Non-HPU: Crater City OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City OOC

Post by CyberDragon »

Generally I encourage sticking with the group, since when your character leaves the group it can be difficult to find a point where they can re-join.

That said, this in-game day might be coming to an end pretty soon. Most of the days events are over, and there's not much left to do.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

That's what I figured, it seemed like left-behinds were coming to a bit of a montage situation since there's nothing really pressing for them to do. They could head back to the diner, I suppose, but that would be counter-productive to their whole purpose there, which as I understand it is just to look around. If we're wanting a skip for them it's an easy enough mention that he wanders on his own for a bit to return by Heather's deadline, but if we're playing them throughout I'll have him stick with them.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

As my next post will involve a time skip and I need to formulate what I've got planned, I might need a bit of extra time to get things put together. As such, my next CC post might not be for another week or so.
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Briar and Theodore won't be in the city; Mist's directions cut off at the destroyed air base so they won't give away that he's not at the camp by themself. Both of them know something's weird, so if they're needed for something I can draw up some character sheets, but I'm expecting to drop them from her posts from this point unless otherwise requested. They know better than to press Tigress for information so she'll get away just fine :lol:
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I've been thinking about whether I should make a Discord channel for all the RPS I run. Let players meet each other and talk out of character, check take a look at the other games, and keep more in touch with each other.

The games themselves would still be here, as would the OOC page. But the Discord might help folks stay in touch.

Thoughts?
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

I like the idea!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Krytus The Dreamer

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

whoop here I go again!

Character Name: Richter

Kaiju Codename: Magnitude

Color: This if its not taken

Type: Main

Kaiju Class: Legend.

Kaiju Form: Zorah Magdaros

Disguised Species: Alligator Zoopmorph

Neighborhood: Crater City

Powers:

Geo-kenisis - allows Richter to manipulate the earth around him. Like most of the members of his species, Ricter has attained enough proficiency with this skill to superheat earth to a magma state or cool it back into solid stone.

Seismic Sense - Through vibrations in the ground Richter is able to sense where people are, and the stability of the ground and structures near him, and when eruptions or earthquakes are about to happen.

Passive Magnetic field - due to long exposures to the earth’s core Richter’s species has gained a passive magnetic field that he cannot manipulate in any way.
  • In zoomorph form this magnetic field reaches up to 50 meters away and does little more than provide a bit of static to communications devices and allow small ferrous metals to stick to his body.
  • In Kaiju form this magnetic field now reaches 500 meters and is now strong enough to shut down communications and strongly inhibit the use of technology while within his radius. While cars and several metallic objects are pulled in his direction it is usually negligible due to his size.
Heat Resistance - Another byproduct of living close to the earth’s core is Richter’s Heat resistance. It allows him to treat rivers of magma like hotsprings. It’s gotten to the point where he bathes in magma as a relaxing pass time.

Weakness: Due to adapting to living beneath the earth’s crust, Richter is unable to handle the cold and is especially prone to becoming hypothermic. If his internal temperature falls beneath a certain point he will be unable to access his geo-kinetic abilities.

Appearance: In his Kaiju form Richter stands as a giant black-scaled reptilian creature with a mountain sitting on his back. Standing at 70 meters tall Ricter is quite literally a mountain of a Kaiju but due to his bulky figure has a hard time manuevering around tight spaces. Occasionally when using his geo-kinesis smoke and magma can erupt from the mountain on his back due to the extreme heat that is produced as a byproduct.

In disguise, Richter takes the form of a zoomorph Aligator with Dark green scales and a lighter green scales for his underbelly. He has a tall yet bulky frame with a tail long enough to drag on the floor. Since he’s had absolutely zero contact with the surface before his appointment to the KDF Richter has a hard time understanding the concept of clothing. Back in his home beneath the crust clothes were more of a hindrance since they have the proclivity of burning up in the heat or if he decides to pass through a magma stream. So when he first showed up in Crater City he does so wearing nothing more then a loin cloth to keep himself decent since the scout of his people said it was important. When properly provided clothing, he prefers loose clothes (i.e. tanktops, gymshorts, etc.) that expose as much of his scales as possible, not because he likes to show off but because he finds them a comfortable compromise.

