2020/10/09 - Warning Dog Marriage

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2020/10/09 - Warning Dog Marriage

Post by D-Rock »

[2020/10/09 - Warning Dog Marriage]
Title Text: Warning: Dog Marriage

Hey, control the tabloid, control the world.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
dr_eirik

Re: 2020/10/09 - Warning Dog Marriage

Post by dr_eirik »

And now, Lois is in the house. Nice to see she still has a good sense of humor.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Good journalism? That won’t get you clicks Marion! You want clicks, you need clicks you crave clicks! Give us that clickbait! CLICKBAAAAAIT

Any how, what career that you can’t get in a community college do you want Marion?
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Like how ladylike Lois is acting in a male body :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Oh Boy. If M & L do make their Wedding a bigger deal than King and Bailey, least we have a good idea where Steward would strike next...
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

One is long on humour,
the other is short on patience.
Neither missing what was;
but one more open to cadence.
The Squirrel and the Cat,
the lovers both entwined;
with each other for good;
a miracle, you’ll find.
No duvet on the bed,
but then, perhaps they don’t need one?
Just lying there all night;
two animals, having their fun.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gonna throw this out there, but i'm pondering where Rick and possibly Lois and Marion are going with this. Looks like they want a serious wedding, but the issue i'm pondering that will be brought up is that humans are the ones that are bringing it up. What about pet/pet couples and their marriage rights? And will King/Bailey have to remarry or just have their vows renewed/strengthened?
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
mr_abomination

Post by mr_abomination »

Interesting. Since we last saw them in December it seems like both of them have given up clothing, except when strictly necessary (like on an important video call)

Oh, and obviously they are still keeping their bracelets!
GameCobra wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:44 am Gonna throw this out there, but i'm pondering where Rick and possibly Lois and Marion are going with this. Looks like they want a serious wedding, but the issue i'm pondering that will be brought up is that humans are the ones that are bringing it up. What about pet/pet couples and their marriage rights? And will King/Bailey have to remarry or just have their vows renewed/strengthened?
I'm guessing that may just be a throwaway joke, but it's something to consider for the future, whatever those two decide.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

D-Rock wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:04 amTitle Text: don't you want to live the life of a celebrity with none of the benefits
Oh, I felt that so vicerally, the laughter wheezed out like a punch to the gut :lol: Excellent job Rick
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

mr_abomination wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:23 am Interesting. Since we last saw them in December it seems like both of them have given up clothing, except when strictly necessary (like on an important video call).
Loving couples don't always wear clothes in bed.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

I see Marion and Louis are back on the scene, I can never recall exactly how they came into contact with the coin, may have to re-read that bit.

Daunted
Disproportionately Dappled
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, "Trashy" sells, they say. Still, King and Bailey seem to have a loving, successful marriage without a lot of tabloid coverage. Except on the floor. Until the pups are house-broken. Which they apparently are.

And Lois and Marion won't have an ugly statue in the house, either.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

DDeer wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:56 am I see Marion and Louis are back on the scene, I can never recall exactly how they came into contact with the coin, may have to re-read that bit.

Daunted
We don't actually know. Marion woke up that way with no explanation. Lois was at the zoo with Marion and presumably transformed by Trinket but we don't know that for certain.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Have to say Lois and Marion do make quite a cute couple, especially in panels 1 and 3.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

GameCobra wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:08 am Like how ladylike Lois is acting in a male body :3
I noticed that too. Even though she's male, she's still posed as if she were female.

At this point, I'm wondering if Keene basically needs to build a new city with all the neccesary amenities, and throw it open to animals. Call it a pilot project.

Animals have been used for all sorts of jobs IRL, from carrying messages in war to running cables through aeroplanes. Gotta wonder how much more efficient a city might be at generating wealth if the jobs were taken by animals who were better at their specific role than humans.

Demonstrate that animals can be more productive than people, and you might actually get the corporate lobbyists on your side, demanding that the government let them hire fully qualified animals.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Sadly Lois is right, their life is different and even if Keene promised them to they could live their live like before it will take a long while until this will be the chase, so they have to think of alternatives.
I wonder if Marion will hold some sort of grudge torwards Keene, because of that.
Although I doubt that, while a bit impulsive Marion doesn't seem to be unreasonable.
I hope they won't be dragged into Steward's scheme again.

