2020/11/20 - Left Behind I

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Ale Donkey

Re: 2020/11/20 - Left Behind I

Post by Ale Donkey »

I can see it now, Marion gets accepted to a college he had never heard of, walks onto campus and all the other "fill-in" students in this parallel universe are Temmies from Undertale. "Colleg!" is written on a sign.
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:09 am
ZAR22 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:29 am
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:21 am

Everyone ELSE has been moved to a 'safe place to let the high and low places to fight it out. Those two are still connected, soul wise, to the high place so they got left behind.
So did marion get accept or not? Why did the phone operator act all nice all of a sudden? Are they divine and got swamped out for a non same dude/dudette?
Marion may think he's been accepted in. But he's in a place where all his dreams come true and the college isn't. From his end he's in. from their end he's a weird little nudist they'd never take on...
I have a question here. Both college people and Marion got transported, yes, but to the different worlds? So they have their own worlds or what?
Also if they do, why don't Kix, Truck, Falstaff and Jessica have their own worlds as well, but are connected to each other?
They are definitely real ones, as Jessica was surprised the coon duo got so much from their "excavation". If this was fake Jess, she would prolly say something to compliment them. Also all of them see that Craig and Draig are missing.
Or maybe... all got transported to the same world, but heaven powers reconnected phone call from Marion to fake college?

Also, another thing... If Truck and Falstaff really got so much things, did they just stole it from real people? Or fake one? Because it's impossible to make everyone in the same world to have their dreams fulfilled, as someone's dreams are someone else's bad luck. Like if You get robbed by two racoons for example, it won't be good for You, right?

Can someone explain me how can all of this exist? Are there different world for each person? Or not? If theya re different, why some of them are connected and some or not?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

It’s all one big pocket dimension where things go great for everyone in their own way. The berries were from bushes Jess thought were already picked clean. The guy Marion was calling could have been from out of the boundaries set by Kitsune. As for Craig and Draig, it’s implied that they’re still in the normal reality.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

D-Rock wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:27 pm It’s all one big pocket dimension where things go great for everyone in their own way. The berries were from bushes Jess thought were already picked clean. The guy Marion was calling could have been from out of the boundaries set by Kitsune. As for Craig and Draig, it’s implied that they’re still in the normal reality.
Oh, I am dumb. I understood that they were from bushes, but assumed they still stolen it. Maybe I was too biased on their past stories 😂
It makes super sense now when I started using my brain... Thanks for helping me with that.
Still, I think Marion don't believe in what they heard. The "uhhh" was implying that they wanted to say "what happened".
Last edited by D-Rock on Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod Edit: Our rules on language applies to acronyms as well.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Were Jack wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:38 pm
D-Rock wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:27 pm It’s all one big pocket dimension where things go great for everyone in their own way. The berries were from bushes Jess thought were already picked clean. The guy Marion was calling could have been from out of the boundaries set by Kitsune. As for Craig and Draig, it’s implied that they’re still in the normal reality.
Oh, I am dumb. I understood that they were from bushes, but assumed they still stolen it. Maybe I was too biased on their past stories 😂
It makes super sense now when I started using my brain... Thanks for helping me with that.
Still, I think Marion don't believe in what they heard. The "uhhh" was implying that they wanted to say "what happened".
Yeah, given the way life's treated him lately, Marion's entitled to be a little skeptical.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But right now I don't think he wants to push it.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

The whole 180 U-turn right after the line outright says they've been disconnected would be suspicious enough on it's own. Any professional college administration secretary isn't going to be saying "Love you! Bye!" when talking to a prospective student.

My Mum was a secretary handling admin at a university, which isn't far off this. Can't imagine she'd have ever talked that way over the phone in that situation.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It probably would have worked if this was a parody movie about going to college then Marion would just roll with it. Though I still say he's going to roll with it anyway.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

VeryAngryDeer wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:26 pm The whole 180 U-turn right after the line outright says they've been disconnected would be suspicious enough on it's own. Any professional college administration secretary isn't going to be saying "Love you! Bye!" when talking to a prospective student.

My Mum was a secretary handling admin at a university, which isn't far off this. Can't imagine she'd have ever talked that way over the phone in that situation.

While I can't at all say you were wrong, I was involved in a matter that required an attorney several years ago. I had received some very upsetting news and called his office to get a message to him. I ended up hanging up after telling his secretary I loved her. I was upset, she understood.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Was this before or after you were divorced as you did mention you were divorced. If it was after, you should have eventually looked her up again. :lol:
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:39 pm Was this before or after you were divorced as you did mention you were divorced. If it was after, you should have eventually looked her up again. :lol:
Oh, this was business related, the divorce came later. Also, I think she was 20 years or more my senior. :D
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looking to possibly resolve any mother issues you didn't know you had then? ;)
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:59 pm Looking to possibly resolve any mother issues you didn't know you had then? ;)
Ove had loads of those, but I've already had therapy. Also, my two emotional support cockatiels.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Here's hoping it worked.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I've gone two full weeks without dressing up in a bear suit to go hide out in the mountains of the Great American Northwest, so I'm good. 8-)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

We had neighbors, a British couple, the gent was a retired episcopal priest and his wife had been a pediatrician. They both referred to children as "Love"; sometimes to adults, too. We lived in England for a while and folks often said "love" to each other and to us - drove my son, seven at the time, crazy because he assumed it implied some kind of "intimacy".

An english colleague of mine at the U got a gentle warning to stop doing that because it could be taken the wrong way. There seem to be more and more "caution" lights these days, some for good reasons. Like wearing a "Bear-suit" in Montana probably carries its share of risks, too.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I definitely wouldn't do it in these times since everybody is all politically correct now.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Yikes, for once I actually feel bad for Craig and Draig...
--
The birdsong's gone, where, who knows?
And as a result, fear clearly shows
On both kits' faces,
Clearly they're not in Eudoant's good graces.

They've been poofed away to somewhere,
Clearly a place that's cold and scary,
Or is it the other way around and they're
In real life? Be wary!
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I kinda of had a big dose of nightmare fuel right now thinking about two young kits stumbling around alone in a world where nobody else is around. :shock: