2021/01/29 - Punching Bag

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2021/01/29 - Punching Bag

Post by D-Rock »

[2021/01/29 - Punching Bag]
Title Text: humans use this all the time right

Kitsune is a firm believer in therapeutic methods.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Harry Johnathan

Re: 2021/01/29 - Punching Bag

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Ok, my opinion of Kitsune as a person has gone up slightly.

Still doesn't excuse the whole "letting demons attack Earth because I was too busy playing D&D with Joey's creepy friends" or "turning my best-friends into babies and making my girlfriend take care of them" thing.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Kitsune must have been the inspiration for the old Times ads: He take a likin and keeps on ticking.

Also... why does Kix have a fox sized mace and gauntlets?
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

dr_eirik wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:11 am Also... why does Kix have a fox sized mace and gauntlets?
It was their anniversary present. Kit had to pull a whole load of strings to justify giving enchanted weapons of Heavenly warfare to a mortal, though.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
VoidGaming404

Post by VoidGaming404 »

interesting relationship they have there xD I will refrain from making my not so PG13 joke...

on the other hand, while I get it's not the case, I also can't help but hope GK isn't putting himself in an abusive relationship. After all, I'm sure demigods could be put in that kind of situation
Life is like a rollercoaster, sure there's ups and downs, but you may find that it can throw you for a loop!

~VoidGaming404

Christmas Avatar was made by Jolty-Kun

Original Avatar was made by Buster
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

So yeah... why did you had a Mace kix? Like... how?
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Kinky? Or would that be "Kix-ky"? Or maybe just "OW!". Wonder if it's worse if she "takes the gloves off"?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok this is really cute and it does make me really respect Kitsune a heck of a lot more. Good on him.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

What a wonderful guy Kit is,
using godliness to a good expression.
Letting Kix work her issues out
is almost as good as confession.
I see why Lois wants Todd wounded,
maybe he’ll drop the attitude?
However ‘tough’ he wants to look,
he’s really coming over as crude.
Kix is getting brighter here,
showing she can be a fun mom.
Just one thing I wonder about.
Where did she get the weapons from​?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Frank

Post by Frank »

wwwwait, does this mean... how long was he courting her before The Game's sudden end?!?
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Argent

Post by Argent »

As someone brought up over on Reddit, Todd is totally channeling Bino.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

I feel bad for Kitsune though...
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Well, Kix got one a-mace-ing mace! Wonder if she got the mace from Macy's Mace Sale; Buy One Mace, Get a can of mace free :)

Also, this strip seem to imply that Todd perhaps may temporary (i.e 30 seconds) get some Celestial powers during the arc....hm.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:08 am Ok, my opinion of Kitsune as a person has gone up slightly.

Still doesn't excuse the whole "letting demons attack Earth because I was too busy playing D&D with Joey's creepy friends" or "turning my best-friends into babies and making my girlfriend take care of them" thing.
I agree, except both Dragon and Pete deserve that (they both will benefit from this journey and maybe they will grow up as demigods too). He was being a troll, but it was justified trolling. He literally saved lives of King and Bailey. Obviously he did it for fun, but did he do that ONLY for that reason? I doubt so.
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

I am pretty sure Kitsune isn't actually hurt by any of this. It seems like the cartoony physics, like his face being pancaked on the floor, is something that he is choosing to do with his shape-shifting.

This guy is also friends with Pete, the person who decided to chain himself up for the aesthetic.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

SeanWolf wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:05 am Well, Kix got one a-mace-ing mace! Wonder if she got the mace from Macy's Mace Sale; Buy One Mace, Get a can of mace free :)

Also, this strip seem to imply that Todd perhaps may temporary (i.e 30 seconds) get some Celestial powers during the arc....hm.
Res did that already, didn't he? I noted someone commented that Todd is channeling Bino. As the Bunny used to say "Mmmmmmmmm ... could be."
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

Argent wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:43 am As someone brought up over on Reddit, Todd is totally channeling Bino.
Duchess might disagree. :lol:
Hagus

Post by Hagus »

Bino doesn’t see women as someone he can control or he should be dominate of. With Sasha he seemed desperate to keep her, struggling to get her to stay loyal to her as any relationship should be. Loyalty is important, even for dogs. With Duchess, Duchess picked him up and has him trapped in this extremely unhealthy relationship, where he is definitely not the dominant force, he really isn’t a force at all. Todd is just a whole new case.

