Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

D-Rock

Re: Art Thread

Post by D-Rock »

I feel that Vex would view pie-pranks as too simple for his liking. Plus, he greatly outclasses Sickle in strength.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm just waiting for some cocky infernal or evil-doer to do that and Sickle to become a hero by taking them out. :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I gotta remember to keep up with this arc...!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Decided to make Halphas' weapons.
Halphas' Swords.png
Halphas' Swords.png (177.87 KiB) Viewed 6344 times
Estoc- basic long sword
Heartfelt Needle- once belonged to a mortal who vowed to smite Halphas. Said hero failed.
Primal Blade- A heavy mass of flint from a bygone era. Halphas can wield it as easily as any of his other light blades.
Portable Plasma Cutter- A highly experimental piece of equipment, retrofitted as a blade. Halphas wasn't fond of how it handled, though.
Zweihander- A massive two-handed sword. Halphas is capable of wielding it with one.
Bone Katana- Made out of the mortal remains of one who tried to kill Halphas to get out of his contract with him.
Blade of the Morning Star- Lucifer's personal Heavenly sword, now owned by Halphas.

So yeah, he can wield weapons that typically require both hands with just one, and there's a number of weapons that require that. Crazy thing is, the fencing style he wield? Also applies to those heavy weapons. As for those individuals he killed, really they struck first. Halphas has a rule of not striking out unless he has reason to, especially in regards to mortals.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Who knew that Halphas was somewhat of a noble demon then? He doesn't go around killing mortals first or act like an ax-murder and only kills to defend himself. Wonder if those he killed ended up in Heaven or Hell?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

The guy who wielded Heartfelt Needle I can safely say is in Heaven. Noble yet pointless death, considering how Halphas is.

The guy who betrayed Halphas, not at all that lucky. Let me explain how I've been pondering how Halphas worked.

When an Infernal writes out a contract, the most common stipulation is that the mortal's soul would then belong to the Infernal. Soul-binding is a forbidden thing to do, unless the one signing is made fully aware of this stipulation and understands what it means. Heaven wants this to be absolutely clear, with no clever word-play allowed to get around this. Basically, you won't get away with tricking a mortal into giving their soul away. Heaven WILL get involved if this stipulation isn't met. It's surprising how many mortals feel that their eternal afterlife is worth whatever they're signing it away for.

Halphas was already considered very lenient in how his contracts were made. He'll provide weaponry and ammunition to whoever wants it, and his contracts carry that same stipulation, with a bit of a twist. Unlike most other Infernals, Halphas' contracts are temporary. He'll only provide aid for a certain period of time, decided upon before signing. Therefore, his "escape clause" is if the individual signing the contract lives past the expiration point agreed upon, then they're released from the soul binding as well. However, if they're killed, usually for any reason, during the time that the contract is active, only then would their soul belong to Halphas.

That second guy was someone who had second-thoughts much too late, and did perhaps the stupidest thing you could do to get out of a demonic contract.

It should be said, since Macabre has turned his allegiance to the Celestial Order, he's done away with this stipulation in his contracts entirely. Not like he makes them often, anyway.

I really should consolidate all of this info eventually.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

We already had one "infernal contract" in Housepets, although Keene didn't sell his soul to the li'l dino-demon. Might not be the last, either......
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Figured might as well show this. I'm not pleased with the end result. Intended to be visual representations of a mortal soul and a fragmented soul. Not drawn to scale.
souls.png
souls.png (120.83 KiB) Viewed 6287 times
Another event that could prevent a soul from going into a possible afterlife is "soul shattering." Such an event is surprisingly rare, since it relies on a highly specific set of circumstances that will always vary. Primary common denominator is a mortal foolishly handling magic(k) that is beyond their control. Normally this simply leads to death for them. However, as mentioned, sometimes instead their soul will shatter. In a manner of speaking, their soul is "fragmented," while the largest "core" piece would then reform in some way. Some of these "earth-bound" fragment cores would then become "haunts." They will keep their memories of their former lives and their original personalities, yet will then exhibit actions that are related to whatever spell they were initially attempting to do. While fragmented, they are denied full entry into any afterlife until their fragments come back together. Such an event is always only a matter of time, as the fragments are naturally drawn back to their core.

This is what happened to Harriet.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You did do a very nice job on the artwork as always Rocky! I also like the explanation that you gave and it really is enlightening what happens if a soul ends up shattering!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:48 pm You did do a very nice job on the artwork as always Rocky! I also like the explanation that you gave and it really is enlightening what happens if a soul ends up shattering!
That is a pretty clever and original explanation........
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If only I was as motivated as you were to put together a history for my characters as well as explain some details like you did with the souls. :lol:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

The idea to make Harriet a Shattered Soul has been in my mind almost since I decided to change her from a Celestial to a mortal. So an exceedingly long time before I motivated myself to make this clear.

