What Are You Doing Today?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

NHWestoN

Re: What Are You Doing Today?

Post by NHWestoN »

Interviewing lawyers - got some "last things" legal affairs to take care of.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Speaking of that, we need to find a probate lawyer to go over my grandmother's estate.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Speaking of that, we need to find a probate lawyer to go over my grandmother's estate.
it's not happy business, but it's gotta be done. When my parents went their way, we discovered a serious wrinkle in their wills that needed straightening fast. On the face of it, their wills seemed as simple and uncomplicated as swapping bubble gum cards. So, we had a good lawyer, and he fixed it with the court fast. That was twenty years ago.

In this process, your folks might want to think about their wills or probate. It just makes everything easier, especially when your wrestling with creditors, claims, taxes, ownership ... and grief.

So, another lawyer interview for us today.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Headed to my therapy appointment shortly. Then some lunch, and then back home to get some exercise.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Going to eat some pizza for dinner which just came out of the oven.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yum. We had chili and beer.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Yum again. Today I went to the doctor for a med (prescriptions) checkup.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Right now I am just hoping I don't catch my mother's illness.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Catching up on my reading, dozing, and Housepets!. Maybe Sophie will get an extra walk today. We encountered a wooly bear caterpillar this morning, and she just loves running into something alive. I can't imagine why a caterpillar would be out and about in March. Insomnia, maybe, or forgot to make a pupae.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Digesting since I just had a delicious chicken sandwich from the sandwich shop Shore's.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Did get Sophie down to the beach this afternoon but the walk was pretty abbreviated. There was a lot of wind, cold from the ocean, and only a few surfers present so she tired quickly. Sometimes, because she's so eager and bouncy, I forget that Sophie's pretty senior and wet sand gets into the little pad where her left front paw failed to form. We shared the front seat going home, usually a rare treat for her but she was just drowsy and uninterested, poor little fox....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Preparing to spring ahead since it is Daylight Savings Time in a few hours. Though most of my clocks actually do it automatically, I have this big analog Koala clock in my room that I have to do manually by moving the hands.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Yesterday was good. Got some important errands done. Today I'm staying home and doing my best to relax since there's nowhere I have to be or nobody I have to meet.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Wishing I didn't have to spend so much time working.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Medicals.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hoping that I am not catching my mother's cold but most likely I am. >_<
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

Woke up today with a corneal abrasion, so instead of spending my one free day hanging out with friends I otherwise wouldn't be able to see until June, I get to spend it at the optometrist -_-
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What is a corneal abrasion like? I know it mustn't be good but I wanna know from someone that had one.
CuriousCnidarian

Amazee Dayzee wrote:What is a corneal abrasion like? I know it mustn't be good but I wanna know from someone that had one.
Basically, my eye (in this case, my right) gets a bit too dry at night for whatever reason, and sticks to the back of my eyelid after I fall asleep. When I hit REM sleep, the sage of sleep when you dream and your eyes move around under your eyelids, that eye tries to move and ends up tearing the cornea. Which is just as painful as it sounds. Wakes me up immediately feeling like someone took a needle to my eye and sliced a bit off (which is basically what happens). The pain, which is quite substantial and flairs up every time I move the eye, usually only lasts a couple hours before it fades away. The impaired vision, however, can last a day or more, depending on the severity.

And this may be more relevant on the Joys and Sorrows board, but I figured I'd post it here while I was talking about it. Saw the optometrist, and he said he'd refuse to see me again unless I started taking daily eye drops for the next 3 days (to protect against infection) and nightly eye gel every night (for prevention). Said that this was a fairly substantial tear, and he was really worried about getting an infection that could lead to blindness in that eye. I told him that since this usually only happens once to twice a year I've just been dealing with it since I'd rather not take eye gel every night for so infrequent of a problem. He countered with I've been lucky up to this point that there hasn't been any lasting damage because of these, and eventually it wouldn't be a tear, it'd be an ulcer, and then I could kiss that eye goodbye.
I can't even do contact lenses and now I gotta be putting stuff in my eye every night -_-
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

I am still working on that current special in my fanfic. I decided to make Marion a expert connoisseur on sandwiches in my story as well.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Sounds interesting!

As for me, just playing some more Borderlands 3 for a bit before I return to finishing up a few reviews, then will probably watch a movie later (I'm either going to go with Frankenstein's Army, The Velocipastor, the western comedy classic Salute Your Local Sheriff, or the documentary series 100 Years Of Horror)
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Counting down the days until my congestion subsides...
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Beach walk for Sophie - dogs everywhere! She had a big time and came home exhausted.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Honestly I would be surprised because since the news about the coronavirus everywhere seems to say that everything is all doom and gloom.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, being over seventy, me and the missus aren't going out much and not staying out long. As to the beach crowd, well, folks are being pretty careful about the six foot safety boundary. Sophie, being a dog, doesn't care - although there was a report of a dog somewhere (not the USA) testing positive for a low dose of CORVID-19.

Be safe, be patient, we'll all get through it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really do find it hard to believe that you are in your early-70s. This isn't meant to be an insult, its just me stating what I thought before someone decided to jump all over me. :roll: I know you were in middle-age, but I thought you were like 40 or 50.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Daisy, continuing to jab passive-agressively at the mods like that is probably not in your best interest :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wasn't trying to but I will back off and make sure that my explanation for something sounds like an explanation rather than being rude.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

I went over to this one store where they sell pre-made meals and got my order that I made online, so I’m good for the week regarding food. That’s good, because grocery stores are a mess right now and restaurants close for everything except delivery, take-out, and drive-thru starting tomorrow.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Right now I'm trying to think of WHAT to do for my mother's birthday on the 20th since everything is shut down.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Stayin' home with a good book...
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Working on novels (Finally finished with the reviews I needed to get done) and deciding on what to binge watch.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Fixing to make a late lunch and do some stuff around the house.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Getting ready to watch the newest episode of "The Angry Video Game Nerd".
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Testing the new Stellaris update with a new game.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

About to go and take a nice hot shower before bed.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Working from home.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Well I just finished the mix-and-master on the music track that was supposed to keep me busy... so now with all the fun places to go closed down I'm just bored at home here awaiting my Doom.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
CuriousCnidarian

Classes are starting up online today. Only class that's actually having Zoom meetups during normal class time is, naturally, my one morning class.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Just moved to a Distro of Linux. Now to access the internet, I must hook up my phone to the machine in order to use the wifi. Will work on my projects in a bit.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587