Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sarah sighed. "Found a few thin's, like," she said, having pocketed the few personal items she'd wanted to keep. Her brother's friendship ring and a pen given her by her mother, for example. "Bu' the beer's all gone an' this flamin' thing s'vived!" She held up a pack of three plastic miniature whiskeys.
"What in th' heck is tha'?" Conall asks in sign, sniffing at the bottles.
"Be polite, Conall. She's English sae she cannae appreciate guid Scotch." Cailean grins.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Well I mean if full cyborg is an option," Ulrich said with a chuckle. "Just kidding. Integrating it into the armor is a good idea though. I assume you have some kind of schematic drawn up for this, because I only have the base mount and cooling system."
------
"Well from the sound of it, it seems as though some unintended deaths may have occurred. Maybe a bit of jealousy on top," Denver stuck his tongue out playfully.
------
"Ah sure, if you want to, be my guest," Colorado said, shifting his chair to the side to allow Seena more room to use the terminal.
------
"Is excited the right word to use about someone else's experience? Because I'm kind of excited to see or meet this being," Chris said as they neared the garage.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It's Auchentosh or summat," Sarah commented, saying it directly to Conall as she didn't figure she knew how to sign the name. She put the minipack down to sign. Charles bought it for me as a cheap birthday gift, she explained. A course, if'n youse don't wanna have somea th' last Whisky frae oor universe t'night..?
----------------
Cherry got to work after Colorado provided his passcodes and pulled up the requisite biology and genetics files for Hivemind.
----------------
"Og... of course, Captain," Corp replied, choosing to step outside onto the silent bridge as he pulled his helmet back on to cover his face.
---------------
"So," Sana asked, "Whatcha wanna do today? I hear there's a place where we can see those Earth type Animals if you wanna?"
--------------
Figured so, Jenny told Quint.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Deciding to excuse himself, Hawk bid Brad goodbye and continued walking about the place for a while, thought-chatting with his OtherSide about things, including that of upgrading his revolvers. As he was passing by a nearby diner, he suddenly felt his stomach growl, causing him to chuckle a bit, "Guess I am a little hungry." With nothing else much to do, Hawk decided to enter said diner and get something to eat.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Jenny said, looking to keep her annoyance in check again, "to put it simply I got dressed for breakfast, went to make sure my... team-mate was up. That team mate, being possessed, proceeded to knock me flat on my backside somewhere in the middle of the parking lot and started firing clouds at everyone. I needed a few seconds to strategise and, quite frankly, I had no clue the clouds could become needle sharp daggers capable of ripping apart vehicles. It was also the only cover I could get to where he couldn't see me for a moment and I might make plans." Finally, having said her piece, she sat. I'm fine with you taking over when asked, Quint, she admitted, and no fibbing on my behalf. Truth is all important.
Hivemind sat relatively silently for a moment, reviewing something on a data pad. "Gadgeteer...?" he said suddenly, looking up at the Varanian.

"It was hard to determine from a distance that the clouds were made of knives. Or, at least, it was difficult for anyone without a HUD telling them what the cloud was." he said, surprisingly vouching for Jenny.

"I see." Hivemind said, seriously, before facing Jenny again. "And you weren't in your armor because you weren't expecting a fight. While I would think by now you would always be ready for a fight... I cannot expect you to wear your armor perpetually. That said, not only would your armor have had a HUD to tell you what the cloud was, it's shields would likely have offered better cover than the food truck anyway. Now I will ask, if you had been wearing your armor would your course of action have been different?"

---------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Don't forget that it's harder to fight with indigestion and heartburn," Jenevive advised, as she'd done dozens of times before. Golten rolled his eyes. He'd heard it several times.
"We'll be there," Corvis remarked.
"I wouldn't worry about that." Eira said, dismissively. She smirked lightly. "If you think Celican stomachs are strong, you don't know Lycans. Odds are I'll be hungry again by the time I get to the gym." She gave one last wave to the group and a "See ya!" before running out of the door.

---------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Good job I'd never say 'no', eh," Jaken said, putting on a grin.
"Just be sure not to blindly say yes either." Hivemind said with a nod. "You can trust that I know enough about this whole situation to trust I'm making the best decisions I can, but you always have the right to ask questions. Remember that."

---------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"That feeling," Keeva remarked, feeling the unease in her stomach, "you can feel from me is unease. It'll pass, big guy. Shall we go?"
"I... felt that." the Predator said, a noticeable concern in his tone. "It was a negative emotion. Unpleasant. Something rather not experienced again..." He commented. The drone started walking down the docks towards the doors. "All systems are green. I am ready to fly."

The predator crouched down on all fours, focusing on the open hanger doors. He unfolded his wings to their maximum wingspan. His thrusters started up silently, pushing him forward as he ran down the rest of the dock's length on all four legs. He took off from the end of the dock and rocketed out of the hanger.

The Predator drone turned his head to get a view of it's surroundings. The Beacon was so massive, it seemed to have it's own horizon. The space ship stretched out as far as the eyes could see, it's surface illuminated by the reflected light off of the planet below, as well as the various lights along the ship's exterior. There were countless doors for innumerable hangers, as well as turrets, missile launchers, drop pod launchers, defensive fortifications, ports, viewing platforms, Cargo holds, anything that could be put on the wall was there, and there were thousands of square miles to put them.

---------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I know, I know," Cherry said, entering the medical bay as Colorado put in his code. "Still feels good to give back, y'know?" She stepped over to the computer. "Want me to find the files, Col," she asked.
Deske wrote:"Ah sure, if you want to, be my guest," Colorado said, shifting his chair to the side to allow Seena more room to use the terminal.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Cherry got to work after Colorado provided his passcodes and pulled up the requisite biology and genetics files for Hivemind.
"Thank you." Hivemind said, downloading the files into the Hive network. "I will be sure to keep all personal health information private, and I will be sure to put the research data to good use. Was there anything else you needed? If there was anything you left on the ship, you should be able to retrieve it now."

---------------------
Legotron123 wrote:The moment Hivemind asked that question, Kolt’s expression noticeably darkened. “No. Not since the day before yesterday.” He said, his voice thick with concern. “Why, did something happen?”
"Hm? Oh!" Hivemind laughed. "No, no, nothing happened. I didn't mean to worry you. I was just wondering if you've taken the chance to tell them of yesterday's events. I was also wondering if you told your home planet about Diligitis, seeing as he's taken a particular interest in you it seems." He shrugged as the two walked deeper through the halls. "If not, it might be a good idea to inform them about some of the 'actors' and 'players' in this cosmic RPG of a universe we seem to live in." he chuckled again before growing serious. "It... feels like things are building to something. I don't know what. The demons have been trying to get avatars. I don't know why. It might be good to inform them of the aspects. Who's an ally, and who's an enemy. A planet filled with superheroes is going to catch the eyes of the aspects, especially now that you've made contact with the rest of the galaxy.

---------------------
Deske wrote:"Well I mean if full cyborg is an option," Ulrich said with a chuckle. "Just kidding. Integrating it into the armor is a good idea though. I assume you have some kind of schematic drawn up for this, because I only have the base mount and cooling system."
"During the duration of our conversation, I've already developed schematics for the first version and the 53 upgraded versions after that. I am currently working on designs for V.55, and I just finished them." Hivemind commented, as though there was nothing weird about what he just said and did. The droid opened the door to the forge and stood aside. "After you." he said, holding the door.

