Trying to find a meme image of either Grape or Maxwell

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

VoidGaming404

Trying to find a meme image of either Grape or Maxwell

Post by VoidGaming404 »

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm looking for an image that I believe became a meme. It was either the original Maxwell grin, or Grape doing the grin, looking to the side. I can't seem to find the right image
Life is like a rollercoaster, sure there's ups and downs, but you may find that it can throw you for a loop!

~VoidGaming404

Christmas Avatar was made by Jolty-Kun

Original Avatar was made by Buster
Harry Johnathan

Re: Trying to find a meme image of either Grape or Maxwell

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Hmmm. I'll look around.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Harry Johnathan

Was it this image? (Sorry for the bad quality, lol. :lol: :oops: )
Was it this strip?
Was it this strip?
download (4).jpeg (12.41 KiB) Viewed 1647 times
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
VoidGaming404

Post by VoidGaming404 »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:38 pm Was it this image? (Sorry for the bad quality, lol. :lol: :oops: )

download (4).jpeg
That was the image xD Thank you ^^ (What was that comic strip number?)
Life is like a rollercoaster, sure there's ups and downs, but you may find that it can throw you for a loop!

~VoidGaming404

Christmas Avatar was made by Jolty-Kun

Original Avatar was made by Buster
Harry Johnathan

The title of the strip is "Don't Read into It". It's from one of the Hot Springs arcs, circa 2018.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Actually, the strip is "I Said Don’t Read Into It" and the comics themselves do not have any numbers however the date it was posted is May 23rd, 2018. It is in "Chapter: 114. Temple Crashers 2: Epilogue Crashers".
Harry Johnathan

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:06 am Actually, the strip is "I Said Don’t Read Into It" and the comics themselves do not have any numbers however the date it was posted is May 23rd, 2018. It is in "Chapter: 114. Temple Crashers 2: Epilogue Crashers".
Thanks
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Of course. I wanted to double check to make sure so that there would be no confusion at all if it couldn't be found.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Dumb question from a non-tech cultural Cro-magnon - What makes those images "memes"? heck, what's a "meme" anyways - apparently a representation of something but meaning .... what? :?
Harry Johnathan

NHWestoN wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:45 am Dumb question from a non-tech cultural Cro-magnon - What makes those images "memes"? heck, what's a "meme" anyways - apparently a representation of something but meaning .... what? :?
A meme is the sharing and communication of ideas through text and images, most often with a humorous or satirical tone. The term "meme" was coined by biologist Richard Dawkins in his book "The Selfish Gene". Memes have existed throughout human history, such as graffiti depicting a character known as "Killroy" widely seen during WWII and strange images of knights fighting snails in medieval manuscripts. Internet memes were proposed as an idea by researcher Mike Godwin for Wired Magazine. What is widely regarded as the first internet meme was a video of a dancing baby shared by many forum users around 1999.

There are many subcategories of "memes", including Image Macros (words superimposed over a "funny" image), exploitables (taking a comic or subtitled image and changing the words as a form of parody), deep fried memes (heavily photoshopped images with often nonsensical text; a form of anti-humor) and short-form video memes.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:34 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:45 am Dumb question from a non-tech cultural Cro-magnon - What makes those images "memes"? heck, what's a "meme" anyways - apparently a representation of something but meaning .... what? :?
A meme is the sharing and communication of ideas through text and images, most often with a humorous or satirical tone. The term "meme" was coined by biologist Richard Dawkins in his book "The Selfish Gene". Memes have existed throughout human history, such as graffiti depicting a character known as "Killroy" widely seen during WWII and strange images of knights fighting snails in medieval manuscripts. Internet memes were proposed as an idea by researcher Mike Godwin for Wired Magazine. What is widely regarded as the first internet meme was a video of a dancing baby shared by many forum users around 1999.

There are many subcategories of "memes", including Image Macros (words superimposed over a "funny" image), exploitables (taking a comic or subtitled image and changing the words as a form of parody), deep fried memes (heavily photoshopped images with often nonsensical text; a form of anti-humor) and short-form video memes.
Continuing to ask - since you're being so helpful - how does a meme differ from, say, a political cartoon? Sometimes it helps me to understand better by knowing what something isn't alongside what it is. For example - following Void's question - how is a meme of Grape or Maxwell different from any ol'drawing of Grape and Maxy? And thanks, Harry.
Harry Johnathan

NHWestoN wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:44 pm
Harry Johnathan wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:34 pm

Continuing to ask - since you're being so helpful - how does a meme differ from, say, a political cartoon? Sometimes it helps me to understand better by knowing what something isn't alongside what it is. For example - following Void's question - how is a meme of Grape or Maxwell different from any ol'drawing of Grape and Maxy? And thanks, Harry.
Technically, there's not that much difference... but It takes quite a bit of skill to draw a political cartoon. Memes can be made by basically anyone, since they're mostly photo based. Memes also don't have to be strictly political. And unlike cartoons, the older, used and more mainstream meme becomes, it loses value and specialness within the meme community and is rendered "dead"; anyone caught using it after this point is subject to ridicule. what seperates a "memeable" image from any regular image is memorablity and joke potential.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Okay. Interesting. Thanks, Harry.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Some memes last a while, some fade away quickly, but to some, memes never die. Some of my favorites are heavily out of use, such as the “rage faces.”

Hilariously, this parody, using a meme that for a brief time was really popular, does touch on the nature of internet memes.

Though a more serious take on memes in general from this game, where memes were a big part of the story.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

When in doubt, if you can't find one maybe you can create one.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

`ppreciate the enlightenments, friends. Still stuck in the twentieth century, I'se afeered.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is better than being stuck in the 19th century though. :ugeek:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, that one wasn't much fun for me either.