Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

NHWestoN

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by NHWestoN »

Nice yard, maybe, but it sounds like you folks dodged a cannonball. Those are tens of thousands of dollars in upgrades, replacements, and repairs under discussion there.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not to mention we already have a lot on our plate so far that we need to get sorted and all those repairs definitely would have been too much. Especially since we are still are trying to finish my grandmother's affairs. :cry:
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: My therapy session was really productive and gave me some guidance on some stuff I’d been struggling with. It was a big help in getting me to slow down and tackle my worries. Just gotta practice what she said over the course of the next month.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: The house inspection of the house we are gonna move into went really well! Looks like we finally are able to not worry about any issues we have to deal with when we move in! :D
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Good to hear, Dayzee!
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

That's great to hear, Ash. :) And congrats on the house, Amazee.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Good to hear that, Ash!
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Neko

Post by Neko »

Nearly 2 1/2 months in with no running water in my home. ;)

Long story short: Well dried up, costs a lot of money to fix I don't have. Here's hoping the rainy season will bring the water tables up.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:42 pm Joy: The house inspection of the house we are gonna move into went really well! Looks like we finally are able to not worry about any issues we have to deal with when we move in! :D
Congrattz on the new home there, godmother. :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Thanks for the congratulations! I really like the house and the layout of it! Its very comfortable. I just wish the backyard was bigger. But hey, we get a coy pond.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:40 pm Thanks for the congratulations! I really like the house and the layout of it! Its very comfortable. I just wish the backyard was bigger. But hey, we get a coy pond.
.... with Koi, too ?!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yes we do have them in the pond and the owners are leaving them there for us which my father is very happy about because that is the only reason he wanted that house. LOL

Also today I learned that the fish are spelled "koi" and not "coy".
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Sorrows: Woke up early today to watch a live stream of some game-related stuff but I completely missed the fact that it was tomorrow rather than today.

Joys: I woke up early and that’s a good first step in getting my sleep schedule back on track.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I need some help with that myself since until last night I could only sleep for FOUR hours before waking up. <_<
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Somewhat neutral: Going to work on my fic again. Slept in yesterday and now I'm a little behind.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: We have to clean out the attic before we move. Not ONLY do we have spend hours throwing stuff away that we no longer need, but it means that we are closer to selling this house which I grew up in. :cry:
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: Got my project turned in last night. The due date was extended to Saturday, but I decided to hammer it out over the course of a few hours so I could relax over the whole weekend.

Sorrows: Gotta play the waiting game now, anxious about when he’s gonna get around to grading it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

More sorrow: We have to clean out my grandmother's bedroom in the downstairs apartment she has from us and throw some things away while being sad that she will never get to see any of them again or decide for herself what she wants to trash and what to keep. :(
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:09 pm More sorrow: We have to clean out my grandmother's bedroom in the downstairs apartment she has from us and throw some things away while being sad that she will never get to see any of them again or decide for herself what she wants to trash and what to keep. :(
Not the most cheerful activity just before Mother's Day..... :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

More sorrow: Tomorrow is the first Mother's Day my mother has without her mother and I have without my grandmother. :cry:
Neko

Post by Neko »

This'll be my third year of not having my mom around for mother's day. It doesn't help that she passed on mother's day either, but every year it is a little less painful to deal with.

I still have a grandma on my dad's side of the family though, and I bought some small gifts for her. Will hopefully see here sometime this week, as I have to work today.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know that it will get easier in time as we move forward but right now sadly it doesn't feel like it. What also is upsetting is I have to track down my two sisters to get them to call our mother. I managed to get in touch with one who said she was just gonna call her (yeah right) but I can't get in touch with the other one.
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Sorrow: Last month hasn't been the easiest on me. My inner mid 20's hermit would be totally fine with all of the isolation, but I'm not that person anymore. I guess its something most people are dealing with now, but its been dampening my mood for the last week or so.

