2020/10/07 - Fazetime

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2020/10/07 - Fazetime

Post by D-Rock »

[2020/10/07 - Fazetime]
Title Text: is dialtone still a thing? maybe there's an app for that

Frankly, no additional comment will suffice here.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
dr_eirik

Re: 2020/10/07 - Fazetime

Post by dr_eirik »

Our long lost squirrel has returned! And he has discovered that money can't solve every problem.

I wonder if this is going to create an opening for Steward and/or the dino demon to exploit?
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
zeusdemigod131

Post by zeusdemigod131 »

Aside from being small, I can't really think of a ton of special needs that would need to be met, and a couple of students at my college needed full mobility scooters
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

D-Rock wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:03 am Frankly, no additional comment will suffice here.
I agree.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

zeusdemigod131 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:09 am Aside from being small, I can't really think of a ton of special needs that would need to be met, and a couple of students at my college needed full mobility scooters
It's called an excuse.

They'd be the first University to accept an Animal (probably). There's a lot of unknowns. In this situation? Not every place wants to be the test case.

What counts for one isn’t for another;
an unfortunate lesson learned in life.
Here it is learned by the strips new hero,
and it just adds to the stack of his strife.
I don’t think that talking magic(k) helped here;
it sure didn’t convince them that you’re sane.
Changing their building for just one Squirrel?
What was it you thought that they might gain?
The law of county is not the country,
what is legal here isn’t always there;
The fight for equality is NOT won.
That is a truth that we all have to bear.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
biddyfox

Post by biddyfox »

when will someone sew marion a tiny chest binder out of like a pair of boxers' waistband or something
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Marion should look into pursuing a career in coding or programming, maybe tech support. Something that can be done at home, without requiring him to travel or for clients and customers to actually meet him in person.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Ah, University Administration - don't miss'em at'all .....
Jixstun

Post by Jixstun »

The first look at the ECP Boarding House. I hope we get to see some of the other residents, probably Steward's other targets who may or may not be taking it better or worse than Marion.

Also, do you think the Boarding House might do Orientation Classes?

"So you're a Carnivore now"

"Everything you need to know about molting"

"No thumbs? No Problem!"
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

dr_eirik wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:06 am Our long lost squirrel has returned! And he has discovered that money can't solve every problem.

I wonder if this is going to create an opening for Steward and/or the dino demon to exploit?
Would be interesting, though it'll still probably backfire in some way. You know how particular deals can be.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Fish Preferred

Post by Fish Preferred »

Huzzah! My favourite character returns.

And I see Marion has now forgone pants as well.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

There's a Tom Scott video on the telephone topic.
https://youtu.be/bUIiUXvnkUQ
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Yay!

The Marion & Lois Show returns!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

VeryAngryDeer wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:24 am Yay!

The Marion & Lois Show returns!
After Marion's little experience, I think we'll be seeing Lois pretty soon!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Jixstun wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:55 am The first look at the ECP Boarding House. I hope we get to see some of the other residents, probably Steward's other targets who may or may not be taking it better or worse than Marion.

"No thumbs? No Problem!"
"Predation: Avoid Becoming Supper"

"Scale Care for the fashionable reptile"

"Forest Etiquette: How to make animal friends without a faux paw"
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

dr_eirik wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:35 am "Forest Etiquette: How to make animal friends without a faux paw"
Taught by Professor Randy? (of 'Faux Pas')
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

I'm ecstatic to see Marion again! And glad to see that he's out at the ECP Boarding House instead of living with his parents. I feel sad that he's having trouble getting into a university, though. The colleges are all cowards for not wanting to try and be the first to accommodate and accept an animal; I feel like there'd be at least one that'd be willing to accept the risks and challenge as well as take credit if they successfully get Marion from freshman to gaduate. At the very least, if the county of River Ridge has its own university, he'll be able to go there alongside all the other ferals and humans-turned-animals.
dr_eirik wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:06 am Our long lost squirrel has returned! And he has discovered that money can't solve every problem.

