2020/12/04 - Actually Nevermind

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

Re: 2020/12/04 - Actually Nevermind

Post by D-Rock »

I think they’re mortals because of the halos. We’ve seen them on Rufus, his saber-cat girlfriend, and Breel, all of whom are confirmed mortals. Makes it a safe assumption that Spring and Summer are also mortals. They just changed up how they look, as that’s an option for them now.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:08 pm
ZAR22 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:02 pm Back for a brief moment while I wait for things....

Wait, why was my comment deleted? :?
Do you mean the one just above Argent?
Nope, made another responding to NH, saying the opposite about the winter spring thing, in regards to the spring & winter thing, and I guess SOMEHOW that broke the rule, for having a difference of opinion and for suggesting based on memory what the forum was talking about?
D-Rock wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:04 pm I think they’re mortals because of the halos. We’ve seen them on Rufus, his saber-cat girlfriend, and Breel, all of whom are confirmed mortals. Makes it a safe assumption that Spring and Summer are also mortals. They just changed up how they look, as that’s an option for them now.
Yes, but I offer a third solution to why they have wings:

They were mortals from another world or dimension, died, and became Angels.

OR they are divine "beast" because alot of mythologies, even most abrahamic ones, have them. And given in modern times Angels are seen as either a divine species NOT the result of dead mortals, or are the result of them.

I wonder if SPRING is the born celestial one, and summer is the dead one, BOTH choosing to have halos. However, it seems they have the warm themed unidentical twins character traits I have seen and alot of media, especially general "furry" & media and non humanoid or scaly beings. NOT to be confused with "counter opposite/evil(drastically) contrasting" unidentical twins of a similar but different trope.

But that's just a few other ways they could be explained why spring has wings. Then again, just like when I asked why bahamut does things he does and I got "because he does" and the meta sense is because the author wants it so, I feel the same should be applied here fairly.
Last edited by D-Rock on Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double-posting. Please use the edit button to add more to your post if no one else has added to the conversation.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

There's are rule about having a difference of opinion??
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

NHWestoN wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:12 pm There's are rule about having a difference of opinion??
Huh? I am confused. I think it's a wording think, but I am lost on what's going in here.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

ZAR22 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:26 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:12 pm There's are rule about having a difference of opinion??
Huh? I am confused. I think it's a wording think, but I am lost on what's going in here.
Wuhl, you did say above, responding to Welsh's comment "....and I guess SOMEHOW that broke the rule, for having a difference of opinion..." thus, my puzzlement. It's kinda a no nevermind no how, ZAR, so I wouldn't fret it. ;)
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

NHWestoN wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:46 pm
ZAR22 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:26 pm
Wuhl, you did say above, responding to Welsh's comment "....and I guess SOMEHOW that broke the rule, for having a difference of opinion..." thus, my puzzlement. It's kinda a no nevermind no how, ZAR, so I wouldn't fret it. ;)

I am even more confused to what you mean. And even more lost than I was at the beginning.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

To my knowledge - I am eager to be corrected - this Forum does not have a rule against expressing differences of opinion. Your comment on Welsh's comment above seems to suggest - or suggests to me, at least that you have the impression that such a rule exists.

What you wrote was - quote - "... I guess SOMEHOW that broke the rule,
for having a difference of opinion
and for suggesting based on memory what the form was talking about?" Again, I interpreted that sentence as indicating you believed a rule impeding expressions of "a difference of opinion" exists and that you had somehow broken it and perhaps been penalized for it. My response, somewhat tongue in cheek, was to ask if there was such a rule. I still assume there is not.

"No nevermind no how" is an expression I picked up at Fort Henning, Georgia, during army basic training. It's an idiom that combines "Don't-worry-about-it" with the modern indifferent shrug word, "whatever". If that got you lost, well, it's nothing important. Have a good rainy Saturday night and enjoy. ;)
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

NHWestoN wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:18 pm To my knowledge - I am eager to be corrected - this Forum does not have a rule against expressing differences of opinion. Your comment on Welsh's comment above seems to suggest - or suggests to me, at least that you have the impression that such a rule exists.
No my response was because mine was seemingly deleted for expressing MY difference of opinion and for explain what one of the threads was talking about, if I broke some rule I didn't know about, and guessed it had to do with a difference of opinion to yours early, hence my statement. I would HOPE there isn't a rule against it.
NHWestoN wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:18 pm What you wrote was - quote - "... I guess SOMEHOW that broke the rule,
and for suggesting based on memory what the form was talking about?" Again, I interpreted that sentence as indicating you believed a rule impeding expressions of "a difference of opinion" exists and that you had somehow broken it and perhaps been penalized for it. My response, somewhat tongue in cheek, was to ask if there was such a rule. I still assume there is not.

Ah, I didn't understand. I think I got the idea from some perceived spelling errors. And not understanding the context you were talking about based on wording.
NHWestoN wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:18 pm "No nevermind no how" is an expression I picked up at Fort Henning, Georgia, during army basic training. It's an idiom that combines "Don't-worry-about-it" with the modern indifferent shrug word, "whatever". If that got you lost, well, it's nothing important.
Ok, that last sentence in this quote, tell me if I am understanding this wrong, seems from my point of view a passive-aggressive remark that seems to be saying that if I am not smart enough to figure it out, then "oh well". NOT saying that is 100% the case, but had people use something worded similar like that to blow me off or belittle me for my limited understanding. I HOPE that's not the case there, but then again given my very emotiaonally (and partly physically) rough personal life, I don't have the best experience with people and have not been a very social person because of it, to the point of being standoffish to many except family, where I am simply annoying, a clown, or disliked by my household family that raised me. I had nor have the best social life, thus not the best social skills with other, further impeded by my health related issues.