Yes I like Bino a lot and I hate when a character acts jerky or mean or does something negative, people immediately go “oh they’re channeling their inner Bino”. What about Pete or Steward or any other villain instead of Bino? :|
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Eh, poor Kitsune, but he's doing it for the love of his Kix and their kits. :P :D Look at there, Todd judging a demigod... :o You both have some point, so, let's leave the things how Great Kitsune decided. ;) Woah, Kix, don't you think to exaggerate now? :lol: Please Great Kitsune, don't accept to be hit with it... :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Nice to see that Kitsune is willing to let his girlfriend beat the crud out of him whenever she gets upset like this because of something with the kits that happened while he was supposed to be watching them. It sounds like that this has happened before according to him. It looks like it doesn’t really faze him that much. However he still finds it deeply unpleasant it looks like.
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

While I'm not an expert on demigod/mortal relationships, I'm pretty sure maces cross a line. I'm just not sure which line, though.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Maybe Jessica could give Kix some scoring pointers.
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

ProtoDot wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:33 pm While I'm not an expert on demigod/mortal relationships, I'm pretty sure maces cross a line. I'm just not sure which line, though.
Could cross the line twice.

*get bricked...or should it be maced?*
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

Interesting that GK felt the need to qualify the statis of his demigodness. I think Kix literally knocked him down a peg or three.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Startrekfan47 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:21 pm Interesting that GK felt the need to qualify the statis of his demigodness. I think Kix literally knocked him down a peg or three.
More like he's telling Todd to 'Shut it'.

I was wondering where she got the weapons from. Then I recalled Karishad lives there from time to time.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Startrekfan47 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:21 pm Interesting that GK felt the need to qualify the statis of his demigodness. I think Kix literally knocked him down a peg or three.
Looks less like being humiliated and more like he’s just tanking it. It doesn’t harm him at all, so why is it worth stopping it?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If it gets the stress that Kix is feeling out of her because she is terrified for her kits regardless if she knows that they were demigods at some point, the Kitsune will gladly do it. Dare I say it? Kitsune might actually LOVE Kix. :D
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:12 am If it gets the stress that Kix is feeling out of her because she is terrified for her kits regardless if she knows that they were demigods at some point, the Kitsune will gladly do it. Dare I say it? Kitsune might actually LOVE Kix. :D
Remember when Kitsune laughed at Dragon for falling in love with Peanut?
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"Love is a many splintered thing."
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

ProtoDot wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:44 am
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:12 am If it gets the stress that Kix is feeling out of her because she is terrified for her kits regardless if she knows that they were demigods at some point, the Kitsune will gladly do it. Dare I say it? Kitsune might actually LOVE Kix. :D
Remember when Kitsune laughed at Dragon for falling in love with Peanut?
He hadn’t discovered what a crush was yet.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I guess I should have realized sooner that if Dragon can have a crush, then so can't Kitsune thought I thought he was above them which is why I never really thought too much about it. Now that I know that I should have expected that.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I was thinking about the tendency for dialog to show up later, and I started to wonder. Is Stewards line "Everyone dead and the forest turned to ash" going to come back when our little party makes it back to Earth? I'm assuming that the forces of heck have had at least a few days of nearly free reign to do damage. There could be a shock coming shortly.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

dr_eirik wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:54 pm I was thinking about the tendency for dialog to show up later, and I started to wonder. Is Stewards line "Everyone dead and the forest turned to ash" going to come back when our little party makes it back to Earth? I'm assuming that the forces of heck have had at least a few days of nearly free reign to do damage. There could be a shock coming shortly.
I dunno if it'd be that apocalyptic as I'm pretty sure even Heck as rules. Right now? I suspect that Steward is trying to find a way to fix this, realizing that Heck On Earth wasn't something he was keen on in his quest to destroy the ECP and Keene, no matter how much hatred burns inside him.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really doubt that all of the people are dead and the world is gonna be a wasteland at that point. Unless Kitsune and Bahamut can undo the damage, I think everybody is at least alive and will probably have their memories wiped of this.
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

I wonder who'll remember much of what's going on this time since last time Fox didn't remember his trip to Heaven but both Keene and King remembered their stays.
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

If remember correctly, Keene didn't remember Spring and Summer. And the first time Fox visited, he mostly spent time with Spring and Summer. With the reveal of Heavendropper, that forgetfulness might not actually be an aspect of Heaven, but a byproduct of Spring and Summer messes with causality.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I just thought that it had to do with the fact that the first time around, Fox was a guest of Joel’s. He wasn’t the one with an explicit invite or (briefly) dead. This time around, all were essentially personally invited, and the fact that Spring and Summer were speaking with Fox even after Heavens Not Enough would help in retaining his memories.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

Never let it be said that GK didn't do the least he could do for someone.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now that we know. Going back to the Earth now being a total anarchic mess and Stewart seeing what he has done, he realized he went too far and tries to help out everybody to get the world back to normal. His storyline ends with a "Redemption Equals Death" as he sacrifices himself to save Marion but he is rewarded by going to Heaven instead of Hell.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Another late poem for all the folks out there! [Bows, listening to clapping and whistling. Lu-nar! Lu-nar!]

Even though GK's still plainly the ace,
He doesn't mind eating mace,
Because he's not as powerful as he once was,
But he'll cope with it for his beloved fuzz.

Getting walked on, Todd, may be lame,
But that's life, that's the game,
And powerless can clear the mind,
Todd- that you'll find.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!