Non-HPU: Crater City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I suppose I should go back to Gregg and wait," Julian remarked, "he's probably worried sick. Or he's arranged a date with your nurse." He made sure he had all his clothing on before offering a hand to the Doctor.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Heather simply nodded and pulled out some spare forms, handing them to both Tigress and Mist. "You'll have to co-sign for Mist since he's only 17. Your training will start tomorrow, if you are able."
"Sure. We're both off anyway." Tigress drags them over to her, then pats at her pockets as Mist remains in a shocked stare. "Mmm, didn't think to bring a pen." She notes the pens in the center of the table after a moment of looking around and begins scanning along the papers to figure out where she's supposed to sign. She manages to locate and sign both before Mist snaps back into reality with a sudden twitch of his tail and wince as if he were hurt.

"What... just?" Tigress signs her scratchy signature across the line and slides the paper over to Mist. "You're fine with this now?"

She finishes her own paper and gives him a vaguely annoyed look. "Mist. Pick a lane. I've already signed mine, are you doing this or not?" He pauses, then nods vigorously with a goofy smile as he grabs his own pen and gracefully signs his own signature. He grabs hers and slides them back over to Heather. "Mind giving us the gist of it? If we wait for me to read it we'll be here for a good time."
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Mordecai shrugged as the hunter insulted him as he followed both Ryan and the official. Arriving at the structure and as the official chatted with the attendant, he thought back to what the hunter said before shaking his head with a chuckle and listened in on the official's description of the suspects. While they spoke, he glanced over at the inside of the parking building before spotting a couple hurrying off to their car. A couple he instantly recognized from earlier. Moment he spotted them, he nudged Ryan gently, pointed towards said couple in a way that wouldn't drop suspicion from them, and whispered, "That's them right there. I recognize the one's hair-do."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Citrisfur

Crater City - Lyncus Responds

Post by Citrisfur »

Foxfan2164 wrote:"Alright then!" Hyper said as he got up to his footpaws. He held out a handpaw to her. "Come on! The orb'll always be with you but your fear of being found out won't stay." He said to Lyncus, happily.
Lyncus takes Hyper's paw, letting him pull her up. "Thanks," she breathes out. "Does James also know you're a kaiju?"
Last edited by Citrisfur on Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Active RP Chars.
  • Nadirth'ynn|d69620|6465777
  • Tiramisu|00aaf6|4759476
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • James|00A8CA|475(10)877
  • Takido|00d022|5857953
Song Of The Day Queue, suspended

Profile Pic and Mystic Meadows banner by @Neko!
I also have an alt @Citris26
Foxfan2164

Post by Foxfan2164 »