[quote=NHWestoN post_id=922388 time=1607217532 user_id=6646]
Have a good rainy Saturday night and enjoy. ;)
[/quote]

Well, not rainy here anymore. Happened a few days ago and lead to a accident needing me to seek some medical help which lasted 4 hours. Couldn't breath for awhile until I took some medicine. Luckily I did NOT break a rib like I thought. Now I just cant bend, wheeze, sneeze, laugh, or take deep breaths for awhile, but atleast I can breath and sleep now...

I hope there is no rule against telling my IRL health problems or this incident. Then again I feel like there is and it may get either deleted or this will be edited out.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

FYI, we don’t know why your post got deleted, and there’s nothing in the Moderator Logs that show such an action. Perhaps a posting glitch of some sort?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

D-Rock wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:32 pm FYI, we don’t know why your post got deleted, and there’s nothing in the Moderator Logs that show such an action. Perhaps a posting glitch of some sort?
Huh, didn't think that was possible. Was certain it confied my post.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I guess we will have to wait until we can get more information to make a determination.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

ZAR22 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:27 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:18 pm To my knowledge - I am eager to be corrected - this Forum does not have a rule against expressing differences of opinion. Your comment on Welsh's comment above seems to suggest - or suggests to me, at least that you have the impression that such a rule exists.
No my response was because mine was seemingly deleted for expressing MY difference of opinion and for explain what one of the threads was talking about, if I broke some rule I didn't know about, and guessed it had to do with a difference of opinion to yours early, hence my statement. I would HOPE there isn't a rule against it.
NHWestoN wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:18 pm What you wrote was - quote - "... I guess SOMEHOW that broke the rule,

Ah, I didn't understand. I think I got the idea from some perceived spelling errors. And not understanding the context you were talking about based on wording.
NHWestoN wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:18 pm "No nevermind no how" is an expression I picked up at Fort Henning, Georgia, during army basic training. It's an idiom that combines "Don't-worry-about-it" with the modern indifferent shrug word, "whatever". If that got you lost, well, it's nothing important.
Ok, that last sentence in this quote, tell me if I am understanding this wrong, seems from my point of view a passive-aggressive remark that seems to be saying that if I am not smart enough to figure it out, then "oh well". NOT saying that is 100% the case, but had people use something worded similar like that to blow me off or belittle me for my limited understanding. I HOPE that's not the case there, but then again given my very emotiaonally (and partly physically) rough personal life, I don't have the best experience with people and have not been a very social person because of it, to the point of being standoffish to many except family, where I am simply annoying, a clown, or disliked by my household family that raised me. I had nor have the best social life, thus not the best social skills with other, further impeded by my health related issues.

[quote=NHWestoN post_id=922388 time=1607217532 user_id=6646]
Have a good rainy Saturday night and enjoy. ;)
Well, not rainy here anymore. Happened a few days ago and lead to a accident needing me to seek some medical help which lasted 4 hours. Couldn't breath for awhile until I took some medicine. Luckily I did NOT break a rib like I thought. Now I just cant bend, wheeze, sneeze, laugh, or take deep breaths for awhile, but atleast I can breath and sleep now...

I hope there is no rule against telling my IRL health problems or this incident. Then again I feel like there is and it may get either deleted or this will be edited out.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

Dear ZAR
My remarks intended no offense or belittlement, neither passive, aggressive, or any other form of snide aside. Be well. Warm regards. NHWestoN.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Y’all are really off-track.

To settle the matter, no posts were deleted prior to the question about posts being deleted. If your posts are deleted, we will always message you to explain why.

There is no rule against having a difference of opinion.

You do have to be respectful to each other (including toward staff).

If you feel you are the victim of moderator malfeasance, we have a rules & moderator discussion forum to discuss that in.
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:32 am I guess we will have to wait until we can get more information to make a determination.
No, we already said we didn’t delete it. Don’t do this.

Put the discussion-train back on its correct tracks now, please.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Moving back on topic, so we have seen Spring so now we need to wait for Summer to make an appearance next. You know its coming.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Fox doesn't feel too peachy,
Even though he's now on a beach-y,
That therapy went right down the tubes,
It was a trick for rubes.

No, Fox, they won't smother you,
'Cause they know you're feeling blue,
But hey, there's Spring,
And maybe she can peace to you bring.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Somebody said somewhere that the reason why when Fox brought up reincarnation to the two of them and they stayed silent is because they were alive a LONG time ago and wouldn't know how to be mortals again. So then, how old would they be? O_O
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:21 pm Somebody said somewhere that the reason why when Fox brought up reincarnation to the two of them and they stayed silent is because they were alive a LONG time ago and wouldn't know how to be mortals again. So then, how old would they be? O_O
I think I'm the one that suggested that, though there is no evidence one way or the other in the comic. IIRC. Huskies are amoung the oldest dog species on Earth. So, the idea that they died a very long time ago, even pre-historically, isn't all that implausable. They could easily be a couple thousand of years old.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If they don't know how to be mortal again, they would have to be as Breel was alive in the 19th century and he acclimated to being a mortal well after he got used to his heart beating. 8-)