2021/02/19 - What Demon Is Evolving

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Amazee Dayzee

Re: 2021/02/19 - What Demon Is Evolving

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looks like Eudoant does have some genre-savvy knowledge to help him since he knows that he is in a comic and the audience is reading it and starting to get restless. I like this side of Eudoant FAR more than I should. LOL
Last edited by Amazee Dayzee on Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Well, he is a demigod.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

Cesco wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:02 pm OMG! What!? :shock: How can it be? So, this means that little black demon is a sort of dark and bad form of Breel? His missing part? :? The coin has heavenly energies, and they gave him this transformation... :roll: Another bad opportunity you gave to Eudoant, due to your cursed coin, Steward. :| I would wonder the same too, though: how does this work? :P
I'm starting to think nobody would've had this complaint if Steward had just kept his mouth shut.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

So Breel and Tarot both might be "compromised"? .... eeegh!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is a big IF when it comes to Tarot since there is no proof that Eudoant is actually the nega-version of her. Right now people are just guessing. Which means that this can actually go in the "Wild Mass Guessing" topic. :lol:
Argent

Post by Argent »

NHWestoN wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:39 am
MrBlueSky7 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:22 am If he really is Breel's Bad half, I can see the two merging down the line. It's gonna get to the point where one can't live or function well without the other...
Am I getting a Dark Crystal vibe out of this drift or is just old age and old coffee kicking in?
I'm hoping Rick subverts the trope. Like, Breel isn't a spirit any more, he's a live animal, so Negabreel can't merge with him.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Speaking of tropes, the whole "good vs evil" trope has been done to death...I wanna see a whole new take on the whole "light side/dark side" thing...like, everyone has a dark side...it's a part of you...it seems like all your negatives but it can have some positives...like ambition...the drive to always become something better than you are, never accepting to stay where you are...something along those lines.
Cody

Post by Cody »

The Blue Fox wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:06 am Speaking of tropes, the whole "good vs evil" trope has been done to death...I wanna see a whole new take on the whole "light side/dark side" thing...like, everyone has a dark side...it's a part of you...it seems like all your negatives but it can have some positives...like ambition...the drive to always become something better than you are, never accepting to stay where you are...something along those lines.
Ooo, I like the thought of that. On the same note, all your positives could have negatives too, such as complacency which hinders you from improving yourself since you are content with your current status. Sort of the opposite of what you described with ambition.
I'm caught in a life and I can't get out
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Another example would be being a little bit selfish. You think that it can be negative since you only think about yourself but it can also be positive because everybody needs to think of themselves sometimes.
Frank

Post by Frank »

MrBlueSky7 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:22 am If he really is Breel's Bad half, I can see the two merging down the line. It's gonna get to the point where one can't live or function well without the other...
I'd ask why haven't they merged already? When Breel was reincarnated, shouldn't all the parts of his soul have been too?

...or is this how souls "reproduce asexually"? (or am I taking the "timeless" thing a bit too far?)
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Argent wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:29 am
NHWestoN wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:39 am
Am I getting a Dark Crystal vibe out of this drift or is just old age and old coffee kicking in?
I'm hoping Rick subverts the trope. Like, Breel isn't a spirit any more, he's a live animal, so Negabreel can't merge with him.
A "merge" might emerge if we allow for a sort of "demonic possession" or a "reclamation" (Negabreel taking over mortal Breel as a part of reclaiming an entity he once belonged to). The 5 Feb 2021 strip, "Sufficient Precautions" also suggests some kind of possession may be taking place with Tarot (Note the white-diamond eyes in blackened sockets depicted in panel two) and might be transferable (as in Marion's ocular changes in panel three).

But I'm probably dashing ahead of the narrative and in the wrong direction ... as I'm wont to do. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think that was a possession in that strip or that Tarot and Marion are possessed its just common expressions that characters have to convey emotion better.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Yup, just exaggerated expressions, more common than you think. King and Peanut have done so at least once.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Dissension wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:28 amNeel...
That's ......................Genius! Does that make the other one Peel ?
Disproportionately Dappled
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm thinking that the only two will be Neel and Breel but don't quote me on that.
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

That does make me wonder how possession would be portrayed in the comic. During the game arc, whenever a demi-god took control of a person, their eyes changed color, but eye color isn't being drawn anymore. Though, if anyone just suddenly has green pupils, be afraid.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Me: Having a good day, minding my own bussiness, waiting for the update to the comic.

11:00 comes.

Reads the update.

Sees Scary Tarot.

Grabs my Bible and a crucifix.

"THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!!!!"
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Welsh Halfwit

RA

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I think Richmond Acres needs you, bud.

And Chip keeps trying to claim this is a normal day(!)

EDIT. Nertz. Was supposed to be a PM. Ah, well, never mind...
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If this is normal for him he may need to move somewhere else.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Is that a third-wall break or a fourth?
And the demon did introduce itself as Breel... huh, I'd forgotten that.
--

Some parts go to heaven, others to heck,
How corrupt is the second, better to check
Before it becomes twisted and comes back to get you,
Before there was one Breel, now we have two,

And this one, it bends the power of heaven holy,
Making itself a twisted soul-y,
And plays like a Pokemon, evolving,
Sending heads all revolving.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

you know i would have expected at least one post pointing out that he has the exact same color scheme as the demonic shadows from the fan game.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Not quite. The shadows are all a dark purple palette. NegaBreel is pale purple, apparently he’s just Breels palette inverted.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

well the first few shadow sprites were based on inverting the tarot sprite's color scheme... so, still, similar.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Oh. That’s pretty cool, didn’t know that!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looks like Rick is following along with the fan game and probably is intrigued by it and where it could go also!