Personality: Despite being an adult of his species, Richter is almost child-like in nature. He enjoys being upbeat and happy, sometimes even to his detriment, leading to sometimes not treating situations with the gravity they deserve. Even then it may also be a result of Richter not fully understanding the situation around him. Richter isn’t exactly the brightest Kaiju on the district. It took him literal decades before he fully grasped the concept of speaking. However, despite his downsides Richter is earnest and diligent. He takes his job as caretaker of the earth’s crust very seriously and is the one field of knowledge Richter can be considered an expert at.

Other notes: Zorah Magdaros is a species of Kaiju that take up residence near the core of the planet, in doing so they take up the title of caretakers of the earth’s Mantle. They watch the techtonic plates from below ensuring events from the surface doesn’t badly damage them, keep watch of the earth’s core ensuring the magnetic field and atmosphere remains intact etc. In the early years of the Zorah Magdros tenure as the Mantle’s caretakers, the elder saw that their efforts from below were enough and that there was no need to go to the surface unless absolutely necessary. However recently a new Elder has taken lead and decided that recent surface dweller activity may hamper their duties. In order to bolster their efforts from both sides The Elder has sent Ricter to join the KDF.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:
- Strength: 9 | When the phrase move mountains isn’t an exaggeration.
- Perception: 7 | *insert Toph scene from ATLA here*
- Endurance: 5 | give him a break he’s got a mountain on his back
- Charisma: 7 | “I found this shiny rock take it as a token of our friendship!”
- Intelligence: 4 |Pure of heart Dumb as bricks
- Agility: 4 | I refer you to the statement made for his endurance.
- Luck: 5 | 50% chance of failure? Wrong! 50% chance of success!
- Kaiju: 7 | *Godzilla roars*

Character Fun Facts
  • Before his appointment to KDF Ricter was in charge of a sector in the ring of fire underneath the Philippine Islands.
  • Richter was chosen to be sent to the KDF not only for his talent but his friendly disposition.
  • Richter has a habit of collecting anything shiny he finds when tunneling through the earth, this has led to him owning a rather expensive-looking rock collection, but does not understand the monetary value of said rocks. He collects them because they're "shiny."
  • So far he has found 4 emeralds 1 diamond 8 topazes and 9 amethyst geodes.
Last edited by Krytus The Dreamer on Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Approved!
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:51 pm I've been thinking about whether I should make a Discord channel for all the RPS I run. Let players meet each other and talk out of character, check take a look at the other games, and keep more in touch with each other.

The games themselves would still be here, as would the OOC page. But the Discord might help folks stay in touch.

Thoughts?
Have to say I've never been interested in Discord. I have little need to 'talk out of character' more than I currently do. if people want to keep in contact with me? I'm not panning on going anywhere so here's fine.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Krytus The Dreamer

This might be a little quick but I thought that there aren't enough Non-Kaiju Partner characters and it was downhill from there.

Character Name:音上 海渡 - Otogami Kaito

Nickname for non-japanese: Kite

Color: How’s this looking?

Type: Secondary (Second Main Character)

Species: Zoomorph Kai-Ken/Tora-Inu/Tiger-dog

Skillset:

Marksman: Mark achieved high marks when it came to sharpshooting and marksmanship, able to use the firearm to its maximum effective range with minimal decrease in his accuracy. He is also able to disassemble and reassemble his firearms even while blindfolded.

Explosives/Demolitions Expert: Through several sessions of trial and error Mark has gained strategical knowledge of where to position explosives for maximum or minimal effect. If the necessary materials are provided Mark is capable of producing several types of explosives from humble flash bangs to C-4 bombs. Mark is also capable of defusing bombs thanks to this know-how.