Since we're in the boarding house, does it mean we will meet the other humans which were turned into animals.
Is the boarding house just for humans which were turned to animals or everyone who is in the ECP?
Will we see Sasha and Kevin?
Okay this doesn't have to do with the arc, but I'm curious.
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

Lois has been hanging out with Rock hasn't she?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sir Chestnut wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:58 am Lois has been hanging out with Rock hasn't she?
Only in the High School Drama Club, though, I think.......
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Nice to see this couple again together. :D Eh, looks like no private college wants to accept animals, probably it's because is a new thing for them... :roll: The purpose of the ECP is also this, it'll be an important conquest for equality. ;) But, Lois has a point there, maybe is a bit pretentious the willing to do the same stuff like when you were humans... :| You can marry, yeah, but why you say so about King and Bailey's marriage, Marion? :? Good irony for Lois. :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looks like Lois is starting to embrace her inner animal and accepting that she might not end up being a human again but Marion is still trying to act like he is still a human. I have a feeling at the end of this Marion will give in and accept his squirrel-ness.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

What a sweet couple. And Marion’s tail is awesome.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

dr_eirik wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:42 am
DDeer wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:56 am I see Marion and Louis are back on the scene, I can never recall exactly how they came into contact with the coin, may have to re-read that bit.

Daunted
We don't actually know. Marion woke up that way with no explanation. Lois was at the zoo with Marion and presumably transformed by Trinket but we don't know that for certain.
Ah, not just me then, would love to know the truth of it.
Disproportionately Dappled
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Lotza loose ends in the story, many of which (but not all) Rick will unfold as the saga proceeds. Stay tuned.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Marion's expression in the third panel makes me think that he's not going to do anything rash or get majorly tempted by either Steward or DD. I know that it's also because Lois is nuzzling his cheek with her thumb, but I do think that it makes it clear that he's not going to let this fourth setback be his breaking point. Maybe he'll decide to also step out of the room, take a walk around the Boarding House in these next few pages and we'll see if he's made any friends of the new ferals they've brought on or any former-humans? It'd also be nice to see if any of the Treehouse denizens decided to join the ECP and are now shacking up there.

Also, it seems that Lois is pursuing a journalism degree. That's pretty interesting, and I'm excited to see if her skills will come in handy later on in future arcs.
Gbr23 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:07 am Any how, what career that you can’t get in a community college do you want Marion?
My guess is that Marion would like to be a doctor of some sort.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Nice to see these two back. I have a feeling this idea for a wedding is going to all play nicely into whatever plan Steward is cooking up with the demon. That is if they are serious about doing it now.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Couldn't he try applying for Itsuki's university?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Dunno - would he need to know Japanese?
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:05 pm Looks like Lois is starting to embrace her inner animal and accepting that she might not end up being a human again but Marion is still trying to act like he is still a human. I have a feeling at the end of this Marion will give in and accept his squirrel-ness.
He's not human any more, but he's not just a squirrel either.

Last time he contemplated giving in and accepting his squirrel-ness, it was portrayed as him throwing a fit at the difficulty of his situation - a bad thing. Meeting a boy squirrel and creating a squirrel dynasty in Winnipeg and dying of global warming is not Marion's destiny.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

VeryAngryDeer wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:38 pm
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:05 pm Looks like Lois is starting to embrace her inner animal and accepting that she might not end up being a human again but Marion is still trying to act like he is still a human. I have a feeling at the end of this Marion will give in and accept his squirrel-ness.

