What Are You Doing Today?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: What Are You Doing Today?

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Going to play a round of Scrabble with the computer so that I can get tired enough to sleep.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Final packing before I move out tomorrow aaa
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Unpacking from visit with the youngest daughter. Good time in the woods.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Watching the rain come down from the remnants of Laura that we got and HOPING we don't lose power again for three days.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

You’ll be okay, Nathan. I do remember it being stressful the first couple of years, then my parents and I just realized we could send things by mail, a bit less stressful.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Nathan Kerbonaut

Thanks for the reassurement, trekkie. It means a lot. Thank god for the internet so I can keep in contact with my family. Change is nerve wracking but I know this is good for me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Getting ready to go to the beach tomorrow.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Made a Official DeviantArt Account for the Kingkaiger Series.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trying to get all my sites back up in Safari since I had to reset the browser to get rid of some adware that kept making me use the Yahoo search engine.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Catching up on correspondence and stacks of magazines, bills, and mail solicitations. Another reason to keep a snow shovel around.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

NHWestoN wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:27 pm Catching up on correspondence and stacks of magazines, bills, and mail solicitations. Another reason to keep a snow shovel around.
You too, huh? When I went to the Jersey shore earlier this summer, I came home to find a bunch of mail, I guess you don’t (at least I don’t) think about how much mail you get until you see it piled up.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Went back to the old house to help my now-widowed aunt who lived in the apartment below us with my deceased uncle and my deceased grandparents pack up and throw things away.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:55 pm Went back to the old house to help my now-widowed aunt who lived in the apartment below us with my deceased uncle and my deceased grandparents pack up and throw things away.
That can't be easy; be well.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trust me it wasn't. That and it was on two different fronts. The first was having to keep the memories from flooding back and distracting me and the second was going through the house and packing things up and throwing things away because there was definitely some heavy **** that we had to deal with.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Cleaning this September. Then once the new chair comes in (Since the old one is breaking to the point I had to trash it before it collapsed) I am defiantly going to work on my fanfiction's upcoming episode.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Starting a new college course.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trying to get on top of these allergies I have apparently.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:38 am Trying to get on top of these allergies I have apparently.
Totally off topic, I like your new avatar. :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Thanks. A friend of mine who is an artist and trying to do his own comic and whose DA/FA profile is linked in my signature was the one who drew it for me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Coronavirus ... Shmoronavirus, we're goin' out for ice cream and taking Sophie to the beach.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Getting ready because tomorrow I'm turning 28 which is close to 30 and I still don't feel like an adult.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:31 pm Getting ready because tomorrow I'm turning 28 which is close to 30 and I still don't feel like an adult.
Me neither.....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You must have began being an adult at some point and just didn't realize it considering the fact that you had a job and were in the military.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:00 pm You must have began being an adult at some point and just didn't realize it considering the fact that you had a job and were in the military.
Thank you, Professor Edward's Acting 101-102 course!! Couldn'ta made it through the last half-century without it!! ;)

"In life, a person must play many roles ..." Shakespeare (paraphrased).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Today I finished cleaning out a fire pit that we had which came with the house. We live in a very wooded area. Why would the previous owners need a fire pit? All it takes is one ember and I'm sure a large part of Johnston, RI will be burned to the ground.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Changing the batteries in the smoke alarms - which requires climbing a step ladder, geeeee-gh!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Finally finally FINALLY finished cleaning up the old house and making it as spotless and as tidy as we could before the closing which will happen on the 16th.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

I have some emails to send to my professor today, and aside from that I need to get back on my exercise routine that I've been neglecting.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Dentist appointment. Not a favorite even before Covid, less so now.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Indulging myself with a bag of Pepperidge Farm soft chocolate chip cookies.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

NHWestoN wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:30 pm Dentist appointment. Not a favorite even before Covid, less so now.
Yeah, never liked the dentist myself.
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:58 pm Indulging myself with a bag of Pepperidge Farm soft chocolate chip cookies.
Yum!

I’m working a little on my fanfics and looking up science experiments for a coworker.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... and now I'm recovering from the dentist visit. I'm also recovering from learning that yesterday was NOT the final implants visit. :o Sigh.... :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trying to accept that the old house has been closed on and we are never going back nor will we ever in our lifetimes. :cry:
Nathan Kerbonaut

I'm still here, just busy! Posting this tonight cuz I won't have time tomorrow. My campus is hosting a STEM career fair and I scheduled a one-on-one meeting with an actuary. They're from an insurance company that has a summer internship opening I really want. It's only a ten minute session, but I'm a nervous wreck yet super excited because this is one the big one that could lead to the job.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:38 pm I'm still here, just busy! Posting this tonight cuz I won't have time tomorrow. My campus is hosting a STEM career fair and I scheduled a one-on-one meeting with an actuary. They're from an insurance company that has a summer internship opening I really want. It's only a ten minute session, but I'm a nervous wreck yet super excited because this is one the big one that could lead to the job.
Break a leg! ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Recovering. My ribs are still sore from where they were smashed with an airbag.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Good luck Nathan, you’ll do fine, and if they don’t take you it’s their loss.

Hope you’re feeling better Dayzee, injured ribs are no fun. Taking it easy is probably the best thing to do though.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:49 pm Recovering. My ribs are still sore from where they were smashed with an airbag.
Yow! That sounds like an accident. You okay? My neighbor was smacked off his motorcycle at an intersection and he's hospitalized with a number of broken bones.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Thanks guys. The discussion went quite well. It was more open-ended than I expected, which threw my planning a bit off. But it still went great and I'm glad I got myself out there. I've heard only amazing things about that company so I hope this leads to something. :)

I'm sorry to hear that, Amazee. Get well soon!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm working on it. I am still so sore but I'm here.