What Are You Doing Today?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

NHWestoN

Re: What Are You Doing Today?

Post by NHWestoN »

CuriousCnidarian wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:56 pm
CuriousCnidarian wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:21 pm Many school projects. In addition to the 2 finals I had today, there's still a few group projects I have to do largely by myself, since one partner os having health issues and I'm having trouble contacting the other.
Got those, and the accounting final I was worried about, done last night. Mondays, amirite? But with those two classes done, and finishing another final this morning, I've only got one more final left before I graduate. And then come right back for grad school. But for now, and tomorrow, I relax.
Welllllllllllll ... I'm impressed! That's terrific, Cnid. :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just winding down and reading some unread posts on the forum.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Mercifully I have a day off today, so I'm gonna catch up on reading and video games!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Going to the dermatologist. Well, at least I get some time with people types.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Wrapped up a handful of projects -- actuary reports, Excel worksheets, calc assignments.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looking at how many new people in RI got infected with Coronavirus and died from it because I have nothing better to do.
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

Relaxing today. And tomorrow. Finished my last final, so now all that's left for me to do is to walk the stage and receive my diploma.
It is finished.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sittin' back with a Rum and coke and my new copy of Housepets Vol11 that just came in the mail ... boy, do I need this!
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Listening to some helpful subliminals that will help me with various details such as getting the mindset of a billionaire. (Oh trust me, the billionaire one will help me with financing every project both with fanwork development and with everything else not tied to fan works, provided that I work hard to be the billionaire.)
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Watching our outdoor decorations after we turned them on.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Stayed home, tuned out, helped the missus with the cooking, a little tired today.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Zoom conferencing with the three kids' families. Wanna check on how Ruth and her husband are doing with their covid quarantining.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Went with my mother to get her Christmas gift from her friend and to give said friend her Christmas gift and stayed over there for an hour.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Added a temporary desk and chair to my room for studying for my actuarial Exam P in January, until my new desk and chair get delivered this week.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Mail, groceries, and dentist. A bit risky at my age.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Finishing up ripping the 20 year old disgusting rug downstairs in the basement up and getting the bed ready for my sister and her boyfriend when they come after Christmas.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

I need to head out to grab the ham that we're going to have on Christmas day, and probably grab some lunch to go from somewhere after that so I can head straight home. After that, I'm gonna relax with some manga and maybe color a page in this one coloring book that I got ages ago, instead of the usual videogames.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Just read the webcomic Persona Animus by Sankam (thanks for the recommendation) up to where is stopped, a real shame the artist didn't carry on with it I really like the style, almost like a painting crossed with disney style characters and the plot was just starting to get interesting.
Disproportionately Dappled
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Helping my mother continue to get ready for Christmas because there is a lot of stuff that needs to get done.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:25 pm Just read the webcomic Persona Animus by Sankam (thanks for the recommendation) up to where is stopped, a real shame the artist didn't carry on with it I really like the style, almost like a painting crossed with disney style characters and the plot was just starting to get interesting.
Yeah, it's really sad that he didn't carry it forward. He had created an amazing world, fascinating characters with a delightful supporting cast, and (of course) there's that striking marvel of cervid womanhood, Moira. His art sites have many pictures of her and the cast in various activities. One of my favorites - being a Lewis Carroll fan - is a depiction of the Mad Hatter's Tea Party (Moira is the Mad Hatter himself but she appears more poised than deranged). Sankam has a number of challenges and may have painted himself into a narrative corner, but I hope he'll someday return to his art.

I'm delighted you enjoyed his work as I have, DDeer, and as I enjoy yours. :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wrapping Christmas presents is what I was doing today as well as trying to tidy up the house a little bit more.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:37 pm
DDeer wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:25 pm Just read the webcomic Persona Animus by Sankam (thanks for the recommendation) up to where is stopped, a real shame the artist didn't carry on with it I really like the style, almost like a painting crossed with disney style characters and the plot was just starting to get interesting.
Yeah, it's really sad that he didn't carry it forward. He had created an amazing world, fascinating characters with a delightful supporting cast, and (of course) there's that striking marvel of cervid womanhood, Moira. His art sites have many pictures of her and the cast in various activities. One of my favorites - being a Lewis Carroll fan - is a depiction of the Mad Hatter's Tea Party (Moira is the Mad Hatter himself but she appears more poised than deranged). Sankam has a number of challenges and may have painted himself into a narrative corner, but I hope he'll someday return to his art.

