The Silver Screen

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: The Silver Screen

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Is it gonna be live action, cartoon or CGI?
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Man, do I miss going out to see a movie ! :cry:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am hoping that once everything calms down and we do start the vaccination process that we will be able to go out more and have more people seeing movies.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Maybe we'll get Disney+ for Christmas. My son seems happy with it.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Ben Hur was a little long, but amazing. Oliver (1968) was neat. The Witches remake was kind of a disappointment. Just watched the original, it was weird but funny. Personally, I'm most excited for The Batman, but that comes out next year. The trailers for Tim Story's Tom & Jerry looked meh. I never really liked his version of Fantastic 4, but then again I'm not really a big Marvel fan in general. I watched the Dumbo remake, it was fine up until the third act, then things got nonsensical. Just rewatched Thot Ragnarok, it's even funnier than I remember it. Captain Underpants is better than it's name suggests. Bram Stoker's Dracula is still the best version of the story, cringy love story with Mina and Keanu Reeves' terrible accent aside. The new Invisible Man was okay. The Shining was kinda boring, but picked up speed in the final act. I enjoyed the Goonies and Adam West's Batman. Rush Hour 2 was funny. The original Ten Commandments is still the best silent film ever made, Nosferatu is a close second. I still love the Polar Express. Speed was great. Pitch Perfect was okay. The Passion of the Christ was challenging.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Just realized my movie backlog is back in the high numbers again >.< Got the Cornetto movies to watch (thankfully just two of them as I've already seen the excellent Hot Fuzz), the first Bad Boys, They Live (Never seen this movie at all), Drive Angry, Resident Evil Vendetta, my Netflix queue, my Amazon Prime queue, then I'll got to binge MXC: Most Extreme Elimination Challenge...aye aye aye.
Harry Johnathan

BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA (1992)
Starring KEANU REEVES, WINONA RYDER, GARY OLDMAN & SIR ANTHONY HOPKINS
Based on "Dracula" by Bram Stoker
music by Wojchiech Kilar
Directed by Francis Ford Coppola
A Coumbia Pictures production

SYNOPSIS: John Harker, a stuffy real estate clerk (Keanu Reeves) unwittingly grants entry into England to Count Dracula (Gary Oldman) an evil vampire disguising himself as an eccentric bussinessman. However, Dracula is sidetracked in his quest to spread vampirism by Mina (Winona Ryder), John's free spirited wife who reminds Dracula of his lost love Elizabeth. Dracula is driven out of England by Prof. Van+Helsing (Sir Anthony Hopkins) and is finally killed by Mina as an act of mercy after he is brutally injured by John in battle.

The film LOOKS beautiful, with lush sets (the entire film was made on soundstages) and special effects meant to mimick the era of silent film. The film's focus on the power of Christianity also provides a positive view of the faith in an era there most Hollywood films would try to mock or eschew it all together. However, where the film fails it that it's insane devotion to being faithful to the book (including such minor details as Dracula having to sleep in coffins filled with dirt, Dracula taming an escaped wolf or the novel's style of being written as a series of journals) actually highlights the numerous changes, such as an increased focus on Van+Helsing in the later parts of the story (to the point he almost becomes the main character) and Dracula's somewhat forced romance with Mina. Also, the film's focus on the sensual aspects of the vampire story result in some VERY squickworthy moments, such as Dracula, in the form of a wolf, biting Lucy while also doing something else to her entirely. In fact, the entire film feels less like a coherent story and more like a series of mini episodes each exploding with drama and romance.

The film's score is fine. The film itself is fine, even if it is more 'Interview with the Vampire' than it is Dracula. 7/10.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Wasn't sure where to put this. Ryan Reynolds has just made an announcement about Deadpool 3

https://fb.watch/fPMb0xLw4J/
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:37 am Wasn't sure where to put this. Ryan Reynolds has just made an announcement about Deadpool 3

https://fb.watch/fPMb0xLw4J/
:o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D *VERY HAPPY WOLFY NOISES*
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So then I take it you are a big fan of the Deadpool movies? XD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

A VERY huge fan :)
CryosR

Post by CryosR »

Last movie I saw was League of Superpets, it was hillarious
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Power Rangers is getting a 30th anniversary special, and I’m definitely excited to see it! https://youtu.be/4stfaHAZAHE
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that it does look really nice just from the trailer! I hope it lives up to the hype!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Just realized we haven't gone to a movie theatre since the late Cenozoic. Done some play, some musicals, some jazz clubs, but no flickers since the years B. C. ("Before Covid").

My kids liked the "Power Rangers"; I was more into "Animaniacs". Still, hope it's a great movie `cause there's lots of fans out there. So ... Enjoy! ;)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:48 pm Just realized we haven't gone to a movie theatre since the late Cenozoic. Done some play, some musicals, some jazz clubs, but no flickers since the years B. C. ("Before Covid").

My kids liked the "Power Rangers"; I was more into "Animaniacs". Still, hope it's a great movie `cause there's lots of fans out there. So ... Enjoy! ;)
Last movie I saw was Thor: Love & Thunder (which is not a bad film). I just stopped going to them as, to be honest, Avengers: Endgame killed my enjoyment of going to movies.

I have seen some movies on the smaller screen, like Rob Zombie's The Munsters, which is NOT a bad movie and was actually really good!
Harry Johnathan

Just saw “Fantastic Planet”. One of the greatest animated films I’ve ever seen.