Cooking proficiency: Hailing from Japan, Mark’s specialty is in Japanese cuisine and is only moderately decent when it comes to dishes from other parts of the world. The only exception is deserts.

Japanese Speaker

Equipment:

Mk22 Mod 0 (Sniper Rifle) | SIG Sauer M18 (Pistol) | Various Explosives and their respective detonators | Fake Explosives | Grappling hook | Standard Issue KDF Body Armor | Standard Issue KDF Goggles (Capable of Thermal Imaging) | Standard Issue KDF Communicator | Standard Issue KDF Badge

Appearance: As a Tora-Inu Zoomorph, he looks just like any other zoomorph dog with the clear distinction of the stripe patterns in his fur. At a height of 157cm (5’7ft) Mark has an athletic build, not too bulky to affect his speed but not too skinny to be weak either.

If on his off days Mark dresses simply. He wears shirts or hoodies of any color, but rarely ever wears something with a design on it. The only exception is his KDF shirt but he mostly wears that to sleep. When decked out for combat, Mark wears the standard issue body armor that comes equipped with a grappling hook to assist with mobility or in case he’s ever knocked off of his Kaiju partner.

Personality: Mark is often viewed by others as incredibly laid back. He comes into KDF headquarters practically dozing off and can be found taking naps in the break room if no tasks were assigned to him. However, his sleepiness isn’t a result of being lazy rather it’s the result of working too hard on off hours. Mark obsessively combs the news for hunter sightings to skim their tactics and analyze their strategies for taking down Kaiju. Then he devises countermeasures for their tactics just in case he or his partner ever encounters such tactics.

When out on missions and on the field, Mark is cautious. He needs to know enough variables of the situation before he acts. This has led to him often being slow to act. Mark’s tendency to take things slow even extends into more casual settings. He genuinely doesn’t know what people do for fun or what makes a night fun. This however doesn’t stop him from at least going along to try.

Other notes: Mark has been enlisted with the KDF for at least a year before his introduction and has had one previous partner. Their separation was due to their personalities not quite being compatible. Mark’s previous Kaiju partner was too headstrong and often acted before he thought, while Mark couldn’t speak up past the Kaiju’s stubbornness. In addition Mark’s habit of taking his time to decide often separated the two causing him to lag behind his Kaiju partner. When they separated there was no ill will between him and the Kaiju, everyone involved just believed someone else would be a better fit.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:
- Strength: 7 | Brain over brawn, but it's nice to have a bit of both
- Perception: 8 | あなたが見えてます
- Endurance: 5 | zzz...zzz...zzz...zzz...zzz
- Charisma: 4 | People like to do this kind of stuff for fun?
- Intelligence: 10 | Exploding stuff takes a lot more brain power than one would expect.
- Agility: 7 | If you're going to set a bomb you better be fast enough to outrun it.
- Luck: 7 | Red, Blue, or Green wire? Which is it?

Fun Facts:
  • Mark was originally from japan but moved to America to enlist with the KDF as a Partner.
  • He will never openly admit it but he is a massive fan of the Kaiju Wrestling Federation.
  • Mark has an autographed photo of “Godzilla” as well as a picture of himself throwing up peace signs with the Kaiju.
  • Mark absolutely despises Spicy food but adores sweets.
  • The nickname Mark came from his first Kaiju Partner being unable to properly pronounce his name and simply settling with Mark instead.
Last edited by Krytus The Dreamer on Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

I'd been wondering about that, do you need us all to draw up some partners for when each of these Kaiju recruits get one? Presumably no one's partnering themselves player-wise, so I've got some drafts I'd be happy to throw together for later. Nothing as thought-out as Mark here, though... He seems like he'll be quite the live wire! :lol:
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

You can make your own, or you can make a Partner character to pair with someone else's Kaiju character like what Krytus did. If you don't have a partner for your Kaiju or a Kaiju for your partner after a while, I'll make one for you.

