Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

DDeer

Re: Art Thread

Post by DDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:19 am Really great work! I take it you couldn't find the tinsel? XD
Thanks both, maybe I should have added more Amazee, must admit hang the ornament on Daunted sounds like a Christmas version of pin the tail on the Donkey :D .
Disproportionately Dappled
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Pretty funny comic, Rydr Warklub. I like the signs in the background. "The Zoo (you belong there)." :lol:

Now we're talking, Ddeer! Though, it must be a literal pain in the neck having all of those things on your head. I'd start asking Gyftrot for some advice! :lol:

Here's a doodle featuring the other of the two sisters. Heidi baked some carrot cookies for Santa, though they may be a little overcooked. In advance, Merry Openermas!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

For anyone wondering where my avatar came from.
Protogen
Protogen
image_2020-12-19_182133.png (130 KiB) Viewed 4595 times
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Wonderful pic, Bat!

That creature looks awesome, Buster! Protogen, right?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Nice work on your picture of Heidi Nicky! It looks really wonderful! Though overcooked is an understatement. I think the word you are looking for is char-broiled honestly.

Get Mirage to dress up in a Santa suit. She'll probably be the only one who can eat them. XD
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Funky avatar Buster. Guess it's the thought that counts for Heidi. Had to look up Undertale, looks an intriguing game, now those are novel Antlers, (if thats the right term). Yep, have to keep the weight distribution even and not make any sudden head movements :D .
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Theives No. 2
Theives No. 2
Untitled2.png (277.1 KiB) Viewed 4557 times
The sequel to my previous work. First time drawing digitally, took me at least an hour to even draw any panels LOL. Not as good as my hand drawn ones.

FUN FACT! The comic I posted originally was meant for my high school newspaper, but it was sadly, never published. :(
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:58 am
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:19 am Really great work! I take it you couldn't find the tinsel? XD
Thanks both, maybe I should have added more Amazee, must admit hang the ornament on Daunted sounds like a Christmas version of pin the tail on the Donkey :D .
Ah, the festive "Wyoming Barbed-Wire Tangle" look... I admire your courage, working with deer antlers. A friend of mine who does comics with a deer character finally decided to use a doe rather than hassle with antler. I often wonder how the Disney artists managed to do them back when they were making Bambi.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:27 pm
DDeer wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:58 am
Ah, the festive "Wyoming Barbed-Wire Tangle" look... I admire your courage, working with deer antlers. A friend of mine who does comics with a deer character finally decided to use a doe rather than hassle with antler. I often wonder how the Disney artists managed to do them back when they were making Bambi.
Thanks, any links to said comic? always intrigued to see how people tackle the challenge of illustrating Cervids. I think the antlers take as much time and effort as the rest of the body (for me anyway!).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

He goes by the moniker SANKAM and you'd probably be best to find him on Furaffinity or (second choice) Deviant Art. Sadly, he hasn't done much for some time. His deer character is doe, a Scot and a mystic with an expertise in discerning spirits, swords and martial arts, and alcohol consumption. Her name is Moira, and she's quite a looker. I grew up around deer and have a quasi-mystical affection for them.

Let me know how your search goes, DDeer.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really great work on the comic Ryder! I'm not sure why the newspaper refused to post the comic in it!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:04 pm He goes by the moniker SANKAM and you'd probably be best to find him on Furaffinity or (second choice) Deviant Art. Sadly, he hasn't done much for some time. His deer character is doe, a Scot and a mystic with an expertise in discerning spirits, swords and martial arts, and alcohol consumption. Her name is Moira, and she's quite a looker. I grew up around deer and have a quasi-mystical affection for them.

Thanks, had a look on FAF, I like the style, he's got the head and neck really well and I like Moiras character (and look :D ), I'm partial to a little single malt myself, funnily enough was sipping some Ardbeg as I read your post. You are lucky growing up around deer, we do have a few here (I even see a few at work on ocassion) but not many. Had a scour but couldn't see any recent work from SANKAM, looks like he's active on twitter but no recent art.

If deer are of interest Firebringer by David Clement-Davies is worth a read (if you haven't read it already), one of the few stories I am aware of with a Stag as the main protragonist.

Daunted
Harry Johnathan

DDeer wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:48 am
NHWestoN wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:04 pm He goes by the moniker SANKAM and you'd probably be best to find him on Furaffinity or (second choice) Deviant Art. Sadly, he hasn't done much for some time. His deer character is doe, a Scot and a mystic with an expertise in discerning spirits, swords and martial arts, and alcohol consumption. Her name is Moira, and she's quite a looker. I grew up around deer and have a quasi-mystical affection for them.

Thanks, had a look on FAF, I like the style, he's got the head and neck really well and I like Moiras character (and look :D ), I'm partial to a little single malt myself, funnily enough was sipping some Ardbeg as I read your post. You are lucky growing up around deer, we do have a few here (I even see a few at work on ocassion) but not many. Had a scour but couldn't see any recent work from SANKAM, looks like he's active on twitter but no recent art.

If deer are of interest Firebringer by David Clement-Davies is worth a read (if you haven't read it already), one of the few stories I am aware of with a Stag as the main protragonist.

