Wild Mass Guessing

Discuss the comic here
Amazee Dayzee

Re: Wild Mass Guessing

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well if Todd is the same age as Marion and Lois and Marion and Lois are high school seniors, then that would put them around 17 which means they have one more year before they become an adult legally at 18.

By adult, I'm thinking that the aardvark (Arthur) is at least a few decades older than him so even if Todd was legally it would still be kind of gross. Which is why my WMG was that the aardvark was around the same age as them: 17.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

It’s been confirmed that Todd is in his 20s.

Also, we know that at least Marion was 17 at his graduation, and some time has passed since, it can be easily inferred that he’s either 18 or 19 now.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well you see I didn't know that. I must have forgotten about that back when it was said and I didn't take into consideration the fact that some time has passed since they were transformed. I can't remember every finite detail of the comic.

Still, I am really hoping that Arthur is around their same age and not like 30 or 40. :?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:14 am Well if Todd is the same age as Marion and Lois and Marion and Lois are high school seniors, then that would put them around 17 which means they have one more year before they become an adult legally at 18.

By adult, I'm thinking that the aardvark (Arthur) is at least a few decades older than him so even if Todd was legally it would still be kind of gross. Which is why my WMG was that the aardvark was around the same age as them: 17.
Does the fact that they are now animals change the rules? I don't think the Aardvark is that much older than Todd, Marion, or Lois, maybe in his 20s, but I have nothing to base that deduction on.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Marion runs into Keene and Breel after Steward gets Lois and they team up to get Kitsune out of the illusion so he can break it.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:21 pm I figured that it would be more Lois unamused than Marion. Only because if someone makes Marion feel uncomfortable Lois would set them straight.
Marion and Lois remind me of Maxwell and Grape, Max/Marion are both insecure and might feel unworthy of their significant other’s love and while both Grape and Lois might tease their boyfriend, heaven help anyone who truly hurts them.

In the current arc, I think that Marion might be able to elude Steward more easily, because of his smaller size, and the fact that squirrels are fairly commonplace, more so than red pandas or bobcats.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Kix manages to take down Nega Breel once the illusion is broken for her and Kitsune allowing Kitsune to go help again Demon Steward.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

After a class visit to the K9 station, Miles ponders switching jobs from teaching to police work. Ralph has mixed feelings about bringing a wolf into the unit.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

NHWestoN wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:57 am After a class visit to the K9 station, Miles ponders switching jobs from teaching to police work. Ralph has mixed feelings about bringing a wolf into the unit.
Alternatively Ralph is frighteningly enthusiastic about how much crime rates will be reduced.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Miles invites Sabrina to become a substitute science teacher, forgetting she's a sorcerer's apprentice. Pueblo is enraptured.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Steward's immense guilt causes him to have a change of heart and work for the good guys and he sacrifices his life when NegaBreel attempts to kill Keene.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:35 pm Steward's immense guilt causes him to have a change of heart and work for the good guys and he sacrifices his life when NegaBreel attempts to kill Keene.

You might be on to something here. Though if he dies, would Heaven accept him or would he get sent below? Purgatory until he stands Trial, perhaps?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

At the end of this arc, Kitsune realizes that he SHOULDN'T be a Celestial and willingly becomes mortal because of how he messed up with everything already.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:56 am At the end of this arc, Kitsune realizes that he SHOULDN'T be a Celestial and willingly becomes mortal because of how he messed up with everything already.
I'd like this, actually. But I'd only accept it if he gave Pete and Dragon their Powers back, rather than drag them down with him.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Another one based on the new strip.

Tarot finally realizes that playing the hero isn't the be all to end all and steps aside. Only to somehow end up the hero.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:22 pm Another one based on the new strip.

Tarot finally realizes that playing the hero isn't the be all to end all and steps aside. Only to somehow end up the hero.
Pride goeth for a fall. Humility just goes. But it gets there.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Going along with my previous entry, Bahamut offers to make Tarot a God to reward her for her help but she just asks for her psychic powers back at full capacity.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

After tonight's latest strip, I'm wagering he poofs them all to Egypt for the final showdown between them and Eudoant....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Eudoant tries to sway Craig and Draig over to his side by giving them their Celestial forms back and powers but they say no.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:35 pm Going along with my previous entry, Bahamut offers to make Tarot a God to reward her for her help but she just asks for her psychic powers back at full capacity.
That just means more Holodecking for her and Peanut~
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:22 am Eudoant tries to sway Craig and Draig over to his side by giving them their Celestial forms back and powers but they say no.
Unless GK just knows how to get in there, he really might need the Twins' to avoid any celestial booby traps set up....
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sasha and Daisy, secretly disguised as flight attendants, dash in to save the day by losing Eudoant's luggage and forcing her to waste days stranded at the luggage carousel while Tarot, GK, and the gang slip into the Nile Valley ahead of her.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Eudoant somehow blocked Kitsune from being able to teleport to the temple so they have to go through the **** of the TSA system and have a hard time getting on a plane.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Meanwhile guess who is in Egypt on a bargain vacation to get away from all the loony happenings back home - King and Bailey. Boy, are they in for a surprise!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Zanesands wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:17 am Wild mass guess, from the grave!

