Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:54 pm "Sounds interesting, but it's not anything we're looking to get involved with any more," Hawk replied, rubbing the back of his neck, "Mainly cause of..well, last time we fought someone in hand-to-hand combat? We kind of...broke the guy's back. Was a complete accident as we were trying to simply knock him out for a bounty but we misjudged the punch and ended up breaking their back...lost a good bit of money that day cause of that."
"Bounty hunter, huh?" Eira commented, shifting position to move out of the way of some incoming patrons. "Kind of surprised the Hive let you on the ship. Anyway, injuries like that happen all the time in these fighting competitions. I've broken ribs, limbs, vertebrae, my tail, my jaw, my nose, even got a skull fracture once. The fighters wear stasis triggers, and there are emergency healers on standby that can fix basically anything in a heartbeat if they can get to it fast enough."

----------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:12 am Oop, Jenny thought, over to you 'Professor Stein'. (I'll explain later) She prepared herself for losing control of her mouth and wondered what her voice would sound like.
Legotron123 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:44 pmAnd this is why I asked in advance. Quint said, before suddenly Jenny felt oddly numb. Her body started moving and stretching on it’s own as Quint got used to the way it felt, though it did still feel like she could take control back if she really tried. After a couple seconds of said stretching, Quint looked towards Hivemind and started talking, Jenny’s voice sounding very flat and emotionless under his control. “Ko Sah is a very simple creature to understand. He is petty, arrogant, power hungry, and cruel. He seemed to hold a position of great power during the invasion, though judging by comments he made both back then and this morning, he may have lost that power after Kolt tricked him out of a powerful host. As for the world he comes from, we do not have much to go on, with our information coming entirely from comments made by various Yah Rin. Based off of these comments, the Yah Rin’s home dimension is remarkably small, not even a quarter the size of Concertia. Apparently their invasions are motivated at least in part by this lack of space, as one of them mentioned that they “needed the space more than we did.” Though we have no actual physical evidence of any of this, so I can not say for certain what the truth is.”
"Do you think there's any way we could bait him into revealing information about his homeland or how to operate his portal generator?" Hivemind asked. "Petty and arrogant people love to brag about themselves. They also tend to talk too much in the process."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:12 am"Sounds... gooey," jaken said, a little disdainfully. "Take it Humans like it? They seem to go for goo."
"It's not really gooey unless you melt it." Hivemind said. "It is soft though. By the way, I think Golten and Corvis are going to end up coming to us."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:12 amKeeva listened to the words of her new friend. "So," she asked, "are there many more of you uniques or are you unique in your uniqueness?" She chuckled slightly at her punny wordplay. "Although, of course, you ARE unique in that you have a certain Feline as a friend."
"As far as I know, I am the only one." Predator said. He thought about her last words to him, and how she referred to their relationship. "Friend... I believe the feeling I detect from you when you speak to me is what you refer to as friendship. This is the first time I have encountered it."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:12 amCorvis looked over at the pair in the doorway. "If they stay there much longer," he said 'quietly', "the restaurant may put hinges on one of them so people can open them to get in."
Hannabelle tried not to facepalm.
The Lycan was just finishing his food when he felt his pocket vibrate. He reached down and pulled out his phone to check for the incoming message. "You know, Hivemind, your omniscient observation of everything that goes on in this ship can sometimes get a little eerie." the wolf spoke out to apparently no one in particular. "Apparently, Hivemind heard me suggest the amusement park because he just messaged me. There's someone he thinks your boys should meet there. Another Celican we helped named Jaken. He's also got a spontaneous case of superpowers."

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:59 pm Tatiana shrugged, "If that ever does happen, be careful. Folks in the Rim don't like meddling. The Rim's a little weird, ya know? But, yeah, things to think of in the future. Where ya headin' to now?" She asked, not to sure what to do herself now that they were back at base.
Recon smiled excitedly. "Well, I was thinking of going to the fighting tournament. I don't usually compete, but those fights are thrilling! I think it's still a couple of hours until it starts, though, soooo...." She shrugged. "I dunno. Any ideas on how to kill a couple hours?"

Legotron123 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:44 pm ”Yeah, that’s one of the questions I don’t think he’ll answer. He may be arrogant, cruel, and petty, but I don’t think he’s the type to betray his empire like that.” Kolt said, thinking back over everything Ko Sah said to try and think of something that could help. ”I never got the impression while he was inside me that he was mad at the people who stripped him of power for his “failure.” He was mad at me for causing said “failure,” and he was mad at the people who used his lowered position to treat him the way he treated them, but he never even mentioned any of the people who didn’t believe him, aside from “proving them wrong” when he brought me back.”
"People like him tend to like to talk too much." Hivemind commented. "We could probably provoke him. Get him to brag about his superiority, or get him insulting us, or get him angry enough... Or..." Hivemind paused. He considered something. Something either reckless or brilliant. "I wonder..."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:43 pm "Bounty hunter, huh?" Eira commented, shifting position to move out of the way of some incoming patrons. "Kind of surprised the Hive let you on the ship. Anyway, injuries like that happen all the time in these fighting competitions. I've broken ribs, limbs, vertebrae, my tail, my jaw, my nose, even got a skull fracture once. The fighters wear stasis triggers, and there are emergency healers on standby that can fix basically anything in a heartbeat if they can get to it fast enough."Something either reckless or brilliant. "

Hawk coughed, "Um actually, we kind of killed him instantly when we broke his back...and it's EX-Bounty Hunter," his tone suddenly shifting, "We gave that life up few years back for many reasons, though the reason one we'll allow you to know is because no one wanted to hire someone that is immortal and, therefore, can not die. Lost out on too many bounties, so we just gave that life up and wanted some to...redeem ourselves."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

He could always just ask, Jenny thought, they always love people whose kindness they think they can exploit.
--------------
"Amusement park," Hannabelle asked with amusement. "They got one of those 'shooting galleries' where you can win the soft toys and they've fixed the guns to not shoot straight?"
"Which is probably the real reason we got thrown out of the state fair," Jenevive grumbled.
"What's he do," Golten asked brightly. "Something useless like Corvis or something useful like me? Ow."
"No kicking your brother," Jenevive warned her youngest.
-------------
"Is there a Laser tag thing here," Jaken asked, hearing that more kids were coming. He reasoned he could look around but there was a Hive right there so... "Coz there probably isn't a hunt training park..."
-----------
"As i say, I envy you, Pred," Keeva admitted, gently 'touching' the screen. "We see all this wonder and hope and... we forget it. Our minds can only take in so much so it all gets... mushed together into general memories. You're seeing it all for the first time, big guy. And you'll store it in memory that, unlike us, you'll never forget."
----------
"Ready when you are, Captain," Corp advised, resetting his HUD stopwatch.
---------
"Youse c'n al'aes still ask," Sarah told Cailean. "There's, like, 'undr'd's of ways ta use explosiv's t' help, like?" She put an arm around Cailean's shoulders.
--------
It didn't take Sana too long to get redressed as it was, seemingly, a morning off. She reappeared in tan shorts and a sand coloured shirt that went quite well with her pale fur. She was wearing sandals on her feet. "Ready," she asked, trying - and failing - to strike a playful pose against the door frame. "Mind if I try that again," she asked, after her elbow slid off the corner.
--------
"Doctor, doctor," Cherry said on seeing Colorado heading towards her, "I'm having trouble sleeping at night these last few nights. Tonight too, hopefully."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana once again shrugged. "I'm probably the worst person to ask. I had to have an Aspect give me direction in life less than twenty four hours ago, and because of everything happening Hive took Kolt somewhere, so my direction is gone right now." Her head tilted as her eye lights lit up, complimenting her helmets smile for a bored expression. "I don't even know what we have to do here, and somehow 'probably near everything' doesn't help me."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:48 am "Youse c'n al'aes still ask," Sarah told Cailean. "There's, like, 'undr'd's of ways ta use explosiv's t' help, like?" She put an arm around Cailean's shoulders.
"Like what?" Cailean asks, putting his arm around the small of Sarah's back and guiding her out the door.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Deske