I'm delighted you enjoyed his work as I have, DDeer, and as I enjoy yours. :D
Yes, seems like he's been pretty quiet on the art front but I do hope we see more of Moira, you don't see many Whiskey drinking, horse riding deer (mores the pity!). Thanks NHWestoN for the compliment, I really apreciate that.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Working on a short story entitled 'Death's Reaper' while waiting for the Serious Sam Collection on Xbox to install and drinking some Snapple Mango Tea.

(Also, Happy Holidays to everyone here!)
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Catching up on correspondence and family frivolities.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Eating, drinking, being merry and trying to avoid getting my antlers caught in the Christmas tree (as well as playing mini pool) :D have a good one all!
Daunted
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Havin' pie for lunch like a good Vermont Yankee. ;)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Turkey and stuffing here followed by Gateux.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Starting to get some early IRS stuff together for the Fed taxes. ick.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Celebrating New Years eve with my immediate family (those I live with), I know it's a bit early for most of you but I'll probably be unable to get on later so just to wish you all a Happy New year!

Thankyou all for making me feel so welcome on the Forum this year I really appreciate it, nice to have somewhere to show my doodles, very few people know I draw. Here's hoping for a better 2021 for us all.

Daunted
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Helping my mother make cookies for New Year's Day and so we can have some tonight.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Off out for a New Years day stroll with a friend I haven't seen in a long time, frost on the ground so a bit fresh but it will be nice to get out and catch up.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Reading about how Times Square was eerily quiet when the ball dropped because once again stupid Coronavirus can't let us have good things.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Masked up and took Sophie and her two scotties buddies to the beach. It was cold, but we had it much to ourselves. Brody, one of the scottie dogs, loves chasing his tennis ball. Play baffles Sophie - I think her first owners treated her treated her with indifference because of her missing forepaw.
Didn't stay long ... post-Christmas clean-up awaits. HoHoSigh.......
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Was that something Sophie was born with (if o.k. to ask)?
Christmas decks down, tree removed, looks very bare, took the opportunity to clear out some stuff from the attic so feel good about that.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:21 am Was that something Sophie was born with (if o.k. to ask)?
Christmas decks down, tree removed, looks very bare, took the opportunity to clear out some stuff from the attic so feel good about that.
Sure it's okay,DD. Sophie was born without her left forepaw. Her "wrist" (do dogs have wrists?) ends with a footpadding about the size of a US half-dollar. When she walks or runs, she just touches the ground with it, mainly to keep her balance. She's also a bit swaybacked but no signs of imbalance or arthritis yet. You should see her run - I don't know how she does it; it's a miracle of God!

We encountered Sophie at the local animal shelter when we started working there. She'd been there over a year because the staff delighted in her and kept her "off the line". In our county - as in many southern counties and others throughout the USA - space is a premium so, when a dog is brought in, it is held for a week or so, sometimes more. If it is not adopted and another shelter won't take it, either it or a dog already in a holding area will be euthanized for the space. "On the line" is slang for the list of enthanzation candidates - to come "off the line" means that animal is up for execution. Being a Sheltie mix - probably some corgi, pomeranian (big fluffly banner tail), and maybe a little red fox - Sophie's quite endearing and survived on her charm and good looks until we took her home.

She's now eighteen and still pretty healthy. Spent yesterday supervising our de-Christmas labors which we appreciated. If the weather improves, she might get a short forest walk or the beach. Being a Sheltie, Sophie's fairly vocal, sometimes a whiner, but always appreciative. I should be so gracious. ;)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Sophie sounds a great character, always loved sheepdog types, they always seem very intelligent and friendly to me, she's lucky to have found such caring owners after all she went through by the sounds of it. Amazing how animals can adapt, a chap I knew had two completely blind dogs (through age, not by birth), never seemed to bother them.

Daunted
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Today we went to the park to take down the two memorial trees that we had until next year comes around and we can get a tree in the park again and decorate it. We have one for a friend of my mother and my aunt who passed away last year and one for my grandparents and my uncle.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:46 pm Today we went to the park to take down the two memorial trees that we had until next year comes around and we can get a tree in the park again and decorate it. We have one for a friend of my mother and my aunt who passed away last year and one for my grandparents and my uncle.
Is this a public park where they let you plant and remove memorial trees, Amazz. Sounds lovely.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

No. It's a public park but they plant the trees and we go and decorate them close to Christmas every year since 2014 when my grandfather died. The trees stay but we just take the decorations off of them.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wife's birthday today - small festivity, took Sophie to the beach, predictable covid precautions - being geezers, we're vulnerable by definition. But a birthday's still a birthday. A little cake, a little take-out, a little coke and George Dinkle, life's good. :D