"Well, I wasn't planning on telling him, but now that I told you..." Hyper said as his ears drooped down a little. "Does James ever tell you that he had something against kaiju? Like he disliked them?" He then asked.
My Characters (Links and all)
Just your average Fox, Max and Marion fan.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I saw them too." Ryan answers quietly, pretending to read a sign on the window of the booth but actually using the glass to spy on the hunters.
"Wildfire, they're over there." he says, innocently scratching his ear in such a way that his thumb points to the kidnappers.

~~~~~~~~
Instead of taking the offered paw, Lightfoot instead offers Julian the wallet he'd noticed on the floor.
"I think this is yours. Must have fallen out while you were stretching." he says, opening the door for the fox.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah, thank you," Julian said, taking the wallet and making sure Tracie's number and his bus pass were both in there. He nodded to the Doctor and headed back out to the other room. "Anyone miss me," he asked the occupants.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote:"Sure. We're both off anyway." Tigress drags them over to her, then pats at her pockets as Mist remains in a shocked stare. "Mmm, didn't think to bring a pen." She notes the pens in the center of the table after a moment of looking around and begins scanning along the papers to figure out where she's supposed to sign. She manages to locate and sign both before Mist snaps back into reality with a sudden twitch of his tail and wince as if he were hurt.

"What... just?" Tigress signs her scratchy signature across the line and slides the paper over to Mist. "You're fine with this now?"

She finishes her own paper and gives him a vaguely annoyed look. "Mist. Pick a lane. I've already signed mine, are you doing this or not?" He pauses, then nods vigorously with a goofy smile as he grabs his own pen and gracefully signs his own signature. He grabs hers and slides them back over to Heather. "Mind giving us the gist of it? If we wait for me to read it we'll be here for a good time."
"You've already taken the aptitude test, so this is basically just a formal acknowledgement that you understand you are signing up for a branch of the military, a rundown of what's expected of you, agreements to keep confidential information confidential, and a liability waiver." Heather explained. "The liability waiver is just an acknowledgement that military work and training come with certain risks, and an agreement not to sue the soul out of us if you get injured. You will of course have healthcare provided among other benefits in the event you do get injured."

--------------------------
SeanWolf wrote:Mordecai shrugged as the hunter insulted him as he followed both Ryan and the official. Arriving at the structure and as the official chatted with the attendant, he thought back to what the hunter said before shaking his head with a chuckle and listened in on the official's description of the suspects. While they spoke, he glanced over at the inside of the parking building before spotting a couple hurrying off to their car. A couple he instantly recognized from earlier. Moment he spotted them, he nudged Ryan gently, pointed towards said couple in a way that wouldn't drop suspicion from them, and whispered, "That's them right there. I recognize the one's hair-do."
Hlaoroo wrote:"I saw them too." Ryan answers quietly, pretending to read a sign on the window of the booth but actually using the glass to spy on the hunters.
"Wildfire, they're over there." he says, innocently scratching his ear in such a way that his thumb points to the kidnappers.
Unfortunately, it didn't seem to matter that Mordecai and Ryan were pretending not to see the dingo couple with the four-year-old in tow because the couple saw and recognized them. The "father" looked between Wildfire and the hunter, and knew the hunter must have given them up.

"Go! GO!" he exclaimed to his wife. The woman looked over at the group for half a second before picking the child up in her arms. The two ran for their van and put the child in one of the middle seats.

"Ryan! Hold this!" Wildfire shoved the hunter towards Ryan and bolted after the Dingo Couple.

The two hunters climbed into the vehicle and started it up, rocketing out of their parking space. Wildfire spat a wad of burning fire into his hand and hurled it at the vehicle's tire. The rubber tire melted and burst, going flat in an instant. The van swerved to regain control, but Wildfire already took the opportunity to catch up. Unfurling his wings, he launched through the air onto the hood of the car and put both fists through the windshield. He gripped the hunters and sent an electric current through each, stunning them.

The van sped up. Apparently the stunned "father" had his foot on the gas. Wildfire lifted his right foot and slammed it down straight through the hood and engine and into the ground, both killing the engine and grinding the van to a halt.

Wildfire pulled himself up and back down onto the concrete floor. He opened the van's side door and helped the child out.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Even though he was somewhat impressed that the KDF Official stopped them in time, Mordecai still shook his head and sighed as the way the official did it could've resulted in an unwarranted death. As the Official helped child out of the van, Mordecai could immediately tell that the child was visibly scared and shaken from the events that unfolded just now. So, without acknowledging the Official, Mordecai walked over and slowly got down to the child's level as to not frighten the child any further. With a gentle voice that would come across as a shock to those who were used to his usual tone, he softly smiled, to show he truly meant no harm to the child and that he wasn't like the one who went after the two kidnappers, and asked, "Are you OK?"
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: "You've already taken the aptitude test, so this is basically just a formal acknowledgement that you understand you are signing up for a branch of the military, a rundown of what's expected of you, agreements to keep confidential information confidential, and a liability waiver." Heather explained. "The liability waiver is just an acknowledgement that military work and training come with certain risks, and an agreement not to sue the soul out of us if you get injured. You will of course have healthcare provided among other benefits in the event you do get injured."
Mist starts to laugh as she finishes, the very idea of injury a joke. Tigress smiles as well, hiding a snicker as she explains "Yeah, there'd be no point in suing. If we stay down after a hit it's because we're dead. I've hit him so hard he skipped on the water into some rocks and he just started whining about how he couldn't swim."

Mist nods happily, reaching over to grab the cards he left behind. "The moral being that she made me join the school swim team."

Tigress taps her claws on the table idly, already wanting to get moving again. "Good thing too. Anyway, that's it for now, right? Court's later, so what's next on the agenda?"

Mist leans over to her, packing the cards and the pack into his vest, and mutters purposefully loud enough for Heather to catch "Well, someone didn't get their checkup." He tries to remember the last time either of them has been to a professional for anything less than a medical emergency and adds "Ever, I think. Have we been to a doctor before?" She gives him an annoyed growl as he finishes speaking. She knows she's fine, she can see her own field. If she was hurt it would've dimmed. Still, it's probably not worth arguing. The Colonel's certainly not going to trust her to self-diagnose. She settles for pinching Mist's ear and nodding that it's true.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Citrisfur

Crater City - Lyncus Responds

Post by Citrisfur »

Foxfan2164 wrote:"Well, I wasn't planning on telling him, but now that I told you..." Hyper said as his ears drooped down a little. "Does James ever tell you that he had something against kaiju? Like he disliked them?" He then asked.
"Not that I know of," Lyncus shrugs. "Neither of us have a reason to hate them, far as I know. And if I've gotta tell him that I am one now, won't hurt for you to say something as well."
Last edited by Citrisfur on Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Active RP Chars.
  • Nadirth'ynn|d69620|6465777
  • Tiramisu|00aaf6|4759476
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • James|00A8CA|475(10)877
  • Takido|00d022|5857953
Song Of The Day Queue, suspended

Profile Pic and Mystic Meadows banner by @Neko!
I also have an alt @Citris26
Foxfan2164

Post by Foxfan2164 »

"Alright then, we could go tell him," Hyper said. "Do you remember where he was?" Hyper asked. "He was in the library but I'm not sure if he's still there now."
My Characters (Links and all)
Just your average Fox, Max and Marion fan.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Reacting instinctively, Ryan shoves the hunter away from him and draws and aims his taser in one smooth, practised movement.
"DOWN ON THE GROUND! HANDS ON YOUR HEAD! NOW!" he roars. He's shocked by the ferocity of Wildfire's attack on the car but has no time to think about it and keeps his taser trained on the hunter. At the first sign of disobedience he'll shoot.

