Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I might finally be able to get a new car and by new I mean 2021 and not 2000 like the New Beetle I was driving.

Sorrow: Guess what happened AGAIN yesterday? We lost power COMPLETELY again and it didn't get turned back on for almost 4 hours. My mother is on the verge of killing my father who only wanted this house because of the koi pond (which we had to get rid of because it was leaking) and we keep on running into more problems with the house. :x

We need to get a ******* generator like yesterday. :evil:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sorry you’re having so many problems with this house, Dayzee, I don’t blame your mom for being upset, the house seems like a money pit. Maybe your father would spring for a rebuilt generator. They don’t cost as much. Yay, about possibly getting a newer car.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Confused sorrow. As in confused about how this happened but still sad. The guy that came and repaired our furnace (who was an older guy but I didn't think he was extremely old) died.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

How very saddening. In the midst of life ... :( Have a better day, Amazz.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I could not get comfortable last night so I only got a few hours of sleep and now I am still groggy as ****. :(
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Joy: My ear is making a Supersonic recovery. Just have to have it drain and it will be good.

Another Joy: Got a new Linux Distro working. (In case you're wondering about the fic, I Always back up my work before going to different distros.)
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Joy: Got a T-Shirt from a Kickstarter project in the mail.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Going to get my computer fixed tomorrow so I don't have to deal with the keys falling off the keyboard.

Sorrow: I don't know how long I will be without my computer
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:18 pm Joy: Going to get my computer fixed tomorrow so I don't have to deal with the keys falling off the keyboard.

Sorrow: I don't know how long I will be without my computer
tumbling, tinkling keyboards keys are SOOOOOOO annoying!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It was a design flaw that affected computers starting from 2016. I got my computer at the end of 2018. It seems to be getting worse now as the keys come off at the SLIGHTEST touch.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:52 am It was a design flaw that affected computers starting from 2016. I got my computer at the end of 2018. It seems to be getting worse now as the keys come off at the SLIGHTEST touch.
How long does it take for the geniuses who sell these things to notice the problem and fix it?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

What kind of computer is it, Dayzee? My Toshiba seems to be okay, at least keyboard wise.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The computer is a MacBook Pro from 2017 which has a butterfly keyboard and according to all of the research that I did for it, they seem to be NOTORIOUSLY unreliable after a certain time period and the keys just start working. So I had to go and get it brought to Apple since I needed the repair badly. I'm just glad that it decided to start shedding keys while I was still under warranty.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Glad it's still under warranty. I have a Mac laptop that I got when I graduated college in 2002. Still works well, but, as you might expect isn't very fast.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Annoyance: Still not used to working on a Dell computer after having a Mac for the longest time.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:50 pm Annoyance: Still not used to working on a Dell computer after having a Mac for the longest time.
I started out on a Compaq. Had Mac laptops; not very resilient.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really? To me when I had a Dell over a Mac it was actually the opposite.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:32 am Really? To me when I had a Dell over a Mac it was actually the opposite.
just a lemon, I guess.......
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Started to drive my brand new 2021 Chevrolet Malibu around when I went to pick up dinner and its better than I expected.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Congrats on the car, Dayzee!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Plus getting this car with all of the options continues the tradition of me somehow having fancier cars than both my parents.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:35 pm Plus getting this car with all of the options continues the tradition of me somehow having fancier cars than both my parents.
Every family needs a few bonding traditions. Do your parents ever ask to borrow THE car?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Nope. My parents are VERY anal about driving their own cars for some reason and will not drive each other's cars unless it was an emergency. Which made it a pain when it snowed at the old house since we all had to park behind each other so they could plow the streets and my mother worked nights so her car had to be in the back and then my father had work in the morning and she was behind him so she had to move and then she had work again later that night so the cars had to be moved AGAIN. I can count o my hands the number of times my father after getting his own car used my mother's car and my mother only used his previous car because I wanted her to since I liked it when she did and only used his current car twice.
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

I took an afternoon nap from 3 to 6 the other day, and that combined with staying up late playing SCP: Secret Lab and minecraft minigames with friends has my sleep schedule all thrown off. It's almost 4am, and it's been like this for days.

