Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: Having a tough time trying to get back into a routine after 10 days away.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:26 pm We live three miles from the Atlantic. Since we are residents, we have guaranteed parking so go down there often despite the tourist onslaughts. I often went down there on my bike when I was a kid, early in the morning, a little before dawn. It was quite moving to see the sunrise and, if you were lucky, sometimes there'd be some deer playing on the shore before all the bipeds and surfers came along. Deer don't come around anymore but we often have seal pups turn up ... and now the occasional shark.
That sounds pretty idyllic, Deer are good swimmers, went inland to a mountainous stream a day or so ago, saw a female heron catching fish (landed within 5m of us and didn't seem at all bothered), a very graceful and proud looking creature. Also saw a Salmon leap I think and a Mink (not seen one of these before). The local squirrels did not seem to like either the Mink or the Heron, a great staring contest took place between a Squirrel on the bank and the Heron in the middle of the stream perched on a rock.

You'll soon get back in the swing of things Dayzee.
Disproportionately Dappled
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

Joy: Tomorrow I'll go to a city where I haven't been for 4 years and I'm really looking forward to it, since it's a nice and quite peaceful, I wish it wouldn't take 2.5 hours to get there.

Sorrow: Sometimes I just feel embarrassed for being a Hungarian, because of what's going on there.
I dunno, just imagine something funny here

And also just to advertise myself:
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/chieris/
https://www.deviantart.com/dangraythewolf
Retrospring for my Housepets characters: https://retrospring.net/@Garfield474
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

My friend, we all feel that about our home countries from time to time. The bad things make the news. The small, individual good stories don't.

I just looked at a local online news site -walesonline - for an uplifting story. This was as close as I could find. Everything else was from bad to horrific. Your country's not the news, my friend.

EDIT. Found one
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:06 pm My friend, we all feel that about our home countries from time to time. The bad things make the news. The small, individual good stories don't.

I just looked at a local online news site -walesonline - for an uplifting story. This was as close as I could find. Everything else was from bad to horrific. Your country's not the news, my friend.

EDIT. Found one
Videogame demolition derby? Huh. Reminds me of the infamous "Disco Sucks!" rally held by the MLB at one of their baseball stadiums, where hundreds of people cheered as shock jocks destroyed disco records.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

How long ago was that then? I would be interested in looking it up. Sounds like it was appalling. But I would need to know just how bad it was.
Harry Johnathan

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:50 pm How long ago was that then? I would be interested in looking it up. Sounds like it was appalling. But I would need to know just how bad it was.
It was around the early 1980s.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:50 pm How long ago was that then? I would be interested in looking it up. Sounds like it was appalling. But I would need to know just how bad it was.
Appalling? Disco? Kinda ...... ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: We are right in the middle of a hurricane that is barreling down Hurricane Henri which means there is a possibility we might lose power and if that happens I fear it will be for several days again which I am not thrilled about.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well ... hurricane is gone. Wasn't too bad as storms go, either.
Harry Johnathan

I got held back a grade. I'm seriously angry right now. It's not my fault a global pandemic and worried parents prevented me from going to school.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I never have been held back but I had friends who were so I know it sucked. I am so sorry for that Ryder.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

I think about Gary Coleman, Conrad Bain, Bonar Bain etc.
It gives me headache
I mainly think about Night Trap and Diff'rent Strokes actors like every minute
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Your problem seems recurring, Oded. Is there nothing for it?
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

I tried everything but nothing seems to completely making these thoughts disappear from my mind as I keep thinking about it, it's a serious OCD that I'm having which my brain wants to think about them despite me not wanting to think about it, I feel obsessive over those actors and I want it t to stop bothering me, I want to live my life to the fullest without having these in my mind
Harry Johnathan

OdedZeituni98 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:02 pm I tried everything but nothing seems to completely making these thoughts disappear from my mind as I keep thinking about it, it's a serious OCD that I'm having which my brain wants to think about them despite me not wanting to think about it, I feel obsessive over those actors and I want it t to stop bothering me, I want to live my life to the fullest without having these in my mind
I know how you feel, man.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sciatica is acting up again. ow.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sorrow: Found out my stepdad hit his leg off of a wood pallet while cutting wood. What makes me feel bad is I have a good view of him and didn't know he was injured and could barely move. He's resting now, but i feel rotten i didn't notice him :(
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Harry Johnathan

My dog passed away. May God rest her soul.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sorry to hear that, mate. Never gets easier. (But that Doctor Who clip I sent you a couple of days back tells the right tale. It won't always hurt to remember.)
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Harry Johnathan

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:30 pm Sorry to hear that, mate. Never gets easier. (But that Doctor Who clip I sent you a couple of days back tells the right tale. It won't always hurt to remember.)
Thank you Welsh. God bless.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:28 pm My dog passed away. May God rest her soul.
I'm deeply saddened to learn of your dog's passing, Rydr. Our Sophie is in twilight now as the vets recently discovered a "mass" on her spleen. She is in no pain but age and this infirmity will accelerate her journey. We can only enjoy the time with her that remains, knowing that Sophie has begun to listen for her Master's call. So many, many years - so many, many joys.

