What Are You Doing Today?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: What Are You Doing Today?

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Finally got around to going to Bob's so that I could get a bedroom set so I don't have to have everything in my room in boxes. Before that we went to the cemetery to see if my grandmother's name was finally added to the grave. After a few weeks of waiting it finally was.

Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Family gathering for my grandpa's birthday.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Attending my cousin's daughters' sweet 16 birthday party which won't exactly be sweet for her since it is not big and limited to family. Surprised we made the cut, as the person whose party it is actually is my aunt's granddaughter meaning that she's my first cousin once removed and my mother's grandniece. Though to be fair, her mother (my first cousin) really likes me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Various on-line stuff. Sophie hiding under the desk. Missus is using kitchen appliances and Sophie HATES machinery noises!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The party really was nice but now I am processing some news which I got and it makes me feel selfish that I feel this way.

We got an offer on the house that was FAR more than the asking price but it means the house isn't staying in the family. So I will never be able to see it again after the new owners move in. I should be happy because of the extra money that everybody is getting but I'm very sad about it. Truly is the end of an era.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Finally finished Chapter 1 of my novel so now I'm editing it.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:59 am The party really was nice but now I am processing some news which I got and it makes me feel selfish that I feel this way.

We got an offer on the house that was FAR more than the asking price but it means the house isn't staying in the family. So I will never be able to see it again after the new owners move in. I should be happy because of the extra money that everybody is getting but I'm very sad about it. Truly is the end of an era.
It's funny. When we sold the house in North Carolina, we let go of our home of a quarter-of-a-century. It was an older house and there were a lot of aggravations and frustrations that went with it. The worst came when, after having it on the market for four months, a rainstorm revealed that an oil storage tank lay under the backyard, quite unknow. We had to call in the EPA (Guess what, NHWestoN, you're a polluter - Mobile Oil, Duke Energy, and YOU!!) and dig it up. That's when we discovered a second tank. Much digging, much soil testing, and much money later, we got all the "baby cobras" resolved. (When Dad got into a situation wit multiple problems, it wasn't "a can or worms", it was a "basket of baby cobras!" - I always liked that imagery.)

So when we finally got it sold - on Valentine's Day this year - I was more than relieved. I don't want to think what going into our current COVID crisis would have done to its sales prospects. :cry: ................................... and yet ................................... there is a part of me that, like you, feels a genuine loss at mailing off the last housekeys. Usually, when as you said , "an era passes", we miss the borderline of the transition. Enough shadows from the old time remain to partly disguise and distract us from the new.

And, in your case, Amazz, your transition is underscored by family dynamics that are also wrenching and sad, that element of real finality in stark clarity. That, dear, I cannot match but I can understand. Warmest.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Just bought this megaton of an Tabletop RPG series called "Cartoon Action Hour: Season 3" and it's numerous series books. I bought them all from DriveThruRPG and I must say with confidence that hopefully I can make a SPLAT of a fan expansion based off of the Toei Tokusatsus for this RPG System.

You guys here may even have your own resident Gokaigers in the Roleplaying boards. That is if I can make the Fan Expansions work out well.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Preparing to watch my soap opera and trying to get my OCD under control.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Garbage, yardwork, recycle, and avoiding the heat. Yeah, those are sorta contradictory and mutually-exclusive.....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trying to figure out why the fan on my computer is now running non-stop when it didn't before.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

I'm looking to do some cleanup work around the house while listening to a podcast or two, as well as some exercise on the bike afterward.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Shopping for stuff I need for moving out and attending some virtual college information seminars.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Dropping off absentee ballot requests at the Town Hall for myself and the missus.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trying to get over this stuffy nose that I have and hope that it is just allergies. Ironically it started after I accidentally took some ZzzQuil last night to sleep (I was stressed because we had no power) but it turned out it was DayQuil instead.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Keepin' outta the heat.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Worrying about the bees nest that my father disturbed under our rotting deck when we were doing yard work because I didn't see the bees but they did come out and stung him good several times. He actually was out in the street hopping around to get them off of him while I ran for the hills.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yellowjackets are a common problem here so I'm sympathetic. If you're allergic to the stings, it's really not good.
Picking up new reading glasses today. Lost the old ones doing yardwork. Another reason to let the botanicals run wild.....
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Continuing work on my Fanfiction. Thinking of adding in a certain business woman and her son as technical support for our heroes. How they enter the fray will vary from just being stowaways to actually having a massive share of the NASADA Orginazation but regardless I'm looking forward to working on it even more.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just finished cleaning up our backyard and it looks awesome! We know just need to get our rotting deck fixed.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Picked up my new reading glasses - all your avatars look so amazing now!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Taking it easy cuz I caught a mild stomach bug that's going around. Watching the Brewers game - we're winning!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Zoom Church then Zoom gathering with our three kids and their spouses. I feel sooooo 21st Century!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Going over to the old house (where my aunt and uncle still live) so we can talk with my aunt about funeral arrangements for my uncle. :cry:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Cleaning old lumber out of the attic.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trying to pick an affordable bunch of flowers for my uncle's funeral.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Cardiologist annual exam. All the precautions made it seriously weird....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Worrying that my now widowed aunt might not be able to take being alone and would do something bad. Made even more worse because her brother committed suicide several years ago.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Keep her close, folks.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hard to do it now since we now live 25 minutes away from her.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I hope she’ll be okay. Keeping you all in my prayers.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Nathan Kerbonaut

Every gesture is appreciated, and a nice call might help her a lot. My heart and prayers go out to you all.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Today I was trying to find a way to move past everything and come to terms with it all until my mother came in my room and told me that my OTHER uncle (one of my aunt's husband) is now also ill and in the hospital. He was taken out by rescue. Not even joking. He was feverish and sweating profusely and couldn't stop shaking.

You have GOT to be ******* kidding me. If I could acquire a taste for alcohol guess what I would be doing now? :roll:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Proof-reading a book chapter for a friend; I'm a little under the weather and it puts me to sleep better than NyQ*****.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You should try Zzzquil then. That stuff works really great and helps a lot.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

The parents rented a little lake-lodge for a week.
They've invited my brother and I (and our aunt) up to join them for the day.

We're all just getting ready to get in the car. :D

Only thing that could make this better is if I wasn't the only one of us who could drive it :mrgreen:
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trying to shake off the effects of the Benadryl allergy medication I took for my congestion. Good lord is this stuff potent.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Did a quick test of my new game capture card and...YAY it works!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hoping that I can get to sleep tonight since its almost 12:30 and I don't feel tired.
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

You haven't heard from me in a while, since I'm not paying too much attention to the comic these days, BUT:

Classes were cancelled from noon 8/26 through the end of the week due to Hurricane Laura. It's only supposed to be Cat 1 at the strongest where I'm at, further inland and a bit to the west of the cone, but I get to head to Wally World tomorrow to pick up some non-internet based entertainment in case power/internet goes down, since I packed spartan this semester and left all mine at home. I also get to order a new pair of earbuds, since my $80 TWS died today :( Probably going with Soundcore Spirit Dot 2's.