Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:28 am Jaken pretended to look mortified and put a hand to his chest. "Of course, sir," he said, words belying actions. "Always best prepared! Probably need shorts and boots too!"
"Right..." Hivemind said, handing Jaken the armored outfit. "Best get changed quickly. We've entered orbit around New Rome. We'll leave deploy once you and Rika are changed and ready."

- - - - -
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:33 am Tatiana took the jammer and nodded, "Semi stealth operation will work well with these." After that she went to the armory to properly prepare, even if she felt her preparations were rather simple. All she really needed was her rifle and maybe a secondary weapon. As she walked, looking over the jammer to familiarize herself with it, she idly wondered what the others would need for such an operation.
"Any preference for your equipment, Tatiana?" the hive droid in the armory asked after helping Jaken and Rika.

-----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:28 am "Best place to get the other side of the argument too," Hannabelle agreed. "We'll need some of the local currency. And I don't mean a card. Some will be cash only."
"Right. Ain't likely they'll take Beacon Credits. I'll check with Hivemind before we head on out to see if he can get some of our credits into denarius." Gear said. "Anythin' else we'll need?"

Hlaoroo wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:48 am The boys glance at each other, both thinking the same thing.
"Aye, we want tae help. But Ah suppose there isnae way tae guarantee we'll be support and nae fightin', is there, sir?" Conall asks.
"It's yer call, Ah think, Sarah. Yer our guard. What dae ye think?"
Hivemind shook his head. "I won't order you to fight while you are down there. But fighting could still break out. I know better than to make promises otherwise."

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:24 am Kaleb flinched when 'Real' Hawk approached, "I-I don't know..." He found it hard to make eye contact but Kaleb had to know "I'm sorry but I couldn't help but overhear but Wh-What do you plan on doing to him? The reploid I mean."

Kaleb's animal registry
Therian Shift: Cheetah Speed
Thinking capacity: 8/8
"I want to know what he's doing on the ship and how he managed to get past security." Hivemind said. "He will be sent to the Server where I will interrogate him. Depending on how that goes, he will either stand trial likely in an interplanetary court, be referred to a reformation facility, or allowed to live a civilian life while constantly being monitored. He will not be killed... no matter how what comes next looks like."

Hivemind took a box from one of the larger droids and opened it up. Inside was a sort of pistol-like device hooked up to a complicated computer system and a display where a scope would be. He took the 'gun' and handed it over to the real Hawk. "This is a digitizer. It will dematerialize the fake version of you and upload his consciousness and information directly into the Server. As it technically does not hurt or cause any physical injury, his healing factor will not stop this from working. I will allow you to take care of this, but you will need to give this back immediately afterwards. Understood?"

Legotron123 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:49 pm "Smart addition." Lewis said as he and his mother looked over their armor. It was quite impressive how shabby it looked on the outside, while being just as impressive as usual on the inside.
The two of them put the armor on, looking for all the world like grizzled mercenaries. Once done, Liz looked over towards Hivemind. "So, what do you have in mind for us?"
"Pick some weapons of your choice. There are traditional kinetic weapons that wouldn't look out of place in a merc's hands. Even if it's just for show, it'll sell the bit a bit better. Once you're comfortable with your loadout, head down to hanger 265. I'll have a Sparrow waiting to take you and your team down to the surface."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:25 pm "I want to know what he's doing on the ship and how he managed to get past security." Hivemind said. "He will be sent to the Server where I will interrogate him. Depending on how that goes, he will either stand trial likely in an interplanetary court, be referred to a reformation facility, or allowed to live a civilian life while constantly being monitored. He will not be killed... no matter how what comes next looks like."

Hivemind took a box from one of the larger droids and opened it up. Inside was a sort of pistol-like device hooked up to a complicated computer system and a display where a scope would be. He took the 'gun' and handed it over to the real Hawk. "This is a digitizer. It will dematerialize the fake version of you and upload his consciousness and information directly into the Server. As it technically does not hurt or cause any physical injury, his healing factor will not stop this from working. I will allow you to take care of this, but you will need to give this back immediately afterwards. Understood?"
Hawk carefully took the device into his paw, his finger off the trigger and the barrel pointing towards the floor, and looked it over. It was a long time coming but it was finally happening. On this day? Hawk Redsky was finally going to begin rebuilding his reputation and it starts with what Hivemind had given him. He looked at Hivemind as a sincere and genuine smile formed on his face and nodded, silently thanking him for trusting him and, more importantly, believing him. Spotting his ship from where they were (It's large and unique shape made it very hard to conceal, let alone blend in), Hawk stood up, closed his eyes, and took a few slow, deep, methodical breaths. It's time, he thought as he began to make his way over to his ship.

"Anyway, I better show you were I keep some spare weapons," Hawk said to Sana as he walked over to a nearby wallpad, raising his paw to enter the necessary code, "I know Hivemind supplied you with some, but if you need anymorARRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Suddenly and with a loud scream, Hawk Redsky, the wolf she knew for just a few moments, very quickly dematerialized right before Sana's eyes. Outside the ship and holding the now-somewhat warm digitizer was, to the shock of those who were watching, another Hawk Redsky. Taking his finger off the trigger, he lowered the digitizer and collapsed to his knees, a small tear of joy, not sadness, trickling down his face. He looked over at Hivemind, who had followed him, and handed him the digitizer back.

"Thank you...from the bottom of my heart, thank you for trusting me and allowing me to handle him." He said sincerely, "I wish I had gotten to him sooner I mean...he is the reason why I have the reputation I do now. He's the reason why I was considered the deadliest hunter in the universe and why I have that hit on my head. I've been trying to clear my name and repair my reputation but...once you get that label, it's hard to erase...but, with the reploid out of the way? I really do feel like the sun is finally beginning to rise and remove the darkness that clouded my life." Wiping a tear away, Hawk stood up and looked at his ship, something he hadn't seen in a few years, before standing up and looking at Hivemind. "Hivemind?" he said as he stretched his paw out. "If you are still interested...I would like to join your family of Champions: Officially."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Krytus The Dreamer

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:25 pm "I want to know what he's doing on the ship and how he managed to get past security." Hivemind said. "He will be sent to the Server where I will interrogate him. Depending on how that goes, he will either stand trial likely in an interplanetary court, be referred to a reformation facility, or allowed to live a civilian life while constantly being monitored. He will not be killed... no matter how what comes next looks like."

Kaleb hesitated and didn't say a word as he followed. Hawk did mention he was a wanted bounty hunter but at the same time, Hawk did rescue him and was going to take him under his wing to control his powers better. Still, Hivemind made it clear that Hawk was a threat to the BOH's security, the gun was only going to detain him so it wasn't like Hawk was going to be executed. Right?
SeanWolf wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:38 pm Hawk carefully took the device into his paw, his finger off the trigger and the barrel pointing towards the floor, and looked it over. It was a long time coming but it was finally happening. On this day? Hawk Redsky was finally going to begin rebuilding his reputation and it starts with what Hivemind had given him. He looked at Hivemind as a sincere and genuine smile formed on his face and nodded, silently thanking him for trusting him and, more importantly, believing him. Spotting his ship from where they were (It's large and unique shape made it very hard to conceal, let alone blend in), Hawk stood up, closed his eyes, and took a few slow, deep, methodical breaths. It's time, he thought as he began to make his way over to his ship.