I'd rather you make them for yourselves and pair with each other though, because as I learned with Beacon of Hope, having to respond to every character's every action gets really time consuming for me as GM. There's a reason BoH doesn't update very often. It takes hours to write for it.

Currently I only have one character who's a partner character, and I have in mind who I want to assign her to.
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Ah, that makes sense. Ending up with a tangled web of everyone waiting for everyone else - yeah, less than ideal. I can throw together a pair then, and have them ready for when the cats reach that point.
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Alright, I've got the cats' partners. Definitely double-check me on the reasoning for the partners, as they aren't the most HR-friendly reasons and I may need to change them if they don't fit the KDF's process.

Character Name: Cherry Saeed

Color: Porsche (#eab76a)

Type: Partner

Species: Middle-eastern Human

Specialties:

Transportation: Still working her career as a stunt driver on the side, Cherry is a masterful driver who pilots any wheeled vehicle as easily as (and more precisely than) most adults walk. Speeding through a flaming, exploding city center while weaving past crashed cars or alongside stomping towers of muscle to deliver allies/supplies doesn’t shake her one bit.

Extraction: With a proper distraction, Cherry vanishes into dangerous territory. Jammed doors, flaming rooms, injured civilians - none of these are a problem. When there’s trouble in town, Cherry’s among the best on getting the innocent out of the battlefield.

Hobbyist Mechanic: While not as proficient as her driving, her early years led her to gain a quick understanding on what makes an car run and what makes it run faster. Her own ride is personalized in every way, down to the signed racer’s die hanging from the rear-view.

Appearance: A wiry, 5’ 7” woman of olive skin, though her habit of standing entirely over her left leg means she looks slightly taller when standing at attention. Her left cheek is marred by a pink scar that cuts slightly into her nose. Her deep brown eyes always have an energetic sparkle, though she does what she can to stand still and temper her impatience when on duty. In casual attire, she generally prefers a sky blue blouse and slick black pants.

KDF Equipment: Ignoring the toolkits, spare parts, and jaws of life in the trunk…
Glock 17 | Standard Issue KDF Body Armor | Standard Issue KDF Communicator | Standard Issue KDF Badge | Pulaski Ax | Multitool

Personality: Cherry is endlessly friendly and approachable, for about a minute. She fidgets when she stands still, and hums to herself when not speaking. Naturally, she means no offense, but if her attention is sought it must be earned or it will quickly decay. There is nothing more punishing than being forced to sit and wait for/during a task, and she’ll often only do so with a direct command.

Cherry is a wannabe racer without the nerve to go pro. She’s confident in her skills and her performance more than shows them, but she struggles to take things seriously. To fail at her first shot at her dreams in the height of her career would devastate her. Instead, she distracts herself with this more noble calling, satisfying her need for speed without the risk.

Other notes: Cherry has never worked with a partner before, and tends to work alone in general. Mist is being partnered with her under the hopes that it will help her develop some multi-tasking ability, and with the expectation that her random bouts of inattention towards him will help him develop, as initial observations suggest he performs better with less supervision.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:
Strength: 5 | Power steering wasn’t always a thing!
Perception: 10 | There’s not a thing she won’t notice, and if it’s more interesting than you…
Endurance: 4 | A couple failures in her early training still hold true.
Charisma: 5 | She’s great for as long as you can keep her in one spot.
Intelligence: 6 | It’s not really a science. It’s a movement. You feel the pavement below you.
Agility: 10 | swish
Luck: 8 | There’s always room for unexpected results.

Character Name: Mao Nguyen

Color: Slate (#696880)

Species: Manul Zoomorph

Specialties:

Master Smith: Recruited as a skilled artisan in smithing metal, Mao’s skill and knowledge of blades is incredible, serving as one of the best crafters for Colossi-shifting equipment around. With the KDF’s guidance, he’s gained impressive ability towards smithing/crafting firearms, ammunition, and specialized attachments for field units, as well as any specialty gear a request is submitted for.

