Title Text: what did you think we meant

baking is baking and also a really great hobby

and also I bet y'all thought you'd seen the last of me, hahahahahahahaha

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
GameCobra

Re: 2021/04/28 - Heavens Kitchen

Post by GameCobra »

I just can't believe it's happening.

Max is baking cookies with a dragon ball apron on and Grape is joining in - I mean what is this comic coming to? <3 <3 <3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Max be rocking that apron, tho.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Now, who would be my favorite celebity judges? Mmmmm
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Gbr23 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:26 am Now, who would be my favorite celebity judges? Mmmmm
If you're having a baking contest, how about Mrs. Fields, Otis Spunkmeyer, Duncan Hines and... uh... Mrs. Toll House?
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Now, Diss, why would we WANT to see the last of you? We LIKE you!

I have no clue what he just said
but the competition’s having fun.
By the time he gets back to Earth
he’ll be putting Breel on the run.
Grape is dough in his floury paws;
she can’t resist his tricksy ways.
Now, just add Peanut and Tarot
to help as the MasterChef plays?
In Heaven you be what you want,
and means you CAN beat Sasha.
Because, up here, the clock is off
and you’re under zero pressure.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

An awesome baking contest AND a DBZA reference? This strip is as close to perfection as we can get.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Might be back in Heaven but I'd forgotten what a handsome devil our Maxwell is.
Maybe Sasha, Rex, and Mrs. MacG will guest with him.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Gbr23 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:26 am Now, who would be my favorite celebity judges? Mmmmm
Mine would probably be Martin Yan. Always enjoyed watching his show.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

As a fairly decent cook who doesn't really do it enough, my respect to Max.
If I were there I'd join right in XD
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

So... I'm assuming everyone's quiches end up burning while they're busy taking way too long to do the Shrine of the Silver Monkey.

But hey, nobody laughs at them at least.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Eheh, nice to see what our pets are doing in Heaven, in the meanwhile. :) That's good of Maxwell, didn't know he had a such hobby, but maybe he's also taking advantage of the good manners the judges have there. :P And so, now Grape wants to give it a try, too. :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Cesco wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:09 pm Eheh, nice to see what our pets are doing in Heaven, in the meanwhile. :) That's good of Maxwell, didn't know he had a such hobby, but maybe he's also taking advantage of the good manners the judges have there. :P And so, now Grape wants to give it a try, too. :D
Maybe Jeeves introduced Max to the culinary arts while he was under the butler's care - `course, butlers don't usually cook so mebbee not.
Frank

Post by Frank »

trekkie wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:50 am I’m now want to see Breel, Rex, and Maxwell baking together. NegaBreel seems repulsed, whether it’s due to Keene and Breel’s love for the each other or something else, remains to be seen. Panel two is sweet and cute.
The Rick has heard you
Dissension wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:17 am and also I bet y'all thought you'd seen the last of me, hahahahahahahaha
Aww, I was wondering where you'd gone! We missed you!
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So I take it that this show is gonna be the contrast of Hell’s Kitchen where instead of an angry British chef screaming expletives in your face if you end up messing up a dish, you have a matronly grandmother-type gently chastising you and showing you how to do it correctly then? ;)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Ramsay is Scottish-born.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I love this strip especially Maxwell’s grin in the fourth panel. Max seems to have the stirring down, and he has a nice stand mixer there. I have to say that sounds like an awesome class, and don’t knock cooking, Grape, having a boy/girlfriend who can cook can by quite handy.

NHWestoN wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:17 pm
Cesco wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:09 pm Eheh, nice to see what our pets are doing in Heaven, in the meanwhile. :) That's good of Maxwell, didn't know he had a such hobby, but maybe he's also taking advantage of the good manners the judges have there. :P And so, now Grape wants to give it a try, too. :D
Maybe Jeeves introduced Max to the culinary arts while he was under the butler's care - `course, butlers don't usually cook so mebbee not.
I think Jeeves is a jack of all trades with the ferrets, they might have a cook, but Jeeves seems pretty unflappable when dealing with their hijinks, so I think he does prepare some meals. I’m thinking Rex is taking the class as well, a cooking class seems like it would be right up the bulldog’s alley. Maybe Sasha’s there too. It would be interesting to know if she and Max have ever baked together, Sasha was Bino’s girlfriend, so they could’ve hung out if Bino ditched her or something. It’s cool that he seems to have gotten Grape interested, and Maxwell’s apron is awesome.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

Are those aprons a DBZ Abridged reference?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Actually, trek, I thought up a little story where Sasha taught Maxwell how to play the piano. She's over visiting Bino who, being the jerk that we love, is totally ignoring her. So, bored and lonely, she starts playing chopsticks on the piano. Maxwell, being the tease that he is, siddles up besides her and, without speaking starts imitating her note for note. Instead of becoming irritated, Sasha decides this strange kitty is playing a game with her and she starts playing more complicated pieces. Being the gentle Sasha she is, however, she plays them slowly so Max can keep up. They never talk to each other, just do keyboards. The music ratchets up steadily until, to his delight and amazement, Maxwell finds himself joining Sasha in beating the borsch out of Tchaikovsky's First Piano Concerto!