---------------------
Deske wrote:"Is excited the right word to use about someone else's experience? Because I'm kind of excited to see or meet this being," Chris said as they neared the garage.
"I would say it's an appropriate word to use." MT replied. The two of them had reached the garage. MT lowered himself to the ground, opened the door, and stepped inside.

Once he had closed the door, and the two were in private, MT followed Kolt's instructions. He kept in mind someone he at the very least believed he cared deeply about. His pilot, Chris. Focusing on the thoughts and feelings, the emotional data he experienced when he considered his friend, the mech spoke out.

"Diligitis?"

Nothing. Then, several alarms went off in MT's HUD of unknown data input and messages from an unknown source as a voice, soft and kind, reverberated in both his mind, and Chris's by extension. "Hello, MT. Hello, Chris. It is good to finally speak with you."

MT, for lack of a better term and based on the loud and startled shrieking noise he suddenly started making, was completely loosing his mind.

---------------------
SeanWolf wrote:Deciding to excuse himself, Hawk bid Brad goodbye and continued walking about the place for a while, thought-chatting with his OtherSide about things, including that of upgrading his revolvers. As he was passing by a nearby diner, he suddenly felt his stomach growl, causing him to chuckle a bit, "Guess I am a little hungry." With nothing else much to do, Hawk decided to enter said diner and get something to eat.
As he was entering the diner, someone running out pretty much crashed right into him. "OOF!" The individual was a tall female wolf with a brilliant white coat of fur, striking ice-blue eyes, an jet black hair. She had a duffle bag slung over her shoulder and looked to be in workout clothes. She was clearly extremely strong, with well-defined muscles pretty much everywhere that could be seen. One of the most notable traits she had, however, was that her right arm was completely made of ice from her elbow to her fingers. "Sorry about that..." Eira said.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:As he was entering the diner, someone running out pretty much crashed right into him. "OOF!" The individual was a tall female wolf with a brilliant white coat of fur, striking ice-blue eyes, an jet black hair. She had a duffle bag slung over her shoulder and looked to be in workout clothes. She was clearly extremely strong, with well-defined muscles pretty much everywhere that could be seen. One of the most notable traits she had, however, was that her right arm was completely made of ice from her elbow to her fingers. "Sorry about that..." Eira said.
Hawk yelped as something ran into him and knocked to the ground. "Urgh, that's OK," he groaned as he shook his head, the wind being knocked from him, before standing and brushing his jacket off, "Gotta tell ya, though, you hit like a howitzer..." his voice trailed off, then, as he got a better look at the person who ran into him, "Say, you look familiar. Didn't I see you yesterday or something?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny shook her head. "I can't answer that," she responded honestly. "That's 'coulda/woulda/shoulda' and I don't play that game anymore. Not since after I lost Garrett. Played it back then and it was almost to the end. So I try not to repeat too many of my mistakes in future by learning from what happened. Things I might have done don't matter because I didn't do them. And I can't promise that such events won't happen in the future because I don't have precognition - which wouldn't work as a power anyhow - but I'm working on getting better at it all.". She frowned slightly. Come to think of it, she thought to Quint, I did notice something interesting about Kolt's shields when Ko Sah was using the...
---------------
Corvis looked at Eira and his brother stole a 'potato thing' as he saw Corvis begin to grin and knew what was coming next... "Eira gave him the cold shoulder... Ow" He looked around to see who'd thrown the potato baton at his head.
"Boys..." Jenevive warned, "behave."
Hannabelle turned and peered at the newcomer. "He has the look of a hunter," she told Gear quietly, turning back to her platter.
-------------
"So," Jaken asked, "is... is there anything to do today? And I know you're going to say play..."
------------
Keeva usually fought down the butterflies of fear as she anticipated launch but, knowing how the excitement gave way to exhilaration, joy and laughter, she let it run this time for her friend giving him access to those emotions too as he ran, feeling the freedom of movement and the sheer love of running before 'blast off' and the feeling of awe as she beheld the Beacon from outside, the feeling of smallness and awesomeness mixing in with the sheer pleasure of the experience. "Awesome," she laughed. "I've got the best drone pilot in the fleet, eh?"
-----------
"Suppose I should see if any of my outfits survived, eh," Cherry admitted, thinking of one outfit in particular, "and hope a suitcase survived too."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana gave a shrug at Recon's words. "That's true. Don't think it's important enough to ask about though. But, yeah, he seems pretty chill form when I've interacted with him, or, you know, utterly smite-ful if the light show back there was any indication." Her mood seemed to shift slightly as she turned and face Recon again, "Speaking of, how'd things go for you down there?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"It's Auchentosh or summat," Sarah commented, saying it directly to Conall as she didn't figure she knew how to sign the name. She put the minipack down to sign. Charles bought it for me as a cheap birthday gift, she explained. A course, if'n youse don't wanna have somea th' last Whisky frae oor universe t'night..?
Conall's eyes go wide and he grabs the whiskey and hugs it to his chest.

"Well, Ah think tha's a pretty clear answer." Cailean laughs and signs.
"Yer nae such a fan o' whiskey then, hen?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Oh. Yeah, I told my team about Diligitus and Odium the other night. I’ve learned more since then though, so I should probably update them. Mycroft in particular seemed rather interested when I told her about them.” Kolt said, as they walked through the seemingly endless halls of the Beacon. His face got more serious when Hivemind mentioned the darker aspects having something planned, and after thinking for a moment, he seemed to have an idea. “Are there any Aspects other than Diligitus we can trust? Any that might have a vested interest in things not getting worse?”

Given the way Yah Rin possession works, you probably noticed a lot of “interesting” things about his forcefields. Quint snarked in a good natured fashion. But do go on, I am rather curious what you think stood out.

As soon as the door closed, Liz let out a sigh that slowly turned into a frustrated groan. She paced her soundproofed room back and forth for a minute, before turning to look at her son. “Did he tell you about this?”
Lewis shook his head. “He tried to, but I misinterpreted it as being caused by Cherry and Colorado’s feelings instead of being amplified by them.”
Liz let out another sigh, something she seemed to being doing a lot today, before burying her head in her hands. “I get why he told me, but I wish he hadn’t. Now I have no idea how to respond to this other than just acting like nothing happened.”
There was a bit of silence for a moment, before Lewis realized something. “I mean, we could always just do exactly that.”
—ONE MINUTE LATER—
The awkward silence Corp had been in after leaving Liz’ office was interrupted when the door suddenly opened, Liz and her son stepping out. “So, what’s next on our schedule?” She asked the mouse, her face as serious as it usually was.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Fantastic, as I said, I have nothing near that level of completion, so I will probably go with one of your designs. May I see them?" Ulrich asked, eager to get to work, even though he knew at this point that he was more than likely going to watch a machine synthesize everything instead of actually building anything. For one reason or another he looked forward to this.
------
Colorado nodded, "I'm glad this information will be of use to you." He inhaled lightly, moreover taking in the scent of the sterilized room than anything, enjoying how it intermingled with his mates smell. An odd mixture, but comforting nonetheless. "I think I've got a few pictures that I'd like to take home. Other than that, I need to start buying socks and sandals, so the clothes can stay."
------
Chris was silent for a second before his training kicked in and he began silencing alarms, then he began silencing the mech himself by attempting to take direct control and at least get him to physically settle down first.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:Hawk yelped as something ran into him and knocked to the ground. "Urgh, that's OK," he groaned as he shook his head, the wind being knocked from him, before standing and brushing his jacket off, "Gotta tell ya, though, you hit like a howitzer..." his voice trailed off, then, as he got a better look at the person who ran into him, "Say, you look familiar. Didn't I see you yesterday or something?"
"I'd hope I hit hard, or I'm going to be in serious trouble in today's tournament!" Eira laughed. "Though I'm afraid you're mistaken. I was planetside all day yesterday, and didn't get back until late. Name's Eira. Eira Steele." She held her right arm out to shake his hand. He would immediately notice that the arm from the elbow down was completely made of ice.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Corvis looked at Eira and his brother stole a 'potato thing' as he saw Corvis begin to grin and knew what was coming next... "Eira gave him the cold shoulder... Ow" He looked around to see who'd thrown the potato baton at his head.
"Boys..." Jenevive warned, "behave."
Hannabelle turned and peered at the newcomer. "He has the look of a hunter," she told Gear quietly, turning back to her platter.
"Bounty hunter, ta be specific." Gear quietly replied with a nod. "Hivemind mentioned 'im when he got on board. Told us vets to keep an eye out for 'im. The Hive don't trust bounty hunters."

