought, I've come to a decision: This arc I'm working on now, Return Of Undead Nightmares, will serve as a soft-reboot to HPZ on a whole and, going forth, all stories will be better connected within their arcs. Don't worry, I'm not erasing any character development I've done nor anything similar. All I'm doing is just doing a fix to the story on a whole and this arc will help out with that.

With that said, I have decided to make a couple arcs non-canon on to HPZ on a whole. Those arcs are as followed:
Rush Hour
Babylon Garden's Most Wanted
I'm A Agent Of Chaos, Do I Look Like A Ferret With A Plan?
Partners In Crime (mainly the stuff involving Custom Ink)
The ENTIRE Pandora's Box series
The Town Trilogy that took place after Bat Out Of The Netherworld 3.

So, what does this also mean for certain events that happened in those stories? Well:
- Custom Ink isn't arrested but is hiding out after her cult were arrested.
- Steward is still alive
- The one-off character of Elena is returning and will get a new bf (A German shepherd named Soap MacTavish)

Again, just a small announcement of my pains for HPZ going forth....along with this: Say hello to Phase 1 of this new HousepetZ story :)
Attachments
IMG_20221115_124106_323.jpg
IMG_20221115_124106_323.jpg (50.06 KiB) Viewed 8846 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looking forward to seeing Elena again in the comic but I don't know about Soap MacTavish except that he is a character from "Call of Duty".

Is he gonna end up dead? Because I want Elena to be happy for a few arcs.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:07 pm Looking forward to seeing Elena again in the comic but I don't know about Soap MacTavish except that he is a character from "Call of Duty".

Is he gonna end up dead? Because I want Elena to be happy for a few arcs.
Yes he is. In an early HPZ arc, I had him cameo as a German shepherd but I think gonna make him a permanent cast member. And no he ain't gonna die at all (I won't kill off any newcomers at all or current cast members anymore) so Elena will remain happy.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Two more followup questions. Is he related to Ralph and is his name Soap because he gets dirty a lot? XD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:30 pm Two more followup questions. Is he related to Ralph and is his name Soap because he gets dirty a lot? XD
No, he's not related and :lol: nah but that is an Interesting origin for his name!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that you missed an opportunity then. He is named Soap because he gets covered in stuff. Like falling in mud or getting sent flying into a manure pile. XD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 4 WILL go up this weekend! I finally got some free time and I'm going to get it uploaded! So stay tuned!

Meanwhile...I GUESS I can tease what's next for HousepetZ AFTER Phase 1 (Along with the official title of the Phase) :)
Attachments
HousepetZ Phase 2.png
HousepetZ Phase 2.png (73.82 KiB) Viewed 8627 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looking forward to the next chapter then! I am sure it will be just as wonderful as the previous chapters!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Disastrous Transports
Chapter 4: The Longest Night Of Their Lives

Dallas sat on the couch in the Employee Lounge, his arms folded across his stomach as his heart pounded heavily against his chest. The few survivors in the room with him were quietly talking and trying to help one another calm down as the only human in the room was talking on his phone to someone.

“Let this just be a nightmare…please let this be a nightmare…” Dallas mumbled quietly to himself. He heard the horror stories of those who survived the original outbreak all those years ago and he hoped he’d never have to experience one himself. But, alas, even if he closed his eyes and even if he pinched himself, his worst fears were true; This nightmare was real and he was living it. All he wanted to do was to go home and be with his friends and family where he was safe. He wanted to hide in his room with his entertainment and wait this out like he did in Florida. He wanted other people, more qualified people, to be out there handling this and leaving him safe in his home. He just wanted to be out of this nightmare.

“You OK, mate?” Dallas shook a bit as Monté sat next to him, placing a paw on his shoulder. Dallas looked at him and shook his head. “I’m scared, Monté. I’m just scared.”

“We all are, Dallas. We all are.” Monté sighed, gently patting his shoulder, like a father to their child. “We all want nothing more than to just wake up and see that this was all just a bad dream. But we mustn't let that get the best of us. Fear is the greatest enemy we’ll ever face in our lifetime. Not zombies, not a bully from our youth, not even an invading force from space, but fear.” As he spoke, the others in the room turned to listen to the kelpie, each one going through what Dallas was going through. “The moment we let fear into our lives and affect our way of life even in the slightest? You’ll have a heck of a time trying to get rid of it. Why? Cause it already got its talons latched into you and it won’t let go without a fight. Plus, everytime you give in to your fear? Oh, it’s sitting back and laughing! Proud that it got you good! But, you want to know something? Fear has its own fear.”