Melee Specialist: Well-known for his prowess with his hand-crafted Tiger Hook Swords, Mao’s many years of both martial training and previous military service have created an incredible skill in hand-to-hand. While not incapable of using a firearm, his preference is always a close-quarters engagement.

Extreme Weather Unit: Mao’s thick coat, compact build, and upbringing have led to a considerable resistance to both hot and cold extremes. In snow or widespread flames he’s largely unbothered, and is a safer choice than most for missions with them involved.

Appearance: Standing at 5’ 1” and over 200 lbs, Mao is compact and sturdy. His muscles are hidden completely by the dense coat of copper-and-steel fur, and even when clothed it tends to cover his shirt collar and waistline through his outfit. The unobtrusive, curved ears and relatively small muzzle means he can often use human head equipment (as is the case with his welding mask, which sits against his mouth when worn). On base, he wears his standard uniform with the body armor on top, regardless of his task, but his swords always stay in the armory until actually needed.

KDF Equipment: His smithing tools stay in his workspace.
Colt M1911 | Standard Issue KDF Body Armor | Standard Issue KDF Communicator | Standard Issue KDF Badge | Tiger Hook Swords | Multitool

Personality: Short-spoken. Though the KDF’s professionals have helped assure his understanding of English, he regularly chooses not to audibly respond unless asked an open-ended question by a superior. Mao isn’t deliberately rude but struggles to identify with most other agents, working only with the R&D team and vanishing when off-duty. The only time he seems to willingly approach agents is when he’s trying to decipher a special request.

With the extreme decline in need for artisan smiths over the last few decades, Mao accepted immediately when given his contract. Granted, he had little idea of what he’d agreed to, but the decade+ he’s spent with the KDF has only had positive remarks on his work. It’s clear he’s uncomfortable around Kaiju, but lasting this long without so much as a tense remark suggests he manages whatever prejudice he holds well.

Other notes: Finally, someone with a worse name than Mao to pair him with. In truth, this pairing is expected to have a rockier start than we would like (we’re waiting for the good Doctor’s approval, as it would undoubtedly increase his workload initially) but the two are the best challenge for each other’s weaknesses. Mao’s discipline and Tigress’s lack of restraint will almost certainly clash, but if the two learn anything from each other they’ll both be considerably more effective agents.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:
Strength: 10 | The hammer strikes day in, day out.
Perception: 4 | Partially deaf and with (burn) nerve damage in his hands, he’s not the most attentive.
Endurance: 9 | The thick coat holds off most issues, but he’s prone to overheating.
Charisma: 5 | He doesn’t really seem to get along with anyone.
Intelligence: 6 | The research team has learned to just request and leave him to it.
Agility: 9 | Faster than you’d expect for someone of his size.
Luck: 5 | He does his work, and he does it well.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

They look good.

Hey, Krytus, I decided that partner characters can still utilize 48 points despite only having 6 stats instead of 7. My reasoning for this is that Partners will have some degree of training that ordinary folk don't have, and that letting them allocate the extra points still doesn't make them overpowered because they're still regular people in a world of Kaiju. So you can allocate 6 additional points to your sheet.

I'll probably be making a sheet for Tracie later today.
-Champion Motto

Krytus The Dreamer

Awesome Sauce. They're allocated and Mark's ready to go.

Btw since I don't plan on pairing Richter and Mark together unless there's nobody else. Is there a Kaiju player who'd like to pair up when the opportunity arises?

For now, though I'm having Mark pull solo duty.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Character Name: Tracie Clark

Color: Bright Red

Species: Red Fox Zoomorph

Specialties:

Persuasive Personality: Tracie is a very friendly individual who gets along with others easily. She has a knack for getting others to listen to her, and can be very persuasive and diplomatic when she wants to be.