~~~~~~~~
"Huh." Lightfoot grins, leaning on his doorframe.
"Where did my other patients go?" he asks no one in particular.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Welcome back!" Gregg says, "I'm afraid you missed an absolutely amazing, extensive literary adventure into the depths of Japan," he grins, holding up the magazine. "I would have invited you but, alas, you were not to be found." He places a hand on his chest, feigning overly exaggerated remorse.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah," Julian lamented, "the extent of my knowledge on Japanese literature is that they read from right to left." He looked around. "They still destroying the Colonel's sanity by asking to join," he asked rhetorically.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:Even though he was somewhat impressed that the KDF Official stopped them in time, Mordecai still shook his head and sighed as the way the official did it could've resulted in an unwarranted death. As the Official helped child out of the van, Mordecai could immediately tell that the child was visibly scared and shaken from the events that unfolded just now. So, without acknowledging the Official, Mordecai walked over and slowly got down to the child's level as to not frighten the child any further. With a gentle voice that would come across as a shock to those who were used to his usual tone, he softly smiled, to show he truly meant no harm to the child and that he wasn't like the one who went after the two kidnappers, and asked, "Are you OK?"
The child sniffed and nodded. Meanwhile, Wildfire was busy handcuffing the two kidnappers to a nearby handrail by the stairs. Once he was done, he moved back to the van where Mordecai and the child were. He placed a clawed hand on Mordecai's shoulder. "Please stand back. I need to check the child for any injuries." Wildfire carefully pushed past Mordecai. He knelt down next to the kid, who was still sitting in his car seat.

Wildfire closed his eyes. When he opened them again, they were engulfed in a softly glowing green fire. Wildfire looked through his flaming vision, scanning the somewhat startled child. In Wildfire's vision, a handful of spots on the child's arms and body lit up green.

"Bruising on the arms and chest. Old. Mostly healed." Wildfire said. "Hand and fist sized. Some breaks that healed irregularly. This won't take long..."

Wildfire lifted a hand and held it about an inch away from the child's arm. Wisps of green flame pulsed up Wildfire's arm and flew from his hand to the 4 year old's skin. The flames quickly absorbed into the child and moved beneath his skin throughout his body. The dragon's eyes scanned over him again, observing the healing flames work to heal the bruises and fix the poorly healed bones. The fire in Wildfire's eyes died down. "Better?" he asked the child softly.

The child nodded, his eyes wide as he checked one of the bruises on his arm to see it was gone.

Hlaoroo wrote:Reacting instinctively, Ryan shoves the hunter away from him and draws and aims his taser in one smooth, practised movement.
"DOWN ON THE GROUND! HANDS ON YOUR HEAD! NOW!" he roars. He's shocked by the ferocity of Wildfire's attack on the car but has no time to think about it and keeps his taser trained on the hunter. At the first sign of disobedience he'll shoot.
The hunter weighed his options at the moment, but seemed deterred from running when he noticed someone behind Ryan.

Elder had arrived. The Cthulhu-like Kaiju had landed on the sidewalk behind Ryan in a half-shifted form similar to the one Wildfire was in now. At the same time, the police sirens grew louder until half a dozen police cars pulled up in front of the parking lot and the restaurant.

The hunter froze in place, not daring to move.

DdeeStar wrote:Mist starts to laugh as she finishes, the very idea of injury a joke. Tigress smiles as well, hiding a snicker as she explains "Yeah, there'd be no point in suing. If we stay down after a hit it's because we're dead. I've hit him so hard he skipped on the water into some rocks and he just started whining about how he couldn't swim."

Mist nods happily, reaching over to grab the cards he left behind. "The moral being that she made me join the school swim team."

Tigress taps her claws on the table idly, already wanting to get moving again. "Good thing too. Anyway, that's it for now, right? Court's later, so what's next on the agenda?"

Mist leans over to her, packing the cards and the pack into his vest, and mutters purposefully loud enough for Heather to catch "Well, someone didn't get their checkup." He tries to remember the last time either of them has been to a professional for anything less than a medical emergency and adds "Ever, I think. Have we been to a doctor before?" She gives him an annoyed growl as he finishes speaking. She knows she's fine, she can see her own field. If she was hurt it would've dimmed. Still, it's probably not worth arguing. The Colonel's certainly not going to trust her to self-diagnose. She settles for pinching Mist's ear and nodding that it's true.
"Riiight..." Heather said, not sure if she should be concerned about this apparent casual discussion of domestic battery. "Anyway... Tigress, you'll have to get the doctor to check you. A standard checkup is required to join the military anyway, even if you weren't just attacked."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:The child sniffed and nodded. Meanwhile, Wildfire was busy handcuffing the two kidnappers to a nearby handrail by the stairs. Once he was done, he moved back to the van where Mordecai and the child were. He placed a clawed hand on Mordecai's shoulder. "Please stand back. I need to check the child for any injuries." Wildfire carefully pushed past Mordecai. He knelt down next to the kid, who was still sitting in his car seat.

Wildfire closed his eyes. When he opened them again, they were engulfed in a softly glowing green fire. Wildfire looked through his flaming vision, scanning the somewhat startled child. In Wildfire's vision, a handful of spots on the child's arms and body lit up green.