Post by Deske »

"You could give it another go. Maybe try popping your butt out a bit and spreading your legs slightly for added stability," Denver said before demonstrating using the wall. "You can really accentuate any curves you've got if you let your clothes tighten up on you too."
------
"No, the rest should be fine. Looks suitable for what it's going to be used for," Ulrich said, happily settling for the current design of the armor.
------
Chris frowned, "Right, but who is 'He'. I think he's got a right to know who decided he was alive enough to warrant a soul."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt seemed like he was about to say something, when Hivemind’s ponderings distracted him. “What? You wonder what?” He asked, sounding curious and vaguely amused over whatever Hivemind had planned.

“Koh Sah may be an arrogant braggart, but he is not stupid. He would not, as he insisted on telling us during the invasion, have managed to make it to being third in line for whatever throne they have if his boasting contained sensitive information. I am not saying your plan would not work, just that it would require us to be very, very careful about how we provoke him.” Quint said to both Hivemind and Jenny. “However, if you are looking for someone who can help you figure out how to work that portal generator, I would recommend contacting Wyvern, a hero back on Concertia. She has been studying those generators since the invasion, and while their security measures means she is mostly left with scraps, I doubt there is anyone in this universe who knows more about them than she does.”

Liz wasted no time giving Corp the go ahead, letting out a brief ”Go,” before immediately starting to shift. The changes were much smaller this time, but also much faster, as Liz quickly assumed the form of the woman who helped her with power testing the other day. It was barely half a second after Corp started the time that Liz said ”Stop,” before turning back to him. “I don’t think I need to know exactly how long that took to know my hypothesis is confirmed.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:55 pmHawk coughed, "Um actually, we kind of killed him instantly when we broke his back...and it's EX-Bounty Hunter," his tone suddenly shifting, "We gave that life up few years back for many reasons, though the reason one we'll allow you to know is because no one wanted to hire someone that is immortal and, therefore, can not die. Lost out on too many bounties, so we just gave that life up and wanted some to...redeem ourselves."
"I don't know much about bounty hunting, so I'm not really sure why people wouldn't want to hire an immortal hunter." Eira shook her head and took a step away from Hawk. "But my advice? Keep your nose clean. Every inch of this ship is monitored, and Hive's tolerance only goes so far. If you want to scratch the fighting itch, best do it in one of these tournaments." She finished with a wave. "I have to go. I'm late for training. See you around!" She turned fully and jogged off.

---------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:48 am"Amusement park," Hannabelle asked with amusement. "They got one of those 'shooting galleries' where you can win the soft toys and they've fixed the guns to not shoot straight?"
"Which is probably the real reason we got thrown out of the state fair," Jenevive grumbled.
"What's he do," Golten asked brightly. "Something useless like Corvis or something useful like me? Ow."
"No kicking your brother," Jenevive warned her youngest.
"They ain't allowed to rig it here." Gear answered Hannabelle. "Hive's not a fan of that kind of thing. Instead, ya win tickets that can be exchanged for things in the shops."

"You'll have to meet him to find out, Golten." The Lycan said with a smile.

Not long after, the waiter returned with the bill. Randy accepted it immediately and paid for the food. "Shall we get going then?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:48 am"As i say, I envy you, Pred," Keeva admitted, gently 'touching' the screen. "We see all this wonder and hope and... we forget it. Our minds can only take in so much so it all gets... mushed together into general memories. You're seeing it all for the first time, big guy. And you'll store it in memory that, unlike us, you'll never forget."
The Predator said nothing. He merely looked down at the beautiful planet below, between the Varanian and Celican ships flying past. The fighting was over, and Hivemind was making sure it stayed over. After a few minutes, Predator decided what to do next. Dipping forward towards the planet, he took off. The drone accelerated and dove for Celica, rocketing through space and between ships, both active and derelict.

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:42 am Tatiana once again shrugged. "I'm probably the worst person to ask. I had to have an Aspect give me direction in life less than twenty four hours ago, and because of everything happening Hive took Kolt somewhere, so my direction is gone right now." Her head tilted as her eye lights lit up, complimenting her helmets smile for a bored expression. "I don't even know what we have to do here, and somehow 'probably near everything' doesn't help me."
"You know what?" Recon started. "I think we could both use a girl's night out. I can go get some new clothes, we can look for some custom cosmetic attachments for your shell, we can go get some drinks, maybe get into a bar room brawl, and be done in time to check out the fighting tournament!" she suggested enthusiastically. "What do you think?"

Deske wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 2:54 am Chris frowned, "Right, but who is 'He'. I think he's got a right to know who decided he was alive enough to warrant a soul."
"The one question I have difficulty answering..." Diligitis stated. "He, She, It, They... The one outside of reality. Outside of rules. Creation and Destruction. Good and Evil. They are the origin of all. They are reality, yet they made reality. They are beyond even the aspects' ability to comprehend."

Legotron123 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:50 am “Koh Sah may be an arrogant braggart, but he is not stupid. He would not, as he insisted on telling us during the invasion, have managed to make it to being third in line for whatever throne they have if his boasting contained sensitive information. I am not saying your plan would not work, just that it would require us to be very, very careful about how we provoke him.” Quint said to both Hivemind and Jenny. “However, if you are looking for someone who can help you figure out how to work that portal generator, I would recommend contacting Wyvern, a hero back on Concertia. She has been studying those generators since the invasion, and while their security measures means she is mostly left with scraps, I doubt there is anyone in this universe who knows more about them than she does.”
"That might be the best option we have." Hivemind said. "Thank you, Quint. That is all. You may go."