"Anyway, I better show you were I keep some spare weapons," Hawk said to Sana as he walked over to a nearby wallpad, raising his paw to enter the necessary code, "I know Hivemind supplied you with some, but if you need anymorARRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Suddenly and with a loud scream, Hawk Redsky, the wolf she knew for just a few moments, very quickly dematerialized right before Sana's eyes.
Kaleb's eyes widened at the sight. Even though he had been reassured that the Hawk he knew was still alive something deep within Kaleb stirred. The scream, the pain embedded in his voice as he vanished in less than a second was much like... like... the others. The memory hit Kaleb like a flaming spaceship re-entering orbit. He wasn't the only one who was caught up in the explosion that resulted in his powers awakening, just the only one to walk away from it relatively unharmed. Sure he had been turned into a sentient dog, but others became handicapped, scarred for life, burnt beyond recognition. If he hadn't awakened his powers when he did would that have been his fate too? It was something he had been repressing and witnessing Hawk's "supposed" demise caused the dog's panic to skyrocket.

Then he felt something within himself stir and collapsed at the forced sensation of his body activating his powers.

It was similar to the effects of the collar but it wasn't an outside force that was enacting changes on his body it was something from the inside. There was no pain, but there wasn't anything Kaleb could do to hold it back either. Against his conscious will, his body lost the cheetah coloration and instead packed on mountains of muscle as his body expanded to the size of an elephant complete with two tusks coming out his jaw, his tail elongated as a scaly hide grew underneath his armor. The finishing touches came in the form of two extra legs sprouted from his side as his claws sharpened to a point. As all the physical changes occurred there was also a change to his mental capacity. The rational side of Kaleb that reassured him that Hawk wasn't dead was suddenly drowned out in the roars of his base instincts.

"Give... Back..." Kaleb's new hulking mass of combined animal DNA growled in a deepened more feral voice as he picked himself up. "Give... Back... Friend..." He stomped forward tears coming from his eyes, "Give... Back... Hero... Who… Save… Life…"

Kaleb's animal registry
Therian Shift: Elephant's size and Tusks + Saltwater Crocodile's Scale hide, tail and fangs (-2) + Darwin's Barkspider, extra legs and spinner (-2) + Lion's Claws (-2)
Thinking capacity: 2/8
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

This... was a bit new to Sana. The disintegrating associate had her jaw dropping. The sound of another Hawk had her spinning. The sight of Kaleb changing had her drawing her little gun and trying to cover everyone with it (Even a Hivemind). "What... what's going on," she shouted, trying to sound confident (and failing totally). "I'm a IOC nerd with a gun! You better tell me..!"
-------------------------------------
Jaken trotted into the changing room next to Miss Rikas and pulled on his new not-combat suit. He might have declared he'd prefer a combat role but he was Miss Rika's bodyguard. And that was a special role. "I'm ready," he claimed.
------------------------------------
Jenny sighed. "There's no point striving to change a perfect universe, hun," she said, resting a hand on his shoulder. "Some planets just have a lot further to go than others." A smile. "We'll help get 'em there."
------------------------------------
Hannabelle thought on that. "Medications." she said at length. "Not for use. For trade. The real thing's always available here but it's very expensive. There's a few traders who distribute the real stuff under the non existent counter. For profit. If you want 'safe' contact with nefarious types, that's a good way to get it."
-----------------------------------
Corp picked himself out a single firearm and changed his jacket, keeping the knife rig concealed. under it. The tactical helmet he kept. "Can't tell me a knife rig wouldn't be used by mercenaries," he grumbled.
----------------------------------
"We fight If'n we needs," Sarah said, signing for Cailean's benefit. "Bett'r get some clobber* on."

* Clothes (or armour in this case.)
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:18 pm "Give... Back..." Kaleb's new hulking mass of combined animal DNA growled in a deepened more feral voice as he picked himself up. "Give... Back... Friend..." He stomped forward tears coming from his eyes, "Give... Back... Hero... Who… Save… Life…"

Kaleb's animal registry
Therian Shift: Elephant's size and Tusks + Saltwater Crocodile's Scale hide, tail and fangs (-2) + Darwin's Barkspider, extra legs and spinner (-2) + Lion's Claws (-2)
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:48 am This... was a bit new to Sana. The disintegrating associate had her jaw dropping. The sound of another Hawk had her spinning. The sight of Kaleb changing had her drawing her little gun and trying to cover everyone with it (Even a Hivemind). "What... what's going on," she shouted, trying to sound confident (and failing totally). "I'm a IOC nerd with a gun! You better tell me..!"
To say the situation went from good to bad would be putting it lightly. On the one side, there was an IOC personal holding a small firearm and pointing it towards whatever they could. On the other? A MASSIVE hulking creature who, from what Hawk was able to quickly gather, seemed to be a friend of the Hawk Reploid. Just how much damage did this guy cause, Hawk wondered as the beast approached him, looking ready to attack at the drop of a pin. Hawk needed to act fast and defuse the situation and in such a way that would deter any bloodshed or firing of guns. An idea then came to him, one that was risky but worth the shot. Though he didn't know much about the tech, he knew just enough to grab the digitizer back from Hivemind and activate the viewscreen on it. "Hey er um..." Hawk needed to say something to creature but nothing insulting. "SIr? I don't know what had happened between you and the reploid...but if he claimed he was your friend? I'm sorry, but he was using you for his own ideals..." He turned the viewscreen towards the creature. "Look, he's still alive. Just being, I guess, interrogated to figure out why he came him and why he replaced me. What will happened to him later, I have no idea, but you need to understand: That Hawk was not your friend and was more likely to use you as a tool for his own exploits." As he held the screen towards the creature, he turned his attention towards the small creature with the even smaller gun. "And to answer your question, person-I-don't-know-the-name-of-and-I-apologize? That Hawk was a Reploid and was the reason why I have the violent reputation I do."
Krytus The Dreamer

At first, Kaleb didn't want to believe in what the real Hawk was telling him. It all had to be a lie, there was no way Hawk would do something like that. Yet through the discord of rage, confusion, and fear, Kaleb's voice of reason managed to speak loud enough to be heard.

"It... True?" Kaleb backed off, "Want... Hear... Him... Speak... Truth... To... Face." Kaleb looked desperately at the screen presented to him, hoping beyond hope it was some kind of elaborate joke, "Use... Me... Like... Tool? We... Not... Really... Friend? Me... Just... Monster?"

Kaleb's animal registry
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:03 am At first, Kaleb didn't want to believe in what the real Hawk was telling him. It all had to be a lie, there was no way Hawk would do something like that. Yet through the discord of rage, confusion, and fear, Kaleb's voice of reason managed to speak loud enough to be heard.

"It... True?" Kaleb backed off, "Want... Hear... Him... Speak... Truth... To... Face." Kaleb looked desperately at the screen presented to him, hoping beyond hope it was some kind of elaborate joke, "Use... Me... Like... Tool? We... Not... Really... Friend? Me... Just... Monster?"