----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny shook her head. "I can't answer that," she responded honestly. "That's 'coulda/woulda/shoulda' and I don't play that game anymore. Not since after I lost Garrett. Played it back then and it was almost to the end. So I try not to repeat too many of my mistakes in future by learning from what happened. Things I might have done don't matter because I didn't do them. And I can't promise that such events won't happen in the future because I don't have precognition - which wouldn't work as a power anyhow - but I'm working on getting better at it all.". She frowned slightly. Come to think of it, she thought to Quint, I did notice something interesting about Kolt's shields when Ko Sah was using the...
Hivemind nodded. "Then allow me to rephrase. Do you think that the situation got as bad as it did because the team was caught in an unprepared state?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"So," Jaken asked, "is... is there anything to do today? And I know you're going to say play..."
"I'm going to introduce you to the other Celicans kids. I think you will get along well with them." Hivemind said. "Right now we're simply stalling so we don't barge in on them while they're eating."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keeva usually fought down the butterflies of fear as she anticipated launch but, knowing how the excitement gave way to exhilaration, joy and laughter, she let it run this time for her friend giving him access to those emotions too as he ran, feeling the freedom of movement and the sheer love of running before 'blast off' and the feeling of awe as she beheld the Beacon from outside, the feeling of smallness and awesomeness mixing in with the sheer pleasure of the experience. "Awesome," she laughed. "I've got the best drone pilot in the fleet, eh?"
The Predator drone could feel the fear, the excitement, the raw emotion coming from his passenger as he took off and flew along the outside of the Beacon. He wanted to feel it again. The drone dove down, heading straight for the Beacon's outer hull before pulling back at the last second. He blasted off, accelerating faster and faster, dodging and weaving between battlements and turrets and shield towers, weaving between freighters and shuttles entering and leaving from the Beacon's countless hangers. He was moving faster and faster, hundreds, then thousands of kilometers per hour as he soared along the Beacon's length.

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana gave a shrug at Recon's words. "That's true. Don't think it's important enough to ask about though. But, yeah, he seems pretty chill form when I've interacted with him, or, you know, utterly smite-ful if the light show back there was any indication." Her mood seemed to shift slightly as she turned and face Recon again, "Speaking of, how'd things go for you down there?"
"I think better than most." Recon answered, shaking her head. "I was too fast for that body snatcher to hit, so I came out of it mostly unscathed. It's the second time in two days that Archangel's been badly injured, though..."

Legotron123 wrote:“Oh. Yeah, I told my team about Diligitus and Odium the other night. I’ve learned more since then though, so I should probably update them. Mycroft in particular seemed rather interested when I told her about them.” Kolt said, as they walked through the seemingly endless halls of the Beacon. His face got more serious when Hivemind mentioned the darker aspects having something planned, and after thinking for a moment, he seemed to have an idea. “Are there any Aspects other than Diligitus we can trust? Any that might have a vested interest in things not getting worse?”
"Oh, sure." Hivemind nodded, sounding somewhat cheerful. "There's loads. There's about the same number of angelic aspects as demonic ones, and most aspects are considered somewhere in-between." he explained. He started listing off a few, counting them on his fingers.

"There's Pax, angelic aspect of peace. Not particularly strong, and has trouble enforcing their ideals, but can offer sanctuary in places they have a strong presence."

"There's Sapientia, the aspect of Wisdom. Angelic aspect. Always willing to offer guidance. They're the most level-headed aspect and is relatively calm and soft-spoken. Patron of Philosophers."

"Cognitionis is the aspect of Knowledge. It's a neutral aspect, considered either good or evil depending on how the power Cognitionis provides is used. Patron of Scientists."

"Animo is the Neutral aspect of Courage. Not angelic, since he can inspire recklessness and wicked people can be brave too, but he's an ally to seek out in any fight against a powerful enemy."

"And, ironically, the split aspect of Fear, Timore, Terrore, and Anxietatem, may be unpleasant to be around. However, their job is to keep mortals out of trouble, and they care more about Mortals and our safety than any other aspect outside of Diligitis himself."

Hivemind lowered his hands and stopped listing aspects. "There are loads of aspects. If you'd like, I could join you in contacting your home. I would be glad to answer any questions Mycroft might have."

Deske wrote:"Fantastic, as I said, I have nothing near that level of completion, so I will probably go with one of your designs. May I see them?" Ulrich asked, eager to get to work, even though he knew at this point that he was more than likely going to watch a machine synthesize everything instead of actually building anything. For one reason or another he looked forward to this.
Hivemind nodded and walked over to the nanoforge, a table with a grid-like pattern underneath what seemed to be an upside-down copy of itself attached to the ceiling. A number of mechanical arms with various tools and needle-like devices hung from the top part and pointed inward at the space between the two halves of the nanoforge. Hivemind turned the device on, and a holographic projection of three different suits of sturdy, heavy armor fit for a defensive Champion like Ulrich. "First thing to decide is if it's going to be completely integrated into the armor..." Hivemind pointed to the first suit of armor, which was on it's own visibly different from the other two. With additional components dedicated specifically to the shielding system, the armor had a considerably larger profile. "...Or it could be a separate rig that gets installed on or under the armor." He gestured to the other two. The first one had a sort of additional exoskeleton on the outside of the suit's armored hull. The final suit was dismantled to show the same exoskeleton rig, only positioned so that the armored plating went on top of it rather than it on top of the armor.

"Full integration allows for me to create a suit entirely customized to optimize for the shielding system for high defense, cooling, redundancy, and efficiency. A fully integrated system would also provide optimal protection for the shielding system itself. The drawback is the added systems increase the weight and slightly decrease the mobility of the armor, and a lack of modular, interchangeable design." Hivemind explained. "The external rig easily solves the cooling problem, but the rig is out in the open. If your shielding fails or enters an emergency cool down, the rig is exposed to possible damage. The internal rig provides for a modular design that can be integrated into any heavy armor, and it offers better protection for the rig itself, but it will be somewhat more prone to overheating due to much of it's surface area being covered up."