Legotron123 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:50 am Kolt seemed like he was about to say something, when Hivemind’s ponderings distracted him. “What? You wonder what?” He asked, sounding curious and vaguely amused over whatever Hivemind had planned.
"Nothing." Hivemind dismissed with a wave of his hand. "It was a bad idea anyway. We need to contact Wyvern. If Koh Sah won't tell us how to operate the device, then we need someone who can. These things are body snatchers. Kidnappers. Presumably this means they've kidnapped people before, and I intend to get them back."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:53 pm "I don't know much about bounty hunting, so I'm not really sure why people wouldn't want to hire an immortal hunter." Eira shook her head and took a step away from Hawk. "But my advice? Keep your nose clean. Every inch of this ship is monitored, and Hive's tolerance only goes so far. If you want to scratch the fighting itch, best do it in one of these tournaments." She finished with a wave. "I have to go. I'm late for training. See you around!" She turned fully and jogged off.
"Yeah, take it easy," Hawk replied as Eira took off, his Other Side commenting, "Maybe we should do one of those tournaments," to which Hawk replied, "Maybe we should, but for now? I'm in the mood for food," then walked over to the counter and sat down, picking up the nearby menu and looking over it to see what they got, commenting quietly, "Nice selection of hot sauces."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"We ever get in a maze where you need to read Lappinean," Corvis warned his brother as he finished off breakfast, "I'm letting you get lost."
"I'd watch you through your eyes, doofus."
"I'd shut them most of the time, dummy."
Jenevive sighed. "Mr Lycan," she said, "you're lucky you only have one. I think we should proceed. Anything else you can tell us about this kid we're about to meet?"
"Got a strange feeling I could fill in a few facts," Hannabelle grumbled quietly to Gear. "This'll be interesting... There any bookshops selling Celican/other language dictionaries? Might be an idea to pick some up."
--------------------------
"So," Jaken asked, "things quiet? No distress calls? Not that I, uh, want any, of course..."
-------------------------
Out of interest, Quint," Jenny thought after they were dismissed, after doing the couple of things I had in - heh - mind, is there anywhere you want to go and see? You can even be 'in charge' if you like?
------------------------
Keeva laughed, feeling the sensation of fear and speed as Predator sped towards the planet, "You're a speed demon alright, Pred," she whooped. "just make sure to land rather than crash into the planet, eh?"
-----------------------
"Oh, d'molitions, same d'struct'n a property, tha' sorta thing," Sarah explained, enjoying the hands on approach as they went. "If'n y' need t' blow open a lock, how much y' need to do it wi'out blowing the room?" She gave him a quick lick on the side of the muzzle.
----------------------
"You got everything you're wanting, Col," Cherry asked, wheeling her case behind her.
---------------------
Sana watched as Denver demonstrated and, then, did as he'd pointed out. Her old chief would never have put her undercover, she supposed, not if she couldn't do a simple wall pose. "Not sure about accentuating my curves," she admitted, "but this any better?" She concluded it had to be. She was still attached to the wall.
--------------------
"Point six of a second," Corp said, possibly sounding a bit disappointed at the change in the Captain's look. "Anything you want to check, Lewis?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:17 pm
"Oh, d'molitions, same d'struct'n a property, tha' sorta thing," Sarah explained, enjoying the hands on approach as they went. "If'n y' need t' blow open a lock, how much y' need to do it wi'out blowing the room?" She gave him a quick lick on the side of the muzzle.
"Hivemind produced hooses frae thin air. Ah'd think he can vanish them again tae." Cailean points out, smiling a little at the lick despite himself.
"As tae yer other question... Ah dinnae ken if ye can be trusted wi' that knowledge." he jokes.
"But it really depends on what explosive yer usin' and what sort o' lock you're blowin'. For gettin' oor stuff back frae insignia Ah just used a small pinch o' C4 where th' shackle met th' body o' the lock."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana hummed and tilted her head. "A bar brawl, huh? Would be like being home again. And those cosmetics I wore to that little celebration after the Mech incident were pretty cool... Ah, why not? Count me in." She said to Recon, her eye lights turned on, happily complimenting her eternal smile.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt seemed a little confused by Hivemind suddenly dropping whatever it was he had planned, but decided it wasn’t worth bringing up. “Well is there anything you’d like to ask me? He did talk a bit while he was inside me.” He asked, following him out of the room.

Well, there is one thing I have never been able to get Kolt to do. Quint said, transferring control back to Jenny as soon as the meeting was over. Tell me, what is your opinion on spicy foods? He asked, his voice sounding faintly amused.

”Not particularly. I’m just waiting to see if this will end the way I think it will.” Lewis said, occasionally glancing down at his tablet to jot down some notes.
Meanwhile, Liz turned back to her normal form, seeming pleased with the results. “It seems the amount of time it takes to change is connected to how much changing I’m trying to do. But would that mean...” She trailed off, thinking for a moment before speaking again. “Corp, I’m going to need you to time me one last time. I’m going to do two changes back to back, and I want the combined total.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:31 pm"Yeah, take it easy," Hawk replied as Eira took off, his Other Side commenting, "Maybe we should do one of those tournaments," to which Hawk replied, "Maybe we should, but for now? I'm in the mood for food," then walked over to the counter and sat down, picking up the nearby menu and looking over it to see what they got, commenting quietly, "Nice selection of hot sauces."
The waiter who had previously been serving Lycan and Gear's group was the one to assist Hawk. "Hello. Can I get you something to drink?" he asked.

------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:17 pm "We ever get in a maze where you need to read Lappinean," Corvis warned his brother as he finished off breakfast, "I'm letting you get lost."
"I'd watch you through your eyes, doofus."
"I'd shut them most of the time, dummy."
Jenevive sighed. "Mr Lycan," she said, "you're lucky you only have one. I think we should proceed. Anything else you can tell us about this kid we're about to meet?"
"Got a strange feeling I could fill in a few facts," Hannabelle grumbled quietly to Gear. "This'll be interesting... There any bookshops selling Celican/other language dictionaries? Might be an idea to pick some up."
"Yeah... Thinkin' maybe you an' I should look for them books while they meet the kid..." Gear whispered sideways to Hannabelle. "I don't reckon Jaken'd be too thrilled to see ya."

The Lycan lead the group out and started down the sidewalk. "I'd say you're luckier..." he said to Jenevive. "Your boys won't have the power to summon hurricanes when they become moody teenagers."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:17 pm"So," Jaken asked, "things quiet? No distress calls? Not that I, uh, want any, of course..."
"Nothing that I can't handle myself." Hivemind said definitively and simply.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:17 pmKeeva laughed, feeling the sensation of fear and speed as Predator sped towards the planet, "You're a speed demon alright, Pred," she whooped. "just make sure to land rather than crash into the planet, eh?"
Predator didn't answer. Not verbally, at least. The drone hit the outer atmosphere of the planet below and fire engulfed his vision. He kept up his dive, his shielding guarding him from damage. Predator started slowing down from the friction of the air, and eventually the fire surrounding him was extinguished. He was about a thousand meters up. Then, he was 500. Then, 200.

With only about 50 meters to go before impact with the planet surface, Predator pulled up hard. His foot claws grazed the tops of some of the trees below him, and he shot forward above the treeline at supersonic speeds.

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:09 pm Tatiana hummed and tilted her head. "A bar brawl, huh? Would be like being home again. And those cosmetics I wore to that little celebration after the Mech incident were pretty cool... Ah, why not? Count me in." She said to Recon, her eye lights turned on, happily complimenting her eternal smile.
"Awesome!" Recon cheered and punched the air. "Follow me!" She said. In an instant, Recon vanished in a blur too fast to see.

Seconds later, after she had gotten to the clothes store and noticed Tatiana wasn't there, she smacked herself in the forehead and ran back. She arrived in front of Tatiana again, blushing. "Uh... right... forgot you're not a speedster... Let's walk together then!" She gestured for Tatiana to follow her.

Legotron123 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:18 pm Kolt seemed a little confused by Hivemind suddenly dropping whatever it was he had planned, but decided it wasn’t worth bringing up. “Well is there anything you’d like to ask me? He did talk a bit while he was inside me.” He asked, following him out of the room.
"Can you remember what he said?" Hivemind asked curiously. "Exact words, if you can?"
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:36 pm The waiter who had previously been serving Lycan and Gear's group was the one to assist Hawk. "Hello. Can I get you something to drink?" he asked.
Hawk looked up at the waiter, "Yeah, I'll take an Arnold Palmer* for now...tell me, how's the burgers here?"