Dallas looked up and tilted his head to the side. “Wh-what do you mean?”

“You know what the greatest thing that fear fears? Hope. It fears hope and that is what we all need right now; Hope. Hope that we will survive tonight. Hope that we will be rescued. Hope that we will make it out alive. Hope that we’ll see the sun rise tomorrow and that this nightmare will be behind us. The more we focus on the positives and the good things? The weaker fear becomes and the more powerful we become. I’m not saying we’ll be invincible to zed attacks, oh dog no! But the more we give into hope and let that embrace us? The less likely fear will win.”

Though it was small, the survivors in the room felt a bit at ease after hearing the kelpie’s speech, including Dallas as he leaned in to give Monté a hug, the kelpie chuckling and hugging him back.

“That was a beautiful speech, sir,” one of the survivors commented, a small tear in her eye. A human male walked over to the group and added, “I agree with the husky here, kelpie. That was a good speech.”

Monté smiled as the human continued, “Well, I got some good news; the local police have set up a base outside and are working on rescuing any and all survivors, us included.”

Good news, yes, but one survivor asked if there was any bad news and the human, much to the group's disappointment, nodded.

“Bad news? They…don’t know when exactly they’ll be able to mount any sort of rescue.”

The group became worried. “So…we’re stuck here?”

Mayor Marcinko nodded. “For now, yes. But, like the kelpie said; we shouldn’t let fear get a hold of us. Lets, for now, just keep our minds thinking good thoughts and focus on the now. By ‘now’, I mean we should probably introduce ourselves.”

He cleared his throat. “My name’s Drake Marcinko, The mayor of River Ridge.”

Dallas’ ears suddenly perked up as a small feeling of happiness came to him. “Ri-River Ridge?”

“Yes?” Drake replied.

For the first time since the attack, Dallas smiled. “My name’s Dallas, and I’m from Babylon Gardens! The kelpie here’s name’s Monté.”

Drake smiled as he and Monté exchanged waves with each other. He then said to Dallas, “It’s nice to see a local face around here.” Dallas smiled once more as the next survivor, a female husky, spoke.

“My name’s Misty,” she began. “I’m also from Babylon Gardens, and I was working in the hospital during the first zombie attack.”

“Ooof, that had to have been a nightmare.” Monté interjected. Misty nodded and sighed. “It was. For a while, I couldn’t sleep, as I kept hearing the screams as it happened. I’m doing better now, but for a while?” She shook her head as Monté patted her on the shoulder.

From behind her, another voice then spoke, one that caught them off guard with how deep it was. “Name’s Dakota.”

The survivors turned around and their eyes widened. Standing behind Misty was a 6ft tall built Clydesdale.

“Y’all never saw a horse before?”

“Horse? Yes. A two legged one?” Drake shook his head.

Dakota nodded and began to explain, “Well, I wasn’t always a horse. One day, I’m cleaning the stables down at Tinstar Ranch, then out of the blue, I turned into a horse. I didn’t recall making any deals with anyone or the like, so I just accepted it and, well, here I am.”

Though Monté, Misty, and Dallas were surprised at what they heard, Mayor Marcinko, on the other hand, wasn’t. “So, you were another one hit by Tarot’s wish.”

“Tarot?” Dakota asked.

“Yeah, long story short, she had some medallion that granted her wishes, and one of her wishes was to turn the world into animals and put the blame on a now-dead Celestial being named Kitsune…”

“How do you know this?” Dallas asked, seemingly confused at what he was hearing.

“Well and please don’t call me crazy…but a black cat and a dragon told me.” The mayor replied, worried that they, as he feared, would call him crazy.

But, to his surprise, Dallas believed him. “I have had experience with that Dragon and black cat. Her name’s Sabrina, so you’re not crazy.” The mayor sighed in relief. It felt good to know there were people out who believed him.

