Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Ash Greytree

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: I had a really great day yesterday. I got some good feedback and info from my Professor during our virtual class meetup, went out and got some delicious tacos to go for lunch, and spent the rest of my day playing games and just relaxing.

Sorrows: I stayed up too late and slept in too late. Now I have a headache. Still worth it though.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I always thought tacos cured headaches. Unless they were bad tacos. Then the distress got transferred to areas below your head.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: We might have to hire a plumber to fix our clogged toilet. My father bought the CHEAPEST toilet paper ever and its not septic safe as it turns out.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Oh, wow. I hope they fix that soon. :(

Sorrow: Had some chest pains and shaking last night. Had to go see the hospital.

Joy: I came back fine! They ruled out heart problems at least, which was an honest fear at the time. only odd thing theyfound was high white blood cell count, but probably due to panic.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

GameCobra wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:38 pm Oh, wow. I hope they fix that soon. :(

Sorrow: Had some chest pains and shaking last night. Had to go see the hospital.

Joy: I came back fine! They ruled out heart problems at least, which was an honest fear at the time. only odd thing theyfound was high white blood cell count, but probably due to panic.
That's concurring! Glad the diagnosis was reassuring. :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My mother was able to get the toilet fixed WITHOUT a plumber!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:31 pm Joy: My mother was able to get the toilet fixed WITHOUT a plumber!
Excellent! In a similar vein, My old First Sargeant used to express this urgency with the metaphor that "It's sorta like toilet paper - you never think about it until you have to think about it and then it's hard to think about anything else!" ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: We managed to find toilet paper that was septic safe before they rain out because of the Covid-19 panic at the possible second wave.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:40 pm Joy: We managed to find toilet paper that was septic safe before they rain out because of the Covid-19 panic at the possible second wave.
We seem to be well-stocked up here. But the flu season is young.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You know the panic over toilet paper is going to get worse since everybody is predicting that the Coronavirus will be worse in the winter. Never mind that the virus is starting to infect more people NOW.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:30 pm You know the panic over toilet paper is going to get worse since everybody is predicting that the Coronavirus will be worse in the winter. Never mind that the virus is starting to infect more people NOW.
Yeah, it's getting a little grim out there. Stay safe, friends.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Oof: Lots of general stress plus lots of specific stress plus a major tragedy at my school equals my current malaise :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorry to hear about the issues that is going on with you Obbl. I hope things start to get better for you.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Obbl wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:45 pm Oof: Lots of general stress plus lots of specific stress plus a major tragedy at my school equals my current malaise :(
Sorry for all the overload you're enduring, Obbl. This just seems to be an age of anguish we're passing through. Best wishes for better.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: It is now starting to get colder and colder out. :?
Last edited by Amazee Dayzee on Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Obbl wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:45 pm Oof: Lots of general stress plus lots of specific stress plus a major tragedy at my school equals my current malaise :(
Sorry to hear that, Obbl.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If you ever want to vent and pour your heart out a lot of people will be here to listen. <3
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Happy Givethanksing, all. Be warm, be well, be safe ... and Enjoy!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'll enjoy as much as I do for a Thanksgiving with only three people which we have been doing for a while.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:13 am I'll enjoy as much as I do for a Thanksgiving with only three people which we have been doing for a while.
Enjoy!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Joy: I'm back home from campus because I'm on break and all my classes moved online. Had a wonderful meal with my family this afternoon. Also did my first serious Beat Saber session in a few months and it felt sooo good.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Had a really great Thanksgiving even though it was just three people so we have a LOT of leftovers.

Sorrow: Today our governor is issuing a 2-week lockdown because of the cases of Coronavirus spiking.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Joy: Nice, relaxed after-festives day and a lot of calls to friends and family.

Sorrow: Sophie's fine but someday she won't be (being 18 and missing a front paw), so we spent some time planning how to deal with her passing.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I've got a long vacation for some much-needed relaxation and catching up on books, video games, and websites!

Sorrow: School has been thrown completely into disarray by COVID-19. I basically need to be seeing patients to finish medical school so online is a pretty poor substitute. :/ I'll still graduate on time but still.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: We started to get our Christmas decorations up!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Joy: spent the morning taking to my daughter and her husband in Buffalo.

Not so joyful: spent the afternoon talking with the manager of a pet cemetery near us. Sophie is fine now but, at the age of 18, she could pass in her sleep and we need to be ready.
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

Finished my finals. Now all that's left is to walk the sage and receive my diploma. Feels good.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Eldest daughter's birthday - she and the mister are escaping Los Angeles for a week. Good thing, LA's having a rough time lately.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: We are getting closer and closer to a Coronavirus vaccine!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

NHWestoN wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:26 pm Eldest daughter's birthday - she and the mister are escaping Los Angeles for a week. Good thing, LA's having a rough time lately.
Sad reversal - She just learned that one of the residents in the counseling center where she works tested positive for Covid. Vacation Cancelled.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Annoyance: My procrastinating has ruined my daily routine again and now it's almost tome for the new comic update and I have only half of what I need to get done finished. :x
Nathan Kerbonaut

Sorrow: My brother, whom I've been living with ever since college moved online, tested positive for COVID 19. He's doing well but I'm really worried now...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Now that we are cleaning out the basement downstairs and setting it up as a spare bedroom, this hose is starting to feel like a home!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Spent the morning talking to my daughter in LA. She tested positive for COVID and she and the mister are mildly symptomatic.
They do have a good support network including her brother and his missus so they'll quarantine in place and wait.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:41 pm Sorrow: My brother, whom I've been living with ever since college moved online, tested positive for COVID 19. He's doing well but I'm really worried now...
Two things to say. First of, best wishes and all that. Second? Get yourself tested, if you've not already bud.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:41 pm Sorrow: My brother, whom I've been living with ever since college moved online, tested positive for COVID 19. He's doing well but I'm really worried now...
NHWestoN wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:59 pm Spent the morning talking to my daughter in LA. She tested positive for COVID and she and the mister are mildly symptomatic.
They do have a good support network including her brother and his missus so they'll quarantine in place and wait.
Sorry to hear that, guys. Hope your families stay safe and well.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

NHWestoN wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:59 pm Spent the morning talking to my daughter in LA. She tested positive for COVID and she and the mister are mildly symptomatic.

Sorry to hear that. Hope your families feel better. Get tested and stay safe and healthy, my friends.

Sorrow: My brother has COVID-19.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

I hope everyone gets well soon, thoughts with all those affected, this Virus seems to have impacted all in some way (clearly some more so).
Joys, finished work fo a while :D
Daunted
Disproportionately Dappled
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Joy: Slowly getting the urge back to do reviews and work on my stories (2020 was a bit rough on me mentally)
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Nathan Kerbonaut

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. My mom got tested along with my brother yesterday and she was negative. The rest of us will get tested ASAP.