Kaleb's animal registry
Hawk nodded. "I'm sorry to say this...but it's true. Why he intended to use you is beyond me, though I don't doubt it was for any good purposes, and I hope Hivemind is able to figure it out and make sure he doesn't hurt anyone ever again." He then looked at the beast, his eyes showing no malice or lies. "I know how it feels to be used and treated as a monster. I've lived with that for many years myself, longer than most everyone on board this station - Hivemind not included - so I know it can be tough and heartbreaking to put your trust in someone that treated you as a friend, only for them to stab you in the back later. Believe me, I know that from experience." He stepped closer to the beast. "Though I gave enough proof to show that I am the real Hawk, you have every right not to trust me...but I ask that you at least give me a chance to prove myself to you. It may take a day, it may take a week, it may be years, but I ask that you give me this chance. Please." Hawk stretched his paw out towards the beast, offering it to shake.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Reploid. Sana had heard the term. She'd never quite believed it though. She'd never encountered one. She'd probably better put the gun away. Or, at least, stop pointing it at people. "Um... If... Mr Hivemind is going to say you're real because he says you are but.. can YOU prove it?" Were her knees still knocking? She gave a slight grin, mostly insecure. "He knew how to fly this," she finished, indicating the shuttle.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Krytus The Dreamer

"No..." Kaleb growled, "Want... Him..." He gestured at the digitizer with his snout, "Say... it..." The tears dripping from his eyes were beginning to make puddles below him. "I... friend? I... just... tool... used... when... need?" Kaleb couldn't hold back a guttural animalistic growl. "Want... Truth."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Still trembling and certain she could smell something burning, Sana stepped towards her big colleague and patted his side. "Hey," she said, trying a confidence she didn't feel. She gave him a shaky smile. "You'll be fine, Kaleb." The Fennekin gave Hawk a quick glance. "Agent Sylvie Sana, by the way," she said.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:54 am "No..." Kaleb growled, "Want... Him..." He gestured at the digitizer with his snout, "Say... it..." The tears dripping from his eyes were beginning to make puddles below him. "I... friend? I... just... tool... used... when... need?" Kaleb couldn't hold back a guttural animalistic growl. "Want... Truth."
Realizing that the creature wanted to hear it from the Reploid's mouth and not his, Hawk nodded and began looking over the digitizer's controls, seeing if there was any way for audio to come through (He had never used one but has seem them in action a few times). After a bit of messing about, he finally found the audio button and pressed it. "...Fine, I came to the Beacon to learn how it and the so-called Champions worked so that I could relay the info back to my creator for him to create reploids of them and shape them into what these champs should've been: A Galactic Army the likes of which would make the aspects scared." the Reploid, who in reality was Reploid Model-7391C, said to the person interrogating him, "The weapon I was training, I don't care what his name was as he's just that; a weapon. When the time was right, I was going to use him to stage an attack on the Beacon while I did my work. If he died? Well, just shows how much of a failure..." Hawk shut the audio off rather quickly as he could tell this was troubling the creature. "Kaleb...that's your name?" He asked the creature. "I'm sorry you had to hear that...but don't let it eat at you. You're not a weapon and you're not a beast. You are Kaleb and no one can change that." He looked down at the digitizer. "Believe me when I say if I wanted to, I would've killed that Reploid. But, here's the thing: If I did? I'd be no worse than him and I'd have blood on my paws that I know I'd never be able to wash off. Yes, everybody, even heroes, has that urge to kill. But it's the ability to fight that urge and do what's right that really makes a hero a hero."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:30 pm Reploid. Sana had heard the term. She'd never quite believed it though. She'd never encountered one. She'd probably better put the gun away. Or, at least, stop pointing it at people. "Um... If... Mr Hivemind is going to say you're real because he says you are but.. can YOU prove it?" Were her knees still knocking? She gave a slight grin, mostly insecure. "He knew how to fly this," she finished, indicating the shuttle.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:30 pm Still trembling and certain she could smell something burning, Sana stepped towards her big colleague and patted his side. "Hey," she said, trying a confidence she didn't feel. She gave him a shaky smile. "You'll be fine, Kaleb." The Fennekin gave Hawk a quick glance. "Agent Sylvie Sana, by the way," she said.
He looked over to Agent Sylvie Sana, who had walked over to comfort Kaleb. "Nice to meet you, Sylvie." He said smiling, "To answer your question from a bit ago: Yes. I can fly that...I mean, I should. It's my own personal ship the reploid stole from me...and by the looks of it, did a pretty bad job at flying it, judging by the scratch marks on the fuselage."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I am sorry, Kaleb." Hivemind said, bravely placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "The truth is... I ordered him not to kill you. I wanted to save you. He was always looking for ways to get around the Champion's 'no-kill' rule as though he wanted to kill something. He likely would not have saved you, given the condition you were in when we first met, had I not threatened to fire him for insubordination if he killed you. I understand this is a major betrayal of your trust. I know you're not sure who to believe. He betrayed my trust too."

"I know you probably don't trust me. But I do trust you. And I want to help you, Kaleb. You are worth it. He didn't see that, but I did. He just wanted to defeat you, to prove his strength yesterday, but I ordered him not to. I had hoped he would have realized after seeing you freed how worth it you are, but... I was wrong."
-Champion Motto

Krytus The Dreamer

Kaleb felt white-hot rage flow through his veins and the tears coming from his eyes wouldn't stop. His base instincts wanted to run rampant and destroy everything in sight and Kaleb almost gave into it by raising his right claw high to strike Hivemind who had gotten the closest in his line of sight. For a split second, Kaleb the human was gone, his eyes narrowed and conveyed nothing of the human mind that used to command his body. Kaleb bared his fangs ready to tear through Hivemind, but as his claw slashed downward, Kaleb came back just in time to divert the strike to a few inches to Hivemind's left not harming the droid but definitely leaving a dent in the floor. Kaleb pulled his head back before raising it high to deliver a bestial howl that resonated with the pain of FauxHawk's betrayal as his Therian Shift came undone leaving behind a deceptively looking normal white dog clad in armor that managed to stay intact.

"I... am... not..." he panted with haggard and labored breath "A... Monster."

Kaleb took one step toward the ship, just wanting to get the mission over with but staggered and fell over. Not unconscious just exhausted from a combination of holding together such a complex conglomerate of animal DNA together and inexperience with tapping into so much of his power.

Kaleb's animal registry
Therian Shift: Inactive
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:41 pm Kaleb felt white-hot rage flow through his veins and the tears coming from his eyes wouldn't stop. His base instincts wanted to run rampant and destroy everything in sight and Kaleb almost gave into it by raising his right claw high to strike Hivemind who had gotten the closest in his line of sight. For a split second, Kaleb the human was gone, his eyes narrowed and conveyed nothing of the human mind that used to command his body. Kaleb bared his fangs ready to tear through Hivemind, but as his claw slashed downward, Kaleb came back just in time to divert the strike to a few inches to Hivemind's left not harming the droid but definitely leaving a dent in the floor. Kaleb pulled his head back before raising it high to deliver a bestial howl that resonated with the pain of FauxHawk's betrayal as his Therian Shift came undone leaving behind a deceptively looking normal white dog clad in armor that managed to stay intact.

"I... am... not..." he panted with haggard and labored breath "A... Monster."

Kaleb took one step toward the ship, just wanting to get the mission over with but staggered and fell over. Not unconscious just exhausted from a combination of holding together such a complex conglomerate of animal DNA together and inexperience with tapping into so much of his power.

