What Are You Doing Today?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Ash Greytree

Re: What Are You Doing Today?

Post by Ash Greytree »

Put some time into getting organized so that I can tackle my final project tomorrow. I have a checklist and guide and steps to complete all typed up and ready to go for the next few days as I work on this thing. Tomorrow I have a therapy appointment at 12:45PM, and need to get to sleep tonight at an earlier time than I have been in the past week or so so that I don't miss it.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Tomorrow I have to go through my closets and decide what to keep and what to get rid of for the move.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

My therapy session went well today. I’m going to relax and watch some shows now while eating a late lunch, and then get myself to proper work on my project.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Dental appointment today, checking on my dental implant foundations - all's good so set for the next stage. Be nice to be able to use both sides of the jaw to eat again.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Went to go over to the new house to talk with the inspector and see what needs to be done. It isn't a lot and there aren't any major worries so it looks like we are gonna be moving!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:40 pm Went to go over to the new house to talk with the inspector and see what needs to be done. It isn't a lot and there aren't any major worries so it looks like we are gonna be moving!
I'm overjoyed to hear that, Dayze, congratulations. That's got to be a big load off your mind.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I studied a lot today, but also played a lot of Animal Crossing! About to play Magic with my mate over the internet.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trying to tidy up my room a little bit so that when I pack things up it will be a bit easier.

It isn't working and my room is a massive disaster area. Under my bed is a computer graveyard.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Right now, I am working on Kingkaiger GT Warriors' Pilot. Wish me luck.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

My project is due today. I'm about 60% done with it, and need to get to work again shortly. I'm real proud of how much I did last night.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Visit to the podiatrist and then a little hunting for masks. Thanks to the coronavirus, everyday is Halloween :evil:
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Did some yard work then came home and had some pizza (Bacon, Chicken, Ranch Pizza), so now I'm just kicking back relaxing.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Started to clean out the attic so that when we pack everything up we don't have to figure out what we are taking and what we are keeping. Just the thought of going all through the attic makes me anxious because we have so much up there and with all of the items it makes me feel like we should be on an episode of "Hoarders: Buried Alive".
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

I’m going to spend the day relaxing after some hard work last night. I earned it, after getting that project done.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Cleaning out my grandmother's room with my mother, aunt, uncle and his wife. I just realized that she had a LOT of stuff even if she never used it. She didn't throw anything away. I hope that my mother doesn't get like that.

It's also sad since now my grandmother has been dead for 3 months.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Really behind schedule! Will be working all night and all weekend on Kingkaiger GT Warrior.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:08 pm Cleaning out my grandmother's room with my mother, aunt, uncle and his wife. I just realized that she had a LOT of stuff even if she never used it. She didn't throw anything away. I hope that my mother doesn't get like that.

It's also sad since now my grandmother has been dead for 3 months.
I went through the same thing back in 1998 (my parents died two months apart). A friend of mine called the process "family archeology". I knew everything had a meaning, invoked a memory for them. For us, it was just stuff. Even though some items I remembered as a child - pictures, postcards, toys, hummels, ornaments, cookie cutters - the connection was dim or gone. Passages, as they say.......
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really hoping that it doesn't happen and I end up losing the memories of my grandparents after everything that has been happening with so many things on my mind.

I also found my great-grandfather's obituary among my grandmother's things (said obituary was that of her father-in-law, my grandfather's father) and I learned that he came to this country from Italy in 1921. I also learned (more disturbingly) that he and his wife (my grandfather's mother) died 6 years apart. Like how his son and his wife (my grandparents) died 6 years apart.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Just returned from walking Sophie in the May "mini-blizzard" . She's just covered with sleet and totally puzzled by "all that white stuff". Me? Coffee time!!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So then you ended up getting snow as part of the historic May blizzard that came through the Northeast? We got nothing except a lot of wind and it being cold out.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:51 pm So then you ended up getting snow as part of the historic May blizzard that came through the Northeast? We got nothing except a lot of wind and it being cold out.
We did. It was very lovely but didn't stay. We got another sudden snowburst around 2:00pm later but, again, nothing stayed.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Species Change Week may be over but I intend on working on that Special/Pilot for a side series that will also be canon to the fanfiction proper.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Whatever you end up writing I'm sure like always it will be amazing! I can't wait to read it when you are finished!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

NHWestoN wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 4:43 pm
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:51 pm So then you ended up getting snow as part of the historic May blizzard that came through the Northeast? We got nothing except a lot of wind and it being cold out.
We did. It was very lovely but didn't stay. We got another sudden snowburst around 2:00pm later but, again, nothing stayed.
How did Sophie like it? My parents’ elderly dog loves snow, but she is part water dog.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Speaking of dogs, today I have to take one of them to the vet.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

trekkie wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:42 am
NHWestoN wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 4:43 pm
How did Sophie like it? My parents’ elderly dog loves snow, but she is part water dog.
Sophie was raised in North Carolina so she didn't have much experience with snow. At first, when we came north, she really didn't like it at all. Then she went out in the snow with the neighbor's Scotties and they all had a grand romp. Now, she kinda likes playing in drifts - there's a lot of Sheltie in her DNA so maybe that's coming out. Yesterday's snow wasn't much to bother with though, but she looks pretty with the flakes all over her black and brown coat.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Managed to wake up earlier than usual today. Which is good, because I'd been meaning to get my sleep schedule reset. I'm going to use today to get in some good reading on all the webcomics and manga that I've fallen behind on.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hoping that I don't have another recurrence of the two day headache I was suffering from.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Gonna play a bit before resuming work on my fanfic.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Puttin' on my bandit kerchief and hittin' the grocery store.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm actually surprised with all the face masks that nobody tried to rob anything yet since they wouldn't be identified.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Mowing my lawn before it gets too warm.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Got my exam in about 5 hours. Trying to relax and take it easy until then.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Good luck Ash!

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

You'll do fine, Ash. Just take your time, take ALL the time allowed for the test and, remember, YOU control it all. Good luck, chum.
Annnnnnnnnnd Sophie's here with her leash so gotta go! ;)
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Best of luck Ash! You can do it! :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Getting everything in order so that I can take my car to get looked at tomorrow.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:55 pm Getting everything in order so that I can take my car to get looked at tomorrow.
I just look at my car ... and put my face in my hands. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh I'm sure your car isn't that bad! What do you drive?
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

May have to consider the time to work on my fanfiction. If I must, I'll finish the Ninninger adaptation by my 30th birthday.