I'm not sure that he's that desperate just yet. I also think that Marion might, if DD or Steward approached him, say something like "Ohhh no. Oh definitely no." since I feel that based on the prior arc that we had with him, he still had a level of common sense around him even if he was reacting quite emotionally at times. As well, at the Christmas timeskip, he seemed to be warming up quite well to the idea of being an animal for good. That, and lastly, I think that the first place that DD would go would be straight to Keene to raise some heck over there and tempt him.
Jixstun wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:55 am The first look at the ECP Boarding House. I hope we get to see some of the other residents, probably Steward's other targets who may or may not be taking it better or worse than Marion.
I'd also like to see some more ferals, particularly prey ferals that they started admitting into the program according to Lana in My Life As A Teenage Squirrel. Maybe Marion could make a friend in someone completely unexpected who shows up. I said this before, but I definitely do want to see more fun character development and new friendships forming before another arc on the level of Temple Crashers 2 comes around. Here's hoping Steward, Trinket, and/or DD don't cause too much havoc in Heckraiser.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Video calls don't use the phone system at all, so they're double-dialtone-free.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Is it only me that thinks that the problem with Marion that they can't deal with because they aren't equipped doesn't exist and they are just prejudiced against animals?
Frank

Post by Frank »

Hanging up when you hear "another minority" must be a reflex for those guys at this point
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:13 am Is it only me that thinks that the problem with Marion that they can't deal with because they aren't equipped doesn't exist and they are just prejudiced against animals?
As someone who's tried writing about this, no, there's genuine concerns. The least of which is: how would he open doors? He can't even reach the wheelchair button.
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
FalinkesInculta

Post by FalinkesInculta »

Dunno why but I feel like there gonna be a "This is all just a series of strangely connected coincidences!" moment in the next few strips
Next up is a song about a beautiful woman i met,

Just kidding,

Its about getting drunk
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

So, as seems, there are important public places that aren't still equipped, or worse, aren't tolerant about accepting animals... :roll: The ECP will have to battle also for that. :| Eh, poor Marion, if you start to talk them about magic(k) and of your transformation, they'll obviously close the call. :P That university is really bad: in that universe, be a person doesn't mean be only an human, the other animal species also have their personality, conscience, and can talk... :x
Fish Preferred

Post by Fish Preferred »

Ash Greytree wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:56 am The colleges are all cowards for not wanting to try and be the first to accommodate and accept an animal; I feel like there'd be at least one that'd be willing to accept the risks and challenge as well as take credit if they successfully get Marion from freshman to gaduate.
Itsuki is enrolled in a university somewhere in the general area, so it certainly isn't unheard of.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Fish Preferred wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:04 pm
Ash Greytree wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:56 am The colleges are all cowards for not wanting to try and be the first to accommodate and accept an animal; I feel like there'd be at least one that'd be willing to accept the risks and challenge as well as take credit if they successfully get Marion from freshman to gaduate.
Itsuki is enrolled in a university somewhere in the general area, so it certainly isn't unheard of.
Hmm, that seems like a bit of a plot hole. It doesn't seem likely he was in a community college. We never got much of a look at exactly what he was doing. Unless it was some short-lived exchange program or something I'm not sure how that works out.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

No, he moved to America specifically to enroll in a university here and avoid the entrence exams in Japan
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Obbl wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:39 pm No, he moved to America specifically to enroll in a university here and avoid the entrence exams in Japan
And he specifically stated, during that arc, that his species has the legal status of citizen in Japan. The University accepted a Japanese citizen, not an animal.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

biddyfox wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:02 am when will someone sew marion a tiny chest binder out of like a pair of boxers' waistband or something
Does it look like they need one?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:35 am

"No thumbs? No Problem!"
"Predation: Avoid Becoming Supper"

"Scale Care for the fashionable reptile"

"Forest Etiquette: How to make animal friends without a faux paw"
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:36 am
Obbl wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:39 pm No, he moved to America specifically to enroll in a university here and avoid the entrence exams in Japan
And he specifically stated, during that arc, that his species has the legal status of citizen in Japan. The University accepted a Japanese citizen, not an animal.
I had forgotten that detail. We know that there is an African nation were animals are citizens, since Jata was in charge if it. Wonder if Marion got citizenship in one of those places he could shortcut his way to legal status.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Macsen wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:54 am
biddyfox wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:02 am when will someone sew marion a tiny chest binder out of like a pair of boxers' waistband or something
Does it look like they need one?
Well, considering he had to lift his shirt...
Last edited by CunningFox on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am expecting somewhere along the way that both Marion and Lois will get tired of wearing clothes and just go native. XD
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Having the backing of the Miltons is a win,
But Marion, they're not gonna let you in...
But it seems they're afoul of a lawsuit
By giving animal students the boot.

Squirrel-boy, don't flash the screen,
They're just gonna think you're mean,
The laws weren't made for you, dude,
And doing -that- is kinda crude.
--
No ifs, ands, or nuts about it, Marion, life's gonna be hard now...
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!