Kaleb's animal registry
Therian Shift: Inactive
Handing the digitizer, again, back to Hivemind, Hawk walked over to the exhausted Kaleb softly. Taking his flight jacket off, he carefully laid it on the dog and, still being gentle, picked him and walked into his ship, laying him down on the one sofa. "Rest now, little one." He whispered, rubbing his paw gently across the dog's head, "May your dreams be filled with visions of paradise as the guardians wipe the nightmares of the day away." As he stood up, slowly as so not to disturb him, he noticed a nearby case, one that he instantly recognized as his revolver case, and picked up it before exiting the ship. "Sylvie, could you do me a favor and watch over Kaleb as he sleeps? If he's hungry when he wakes up, there's a food replicator in the kitchen you can use." He asked Sylvie once he was off the ship. He looked over at Hivemind then. "I do suspect that he probably has some more surprises in his or our room...would you lead me there and help me look over it, down to the smallest atom?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Uh, yeah, I... can do that," Sana said hesitantly before heading into the ship. She sat on the sofa, next to the head end of Kaleb's form and idly petted his head and muzzle. "Y'know what, Kaleb," she said soothingly, "this place is crazy! But I'm planning on stayin' around so I'll be a friend?"
-------------------------------------------
And Cherry went looking to see where she could help from. Probably a communications room.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Krytus The Dreamer

Kaleb felt weak, a far cry compared to what he looked like not five seconds ago. Too weak to lift his head or even refuse to be carried into the ship. Mixing in that much DNA all at once took more out of Kaleb than he anticipated. Everything was a blur as the real Hawk set him down with his flight jacket, but his words about having sweet dreams did ease Kaleb just the slightest bit, and when Sana came to watch over him, he remembered the terrified look in her face as she held up her gun. A feeling of guilt washed over Kaleb; he just proclaimed he wasn't a monster and yet there he was acting very much like the opposite.

Spending what little remained of his strength Kaleb weakly lifted his head "I'd like that... but... I... lost control again. I'm... sorry... for scaring you."

Kaleb's eyes closed as his head fell back on the couch slipping into the realm of dreams.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:48 am "We fight If'n we needs," Sarah said, signing for Cailean's benefit. "Bett'r get some clobber* on."

* Clothes (or armour in this case.)
"Okay. Let's dae this then." Cailean says, putting on a brave face. Conall looks worried as he follows his brother and guard into the armoury to collect their protective gear. After having Sarah check them over to make sure everything is properly in place, they double check their personal equipment - Cailean his dirk, energy pistol and bomb-disposal toolkit, and Conall his sgian-dubh- and then head to the departure area to await further orders.
"... Dae ye think Ah shuid tak' this off stun setting, Sarah?" Cailean asks nervously, indicating his pistol.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

TheRook259

Post by TheRook259 »

CyberDragon wrote:Hivemind was waiting to greet both Rika and Jaken when they got to the armory. He handed Rika a doctor's uniform, explaining "The people down there won't take kindly to you if you're in your normal Champion gear. I used bullet and heat resistant fabric in these clothes, and equipped it with the usual Champion tech. I've also constructed a compact version of your grenade launcher to match. It's in one of the inside pockets."
Rika looked over the new kit. "Hm.. Synthtech-fibers, right? Or your own similar version? Very robust." She asked idly, before turning toward the changing rooms.
CyberDragon wrote:He turned to Jaken. "Jaken, I know you don't like clothes much, but please at least wear the vest and shirt. It's got a shield system like Rika's uniform. It'll keep you safe if things go south."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken pretended to look mortified and put a hand to his chest. "Of course, sir," he said, words belying actions. "Always best prepared! Probably need shorts and boots too!"
CyberDragon wrote:"Right..." Hivemind said, handing Jaken the armored outfit. "Best get changed quickly. We've entered orbit around New Rome. We'll leave deploy once you and Rika are changed and ready."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken trotted into the changing room next to Miss Rikas and pulled on his new not-combat suit. He might have declared he'd prefer a combat role but he was Miss Rika's bodyguard. And that was a special role. "I'm ready," he claimed.
Rika appeared out her own changing room just before Jaken called out. "I'm ready too." She told him back as she smoothed down a few wrinkles in her clothes.

Traci was, surprisingly, still changing into her own gear. "I'll be ready in a sec!!" She called. It was at least several seconds before she emerged.
I have returned! ..But I lost my squiggles.

Characters Reference
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt sighed. "I know. Just wish some didn't need THIS much help. This place sounds almost like someone needs to tear it all down and start over." He took the hand on his shoulder and held it against his chest. "Come on then. Let's go get ready."
--
Liz and Lewis went to pick out some weapons from the selection, taking their time and weighing their options. Eventually, Lewis decided on a set of daggers with stun blasters hidden in the handles, while Liz went with an axe with a small forcefield generator in the shaft. Once they were geared up, they headed out to the designated hanger to be taken down to the surface.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:25 pm"Any preference for your equipment, Tatiana?" the hive droid in the armory asked after helping Jaken and Rika.
Tatiana digitally hummed, "No, not really. Extra cells for my rifle, I guess. Keep my kit focused." She said, inspecting her rifle for field readiness.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:48 am Jaken trotted into the changing room next to Miss Rikas and pulled on his new not-combat suit. He might have declared he'd prefer a combat role but he was Miss Rika's bodyguard. And that was a special role. "I'm ready," he claimed.
TheRook259 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:55 am Rika appeared out her own changing room just before Jaken called out. "I'm ready too." She told him back as she smoothed down a few wrinkles in her clothes.

Traci was, surprisingly, still changing into her own gear. "I'll be ready in a sec!!" She called. It was at least several seconds before she emerged.
"Right. Now, Traci, head down to Hanger 265. Rika, Jaken, you two are going to leave with me from hanger 133. I'm leaving from a different hanger to draw attention from the others. Best get moving, we're leaving in 10 minutes."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:48 am Corp picked himself out a single firearm and changed his jacket, keeping the knife rig concealed. under it. The tactical helmet he kept. "Can't tell me a knife rig wouldn't be used by mercenaries," he grumbled.
"They absolutely would. Best keep it. Once you're ready, Follow Liz and Lewis. Most everyone going down to the outskirts are leaving from 265." Hivemind said.
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:21 pm Tatiana digitally hummed, "No, not really. Extra cells for my rifle, I guess. Keep my kit focused." She said, inspecting her rifle for field readiness.
"Right then. When you're ready, follow the others."

----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:48 am Hannabelle thought on that. "Medications." she said at length. "Not for use. For trade. The real thing's always available here but it's very expensive. There's a few traders who distribute the real stuff under the non existent counter. For profit. If you want 'safe' contact with nefarious types, that's a good way to get it."
"Hive ain't gonna like that. He's very particular about medications. To him, they're for whoever needs 'em, and he's got a sour look against anyone tryin' to use meds as some kind of bargaining chip." Gear said. "Anyway, we'd best get moving. Hive says we drop in 10."

Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:32 am "Okay. Let's dae this then." Cailean says, putting on a brave face. Conall looks worried as he follows his brother and guard into the armoury to collect their protective gear. After having Sarah check them over to make sure everything is properly in place, they double check their personal equipment - Cailean his dirk, energy pistol and bomb-disposal toolkit, and Conall his sgian-dubh- and then head to the departure area to await further orders.
"... Dae ye think Ah shuid tak' this off stun setting, Sarah?" Cailean asks nervously, indicating his pistol.
One of the other Champions already in the hanger was inspecting some of the heavier equipment. It was Titan, a massive 10 foot behemoth in full body armor. Titan looked up to see Cailean sign his question, and she approached the three of them. She lifted her hand in a wave, then started signing. "Keep it on stun. Hivemind has not approved lethal force." they signed. "I am Titan. It is good to see someone else who knows to sign. Hivemind has been teaching, but rare to find others who understand it, so practicing is hard."

(I don't know if Titan's met these three yet, but I'm assuming not.)

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:27 pm Handing the digitizer, again, back to Hivemind, Hawk walked over to the exhausted Kaleb softly. Taking his flight jacket off, he carefully laid it on the dog and, still being gentle, picked him and walked into his ship, laying him down on the one sofa. "Rest now, little one." He whispered, rubbing his paw gently across the dog's head, "May your dreams be filled with visions of paradise as the guardians wipe the nightmares of the day away." As he stood up, slowly as so not to disturb him, he noticed a nearby case, one that he instantly recognized as his revolver case, and picked up it before exiting the ship. "Sylvie, could you do me a favor and watch over Kaleb as he sleeps? If he's hungry when he wakes up, there's a food replicator in the kitchen you can use." He asked Sylvie once he was off the ship. He looked over at Hivemind then. "I do suspect that he probably has some more surprises in his or our room...would you lead me there and help me look over it, down to the smallest atom?"
Hivemind nodded and followed Hawk into his room, turning on his full-spectrum scanners. He looked across the entire room for anything hazardous that might be there, and his gaze landed on a strange case that flagged a few alarms. "Right there." Hivemind nodded toward the case. "Can't tell what it is. Some kind of heavy metal lining."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:36 pm Hivemind nodded and followed Hawk into his room, turning on his full-spectrum scanners. He looked across the entire room for anything hazardous that might be there, and his gaze landed on a strange case that flagged a few alarms. "Right there." Hivemind nodded toward the case. "Can't tell what it is. Some kind of heavy metal lining."
Placing his weapons case on the nearby counter, Hawk approached the case that laid on the bed for all to see, which was a bit surprising to him seeing as the Reploid was supposed to be a direct copy of himself. He unlatched the two locks and lifted the lid, sighing and shaking his head as he looked upon the contents of the case. "I'm glad we stopped him when we did." He said to Hivemind, turning to show him the contents of the case. Inside was a weapon that Hivemind, if he were to scan his archives, would recognize as coming from Monta. "I don't know how he got this by you, but I'm happy it's in safe hands now." He handed the case to a nearby droid before picking up his revolver case and following Hivemind to the Champions tower, where FakeHawk's room was. Entering the room, he was slightly disgusted with how dirty the place was, a far cry from his ship as he kept it rather neat and orderly. Placing the case on the counter, he looked over to his left and, seeing a computer, walked over to it and turned it on. After bypassing the login screen, he was greeted with files upon files of details on not only the Champions, but the Beacon itself, along with logs of messages FakeHawk had with different correspondents, each one more concerning then the last. If he hadn't had arrived when he did, who knows what atrocities this reploid would've done, Hawk thought as he looked over one of the messages. He felt anger building up within him once more, the urge to kill this reploid gnawing at him like a mouse with cheese. He cursed at the screen a few before turning back to Hivemind, his face looking like he just lost someone he knew.

"Well...no point in keeping bad memories around here." He sighed as he stood up from the computer. "This is what I want done with this room: Everything that reploid brought in here? I want it all gone. Everything. Everything, except that holo-device right there." he pointed to the desk to the left of Hivemind. "That's my gear and I want to keep it in here, but I'm giving you full access to everything on; files, designs, everything. I will not be keeping any secrets from you or the Champions. I also want a proper kitchen and bedroom, along with a computer that you built that I will also allow you full access to that, too." He then snapped his fingers. "Oh and remind me when we get back to my ship to show you where I keep my other weapons and ammo, as I want your best security device for them and a way for only you and myself access to." He then walked over to his revolver case and opened it, smiling as he laid eyes on his two personal weapons once more before sighing at what he saw. "Looks like he also messed with whatever security device you had installed on these. I'd like a new one and I'd like you to watch me as I install them." Placing the revolvers on the counter, he looked over at the nearby coat rack. Hanging from it was his old signature red leather duster and black hat. Two things he didn't think he'd ever see again. He smiled at the sight of them, though it didn't last long. "I want those gone too. The image of that outfit is far too tainted by what the reploid has done. Shred them, burn them, melt them in acid, whatever. Just get rid of them. I'll get a new duster and hat once we're done." Looking at the window, he smiled once more. " There is one thing I'd like...They had this on that interstellar cruise liner, The Heart Of The Nebula...they were windows that encased the entire room top to bottom, but you could change the scenery to whatever you wanted, complete with sounds. Like, if you wanted to sleep in a forest on Fliga or wherever. If possible, I'd like that...always enjoyed sleeping to the sounds of nature."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tobias then left the room and headed towards hanger 265, his massive guitar case hanging off him like a backpack holding a rather smart-allecky bird, but not before making a quick stop to the armory once more as there was something extra he needed to get. Not anything major, just some extra protection in the form of some small throwing knives that he strapped to his pants. He had no plans to use them but it didn't hurt to be just a bit prepared.
Legotron123 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:18 pm Liz and Lewis went to pick out some weapons from the selection, taking their time and weighing their options. Eventually, Lewis decided on a set of daggers with stun blasters hidden in the handles, while Liz went with an axe with a small forcefield generator in the shaft. Once they were geared up, they headed out to the designated hanger to be taken down to the surface.
As he arrived to the hanger, Tobias noticed the two arriving and recognized them from the briefing. He walked over to them, being careful not to hit them or anything in the area with his guitar case, "I hope this isn't an intrusion or anything, but I wanted to properly introduce myself as I don't believe we've met. Mi nombre es Tobías Cruthers: A Juglar guerrero* from Mydroza. A pleasure to meet you two." he smiled as he stretched his paw out.

