Dubiousity

Re: Chat thread

Post by Dubiousity »

I'll read it later :0
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Anthroguy101

9/11 (belated)

Post by Anthroguy101 »

I remember that day. My mother had a hard time explaining it to me after school. I went to church that day. It still says on a brick at a memorial at that church in Savannah, GA: "Mitch and Clarke: Tears and Why" because my brother and I kept asking "Why is this happening? Why would they do this?" I was in third grade, I think. It was a very hectic day, and I was very sad.

The documentaries are also very depressing. When I saw one a few years later, again I cried.
Beagle

Re: 9/11 (belated)

Post by Beagle »

Anthroguy101 wrote:I remember that day. My mother had a hard time explaining it to me after school. I went to church that day. It still says on a brick at a memorial at that church in Savannah, GA: "Mitch and Clarke: Tears and Why" because my brother and I kept asking "Why is this happening? Why would they do this?" I was in third grade, I think. It was a very hectic day, and I was very sad.

The documentaries are also very depressing. When I saw one a few years later, again I cried.

I remember I was in 1st grade, and I was way too young to understand what happened. I think I was six, and my I don't think my parents thought I was emotionally ready to hear a terrorist just killed 2,987 about 400 miles south of us.

As I got older, I learned the whole story. I just finished watching a document with real footage and news coverage from the event, this morning. Was horrifying. I sat there and tried to not cry in front of my dad.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

ctcmjh wrote:I just got back from the hospital :lol:

I cut my finger open and had to get 2 stitches. I'm just glad that it wasn't as bad as it could have been. The doctor said that if the knife went any deeper, it would have cut the tendon.
Now for a promotional video on knife safety.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Freakin Eagles better win D<
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

Private Elliot wrote:OH HAI THAR, I WUZ SENT HER 2 COMBO BREAK DIS. KTHXBYE
TR TR TR TROLL.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Now, now, there's no cause to break combos or accuse someone of trollcraft.

For my next trick, I'll do something tricky.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Senator_Sunburst

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

I still don't have my new monitor. I am unhappy.
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Senator_Sunburst wrote:I still don't have my new monitor. I am unhappy.
Use a tv :3
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

That reminded me of something I needed to take care of, kinda.

Also, TV production monitors.

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Dissension wrote:For my next trick, I'll do something tricky.
SSX Tricky was a great game.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

and now, for something completely different
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Even More Different

Also, tricky tricksters that like to trick people are a dime a dozen, but where are the tricky tricksters who use their powers for good, eh?

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Tricky from Star Fox Adventure was kind of annoying.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

mariomarc wrote:and now, for something completely different
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM
I except your challenge and raise you

this
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i fold
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

They lost D:
FlintTheSquirrel

State Fair

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I am going to go to the state fair today with what I think will be unlimited tickets. :D I will be gone from like 5:00PM (10 hours after this post) till, I don't know. 8 maybe?
I hope some random occurrence don't ruin it for me.
:?
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

I hope you have fun, Flint! ^_^
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Yup! Have fun, Flint!
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Mountain State fair, or just the one in Raleigh... I don't even know if the one in Raleigh is going yet...

Bah, either way if you're going to the mountain state fair near Asheville, I was there about 24 hours ago. too bad you didn't come sooner. :3

Have fun, it's beautiful up there. Oh and I also got this awesome Australian candy, which is this flavored licorice filled with a paste/goo. but it doesn't taste like licorice is the thing, they had Strawberry, Rainbow, Sour Apple, Sour Cherry, normal Cherry, Blueberry, and more. plus, they all tasted exactly how they where named, it's great.

Sound familiar Ebly?

what what? Jolly good time.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:Mountain State fair, or just the one in Raleigh... I don't even know if the one in Raleigh is going yet...

Bah, either way if you're going to the mountain state fair near Asheville, I was there about 24 hours ago. too bad you didn't come sooner. :3

Have fun, it's beautiful up there. Oh and I also got this awesome Australian candy, which is this flavored licorice filled with a paste/goo. but it doesn't taste like licorice is the thing, they had Strawberry, Rainbow, Sour Apple, Sour Cherry, normal Cherry, Blueberry, and more. plus, they all tasted exactly how they where named, it's great.

Sound familiar Ebly?
No silly
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Wish there was a fair/carnival around here.
FlintTheSquirrel

Jimmy Jazz wrote:Mountain State fair, or just the one in Raleigh... I don't even know if the one in Raleigh is going yet...
I thought it was the state fair, but I was misinformed. It is the Central Carolina Fair or something. I hope the have many fun rides. :3
Senator_Sunburst

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Okay, to be honest I haven't managed to make it to my only class this semester once. Why?

