Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

CunningFox

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by CunningFox »

Sophie looks lovely, Weston. So sorry for your loss.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Thank you all - trekkie, Harry, DDeer, CunningFox and others - for your thoughtful comfort.

We all have pets and people we carry in the shrines of our hearts. Our lives unfold at their own pace and, by such markers, we map them out even as we move forward. Sophie shared her life with us for almost a quarter of our time in this world, and made the missus and I altogether a wonderful trio.
Such a joy and a privilege to know and love her.

So, today, we celebrated our joyous, elegant, and adventurous Sophie and also fifty-one years of marriage. How blessed we have been, how blessed we are, to have had each other in our lives, Sophie in our lives, and friends like all of you. Enjoy! :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I still have the cremated ashes of my dog that died a decade ago in the kitchen. Just couldn't bring myself to scatter them.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Happy Anniversary to you both Weston.
Hope your Gran is o.k. Amazee
Disproportionately Dappled
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Hope you and the wife had a good dinner, Weston.

Hope your grandma feels better, Dayzee.

Sorrow/Irritation : The new guy they hired at the market is uh, a real, charming young man, if you catch my drift. He’s obnoxious, lazy, and has managed to earn the enmity of pretty much every other employee, which is quite an accomplishment because everyone is pretty easygoing, and the dude has only been employed for a month. The bright spot for me is that I don’t work the same days as he does, however he always leaves a mess for me. So, yeah, he’s rather irritating.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: Haven't figured out what I am going to eat on Friday instead of having Burger King yet.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:44 pm Sorrow: Haven't figured out what I am going to eat on Friday instead of having Burger King yet.
Is it "fast food" in general that you're barred from? Maybe it would be okay if you limited the portions, like a small burger instead of a quarter pounder.
Maybe your doctor could draw up some diet meal recommendations for you. Having been on diets off and on much of my life, I know how tough it can be.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

She just said Burger King but I'm not sure if it is an umbrella term. If it is, then I am screwed since we get fast food 2 times a week sometimes.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:44 am She just said Burger King but I'm not sure if it is an umbrella term. If it is, then I am screwed since we get fast food 2 times a week sometimes.
As it stands, that's rather vapid and unhelpful guidance. I mean, do you use too many ketchup packets ... or what? :roll:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

You could try healthier options, too Dayzee, Burger King has grilled chicken sandwiches, salads and a veggie burger. I agree with, Weston, too your doc should be specific as to what to eat and what not to eat.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: The big snowstorm my mother thought we were gonna get is mostly gonna be just rain!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Rain for us too, kinda glad about that.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I do like snow and when it snows and covers the ground. I just don't like almost 25 inches of it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:46 pm I do like snow and when it snows and covers the ground. I just don't like almost 25 inches of it.
... especially when covers up the muddy and dirty snow that just doesn't seem to melt away.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure that it will. Its just gonna take a while. Like until June. :roll:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

But today is ice and slush and cold drool rain, the kind that feels like blowing sandpaper.

Had to walk to the post box and get the mail. I thought of Sophie following me down the driveway in such storms, how much she detested weather like this - and how determined she was to stay with me, if not lead the charge. When I didn't put her leash on, she always knew we'd stop at the box and return promptly. Then she'd lower her head and dash back before I had taken a third step. Such a hoot.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Bitterly cold here today, feeling a little under the weather, this deer has a red nose, seasonal I guess at least, got a fire going so thawing out nicely, watching ice skating, some intriguing music choices. Whisky waiting for me. Mrs Deer flaked out on the sofa.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:30 pm Bitterly cold here today, feeling a little under the weather, this deer has a red nose, seasonal I guess at least, got a fire going so thawing out nicely, watching ice skating, some intriguing music choices. Whisky waiting for me. Mrs Deer flaked out on the sofa.
Good day for hibernating and watching the ice skating and other Olympic events. I always feel so sorry for those who fall, slip, and crash - they worked so very, very hard for these moments and sacrificed so much to go. :cry: Still, the grace and energy of so many of the contestants is inspiring and hopeful. :) Encouragement, at my age and my stage, is where you find it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: Our backyard is still incredibly frozen and dangerous so I can't go out there to do anything without slipping.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Whatever else it is, it is Friday........
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Joy: We're getting our new puppy tomorrow!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

CunningFox wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:52 pm Joy: We're getting our new puppy tomorrow!
Wonderful!! What breed/breeds/mix, fox?
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

NHWestoN wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:57 pm
CunningFox wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:52 pm Joy: We're getting our new puppy tomorrow!
Wonderful!! What breed/breeds/mix, fox?
She's a whippet.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Lovely choice - does she have a name yet?
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Harper.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: For some reason I woke up nauseous when I got up and I don't know why.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Hoping you are feeling less nauseous Amazee.

Harper is a fine name.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Joy: Doing much much much much MUCH better than I ever had in years! My smile's back, my laughter is slowly returning, and my dumb(ish) jokes are back as well!

Confusing: TRYING to figure out why a song from 'Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" is stuck on a loop in my head
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

SeanWolf wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:18 pm Joy: Doing much much much much MUCH better than I ever had in years! My smile's back, my laughter is slowly returning, and my dumb(ish) jokes are back as well!

Confusing: TRYING to figure out why a song from 'Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" is stuck on a loop in my head
Good to hear! Be careful, those musical numbers are ear worms, I can get a song stuck in my head for a whole day at times, like my brain is on autopilot, nice to know it's not just me that gets that.

No dreams prophesying the future harvest prospects I trust ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Is Harper home yet, Fox?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:23 pm
SeanWolf wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:18 pm Joy: Doing much much much much MUCH better than I ever had in years! My smile's back, my laughter is slowly returning, and my dumb(ish) jokes are back as well!

Good to hear! Be careful, those musical numbers are ear worms, I can get a song stuck in my head for a whole day at times, like my brain is on autopilot, nice to know it's not just me that gets that.

No dreams prophesying the future harvest prospects I trust ;)
Anderew Llyod Webber will do it every time.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Glad to hear it, Sean.
NHWestoN wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:21 pm Is Harper home yet, Fox?
Yep. She's settling in nicely.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

There's just something so magical and enchanting about bringing an animal into your home.

All those years ago and I still remember the late afternoon we brought Sophie home - her and her sheep doll. We gave her the tour, took her for a walk (still carrying her doll), and put her to bed.

Welcome, Harper, your luck dog ... enjoy!
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Thank you for the kind words, Weston.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Glad, you’re feeling better, Sean.

Enjoy your new puppy, CunningFox !

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sorrow: On January 31 Kyan Pennell, a 12 year old piano prodigy passed away as a result of a freak accident on his family's farm.

Joy: He left us with one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written ensuring that his legacy will continue and he will never be forgotten. Yes, he wrote the piano part to this at just 12 years old. His family posted the handwritten score online asking people to play it for them since they couldn't read music and hadn't heard it. And the internet delivered in time for his funeral.

Version 1

Version 2
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sixty-two degrees, light breeze, melting snow - a bit of mid-February Spring today. Took a long walk.
Alone.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Storm Eunice coming in tonight. Most of UK is on Orange alert for wind. (Be careful if out).

My area has a Red alert for wind (Danger of death)

I'm staying in and hoping the power stays on... :D
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Futurama got revived for the third time a few days ago and is coming back!

Sorrow: They have to recast Bender as they couldn't come to an agreement with John DiMaggio about a paycheck.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

CunningFox wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:52 am Thank you for the kind words, Weston.
Week two - how's Harper, Fox?