*Mi nombre es Tobías Cruthers: A Juglar guerrero - My name is Tobias Cruthers: A warrior minstrel
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Right," Jaken said brightly, before his ears drooped slightly. He couldn't actually open a portal there as... "Can't open a portal," he confessed to Rika. "Don't know where 133 is... Um, you look good," he added, trying to distract from his own embarrassment.
--------------------------
"Right," Corp said simply, not wasting words as he headed out and down to the hanger. "Three," he told Tobias as he entered. "Warrior player, eh?"
--------------------------
"Nice t'se yer," Sarah told the Titan, signing for Conall's benefit. "Sarah," she said, introducing herself, "Cailean, Conall." She checked her weaponry over, including a version of her favourite, an extendable bo staff.
-------------------------
Sana just chuckled. "Warn me when you plan to terrify me in future, eh," she joked, keeping a hand on Kaleb's head.
-------------------------
"Righty-ho," Jenny said lightly, "let's go change lives." She headed in with him, ready to pick up her weaponry for use.
------------------------
"Well, information works too. Particularly if it puts the government in a bad light." She collected up her weapons and armour. "Anyway, enough talk, let's go do our duty..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
TheRook259

Post by TheRook259 »

CyberDragon wrote:"Traci, head down to Hanger 265. Rika, Jaken, you two are going to leave with me from hanger 133. I'm leaving from a different hanger to draw attention from the others. Best get moving, we're leaving in 10 minutes."
"Alrighty, On my way Hive! See you two later, stay safe!" And off Traci went, with an almost comically small puff of smoke left behind her.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Right," Jaken said brightly, before his ears drooped slightly. He couldn't actually open a portal there as... "Can't open a portal," he confessed to Rika. "Don't know where 133 is... Um, you look good," he added, trying to distract from his own embarrassment.
Rika chuckled. "Thank you, Jaken, You don't look too bad yourself!" She replied, kneeling down to him and smoothing down his headfur. "And it's okay to walk sometimes, you know. Wouldn't want to wear you out anyway." She added, patting his head before she got back up. "Let's get going!"
I have returned! ..But I lost my squiggles.

Characters Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Makes sense," Jaken chirped, meaning to make sure he learned the route for future use. After a moment of walking, he noticed his white furred hand was in Miss Rikas' hand. He almost gave in to an impulse to pull it free but decided to leave it there. He was her protection, after all, and it meant he totally knew where she was, didn't it?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:37 pm "Right," Corp said simply, not wasting words as he headed out and down to the hanger. "Three," he told Tobias as he entered. "Warrior player, eh?"
Tobias nodded. "Mmhm though I prefer to use my gift of música for helping others, either healing or strengthening them for the tasks that lie ahead." He tapped the massive steel case on his back. "La herramienta por la que el Aspecto del Corazón Verdadero canta su canción*...my guitar." He said with a smile.

*La herramienta por la que el Aspecto del Corazón Verdadero canta su canción - The tool by which the Aspect of the True Heart sings its song.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:36 pm One of the other Champions already in the hanger was inspecting some of the heavier equipment. It was Titan, a massive 10 foot behemoth in full body armor. Titan looked up to see Cailean sign his question, and she approached the three of them. She lifted her hand in a wave, then started signing. "Keep it on stun. Hivemind has not approved lethal force." they signed. "I am Titan. It is good to see someone else who knows to sign. Hivemind has been teaching, but rare to find others who understand it, so practicing is hard."

(I don't know if Titan's met these three yet, but I'm assuming not.)
Cailean looks up at the Titan, and up, and up. She stands almost six feet taller than him.
"Whoa." is all he can say at first. Then he shakes himself, realising that she's signing at him.
"Er. Hi... Happy tae help ye practise. Ah'm hearin' if ye ferget a sign, by th' wye. Mah brother Conall here is deaf which is why Ah can sign. Sarah is our security sae she signs tae sae she can talk tae Conall directly when needed."

Conall nods in agreement as he watches Cailean sign.
"What's yer name, by th' wye, ma'am?" he asks, having missed the first part of her signing earlier.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt followed Jenny into the armory, sticking close to his girlfriend. His suit already had all the gear he’d need, so all he needed to get was some sorta disguise and he’d be all set. First though, Jenny needed to get some weapons. ”What kinda gear are you going for this time? Something to help with the “just a passing by mercenary” look we’re supposed to go for?” He asked her.

Liz and Lewis looked at the newcomer somewhat curiously. ”How literal are you being when you say an aspect uses that guitar to play its song? Cause that has some rather….. powerful implications.” The young dog asked.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Legotron123 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:04 pm Liz and Lewis looked at the newcomer somewhat curiously. ”How literal are you being when you say an aspect uses that guitar to play its song? Cause that has some rather….. powerful implications.” The young dog asked.
"It's a, what's the word, metaphor. The Aspect doesn't really sing through my guitar, but I and it are both blessed by her." Tobias explained as he took the case off his back and laid it out in front of them, then opening it to reveal the beautiful guitar within. "Mi padre gave me this guitar when I completed my training. It helped many a people ever since." He stood up and showed them the back of his jacket, which showcased a styled image of a bear. "El oso pardo con cicatrices; My family's crest and symbol for strength, family, vitality courage and health."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Jenny replied, "signature weapons are used by a fair few so my guns can stay. Never been near the place for IOC so no reason they should ID me through them. I'll need different clothes, though. They might give it away, eh," she added cheekily, pointing to the IOC icons.
-----------------------------------
"So any shielding The Mind grants you will need to cover the guitar too," Corp remarked, not really phrasing it as a question.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:01 am "So any shielding The Mind grants you will need to cover the guitar too," Corp remarked, not really phrasing it as a question.
Tobias nodded first before picking the guitar up from the case and playing a tune on it. As he played, not only did the guitar begin to glow a blue-ish aura, Corp would notice said aura around them as well. "It's called 'True Love's Embrace'; Protects those from harm for as long as I play the song." He explained as he played. "The faster I play, the better the protection. But, once I stop?" He lifted his hand off the guitar and the aura vanished from both the guitar and Corp. "No más blindaje.* It's not as strong as what Hivemind made, but, to use a term from Earth, in a pinch? It's a lifesaver." He placed the guitar back into the case and, after closing it up, lifted the heavy metallic case and placed it on his back once more.

*No más blindaje - No more shielding.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:21 pm Placing his weapons case on the nearby counter, Hawk approached the case that laid on the bed for all to see, which was a bit surprising to him seeing as the Reploid was supposed to be a direct copy of himself. He unlatched the two locks and lifted the lid, sighing and shaking his head as he looked upon the contents of the case. "I'm glad we stopped him when we did." He said to Hivemind, turning to show him the contents of the case. Inside was a weapon that Hivemind, if he were to scan his archives, would recognize as coming from Monta. "I don't know how he got this by you, but I'm happy it's in safe hands now." He handed the case to a nearby droid before picking up his revolver case and following Hivemind to the Champions tower, where FakeHawk's room was. Entering the room, he was slightly disgusted with how dirty the place was, a far cry from his ship as he kept it rather neat and orderly. Placing the case on the counter, he looked over to his left and, seeing a computer, walked over to it and turned it on. After bypassing the login screen, he was greeted with files upon files of details on not only the Champions, but the Beacon itself, along with logs of messages FakeHawk had with different correspondents, each one more concerning then the last. If he hadn't had arrived when he did, who knows what atrocities this reploid would've done, Hawk thought as he looked over one of the messages. He felt anger building up within him once more, the urge to kill this reploid gnawing at him like a mouse with cheese. He cursed at the screen a few before turning back to Hivemind, his face looking like he just lost someone he knew.

