The worst thing that has ever happened to me

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Harry Johnathan

The worst thing that has ever happened to me

Post by Harry Johnathan »

I feel like a massive, entitled jerk for writing this here, but...

You know how I want to be a film director, and bring stories to life? You know how hard it is, to see order filmmakers making works based on stories YOU want to tell, and you're only 14 so you can't do anything about it? I am shaking right now. I am actually crying. The idiots in Hollywood have decided to adapt a story I wanted to film ever since I was ****8+$+*ing ten, that inspired me to become a director instead of an artist in the first place. I learned how to write a script because of this book. I followed every update. I don't blame the author of the filmmakers; they're not omniscient. They had no idea I wanted to do this. I'm just a little kid, did I seriously expect to make this dream a reality? I'm a total loser. This is the worst thing thar has happened to me in a long, LONG time; and I've been in fostercare and was ******! I was never good with losing, and I'm scared that I'll act out. Sorry about my rant, but I needed to vent. You guys are basically my emotional crutch right now. I'm pathetic. I feel awful. Good night.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Re: The worst thing that has ever happened to me

Post by Obbl »

I actually didn't know that you wanted to be a director. I hope you can live that dream some day.
But, yes, that does hurt. It's hard to see doors closing in front of you. I know that hurt, and you are perfectly justified to feel it here. Don't be ashamed of that.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Understanding is where you find it, Rydr, and many members have opened their hearts, hopes, and hurts on this forum before. That's not entitlement. That's vulnerability. Feelings don't have to be justified; they just are. The key thing is to find ways to control and channel the energy they generate.

For one thing, it might give you some reassurance to know that Hollywood is full of big talk and small deeds. That someone proclaims they're going to make a film often ends right there. Something else, Rydr, a lot of movies get made and remade - so ten years from now, fifteen years from now, when you are becoming the director you want to be, YOU can make that story the way you thought it should have been. And plenty of other great stories besides.

Second, if you can, read some biographies of film-makers. They can be practical and inspiring - we all need a little inspiration to fuel our dreams and provide a sense of direction. You have apparently overcome a lot in your life already. So here's another one. You can put it behind you and focus forward. Keep at it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am so sorry that you are going through this pain right now Ryder. Don't ever feel ashamed to vent if you feel like you need to because people here care.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

NHWeston said it better than I ever could. What I can add is that, while sometimes opportunity knocks, other times it feels like it slams the door in your face. I'd wager it's what we do after the path we hoped for has been cut off, once we feel we're ready to pick ourselves back up and keep going, that really defines us as artists and also just as people.

They say life is short... but it's not that short. :) If it turns out you can't make the thing you've spent your whole life wanting to make, maybe that will, eventually, be your reason to go and defy the universe by making something even better.

There is nothing wrong with feeling defeated as long as you don't make it an excuse for giving up.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Thank you all.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know it doesn't feel like it now but things will get better. You just need to try to look on the bright side.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

We're all living in a pressure cooker these days. It's a rough go ... but we'll plow through one day at a time.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:02 am I feel like a massive, entitled jerk for writing this here, but...

You know how I want to be a film director, and bring stories to life? You know how hard it is, to see order filmmakers making works based on stories YOU want to tell, and you're only 14 so you can't do anything about it? I am shaking right now. I am actually crying. The idiots in Hollywood have decided to adapt a story I wanted to film ever since I was ****8+$+*ing ten, that inspired me to become a director instead of an artist in the first place. I learned how to write a script because of this book. I followed every update. I don't blame the author of the filmmakers; they're not omniscient. They had no idea I wanted to do this. I'm just a little kid, did I seriously expect to make this dream a reality? I'm a total loser. This is the worst thing thar has happened to me in a long, LONG time; and I've been in fostercare and was ******! I was never good with losing, and I'm scared that I'll act out. Sorry about my rant, but I needed to vent. You guys are basically my emotional crutch right now. I'm pathetic. I feel awful. Good night.
You can always re-adapt stories if need be. How many times has Spider-Man's origin story been told, for example? :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Good example, Sleet. When the time comes, Rydr, you'll be ready to do it right. Then, assuming they even make it, the version these handbags produce will be remembered only for how bad it was compared to your work.