"Bruising on the arms and chest. Old. Mostly healed." Wildfire said. "Hand and fist sized. Some breaks that healed irregularly. This won't take long..."

Wildfire lifted a hand and held it about an inch away from the child's arm. Wisps of green flame pulsed up Wildfire's arm and flew from his hand to the 4 year old's skin. The flames quickly absorbed into the child and moved beneath his skin throughout his body. The dragon's eyes scanned over him again, observing the healing flames work to heal the bruises and fix the poorly healed bones. The fire in Wildfire's eyes died down. "Better?" he asked the child softly.

The child nodded, his eyes wide as he checked one of the bruises on his arm to see it was gone.
Mordecai felt the official's hand on his shoulder and, even though he didn't want to, he nodded and moved back, but only just enough for the official to step in. He then watched as the official closed his eyes and then observed, to his surprise, a green flame entering the child. "Hm," he said, though he truthfully wasn't impressed. He looked over at the nearby kidnappers, ignoring the arriving police and other Kaiju, and thought to himself "There is a special place reserved for filth like them" before turning his attention back to the official and the child. Once the official was done, Mordecai tapped the official on the shoulder and motioned for him to move as he sat down next to the open door and began to engage the child in conversation as a way to keep them entertained until their parents arrived, "What's your name, little one?"
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: "Riiight..." Heather said, not sure if she should be concerned about this apparent casual discussion of domestic battery. "Anyway... Tigress, you'll have to get the doctor to check you. A standard checkup is required to join the military anyway, even if you weren't just attacked."
She rolls her eyes in response, pushing herself to her feet. "Do I still need a chaperone or can I leave you two here? It won't take long, I can assure you."

Mist rests his arm and head on the table, facing her with a sly look. He tacks on the comment "I dunno, sounds like someone's in a bit of a fever." She bites down the small smile to keep her mild annoyance obvious.
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:The hunter froze in place, not daring to move.
"THIS IS A FIFTY THOUSAND VOLT TASER! DOWN ON THE GROUND NOW OR I'LL SHOOT! LAST CHANCE!" Ryan roars again, thankful that backup has finally arrived.

~~~~~~~~
"Aw, that is a shame. For I would have really liked. To extol haiku." Lightfoot answers.
"Some other time, I suppose." he adds.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

"I assume so, haven't seen them since I went in." He chuckled as the doctor spoke his haiku. "That was a good one. You should be proud of yourself. Never stop writing."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Doesn't a normal Haiku have some mention of the weather," Julian mused. "Has the Colonel got anything from the prisoner," he added in passing to the general room.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"No screams, no loud noises, not even a shout of surprise," Gregg said, leaning back in his chair and turning towards the door. "Maybe they got out early for good behavior?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote:She rolls her eyes in response, pushing herself to her feet. "Do I still need a chaperone or can I leave you two here? It won't take long, I can assure you."

Mist rests his arm and head on the table, facing her with a sly look. He tacks on the comment "I dunno, sounds like someone's in a bit of a fever." She bites down the small smile to keep her mild annoyance obvious.
Heather nodded to Tigress. "Go ahead. I trust you know your way back to the doctor's office. It's just down the hall from here."

-----------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:"THIS IS A FIFTY THOUSAND VOLT TASER! DOWN ON THE GROUND NOW OR I'LL SHOOT! LAST CHANCE!" Ryan roars again, thankful that backup has finally arrived.
The hunter immediately complied as the police rushed past Ryan to apprehend him.

Ryan would feel a scaly hand push down on his arm, directing his aim to the floor. Elder was standing right next to him.

-----------------------------
SeanWolf wrote:Mordecai felt the official's hand on his shoulder and, even though he didn't want to, he nodded and moved back, but only just enough for the official to step in. He then watched as the official closed his eyes and then observed, to his surprise, a green flame entering the child. "Hm," he said, though he truthfully wasn't impressed. He looked over at the nearby kidnappers, ignoring the arriving police and other Kaiju, and thought to himself "There is a special place reserved for filth like them" before turning his attention back to the official and the child. Once the official was done, Mordecai tapped the official on the shoulder and motioned for him to move as he sat down next to the open door and began to engage the child in conversation as a way to keep them entertained until their parents arrived, "What's your name, little one?"
The child, unfortunately, wasn't paying attention. He was still checking for his missing bumps and bruises. "How'd you do that?" he asked Wildfire.

The dragon smiled. "I'm a magic forest dragon. I can heal people with magic spells." Wildfire told the kid in simplistic terms. "What's your name?"

"Um... Mr. and Mrs. Mason call me Joe, but... Mommy called me Tim." the kid said.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:The child, unfortunately, wasn't paying attention. He was still checking for his missing bumps and bruises. "How'd you do that?" he asked Wildfire.

The dragon smiled. "I'm a magic forest dragon. I can heal people with magic spells." Wildfire told the kid in simplistic terms. "What's your name?"

"Um... Mr. and Mrs. Mason call me Joe, but... Mommy called me Tim." the kid said.
Mordecai nodded and, as he stood up, told the kid, "Well Tim, I believe your mommy will be very happy to learn that you are safe," then quickly looked over and leaned in close to the official to whisper in a tone that only he and the official would hear, "While his physical wounds are healed, the psychological and mental wounds caused by them and you will never fully heal," before turning his attention back to Tim and, while pulling his phone out, asks "Do you want to watch a cartoon or something while we wait for your parents?" as he wanted to keep the child's mind off of the days events and focused on the happiness that a child has.
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Heather nodded to Tigress. "Go ahead. I trust you know your way back to the doctor's office. It's just down the hall from here."
Without another word Tigress nearly runs out of the room, restlessness aching in her muscles. Mist holds up one hand as soon as the door is shut, looking down at it rather than at Heather. Every half-second he curls one inwards. Once finished he claps both hands together and announces "-and she's out of earshot." He leans forward conspiratorially, giving Heather an odd look. "What can't she hear?"
===============
Tigress swings the corner into the room, suddenly presented with three life fields of roughly equal anonymity. She's spent all her time watching Heather for trouble that she can't for certain tell who she's seen before. She stops in the doorway, trying to puzzle it out anyway, then shakes her head and forcefully asks "Which one of you is the doctor?"
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Once the police rush past him, Ryan allows his arm to be pushed down and he flicks the safety back on and slips the taser back into its holster.
"You must be the Elder that the Colonel was sending. Thanks for coming." he says cautiously, keeping an eye on the hunter and a paw on the taser, just in case. He begins to look decidedly more uncomfortable again once he gets a good look at the Kaiju standing next to him.