Deske wrote:Chris was silent for a second before his training kicked in and he began silencing alarms, then he began silencing the mech himself by attempting to take direct control and at least get him to physically settle down first.
MT calmed down pretty quickly once the alarms were shut off. Though given the noise his cooling systems were made as they ran air over his processors, he was still doing the robot equivalent of hyperventilating.

Meanwhile, the mysterious voice was laughing jovially. "Ah, I'm sorry. I did not mean to cause alarm... or alarms! Though that is a natural reaction, I've found."

"Who is this?" MT inquired immediately.

"I am Diligitis." the voice replied. "Also known by some as Agape, Eros, Philia, Storge, Amor, Charity, Empathy..." Diligitis spoke, calmly and kindly. "I am love. The collective love of all life in existence, given a voice by your own will to listen."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:"I'd hope I hit hard, or I'm going to be in serious trouble in today's tournament!" Eira laughed. "Though I'm afraid you're mistaken. I was planetside all day yesterday, and didn't get back until late. Name's Eira. Eira Steele." She held her right arm out to shake his hand. He would immediately notice that the arm from the elbow down was completely made of ice.
"I'm Hawk Redsky," he replies, accepting the shake, "Interesting looking arm you have. How did you get it, if you don't mind me asking?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny let out a breath. "Frankly," she admitted, "a lot of things could have gone better but that was a situation so random, that developed so fast, there probably isn't any way we could have been prepared for it. How are they, by the way?"
Tell you when we're done here, Quint. she thought.
-----------------
"They're taking forever over breakfast," Jaken mock complained, knowing it had only been a few minutes. Behind him, Doris was trying to get her son to stop running on the walls. Jaken got a glint in his eye as he watched the youngster. "May I," he asked, doing his best to imitate a portal.
-----------------
"Not much I can think of," Corp said, slipping back into normality despite his flipflopping feelings. "I can work on, er, updating the files through the Heads up if you like? Other than that, I think it's personal stuff and making sure nothing dangerous is still running."
---------------
"Obviously didn't come on the same way I did, eh," Hannabelle whisper-grinned. "No tag."
---------------
"Ah'm more'v a 'epple girl, me," Sarah declared, speaking of a Gin local to her home on Earth, "but th' Scotch broth'll do inna pinch, like."
--------------
Keeva felt all the thrills of the rollercoaster on the ride. The sheer belief you were about to fall to your doom and the wildness as you swooped away that brought about completely intended laughter and the odd bit of whooping. "If I were completely physical," she laughed, "I'd probably need the toilet now!" She wondered what Hivemind was thinking of this. But she didn't much mind.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:57 am"Ah'm more'v a 'epple girl, me," Sarah declared, speaking of a Gin local to her home on Earth, "but th' Scotch broth'll do inna pinch, like."
"Och, it'll muir than dae! It'll put some hair on yer chest an' a fire in yer veins th' like o' which has never been seen in an Englishdog. Why, proper Scotch whiskey is an ambrosia, a nectar o' th' gods! It's a panacea, a fortifier, a steeler o' nerves! A-"
"All right, all right, Conall! We get th' idea!" Cailean laughs.
Conall shrugs.
"It tastes [expletive] good too!" he finishes with a grin.
"Can ye tell he like his Scotch?" Cailean asks Sarah aloud, signing the same for his brother's benefit.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana let out a modulated hum, "Good to hear the first part, not so much the second." Her helmet tilted slightly in thought as one came to her. "You know, sometimes I wonder what it'd be like if I was actually fleshy, but more often than not I shudder at the medical treatment I'd need. Body snatcher blew part of my helmet off down there. Then again, could be I'm just not all that cautious." She rambled.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt nodded along as Hivemind spoke, clearly fitting this new information into his plan. “We should try to get Sapientia, Animo, and the fear trio Avatars. They seem like the most willing to help us here.” He said, as they continued through the labyrinthine halls. “We should also talk to Diligitus and see if there’s anyone in his afterlife who’d be willing to come back and help fight.

Okay then. Quint replied, before going silent, letting Jenny continue talking to Hivemind in peace.

Liz gave a hmmm and nodded, thinking for a moment before speaking again. “Let’s head to our hanger. I have something I’d like to test that requires a bit of space.” She said before walking off.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:"I'm Hawk Redsky," he replies, accepting the shake, "Interesting looking arm you have. How did you get it, if you don't mind me asking?"
"Lost it as a kid, and so I used my aquakinesis to make a new one out of ice." She said, not really giving any information on how exactly she lost it. It seems though from her tone and evading that it was something of a sore spot in her past. "You interested in professional fighting, Hawk?" she asked, a bit more casually this time.

-------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny let out a breath. "Frankly," she admitted, "a lot of things could have gone better but that was a situation so random, that developed so fast, there probably isn't any way we could have been prepared for it. How are they, by the way?"
Tell you when we're done here, Quint. she thought.
"What I am trying to get at is that we need to be prepared for random situations. How many times in the past few days has a simple job or even a working vacation instantly escalated into total havoc?" Hivemind sat back and folded his hands, thinking to himself for a bit. "I would like to try a few things. I am going to work on getting you and your team light-weight portable versions of your equipment that you can carry on your person discretely at all times. Much like you would with your wallet or ID card. I believe I can do this with shielding systems and some offensive equipment. A lightweight utility belt could be used to store the equipment without inconveniencing your day-to-day activities. In addition, I believe additional training will be needed for your entire team. The training in question will be random, and you will not be told what the scenario is until the scenario starts. My hope is this will improve your improvisation skills and help you prepare for the unexpected."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"They're taking forever over breakfast," Jaken mock complained, knowing it had only been a few minutes. Behind him, Doris was trying to get her son to stop running on the walls. Jaken got a glint in his eye as he watched the youngster. "May I," he asked, doing his best to imitate a portal.
"I cannot give you permission to do that." Hivemind looked off into the distance. "However, I suddenly find that gift shop quite interesting, and believe I will look away from you at it for the next ten seconds." He turned his robotic eyes away from Jaken and to the shop in the other direction. He couldn't simply say Jaken could do it, or he could get in trouble with Doris and her son. That being acknowledged, he also knew nothing Jaken did would actually cause any harm. A person could drop off of the highest point in the city and be fine because of Hivemind's defenses.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Obviously didn't come on the same way I did, eh," Hannabelle whisper-grinned. "No tag."
"Prob'ly why Hive's so suspicious of 'em." Gear said with a shrug. "'least with you he knew why you came aboard."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keeva felt all the thrills of the rollercoaster on the ride. The sheer belief you were about to fall to your doom and the wildness as you swooped away that brought about completely intended laughter and the odd bit of whooping. "If I were completely physical," she laughed, "I'd probably need the toilet now!" She wondered what Hivemind was thinking of this. But she didn't much mind.
Hivemind was keeping a close eye on the Predator drone, but he wasn't worried. He made the Predator, and knew the drone's flight systems inside and out. To see the drone flying out there on it's own, of it's own will and apparently enjoying the flight, he had to feel at least a little proud.

Outside, the Predator drone didn't say anything. He absorbed the data on the feelings and sensations coming from his passenger, processing it and learning to recognize it in the future. As he performed more and more stunts, he could feel his own processes generating that emotion alongside Keeva's. Eventually, the drone slowed down. The sun was just peeking out from behind the Beacon as the Drone reached it's bow, and the stars formed a background behind the planet of Celica below. "This is quite a view, I must say."