"Well...no point in keeping bad memories around here." He sighed as he stood up from the computer. "This is what I want done with this room: Everything that reploid brought in here? I want it all gone. Everything. Everything, except that holo-device right there." he pointed to the desk to the left of Hivemind. "That's my gear and I want to keep it in here, but I'm giving you full access to everything on; files, designs, everything. I will not be keeping any secrets from you or the Champions. I also want a proper kitchen and bedroom, along with a computer that you built that I will also allow you full access to that, too." He then snapped his fingers. "Oh and remind me when we get back to my ship to show you where I keep my other weapons and ammo, as I want your best security device for them and a way for only you and myself access to." He then walked over to his revolver case and opened it, smiling as he laid eyes on his two personal weapons once more before sighing at what he saw. "Looks like he also messed with whatever security device you had installed on these. I'd like a new one and I'd like you to watch me as I install them." Placing the revolvers on the counter, he looked over at the nearby coat rack. Hanging from it was his old signature red leather duster and black hat. Two things he didn't think he'd ever see again. He smiled at the sight of them, though it didn't last long. "I want those gone too. The image of that outfit is far too tainted by what the reploid has done. Shred them, burn them, melt them in acid, whatever. Just get rid of them. I'll get a new duster and hat once we're done." Looking at the window, he smiled once more. " There is one thing I'd like...They had this on that interstellar cruise liner, The Heart Of The Nebula...they were windows that encased the entire room top to bottom, but you could change the scenery to whatever you wanted, complete with sounds. Like, if you wanted to sleep in a forest on Fliga or wherever. If possible, I'd like that...always enjoyed sleeping to the sounds of nature."
"Consider it done. I will have it all ready according to your specifications by the end of the day." Hivemind said.

The droid continued. "Let me get you up to speed. I received a distress signal indicating a global crisis on New Rome. The planet has a single major city surrounded by low-income neighborhoods that are often shrouded from view from space by smog. We are here to investigate the source of the distress call, determine what action is needed, and find a way to diffuse the situation and establish long term solutions. We are officially not allowed to operate on the planet's surface. The local government has banned the Champions from setting foot outside of the city walls. In my own experience, that usually means they don't want us seeing what's going on. I am deploying Champions on covert assignments to figure out what's going on in all of that smoke, figure out where the distress call came from, help who you can, and report to me. The local government cannot know you are Champions. Any questions?" Hivemind asked.

------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:37 pm "Right," Jaken said brightly, before his ears drooped slightly. He couldn't actually open a portal there as... "Can't open a portal," he confessed to Rika. "Don't know where 133 is... Um, you look good," he added, trying to distract from his own embarrassment.
TheRook259 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:10 pm Rika chuckled. "Thank you, Jaken, You don't look too bad yourself!" She replied, kneeling down to him and smoothing down his headfur. "And it's okay to walk sometimes, you know. Wouldn't want to wear you out anyway." She added, patting his head before she got back up. "Let's get going!"
Luckily, it doesn't take too long to get there through use of public transportation and, especially, the portal doors. The hangers have their own codes in the doors and, once Rika and Jaken enter them, they would find themselves in the hanger with a passenger shuttle being prepped by a series of Hive Droids. A number of Civilian droids and a couple of Light Security Hive Droids boarded the craft, with one of the Civilian droids hanging back to wave at Rika and Jaken. "Come on and get yourselves situated. First class seats are yours, androids can't feel discomfort."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:37 pm "Well, information works too. Particularly if it puts the government in a bad light." She collected up her weapons and armour. "Anyway, enough talk, let's go do our duty..."
"That I think we can do." Gear said, as the two enter the hanger.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:37 pm "Nice t'se yer," Sarah told the Titan, signing for Conall's benefit. "Sarah," she said, introducing herself, "Cailean, Conall." She checked her weaponry over, including a version of her favourite, an extendable bo staff.
Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:44 pm Cailean looks up at the Titan, and up, and up. She stands almost six feet taller than him.
"Whoa." is all he can say at first. Then he shakes himself, realising that she's signing at him.
"Er. Hi... Happy tae help ye practise. Ah'm hearin' if ye ferget a sign, by th' wye. Mah brother Conall here is deaf which is why Ah can sign. Sarah is our security sae she signs tae sae she can talk tae Conall directly when needed."

Conall nods in agreement as he watches Cailean sign.
"What's yer name, by th' wye, ma'am?" he asks, having missed the first part of her signing earlier.
"Everybody calls me Titan." Titan answers. "It's easier for them to say, and easier for them to remember. Am I right to assume you are going down to the planet with us?" she askes simply. "Do you have any specializations or things I should know if we are all working together?"
TheRook259 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:10 pm "Alrighty, On my way Hive! See you two later, stay safe!" And off Traci went, with an almost comically small puff of smoke left behind her.
"Hey Traci!" Recon called out. She was sitting in one of the shuttles, a rough looking "Barracuda" class ship common among mercenaries for it's cheap, sturdy, and intimidating build. Gadgeteer was fiddling with something in the cockpit and Archangel was waiting in one of the seats patiently for things to finally get organized enough to leave. "We've got space in here if you want to go with us!"

Other heroes started to filter into the hanger. the massive Predator drone, Eira, her father The Lycan, Wyvern, Buckler, Kite, Tyratia, Fades, nearly everyone was boarding various mercenary-style ships.

"HANGER 265, PREPARE FOR DEPLOYMENT. ALL CHAMPIONS, BOARD YOUR CRAFT AND PREPARE FOR LAUNCH!"

"No time, it seems." Titan signed to the brothers and their guard. "I am in the Barracuda with the rest of Angel Team. There should be room for you there."
Legotron123 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:04 pm Kolt followed Jenny into the armory, sticking close to his girlfriend. His suit already had all the gear he’d need, so all he needed to get was some sorta disguise and he’d be all set. First though, Jenny needed to get some weapons. ”What kinda gear are you going for this time? Something to help with the “just a passing by mercenary” look we’re supposed to go for?” He asked her.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:01 am "So any shielding The Mind grants you will need to cover the guitar too," Corp remarked, not really phrasing it as a question.
SeanWolf wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:30 pm Tobias nodded first before picking the guitar up from the case and playing a tune on it. As he played, not only did the guitar begin to glow a blue-ish aura, Corp would notice said aura around them as well. "It's called 'True Love's Embrace'; Protects those from harm for as long as I play the song." He explained as he played. "The faster I play, the better the protection. But, once I stop?" He lifted his hand off the guitar and the aura vanished from both the guitar and Corp. "No más blindaje.* It's not as strong as what Hivemind made, but, to use a term from Earth, in a pinch? It's a lifesaver." He placed the guitar back into the case and, after closing it up, lifted the heavy metallic case and placed it on his back once more.

*No más blindaje - No more shielding.
"We've got room in our ship." Eira said, pointing to a rather heavyweight armored dropship. "You four can take your positions there."

Legotron123 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:04 pm Kolt followed Jenny into the armory, sticking close to his girlfriend. His suit already had all the gear he’d need, so all he needed to get was some sorta disguise and he’d be all set. First though, Jenny needed to get some weapons. ”What kinda gear are you going for this time? Something to help with the “just a passing by mercenary” look we’re supposed to go for?” He asked her.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:01 am "Well," Jenny replied, "signature weapons are used by a fair few so my guns can stay. Never been near the place for IOC so no reason they should ID me through them. I'll need different clothes, though. They might give it away, eh," she added cheekily, pointing to the IOC icons.
Hivemind, looking frustrated given the large, angry frown on the droid's visor, marched up to Jenny and Kolt carrying armored vests, generic fatigues made of armored fiber with integrated shields, and standard kinetic weapons with non-lethal shock, tranq, and Amber ammo. He shoved the gear into their arms. "You two are VERY late. Get dressed, get down to Hanger 265, and get ready for launch. You have quite literally less than a minute before the hanger doors open."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:41 pm "Consider it done. I will have it all ready according to your specifications by the end of the day." Hivemind said.