Bigger is Better: Tracie's enthusiasm for all things large and in charge means she shows absolutely no fear around Kaiju, and in fact becomes intensely focused and alert any time Kaiju are in their full forms around her. In addition, she has a fascination with heavy equipment and weapons. She learns to operate heavy equipment and use heavy weapons faster than most others.

Coastal Athletics: Tracie grew up on the coast. From surfing, to swimming, to just running along the sandy beaches and jogging up coastal cliffside trails, to biking in the mountains and rock climbing, Tracie is at home on the coast and moves easily along

Appearance: With a beautiful and lithe body type, one might not realize the strength that lies below the surface. Her soft, red fur hides the muscles she's gotten from a lifetime of surfing, swimming, running, and rock climbing. Her fur is mostly bright scarlet red with white going from her muzzle down to her belly. She has black "glove" patterns on her hands and the tips of her ears, and a white tip to her tail. Her hair is naturally red, being the same color as her fur, but she usually dyes it different colors depending on her mood. She dyed it black when joining the KDF to help her chances in the interview.

KDF Equipment:
Duel Smith & Weston Model 500 Custom .500 Handguns | Standard Issue KDF Armor | Standard Issue KDF Communicator | Standard Issue KDF Badge | Weighted Aluminum Bat | Swiss Army Knife

Personality: Tracie is a bright, happy, bubbly young woman who loves to stay active. She has a fascination with all things large and powerful, especially when it comes to Kaiju. Tracie comes from a military family, and while her father doesn't especially approve of the KDF and doesn't understand her love of Kaiju, he was supportive of her choice to try and join up. The twin hand canons she carries were a gift from him, to help keep her safe. Tracie prefers to get along with everyone, but holds a deep-seated hatred for hunters and isn't afraid to use either her guns or her weighted bat to hit back at them.

Tracie's strength and love of large things appear to be connected to an attraction to powerful things. While she acknowledges that isn't exactly the healthiest thing to be drawn to, her "If I had unlimited power" fantasies tend to involve helping her parents and aging grandparents out around the house, helping as many people as she can, or otherwise caring for people who aren't strong enough to care for themselves.

Other notes: Tracie is a big fan of superhero movies, and likes them as much if not more than Kaiju movies. She especially likes the DC Animated shows from the 90's. Tracie has never met Heather, but has heard enough about her and Wildfire to hold them both in high regards.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:
Strength: 9 | Kaiju Biceps
Perception: 5 | Distractable Fox
Endurance: 8 | Mountain Climber
Charisma: 10 | Natural Leader
Intelligence: 5 | Simple but Worldly
Agility: 7 | Triathlete
Luck: 5 | 50/50 Coin flip.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

So... what's a pestilence?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Krytus The Dreamer

apparently this:

"An Elder Kaiju born of a rotting corpse which feeds upon disease and decay. Pestilence is surrounded by a miasma consisting of every lethal disease to have ever plagued the Earth. Hence why it snuffs out the life of the trees and wildlife around it. It lacks a disguised form, instead going dormant as a rotting skeletal body."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

That. Pestilence is an Elder class Kaiju. It's body resembles a decaying Kaiju skeleton surrounded by a fog made from diseases. Every plague from Black Death, to Smallpox, to polio, to rabies, and everything in between is in that cloud. Anything that comes within 100 meters of the Kaiju dies in seconds. Everything within a 500 meter radius becomes infected with any number of lethal and highly contagious diseases.