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana let out a modulated hum, "Good to hear the first part, not so much the second." Her helmet tilted slightly in thought as one came to her. "You know, sometimes I wonder what it'd be like if I was actually fleshy, but more often than not I shudder at the medical treatment I'd need. Body snatcher blew part of my helmet off down there. Then again, could be I'm just not all that cautious." She rambled.
"Yeah... about that..." Recon fidgeted in place. "I don't know if there's a tactful way to ask this, but... how exactly does that work? I mean, being a liquiform? How do you think without a brain? Or eat without a digestive system? Do you need oxygen? If so, how do you get it without lungs?"

Legotron123 wrote:Kolt nodded along as Hivemind spoke, clearly fitting this new information into his plan. “We should try to get Sapientia, Animo, and the fear trio Avatars. They seem like the most willing to help us here.” He said, as they continued through the labyrinthine halls. “We should also talk to Diligitus and see if there’s anyone in his afterlife who’d be willing to come back and help fight.
Hivemind shook his head and approached the door to the interrogation room. "It won't be as simple as just asking them. Diligitis is relatively easy to contact. You might be able to contact Sapientia through a particularly wise philosopher or some other wise individual, but I honestly don't know how to contact Animo in a situation where we'd be able to ask for his help with this. It's hard to summon bravery unless there's danger you're afraid to confront. And contacting the Fear trio would require being in a state of terror or severe anxiety. You don't seem like the type to get scared easily, so someone else might have to contact them." When the subject of Diligitis and the possibility of bringing back the dead came up, Hivemind got rather stern. "That is beyond any of us. None of us have the right to ask that of Diligitis. I've tampered with life and death before, and there's a city full of resurrected people who need daily therapy and medication. Diligitis is a warden of the afterlife. He is in charge of souls. We can ask for his help, and if he sees fit he will help us however he can. And however he helps us, we will have to accept it. If that means sending us some of our fallen allies, that would be great. But we cannot ask for that much."

Hivemind sighed. "Right then. Are you ready to interrogate the slug?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Sounds smart," Jenny agreed, wondering when it had become 'her' team and wasn't Kolt in charge with her just advising? "Being ready for 98% of possibilities will be of advantage. And more training is always smart," she nodded. "Maybe not today as I have to check on the wounded and I'm a day late for a chat with a Necromancer..."
------------
Jaken smirked slightly as Hive looked away and he opened a portal in front of a speeding Squirrel that emptied over the pool, which Andy landed in with a short cry and a 'splosh!' as the portal vanished. Behind an 'innocent' looking Celican, a drenched Squirrel swam back to land.
------------
"And there you prove you're getting the hang of awe, Pred," Keeva said, enjoying the view. "Quite something, isn't it?"
-----------
"Well, he does seem to be rather a good planner," Hannabelle admitted as the others ate. "possibly a bit paranoid but... He probably heard that, hey?
-----------
"'S'pose y' got summat there," Sarah replied and signed, "but ah don' think ah need mair hair doon yere," she added, before pulling her shirt collar so she could look down at her chest. "What d'ye reckon," she asked, grinning whilst she offered Cailean a look.
----------
"Certainly, Captain," Corp remarked, putting his hands behind his back as he followed Liz and Lewis.
---------
Sana waited on Denver's decision on if he wanted to go to the gardens to see the 'animals'.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon May 04, 2020 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:42 am"Lost it as a kid, and so I used my aquakinesis to make a new one out of ice." She said, not really giving any information on how exactly she lost it. It seems though from her tone and evading that it was something of a sore spot in her past. "You interested in professional fighting, Hawk?" she asked, a bit more casually this time.
"Professional Fighting? Like the stuff I seen aired here a lot with the crazy storylines and impressive entrances?" Hawk asked, believing that what she was referring to.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana shrugged, "To be honest I'm not quite sure myself. Food I eat is broken down far more than most species can manage, I think I need oxygen? Maybe just a little? I've ran into a few other liquiforms that have described me as 'odd'. Not helped is I woke up in a lab with my shell nearby and no one and nothing else there to give me answers. Then Crazy Joe Preacher, merc back on the Rim, claimed I was psychic goo possessed by fragments of many souls stitched together. Woulda creeped me out if he also hadn't claimed to be around for Lazarus' birth, when there's a credible debate still raging as to whether he's older than some of the planets in the Rim." She shrugged again, giving a modulated chuckle, "Wish I could give you answers, but when I don't even know where I came from after ten years of looking, I got nothing."
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Yeah, that sounds like it could be fun." Denver said, "Nothing like a good cliche date to really break the ice even further, yeah?"
------
"Huh," Chris said, not entirely there, this having been his first time contacting a deity before. "Well, uh, hello..."
------
"Tough choice," Ulrich muttered to himself as he watched as Hivemind went over the various designs he'd come up with. "I guess it depends on the likelihood of whether or not I'll be able to make it back to here in the event of damage of some sort. It'd be easier to swap parts off if they sustained some sort of damage with a modular version, but the integrated version is better in all facet except for that..." He studied each of the designs for a little longer. "I think I'll go with the integrated version. I can't really see any sustained damage that wouldn't be able to be patched up on the move."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:01 pm"'S'pose y' got summat there," Sarah replied and signed, "but ah don' think ah need mair hair doon yere," she added, before pulling her shirt collar so she could look down at her chest. "What d'ye reckon," she asked, grinning whilst she offered Cailean a look.
Conall coughs and suddenly becomes very interested in examining the label on the bottle in his paws, a grin and a blush spreading across his muzzle.

"Och, put it awye, ye great numpty. Cannae ye see yer embarrassin' Conall?" Cailean laughs, badly pretending not to look and covering his glance by adjusting his gloves.
"Sae... Is there anythin' else ye want tae grab or...?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“I never said I thought it would be easy, just that I thought it would help.” Kolt replied, before pausing as he realized something. ”Though I do have a candidate in mind for if we decide to contact Cognitionis. But that’s beside the point.” He said, as they came to a halt in front of the interrogation room. He didn’t hesitate when asked if he was ready, just giving Hivemind and quick nod and heading in.

Quint let out a quick laugh at Jenny’s words. My apologies, it is just that Kolt has the exact opposite view. You are in charge, and he is the advisor. He has never viewed himself as a leader, and I doubt he would accept a leadership position if he was offered one.

After a bit of walking, the trio arrived in the Steelhaven’s hanger. Liz gave it a look around, taking a moment to admire the familiar setting, before turning to look at her right hand man. ”Can you do me a favor and time me? I want to test something.”

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh," Jenny added, "you DO make a lot of sense about being in the armour all the time but... It does have two drawbacks. One is that people will then prepare for the armour and, thus, negate some of the advantage and..." She sucked her teeth. "Forever appearing in armour? It can be seen as us being afraid. The, uh, portable stuff? That's the smart option, boss."