Sorrow: I got to stop listening to my brother and accepting getting the next game they decide to play, none of his recent acquisitions to his gaming library I enjoy and they have the annoying tendency in getting games on Steam that have just gone into Early Access, generally something I loathe to do because I prefer my games a little more complete. Its leading to a lot of uncomfortable moments when I'm on his Discord since, I'm the very black sheep on it and my brother likes to point out my flaws and especially when I'm wrong, he likes to make it a big deal. Its annoying but that's my brother...

Joy: I'm at least have my health. Other than being a little more emotionally unstable, I'm at least doing fine overall.

@Neko: Know the feelings well. My own mother also passed around mother's day but several years ago. I never really properly got over it, and it for a few years after she passed I used to get especially depressed to the point I could barely go down the street around that time. Nowadays its a lot easier, but I'm always reminded on how tough it can be when I see my father.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I am dealing with one of my infamous headaches again. This one is lasting for two days at the moment.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: I got a 100 on my final project, thank goodness. Now all that's left is the final.

Sorrows: These couple of days before the final on Thursday have felt like they've been going by at a snail's pace.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I think this godforsaken headache is now FINALLY starting to go away!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Finally found a supply of face masks. No more picnic blankets!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If I was really that desperate I honestly think I would have just yanked my shirt over my mouth and nose. I tend to do it anyway when I end up running into a bad smell. LOL
Nathan Kerbonaut

Sorrow: My finals are this week, but the more I study the more I realize how much I wasted this semester. My performance in the fall was poor, so I was eager to improve this spring. For the first two months I was getting good grades and feeling great. Then the pandemic hit and everything moved online. I tried to make the best of it, but this is the worst possible learning environment for me. I've learned little and retained nothing. I'm back at where I was in fall, and my finals won't do much to change that at this point. This semester was supposed to be a success, but I'm left frustrated and feeling useless.

Joy: On a better note... My family got a dog this week :) She's a havapoo named Ellie. My sister's wanted a dog for years and recently my parents caved in. At first I was stressed about the shakeup, but now I'm happy with it because I needed something to help me feel better this week.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

(Nevermind)
Last edited by OdedZeituni98 on Wed May 27, 2020 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Sorrow: Power went out. It may take a while to get power back.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I hate it whenever we lose power which in recent years seems to happen a lot usually in the middle of the night. It is unnerving when everything shuts off and then when you try to go to sleep it pops back on.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:56 pm I hate it whenever we lose power which in recent years seems to happen a lot usually in the middle of the night. It is unnerving when everything shuts off and then when you try to go to sleep it pops back on.
Went through that a lot in North Carolina. We lived in a pretty small town.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm hoping that in the new house we don't have to deal with it too much.
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

Been away for a while, so here's a bit of a recap: Finals went really well, despite sleeping through one (turns out it would've had no effect on my grade one way or the other, though I didn't know that until after the fact >_<) and not knowing about one until half an hour beforehand (still got the highest grade in the class on it). Other than that, just working. Which was an absolute beatdown today.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

CuriousCnidarian wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:20 am Been away for a while, so here's a bit of a recap: Finals went really well, despite sleeping through one (turns out it would've had no effect on my grade one way or the other, though I didn't know that until after the fact >_<) and not knowing about one until half an hour beforehand (still got the highest grade in the class on it). Other than that, just working. Which was an absolute beatdown today.
Serious congratts!
I had students fall asleep in tests. Woke them up after five minutes or a snoring outbreak. All of them did fine. There might be a senior level psychology major's experiment there........ ;)
Nathan Kerbonaut

Joy: I graduated today with an Associate's of Arts and Science :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:37 am Joy: I graduated today with an Associate's of Arts and Science :D
Yeeeee - Hah! We're right proud of you. What's yer degree in? What's next?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: We had to continue cleaning out my grandmother's bedroom. :cry:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Congratulations Curious and Nathan! You guys are awesome!