Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

NHWestoN

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by NHWestoN »

Good evening for it. Maybe iced coffee... and just a drop of bourbon in it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My mother got cinnamon buns from "Wright's Farm" and they taste good especially since you have a container where you can put the amount of their homemade frosting on it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:08 pm Joy: My mother got cinnamon buns from "Wright's Farm" and they taste good especially since you have a container where you can put the amount of their homemade frosting on it.
Ah, life's little indulgences.... :D
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

They sound yummy.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trust me they were. I was just glad to have come before my father ended up scarfing them all done in one sitting.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The only good indulgence is gross indulgence. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: More cinnamon buns! Yay!
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

I like anything with cinnamon.
But I don't get to have those cinnamon rolls too often. Doesn't help that I hate raisins :(
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The cinnamon buns that my mother got over here actually don't have raisins in them. I can't say I ever heard of them having raisins. That is something new I just learned.
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

Power went out for an hour or so at work today. Which is a problem, since I work at a grocery store, and since it was 90+ today, all our refrigerated and frozen goods were warming quickly. Luckily, power was restored much sooner than expected (a transformer blew), and since I'm in the ecommerce department, I was basically hiding away and avoiding any extra work anyway.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Joy: Making some great fortifying progress. I will have the tv movie pilot of my fan fiction's side series (GT Warrior) by the 27th of this month. Also, I'm improving my lifestyle to go with it. This includes working on my fan fiction every chance I get.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sorrow: Found a large yellowjacket nest in one of our gutters.
Joy: The yellowjackets didn't find ME! ;)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Always a blessing when you can avoid being stung.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

There have been times when some of my family have found nests with bees in them and they had to be taken down. I remember twice we had hornet's nests around that my father who was in pest control was able to remove.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

They've been quiet today - maybe they're not nesting but hunting some other insects living in the gutter dross.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: Today I've been feeling more on the ball and on task than I have in a really long time. I've adjusted my sleep schedule to where I can wake up good and well at around 9AM.

Sorrows: I have to make sure I can maintain this routine and not slack off or over-extend myself with my newfound morning time that's available to me. Definitely have to avoid breakfast foods and coffee, since those are what messed me up the most the last time I was on such a good schedule.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But you are gonna have to eat something because if you don't you will have a hard time concentrating on things.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Try five small meals, spaced out over a normal waking period.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: We STILL have a lot of junk we need to throw away and to pack before we can move. My mother definitely is the definition of a hoarder.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:55 pm Sorrow: We STILL have a lot of junk we need to throw away and to pack before we can move. My mother definitely is the definition of a hoarder.
Y'know, we thought we did a good job of de-accumulating but, when you get to your new abode, it's just amazing that there's just not enough places for all the treasures you'd still kept .... ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm hoping that will be the case for my mother so we don't have to worry about her keep EVERYTHING that she ends up coming across and only looking at briefly.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: I got outside and got some much needed sun, sitting down and reading a book for about half an hour. It was incredibly satisfying.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Went grocering at the farmer's mart. Lovely day.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Stocked up on groceries again.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think WestoN and trekkie got this topic mixed up with the "What Are You Doing Today?" topic. :P
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Sorrow: My mom was admitted to the hospital the other day. She had issues with her gallbladder that required it to be removed for a very long time, but no hospital she found would operate on her without payment up front. She doesn't have health insurance. Finally, it was noticed that she was having abdominal pain and yellowing of the eyes, and the doctor at the clinic told her that she needed to have that properly checked as soon as possible. They were able to finally find a hospital that would take her in. Scans show swelling of the liver, likely caused by her gallbladder, but they told us today that there was a growth present as well. Right now, they believe it might be a cancerous growth, so they're going to perform a biopsy tomorrow to be sure, and work from there. What hurts most is that due to the pandemic, they're not letting anyone stay with her overnight, and she's really scared right now.

Look, I almost never bring up personal issues I may be having here or anywhere, but please keep her and my family in your prayers.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

No one should be denied medical care for any reason, least of all inability to pay. That this happens commonly is one of many injustices that cry out to be righted.

I'm very sorry, dude. Please tell me if there's anything I can do.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Oh. That's absolutely horrible. Adding my voice to Diss's, this is heartbreaking, and whatever you need, don't hesitate to reach out.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

That's awful, D-Rock. You and your mother are in my thoughts.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I’m so sorry to hear that, D-Rock, we’re here for you, and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks, everyone.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Gladly, D-Rock. Blessings and speedy recovery to your mother, comforts to you and yours.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am really sorry to hear about all that you are going through. You have my deepest sympathies.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

I'm very sorry to hear that, D-Rock. I'm praying for the best. Stay strong.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I've given my sympathies already, but just as a reminder, we're here for you. I wish you the best in such a tragic time.

Joy: After finishing my first full D&D campaign over the course of three years, I might get to play with those friends and my mate in a new campaign soon! :D
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: My father screwed up with some paperwork so the closing of our new house won't be the 12th.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:37 am Sorrow: My father screwed up with some paperwork so the closing of our new house won't be the 12th.
Sorry to hear that Dayzee. Moving can be some sort of sorrow, like me moving on from certain points in life. (Who knows what lurks in this tokusatsu nut's past? The Moderators knows.)
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

An update; my mom was released from the hospital today. What they did was implant a stint in one of the glands for her liver as it had swollen almost shut. There’s already a noticeable reduction in the yellowing of her eyes and skin. They also removed a sample from the growth they found to test whether or not it’s cancerous. Results could take a few days. For now, she’s home with us.

I will admit, however, that one choice currently concerns me; the doctors insisted that her swollen gallbladder isn’t related to the swollen liver, so we don’t know if they’re going to go ahead with removing it or not.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm glad that your mother is really doing alright Rocky. I will still keep your family in my thoughts.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Nice to have good news, D-Rock.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)