~~~~~~~~
"Definitely not me. I just wear this for the aesthetic." Lightfoot answers, indicating the stethoscope around his neck.
"You must be my last patient. Tigress, right? Doctor Lightfoot at your service." he continues, bowing gallantly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:Mordecai nodded and, as he stood up, told the kid, "Well Tim, I believe your mommy will be very happy to learn that you are safe," then quickly looked over and leaned in close to the official to whisper in a tone that only he and the official would hear, "While his physical wounds are healed, the psychological and mental wounds caused by them and you will never fully heal," before turning his attention back to Tim and, while pulling his phone out, asks "Do you want to watch a cartoon or something while we wait for your parents?" as he wanted to keep the child's mind off of the days events and focused on the happiness that a child has.
"You're gonna call mommy?" the kid asked.

Wildfire nodded, ignoring Mordecai's venom. "Yes. We're going to help you get home, Tim. Your mommy is very worried about you! She'll be happy to see you." Wildfire reached forward and undid the child's seatbelt. "Sound good?"

"I miss my mommy..." Tim sniffed. "I wanna go home..."

"We'll get you home." Wildfire said, helping the child out of the vehicle. He glanced behind him and noticed Elder was there with the police. "My friend over there will call your mommy." He nodded to the Cthulu-like Kaiju.

The child nodded, though hid behind Wildfire to hide from the strange otherworldly creature. Wildfire knelt down to be level with Tim. "Would you like to do anything while we wait?"

Tim nodded shyly. "Can I see another magic trick?" he asked.

Wildfire smiled and nodded. He held his clawed hand out between them, and the green fire returned in his eyes. The strange energy pulsed up his arms, and green fire ignited in his hand. The flames twisted and flickered, swirling around a central point. From that point of concentrated fire, something started growing from Wildfire's hand. It was a sprout of some sort. The sprout dropped roots which spread across Wildfire's hand, and the sprout itself shot up, pulled up by the life-giving flames. A small bulb appeared on top of the stem that resulted. The bulb grew in size, then burst open, blooming as a beautiful flower. Wildfire pulled the flower off of his hand and showed it to the child. Tim reached forward and touched the flower, wide eyed, as though trying to decide if it was real.

"Cool...!"

-------------------------------------
DdeeStar wrote:Without another word Tigress nearly runs out of the room, restlessness aching in her muscles. Mist holds up one hand as soon as the door is shut, looking down at it rather than at Heather. Every half-second he curls one inwards. Once finished he claps both hands together and announces "-and she's out of earshot." He leans forward conspiratorially, giving Heather an odd look. "What can't she hear?"
"I don't know what you're talking about." Heather said, honestly. "That's pretty much it. I told you what you needed to know, and answered your questions. Was there something you were expecting me to say?"

-------------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:Once the police rush past him, Ryan allows his arm to be pushed down and he flicks the safety back on and slips the taser back into its holster.
"You must be the Elder that the Colonel was sending. Thanks for coming." he says cautiously, keeping an eye on the hunter and a paw on the taser, just in case. He begins to look decidedly more uncomfortable again once he gets a good look at the Kaiju standing next to him.
Elder simply nodded while the police approached the hunter. The creature looked down at the ground. The air seemed to vibrate, and an aura of confusion surrounded Elder. Objects seemed to wave and distort, as though one was looking at them through hot air. Sounds of scratching could be heard, as words started to carve themselves into the pavement where Elder was looking.