Last time he contemplated giving in and accepting his squirrel-ness, it was portrayed as him throwing a fit at the difficulty of his situation - a bad thing. Meeting a boy squirrel and creating a squirrel dynasty in Winnipeg and dying of global warming is not Marion's destiny.
Who knows? Perhaps a film crew may want to adapt Conker and cast him as the lead?
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

SeanWolf wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:51 pm
VeryAngryDeer wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:38 pm

Who knows? Perhaps a film crew may want to adapt Conker and cast him as the lead?
Dudley Dooright?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I believe he’s referring to the game Conker’s Bad Fur Day, developed by Rare back in the day. Very raunchy and vulgar game, juxtaposed by cutesy graphics, though a really impressive piece of programming at the time, due to being constrained by the much more limited Nintendo 64 cartridge data space.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If Marion starts to morph into Conker then it is time for the people around him to be worried.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Maybe Jessica and Zach will go first. 'Course, they're feral so what would the tabloids care?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You mean go first and get married? I think it would be different from Lois and Marion because they are on the protection of the ECP where Zach is a pet and I'm not sure what Jessica's status is.
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

VeryAngryDeer wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:22 am
GameCobra wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:08 am Like how ladylike Lois is acting in a male body :3
I noticed that too. Even though she's male, she's still posed as if she were female.
Oh good, I am not the only one here who recognized that, especially with the cliché "draw me like a french girl" pose in the first scene. ;) That must be a little(slightly) less easy to pull off with a less flexible boy body. :?

dr_eirik wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:42 am

Daunted

Yes, this kind of irks me. For certain reasons. I never understood how this curse work? I thought it could only affect the one dude who removed it, as it seems that everyone technically didn't remove the gold from the temple, so the curse should of (IMO) Applied only to a now certain camel once human character.

And even then, it didn't put the peeps in the opposite sex body than their human body, which makes Marion & Louis a very confusing case for me. Also, shouldn't marion have a female voice and a more girly body, with a more girly head? And vice-versa with Louis? :|

Also, the only reason a piece of me wants to see marion back to human, because of the last page where it seemed he tried to abuse the power of certain group of people to get into college which doesn't sit right with me; and thus now I want him to NOT be a boy with lower girl squirrel parts, so he can't abuse this power he may have from certain groups who have faced many problems for it in the past and somewhat even now that he didn't face himself. At first I was confused by it but later accepted it. Now after that stunt, I am having doubts being ok with MARION having this type of predicament. :(

For example: I don't use my minority half (I don't know if mixed people are counted minorities, so I will say half) when trying to presently get grants or scholarships to a college I want. If I ever have kids of my own (and that's a BIG if basing it off my physical appearance, interests, mental state, AND personality alone), I don't want to answer their question of how I afforded college with part of it being "oh I was seen as a minority, so if your minority or under represented, guilt trip people/abuse that power to get some college scholarships, and don't worry about having to earn it like people who don't have that ability to try".

To me, it sends the wrong message(IMO). I want them to feel like they actually earned the money and their scholarship by working for it. NOT by the color of their skin, the orientation of their sexuality, or by the biological function their body carries out; but by the attributes of their character and determination and dedication to earn it. :geek:
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

ZAR22 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:40 am
Oh good, I am not the only one here who recognized that, especially with the cliché "draw me like a french girl" pose in the first scene. ;) That must be a little(slightly) less easy to pull off with a less flexible boy body. :?
Have boys suddenly become less flexible? :P
Also I'm curious, do guys actually not ever lay like that? I've definitely lain like that several times. I don't see it as particularly feminine personally, but I may just not be as cued into those kinds of social markers :|

dr_eirik wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:42 am We don't actually know. Marion woke up that way with no explanation. Lois was at the zoo with Marion and presumably transformed by Trinket but we don't know that for certain.
Yes, this kind of irks me. For certain reasons. I never understood how this curse work? I thought it could only affect the one dude who removed it, as it seems that everyone technically didn't remove the gold from the temple, so the curse should of (IMO) Applied only to a now certain camel once human character.

