Moderator: ArcWolf

NHWestoN

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by NHWestoN »

We went to a jazz club. That's over for a while. Ah, well... :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Surprised you could go to a club since we are all social distancing.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

They're doing take-out so we wanted to support the place. Like so many restaurants and quick-served, they're down to skeleton crews.

Truthfully, I have mixed feelings about these "supports". You want to show some solidarity, step outside for a few minutes, and get a sniff of what rememberances of social normality remain, but I still worry about people working getting exposed. I wonder about how "essential" some "essentials" is - Golf clubs? Really? Umm, okay.

Nothing is ever simple anymore, eh?
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Joy: Finally finished my current fanfiction special. I had to salvage it as a canon april fools special due to missed deadline.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

JamesTCat wrote:Joy: Finally finished my current fanfiction special. I had to salvage it as a canon april fools special due to missed deadline.

Well, finished is finished, eh? Congrattz, James.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Joy: I still have a job to go to and to get paid for, and it's one that helps other people deal with all the stuff that's going on.
NHWestoN wrote: Nothing is ever simple anymore, eh?
I don't think anything ever has been. Now it just fails to be simple in a slightly different way than it used to.

Let's all find something to smile about. The worst thing would be to forget that we need that more than ever right now, and it can be such an easy thing to forget.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sometimes in general its hard for me to smile.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sorrow: Lots of people are struggling, sick, dying, or having financial issues.

Joy: I'm having a lot more free time to do stuff since medical school has gone online for the time being.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not a joy or a sorrow but an acceptance of sorts. This is the new normal from now on. We can never get close to people because of this virus which probably will slow down but not be cured anytime soon so we have to find new ways of showing affection.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Joy: Sister coming home!

Sorrow: Covid 19 lockdown for her for 2 weeks. Giving her the best treatment, nonetheless.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Not a joy or a sorrow but an acceptance of sorts. This is the new normal from now on. We can never get close to people because of this virus which probably will slow down but not be cured anytime soon so we have to find new ways of showing affection.
I'm stocking up on Hershey's kisses.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

NHWestoN wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Not a joy or a sorrow but an acceptance of sorts. This is the new normal from now on. We can never get close to people because of this virus which probably will slow down but not be cured anytime soon so we have to find new ways of showing affection.
I'm stocking up on Hershey's kisses.
But shouldn't give them out because that can spread germs~
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not if you wear gloves they don't but it still is impersonal at least to me.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Not if you wear gloves they don't but it still is impersonal at least to me.
Bugs are still easily spread by gloves. They only work to protect the wearer and only if the wearer's paws are clean when they put them on. As soon as you touch something contaminated with gloves the gloves are contaminated and will spread bugs just as easily as your paws, if not more so.

Yes, gloves are an important safety measure but please don't allow them to lull you into a false sense of security.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Not to harp on it more, but the gloves will do nothing to protect you if you don't wash those paws after you take them off.
And there is only really one correct way of taking them off when they're contaminated, too.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its a good thing that I always forgot to take gloves with me when we went out to look at houses so we could buy one or I would have been the woman who was lulled into that false sense of security.

At least the real estate agent always had hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes. :)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Such a lovely walk day this morning - Sophie's feeling so much better and I really wish we could go down to the ocean.... :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I only got 2 and a half hours of sleep last night.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Had to take the recycle out today. So many folks in colorful masks, looked like a bunch of adults at a little kids party. Cedar Waxwings flying around the backyard today, too.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

NHWestoN wrote:Had to take the recycle out today. So many folks in colorful masks, looked like a bunch of adults at a little kids party. Cedar Waxwings flying around the backyard today, too.
Ooh, you get any pictures?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not sure people would be too happy seeing a random stranger snapping pictures of them during these times. LOL
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Slight Sorrow related to my fanfiction: I may have to change every Japanese heroes and villians' name to comply with the context lax censor. At least they'll still be speaking their native tongue as they should in the fic but they'll have to use the new names written for them. (A link to their respective wiki will give you context on who's who.) The exception to this possible overhaul are the original Gokaigers since they are considered as aliens with names to match.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Not sure people would be too happy seeing a random stranger snapping pictures of them during these times. LOL

Oh, yeah, you'd be wise to get permission. We're already starting to get reports of people losing their cool in waiting lines and other public stress situations.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just waiting for their to be a news report about someone snapping and shooting somebody else.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Hlaoroo wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Not if you wear gloves they don't but it still is impersonal at least to me.
Bugs are still easily spread by gloves. They only work to protect the wearer and only if the wearer's paws are clean when they put them on. As soon as you touch something contaminated with gloves the gloves are contaminated and will spread bugs just as easily as your paws, if not more so.