They simply read, Situation?
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote:"If you're caught without both your pass and a KDF member you will be immediately removed from the facility and you will lose your chance at employment here. Am I perfectly clear? Good." Relaxing slightly, the hare breaks into a smile.
CyberDragon wrote: "I don't know what you're talking about." Heather said, honestly. "That's pretty much it. I told you what you needed to know, and answered your questions. Was there something you were expecting me to say?"
"Oh, I just figured..." Mist tilts his head, trying to figure out if there was some hidden meaning behind the gesture... After a brief beat of thought, he discards it, puts his head back on the table turned towards the door and closes his eyes. Probably a show of trust? "Nevermind. So..." Choosing specifically not to look up at her and give away any subtle feelings of eagerness-or worse, fear-he asks in a measured tone "Are there more tests before the KDF accepts us? I can see how you'd need us to sign a liability waiver before the harder ones."
====================
Hlaoroo wrote: "Definitely not me. I just wear this for the aesthetic." Lightfoot answers, indicating the stethoscope around his neck.
Tigress simply looks at him with no reaction, starting to turn to the other two until the second remark makes the intent clear. Her response is to roll her eyes as it's clear he has no clue what he's facing.
Hlaoroo wrote: "You must be my last patient. Tigress, right? Doctor Lightfoot at your service." he continues, bowing gallantly.
"Fantastic. Let's move." She pushes past him into the room without hesitation, visibly annoyed by his playful gestures. Finding herself in the center of the room, unsure of what her actions should be, she chooses to take the offensive. An impatient glare and crossed arms coupled with some growled orders. "Military checkup, and drop the goofing off. If you're going to act like some bored intern I'll sign off on my own health."