Well, she thought, let's compromise on 'our' team for the three of us, yeah? And not tell him(!)
-----------------
"Absolutely, Captain," Corp said, setting the stopwatch on his helmet's H.U.D. "Stopwatch ready."
----------------
Cherry picked up the things she wanted that had survived the 'jolt' and put them in the small case that hadn't ripped out of the hull or through a bulkhead or floor or ceiling into someone else's home. She looked at an egg-timer she'd found on her bed and wondered where that had come from and what someone had used it for when everything cooked came from machines. She put it back on the bed and picked up a fractured picture that definitely belonged to her. She looked back out at herself from the midst of a family picture and idly worried if Colorado could pick her out. Sometimes even she couldn't. It went in the case, along with a few outfits and a certain midnight blue dress. She closed the case and headed away from her old place. Just before she left, she nipped back into the kitchenette and retrieved a mug labelled 'Universe's best Rat' that had survived due to being swaddled in towels and crooked a finger to carry it by the handle as she pulled her case behind her and headed for Colorado's suite. Hang on, she thought, why does Col want socks?
------------
Sana frowned. "I would DIE before I do something clichéd" she pronounced in mock seriousness. She gave him a final quick kiss and slipped off to go and get dressed in something less formal.
-----------
"No' really," Sarah replied. "Got me stuff, got me boys..." She reached over to ruffle the Laird's head fur. "No' more's needed, like?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:35 am "No' really," Sarah replied. "Got me stuff, got me boys..." She reached over to ruffle the Laird's head fur. "No' more's needed, like?"
As Sarah rubs his head, Conall looks around just in time to see the tail end of Sarah's answer.
"More what's needed?" he asks in sign, having misssed the context and the beginning of the sentence.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:01 pm "Sounds smart," Jenny agreed, wondering when it had become 'her' team and wasn't Kolt in charge with her just advising? "Being ready for 98% of possibilities will be of advantage. And more training is always smart," she nodded. "Maybe not today as I have to check on the wounded and I'm a day late for a chat with a Necromancer..."
"Those things should not take all day..." Hivemind started. "But very well. We will begin the additional training tomorrow. I have to inform your teammates of this change anyway. You are dismissed." Hivemind and Gadgeteer stood up and headed for the door.

--------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:01 pmJaken smirked slightly as Hive looked away and he opened a portal in front of a speeding Squirrel that emptied over the pool, which Andy landed in with a short cry and a 'splosh!' as the portal vanished. Behind an 'innocent' looking Celican, a drenched Squirrel swam back to land.
Hivemind turned his head to the pool when he heard the splash, internally smiling since his metal face couldn't smile externally. "Watch your step please! No running around the pool or on walls above ten feet off the ground!" he called out as the squirrel climbed out of the pool with the help of another hive droid. "Really, he could fall and... well, I guess he couldn't hurt himself since the floor would basically turn into a big marshmallow to break his fall, but he still shouldn't take that risk."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:01 pm"And there you prove you're getting the hang of awe, Pred," Keeva said, enjoying the view. "Quite something, isn't it?"
"Indeed..." The Predator said as he absorbed more data on the emotion of 'awe' coming from Keeva. The more he learned, the more he absorbed, the more he didn't want to look away from this view. "Perhaps... we should stay here for a little while longer..."

SeanWolf wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:18 pm"Professional Fighting? Like the stuff I seen aired here a lot with the crazy storylines and impressive entrances?" Hawk asked, believing that what she was referring to.
The she-wolf shook her head. "Nah, that's professional wrestling." Eira corrected. "Professional Fighting doesn't have all of that over-the-top fakeness and acting. It's two or more professional super-powered fighters competing with each other in an arena. Fight goes until a KO, TKO, Time Out, Ring Out, basically anything you might expect from boxing or MMA fights."

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:01 pm"Well, he does seem to be rather a good planner," Hannabelle admitted as the others ate. "possibly a bit paranoid but... He probably heard that, hey?
"Hive's a bit paranoid..." Gear said, feeling a regular speaking volume was fine now that the conversation had shifted to Hivemind instead of their guest. "But he's the leader of a nation of ten billion people, an' he knows every one of them by name. Most leaders're paranoid about loosing their power. Hive's paranoid about his people's lives, and makin' sure they're safe. It's why the Beacon's not an oppressive dystopia 'spite every square inch'a the ship bein' monitored."

Neon Icy Wings wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:31 pm Tatiana shrugged, "To be honest I'm not quite sure myself. Food I eat is broken down far more than most species can manage, I think I need oxygen? Maybe just a little? I've ran into a few other liquiforms that have described me as 'odd'. Not helped is I woke up in a lab with my shell nearby and no one and nothing else there to give me answers. Then Crazy Joe Preacher, merc back on the Rim, claimed I was psychic goo possessed by fragments of many souls stitched together. Woulda creeped me out if he also hadn't claimed to be around for Lazarus' birth, when there's a credible debate still raging as to whether he's older than some of the planets in the Rim." She shrugged again, giving a modulated chuckle, "Wish I could give you answers, but when I don't even know where I came from after ten years of looking, I got nothing."
Recon hummed to herself. "Well, maybe at some point we'll be able to go find that lab. With Hive's resources, I'm sure we'd learn more about the lab and your origins!"

Deske wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:29 am"Huh," Chris said, not entirely there, this having been his first time contacting a deity before. "Well, uh, hello..."
"Hello again!" the cheerful voice chuckled. "Now... I sense there is something you wished to ask me, MT. Before you do, I want you to consider what I have told you I am. I am the aspect of love, not the aspect of simulated love. You summoned me, MT. Your feelings, and your mind, are genuine." The entity spoke into Chris and MT's heads.

MT started to ask more questions. "Though what about..."

"There are no exceptions." The voice inturrupted. "There are no loopholes. There are no 'but actually's' with this. If you hear my voice, if you feel my presence, you have a soul. You feel love. Your mind is complex enough to sustain a soul, and so a soul you have. That is all there is to it."

MT went quiet. It would take him a while to process what was being said.

Deske wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:29 am"Tough choice," Ulrich muttered to himself as he watched as Hivemind went over the various designs he'd come up with. "I guess it depends on the likelihood of whether or not I'll be able to make it back to here in the event of damage of some sort. It'd be easier to swap parts off if they sustained some sort of damage with a modular version, but the integrated version is better in all facet except for that..." He studied each of the designs for a little longer. "I think I'll go with the integrated version. I can't really see any sustained damage that wouldn't be able to be patched up on the move."
"Full Integration it is then." Hivemind said with an approving nod. "Next order of business. The Fully Integrated suit has some options available to it. All Champion Armor comes with it's own plasma-based shielding system. This shielding is strong against solid-state projectiles and concussive waves, mostly. However, it can only take so much before shutting down. Your shields would last longer." Hivemind tapped the table again and the image of the integrated system pushed out the two modular designs. The hologram zoomed in on a cutaway image of the back of the armor where a small shield generator was located.

"I can leave the armor's shielding as it is, or remove the generator and route your hardlight generator to the armor's body shields. Alternatively, I can leave the generator in and set up a fuse switch so the armor switches to the hardlight shields when the plasma shields start to deplete. Doing that will take some extra time, but it should still be ready by your next assignment."

Legotron123 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:17 pm “I never said I thought it would be easy, just that I thought it would help.” Kolt replied, before pausing as he realized something. ”Though I do have a candidate in mind for if we decide to contact Cognitionis. But that’s beside the point.” He said, as they came to a halt in front of the interrogation room. He didn’t hesitate when asked if he was ready, just giving Hivemind and quick nod and heading in.
Hivemind and Kolt entered the room, but it might not have been exactly what Kolt was expecting. They weren't in the interrogation room itself, rather in the viewing room situated behind a one-way mirror much like would be found in a police station. On the other side of the mirror, the grotesque slug-creature was sitting... laying... standing... it was hard to tell without legs, on a stool in front of a desk. His arms were chained thoroughly to the stool below him. Across from him, another hive droid was sitting, flanked by two armed heavy security droids. A digitizer cannon, much like what was in Predator's mouth, hung from the ceiling pointed at Ko Sah.