*combination of iced tea and lemonade
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yeah," Hannabelle agreed, before speaking up. "Myself and Gear are going to do a little shopping," she told the group. "Apparently there are some bookstores nearby. We'll catch you up later, OK?"
"Of course, Mother," Jenevive said, waiting until the older pair had headed off before mentioning to The Lycan that she'd noted the slight 'tension' from her mother when she'd seen him. "I take it your first meeting wasn't... cordial?"
The younger pair definitely weren't playfighting. Golten was playing fair and not strangling Corvis with the odd 'tye' thing.
----------------
Jaken watched the goings on around them, Kids chasing each other, Parents chasing them and playing with them and playing with each other in the ways adults do when they figure there's no kids around watching them. Some of them were locking lips in the way that Celican female had tried with the Jakenbot yesterday. It made him feel a little sad, watching family that he no longer had... for now, at least. "I hope they get here soon," he muttered, "I seem to be at a loose end."
-------------
Jenny chuckled as she walked towards the 'dead zone' for her first meeting. You do note I'm a Rat, right, she 'told' Quint we can eat pretty much anything less spicy than Vesuvius on a bad day. Something hot in my future, pal? She kept going for the nearest portal door.
------------
"I hope you're not thinking it'll end in flames, Lieutenant," Corp admonished jovially before turning back to Liz. "Ready when you are, my Captain,"
-------------
"See," Sarah lied, trying to sound convincing, "I'da not kenn'd that." She gave his shoulders a gentle squeeze. "Y'got lot t' off'r, m'Caledonian."
------------
Keeva kept her emotions honest and flowing as Predator enjoyed himself and she felt likewise. "Having fun, mate," she asked.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

”I mean it’s much better than last time. Just a few minor points to work on, but you’ve got the gist of it,” Denver said with a grin. ”Well,” he held out his arm, ”Ready when you are.”

------

Chris lifted an eyebrow, ”Good to know that even in this universe there’s still the unknowable power of God. Dunno what I’d do without the idea that something might be dictating what I do or say without my input.” He sighed and shrugged the thought away, ”Eh, either way, congrats MT, the universe as a whole decided that you should have a soul.”

------

Colorado chuckled, ”How on the nose. Yeah, I’m pretty sure I’ve got everything I want. There’s not much, mostly sentimental stuff. I’m gonna assume you’ve got yours as well” He glanced down at her case.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana hummed in amusement as she did as Recon gestured, "I am glad I'm on you're side. You would be annoying to shoot at." Her head tilted slightly, as a thought came to her mind. "You know? I think this may be the first time I've ever gone to any sort of clothing store."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt thought back to the fight, thinking over what the Yah Rin had said. ”The only thing that really strikes out to me as relevant is him saying that the reason that he did all this is because when I tricked him into trying and failing to possess me back during the invasion caused him to be dropped from apparently being third in line for whatever throne they have to “the lowest dregs of society.” The rest was just him either boasting or him talking about how much suffering I’d endure once he brought me back.” He said, looking at Hivemind and waiting for any other questions he might have.

Oh, is that right? Quint said, giving Jenny the distinct impression that he would be smirking if he had a mouth. Well then, I hope you do not mind letting me indulge myself a little bit. Kolt does not have the same affinity for spicy foods that I do, so I do not get to try heats beyond what he can handle.

Liz gave Corp a second to make sure he was ready, before letting out a sharp ”Go.” Dark scales covered her body, as he face extended outwards, and her pants shifted to accommodate her growing tail. Roughly four seconds after she started, she was the spitting image of Sal-Hleel. She didn’t stop changing though, starting to grow at a swift rate, her scales changing colors and her proportions slightly altering. A little under six seconds after she had turned Sal-Hleel, she was once again the Shipmaster. As soon as she was done, she said ”Stop,” before looking down at the now tiny Corp. “That certainly felt like it was a little bit shorter.”

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:21 am "See," Sarah lied, trying to sound convincing, "I'da not kenn'd that." She gave his shoulders a gentle squeeze. "Y'got lot t' off'r, m'Caledonian."
"Och, aye. Ah c'n offer ye vinegar, salt or mushy peas wi' yer fish 'n chips." Cailean grumbles as they walk down the gangplank and back into the Beacon.
"Eesh. Ah'm sorry, Sarah, hen. Ah didnae mean it." he apologises after a few steps in silence.
"Ah guess Ah'm just scared. Ah shuidnae tak it oot on ye... Ah... Och, Ah dinnae ken. Ah guess it's just because Ah've lost mah purpose agin. At least in back in oor universe Ah kenned where tae use mah skills. Back on Earth Ah had a plan fer mah future. Ah did demolitions an' Ah designed an' made th' best fireworks in Scotland. Ah was gonnae join an international fireworks competition next year... Er... Three years ago? ... Er... Well, ye ken what Ah mean... On th' Steelhaven Ah'd had tae make a new plan. Ah was gonna defuse Insignia's bombs an' blow Insignia up in return. Naow... Ah dinnae ken what tae dae. Everythin' an' everyone Ah kenned is gone, 'ceptin' ye an Conall. At least back on th' Steelhaven Ah cuid call Blair an' Boomer, an' Miss Figgis fer advice oor comfort. Here it's... Just us... Ah've never been this alone before an' Ah've never nae kenned what tae dae afore an' Ah dinnae like it... Ah need a plan... Ah need tae ken who tae trust agin... Ah just... Ah guess..." Cailean falters, clearing his throat and swallowing.
"Ah guess Ah'm just hamesick."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"We'll sort it," Sarah said. "Wond'r if'n this place's Scotl'nd much like ours? Ah means, some m'stakes are universal, yeah?" She grinned.
--------------
Jenny shook her head as she entered the room where she was to meet the Necromancer. Just remember to sort out several pints of milk, eh? She took a seat on a bench.
-------------
"Five point five nine seconds," Corp remarked, thinking Liz's make up routine in the morning would take a lot longer like this.
------------
Sana took Denver's arm and led him out towards the animals area. Idly she wondered if it counted as a second date when the first had never really ended.
-----------
"Yeah," Cherry said before a sneeze attack. "I'll be... glad wh...when t...the FIRST couple of...of months are... DONE," she said between sneezes.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:14 am Hawk looked up at the waiter, "Yeah, I'll take an Arnold Palmer* for now...tell me, how's the burgers here?"

*combination of iced tea and lemonade
"They're great! Fresh-printed half-pound patties cooked how you like it." the waiter said while he jotted down the drink order. "Do you know what you would like to eat yet, or should I give you a minute?"

-------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:21 am "Yeah," Hannabelle agreed, before speaking up. "Myself and Gear are going to do a little shopping," she told the group. "Apparently there are some bookstores nearby. We'll catch you up later, OK?"
"Of course, Mother," Jenevive said, waiting until the older pair had headed off before mentioning to The Lycan that she'd noted the slight 'tension' from her mother when she'd seen him. "I take it your first meeting wasn't... cordial?"
The younger pair definitely weren't playfighting. Golten was playing fair and not strangling Corvis with the odd 'tye' thing.
"Ah... not exactly." The Lycan said. He left it at that while he lead his group to the nearest portal kiosk just down the block. Going through, they emerged on the other side to the sounds of kids laughing and cheering while roller coasters rumbled down the tracks.

- - - - -

"The bookstore ain't gonna take as long as they will at the park, I think." Gear said. "Anythin' ya wanna do to pass the time?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:21 am Jaken watched the goings on around them, Kids chasing each other, Parents chasing them and playing with them and playing with each other in the ways adults do when they figure there's no kids around watching them. Some of them were locking lips in the way that Celican female had tried with the Jakenbot yesterday. It made him feel a little sad, watching family that he no longer had... for now, at least. "I hope they get here soon," he muttered, "I seem to be at a loose end."
"They just arrived at the park." Hivemind said. "They're at the entrance. Would you like to go there and wait for them?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:21 am Keeva kept her emotions honest and flowing as Predator enjoyed himself and she felt likewise. "Having fun, mate," she asked.
Predator dipped a little lower until he was just below the tips of the trees. He bobbed and weaved between the trees at tremendous speed, narrowly avoiding a flock of birds that got spooked into taking flight. He started to slow down. There was a clearing up ahead with what looked to be a village. "I am quite enjoying myself... Hang on. I plan to land over there." The Predator said before engaging his cloaking field and landing just on the outskirts of the village.