It seems like an ideal plan to her. She can see her life field, and it is practically full-but that's because the long-term damage she's done to herself reduces the maximum, not the current. Years of sleep deprivation, undereating, addiction problems... all of which have been improving, but they've taken their toll. The last still is visible to those that look and see her pink-tinted fangs, though they're quick to misattribute it. She sees herself as the picture of health, ignoring her callused handpaws and scarred hide, both from old battle wounds and construction site accidents. Then there are the various untreated injuries from her anarchist years and those spent learning to drive a motorcycle nearly colorblind, which were left to heal 'naturally'. But with the various problems hidden by her heavy fur coat and the Rakshasa pain tolerance, they're easily missed, and she'd sign a "good-as-new" status in a heartbeat. Therefore, this physical is a useless waste of time.
All the characters!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Mordecai watched as the official took the child out of the seat, who followed him over to another Kaiju, one whose mere size impressed him, though that quickly faded as he watched the child hide behind the official. Not even them impressing the child with their "magic" was enough to alter Mordecai's current thoughts and feelings about the whole situation, especially towards the official. "He knows not what he does," he thought while standing up from the wreckage of the van, "It is not magic he creates, yet he lies to the child for entertainment. They are taught from a young age never to lie by adults, yet the adults insist on lying to them for no purpose other then entertainment." In his eyes, it seems that for every step forward the official made to stay on his good side, they end up taking twenty steps back with their next action. Shaking his head with a sigh, he walked away from the two and sat on a guard rail next to one of the police cars, waiting for whenever the parents would show up. He was curious to see what the official was going to say in regards to the child's rescue. However, while he sat there, he happen to took notice of one of the officers nearby looking at him, like he never seen someone like him before. With a quick wave, Mordecai said to the officer, "You never seen a Tikbalang before?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Woah!" Ryan breathes when the writing appears. A moment later he shakes himself and replies.
"Right. This one shot at us with at least three darts over at Giovanni's. He called in backup which turned out to be those two. They also had the kid with them who we recognised from the missing poster. That's all we know so far. As you can see they're all safely in custody for now. Hazmat is heading to Giovanni's to clean up the mess. Only problem is we don't know if the backup is just those two or if there are others en route."

~~~~~~~~
"I assure you, madam, I only goof off on my own time. When I work I am strictly professional." Lightfoot promises, following the tiger into his office and shutting the door, his British accent slipping through slightly in his annoyance.
"Now, you are Tigress Kayto, I presume. Any previous injuries or preexisting medical conditions I should be aware of? Any chance you're pregnant or breastfeeding?" he asks, guiding her to the chair by his desk and beginning his exam.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote:"Oh, I just figured..." Mist tilts his head, trying to figure out if there was some hidden meaning behind the gesture... After a brief beat of thought, he discards it, puts his head back on the table turned towards the door and closes his eyes. Probably a show of trust? "Nevermind. So..." Choosing specifically not to look up at her and give away any subtle feelings of eagerness-or worse, fear-he asks in a measured tone "Are there more tests before the KDF accepts us? I can see how you'd need us to sign a liability waiver before the harder ones."
Heather shook her head and picked up the signed forms. "You've already taken the written test and had your check up from the doctor. You've signed the waiver and finished the application and interview. You're pretty much accepted once Doctor Lightfoot gets back with the checkup results and the written tests come back. There's not really much else to do."

---------------------------
SeanWolf wrote:Mordecai watched as the official took the child out of the seat, who followed him over to another Kaiju, one whose mere size impressed him, though that quickly faded as he watched the child hide behind the official. Not even them impressing the child with their "magic" was enough to alter Mordecai's current thoughts and feelings about the whole situation, especially towards the official. "He knows not what he does," he thought while standing up from the wreckage of the van, "It is not magic he creates, yet he lies to the child for entertainment. They are taught from a young age never to lie by adults, yet the adults insist on lying to them for no purpose other then entertainment." In his eyes, it seems that for every step forward the official made to stay on his good side, they end up taking twenty steps back with their next action. Shaking his head with a sigh, he walked away from the two and sat on a guard rail next to one of the police cars, waiting for whenever the parents would show up. He was curious to see what the official was going to say in regards to the child's rescue. However, while he sat there, he happen to took notice of one of the officers nearby looking at him, like he never seen someone like him before. With a quick wave, Mordecai said to the officer, "You never seen a Tikbalang before?"
"Once." The officer said. "There was an incident pretty similar to what this looks like. A Tikbalang dignitary visited the city a couple years ago. A band of hunters went after him, but Wildfire put himself between the Tikbalang and the hunters' darts." The officer walked over to the van and started inspecting the damage, being careful not to touch anything. "One of the darts grazed the dignitary, but Wildfire did something weird with green magic fire and fixed him up."

---------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:"Woah!" Ryan breathes when the writing appears. A moment later he shakes himself and replies.
"Right. This one shot at us with at least three darts over at Giovanni's. He called in backup which turned out to be those two. They also had the kid with them who we recognised from the missing poster. That's all we know so far. As you can see they're all safely in custody for now. Hazmat is heading to Giovanni's to clean up the mess. Only problem is we don't know if the backup is just those two or if there are others en route."
The aura of confusion and distortion in the air continued as the scratch marks in the floor burned white, then erased themselves. More scratches appeared, once again spelling what the Elder was trying to communicate. "Child's family has been contacted?"
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Heather shook her head and picked up the signed forms. "You've already taken the written test and had your check up from the doctor. You've signed the waiver and finished the application and interview. You're pretty much accepted once Doctor Lightfoot gets back with the checkup results and the written tests come back. There's not really much else to do."
Mist pops up in his seat. "Oh! Great!" He tries to put forth the same excited air, but he can't help but feel weird about not having done much to earn it, his tail twitching around behind him as he finds it hard to look Heather in the eyes. Sure, he studied a bunch (mostly physics and biology, neither of which actually helped) but he didn't actually have to do anything. She had to save his life just earlier... yet all he's done is sit around.
=======================
Hlaoroo wrote: "I assure you, madam, I only goof off on my own time. When I work I am strictly professional." Lightfoot promises, following the tiger into his office and shutting the door, his British accent slipping through slightly in his annoyance.
"Now, you are Tigress Kayto, I presume. Any previous injuries or preexisting medical conditions I should be aware of? Any chance you're pregnant or breastfeeding?" he asks, guiding her to the chair by his desk and beginning his exam.
She shakes her head. "Plenty of previous injuries, and if I'm pregnant you'd be the first to know." She maintains her pose, pleased to find the doctor replying to her cruel comments. Under her breath she continues, looking around the room as if it weren't actually directed towards him. "Just professional, giving a poison victim a lollipop and pat on the back and the two randos off the street ten minute physicals. Sounds right."
All the characters!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:"Once." The officer said. "There was an incident pretty similar to what this looks like. A Tikbalang dignitary visited the city a couple years ago. A band of hunters went after him, but Wildfire put himself between the Tikbalang and the hunters' darts." The officer walked over to the van and started inspecting the damage, being careful not to touch anything. "One of the darts grazed the dignitary, but Wildfire did something weird with green magic fire and fixed him up."
Mordecai chuckled at first as the officer told him about what the official said until he really got to thinking about the incident in question as, for some reason, it sounded very familiar. "Wait..." he then said to himself quietly before he looked back up at the official with the child, "He was the one?" It was then he remembered why the incident was familiar to him and it was then when the tears came back. Sliding off the rail he was sitting on and onto the pavement, Mordecai buried his head in his arms and began to silent weep. For once in his life, he was wrong about someone.
Last edited by SeanWolf on Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Okay. Any of those previous injuries giving you grief?" Lightfoot asks, letting his automatic machine take the feline's blood pressure as he peers into her eyes and ears. Tactfully he ignores her grumbling, for now anyway.

~~~~~~~~
"Not yet as far as I know." Ryan answers. "The police only arrived on scene at the same time as you. They probably haven't even verified his identity yet."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote:Mist pops up in his seat. "Oh! Great!" He tries to put forth the same excited air, but he can't help but feel weird about not having done much to earn it, his tail twitching around behind him as he finds it hard to look Heather in the eyes. Sure, he studied a bunch (mostly physics and biology, neither of which actually helped) but he didn't actually have to do anything. She had to save his life just earlier... yet all he's done is sit around.
Heather looked at Mist's mannerisms skeptically. "You seem unsure about something." She said.

-------------------------
SeanWolf wrote:Mordecai chuckled at first as the officer told him about what the official said until he really got to thinking about the incident in question as, for some reason, it sounded very familiar. "Wait..." he then said to himself quietly before he looked back up at the official with the child, "He was the one?" It was then he remembered why the incident was familiar to him and it was then when the tears came back. Sliding off the rail he was sitting on and onto the pavement, Mordecai buried his head in his arms and began to silent weep. For once in his life, he was wrong about someone.
The officer was somewhat taken aback by Mordecai's sudden shift in mood. "Are you alright? Do... you need medical attention?" he asked.

