Things you finally noticed on rereading

Discuss the comic here
D-Rock

Re: Things you finally noticed on rereading

Post by D-Rock »

King didn’t censor himself when he was speaking to Bahamut. It’s likely just a species thing.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

King didn't say "Crap" when he exploded in anger though after Bino's stunt which was supposed to humiliate him in front of everybody. The only instances of "Carp" being used have been from cats but I still think it can go either way.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

The title of https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... -a-survey/ is a reference to an Animaniacs episode, Survey Ladies, and their refrain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwi96ZRtc_8
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
MasterAbsinthe

Post by MasterAbsinthe »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:36 am I don't know why because "Crap" isn't a curse word.
Carp isn't a swearword but if you switch the r with the a you get the absolutely awful swearword CARP
I specialize in wolf head avatars.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its not a swear word though. Its a word that is impolite to say and you shouldn't use it a lot (and I don't) but there are WORSE words. :|
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

So, wait a minute! Keene did die, initially, when he found himself in Heaven and met Breel, didn’t he? And then, Cerberus just told him he could go back. So what was all that about? Did he die? If not, why was he in heaven? If he did die, why did he get to go back?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Near-death experience.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

MasterAbsinthe wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:58 am
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:36 am I don't know why because "Crap" isn't a curse word.
Carp isn't a swearword but if you switch the r with the a you get the absolutely awful swearword CARP
As in "carpe diem", you know ... "Seize the Carp!!" Has something to do with the Roman version of gefilte fish.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have to admit though when I heard of the fish, it was only because I knew the Pokemon Magikarp. Once I knew there was a real fish called that, I continued to spell it "karp". XD
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

It's not a reread, per se, but a couple weeks ago at dinner the conversation turned to artsy films (and our distaste of them), and one of the films brought up was The Unbearable Lightness of Being. I'm ashamed to say it took me that long to realize the reference behind the comic chapter of (nearly) the same name.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

CuriousCnidarian wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:50 pm It's not a reread, per se, but a couple weeks ago at dinner the conversation turned to artsy films (and our distaste of them), and one of the films brought up was The Unbearable Lightness of Being. I'm ashamed to say it took me that long to realize the reference behind the comic chapter of (nearly) the same name.
You dislike artsy films....?

Yay, I finally have an arch-enemy!
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What are your thoughts on people who can either take or leave artsy films then? :P
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Kate Gelato first appeared in 2015. She isn't tagged as such, but between the blonde hair and purple jacket, I think she's meant to be the same character.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have always wondered if Jack got fired for that little faux pas. I doubt that they would let him in the PARK again after that.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

errassw wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:09 am Image

bailey appearing in christmas 2008, ~3 years before the arc where king goes to kansas with fox
Sentimental journey ... :) :roll:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Don't you just love it when Rick throws out what seems to be an Easter Egg but then picks up on it again a few years later? :D
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

I wonder how much of that is actually planned or just convenient little accidents.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If I had to guess I would say it might be a 60/40 ratio between them. Rick just might see something he made previously and decide to expand on it.
Last edited by Amazee Dayzee on Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Duchess's eyes changed from blue to gold.
duche1.png
duche1.png (35.78 KiB) Viewed 3532 times
duche2.png
duche2.png (40.51 KiB) Viewed 3532 times
TyVulpintaur

Post by TyVulpintaur »

When the writing under Kitsune's gold statue changes (usually says "Or was it?").
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

He do be cheeky like that.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

OK an actually one that probably wasn't me just paying attention the first time. Though in my defense it was the FIRST ever comic I read.

During The "Great Water Balloon War" we had a face off between some cats and Ralph and Kevin. On this page we had the cats send a MASSIVE balloon filled with water towards Ralph and Kevin. Then on this page, we hear it burst on them. Of course you can't see it at first because the text bubbles are in the way.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Just now realized, and I'm not sure how I missed it before, that they are actively talking about manipulating the magic behind metamorphosis to be able to change species at will, in the last few strips. I didn't realize they had that, and certainly not that it was something the average character might have access to.

Suddenly, I want to see Joey playing around with that magic, probably to turn himself into a cat.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I honestly wouldn't be opposed to Grape trying it out once she knows about it to briefly become a dog. A lot of people do pair her up with dogs (not just Peanut) and she last had a crush on Satau.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I’d be surprised if we get that, considering that it seemed like we’re moving away from magic stuff in the future, even more so since it was mentioned that doing so at that moment was dangerous, with a safe version possibly being decades away. Keene told Lana he wants to help fund the research, though. (Though this only makes him worse in my eyes because it comes off as “create the problem, sell the solution.”)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I mean its pretty obvious what Keene's goal is when he said he wants to help fund the research. He is going to obstruct the progress in any way he can in order to draw it out for said decades, because he wants to keep pushing his group more and the ECP only works if there are a lot of new members. With a good chunk of the world transformed because of a ******* squirrel he'll get those members but if they decide to change back then he'll lose them and the group won't be as powerful. So Keene is no better than said ******* squirrel because while he took the choice out of people's hands whether they wanted to be animals or not, Keene wants to make sure people will be forced to stay animals so the ECP will keep their relevance in the world.