Bailey's gonna have two pups, male and female, they're going to turn out to be Pete and Dragon's mortal (re?)incarnations.

It's soon enough after the end of the U&U arc, and that'd it'd be a perfect thing for a trickster deity like the Kitsune to pull.
Well, besides "Happy Birthday", Zanesands, your comment turned out to be prophetic ... sorta. Spirit Dragon and Pete did wind up being "mortalized" as children, except those of GKitsune and a new character (Kix). Good call!

Oh, and again, Happy Birthday and Enjoy!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The Aardvark has a younger sister named Dora Winifred. :mrgreen:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Prince Jata and Gale are carrying on a torrid romance over zoom.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That would be something I would really be interested in seeing! If there is anybody that can put Jata in his place when he oversteps its Gale. :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

On a darker note, could it be that many of the original characters are deceased? :cry:
Jazzyamx

Post by Jazzyamx »

NHWestoN wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:53 pm On a darker note, could it be that many of the original characters are deceased? :cry:

Hmm, possibly, but Cerb's comment to Tarot of 'A portal to Heck was detected in your vicinity' seems more like "Emergency Planar Shift" then "Everyone's Dead Dave" to me. I think both you and I prefer the latter idea, but I guess we'll just have to see.

---------
In terms of other guesses I'm thinking of, I'm personally thinking that the HPU is set sometime in the late 2020's to the early 2030's, as Battery Electric Vehicles seem to be fairly common based on Itsuki's frustrated talking to his boss about the old lady who asked for an oil change on one (his frustration really seemed like "For the love of dog, this is common knowledge!").

If you want to get really technical, BEVs do have oil--just not engine oil. The reduction gearbox oil and the differential fluid do have service intervals though. Obviously this is not likely what the old lady was talking about.
"We're all mad, some of us are just a bit more honest about it." --The Master, Doctor Who (Paraphrased)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Jazzyamx wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:08 am
NHWestoN wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:53 pm On a darker note, could it be that many of the original characters are deceased? :cry:

Hmm, possibly, but Cerb's comment to Tarot of 'A portal to Heck was detected in your vicinity' seems more like "Emergency Planar Shift" then "Everyone's Dead Dave" to me. I think both you and I prefer the latter idea, but I guess we'll just have to see.

---------
In terms of other guesses I'm thinking of, I'm personally thinking that the HPU is set sometime in the late 2020's to the early 2030's, as Battery Electric Vehicles seem to be fairly common based on Itsuki's frustrated talking to his boss about the old lady who asked for an oil change on one (his frustration really seemed like "For the love of dog, this is common knowledge!").

If you want to get really technical, BEVs do have oil--just not engine oil. The reduction gearbox oil and the differential fluid do have service intervals though. Obviously this is not likely what the old lady was talking about.
Well, as Bugs Bunny would say, "Mmmmmmmm ..... could be."
Actually, your logic is underscored even more vividly by the generally more enlightened attitude towards Human-Animal interaction than seen in our own time. ;) 8-)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Marion will reunite with his long-lost father but unfortunately his father has been turned into a predator animal so it won't be a happy reunion.
CryosR

Post by CryosR »

Peanut will show up and absorb the mana to become Spot to stop Eudoant
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

In addition to it being Peanut who absorbs the mana, Max and Grape will have came with him and also absorb it and become their Pridelands characters alongside Peanut as Spot.
Harry Johnathan

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:49 am In addition to it being Peanut who absorbs the mana, Max and Grape will have came with him and also absorb it and become their Pridelands characters alongside Peanut as Spot.
He gets beaten up instantly.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

When Eudoant gets to the mana, it will change hm from being evil to good and make him a redeemed Infernal.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

When does The Forgotten stride into the action? (Probably just before Griswald.)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The Contract transforms Keene into a very small frog.
Harry Johnathan

NHWestoN wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:53 pm The Contract transforms Keene into a very small frog.
Oddly, it also transformed Breel into a pig.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Todd secretly always wanted to be an animal. That is why he isn't pushing back a lot more to become human again.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:38 am
NHWestoN wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:53 pm The Contract transforms Keene into a very small frog.
Oddly, it also transformed Breel into a pig.
Hmm, we don't have any pigs in Housepets, do we? Unless Aardvark qualifies as EarthPig ..... ;)