And even then, it didn't put the peeps in the opposite sex body than their human body, which makes Marion & Louis a very confusing case for me. Also, shouldn't marion have a female voice and a more girly body, with a more girly head? And vice-versa with Louis? :|
The curse seems to affect any human that the coin touches. For instance, Thomas removed the coin and gave it to Steward, yet Steward also changed, so it's definitely not just the one who removes it. Presumably the curse is a bit vague (maybe Pete did a lazy job of it). It's just not supposed to ever be "in human hands", and so changes the human to an animal to satisfy that requirement.
As for the gender, well we don't actually know, but it's possible that the coin randomly puts the human into an animal body and doesn't actually care about sex (neither which the person was before nor which they end up as), which makes the outcome of sex a 50/50 chance. And so far we have a run of Male-Male-Female-Male which is well within expectations for a uniformly random outcome.
ZAR22 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:40 amAlso, the only reason a piece of me wants to see marion back to human, because of the last page where it seemed he tried to abuse the power of certain group of people to get into college which doesn't sit right with me; and thus now I want him to NOT be a boy with lower girl squirrel parts, so he can't abuse this power he may have from certain groups who have faced many problems for it in the past and somewhat even now that he didn't face himself. At first I was confused by it but later accepted it. Now after that stunt, I am having doubts being ok with MARION having this type of predicament. :(
Well, Marion agrees that he doesn't want to be in this predicament, so some empathy is not bad. However, I feel like you may be hypersensitive to behavior that you might see as "manipulative". I think what Marion did is at the very least something that should be forgivable even if you think it's manipulative. He is in a very difficult predicament and he's a bit desperate to get his life back on track, but he's also running out of ideas.
ZAR22 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:40 amFor example: I don't use my minority half (I don't know if mixed people are counted minorities, so I will say half) when trying to presently get grants or scholarships to a college I want. If I ever have kids of my own (and that's a BIG if basing it off my physical appearance, interests, mental state, AND personality alone), I don't want to answer their question of how I afforded college with part of it being "oh I was seen as a minority, so if your minority or under represented, guilt trip people/abuse that power to get some college scholarships, and don't worry about having to earn it like people who don't have that ability to try".

To me, it sends the wrong message(IMO). I want them to feel like they actually earned the money and their scholarship by working for it. NOT by the color of their skin, the orientation of their sexuality, or by the biological function their body carries out; but by the attributes of their character and determination and dedication to earn it. :geek:
As a general note for everyone:
This arc is probably going to dip into politics a handful of times, but when possible we'd prefer that discussion doesn't stray into deeper discussion on individual political points, especially anyone's opinions on real world politics. Please and thank you! :D
(so for this particular case: Whatever your thoughts on affirmative action (its methods or goals), the Housepets! forums is not the place to discuss them.)

Not to antagonize you in particular, Zar, it just feels like a good moment for a general announcement.
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

Obbl wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:37 am
Have boys suddenly become less flexible? :P
Also I'm curious, do guys actually not ever lay like that? I've definitely lain like that several times. I don't see it as particularly feminine personally, but I may just not be as cued into those kinds of social markers :|
Generally speaking, without training and such, from what I learned girls bodies tend to be alot more flexible for.... reasons...
Some guys (kind of like me) can't sit that they very long due to comfort issues and back problems, plus girls tend to have certain body parts and.... *cough* "assets" *cough*..... that could make it a little bit easier to relax on non fluffy material. Thus when I see her in the guy body sitting so comfortable, I am wondering if she is just resilient, has a num body to this type or thing, or has not ver sensitive skin to hold a pose like this. I could not hold a pose like that unless it was on top a supper soft material like a bed or couch. But that's just me.

Obbl wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:37 am
ZAR22 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:40 am Yes, this kind of irks me. For certain reasons. I never understood how this curse work? I thought it could only affect the one dude who removed it, as it seems that everyone technically didn't remove the gold from the temple, so the curse should of (IMO) Applied only to a now certain camel once human character.

The curse seems to affect any human that the coin touches. For instance, Thomas removed the coin and gave it to Steward, yet Steward also changed, so it's definitely not just the one who removes it. Presumably the curse is a bit vague (maybe Pete did a lazy job of it). It's just not supposed to ever be "in human hands", and so changes the human to an animal to satisfy that requirement.
and I get that too, but I was thinking in terms of more realistic curses, and the fact no human (or possibly anyone) should be able to remove the coin, yet since the ones like steward did NOT remove the coin, they shouldn't have been affected IMO.
Obbl wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:37 am As for the gender, well we don't actually know, but it's possible that the coin randomly puts the human into an animal body and doesn't actually care about sex (neither which the person was before nor which they end up as), which makes the outcome of sex a 50/50 chance. And so far we have a run of Male-Male-Female-Male which is well within expectations for a uniformly random outcome.
But why would it get the first two dudes correct? Then goof up on it with the next people? It would be possible different if they were already like this, wanted to be like this, or was the opposite sex in the past. But this was not the case with marion or Louis AFAWK.
ZAR22 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:40 amAlso, the only reason a piece of me wants to see marion back to human, because of the last page where it seemed he tried to abuse the power of certain group of people to get into college which doesn't sit right with me; and thus now I want him to NOT be a boy with lower girl squirrel parts, so he can't abuse this power he may have from certain groups who have faced many problems for it in the past and somewhat even now that he didn't face himself. At first I was confused by it but later accepted it. Now after that stunt, I am having doubts being ok with MARION having this type of predicament. :(