Misty, on the other hand, was more confused with Dakota. “If you were a human…then how did you turn into a bipedal horse? Everyone else who was hit either became a bipedal canine or feline or became a quadruped animal.”

“Yeah…why were you turned into a two-legged version of a horse?” The mayor inquired, equally as confused. “From the reports gathered, most everyone else who was anthrofied either became a two-legged animal, while some became four-legged animals. So, the fact that you became a two-legged horse is, well, interesting.”

Dakota, thinking it over for a bit, shrugged his arms as even he didn’t know why he became a bipedal horse, let alone a horse altogether. He looked over at the mayor, saying that he probably just got lucky when he was hit. The mayor, in response, shrugged his arms. “I guess? Honestly, the extent of what Tarot did is still unknown to us. We know the whole world was hit, but we all assumed it was just humans turning into canines and felines. But seeing as there’s a horse here? Either Tarot’s wish was more involved or—”

“—Or there was another party involved,” Misty interjected.

“What makes you think that?” The mayor asked.

“Well,” Misty began, “Call it a theory, but really think about it. With all the Celestials that have been popping up lately around the world, not the least of which including those from Asgard, wouldn’t it make a little sense for there to be one who’s on the wrong side of the coin, so to speak?”

“Like, say, an Anti-Celestial?” Dakota asked.

“Maybe. Think back to the third day after the first outbreak was over. Keene Milton gave that speech detailing what had happened and mentioned a Celestial named Seker who, from my research at the time (and by that I mean a quick internet search), is a god of death.” Misty explained while crossing her arms and leaning back on her seat. “I bring that up because it makes me wonder: What if there’s another one like Seker out there? One who’s really into the eradication of all human life on Earth?” The group chatted among themselves for a bit and thought about what Misty theorized.

“That’s a good theory, Misty. But there’s one small tiny problem with it: Why only some humans? Why did some become anthrofied while others stayed human? To me, if you’re gonna do something on that scale, you do it to every human, just not a select number of them.” Monté said. “I mean, it would explain the current zombie outbreak we’re experiencing, though that raises even more questions. Like, why are only humans the one being infected and not animals? Same time, if there was another Celestial at play? Just who exactly is doing this?” Monté huffed. “There’s just too many questions and not enough answers in the world.” Not even Misty had an answer as she too was stumped.

“Well, if you ask me, what we should be doing right now is focusing on our survival. At least until help arrives.” Dakota interjected, then turning his attention to the Mayor. “How many magazines do you have for that gun, Mayor?” He looked at his gun then back at Dakota. “Aside from the half one in the gun? Two; it was all I was able to get from my security guard at the time. I do have some experience in the army so they won’t go to waste, but it probably won’t be enough if we end up getting overrun.” While the Mayor and Dakota discussed their options, Misty and Monté chatted among themselves, trying to keep hope alive between them, seeing as that’s all they had at the moment. Dallas, meanwhile, stood up and walked over to a rack of magazines and grabbed the first one that looked the most readable. A task that was easier said than done as, much to his annoyance, the magazines were either entertainment gossip pieces or Time magazines. None of which piqued his interests in the slightest. You’d think an employee lounge would have more varied reading material, he thought as he browsed the rack a bit more for anything that could kill the time until help arrives. He soon, however, was pulled from the magazine. He wasn’t sure if it was just his mind playing tricks but he thought he heard something very faint. He looked over at the others, all of whom were still talking with each other. “Hey?” He said with a slight whistle, getting their attention. “Did you guys hear something just now?”

“I didn’t hear anything.” Mayor Marcinko answered, Dakota saying the same as the only thing he heard was the mayor talking. Monté shook his head as he didn’t hear anything, too. However, Misty answered differently. “You mean that faint noise just now? Yeah, I heard it too. Could be wrong, but it sounded like a gunshot.”

“Gunshot? How were you…” Dakota began to say before the Mayor shushed him, saying he now just heard it as well. The thought of rescue finally coming for them brought a modicum of hope to them. Yet, as quickly as it arrived, it vanished, as both Dallas and Misty couldn’t hear the sounds anymore. Instead, they were replaced with slow, heavy, yet soft, footsteps and they were getting uncomfortably louder. The Mayor and Dakota backed away quickly from the door as Misty, Monté, and Dallas took cover behind them, Monté placing a reassuring arm on Dallas who was breathing heavily once more to help him calm down.