Because the directions to my new parking spot are indecipherable, and I'm bad at directions anyway. I spent 1 day trying to figure it out by driving aimlessly around, it didn't work. Then two more days with a friend, and we found it on the third day, but had to write the directions down for later use. Then labour day we didn't have class, and the class-day after labour day my father took my car so I couldn't get to class. NOW my father has decided to "clean" my glove compartment (what this means is he threw away everything in it) which housed my directions, so now I have no directions again!

I'm trying to call my friend who was with me because he's way better at directions than I am, but so far he's not answering his phone.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Senator_Sunburst wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Okay, to be honest I haven't managed to make it to my only class this semester once. Why?

Because the directions to my new parking spot are indecipherable, and I'm bad at directions anyway. I spent 1 day trying to figure it out by driving aimlessly around, it didn't work. Then two more days with a friend, and we found it on the third day, but had to write the directions down for later use. Then labour day we didn't have class, and the class-day after labour day my father took my car so I couldn't get to class. NOW my father has decided to "clean" my glove compartment (what this means is he threw away everything in it) which housed my directions, so now I have no directions again!

I'm trying to call my friend who was with me because he's way better at directions than I am, but so far he's not answering his phone.
I'm pretty sure that that's not a good thing, especially if your professor deducts grade points after so many classes, like all of mine do.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Senator_Sunburst

Teh Brawler wrote: I'm pretty sure that that's not a good thing, especially if your professor deducts grade points after so many classes, like all of mine do.
It's not a good thing!

Although that point deduction varies by professor. If nothing else, professors are usually nice helpful people so maybe I can explain the situation to him.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

That sucks man.

I get to re-take my English final to see what I retained, not fun.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Remember how I didn't make a volleyball team?
Well, I got put in PDL (Player Development League).
Today, I got moved up to a team. So I iz happy =D
Dubiousity wrote:That sucks man.

I get to re-take my English final to see what I retained, not fun.
Poor you. Btw- Thanks for giving me something to look forward to in college
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

No problem.
FlintTheSquirrel

Back from the fair with a bit of disappointment. We were lied to for one, we only got 2 ride tickets each. Secondly, most of the rides were for young children and I felt to tall and old to be caught on one. There were also those scary people who try to call you over to make small talk and then talk about their game booth. (I know they are just doing their job, but it sort of scares me when I get caught near one). I did get to ride 3 things though, one with my brother and then he gave me his 2nd ticket so I could go 2 others by myself. I will just say, I am very dizzy right now.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Back from the fair with a bit of disappointment. We were lied to for one, we only got 2 ride tickets each. Secondly, most of the rides were for young children and I felt to tall and old to be caught on one. There were also those scary people who try to call you over to make small talk and then talk about their game booth. (I know they are just doing their job, but it sort of scares me when I get caught near one). I did get to ride 3 things though, one with my brother and then he gave me his 2nd ticket so I could go 2 others by myself. I will just say, I am very dizzy right now.

The fair in Greensboro, right?
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Senator_Sunburst wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Dang, if your professors are anything like mine, they'll drop you after three absences if its the first 4 weeks of school.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

It's best not to get overhyped about fairs.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

While waiting in an elevator in a building this old lady in a wheel chair, who I have never seen before, told me I was a good person. O.o Out of the blue, for no apparent reason.

Weird.
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Senator_Sunburst

Typhon wrote:
Dang, if your professors are anything like mine, they'll drop you after three absences if its the first 4 weeks of school.
Don't say such things!
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

My history teacher told us today that because of the debt our school district is in, and the amount of kids cutting class, we would have to start paying for 25% of all our books, wear lanyards with gps tracking microchips, have a sight supervisor onsite to personally monitor the students, and if we wanted to buy anything we had to swipe our id card and it would make an electronic record of what we bought, how much it was, and at what time :O i was like holy crap is this legal?? They're treating us like cattle! There was like a huge uproar and people were yelling for petition!

Then he yelled "You guys got PUNKED"

-__________________________________________________________________________________________-
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Typhon wrote:My history teacher told us today that because of the debt our school district is in, and the amount of kids cutting class, we would have to start paying for 25% of all our books, wear lanyards with gps tracking microchips, have a sight supervisor onsite to personally monitor the students, and if we wanted to buy anything we had to swipe our id card and it would make an electronic record of what we bought, how much it was, and at what time :O i was like holy crap is this legal?? They're treating us like cattle! There was like a huge uproar and people were yelling for petition!

Then he yelled "You guys got PUNKED"

-__________________________________________________________________________________________-
Nerherherherher, funneh.

Also, OH GOSH WHY AM I SEEING BITTERSWEET CANDY BOWL ADS ON MY FACEBOOK
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Because Facebook thinks it's similar to your interests? Considering you post here, it's already more relevant to you than most of the ads I got before I blocked them.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Typhon seems to be in a very controlling school.