(Ok, I know the announcement, but I still want to get this out, because I feel like this next does need my response, because I feel personally targeted by this particular one (not the last one I will respond to, but the "hypersensitive" one, as that feels very personal to me, and I don't appreciate being called that for how I approached this scenario, so I will break to respond to that using personal experience of mine to show WHY I don't like certain moves by people, politics aside, as the later of these actions by my family is one that's more of a social issue than political one IMO))
Obbl wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:37 am Well, Marion agrees that he doesn't want to be in this predicament, so some empathy is not bad. However, I feel like you may be hypersensitive to behavior that you might see as "manipulative".
Hypersensitive? What? That's not me being hypersensitive, that's just me being uncomfortable with what marion decide to pull with his new body, which is a form of manipulation now that I think about. I would feel the same if he did that with other (normal/non-hyper) sensitive stuff that may or may not be political. I don't like sleazy actions like that, because how especially certain people in my family used it to justify harming my body, putting me (emotionally and sometimes physically) down, and threatening to put me in jail for either stopping one from slapping me, or flicking one in the head after a full punch to the face by one ((because she had her head bumped by me for leaning her forward towards mine as I leaned mine back, bumping hers) which resulted in my adopted mother threatening to call the police on me if I ever touched my sisters (in a negative connotation, even in self defense like grabbing their arm to stop a slap in self defense) again like flicking them on the head). Thus it is a sore subject when people use past problems a group or a type of being faced to justify grimy and/or harmful behavior.
Obbl wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:37 am I think what Marion did is at the very least something that should be forgivable even if you think it's manipulative. He is in a very difficult predicament and he's a bit desperate to get his life back on track, but he's also running out of ideas.
I dunno if I can fully forgive him for that stunt, but surely, couldn't he have found something else to try before that? Like got the Miltons to sue the previous college he was going to (if he was going to one before the change) to either let him in, or get his money back? I will let it pass just this once, but I got my eye marion, and if he does something like this again, i dunno if i will feel all to thrilled about marion's choices overall.

Obbl wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:37 am As a general note for everyone:
This arc is probably going to dip into politics a handful of times, but when possible we'd prefer that discussion doesn't stray into deeper discussion on individual political points, especially anyone's opinions on real world politics. Please and thank you! :D
(so for this particular case: Whatever your thoughts on affirmative action (its methods or goals), the Housepets! forums is not the place to discuss them.)

Not to antagonize you in particular, Zar, it just feels like a good moment for a general announcement.
Well, I had no idea what affirmative action was until I just looked it up now, so atleast I learned something new. But ok then. I was just trying to use a example that was closes to what was going on in the comics. But like the warning above, I feel like I should response to atleast one of thos "political" statements because how I feel I was told.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

NHWestoN wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:47 pm Maybe Jessica and Zach will go first.
With Custom Ink as the officiant?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Or maybe Reverend Gurney? He didn't marry King and Bailey but he did provide them with pre-marriage counseling. If his denomination allows.... :?

Okay, now that you bring that up ... does Ink consider herself "ordained"? Gosh, this arc got complicated fast. ;)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Okay, one, I’ve sometimes lain down like that, too. I sometimes find it comfortable.

Two, the curse was “human hands won’t touch it.” That’s it. Not “those who steal it will get cursed.”

Three, just because Thomas and Steward remained the sex they started as, doesn’t mean that the coin isn’t working on a randomized effect still. They could have just as easily gotten “lucky” in that regard.

Four, you’re projecting bad intentions on Marion’s part. Animals showing themselves off is an everyday thing in this world. He could just be saying, “hey, this happened to me, too.”