Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

JayBarker

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by JayBarker »

the original one? that's my favorite. Lots of good memories on that thing. My favorite area was the one with Dr.Ned and the zombies.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

JayBarker wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:00 am the original one? that's my favorite. Lots of good memories on that thing. My favorite area was the one with Dr.Ned and the zombies.
Yep, the original one (I have both the original and the GOTY HD port on XBox One...along with Borderlands 2, 3, and The PreSequel) and I LOVE the Dr.Ned DLC...though I hated the tiny zombies and the Defilers (I THINK that was their names).
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

They're a good series of games~ And yeah, the tinys were completely awful. I remember playing through that whole thing as Brick The last undead dragon boss was pretty unexpected but I liked it.

Well nice man, get it off the game pass? Or did you buy it?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

JayBarker wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:18 am They're a good series of games~ And yeah, the tinys were completely awful. I remember playing through that whole thing as Brick The last undead dragon boss was pretty unexpected but I liked it.

Well nice man, get it off the game pass? Or did you buy it?
I love the introduction to the last boss of the DLC XD

No, I bought them all myself throughout the years :) I bought Borderlands and Borderlands 2 day 1...I then got the Handsome Collection for XBox One, followed by Borderlands 3 for my Birthday. Borderlands GOTY I bought just a few days ago :)
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Ah, avid fan. I can get that. Well, I just asked because like, I think all of it is on game pass and that's a pretty good deal. Personally I think game pass is the only reason to have a Xbone, but that's a discussion for another time.

anyways yeah, it was some great writing from that I remembered. Infact, I think one had the best comedic writing in the whole series. But to be fair I never beat the other games after one.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

And thus the final dying gasp of the PS Vita has ended, for Persona 4 Golden is now on Steam.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

I've never went out of my way to play the persona series, Minus persona area, but I'm told its very fun and this move to PC was very much wanted. Is that true? any PC players here dying to play this game?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I never played the Golden version of the game, as I didn't have a Vita, but I did play the original PS2 release. Telling you now, it's a very "slow burn" game. The prologue alone takes quite a while to get through. But I found it to be a pretty great game.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

I've honestly never heard anything but good things. As for slow burns, slowest burn I know is the beginning of KH2 with that 2-3 hours tutorial section.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

It’s definitely slower than that. At least three hours of mostly cutscenes, occasionally interrupted by very brief moments where you control your character to either save the game or do whatever one thing you need to do in order to progress.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Oh. that IS a pretty slow burn.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

It’s at least an 80 hour game though, so it’s not like a huge percentage of your time playing is spent doing that, but it does take quite a while to get to the meat of things.

JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

I guess that's fine them. I personally don't believe I have the patience to play a persona game. But, sometimes I do. my biggest problem is I'm unga bunga and can't really stomach turn based games. It's why I've never really played a Final Fantasy outside of 15.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

WHO’S READY FOR POKÉMON SNAP 2 BABY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

YOOOOOO LETS GOOOOOO

LET ME SEE THAT NEW DLSR
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It only took 7 generations and 21 years for there to be a sequel for Pokemon Snap. XD
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

I'm saddened by the Kingdom Hearts Rhythm game though. that was . . .pretty upsetting to me personally. Unless that somehow progresses the story.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

You did see the second half of the trailer right? It’s pretty clear the story is getting advanced. Even if it wasn’t though, I’d still be so excited. With the soundtrack the franchise has, a Kingdom Hearts rhythm game is something we should’ve gotten YEARS ago.

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:04 pm It only took 7 generations and 21 years for there to be a sequel for Pokemon Snap. XD
But really it's not the kind of game we need frequently.

But I'm excited! I liked the first a lot as a kid! I appreciate getting to see more Pokémon as living, breathing creatures rather than just sprites and loops.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

And see just how many different situations Pikachu can get into. Seriously, there were so many "special" Pikachu photo ops you could find. Can't remember which one was worth the most points, was it Balloon Pikachu? So hard to even unlock, just as hard to get a good picture.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The special shot of Pikachu that would get you the most points is the "Flying Pikachu" picture. You take a picture of it as it is flying on Articuno.

Of course, the picture that will get you the most amount of points if if you can get a good picture of Mew.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

You did see the second half of the trailer right? It’s pretty clear the story is getting advanced. Even if it wasn’t though, I’d still be so excited. With the soundtrack the franchise has, a Kingdom Hearts rhythm game is something we should’ve gotten YEARS ago.
I actually didn't. I just kinda disappointment quit after seeing the game play up till uhh . . .Agrahba or something I think. I also don't know if I agree with the rhythm game needing to happen, but I can understand it. I can easily say the series has some bangers.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

I hoped to make this post last week, but my local post office messed up big time. Earlier this month I bought a copy of Frontier: Elite II off eBay. It was supposed to arrive last week Wednesday, but it was delayed and then lost my local post office. By the grace of god it was finally found and delivered today. Or so I think. Of all places, I found it next to my garage's side door. I haven't looked around there in a while so who knows how long it's been sitting there. Fortunately it's still in excellent condition.

I'm a big Elite fan so of course I've been stocked to get this. The game is available online for free, but I bought the full set because it includes the original packaging and everything that came inside, which includes three handbooks and a poster in addition to the game. I'm looking forward to reading it all and putting it on display. :D

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nice!