The droid continued. "Let me get you up to speed. I received a distress signal indicating a global crisis on New Rome. The planet has a single major city surrounded by low-income neighborhoods that are often shrouded from view from space by smog. We are here to investigate the source of the distress call, determine what action is needed, and find a way to diffuse the situation and establish long term solutions. We are officially not allowed to operate on the planet's surface. The local government has banned the Champions from setting foot outside of the city walls. In my own experience, that usually means they don't want us seeing what's going on. I am deploying Champions on covert assignments to figure out what's going on in all of that smoke, figure out where the distress call came from, help who you can, and report to me. The local government cannot know you are Champions. Any questions?" Hivemind asked.
"No, sir, I think I have an idea what you want us to do." Hawk replied as he followed Hivemind back to the hanger. "Blend in, don't blow our cover, and figure out what's going on." He then saluted and thanked Hivemind once more before heading up his ship's ramp before closing it.

"How's Kaleb, Sana?" Hawk asked as he passed by on his way to the cockpit.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:41 pm "Everybody calls me Titan." Titan answers. "It's easier for them to say, and easier for them to remember. Am I right to assume you are going down to the planet with us?" she askes simply. "Do you have any specializations or things I should know if we are all working together?"
"Other than tha' Ah'm deaf?" Conall asks, "Ah'm an expert hacker an' Cailean is a pyrotechnician, bomb disposal an' demolition expert." the Laird fingerspells "pyrotechnician" as there's no sign for it and also fingerspells his and Cailean's talents after signing them, just to ensure there's no misunderstanding.

"Also we got superpowers when we joined this universe. Conall can make physical copies o' anythin' on his computer screen an' Ah can blow up anythin' usin' a fingerprint an' a glance. Hence the gloves." Cailean adds both in sign and voice.
"Sarah is an elite bodyguard trained in combat an' suchlike. She can explain her strengths an' stuff better than me. Her superpower is obviously good looks." the younger dog finishes with a cheeky glance at the guard.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Right," Jaken said, doing as bidden and wondering if he'd get charged a first class upgrade. "Um, thank you," he added, letting Miss Rika take the first seat.
Corp boarded the flight.
"No powers," Sarah admitted. speaking whilst signing to Conall that they should board. "Just skills." She airkissed towards Cailean.
Jenny the street rat wondered if that was anything like being sent to the school principal but put that aside to use another of the skills given her by the street. The ability to swift change her outfit. It was only Hives in here and Kolt had his back turned so... Deciding to sort the guns on the way, she was ready to go in roughly twenty seconds and on her way in another five, leaving her discarded clothes on the floor.
---------------------------
Hannabelle kissed his cheek. "Time t' put the serious game faces on," she claimed mischievously, "the kids're all here." She boarded with armour and weapons.
Sana looked up. "Little bit out cold," she confessed, "but well mannered. Apologised for scaring me."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:37 am Sana looked up. "Little bit out cold," she confessed, "but well mannered. Apologised for scaring me."
"That's good." Hawk replied from the cockpit as he prepped the ship for take-off. "Fuel's good...green lights everywhere...man, that reploid really did some mods to my baby...mental note: Replace touch screens when we get back from mission." With the ship looking good for take-off, Hawk exited the cockpit and headed towards his personal room on the ship for a change of clothing. After a minute or so, Hawk reappeared, now where a simple brown fringe jacket and blue jeans. "That FakeHawk soiled the reputation I had with my old outfit, hence the temp look here." He told Sana as he returned to the cockpit. "Anyway, Hivemind briefed me and, once we get the signal, we'll be lifting off. Oh and Sana? Thank you for not shooting me when I shot FakeHawk."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tobias boarded the flight as well, placing his guitar case where it wouldn't hurt anyone, then quietly prayed a small prayer to the Aspects as he took his seat.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"No problem," Sana said. "If I'd shot at you, I'd probably have hit Hive. Can't shoot for toffee." She sighed and stood up, near to Hawk. "Look, I can't speak for your situation - no-one's tried to take my identity..." A tight grin and a point to her ears. "I did have someone take over my post in the computer section for a while. He changed it to what he could work with. First thing I did was start changing things back. Somewhere along the line? I found a few changes I liked. So I kept 'em." She patted his shoulder before heading back to Kaleb. "Just 'cause you hate him, doesn't mean all his ideas are bad, eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Krytus The Dreamer

Kaleb's eyes twitched ever so slightly before they slowly opened. It nearly took a minute for Kaleb to realize where he was and the situation that had occurred. Slowly, Kaleb lifted himself allowing Hawk's jacket to fall off his body. He looked around again before looking at Sana.

"Guess it wasn't a nightmare." he sighed a bit, then saw Hawk in the cockpit, the real one. "Thank you for watching over me Sana."

Kaleb got up and groggily made his way over, "I-I'm sorry about how I reacted. It must've been a relief to get your life back, and I'm afraid I ruined the moment. I... sympathize, because I used to be human and an accident, if you can even call it that, made me... this. I'm not sure I can ever go back."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:44 pm "No problem," Sana said. "If I'd shot at you, I'd probably have hit Hive. Can't shoot for toffee." She sighed and stood up, near to Hawk. "Look, I can't speak for your situation - no-one's tried to take my identity..." A tight grin and a point to her ears. "I did have someone take over my post in the computer section for a while. He changed it to what he could work with. First thing I did was start changing things back. Somewhere along the line? I found a few changes I liked. So I kept 'em." She patted his shoulder before heading back to Kaleb. "Just 'cause you hate him, doesn't mean all his ideas are bad, eh?"
Hawk looked back at Sana, thinking about what she just said. "I beg to differ in his case." he said quietly to himself.
Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:23 pm Kaleb's eyes twitched ever so slightly before they slowly opened. It nearly took a minute for Kaleb to realize where he was and the situation that had occurred. Slowly, Kaleb lifted himself allowing Hawk's jacket to fall off his body. He looked around again before looking at Sana.

"Guess it wasn't a nightmare." he sighed a bit, then saw Hawk in the cockpit, the real one. "Thank you for watching over me Sana."

Kaleb got up and groggily made his way over, "I-I'm sorry about how I reacted. It must've been a relief to get your life back, and I'm afraid I ruined the moment. I... sympathize, because I used to be human and an accident, if you can even call it that, made me... this. I'm not sure I can ever go back."
His attention was soon turned to Kaleb, listening to him apologize. He then reached down, lifting the canine up and placing him on the co-pilot seat next to him. "Can I tell you something?" He said, looking Kaleb in the eyes. "I would've done the same thing in your shoes if I saw someone I knew get zapped." He reached over and gave Kaleb a scratch behind the ears. "Let me ask you this, seeing as we have just a bit time before take-off; Even if you could go back, what would it really change in your life?"
Krytus The Dreamer

Kaleb gave a tired chuckle, "For one thing I could pick things up with my stupid ape hands, I wouldn't have to dry out my throat talking to the computer when I record my findings cause I can't write and I'd still be able to enjoy chocolates and onion rings." Kaleb adjusted his sitting position, "But it's not all bad I guess. I'm a champion now and I get to make a difference with this 'curse'."