-------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:"Not yet as far as I know." Ryan answers. "The police only arrived on scene at the same time as you. They probably haven't even verified his identity yet."
Once again, the strange markings erased themselves and were replaced with new letters. This time, instructions. "Inform Police of possible Kidnapping. I deal with hunters."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh," Julian said, taking a seat one down from Gregg and wrapping his tail across his lap, "I'm probably sure she wouldn't need the thumbscrews but there'd be no time off for good behaviour, either. I wonder what he thought he'd get out of it?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Heather looked at Mist's mannerisms skeptically. "You seem unsure about something." She said.
He's silent for a moment as he tries to decide a good response, managing a halfhearted "It's just been a big day." His explanation isn't really true, but she doesn't need to hear him complain that this was too easy. In an attempt to drag the conversation away he pushes himself upright and jokes "I feel bad for whoever has to be Mom's partner."
=============
Hlaoroo wrote:"Okay. Any of those previous injuries giving you grief?" Lightfoot asks, letting his automatic machine take the feline's blood pressure as he peers into her eyes and ears. Tactfully he ignores her grumbling, for now anyway.
"Not at all. I'm not som-" Tigress jumps in surprise as the sleeve she'd hardly noticed him put on suddenly begins to constrict around her arm. She shouts an unkind word as she braces her other handpaw against it, ready to claw it off. Then she's reminded that this was the doctor's influence, so she shifts gears, glaring murderously at him and roaring "WHAT THE ****- STOP THAT!"
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: minor editing for censoring
All the characters!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:The officer was somewhat taken aback by Mordecai's sudden shift in mood. "Are you alright? Do... you need medical attention?" he asked.
Mordecai looked up at the officer, his eyes red and stained with tears. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled his phone out and, after searching a bit, handed the phone to the officer, which now had a picture of two Tikbalang's. One was clearly him, but a bit younger while the other was one the officer would recognize as they brought it up a few minutes ago. "That dignitary? He was my grandfather," Mordecai said softly, pointing to the Tikbalang in question.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:Once again, the strange markings erased themselves and were replaced with new letters. This time, instructions. "Inform Police of possible Kidnapping. I deal with hunters."
Ryan nods in understanding, finding himself warming to the new Kaiju despite his fearsome appearance.
"Will do." he agrees, heading for the nearest officer.
"Excuse me, sir. You should know, the kid over there? We recognised him from the missing poster at the bus stop. That's why we went after those other hunters instead of letting them flee."

~~~~~~~~
"Hey, easy now." Lightfoot says, tapping a button to stop the machine and loosening the cuff as much as he can before it's deflated, which isn't an awful lot.
"It's just a blood pressure machine. Nothing to worry about, just a squeeze. What's the matter?" he asks as the cuff slowly deflates.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote:He's silent for a moment as he tries to decide a good response, managing a halfhearted "It's just been a big day." His explanation isn't really true, but she doesn't need to hear him complain that this was too easy. In an attempt to drag the conversation away he pushes himself upright and jokes "I feel bad for whoever has to be Mom's partner."
Heather knew there was more on Mist's mind than that, but decided not to pry. "Heh. No kidding. Whoever we get to partner up with her will need to be tougher than nails. Anyway, why don't we rejoin the others?" Heather suggested.

-------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:Ryan nods in understanding, finding himself warming to the new Kaiju despite his fearsome appearance.
"Will do." he agrees, heading for the nearest officer.
"Excuse me, sir. You should know, the kid over there? We recognized him from the missing poster at the bus stop. That's why we went after those other hunters instead of letting them flee."
Elder nodded and stepped toward the first hunter, who grew increasingly nervous, even terrified, at the eldritch horror approaching him. His face twisted into one of fear, and, as Elder reached one of his infinite tentacles towards the man, he took in a sharp breath as if to scream. He never got the chance, as the tendril tapped lightly on his forehead before he could. His eyes bulged, then drooped shut. The hunter fell backwards, but Elder caught him. The Kaiju dragged the man over to his partners while the hunter snored loudly.

The officer Ryan spoke to turned to him in surprise. "Ah! Oh. My apologies." the officer said, apparently shaking off the sight of whatever Elder was and regaining his composure. "You say you recognized him from a missing persons poster? Could you show me?"

- - - - -
SeanWolf wrote:Mordecai looked up at the officer, his eyes red and stained with tears. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled his phone out and, after searching a bit, handed the phone to the officer, which now had a picture of two Tikbalang's. One was clearly him, but a bit younger while the other was one the officer would recognize as they brought it up a few minutes ago. "That dignitary? He was my grandfather," Mordecai said softly, pointing to the Tikbalang in question.
"I see... Hang on." The officer cut himself off when he saw Elder trying to arrest the hunter and went to confront him about it. Meanwhile, a paramedic who accompanied the police took the child aside to examine for injuries. This left Wildfire free to try once more to speak with Mordecai. "I remember that day." He said, referring to when he saved Mordecai's grandfather. "I hesitated. I didn't want to use my powers in full view of the people around me. Your grandfather ended up getting hit as a result." Wildfire took a seat next to Mordecai. "My healing powers were stronger than the poison, so I was able to treat him. But still... I swore never to hesitate again."
-Champion Motto