“Everyone keep quiet.” hushed the Mayor, carefully raising his gun towards the door and taking the safety off. Sweat began running down his forehead as he, too, was fearful of what was coming. He knew he’d have to make every shot count if it was the undead. Step by step, the footsteps grew louder, now sounding like there were more than one, and soon they were right outside the door. I’m ready for you, freaks, the Mayor mumbled very quietly to himself, the gun still trained on the door and just as he placed his finger on the trigger…”Mr. Mayor! Are you in there?” He took his finger off the trigger and was as confused as the others. Zombies don’t talk, he thought with a raised eyebrow. He cleared his throat and answered, still wary of the situation, “Y-yeah. We’re in here…who’s out there?”

“I’m Lieutenant Hagus with the New Rhodia City K9 SWAT Team. We’re here to get you and the others out, can you let us in?” Misty, Monté, and Dallas all breathed a sigh of relief and embraced each other while Dakota pumped his fist in the air with a ‘yeah!” as the Mayor opened the door for the K9 SWAT Team. A lightly colored husky in full gear, along with four other members of his squad, entered the room, the husky ordering two of them to stay by the door and the other two to check the other survivors out.

“I’m real glad to see you, Lieutenant.” The Mayor said, shaking the husky’s paw. “I was honestly worried help wouldn’t arrive until later.” Hagus smiled. “Well, seeing as we’re dealing with zombies, we figured you guys didn’t want to wait too long in here. How are they looking?” he asked his teammate.

“They’re clean!” The German Shepherd answered while checking over Dallas. “Other than this one being a bit shook up, but I think he’ll make it.” Hagus nodded then turned to the Mayor. “You guys ready to leave? We got a base set up outside for any survivors and we’ll make sure you all are cleaned before sending you guys home.” The Mayor, along with the other survivors, all replied that they’re ready to go and so, with Hagus and two other SWAT’s up front and two in the back, they left the safety of the employee lounge and headed for the front entrance of the airport. Though his team did clear a good path ahead of time, there were still some zombies in the place so they had to still play it carefully so as to not cause any problems. Alas, like all good plans, this wasn’t meant to be. As they passed by the food area, and by complete accident, Misty accidently bumped into a table, knocking over a glass that was resting on it.

“Incoming!” The one rear K9 SWAT shouted. From behind, a large group of the undead began approaching them, having been attracted to the sound. With no other options, Hagus shouted for them to double time it for the exit and ran like a bat out of heck, the rear SWAT unit firing their suppressed SMG towards the approaching undead. Suddenly, Dallas tripped over a fallen backpack, grunting as he hit the floor. Dazed at first, he was able to regain himself just enough to see, to his horror, a zombie that was all but ready to pounce. He tried to scream but nothing was leaving his mouth. He tried to move but fear had taken over his muscles and he was seemingly glued to the floor. The zombie crept closer to him as he now felt his heart lodged in his throat. Dallas squeezed his eyes shut as the zombie lunged at him, ready to make a meal out of him. But, instead of feeling the cold hands of death, Dallas felt a blast of air instead. Confused, he opened his eyes and gasped. Standing over him, holding a folded table umbrella, was Dakota. Dropping both it and the twitching zombie to the floor, he picked Dallas up in his arms and held him close. He told him to hold on tight and, like a sprinter at the olympics, Dakota ran like mad for the exit, effortlessly dodging and jumping over fallen items and zombies with ease. Dallas held on with all his might as the mighty Clydesdale ran for freedom, still shaken over almost being eaten alive. Soon, Dakota made it to the exit, kicking one final zombie away who tried to get a taste of horse meat, and ran into the waiting cheering arms of the assembled.

“Thank you.” Dallas said to Dakota. Smiling, he nodded his head, telling him that he wasn’t going to let anything happen to someone as young as him as he handed him to a nearby medical officer, who led him to a nearby tent to check him over. Hagus, seeing Dakota, approached the Clydesdale and handed him a cup of coffee. “Very risky what you did there, sir. You know that, right?” Dakota nodded, sipping the cup of coffee he was handed. “I know. But I’d be darned if I was going to let a kid die.” Hagus agreed and patted him on the side (He wasn’t that tall to reach his shoulder) and walked back over to the situation's tent.