The Predator looked around. "...Where is everyone?" he asked, noting the distinct lack of any form of sentient life in the town. It wasn't exactly a long abandoned ghost town. It was too well manicured...

Deske wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:41 amChris lifted an eyebrow, ”Good to know that even in this universe there’s still the unknowable power of God. Dunno what I’d do without the idea that something might be dictating what I do or say without my input.” He sighed and shrugged the thought away, ”Eh, either way, congrats MT, the universe as a whole decided that you should have a soul.”
"Every mortal has choices..." Diligitis said. "We have insight into every choice you can make, and every choice you do make. We even have insight into choices you don't make as, in another life, you did make those choices. We see all paths you can take, have taken, and will take, whether or not you experienced them yourself. Thus, we have no choices. Any time the path splits, we are forced to take both. You only experience one path. Which path you experience is determined by what YOU decide to do. Just because both roads at a fork exist and go to prearranged locations does not mean which road you take is not your choice."

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:57 pm Tatiana hummed in amusement as she did as Recon gestured, "I am glad I'm on you're side. You would be annoying to shoot at." Her head tilted slightly, as a thought came to her mind. "You know? I think this may be the first time I've ever gone to any sort of clothing store."
"I'm not too surprised, to be honest..." Recon said as they walked down the street. "Most clothes look weird when put over armor. You'll need specialty stuff. And yes, I am annoying to shoot at. I can run faster than your gun's bolts can travel." The two of them reached the clothing store in short order, and Recon held the door for Tatiana.

Legotron123 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:55 pm Kolt thought back to the fight, thinking over what the Yah Rin had said. ”The only thing that really strikes out to me as relevant is him saying that the reason that he did all this is because when I tricked him into trying and failing to possess me back during the invasion caused him to be dropped from apparently being third in line for whatever throne they have to “the lowest dregs of society.” The rest was just him either boasting or him talking about how much suffering I’d endure once he brought me back.” He said, looking at Hivemind and waiting for any other questions he might have.
"Did he elaborate in any way on the kinds of suffering he'd inflict on you?" Hivemind asked as they approached the Champion Tower Communication Center. "It might give us a hint on what to expect."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:30 pmJenny shook her head as she entered the room where she was to meet the Necromancer. Just remember to sort out several pints of milk, eh? She took a seat on a bench.
After she got through the security checks, a security droid led Jenny to the visiting room and sat her down on a surprisingly comfortable arm chair. The room was filled with people visiting their families that had been placed in the reformation facility. It wasn't long before another security droid ushered a familiar face into the room as well.

The Necromancer entered the room and looked around. He spotted Jenny and recognized her at once. He gave a small smile and walked over, sitting down in the cushy armchair across from her. "Um... thanks for coming... and for remembering." He said, shyly.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:35 pm "They're great! Fresh-printed half-pound patties cooked how you like it." the waiter said while he jotted down the drink order. "Do you know what you would like to eat yet, or should I give you a minute?"
"Yeah, we'll take The Ragnarokaplyse Burger with a side of fries," Hawk replied, intrigued by the name.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny nodded and, instinctively, offered a hand. "Don't worry about it," she said, shifting slightly in her seat to angle more towards him. "I'm just sorry I couldn't come yesterday as planned. A lot of trouble on the planet below kinda kept us occupied, y'know? So how's things going on with you, Jacob?"
--------------------
"Well," Hannabelle replied, "if that isn't just a gentleman flirting, we could go try out weapons and clothes or scenic routes?"
--------------------
"Yeah," Jenevive muttered, "she has that way." She looked around as they stepped into a different world within this world in a world. "That's quite something."
"A portal door" Corvis said, ears flat with impressedness.
"Seen 'em on vids" Golten said, pretending no to be impressed.
-------------------
"Well, there's not much chance they'd beat me there, is there," Jaken said, getting the glint of mischief back in his eye before standing up and creating portal over to the entrance and hopping through. He left it open for a few seconds in case Hive wanted to come through too. He did seem a bit surprised that a young creature he'd never met before happily hopped through the other way as it's mother... or father? chased it.
------------------
Keeva stood up and approached the screen. "You're right," she said, frowning, "something isn't right." She noted there didn't seem to be any bodies on the ground but, frankly, she didn't know if that meant anything. It could just mean they'd missed them. "Um, any life signs or local comm signals you can find? Was there a disaster nearb... no, you don't take your young to help in a disaster..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

"True," Tatiana said towards the clothing comment, "Though, I guess I always just knew anything I got would be destroyed soon enough anyway. I've been here, like, five days and my shell's been battered to bits three times. I think. Maybe anything clothing related just went into, 'yay, my shell is no longer in many pieces.' Exciting new experience all the same." After she spoke Tatiana then began imagining how she would go about fighting a fast opponent like Recon. Lots of collateral damage, was her initial idea.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:30 pm "We'll sort it," Sarah said. "Wond'r if'n this place's Scotl'nd much like ours? Ah means, some m'stakes are universal, yeah?" She grinned.
"Aye." Cailean agrees with a wag of his tail. "Ah bet Bonnie Price Charlie tried tae attack us here tae!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Ah yeah, it's like that parallel universes theory that we had that has now been proofed in the most spectacular way possible. But how do I know if I'm the Chris that takes the left path or the right path? Do I alone affect the direction of all the other Chrises in the multiverse? Does that mean that their paths are preordained based on my path? That's it!" He snapped his fingers, being overdramatic for the fun of it, "I am the god of the Chris-verse. Amazing..." He finished, faking a sense of overly exaggerated wonderment. "How many other MT's do you think there are?"
------
"Same. I don't know if my tissue supply could last much longer," Colorado said, withdrawing a tissue from his pocket and holding it out to Cherry.
------
"So, just out of curiosity," Denver began, "Is this date number 2? Or is this date 1 revision 1?" He asked, letting himself be pulled along to the animals.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt gave a shrug as they entered the communications center. ”Unfortunately, he didn’t mention any specifics. One of the Yah Rin I encounter during the invasion mentioned that they would “break my mind and strength my body” since “that’s all they needed anyways,” but they didn’t mention any specifics to that either.” They continues walked for a minute, before he realized something. “Has anyone actually told you about Wyvern before? I mean, what to expect when you meet her?”

Quint stayed quiet as Jenny conversed with the Necromancer, deciding now wasn’t the time for any friendly teasing.