Yes, gloves are an important safety measure but please don't allow them to lull you into a false sense of security.
I like how you use the word "paws". :D
Also, thats good advice.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Our local newspaper includes the police call reports. Every day there's two or three calls about "sighting someone wearing a mask" - some people just never catch on. ;)

Sorrow: So sorry to learn of the death of cartoonist Mort Drucker. He began working for Mad Magazine in 1956 and quickly emerged as a star. His particular forte was caricatures of the famous - especially politicians, movie personalities, and sports figures, depictions with remarkable detail and subtlety. He also applied these styles to satires of movies, TV shows, theatre productions and current events. His version of West Side Story, depicting JFK and the Western allies as one street gang, Khrushev and his allies as the other, staging a rumble at the U.N. complete with songs and made-up funny verses is a classic.

He also did vicious satires of cigarette ads. At a time when all the tobacco companies professed innocence and ignorance, Drucker brazenly depicted smoking as a cause of heart, lung, and throat cancers and disease. I owe the fact I never smoked to his "educational" humor. RIP Mort, and thanks for it all. :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He sounds like he was actually a really great cartoonist! Its such a shame that he has died just now. At least he lived a long and happy life.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

NHWestoN wrote:Our local newspaper includes the police call reports. Every day there's two or three calls about "sighting someone wearing a mask" - some people just never catch on. ;)
"Uuuuh, Officer, I just saw a very small man wearing a mask around his eyes. He was about two feet tall, he had on a grey fur coat, and he had a thick tail with lots of black and white rings around it. He was in the alley on top of a trash can. I think he was committing some serious crime, officer. Like bank robbery maybe." :lol:

"Sir, what you saw was a raccoon."

"Oh no, is that some kind of gang, officer? Was he carrying a gun?!?!?"
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

In these troubling times I honestly wouldn't DOUBT it if something like that happened.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Got up early for Sophie's walk. Since it's Easter, I went rummaging in the attic. We're the caretakers of a lot of our adult children's stuff which includes a couple boxes of stuffties and a few of them are rabbits. So I placed the bunny dolls around the table to surprise the missus at breakfast. It turned out to be more fun than I had expected since we sat around, reminiscing about each one - "oh, that's the one from Paul's first Easter in the United States; that's the one from the Madrid Air Port you bought when your flight out of Algeria was delayed; that's the one Ruth bought from that little store in Gaitlanburg ... or was it Bangor? .... " No baskets, no chocolates, no eggs, but we did have Easter Bunnys. ;)

Blessin's of the season all'round.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Sorrow: Think I may have jumped the gun in making my Fanfiction's TVTropes page. I hope to make it have as much context as possible.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Joy? Imma go with joy: My prefecture has decided no more classes until May 6th. This announcement comes 1 week after school started back :roll:
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Joy: I watched a Pocari Roo livestream(of Animal Crossing) the other day and she mentioned me when I left a comment. I feel happy to have been noticed!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Dinner at home - bowl of chili and a cold beer. Savor life's little pleasures.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Confusion: My father cooked dinner for some reason. When we have a TON of leftovers. :|
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Aspiration: Linking a slew of Souped up Refirbrished Game systems, Handhelds, Accessories and FPGA Adapters to form the "Genesis MegaDrivin' Command Center "King of Video" SEGA-Bit Ultrazord."

An electrician's nightmare as well as a lot of things to link and paint but it'll be worth it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

JamesTCat wrote:Aspiration: Linking a slew of Souped up Refirbrished Game systems, Handhelds, Accessories and FPGA Adapters to form the "Genesis MegaDrivin' Command Center "King of Video" SEGA-Bit Ultrazord."

An electrician's nightmare as well as a lot of things to link and paint but it'll be worth it.

It does - at least to the uninitiated - sound like a prescription for a major electrical fire.... ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just make sure you take proper precautions to prevent a fire from burning down your house.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Checked on a couple of high school chums - everybody's cranky and well.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Joy: Just got a couple of baby chicks.

Sorrow: two out of the ten died during transit.

Silver Lining: At least the dead ones could be Emergency Rations given to the plants by planting the fruit trees over the corpse.