For now, made a new morpher! The Blazing Phoenix coin, used by the Street Fighter character, Chun Li, for the Street Fighter/Power Rangers: Legacy wars promotion. That now makes the two current Street Fighter rangers. I plan on making another for Lord Drakkon, the evil Tommy Oliver from the Power Rangers comic series.
Attachments
Blazing Phoenix morpher.png
Blazing Phoenix morpher.png (107.41 KiB) Viewed 6229 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really think that the design is really nifty! Wonderful job as always!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks! Took a while to figure out the lines. A lot more curves than the Ryu Ranger coin. In all honesty, I'm hoping once I have a solid source of income again, to get replicas of these coins. Already found a cosplay shop that makes these.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Alright, got Lord Drakkon's morpher, the evil version of Tommy Oliver who fused the Dragonzord power with the incomplete Tigerzord power and used it to conquer the realms.
Attachments
Lord Drakkon morpher.png
Lord Drakkon morpher.png (105.77 KiB) Viewed 6121 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That still is very nice! What a beautiful job you did on it! Great work!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks. I'm not sure I'll do other Power Coins, they're a lot more intricate.

Also, I'm taking questions directed towards my characters. I just need something to draw, and feel that this could be a fun way to flesh out some of them. Send them via PM. And please try to specify who the question is for.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Been a while. I drew this on a Mother's Day card. I had rabbits on my mind given there was a den in my backyard.
Sadly, at least 2 of the 5 babies died, but it looks like the others made it and have moved on.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Cute bunnies, Nicholas! :) That's part of the tough wild life... Nice work as usual, D-Rock. ;)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Nature can be cruel. :cry:

Still, this piece came out beautiful, man.

Thanks, Cesco.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I do love how that came out Nick! Really awesome!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Drew this fruit a long while ago, decided to give it some info. This is what Vex was eating in his character image.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:01 pm I do love how that came out Nick! Really awesome!
We had a house broken rabbit for several years. Real sweet creature. One of my in-laws came for a visit and brought his German Shepherd, a big hulking old girl. We introduced them and they got along very nicely all week. Like you said, Nature's funny.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

This was a long time coming. Temporary job was draining. Frankly, didn't take the time to make this look as good as I could have.
Attachments
Does Mirage Prank.png
Does Mirage Prank.png (112.15 KiB) Viewed 5750 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So when you get a chance are you gonna have her answer the second question since there is a "1." before this question?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Nope. The second question was "How would they react if the shampoo they used made all their fur fall out, as a prank?" Felt it wouldn't work.

See, there's a reason why I ask which characters they are directing their questions to. It makes it exponentially easier on me regarding getting an answer that is in-character for someone. I have too many characters to sift through for these kinds of questions.
Last edited by D-Rock on Sun May 24, 2020 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I might go ahead and ask a different question towards Sickle about a certain prank that he got pulled on him but I'm debating whether to or not. XD
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Made this the other day. I was looking through Chaoko's initial sketches of Mirage, and decided to try to draw this one pose. Definitely tricky to study how the limbs connected with this pose, but came out really good.
Ready for Battle.png
Ready for Battle.png (174.48 KiB) Viewed 5673 times
Also made this for Chaoko's birthday. Too large to post directly, so have a link. https://www.deviantart.com/d-rock92/art ... -843134627
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really nice job on the both pieces of artwork you posted. They came out really beautiful!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks. I'm considering drawing other things from those pages.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Got bored the other day so I finally decided to show what went into Oliver's amulet. Even gave it a name. Though I do understand that the name is both archaic and not even used properly, but I wanted a name that would hint at the fact that it's made from materials from two completely opposite realms and belongs to someone of mixed ancestry.

Other than the fact that it can be detected as both an Infernal and Celestial artifact, it has no "power" at all. It's merely cosmetic.
Attachments
Oliver's Amulet Creation.png
Oliver's Amulet Creation.png (75.84 KiB) Viewed 5222 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It really does look very nice! Wonderful artwork as always!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Bio for the new character shown in the "Smashpets" thread.
Attachments
MardukBioSheet.png
MardukBioSheet.png (183.72 KiB) Viewed 5167 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Since he seems to hate his sister, does that mean that he is on good terms with his nephew?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Nope, he’d hate the fact that his nephew aligned with Heaven. “The enemy of my enemy is my friend” isn’t applicable in this case.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So if he ever does manage to destroy Gretchen, he'll go after Macabre and Oliver next?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Let's preface my answer by saying that as they're spiritual in nature, you can't "kill" them. Lillith tried. Anyway, Marduk wouldn't directly target them. He hates everyone enough, so if they got caught in a crossfire, so be it. He has no love for them. I will state that his primary flaw is that despite planning revenge, he's not the be-all-end-all of demonic strength. If he got into one-on-one combat with most Celestials and even Infernals, he'd most likely lose. It's why he's amassing an army instead in Paws of Fury.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Oliver is capable of manipulating the water in the air to swim almost anywhere in mortal realms, assuming that there's enough of it. In spiritual realms, he doesn't have this limitation. Regardless, it is affected by gravity, so he can only "swim" a few feet above the ground.
Attachments
With The Waves.png
With The Waves.png (175.26 KiB) Viewed 5340 times
Oliver on a swim.png
Oliver on a swim.png (64.32 KiB) Viewed 5340 times