Bino comes charging back into the room, sees what's going on, and shouts "What's that Racket??!"

To which Sasha replies, "It's Tchaikovsky! I don't know any Rak maninov!" Max thinks her reply is absolutely hilarious and falls off the piano, convulsed with laughter ... which enrages Bino further.

"Just back off my girl, kitty cat."

Sasha suddenly gets thoughtful. "Gosh, I haven't played any Bach in a long time ...." Then she brightens up, "wanna hear Gershwin ... or Brahms ... maybe Monet, no, wait, he's a painter." Max is struggling to breathe while Bino storms out in a huff.

Sasha waits until Max pulls himself together and climbs back on the bench. "Sasha," he says softly, "that was amazing. I didn't know you could play piano so well. Could you teach me?"

"Sure, we'll do some more Russians," she answered confidently. "Here's a piece that should natural for you, kitty."

"Really? Who wrote it?"

Smiling broadly in her flirty Sasha fashion, she said slyly, "Who else ... Kat-chadurian!" :lol: :twisted: :roll:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

NHWestoN wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:16 pm Actually, trek, I thought up a little story where Sasha taught Maxwell how to play the piano. She's over visiting Bino who, being the jerk that we love, is totally ignoring her. So, bored and lonely, she starts playing chopsticks on the piano. Maxwell, being the tease that he is, siddles up besides her and, without speaking starts imitating her note for note. Instead of becoming irritated, Sasha decides this strange kitty is playing a game with her and she starts playing more complicated pieces. Being the gentle Sasha she is, however, she plays them slowly so Max can keep up. They never talk to each other, just do keyboards. The music ratchets up steadily until, to his delight and amazement, Maxwell finds himself joining Sasha in beating the borsch out of Tchaikovsky's First Piano Concerto!

Bino comes charging back into the room, sees what's going on, and shouts "What's that Racket??!"

To which Sasha replies, "It's Tchaikovsky! I don't know any Rak maninov!" Max thinks her reply is absolutely hilarious and falls off the piano, convulsed with laughter ... which enrages Bino further.

"Just back off my girl, kitty cat."

Sasha suddenly gets thoughtful. "Gosh, I haven't played any Bach in a long time ...." Then she brightens up, "wanna hear Gershwin ... or Brahms ... maybe Monet, no, wait, he's a painter." Max is struggling to breathe while Bino storms out in a huff.

Sasha waits until Max pulls himself together and climbs back on the bench. "Sasha," he says softly, "that was amazing. I didn't know you could play piano so well. Could you teach me?"

"Sure, we'll do some more Russians," she answered confidently. "Here's a piece that should natural for you, kitty."

"Really? Who wrote it?"

Smiling broadly in her flirty Sasha fashion, she said slyly, "Who else ... Kat-chadurian!" :lol: :twisted: :roll:
Love it. I honestly could see these two conversing, because I think that to an extent they both care about Bino, but Bino is such a jerk that he frustrates them and makes it rather fun to playfully torment him.
Iceheart wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:05 pm Are those aprons a DBZ Abridged reference?
They might be, I think I saw some speculation about that on the Discord channel.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Yamcha was young, he needed the money, and no, it wasn’t worth it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I assume that it is something that he will never live down. That is such a shame. Oh well! :D
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

Nobody wants to diss Diss, we all love him too much.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

ProtoDot wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:00 pm Nobody wants to diss Diss, we all love him too much.
I know I do. Wonder where Maxwell got the apron. Has he taken object summoning lessons from Grape ?

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It looks like that he reached down and pulled one up so there might be aprons under the stations.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I dunno, we never see Max put the bowl down, and in panel three he’s still holding a whisk. You could be right though, it certainly wouldn’t be unheard of for the class to provide aprons for the students. It doesn’t really matter much to me, I am just glad to see Grape and Max taking a cooking class together . Maybe Max can provide the desserts for the next Imaginate.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He could have put the bowl down on the table and continued to whisk while giving Grape an apron. The third panel the bowl goes out of view.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

No don't leave us Diss!
--

Sounds like cooking in Heaven is loads of fun,
Iron Chef gauntlet when the competition's done,
And nobody laughs when you make a fool
Of yourself- seems like a good rule.

Hearing that, Grape wants in,
She thinks, for sure she'll win,
So give her an apron,
Hey Max, it's on!
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looking at the next strip, I'm not sure that we actually know who won or if it is just Bahamut for getting to eat food. XD
tych

Post by tych »

D-Rock wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:39 pm Yamcha was young, he needed the money, and no, it wasn’t worth it.
He did win at life in the end and now owns a restaurant chain though Vegeta does destroy the all-you-can-eat buffet once a week.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Feel sorry for Yamcha that they ended up throwing him under the bus because he wasn't a Super Saiyan and made him a running joke. That was when DBZ became all about the Saiyans. Anybody who WASN'T a Saiyan or an evil monster got pushed to the side.