2020/09/30 - Only Get The One Channel

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2020/09/30 - Only Get The One Channel

Post by D-Rock »

[2020/09/30 - Only Get The One Channel]
Title Text: silly badger, you can't hammer things with a coin

When one knocks on the door of evil, the demon shall answer.

...never said I was good at clever sayings.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gbr23

Re: 2020/09/30 - Only Get The One Channel

Post by Gbr23 »

So there have been more transformation cases... Veeery eager to see how this arc is going to unravel
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Well, well, well, the plot not only moves along but it thickens. Looks like Keenes old friend and breaker of chaondms is back.

I rather suspect that Steward is abput to meet him for the first time. This could make things very interesting...
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I am greatly concerned about how many people Steward has turned by now. He's had quite a bit of time to get ahead.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

How. How was this stupid plan going to crush them Steward? You absolute moron.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

The Dino Demon returns!

I’m rather curious as to what exactly this arc is gonna entail. My guess is that the trio will start scheming and maybe hatch a few plans that get botched to hilarious effect, and the only victim they manage to transform is Bronson, that one slacker type that was sitting next to Marion in school in a prior arc.

I’m also curious about what this could mean for future story arcs, especially in terms of what we’ll be seeing of Marion & Lois. Before things get plot heavy and everyone potentially has to go to the temple in Egypt to solve some problems, I’d very much like to see at least a few arcs of those two just going about their new lives and seeing how much has changed for them since it’s been over a year, with some small plot points and story progression here or there before any more major arcs.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
bjchan95

Post by bjchan95 »

HOLY CARP IT'S HAPPENING GUYS.
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR NEARLY A YEAR.
IT'S GO TIME!
I'm very active on the Housepets! wikia, I've created a lot of articles and help keep it up-to-date! Come and help support us! http://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

...How is Steward getting electricity in that hideout?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Legotron123 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:10 am How. How was this stupid plan going to crush them Steward? You absolute moron.
It could've backfired.

The problem is Stewart guessed wrong how people react.

That... and he's in a furry comic :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Actually, it's very simple yet dark solution. Stewart could actually aim to take the ferrets' lives.

Come to think of it... I should write a special on my fic involving Stewart as the primary antagonist. And have it released on a Friday the 13th.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Also, i'm sure other people are thinking it, but i'm going to throw it in just to be sure:

Dino Demon is going to power up the coin to world-ending levels somehow.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

It's like giving humanity a literal ex-human now dog in the fight was a bad idea. I love how he's talking like he's devolved a bunch people when he literally only nailed two high school kids. With Stewart's coin in play all bets are off, throw the dinosaur demon in and there's no telling what could happen. With all this magic in play everyone could be doomed...or everyone including Stewart and Trinket could be saved by divine intervention.
JamesTCat wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:32 am Actually, it's very simple yet dark solution. Stewart could actually aim to take the ferrets' lives.
It's never quite that simple. Ask the clown that tried to take out the Batman.
leinglo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:27 am ...How is Steward getting electricity in that hideout?
He steals it. That or clean burning propane with a generator.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Am I the only one who thought Steward's tail was part of his leg?
leinglo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:27 am ...How is Steward getting electricity in that hideout?
And he's human, he actually knows how those things work
Ash Greytree wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:11 am The Dino Demon returns!
...what gives you that idea?
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keene, my devious little friend,
perhaps you should leave out the bribes
when you’re extolling your good plan
as not every viewer imbibes.
Some watch every word you say,
looking for the ‘shoe drop’ down side;
looking for the one poisoned thing
to turn water to cyanide.
But, when you’re facing true evil,
a Keene charm can’t be said to hurt;
I wonder how many will spot
his collar comes without a shirt?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Frank wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:56 am
Ash Greytree wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:11 am The Dino Demon returns!
...what gives you that idea?
Hes in the lower left of the last panel and in the tags.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Be interested to see how many of these new animals feature.
Disproportionately Dappled
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, "bad money drives out the good" so economists say. This probably isn't what they meant, though......
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

The ferrets always win. They have a long history of winning.
Frank wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:56 am Am I the only one who thought Steward's tail was part of his leg?
And he's human, he actually knows how those things work
That list could easily turn into Cave Johnson's rant about burning things down with lemons.

"He says what we're all thinking!"
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

I see you hiding in the corner, "Neel." I'm eager to see what comes of that little dino demon. ;w;
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

This looks like a very interesting arc. On another note, Trinket either isn’t very bright or doesn’t understand language very well.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Hmm....*sees the title, then what month's it's starting*...I'm calling it now: Steward will make a deal with Dino Demon that will fail badly for him, causing the appearance of the Housepets version of Pinhead to drag him to the Netherworld.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
JackeyAmmy21

Post by JackeyAmmy21 »

Everyone's focused on the fact that the demon is here but... is no one gonna ask how? and why? is he here? Because, holy cow, in just two strips this arc is beginning to look fabulous
Argent

Post by Argent »

trekkie wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:02 amOn another note, Trinket either isn’t very bright or doesn’t understand language very well.
Animals misunderstanding figures of speech is a fine old Housepets! tradition.

Speaking of Trinket, how long is it since we saw Cilantro?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

JackeyAmmy21 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:27 am Everyone's focused on the fact that the demon is here but... is no one gonna ask how? and why? is he here? Because, holy cow, in just two strips this arc is beginning to look fabulous
... and ominous.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Legotron123 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:10 am How. How was this stupid plan going to crush them Steward? You absolute moron.
It could still work. The plan was to get the ECP to fail by increasing the demand on its funding until the Milton ferrets could no longer afford to run it. Whether or not his actions are helping achieve their other goals of legal equality for animals is irrelavent to his revenge.