Liz let out what would normally a quiet “hmmm,” but became a rather large rumbling due to her new size. ”Is that how long it took me to get from human to this, or just how long it took to get from Sal-Hleel to.... whatever this guy’s name is, I’m drawing a blank at the moment?” She asked, Corp being able to feel the vibrations in the air caused by her speaking.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:07 pm "Yeah, we'll take The Ragnarokaplyse Burger with a side of fries," Hawk replied, intrigued by the name.
The waiter paused and lifted an eyebrow. "You want to take the Ragnarokaplyse challenge? That burger is about 7 lbs, and it's free if you finish it in one sitting. Not something to order lightly. You sure about it?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:13 am Jenny nodded and, instinctively, offered a hand. "Don't worry about it," she said, shifting slightly in her seat to angle more towards him. "I'm just sorry I couldn't come yesterday as planned. A lot of trouble on the planet below kinda kept us occupied, y'know? So how's things going on with you, Jacob?"
"I heard things got a little busy down there..." Jacob commented idly before moving on. "This place... It's not really what I expected. I was expecting something more like a prison, but this place..." He tried to think of a way to describe the reformation facility, pausing for a moment. "It's clearly not built for punishment, and the guards are all Hive Droids. It's more like... a school combined with a hospital. There are behavioral therapy sessions, anger management classes, re-education lessons... We also get visitors any time during the day as long as we're not in classes. My family visited me yesterday." he finished with a bright smile.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:13 am"Well," Hannabelle replied, "if that isn't just a gentleman flirting, we could go try out weapons and clothes or scenic routes?"
"Was flirtin' a bit, I s'ppose." Gear grinned. "Any weapon shop'll be close-range. Swords, staves, an' the like. Hive's banned guns for civilians an' Champions get their guns from the Champion armory, so there ain't much use for a gun shop. Clothes're an option." He considered. "An' so's a scenic walk."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:13 am"Yeah," Jenevive muttered, "she has that way." She looked around as they stepped into a different world within this world in a world. "That's quite something."
"A portal door" Corvis said, ears flat with impressedness.
"Seen 'em on vids" Golten said, pretending no to be impressed.
The Lycan lifted an eyebrow. "You've been through these before. You went through them when you first got on board. It's the only way to get from the outer layers of the ship to the interior." He shrugged it off a moment later though, and added "We're here, by the way. And so is Jaken!" He said, pointing to the fox jumping through the portal.

- - - - -
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:13 am"Well, there's not much chance they'd beat me there, is there," Jaken said, getting the glint of mischief back in his eye before standing up and creating portal over to the entrance and hopping through. He left it open for a few seconds in case Hive wanted to come through too. He did seem a bit surprised that a young creature he'd never met before happily hopped through the other way as it's mother... or father? chased it.
"Oh, I don't know..." Hive's voice came not from the droid Jaken was speaking to, but from behind the Celican child. A droid was standing right behind him looking as smug as an android with no facial expressions can look. "I managed to beat you here." He laughed. "Anyway, the others are right over there." Hivemind pointed over to the Celican family that had just emerged from the portal door.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:13 am Keeva stood up and approached the screen. "You're right," she said, frowning, "something isn't right." She noted there didn't seem to be any bodies on the ground but, frankly, she didn't know if that meant anything. It could just mean they'd missed them. "Um, any life signs or local comm signals you can find? Was there a disaster nearb... no, you don't take your young to help in a disaster..."
"No signs of any comm signals. This place is a complete dead zone. I can't hear anything." the Predator said, looking around at the ghost town warily, displaying the life-scan on his HUD for Keeva to see. He looked down and around, and a few clusters lit up on the screen. "Got signs of life. Underground. Possibly in a bunker or basement of some-"

"KREEEEEKEHKEKEHGLGLRGL...."

Predator froze and looked around for that gurgling, animal-like call. "...Um... Did you hear that?" Predator asked, sounding, and feeling, concerned.

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:24 pm "True," Tatiana said towards the clothing comment, "Though, I guess I always just knew anything I got would be destroyed soon enough anyway. I've been here, like, five days and my shell's been battered to bits three times. I think. Maybe anything clothing related just went into, 'yay, my shell is no longer in many pieces.' Exciting new experience all the same." After she spoke Tatiana then began imagining how she would go about fighting a fast opponent like Recon. Lots of collateral damage, was her initial idea.
"Well, we're not going to be fighting demons from heck and man-eating alien warlords every day of the week. Sometimes it's nice to just chill for a day! Learn to loosen up!" Recon said cheerily as they reached the shop together this time. "Go ahead and see if there's anything you like. Just don't wear it in a fight if you don't want it getting damaged!" She said, as though it were that easy to predict the fights they had been in.

Deske wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:53 pm "Ah yeah, it's like that parallel universes theory that we had that has now been proofed in the most spectacular way possible. But how do I know if I'm the Chris that takes the left path or the right path? Do I alone affect the direction of all the other Chrises in the multiverse? Does that mean that their paths are preordained based on my path? That's it!" He snapped his fingers, being overdramatic for the fun of it, "I am the god of the Chris-verse. Amazing..." He finished, faking a sense of overly exaggerated wonderment. "How many other MT's do you think there are?"
"Probably infinite. Or as many MTs as there are choices and outcomes I could make." MT thought out loud.

"Effectively, it is infinite. There needs to not only be an MT for each choice you make, but also for each choice made by others that effects you. Which branch you experience is not only determined by your own choices, but by the choices of those around you. The other you's actions are not determined by you. Their actions are their own, but they exist in a world where others might make different choices."

Legotron123 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:54 pm Kolt gave a shrug as they entered the communications center. ”Unfortunately, he didn’t mention any specifics. One of the Yah Rin I encounter during the invasion mentioned that they would “break my mind and strength my body” since “that’s all they needed anyways,” but they didn’t mention any specifics to that either.” They continues walked for a minute, before he realized something. “Has anyone actually told you about Wyvern before? I mean, what to expect when you meet her?”
"I know she is an AI with much the same level of power and political influence on your world as I do on the Beacon, but as she is an AI, that is less of a problem. What would you say I should expect when I meet her?" Hivemind said.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Always used to hate school," Jenny replied wistfully. "Never had them on the colony, y'see? First time I was really in them was when Agent Miles took me to Earth. Almost got chucked out three times." She pulled herself from reverie. "So your family visited yesterday? How'd all that go?" Is it just me, she thought to Quint, or does that sound a lot like indoctrination?
-------------------
Jaken waited until the father had hopped through before closing the portal. "Cool, Suppose I'd better go make a good impression." He sauntered over in the way his parents had taught him, swinging his hips slightly as he'd learned off mom.
------------------
"I admit I wasn't really paying attention back then," Jenevive confessed, before looking over towards Jaken. The slight pause meant she missed him closing the portal, but Corvis hadn't.
"Whoa," the Cub said, "he makes his own doors?"
"Put us on a team," Golten mused, "no-one's getting away... Why are his hands and feet White?"
"Good after...Sorry, good morning," Jaken said, mentally chastising himself for the mistake. He gave a formal bow to the Lycan and to Jenevive before grinning at the boys. "I'm Jaken."
"I'm Golten," Golten said, before indicating his brother, "and this is smart-a**."
"Corvis," he complained.
"Well, at least he said you're smart."
"Oh, yeah!" The younger cubs ears pricked up. "Thanks, bro!"
---------------
"Well, I could probably do with better blades than knitting needles," Hannabelle confided. "They didn't work so well. But that's for another time. Let's take the walk to the clothing place." She looked around to make sure no-one was looking at them before giving him a soft kiss on the cheek. "And I don't mind the flirting. Keeps us young."
-------------
"Yeah," Keeva said fretfully, "I heard it..." She took a breath. "How close can you get to those life signs," she asked, imagining she heard her equally imaginary heart beating faster. "It really sounds like people need help. And, between the now and the when Hivemind gets people here? It's down to us, Pred." She hoped she sounded confident but she doubted it. "Best get to it, yeah?"
-------------
Sarah laughed. "Or did Eddie 1st ((Edward I, 'hammer of the Scots')) get t' bord'r, look over and say 'sod tha' and went 'ome?" She gave Cailean's side a little squeeze. "Gi' it time an th' best things in Scotland comes down t' us, eh?"
------------
"I know you'll not believe this, Captain," Corp remarked, "but I don't have much of a clue. But never eat Pilchards before you change to that guy. The breath is strong enough to move people." O.K., he thought to himself, I'm obviously still a bit nervous...
------------
Cherry relaxed and stopped sneezing after a few minutes.
-----------
"Heh," Sana said, gazing up, "great minds and all that?" She hopped through a portal door to get closer to destination. "I think, technically, we can't call the time we were asleep as a 'date' so, by that means? This is a second date."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:34 pm The waiter paused and lifted an eyebrow. "You want to take the Ragnarokaplyse challenge? That burger is about 7 lbs, and it's free if you finish it in one sitting. Not something to order lightly. You sure about it?"
Hawk simply looked at the waiter and smiled, signifying that he knew what he was getting into, "Challenge, eh? Well then, let's take it to 12: Put some Phantom Hot Sauce on there as well."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:36 am Sarah laughed. "Or did Eddie 1st ((Edward I, 'hammer of the Scots')) get t' bord'r, look over and say 'sod tha' and went 'ome?" She gave Cailean's side a little squeeze. "Gi' it time an th' best things in Scotland comes down t' us, eh?"
"Naw, he just turned tail when he saw good old Bob th' Bruce an' William Wallace. He kenned Bob wuid ootsmart him in th' end sae he gave up an' died." Cailean counters.
"Ye ken, Ah'd turn it back on ye an say we Scots are responsible fer all th' good things in England but Ah canne think o' anythin' guid in England. Except Her Majesty an' yerself, o' course." he says, returning the squeeze and licking the side of Sarah's muzzle as they walk.