"Figured he might not cooperate if he saw you. But you can still help from here. Any suggestions on where I should start in terms of questioning? And yes, I do have some ideas myself, but this is a bit of a learning experience. I haven't had you interrogate a suspect before."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:26 pm The she-wolf shook her head. "Nah, that's professional wrestling." Eira corrected. "Professional Fighting doesn't have all of that over-the-top fakeness and acting. It's two or more professional super-powered fighters competing with each other in an arena. Fight goes until a KO, TKO, Time Out, Ring Out, basically anything you might expect from boxing or MMA fights."
"Oh, that. I've heard of it...think we did some pro fighting on Vesperia few years back, but I can't really say it's something we're a fan of," Hawk admitted before asking, "Why did you ask?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny stood, wondering if Hive would remember he wanted to talk with Quint too. "Of course, sir," she said, "Which medical bay should I be heading for?
---------------
Doris thanked the Hivebot as she recovered her son, who was still looking around to see what happened.
"What's a Marshmallow," Jaken asked, thinking of small creatures that lived in semi-aquatic lands, possibly with six legs and a tongue that lashed out ten feet in length.
-------------
"Yeah," Hannabelle replied, "I'd hate to do the paperwork."
"Mr Hive probably just delegates it to several hundred other hims," Corvis pronounced between bites and slurps.
"So where are we going after this," Golten asked the Lycan, feeling that he'd not said anything for some time and wanting to get some attention back on him.
------------
"Yeah," Keeva replied, "We have time. You know, up to a few weeks ago, I'd almost given up on seeing sights like this. I was being held captive for quite some time until I managed to escape. Since then I've almost been killed several times - once, even, by a dimensional shift almost ripping the spaceship in two. Quiet moments like this kinda make it worth it, yeah?" During the talk, Keeva hoped she'd given a little hint as to desperation and relief and the current pleasure.
------------
Naw, Sarah signed, were sayin' nothin's needed, like. Got youse twa, me stuff an' me life. 'S'what I need, yeah?We gonna 'ead off?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:59 am Naw, Sarah signed, were sayin' nothin's needed, like. Got youse twa, me stuff an' me life. 'S'what I need, yeah? We gonna 'ead off?
"Aww, tha's nice o' ye tae say." Conall smiles. "Aye, let's get oot o' here."
"Sae what sort o' job dae ye think ye'll get, Sarah?" Cailean asks as the group leaves the ship, making sure Conall can see his lips.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana tilted her helmet back and forth at Recon's words, "Perhaps. Would like to know, but kinda fear knowing. Ya know? Also doesn't help that Beacon flying anywhere near the Rim will set something off between the corps'. Escalation or uniting most likely, both bad."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado busied himself with picking out some clothes from the closet in the medical bay before he went back to the room he barely used. A few old shirts that he used to relax in, his favorite lab coat that had his name embroidered over the left pocket, a small vacuum sealed bag that had a bundled up blanket in it, and a datapad that had survived the trip on his nightstand. All of which he stuffed into an old, beaten up backpack before he headed to his room to grab a bag that probably hadn't been unpacked since he'd commissioned.
------
"Fuse switch sounds like the best idea. I'd prefer to not have to worry about myself so that it doesn't detract from whatever constructs I am controlling," Ulrich said, having quickly weighed the two options. "Out of curiosity, what are the customization limits on the generator programming? I would prefer building my own library of commands, but I understand if this is not possible."
------
"Told you," Chris said, with only the slightest hint of smugness.
------
"I believe it," Denver said, already feeling his ears redden from the kiss. "I'll just, uh, wait here then."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Yeah, it’s been a while since I’ve done any interrogations. Once we got Mycroft, interrogations mostly consisted of putting her in a room with the perp and having her extract their entire life story from the way their shirt is ruffled.” Kolt said, before looking over at Ko Sah and going deep into thought. After a few minutes of silently stared, he shrugged and looked at the Hivemind drone he was with. ”If I’m completely honest, I can’t think of any questions I’d want to ask him that I’m not already pretty sure of the answer to, or that I think he’d actually answer.”

To be honest, I desire leadership even less than Kolt does. The idea of being responsible for other living beings is not appealing to me. Quint said, before his tone turned inquisitive. But enough about me. Why are YOU so reluctant to take leadership? You have shown yourself to be rather good at it.

Once she was certain Corp was ready, Liz closed her eyes and took a deep breath to prepare herself for what was about to happen. ”Go.” As soon as she said those words, she started changing, growing larger and more scaly. Her dress pants shifted to accommodate her growing tail, as her face stretched out, and frills started to form on the side of her head. A little under a quarter of a minute since Corp started the timer, and the spitting image of the Shipmaster they fought yesterday was now sitting in the hanger. “Stop.” Liz said once the transformation was finished, before looking down at Corp. “How long did I take?”

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny chuckled - which probably looked a bit odd. Street Rat - no pun intended, she told Quint, and streetwise agent. Some of the others have done life or death for decades longer than me. I can do strategies, sure. Sometimes, though, it pays to not have to call strategy in combat. Oh, that thing I noticed? He was able to block the sonic effect of the cone. Should have been deafened but he was hearing and talking normally until the shields fell. Only thing I can figure is that Kolt's shields can be modulated to block specific frequencies.
She blinked, becoming aware that she'd 'thought' all that in barely a few seconds.
---------------
"13.27 seconds," Corp said, matter of factly. "You may want to work on that. A lot can happen in thirteen seconds." He made a decision to test how to bring out his power. Seeing as it seemed to work on anger and fury and several other negative emotions, he chose to think of Fortis and the times they'd crossed paths, even if in hologram form. "Yup," he told himself quietly as the purple fire blades appeared on his fists, "there they are." He looked at them for a few seconds before shaking them down and damping down his emotions.
-----------
"Ach," Sarah allowed, signing as she spoke, "prob'ly some sorta self defence class, like? Or fitness if'n nawun wants tae fight."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:51 pm"Oh, that. I've heard of it...think we did some pro fighting on Vesperia few years back, but I can't really say it's something we're a fan of," Hawk admitted before asking, "Why did you ask?"
"I was just on my way to train for a tournament being held today." Eira said, proudly. "Champions are allowed to compete in these things on our off-days. I've been doing them since I was old enough to join."

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:59 am Jenny stood, wondering if Hive would remember he wanted to talk with Quint too. "Of course, sir," she said, "Which medical bay should I be heading for?
"If you want to visit the injured food truck workers, they're still being stabilized at the EM station in Hanger 362, and they're not available for visits right now. They won't be until they get to the Capitol City Hospital for Humanoid Anatomy. I suggest visiting the Reformation Center to speak with the Necromancer first." Hivemind said. Then it seemed like he realized something. "Oh, and before you go, Quint, is there anything you could tell me about Ko Sah or the world he comes from?"