May God give you comfort.
Last edited by NHWestoN on Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:28 pm My dog passed away. May God rest her soul.
Condolences, Rydr.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

My condolences Rydr, when we lost our last pet it really floored me, my thoughts are with you.

Daunted
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: All the moscato wine we had from my party is gone. I didn't drink it all. I only had 3 cups as nightcaps.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Bumped into my cross-the-street neighbor this afternoon. He mentioned that he, the missus, and two of his kids had tested positive for covid two weeks ago. They'd had the jabs so wasn't too bad nursing each other, but it was a little scary.

It's getting bad in northern New England again.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sorrows:
Began my birthday at the vets this morning. Sophie's afflictions returned suddenly yesterday afternoon and we decided to get her in early. They hydrated her and gave her some routine medicines that eventually help her come around. Because of Covid, only one owner is allowed in with a pet so the missus went in while I waited outside. (Sophie loves me but she adores her "mom".) We suspected some of her routine meds may have set off the symptoms so they will be discontinued. It's kind of a trade-off, given that she is not going to live many more months, we'd like that time to be as qualitative as possible. She's recuperating slowly but no ice cream or "birthday at the beach" for Sophie and me this year.

Joys: But I did get to talk to family and the kids, and it was a lovely overcast melancholy New Hampshire day. So, a little cofee ice cream, a splash of bourbon, a chapter of Beastars (up to 139), and a chapter of Aravind Adiga before slumber. T'was a nice occasion.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:56 pm Sorrows:
Began my birthday at the vets this morning. Sophie's afflictions returned suddenly yesterday afternoon and we decided to get her in early. They hydrated her and gave her some routine medicines that eventually help her come around. Because of Covid, only one owner is allowed in with a pet so the missus went in while I waited outside. (Sophie loves me but she adores her "mom".) We suspected some of her routine meds may have set off the symptoms so they will be discontinued. It's kind of a trade-off, given that she is not going to live many more months, we'd like that time to be as qualitative as possible. She's recuperating slowly but no ice cream or "birthday at the beach" for Sophie and me this year.

Joys: But I did get to talk to family and the kids, and it was a lovely overcast melancholy New Hampshire day. So, a little cofee ice cream, a splash of bourbon, a chapter of Beastars (up to 139), and a chapter of Aravind Adiga before slumber. T'was a nice occasion.
Sorry to hear Sophie is under the weather, hope she's feeling better and you both get back to the beach soon, Coffee Ice cream is the best flavour, you are making me hungry, often have that when we visit the seaside. Looked up Aravind Adiga, he sounds an intriguing Author.

Ah Melon, was one of my favourite characters, I liked the whole conflict with him being both predator and prey, neither one nor the other, a Cervid with Bite! His mother was also a fascinating but deeply flawed individual as well.

Daunted
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: It was a massive hassle and too much of a big production which got on my nerves to take one of my cats for her rabies shot. She was supposed to go with 3 yesterday but she figured out what was happening and went downstairs and hid in the basement rafters. So I caught her today and decided to go to a rabies clinic they were holding today. The whole experience was GRATING.

First of all, I misjudged the distance of the town and it was an over 40 minute drive. Next she would not stop yowling all the way there. It sounded like someone was KILLING her. When we get back home which was a few minutes ago, she had urinated all over herself so I had to give her a bath. In cold water since we don't have a furnace at this point. I'm surprised she didn't tear my arms to shreds.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Felines is funny folks ... Andy adored his vet tech. She could have dropped him in a tree grinder and he'd still be putting and lovey. Sorry you had such an ordeal, dayzzz.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

1. I can not stop thinking about dead celebrities for some reason like it's a curse or something, this ocd keeps kicking me in my head so I can give up and go there but I really try to resist not to do that for the sake of my sanity

2. I can't find anything in Japanese easy to learn, I tried searching in the internet but didn't find a site I could enjoy learning at.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Worry: I have a doctor's appointment with my general physician tomorrow that is a 3-week followup and I really am HOPING its good news and my cholesterol is down.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:58 pm Worry: I have a doctor's appointment with my general physician tomorrow that is a 3-week followup and I really am HOPING its good news and my cholesterol is down.
Very good visit to yer, Dayzzz.
Last edited by NHWestoN on Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

She raised my cholesterol medication so I am hoping that it has done something. Considering last year my uncle died of a heart attack. Not a normal heart attack either. A WIDOW MAKER. :?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:20 pm She raised my cholesterol medication so I am hoping that it has done something. Considering last year my uncle died of a heart attack. Not a normal heart attack either. A WIDOW MAKER. :?
The key thing is, folks, get regular medical checkups not matter how healthy you think you are. A chance anomaly during a tread mill test led to other checks and the discovery of asymptomatic major arterial blockages back in 2006. In response to these blockage, my heart had literally woven webs of capillaries to divert the blood flows. As the cardiologist explained, "You coudl have gone on for decades like this because it works - or one day, with no warning, been flattened by a WIDOW MAKER."Nothing says hidden medical condition like sudden death.