Behind them, Conall can't make out the conversation but he reads the body language as flirtatious and sticks a finger in his mouth, pretending to gag.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"Well, the first thing you should know is that you're not going to have a lot of her attention, at least not at first. She always has at least a couple dozen instances of herself running at any given time, each doing all sorts of different things, and you're probably only going to have the attention of one of them at the start, though you might get the attention of a few more depending on why you're calling" Kolt said, talking with great familiarity about the AI. "The other is that, while I'm not entirely certain what you plan on asking her about, if you want something big out of her, you're going to have a lot more luck getting it from her if you give her something in return. With all the tech you have here, you're bound to have something she'll want."
--
Not really. Quint replied. It sounds like how we do it on Concertia. Focusing less on punishing people for their mistakes and more on helping them gain the tools and skills they need to avoid making more mistakes in the future. Though I will admit that "re-education lessons" sound ominous regardless of what actually happens in them."
--
"I'll try to keep that in mind for the future." Liz responded, shrinking as she spoke. "Regardless, I think we're done here. Going to have to see Hivemind and ask if there's anything else that requires our attention. She said, sounding more than a little aimless.

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana chuckled as she entered the shop, "I mean, we were quite 'chill' down there all things considered. And then things went mad." She glanced around aimlessly for any kind of vanity armor attachment, not quite sure how one would go about 'clothes' shopping in anyway. "I'm not even sure what kind of cosmetics I would want. Come to think of it, if they're just attachments they could even be something other than metal." Tatiana stopped and hummed to herself. "Also depends if I want something casual or bombastic. Like an awesome jacket."
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Seems it might not have to," Colorado said, stuffing the tissue back into his pocket.
------
"Second date it is then," Denver said as he followed Sana through the door. "Y'know, I gotta say, I am pretty excited to see the difference between the animals on my Earth and the animals on this Earth. They've already shown some fairly outstanding differences and I'm curious to see just how far they go."
------
"Infinite versions of infinite possibilities gapped into enjoyably bite-sized blocks of time. What a multiverse we live in."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:36 am "Always used to hate school," Jenny replied wistfully. "Never had them on the colony, y'see? First time I was really in them was when Agent Miles took me to Earth. Almost got chucked out three times." She pulled herself from reverie. "So your family visited yesterday? How'd all that go?" Is it just me, she thought to Quint, or does that sound a lot like indoctrination?
"It was..." the Necromancer started, but stopped. He looked like he was trying to think of the correct words. "It was everything I could have hoped for. Especially after all I did. All the damage I did, all the people I hurt... Anywhere else I'd probably not have even been allowed to see them. But..." He lifted his arms up, drawing attention to his, for lack of a better word, inmate uniform. "I wish I could have seen them under better circumstances. As good as this place is to it's inmates, we're still inmates. We're here because we did something wrong. It's... hard to explain to your kid why you're in jail."

---------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:36 amJaken waited until the father had hopped through before closing the portal. "Cool, Suppose I'd better go make a good impression." He sauntered over in the way his parents had taught him, swinging his hips slightly as he'd learned off mom.
------------------
"I admit I wasn't really paying attention back then," Jenevive confessed, before looking over towards Jaken. The slight pause meant she missed him closing the portal, but Corvis hadn't.
"Whoa," the Cub said, "he makes his own doors?"
"Put us on a team," Golten mused, "no-one's getting away... Why are his hands and feet White?"
"Good after...Sorry, good morning," Jaken said, mentally chastising himself for the mistake. He gave a formal bow to the Lycan and to Jenevive before grinning at the boys. "I'm Jaken."
"I'm Golten," Golten said, before indicating his brother, "and this is smart-a**."
"Corvis," he complained.
"Well, at least he said you're smart."
"Oh, yeah!" The younger cubs ears pricked up. "Thanks, bro!"
The Lycan just smiled at the interaction. "Yep. I think they're gonna get along just fine." He said to Jenevive. "Jaken here has been working with Hivemind. He's got a good handle on his powers and might be able to help your kids grow into understanding their own powers. Anyway, should we head in?" he asked, pointing to the theme park gates.

---------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:36 am"Well, I could probably do with better blades than knitting needles," Hannabelle confided. "They didn't work so well. But that's for another time. Let's take the walk to the clothing place." She looked around to make sure no-one was looking at them before giving him a soft kiss on the cheek. "And I don't mind the flirting. Keeps us young."
Gear kissed her back, the cold metal of his face brushing against the warm fur of hers. The Cyborg smiled with the half of his mouth that still had the flexibility to do so. "Clothes and blades it'll be then. Could use some throwing knives and shuriken myself." Gear led the way to the clothes store, electing to go on the scenic route through a nearby park via a flower-lined, winding footpath.

---------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:36 am "Yeah," Keeva said fretfully, "I heard it..." She took a breath. "How close can you get to those life signs," she asked, imagining she heard her equally imaginary heart beating faster. "It really sounds like people need help. And, between the now and the when Hivemind gets people here? It's down to us, Pred." She hoped she sounded confident but she doubted it. "Best get to it, yeah?"
"It seems to be some sort of bomb shelter. I could theoretically dig down to it..." Predator paused, then immediately engaged his cloaking device. "But I think it would be best to remove the source of that sound first. It won't be safe, otherwise. The shops on this street are painted red. That's not so unusual, but I don't think the sidewalks are supposed to be painted red."

Predator continued scanning, when he picked up movement inside a few of the shops. No heat signature, but movement nonetheless. Then, something blast through the brick walls of the town's local pub. It was horrible, like some mutant horned hybrid of a Celican and a Varanian. It stood up to around ten feet in height, nearly a third of the Predator's own height. It stood on long, thin, bug-like legs and had arms covered in chitin. It hissed, and sniffed the air.

Predator stalked toward it, lifted his leg, and slammed his foot down on the creature, crushing it. "These things were Monta Weapontech experiments. What are they doing here?!"