Inside the medical tent, a medical officer was tending to the Mayor, checking him over to make sure he wasn’t bit or infected at all, as another brought a now sleeping Dallas in. The Mayor smiled as he saw Dallas, happy that he survived though now saddened that he was probably going to have nightmares for the rest of his life about today. Still, he thought, at least we’re alive.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Quite a wonderful chapter that you put up! It was definitely worth the wait!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

So, you all may noticed a new format with this chapter as it looks VASTLY different than all the past ones. Well! I am happy to announce that HousepetZ now has an official editor: WrenIsProbablyB0red! HUGE HUGE HUGE thanks to him for helping out with the editing and Welcome Aboard the craziness that is HousepetZ!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I look forward to seeing how your partnership will improve the fanfiction! It is already quite good so it can only get better!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Disastrous Transports
Chapter 5: All According To Plan

The dark, leather-dressed figure looked down from the observation area at the scientists working below, each one toiling away on their latest creation.

Though the scientists often wondered if what they were doing was right, they knew not to question their employer’s decisions, and kept their opinions tucked in their heads as they worked on their project— a project that was going to be their best creation yet.

One of the scientists walked over to the table and attached one of the IV tubes to the creation’s arm, a red liquid then flowed slowly into the creature. Though strapped tightly to the table, its arm twitched ever so slightly, much to the delight of the scientists and their employer, who continued to watch. It wasn’t long until one of them looked up and saw their employer looking down upon them like a deity, then walked over to the nearby intercom to speak to them.

“You will be pleased to know that the Project has accepted the virus with no rejections of any sorts. We will soon be ready to proceed to the testing phase,” informed the scientist.

A cruel smile crossed the figure’s face, their plan coming along as intended. They pushed the intercom button and leaned into the speaker. “Good. Let me know when testing begins. I would like to see the results of your work.”

“Very well,” the scientist replied with a slight nervous tone in their voice, before returning to their work.

The leather-clad figure, in turn, left the observation center, their steel-tipped boots clanged against the floor, echoing around the room, sending chills down the workers' spines. Their dark black leather ensemble contrasted greatly with the bright colors of the hallway, except for the fur on their face, the only part of their body that wasn’t covered in leather.

Passing by two heavily armed guards, each of whom gave a salute, they entered their private office and sat down at their desk, which was an exact copy of Keene Milton’s old desk from his since-destroyed mansion home.

Sitting on the desk was the leather-wearing man’s personal computer, one that was heavily encrypted so that only they could access it.

After a few keyboard taps, they logged in to look over two files they were sent at the start. One contained details on the end goal, video footage of the procedures done, and photos of previous tests; no matter how many times they looked at it, it always brought a smile to their face. It was a file labeled Project: Annihilator.

The other file, labeled Charon, had just finished transferring to his computer, but he was more interested in his latest project at the moment.

“You laid the foundation, my poor, misguided ferret, when you first began this journey.” They spoke as they watched the footage of the ongoing procedure. “But, like many in this wounded world, you were foolish to follow a Celestial for your goal. A Celestial that brought your kingdom crumbling down.”

Opening up a drawer, they pulled out a small case and, from within it, pulled a small vial marked ‘Mana’.

“Well, from the little acorn you planted, a mighty oak shall grow. A mighty oak that holds the key to a future you always dreamed of. A future where the chosen ones thrive in paradise, feasting upon what’s ours. A world where mankind belongs to us.” A devilish grin formed as they gripped the vial. They turned to look out their window, towards the oncoming dark future of the world.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looking forward to seeing where you are gonna take this! It sounds like it will be really awesome!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:50 pm Looking forward to seeing where you are gonna take this! It sounds like it will be really awesome!
Thank you and I do hope this new era of HousepetZ will be worth it!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I honestly can't wait to see what you have planned for Soap and Elena. I know I'm biased but I will admit it straight out. LOL
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:36 pm I honestly can't wait to see what you have planned for Soap and Elena. I know I'm biased but I will admit it straight out. LOL
Well, I can confirm you won't have long to wait!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Good because I wanna know how this character got his nickname of Soap though I did have a theory. Though you told me the theory wasn't that.