Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sleet wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:44 pm Joy: I'm a doctor now!

Sorrow: Going through residency is going to be a lot of work for three years. :O
So, which city are you to be operating (pun not intended) in?

So I can, y'know, know where not to get ill?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: For some reason even though I slept through the night I ended up waking up completely drained and had to take a nap and now I still feel a little bit drowsy.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Well done Dr Sleet :D
Disproportionately Dappled
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: It is my late grandmother's birthday today and she died when she was not even that old and it feels like a waste. A lot of things would have been different had she made it out of the hospital.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:14 pm Sorrow: It is my late grandmother's birthday today and she died when she was not even that old and it feels like a waste. A lot of things would have been different had she made it out of the hospital.
My Great Grandma died when I was seven. I actually share a room with my maternal grandma. My heart goes out to you, Dayzee. :oops: :cry:

*gives a cyber-hug*
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:14 pm Sorrow: It is my late grandmother's birthday today and she died when she was not even that old and it feels like a waste. A lot of things would have been different had she made it out of the hospital.
Comfort and condolences, Amazz. Not all anniversaries are happy one. :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I actually went to the beach today for the first time this season!

Sorrow: Unfortunately I couldn't enjoy it because for some reason it was way too cold there. How the heck can a beach be cold? I know that they have a lot of breezes but I had to huddle under a towel.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

I feel like the most annoying person in the world right now, everytime I talk to somebody I tell them about my schizophrenia and OCD, like this story: I feel like I skipped looking at the image and my brain tempts me to search it again just to see this photo but I know I have a pattern for searching those things up, I search Conrad Bain and then goes to Bonar Bain, I scrolled down to see his grave and one of the actors who plays in his film
I tried to look at different images but still I have this photo in my mind
even though I searched that photo billion times
I think I skipped the image and now it haunts my mind and eyes, I try not to think about it but it is so strong I can't ignore it
now my brain thinks everything in this world is this picture

people are now scared of my negativity and I don't know what to do anymore, this isn't myself that I used to know, what happened to me, why I became monster to people... I must take actions before anyone would just stop listening to me and run away from me like I'm sort of a monster...
Harry Johnathan

:cry: I know how that feels, Oded. :oops:
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know how it also feels to obsess over some things. Its hard to break away from even if you are on medication.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I get to the hospital where my mom was taken the other day, and got hit with terrible news from my dad. My mom’s condition got worse. The doctors told him that her kidneys are showing signs of failing, and her jaundice levels aren’t going down anymore. Likely due to painkillers, my mom has a hard time being aware of her surroundings.
Apparently the rest of her vitals, blood pressure, oxygen, temperature, heart rate, are all still perfectly normal.

She’s apparently going to be transferred to a different hospital tomorrow.

Please continue to keep her in your prayers.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Prayers with you and your mother, D-Rock :(
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Prayers with you all, D-Rock. Take care of yourself.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

This is very sad to know, hold on and I wish the better for her.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: We got a new kitten! Her name is Luna.
Harry Johnathan

D-Rock wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:54 pm I get to the hospital where my mom was taken the other day, and got hit with terrible news from my dad. My mom’s condition got worse. The doctors told him that her kidneys are showing signs of failing, and her jaundice levels aren’t going down anymore. Likely due to painkillers, my mom has a hard time being aware of her surroundings.
Apparently the rest of her vitals, blood pressure, oxygen, temperature, heart rate, are all still perfectly normal.

I prayed.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Keeping your mom in my thoughts, D-Rock.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Will definitely be thinking about her and wishing for good things to happen. My grandfather died of kidney failure.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Thinking of you, your Mum and your family, D-Rock
Daunted
Harry Johnathan

My Uncle died of heart failure. :cry:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

<hugs> Sorry to hear that, Rydr.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

D-Rock wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:54 pm I get to the hospital where my mom was taken the other day, and got hit with terrible news from my dad. My mom’s condition got worse. The doctors told him that her kidneys are showing signs of failing, and her jaundice levels aren’t going down anymore. Likely due to painkillers, my mom has a hard time being aware of her surroundings.