---------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:15 am Hawk simply looked at the waiter and smiled, signifying that he knew what he was getting into, "Challenge, eh? Well then, let's take it to 12: Put some Phantom Hot Sauce on there as well."
The waiter grinned at Hawk's attitude. "For that you need to sign a waiver. I'll go bring it." The waiter left and came back with a liability waiver for Hawk to sign. "Sign this, and I'll get on getting you your food!"

---------------------
Legotron123 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:44 pm "Well, the first thing you should know is that you're not going to have a lot of her attention, at least not at first. She always has at least a couple dozen instances of herself running at any given time, each doing all sorts of different things, and you're probably only going to have the attention of one of them at the start, though you might get the attention of a few more depending on why you're calling" Kolt said, talking with great familiarity about the AI. "The other is that, while I'm not entirely certain what you plan on asking her about, if you want something big out of her, you're going to have a lot more luck getting it from her if you give her something in return. With all the tech you have here, you're bound to have something she'll want."
"I'm sure I'll have something of interest to her." Hivemind said. The two of them finally reached what seemed to be a small communication center. Hivemind and Kolt were the only ones there, but several communication devices equipped for interstellar FTL communication. Hivemind immediately started calling Concerta. He waited for someone to pick up, whether is was Wyvern or someone else.

---------------------
Deske wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:26 am "Infinite versions of infinite possibilities gapped into enjoyably bite-sized blocks of time. What a multiverse we live in."
"I have more questions..."

"Naturally. You likely have more questions than can possibly be answered, or even asked, but I will try."

"After the battle yesterday... I was broken. I could see my own broken body..."

"You were not killed." Diligitis replied. "It was not your time. You could see yourself because your head was several meters away from the rest of your body. Rest assured, when it is your time, I will promise you will feel no pain, only peace. Even joy. Your friendship with Chris is strong. Strong enough it puts the both of you in my domain. I like to spoil those in my domain" The demigod laughed merrily.

---------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:18 pm Tatiana chuckled as she entered the shop, "I mean, we were quite 'chill' down there all things considered. And then things went mad." She glanced around aimlessly for any kind of vanity armor attachment, not quite sure how one would go about 'clothes' shopping in anyway. "I'm not even sure what kind of cosmetics I would want. Come to think of it, if they're just attachments they could even be something other than metal." Tatiana stopped and hummed to herself. "Also depends if I want something casual or bombastic. Like an awesome jacket."
"They actually do have armor attachments at this place!" Recon announced enthusiastically as she darted through the aisles of clothes, picking up a number of lightweight low friction fabric shirts and pants. "They're over there!" She pointed to the other side of the store where specialty clothing was kept.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:56 pm The waiter grinned at Hawk's attitude. "For that you need to sign a waiver. I'll go bring it." The waiter left and came back with a liability waiver for Hawk to sign. "Sign this, and I'll get on getting you your food!"
Hawk nodded and signed the waiver, all the while thinking to The OtherSide, "You want to freak everyone out here? I know we have codes and one of them is to not show-off in this type of matter, but I kind of feel like doing it today." The OtherSide chuckled, "If you are referring to what I think you are referring to...then by all means, let's do it."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Jenny said, putting her hand close to his, "you were overwhelmed is all. That's what you tell 'em. Just that you gave in for a little while but you pulled yourself out of it." She smiled. "You had a little help but you did a lot of the pulling yourself and it was your kids gave you courage to try, I'm sure of that. Y'know," she added, "I never really had a father but I sometimes wonder what they'd think of me. But you? You're with your kids forever, my friend. Watching them grow, helping them out, seeing videos of their sports days, seeing those sports days when you're out of here..." she waggled a finger. "... and disapproving of any dates they ever get. You're going to get to do all that over the years. And, even when the worst things happen?" She leaned a little closer. "They won't be afraid because they'll have the greatest example that love can provide that things don't end that easy. They'll have you. And you'll have them. That's courage, hope and love. Three great and powerful emotions." Now she did actually put hands to his. "And you have all of them. Puts fear back in the shadows, eh?"
-----------------------
"Certainly," Jenevive replied, knowing full well that Corvis would want to go on the teacups first. Golten would want the Roller-Coaster. Then the Teacups.
"Why don't you have any Black fur," Golten asked.
"I fell in a vat of chemicals," Jaken announced. " Was lucky I didn't end up like the Hyena," he continued, thinking of one of the main villains from... "Oh! Iron Tail's here too. Really. He just calls himself Kolt."
Corvis mused on that as they passed through the gates. "A new secret Identity now his foes know of Grayven? Uh, can we go on the teacups?"
"Roller coaster first," Golten and Jaken said together, making themselves laugh.
---------------------
"Y'know," Hannabelle remarked as they walked through alien flora and Fauna, arm in arm, "this is probably the first time in years I've walked through a park without thinking - too much - about ambush points and other dangers? Although, of course, there aren't too many good ambush points here anyhow?"
--------------------
"Nothing good, I reckon," Keeva replied, letting responsibility control her fear, the same as she had when the STEELHAVEN was breaking up. "C'mon, Pred, we'd better get down to those lifesigns so we can get them in here. Whilst they're still there, I mean. We should, er, get as close as we can then let me down to invite them to come up here, yeah? Um, and, in case the fella's NOT watching? Better send up the Bat-signal?"
-------------------
"Don't worry, Captain," Corp said, convincing himself that he wasn't worried at least as he walked with the closest thing he had to family, "I'm sure a do-gooder with a planet sized battle station and an army of super-heroes never stays bored for long."
------------------
Sarah 'escorted' the pair back to the meeting place, where Colorado and Cherry were waiting. "Areet, youse twa," she asked in exaggerated accent.
"I think so," Cherry Seena sniffled. "Stopped sneezing for the moment anyhow."
------------------
"Well," Sana said, heading through the gate to the zoological gardens, "we're certainly more bipedal. I wonder if they have Earth Celicans? Or versions from other worlds?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:54 am Sarah 'escorted' the pair back to the meeting place, where Colorado and Cherry were waiting. "Areet, youse twa," she asked in exaggerated accent.
"I think so," Cherry Seena sniffled. "Stopped sneezing for the moment anyhow."
The two brothers nod politely at the doctor and his partner, not quite sure what to say.
"So... Uh... Are ye settlin' in all right?" Cailean awkwardly asks after a bit.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

It wasn’t long before a connection was established, though rather than showing footage from some sort of camera, the screen display some sort of light blue void, with some sort of cartoon dragon thing in the center. "So, you must be the illustrious Hivemind." The cartoon dragon, now revealed to the avatar of Wyvern, said. "Oh, and Kolt. Hey Kolt, how you doing?" She asked, her avatar doing a surprisingly adorable head tilt.
Kolt scratched the back of his head and gave a friendly, if somewhat awkward, smile. "Eh, kinda mixed? Made some friends, fought an evil god, got a girlfriend, fo-" He paused for a moment, as Wyvern let out an oddly satisfied giggle. "Um, I fought another evil god, had a rather nice evening with my friends, and then this morning I nearly killed them all after being possessed by a rogue Yah Rin, so-"
"Hold on, WHAT?!?" Wyvern asked, her chibi little avatar looking quite shocked.
"Yeah, that's a thing that happened. I think Hivemind wants to talk to you about think related to this?" He turned towards Hivemind, giving him a look as if to say "your turn man."
--
"Yeah, hopefully it's something simple though. Given what we've been through, I wouldn't be surprised if we had to do something crazy, like fighting raiders from the void between worlds, set to eliminate what they perceive as errors in reality." She joked, as they walked off in search of a Hivemind droid.
Last edited by Legotron123 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.