At least I'm spending the time with friends, which is more than I could say even last year.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow Had to break up a dog fight and listen to my mother go on and on about ow everything went to **** after we moved to the house that she didn't want but we got because my father wanted it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:07 pm Sorrow Had to break up a dog fight and listen to my mother go on and on about ow everything went to **** after we moved to the house that she didn't want but we got because my father wanted it.
Eeeeeegh! Breaking up dogfights can get you hurt!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well one of them who is VERY jealous tried to bite one of our cats while my mother was petting her and got her biting her in the lip so bd she needed stitches.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Ouch!

Sorrow/Anger/Rant: My brother’s wife (from whom he’s separated) acts like I’m endangering my niece and nephew by working in my new jobs. (One in the law office, one in a local market.) I take all precautions, but she just thinks where I live is populated by dull-witted hayseeds, and whined every time she came down. She required us to take her to Cracker Barrel and buy her things for her to consider coming down here. The last time we ate out she kvetched that the waitress didn’t bring the right kind of jam, and then said laughing, “Well, I can’t expect her to be very smart she’s just a waitress.” I went outside because I was about to chuck a biscuit at her, and I didn’t want to waste the biscuit.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

trekkie wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:12 am Ouch!

Sorrow/Anger/Rant: My brother’s wife (from whom he’s separated) acts like I’m endangering my niece and nephew by working in my new jobs. (One in the law office, one in a local market.) I take all precautions, but she just thinks where I live is populated by dull-witted hayseeds, and whined every time she came down. She required us to take her to Cracker Barrel and buy her things for her to consider coming down here. The last time we ate out she kvetched that the waitress didn’t bring the right kind of jam, and then said laughing, “Well, I can’t expect her to be very smart she’s just a waitress.” I went outside because I was about to chuck a biscuit at her, and I didn’t want to waste the biscuit.
Bless you, trek. I'da been tempted to chuck something a bit more substantive than a biscuit.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The worst thing you could have thrown in that situation would have been your words. But you should formulate a 'comeback' phrase and argument because it sounds like she's pushing you into verbally attacking her. This is eggshell territory...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:47 pm The worst thing you could have thrown in that situation would have been your words. But you should formulate a 'comeback' phrase and argument because it sounds like she's pushing you into verbally attacking her. This is eggshell territory...
Dad used to say "Some people not only walk around with a chip on their shoulder - they use it for their head."
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Well, they’re separated right now, but I do know how to just ignore her or leave.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My MacBook Pro has finally made it to the Apple Repair Center so they can now start to repair it then send it back to me!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:07 pm Joy: My MacBook Pro has finally made it to the Apple Repair Center so they can now start to repair it then send it back to me!
Yay, stuff getting fixed!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Of course I still have to wait the 7 to 10 business days for it to get fixed and sent back from me which I know is going to be more like 10 business days and I just found out that tomorrow which is Veteran's Day isn't a business day so that prolongs it longer. I probably won't be getting it back until the 24th.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Bought a book and sent it to a colleague from my old college teaching department. Kind of a bittersweet occasion as he's retiring early after being Chairman for three years. Although he's found it more and more frustrating, he's always loved the classroom world so he's hitting the parachute with mixed emotions. The plan was to stay another three years, but the Covid risk sort of accelerated the schedule.

If 2020 was a drink, it would be a pre-colonoscopy prep.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh don't I know that. I had to do a colonoscopy prep before and the drink was the worst part. Just so utterly sweet. It made my jaws hurt.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

SORROW: I'm not really feeling very well.

JOY: I found a pen!
Last edited by Harry Johnathan on Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know how you feel. I am also one that suffers from OCD. Except I just keep on repeating things in my mind until they are perfect. Though I can also see that it makes me want to edit my posts or phrase them in an awkward way.

Joy: I got my main computer back which is my MacBook Pro! I didn't expect to get it back this early! I'm so glad I can use it again! :D
roshancookies

Post by roshancookies »

Joy: I got to play in an ensemble for the first time in months today! My university allowed small groups of strings to meet for a sight reading session of Tchaikovsky's Serenade for Strings and William Grant Still's Mother and Child. No winds yet unfortunately since it's a bit difficult to play them with a mask on.