Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

NHWestoN

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by NHWestoN »

Going home, always good - especially when its from the hospital.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Glad to hear your mom is home, Rock, keeping her and you all in my prayers.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: Tomorrow I have to pack up my room for the move and because there is SO much stuff in here that is also junk I am a bit anxious.

A lot actually. AAHHH!
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

Several things to recap since my last post:

Wednesday night I was moving laundry tweaked something in my shoulder after an awkward reach into the washing machine. It must've caught a nerve or artery, since no more than 20 seconds later I was out cold on the floor. I was lucky I didn't fall backwards down the stairs. I was only out for half a minute or so before coming to, and wasn't any the worse for wear. Bed was my next destination, in any case.

On Tuesday, the nest book in my favorite series, Destroyermen, released. Always excited for the yearly release. My jubilation quickly turned to dismay when I found out that this was the last book in the series. Talk about emotional whiplash. Just finished it today. After 7 years of following the series, and 12 since the first 3 books were released, I finally finished the series. Tears were shed. I feel like I just lost a loved one.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:55 pm Sorrow: Tomorrow I have to pack up my room for the move and because there is SO much stuff in here that is also junk I am a bit anxious.

A lot actually. AAHHH!
JUst take it all. It's when you unpack and have to find places for it all that you start to realize what you really value. At least, that's how it worked for us.

It'll end - when it does, go get ice cream. Good luck and good goings! ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It's just that my mother insists I store of a lot of crud in my room and I will be going through all of that as well as stuff that I haven't used and is DECADES old at this point and then the dust I have to vacuum and clean.

Oh, and under my bed is a computer graveyard so there is that.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Joy: This post represents eleven thousand one hundred and eleven posts ... It's a parade of one's, like a squad, see 1 and 1 and 1 and 1 and 1. 11111 marching along and ... okay, it was a passing fixation. I'm done now. :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Don't know why that is a joy but then again I can't really comment since there are things that make me happy which if I told you would make you think I was insane.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:06 pm Don't know why that is a joy but then again I can't really comment since there are things that make me happy which if I told you would make you think I was insane.
A few minor derangements adds piquancy to life, eh?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I’ve always thought so.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Consider it a trophy for being an upstanding member of the community :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I do remember that when I hit 666 posts I was so in fear of something happening I made a post that didn't have any substance to it somewhere so I could not worry about it anymore. LOL
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:11 am I do remember that when I hit 666 posts I was so in fear of something happening I made a post that didn't have any substance to it somewhere so I could not worry about it anymore. LOL
Really? I remember in Korea someone told me that hotels in Asia often skip the number "4" because it's bad luck. Never really verified that. I don't remember what I did after i hit 666 but I'm pretty sure the next entry registered "667". ;)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I recall in Japan, four is unlucky because it sounds like their word for “death.” Superstitions vary by region.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Also by family it seems. My mother told me when I was young and told me when I broke the mirror a few days ago that the 7 years bad luck clause is only in effect if your age is an increment of 7. So that would be 7, 14, 21, 28, 35. etc. I know of nobody else who follows this rule. It's a good thing I wasn't a year older then. :P
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Joy: I've achieved my college diploma!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Congratulations, CunningFox! Great job!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Congratulations on gaining your diploma also! I am sure that you feel really marvelous about it!
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Joy: Installed Slackware after a tedious process of using command lines. Note that I will be learning how to launch things through command line but other than that I am set with a fresh start. Better learn how to compile programs as well as make command line "launching commands" for specific emulated games as well.

Heck, I'll have to learn how to make the most of it as well as have a open office compatible word processor to continue my fanfiction.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
Nathan Kerbonaut

Congrats CunningFox :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Bravo, CunningFox!! That's no small achievement, especially these days. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: We finally were able to move some stuff over from the old house to the new house.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Thanks, guys!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: One of the koi fish that we have in the pond at the new house somehow just died.
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Sorrow/Annoyance: 11pm at night is a very bad time for you the fuse for the lights in the fusebox to blow, especially when you can't find your torch. Especially when it keeps tripping when you try to reset it. Guess i'll have to go to bed early and check all of the lights tomorrow...
Joy: It as least didn't affect my devices, so its probably just a light blowing out. But which one? Going to have to hope its not miserable tomorrow..
Joy: My new dishwasher came in this weekend!
Sorrow: I didn't account for space, so I'm going to have to remove the area I use for my pots and pans in the kitchen to set it up. I'm not too handy so I'm going to have to rely on a relative that more handy
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:55 pm Sorrow: One of the koi fish that we have in the pond at the new house somehow just died.
They are such vulnerable creatures....... :cry:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm thinking that it happened because something went wrong with the pump and now we need to figure out how to get it working again. Of course we went back there today and tried but we gave up after 2 hours.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

CunningFox wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:47 pm Joy: I've achieved my college diploma!
Congrats! Sorry about the timing for graduation, though.

Joy: I've got my semester finally planned for the most part, and I'll get a pretty long break before Christmas, which is nice!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sleet wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:00 pm
CunningFox wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:47 pm Joy: I've achieved my college diploma!
Congrats! Sorry about the timing for graduation, though.

Joy: I've got my semester finally planned for the most part, and I'll get a pretty long break before Christmas, which is nice!
Lots to be said for a long break pre-christmas.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I do wish that any classes I take would have that but I don't even know if my next classes I am going to take will be scheduled like that.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:19 pm I do wish that any classes I take would have that but I don't even know if my next classes I am going to take will be scheduled like that.
Yeah, it's probably going to be a loooong and anxious summer for administrators and faculty (NOT to mention students!).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm not sure which states if any will allow students to go back to school.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Finally got an update. The growth they noticed? Results finally came it. It is indeed a tumor.

The good news we got is that it's not aggressive. At least we got a clear view as to what we need to do now. We were also able to find health insurance, so that should help a lot as well. The doctors have already started getting things ready for the need of chemotherapy, thank God for that. Well, we're moving on from here. Please continue to keep her and our family in your prayers.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Nathan Kerbonaut

I'm sorry to hear the diagnosis. Praying for the treatment to be quick and effective. Stay strong.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Prayers and peace.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Sending you and your family my best wishes, D-Rock.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sorry to hear about that. Keeping you all in my prayers. We’re here for you, Rock. Stay strong.

Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Sorrows: A bunch of stuff over this last week had left me in this sour mental state where I was so consumed and fixated with them that I couldn’t get anything done.

Joys: I feel like today went really well compared to the prior 7 days. My getting up early, ducking the sources of fixation and anxiety, and actually having gotten stuff done managed to lift my spirits up. I’m hoping that the same thing can happen tomorrow, as well.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: The furniture company that we have bought the furniture for a new house from won't be delivering it until the 1st and we are planning to move out THIS Friday.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:03 am Sorrow: The furniture company that we have bought the furniture for a new house from won't be delivering it until the 1st and we are planning to move out THIS Friday.
Oh, that's tiresome!