So very sorry for your anguish, D-Rock. I pray they turn this around quickly; your mom is so galling and strong.......
(as are you.)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:49 am My Uncle died of heart failure. :cry:
I'm sorry to hear of your loss Rydr,

Daunted
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: The new kitten we have named Luna is really thriving!

Sorrow: She's so hyper she doesn't want to spend time with me and snuggle. :(
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:49 am My Uncle died of heart failure. :cry:
I'm saddened to hear that, Rydr. Sincerest sympathies.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

My condolences, Rydr.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

oh, no. :(

*hugs Rydr*
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Condolences, Rydyr.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Sorry for the loss, condolences.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really sorry for your loss Ryder. Last August my uncle died from a widow maker heart attack. I will keep you in my thoughts.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:54 pm Really sorry for your loss Ryder. Last August my uncle died from a widow maker heart attack. I will keep you in my thoughts.
I needed a quadruple bypass to save me from that fate, Amazz. I was blessed that they discovered the situation after some routine checks - get your check ups, youngsters!!!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have to be INCREDIBLY vigilant and pay attention to that as high cholesterol runs in our family. Heck, I am already on cholesterol medication.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

Sorrow: I guess I have to live this curse of OCD called: "searching Night Trap and Diff'rent Strokes" things for the rest of my life
Harry Johnathan

Sucks, man.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: I've been doing well overall these past few months. I got my AAS degree for GIS and am putting some work in here and there on job searching as well as revising my resumé.

Sorrows: Today I had a bunch of back pain that was messing me up for a long while. I'm feeling much better now, though. Hopefully I can get some good rest tonight and my back feels 100% better tomorrow.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Guess an update is in order.

Firstly, her kidneys were stabilized. Seems the perceived failing was due to her urine coming out dark, signaling that her blood wasn't being filtered properly. That would also explain the confusion, as toxins that aren't removed will eventually cause that, I believe they said it was an ammonia buildup, specifically.

A duct responsible for filtering through the liver was squeezed shut due to the tumor that is there. The first attempt to install a billary tube into the liver to allow it to drain failed due to the fact that my mom is a more heavy woman. Thankfully, the surgeons were able to find another hospital that was better equipped for the procedure, and today they successfully performed the operation.

Apparently a great deal of fluid was able to be removed, which also relieved pressure on the lungs. She had been having a hard time breathing before this started. Hopefully now this means that the cause of her confusion will clear in the coming days, as there is still quite the path to recovery, but it seems that the root is now better handled.

This ordeal has been horrid on all of us, but maybe she's now on the path to recovery. Even my dad has been in turmoil from the stress, despite trying to be the foundation for the rest of us. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
Harry Johnathan

I feel terrible for you, Rocky. I went through the same horrors a while back with my grandpa, and uncle. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, man.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My sister has come in from North Carolina for a little bit!

Sorrow: She isn't interested in seeing us at all, is only up here for a friends birthday and couldn't be bothered to come for our mother's birthday and the only reason why we know is that she wants to borrow my mother's car. So yeah. :roll:
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Glad to hear they managed to resolve the cause of those problems D-Rock, keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Joy, saw a baby stoat on a drive through a local village.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Sorrows: My bathroom has been having leaking/piping issues that caused damage to the cabinets under the sink. We were supposed to have contractors renovate my bathroom to replace the sink and cabinets a week ago, but nothing has happened yet. Apparently the insurance adjusters haven’t gotten info over to the contractors so they can go and get the work done. My bedroom is also the room adjacent to my bathroom, so they’re going to be replacing the floor in here too. Insurance is supposed to be covering all of it, so that’s no worry.

The issue is the time it’s taking for the insurance people to get everything over to the contractors. It’s a massive pain because I’d like to be searching for a job, but I don’t want to risk having a job interview one day when my bathroom is inaccessible, or I can’t get a good night’s sleep because I have to sleep in a different room and can’t get comfy.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.