The problem Steward is going to run into is that the more humans-turned-animals there are, the more this looks like a problem for the government to handle. The ECP may be a net-loss for the Miltons, but (ideally) it's the government's role to spend tax money on essential services that aren't profitable. It may get taken out of the ferrets' hands and turned into a social program.

If the government becomes aware and convinced of the fact that humans can get transmogrified by force, it's also likely that a manhunt badgerhunt would be launched to capture Steward, since the trail's gone cold for local law enforcement.
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

VeryAngryDeer wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:27 am If the government becomes aware and convinced of the fact that humans can get transmogrified by force, it's also likely that a manhunt badgerhunt would be launched to capture Steward, since the trail's gone cold for local law enforcement.
Or worse, someone sees it as a plausible weapon and come after him to get that power for themselves. It doesn't even have to be the government, what would Jess, Bino, Duchess, or Gale use with that kind of firepower? Even someone well meaning with that kind of unearthly ability could fast cause serious damage, imagine the wolf cubs or Sasha flinging that power around reckless even without malicious intent. What if a human got a hold of it without transforming and still weaponized it? And if Craig or Draig get that power...gulp. When things get magical they go off the rails fast.

If you are human and live in a 20-mile radius of Babylon Gardens now might be a good time to take that trip out of town you've been meaning to do all year. Now may be a good time to reflect on your life and pray to whatever deity / celestial entity you believe in.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Considering Halloween is on a Saturday this year, something tells me we'll be in for a shock on the 30th...
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

Argent wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:55 am Speaking of Trinket, how long is it since we saw Cilantro?

He hasn't been seen since the hot springs, but in the last few appearances Trinket wasn't around.

I'm wondering if Steward's hideout is Cory's current or former den from when Jessica kicked him out though. Although they were sharing a bed in the hot springs arc it's still not clear whether Jessica let him back in the treehouse.
SeanWolf wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:04 am Hmm....*sees the title, then what month's it's starting*...I'm calling it now: Steward will make a deal with Dino Demon that will fail badly for him, causing the appearance of the Housepets version of Pinhead to drag him to the Netherworld.
I'm wondering if it also implies that there will be a puzzle of some sort that has to be solved to send dino demon back.
Last edited by D-Rock on Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod Edit: please use the edit button to add more to your most recent post.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Elwood Blutarsky wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:42 am
VeryAngryDeer wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:27 am If the government becomes aware and convinced of the fact that humans can get transmogrified by force, it's also likely that a manhunt badgerhunt would be launched to capture Steward, since the trail's gone cold for local law enforcement.
Or worse, someone sees it as a plausible weapon and come after him to get that power for themselves. It doesn't even have to be the government
This reminded me of the scene from Ark Of The Covenant where the artefact gets put away in a government hangar.

... and now I just remembered the series Warehouse 13 exists. This'd be right up their alley.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

And it's so, Mrs. Gelato, you should be a lunatic, too. ;) Indeed, Keene, it goes all at your advantage to reach that goal, but there's always the risk of not being able to satisfy a constantly increasing number of new members... :| That plan of yours isn't working, Steward, and someone should take you away that coin... :roll: Eheh, he used a metaphor, Trinket, he hasn't an hammer for real. :P What an idiom, yep. :lol: Oh, the black demon is barely noticeable in the last panel. :) What is it doing there? :?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm thinking that once Steward finally is successful at bankrupting and ruining the ECP that he should start to teach Trinket about idioms and how they work. :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:32 pm I'm thinking that once Steward finally is successful at bankrupting and ruining the ECP that he should start to teach Trinket about idioms and how they work. :lol:
Trinket looks very bright and spunky since last we saw her. Maybe working with a former accountant is more rewarding than an inept skunk.

THE COIN as a weapon system? Edward, that is seriously sinister!
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Keene wears a collar
But he's not going to holler,
The ECP's on a run,
But for Steward, that's not as fun.

So humans have to peel their eyes
Lest they find themselves a nice surprise,
They've suddenly grown claws and fur,
They're smaller than they ever were.

That's all part of Steward's plan,
It equalizes mam and man,
But the ECP has yet to fall
As more critters heed its call.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Jixstun

Post by Jixstun »

I don't think the 'rules' for what the coin turns you into were ever nailed down, were they? That could mean someone is equally likely end up on 4 legs & no opposable digits (like Thomas) rather than Lois or Marion.

So if for instance, someone gets Transformed into a Deer, Camel or Horse, do they have no option but to go live in a forest/nature reserve, Zoo or Stable? Thomas deserves what he's got, but if someone innocent is transformed like him can they refuse such a relocation even if it probably would be more comfortable for them? Do they still have their rights, & if not, can the ECP help them?
Last edited by Jixstun on Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... and will there emerge a discrimination line in the ECP, privileging "Birthright" animals over formerly human "COIN-causation" critters? Will some pigs "become more equal than others"?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Somehow I don't think that either Keene or Lana thought that part would be something that would be a problem. :|
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:51 am Somehow I don't think that either Keene or Lana thought that part would be something that would be a problem. :|
Where's Karl Marx Faust when we really need him?? Oh ... right ... :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

We can get him but we would need a ouija board and maybe a psychic.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:55 pm We can get him but we would need a ouija board and maybe a psychic.
Well, just grab Tarot. I'm sure she has a board.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't know. Has she been shown to be able to communicate with the deceased?