I chose to have the triple by-pass. And, being real nice folks - and since they had everything in my chest cavity scattered all over the operating room anyways - they threw in a four by-pass for free.

Moral: TAKE YOUR MEDS, MATES!

Ans best wishes, Dayzee, as always.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I did get checked up at my appointment and the doctor did take some bloodwork but as for a physical all she did was just listen to my heart and my lungs and she didn't say anything about that. So I just assumed it meant I was fine for now.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sophie's afternoon walk occured as the school bus let the children out. They were all delighted to see her (she's been missing from her neighborhood rounds for months) and she got heavily fussed over. Sophie even wagged her tail for a while - which, being rather shy and diffident, she usually doesn't do for the children.

Allison, who is in the first grade, hung back a little until the others left. She adores Sophie and, I know, she misses her "little fox dog". Her mother used to say she would watch for Sophie in the morning and dash up from breakfast to go outside to talk to her (sometimes still in her jammies). But Allison is a big schoolgirl now.

"Can I hug her?" (She NEVER asked permission before).

"Yes, but be gentle, Sophie is shy, remember."

"She's very sick, isn't she?"

"Yes, but she's here and she would like a small hug, if you want to give her one."

So Alison hugs Sophie, then stands up and says quietly to the dog, "Okay. I love you. Bye-bye." And dashes off as small children will do.

I guess Sophie and i will be channeling Mindy and Buttons for a while. :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Annoyance: Our furnace is broken so we don't have any hot water to take showers with so we are stuck with freezing cold showers which aren't pleasant. Oh, and the soonest that we will be able to get a new one is October 14th. That's really lovely. :roll:
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:16 pm Sophie's afternoon walk occured as the school bus let the children out. They were all delighted to see her (she's been missing from her neighborhood rounds for months) and she got heavily fussed over. Sophie even wagged her tail for a while - which, being rather shy and diffident, she usually doesn't do for the children.

Allison, who is in the first grade, hung back a little until the others left. She adores Sophie and, I know, she misses her "little fox dog". Her mother used to say she would watch for Sophie in the morning and dash up from breakfast to go outside to talk to her (sometimes still in her jammies). But Allison is a big schoolgirl now.

"Can I hug her?" (She NEVER asked permission before).

"Yes, but be gentle, Sophie is shy, remember."

"She's very sick, isn't she?"

"Yes, but she's here and she would like a small hug, if you want to give her one."

So Alison hugs Sophie, then stands up and says quietly to the dog, "Okay. I love you. Bye-bye." And dashes off as small children will do.

I guess Sophie and i will be channeling Mindy and Buttons for a while. :)
Ah, I remember that cartoon now, used to like Animaniacs when it was on, especially Pinky and the Brain and Good idea, Bad idea. Aunt Slappy was funny as well as I recall. Good to hear Sophie is getting out and about again, heart warming.
gforce

Post by gforce »

Sorrow: Favorite Formula 1 driver screwed up the last 3 laps of the Russian Grand Prix when rain came rolling in.

So Formula 1 has two types of tires; one for clear weather with no water on the race track, and the other for when it’s raining. They’re referred to as drys and wets respectively. The drys will absolutely NOT drive on a wet track, and if you’ve got them on your car during a downpour like there was in Russia last Sunday

Lando Norris is leading the race on lap 43, when out of the blue someone behind him says that there’s rain coming, so a bunch of cars decide to pit. Lando, however, says to his team that the tires on his car feel fine and he’s going to finish the race on them, seeing how it doesn’t seem as though it’s going to rain any harder than a light shower.

It rained harder.

Not 5 minutes later the rain turns into a downpour, and Lando’s tires are completely useless now because they’re dry tires, meant for dry weather, and he’s the only car on the race track with them on. Literally everyone else pitted for wets in the laps prior.

He spins out because the dry tires he has can’t get any grip on the track, which gives the lead to Lewis Hamilton, who goes on to win the race and become the first F1 driver to win 100 races. Lando ends up seventh.

TL;DR- Lando robbed himself of his first victory because he wouldn’t change to a different type of tire to finish the race on.
That sounded better in my head