Hence why both Heather and Wildfire considered it to be a more pressing threat than even the Leviathan.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

So hand to hand would be a bad idea. :D
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Yeaaahhh, maybe not. XP

But people need to evac to shelters, and that's one thing Julian signed up for.
-Champion Motto

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

What happened just now with Heather is connected to a piece of the story I plan to elaborate on later regarding Crater City, Crater Bay, and it's relationship with Kaiju kind. It's not coming out of nowhere, exactly, it's setting up for a future arc/storyline.
-Champion Motto

Krytus The Dreamer

ooh. Interesting. My best-farfetched guess would be that if Kaiju and Partner have a deep enough bond, the non-Kaiju can tap into a fraction of their Kaiju's power through THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

If this is a bad time for Cherry, I'm happy to pull her back. I'm not super keen to add another character into this scene, but it seems like the most natural situation there is for her to show up in as far as I'd be willing to bet. Open to correction.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Huh! Out of curiosity, I put 'Shoju' into Google Translate, just in the off chance it's a real word and it is! Apparently it's Japanese for 'Teaching'
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Krytus The Dreamer

DdeeStar wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:49 am Cherry smiles back, glancing in the rear-view briefly to check on the two. The smile turns to a more challenging smirk as Mark mixes her name, turning back to the road and consciously resisting taking a turn tighter just to throw him onto the Mayor's lap.
oof that's my bad sorry. Though in my defense while I was writing the post I was called down for breakfast and I didn't get the time to proofread everything.

My in-universe explanation, the best one I could come up with at least, for the slip-up is that the sound "Che" and "She" in her name doesn't have a one-to-one equivalent in Japanese, and in high-stress situations, Mark accidentally slips up every now and then.
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

No worries! I would've asked, but I want to play with that a bit - Cherry isn't her birth name, but it is her legal name, so people getting it wrong gets on her nerves a little extra. I don't expect it'll come up often, but if he happens to miss it again he won't be the only one she's dealt with. :lol:
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I apologize for my silence. It's been chaotic. My aunts and uncles were removing furniture from Grandpa's old house to sell, I ended up in a pretty dark place when my cousin came to take Grandpa's cat away, and I eventually had to move to stay with my aunt for the next week until I fly out on Thursday. Once I'm back in Missouri, I'll be traveling to Tennesee for my late Uncle's Celebration of Life.

Unless I manage to work up the motivation to work on it during the weekdays, it is likely going to be another couple of weeks before I post here.

Again, I apologize for the delay.
-Champion Motto

Krytus The Dreamer

No worries take as much time as you need.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

While it is widely known by the government, experts, scientists, and anyone who's ever met a Kaiju in the past that Kaiju are sapient, and it is well established that Kaiju are capable of shifting into disguised forms in order to live normal lives, a lot of people believe that the claims Kaiju are sapient are politicized lies.

Certain politicians and media outlets, especially the less reputable conspiracy theorists and sensationalists, have claimed that Kaiju are actually more like animals with no sapience at all, and all the people who say Kaiju are people are part of a plot to let monsters have free reign over the cities.

TLDR, a lot of people don't know that Kaiju are sapient at all, let alone disguise themselves as people and live normal lives aside everyone else. The KDF has been trying to educate people about this, but a lot of other groups try to spread ignorance because it's easier to spread violent hate against Kaiju if you can paint them more as a pest than a people.

Frank's having his mind blown right now. Probably going to have to re-evaluate who he's listening to.
-Champion Motto

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I plan on writing this weekend, so if you haven't posted yet, I'd recommend writing something soon.
-Champion Motto

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I created a Retrospring account for people to ask Wildfire questions.

Just in case anyone is interested.

here it is!
-Champion Motto

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

So it's been quite a while since I've written an update, and I feel I should offer an explanation.

Honestly, I've just been incredibly busy.

With a full time job, there's a lot less time in the day, and so ever since I got the job I've had to do any writing for this game on the weekends. And lately, my weekends have been pretty full up. About half of them are spent traveling lately, back and forth between my home and my relatives in Tennessee for various reasons.

I know I'm not the only one who's been busy either.

Don't worry, BoH and CC will be coming back. Might be a little bit of a wait though, but I'm not giving up on them.
-Champion Motto