As for me, 100%'d DOOM ETERNAL this week (LOVE the game), so gonna try to do 'Extra Lives Mode' this weekend (memorized every secret and 1-Up location so I should be good).

Also, just random, but why do half of the operators in Rainbow Six: Siege look like they belong in a Saturday Morning Cartoon?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

D-Rock wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:10 pm And see just how many different situations Pikachu can get into. Seriously, there were so many "special" Pikachu photo ops you could find. Can't remember which one was worth the most points, was it Balloon Pikachu? So hard to even unlock, just as hard to get a good picture.
I totally forgot about all that! I do hope that they keep doing stuff like that, though. Just with more Pokémon. Make their behavior more surprising and feel less scripted!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Congrats on your gaming accomplishments and accomplishments. It's great to get a piece of merch for something you really love. and did that thing say it was for the amiga? or am I miss understading? so that series is that old?

And I can get behind doom. I love the game play. Though, personally I mostly played the multiplayer because I love how smooth the controls and shooting feel.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Been doing another playthrough of the original three Halo games + Halo 3: ODST (Not doing the 343 games or Reach, the former being I hate those entries and the later is...eh didn't feel like it lol). If I had to rank 'em from Worst To Best, it'd go:

(Worst) Halo 5: Guardians
Halo 4
Halo 2
Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo 3
Halo: Reach
(Best) Halo 3: ODST
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What is so bad about Halo 5 that you don't like it?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:53 pm What is so bad about Halo 5 that you don't like it?
To me, it and Halo 4 ruined what made the Halo games great. The original games from Bungie had this campy feeling to them with the right amount of comedy and drama that felt realistic at times. Gunplay felt tight and I always felt that I was in control of this super-soldier. Halos 4 and 5, however, just feel like a generic science fiction Call Of Duty clone with a new storyline that is more concern on being overly-dramatic with explosive set-pieces (Plus, Halo 5 ranks up there as one of the worst games I've played).
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

I won't say much on the subject of whether or not the halo series has fallen or not. I've played all the games but 5, and I never personally payed any attention to the story because it was always in a group of 4 or so. But I can critique the gameplay feel. Personally I thought 4 has the tightest, and least janky game play. Mostly because 1-3 I knew all the jank and was well practiced in it. I enjoy halo 4, but, you're right that after a bit it definitely felt kinda boring and less . . . Halo feeling. Just felt like a decent sci-fi shooter.

if I had to rank them all on game play feel

Worst

Halo C:E
Halo 2
Halo odst
Halo 3
Halo 2 (remaster)
Reach
Halo 4

And Halo 5 a solid (?)

but if I had to do a fun list

Worst

Halo 4
Halo odst
Halo 2
Halo CE
Halo 3
Reach
Halo 2 Remake

Just personal opinions. I don't enjoy the non-bungie games as much, but I personally think they did pretty good on the remakes and such. Not the infrastructure of online and what not. Just how it looks and feels.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Decided to play Kingdom Hearts 3 on Critical Mode, the hardest difficulty available.

I can’t beat the tutorial boss.

Apparently bull-rushing an enemy is no longer a viable tactic.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

D-Rock wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:58 pm Decided to play Kingdom Hearts 3 on Critical Mode, the hardest difficulty available.

I can’t beat the tutorial boss.

Apparently bull-rushing an enemy is no longer a viable tactic.
Nah, its KH3. It's still good. However, you just have to pull off at 3 specific points.

2 if you're lucky. also, if you managed to keep Oathkeeper and Oblivion that helps the run.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Have to beat Critical to get Oblivion, though. I do have Oathkeeper. But Ultima should have transferred over as well, shouldn’t it?
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Oh. If you Have ultima it should easy. But its basically a one hit run. You still deal massive damage but you a glass cannon.

But that first mandatory boss with the Kingdom key is gonna be a pain if you're not actually careful.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

How would you feel if there is a fan project that is Super Smash Brothers Ultimate with it's feature filled awesomeness multiplied by a thousand while powered by the Doom Engine with modding intended as it already have all the stages, characters, items, assists, and even modes and even including stuff from various mods?

It's something for a thesis.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Depends, how does this Doom engine change things?
Dogglar

Post by Dogglar »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:27 am I may be the only person on this site who plays Elite Dangerous, but something big worth sharing just went down. Last night Frontier Developments accidentally uploaded a reveal trailer for next year's big DLC update, whose contents were under wraps until now. The trailer was taken down shortly thereafter, but reuploads are available. It's obvious that ED's two most requested features, space legs (getting out of the pilot's chair and walking around) and atmospheric planet landing (currently only atmosphere-lacking planets can be landed on and explored), will be added under the title Elite Dangerous Odyssey. I'm reserving my glee until an official word, but that can't stop a little bit of hype :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxleLJ1 ... e=youtu.be
I play ED but I don't have Horizons so I can't land :cry:

Also I finally get to enjoy MCC because it came to PC. It just took them almost a full year to release Forge
B.E.A.R. PMC
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Dogglar wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:57 pmI play ED but I don't have Horizons so I can't land :cry:
o7 CMDR
Horizons is 100% worth it IMO. It unlocks so much stuff it's practically a whole new game. But if you have your reasons for not getting it I respect that.
Dogglar

Post by Dogglar »

Well it's largely because I don't have money xd
B.E.A.R. PMC
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Anybody interested in the few "Next Gen" games announced? Outside of Spider-man, I am pretty interested in the game "Hood".