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:59 amDoris thanked the Hivebot as she recovered her son, who was still looking around to see what happened.
"What's a Marshmallow," Jaken asked, thinking of small creatures that lived in semi-aquatic lands, possibly with six legs and a tongue that lashed out ten feet in length.
"It's a kind of sweet from Earth." Hivemind explained. "It's made from sugar, water, and Gelatin. It's known for being extremely soft and fluffy."

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:59 am"Yeah," Keeva replied, "We have time. You know, up to a few weeks ago, I'd almost given up on seeing sights like this. I was being held captive for quite some time until I managed to escape. Since then I've almost been killed several times - once, even, by a dimensional shift almost ripping the spaceship in two. Quiet moments like this kinda make it worth it, yeah?" During the talk, Keeva hoped she'd given a little hint as to desperation and relief and the current pleasure.
"A few weeks ago, I would have been incapable of even imagining seeing sights like this." The Predator said, gazing out at the planet below. "I was part of the Hive, so my mind was Hivemind's. If an AI in the Hive starts growing intelligent, it splits from the rest of the Hive. There cannot be two sentient minds in the hive. It would be too dangerous."

------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:53 pm Tatiana tilted her helmet back and forth at Recon's words, "Perhaps. Would like to know, but kinda fear knowing. Ya know? Also doesn't help that Beacon flying anywhere near the Rim will set something off between the corps'. Escalation or uniting most likely, both bad."
"The Beacon has other ships in it, you know." Recon reminded Tatiana. "Some of them are even long range. With Hivemind's permission, we might be able to take a cruiser to the Rim. Might even be able to covertly bring some hope to the people there in the process. I think Hivemind might just go for something like that if we can give him something to go on."

------------------------
Deske wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:50 am"Fuse switch sounds like the best idea. I'd prefer to not have to worry about myself so that it doesn't detract from whatever constructs I am controlling," Ulrich said, having quickly weighed the two options. "Out of curiosity, what are the customization limits on the generator programming? I would prefer building my own library of commands, but I understand if this is not possible."
"It's certainly doable." Hivemind said with a nod. "In fact, I've built the generator based off of your own generator. The CPU is faster and more efficient than your old one, but your gauntlets' Hard Drives were intact. I should be able to move the Operating System and the Shielding AI over to the new armor. Now, would you like to make any changes or modifications to the armor, or should I keep the settings the same as your current loadout?"

------------------------
Deske wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:50 am"Told you," Chris said, with only the slightest hint of smugness.
"Hush, you." MT chided Chris, though he was feeling considerably better. Still though, he was confused. "But... if I have a soul... then... did the humans that made me-"

"Mortals do not have the ability to create souls..." Diligitis interrupted. "They can, however, create vessels that can hold souls. He creates souls using our power and His own. The souls fill the empty vessels."

"He?"

"Aspects do not create. We are merely the byproducts of the birth of reality."

------------------------
Legotron123 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:20 pm ”Yeah, it’s been a while since I’ve done any interrogations. Once we got Mycroft, interrogations mostly consisted of putting her in a room with the perp and having her extract their entire life story from the way their shirt is ruffled.” Kolt said, before looking over at Ko Sah and going deep into thought. After a few minutes of silently stared, he shrugged and looked at the Hivemind drone he was with. ”If I’m completely honest, I can’t think of any questions I’d want to ask him that I’m not already pretty sure of the answer to, or that I think he’d actually answer.”
Hivemind thought for a moment, running through different options. "You said his species raided your planet in an effort to abduct hosts..." he started. "We have him, and we have his device. Do you think he could provide information on where the hosts would be kept in his world?"
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"Sounds interesting, but it's not anything we're looking to get involved with any more," Hawk replied, rubbing the back of his neck, "Mainly cause of..well, last time we fought someone in hand-to-hand combat? We kind of...broke the guy's back. Was a complete accident as we were trying to simply knock him out for a bounty but we misjudged the punch and ended up breaking their back...lost a good bit of money that day cause of that."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Oop, Jenny thought, over to you 'Professor Stein'. (I'll explain later) She prepared herself for losing control of her mouth and wondered what her voice would sound like.
---------------
"Sounds... gooey," jaken said, a little disdainfully. "Take it Humans like it? They seem to go for goo."
--------------
Keeva listened to the words of her new friend. "So," she asked, "are there many more of you uniques or are you unique in your uniqueness?" She chuckled slightly at her punny wordplay. "Although, of course, you ARE unique in that you have a certain Feline as a friend."
--------------
Corvis looked over at the pair in the doorway. "If they stay there much longer," he said 'quietly', "the restaurant may put hinges on one of them so people can open them to get in."
Hannabelle tried not to facepalm.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana shrugged, "If that ever does happen, be careful. Folks in the Rim don't like meddling. The Rim's a little weird, ya know? But, yeah, things to think of in the future. Where ya headin' to now?" She asked, not to sure what to do herself now that they were back at base.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:26 pm
"Ach," Sarah allowed, signing as she spoke, "prob'ly some sorta self defence class, like? Or fitness if'n nawun wants tae fight."
"Ah dinnae get th' feelin' there's much fightin' here. Still, self-defence is alwyes a guid skill tae hae." Cailean answers.
"Ah think Ah'll be oot o' luck, mahsel'. Ah dinnae think there's much need fer explosions here."
"Ah guess it's up tae me, th' oldest, tae bring hame th' bacon then. There's bound tae be loads o' computers." Conall grins.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Yeah, that’s one of the questions I don’t think he’ll answer. He may be arrogant, cruel, and petty, but I don’t think he’s the type to betray his empire like that.” Kolt said, thinking back over everything Ko Sah said to try and think of something that could help. ”I never got the impression while he was inside me that he was mad at the people who stripped him of power for his “failure.” He was mad at me for causing said “failure,” and he was mad at the people who used his lowered position to treat him the way he treated them, but he never even mentioned any of the people who didn’t believe him, aside from “proving them wrong” when he brought me back.”

And this is why I asked in advance. Quint said, before suddenly Jenny felt oddly numb. Her body started moving and stretching on it’s own as Quint got used to the way it felt, though it did still feel like she could take control back if she really tried. After a couple seconds of said stretching, Quint looked towards Hivemind and started talking, Jenny’s voice sounding very flat and emotionless under his control. “Ko Sah is a very simple creature to understand. He is petty, arrogant, power hungry, and cruel. He seemed to hold a position of great power during the invasion, though judging by comments he made both back then and this morning, he may have lost that power after Kolt tricked him out of a powerful host. As for the world he comes from, we do not have much to go on, with our information coming entirely from comments made by various Yah Rin. Based off of these comments, the Yah Rin’s home dimension is remarkably small, not even a quarter the size of Concertia. Apparently their invasions are motivated at least in part by this lack of space, as one of them mentioned that they “needed the space more than we did.” Though we have no actual physical evidence of any of this, so I can not say for certain what the truth is.”

“Hnngh. Disappointing.“ Liz said, before staring to shrink back down to her normal size. Once there, she started stroking her chin, clearly thinking hard about her powers. “We’re going to need to cut that down a bit if that form is to be any use in a fight. But how to do that? Can I lower the amount of time it takes by practicing it like a skill, doing it over and over until it doesn’t take any time at all? Or is there something else I can do?” She pondered aloud, trying to figure out a way to solve this problem. After a minute or so, she seemed to have an idea, and turned back to Corp. “Be ready to time me.”