Daunted
My dad's teacher back in Oregon lived in a cottage up in the mountains where she kept pet deer, skunks, lizards, a monkey, all kinds of birds, fish, snakes and even an eagle. She was quite the animal lover. I think my dad's more human side came from his visiting her.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Seeing animals and getting to know them always brings out anybody's more sensitive side. ;)
Harry Johnathan

THE HOUSEPETS MOVIE fan poster concept finished
THE HOUSEPETS MOVIE fan poster concept finished
Untitled8_20201222043746.png (542.34 KiB) Viewed 4451 times
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:44 pm Seeing animals and getting to know them always brings out anybody's more sensitive side. ;)
.... and I think that's part of what drew me into Beastars, the character of Louis the Red Deer and his off-beat personality.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Poster concept looking good Rydr

NHWestoN wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:11 am
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:44 pm Seeing animals and getting to know them always brings out anybody's more sensitive side. ;)
.... and I think that's part of what drew me into Beastars, the character of Louis the Red Deer and his off-beat personality.
Louis is an enigma alright, he tries to never show a weakness, tries to act like a predator. I like Legosis ungainliness, really must finish reading the Manga, nearly there. Juno is also an intriguing character, like how she is much more forceful than Legosi.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:40 pm Poster concept looking good Rydr

NHWestoN wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:11 am
Louis is an enigma alright, he tries to never show a weakness, tries to act like a predator. I like Legosis ungainliness, really must finish reading the Manga, nearly there. Juno is also an intriguing character, like how she is much more forceful than Legosi.
I've never been a fan of wolf characters or stories featuring them. That said, I've found both Legosi and Juno quite fascinating. In many ways, Juno is as conflicted as Legosi, if not more. She wants to be an advocate for carnivores and, unlike Legosi, seems much less inhibited about flashing her teeth. At the same time, there really seems to be deep well of compassion in Juno that, despite her resentments and disappointments, comes quickly to the surface at unexpected moments. Pina's another character I've taken a shine to. I'm pretty early in series so I'm sure surprises remain.

But, then, I never liked manga before, either. Why one should always be open-minded, eh? ;)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

True, I got into Manga and anime pretty late by usual standards (and drawing come to think of it). I'll try to avoid mentioning Beastars any spoilers!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Neat poster, Rydr! Reminds me of posters used by what are now “classic” films.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What sort of classic films would those be? I really wanna go and look at some more. Since this one looks and those also very neat.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Wow, what a cast there, Rydr! And given it's a Warner Bros. picture, they had to throw a falling anvil in there. :lol:

As a part-time amateur artist, my heart and respect will always go to Rick Griffin. However, I am also a fan of many other artists out there, such as TwoKinds... I assume that's legal here, right? Anyway, here's a sketch of one of TwoKinds' characters, Raine. I'm debating whether I should finish the background or cut my losses here.
Attachments
Raine_Sketch2_(colored).jpg
Raine_Sketch2_(colored).jpg (80.64 KiB) Viewed 4324 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really great drop on drawing this! I love the way that she looks!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Couldn’t get into Twokinds, but she’s looking great!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Lovely and deadly, a powerful and compelling combination.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am sure she is also very accurate with her bow and will hit what she is shooting dead in the center!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

That looks great! I struggle to follow the plot in twokinds but did like the artwork, like the Wolfy Raine, the drawing of the fur is good in twokinds. I know people criticise it for being too Manga style but that is a plus in my opinion. You've got the hands and the perspective spot on.

Daunted
Harry Johnathan

The Prophet Moses on Mount Sinai
The Prophet Moses on Mount Sinai
Untitled20_20201224000119.png (799.72 KiB) Viewed 4270 times
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

You have a flair for a dramatic composition Rydr.

Attached is my latest draft, the text to go with it will be "Together or apart we have each other at heart" or something similar. Needs colouring and I may rework the face. Anyway, any comments appreciated as always.
Together_small.jpg
Together_small.jpg (106.93 KiB) Viewed 4262 times
Daunted
Harry Johnathan

+++++++
Thanks, D-Deer! I pride myself on the more theatrical aspects of my artwork. :oops:
Lovely drawing there, a great way to show the good side of the internet a lot of people don't realize, I.e communication. What a nice couple! (And what a good looking couch...) I actually like it in B&W, but it would still look great in color no doubt. (Also of note, the face on the computer reminds me a lot of a drawing you shared a while ago... ;))
Harry Johnathan

Among us fan+art
Among us fan+art
Untitled25_20201224004124.png (145.47 KiB) Viewed 4239 times
Thank God I was able to upload this.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I'm impressed - although I should admit "impressing" me is not that much of a challenge.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Very good work, Nicholas and DDeer. :) That's somehow abstract art, Rydr, keep it up. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Splendid artwork DDer and Ryder! They have both came out really wonderful!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Great work, y’all! Managed a quick new piece on my end.
68BD6DCA-1B41-4C07-B8B6-FB0EEB09B2FA.png
68BD6DCA-1B41-4C07-B8B6-FB0EEB09B2FA.png (450.12 KiB) Viewed 4172 times
yes, “Yule cats” are a thing. Nikolai’s comment will make more sense if you look it up.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Looks great D-Rock, also love the background lights, had to look up Yule cats, a new one on me, intriguing, hope they don't like the taste of Venison!

Did a quick doodle yesterday inspired by Welsh Halfwits suggestion I try tying mistletoe to the old antlers. Here's what Mrs Deer saw :D (pretty soppy I know but hey, it's Christmas!).
Mistletoe deer small.jpg
Mistletoe deer small.jpg (105.01 KiB) Viewed 4157 times
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

...and, twenty minutes later, she let him up for air.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

:oops: :D
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Aww, that’s really cute!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

D-Rock wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:16 pm Great work, y’all! Managed a quick new piece on my end.

68BD6DCA-1B41-4C07-B8B6-FB0EEB09B2FA.png
yes, “Yule cats” are a thing. Nikolai’s comment will make more sense if you look it up.
Thanks for this, D ... seasonal and sly! :)