Are irises gone now?

Discuss the comic here
MasterAbsinthe

Re: Are irises gone now?

Post by MasterAbsinthe »

By the way, I draw irises into the tri-weekly updates over at the Photoshopping Housepets topic if you want to follow the process there.
I specialize in wolf head avatars.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am probably gonna end up following the progress in both topics. XD
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

I know you are posing this in Photoshopping Housepets and sometimes here, but I'd like to mention It's a REFOOT! (a REFur project rebOOT). I doubt this was what they had in mind back then, but you are adding color to existing strips. Perhaps when you finish an arc and revisit earlier ones when you settle on a style, you could put all of them in a post there.
ZAR22 wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:
ZAR22 wrote:Eh, the color needs to be a LITTLE bit smaller. Can we see what it looks like at half the size?
I disagree. That looks more like a minimum than twice what it should be. Besides, if you make it too small we're back to the original problem of the irises not being visible enough.
I disagree with twice being how it should be. And going half of this would still be slightly bigger than what it is now.
Now you're confusing me. I was saying twice as much as you were preposing (half the size), not that they should double the size from the last attempt. How can "half of this would still be slightly bigger than what it is now"? If you make something half as big than it's going to be smaller than what it was before. Unless you mean half the size from MasterAbsinthe's last work would be larger than how Rick Griffin draws it because any amount is going to be more than how Rick Griffin draws it.
The cape comes with the promotion.
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

Champion Wallace wrote:
ZAR22 wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:I disagree. That looks more like a minimum than twice what it should be. Besides, if you make it too small we're back to the original problem of the irises not being visible enough.
I disagree with twice being how it should be. And going half of this would still be slightly bigger than what it is now.
Now you're confusing me. I was saying twice as much as you were preposing (half the size), not that they should double the size from the last attempt. How can "half of this would still be slightly bigger than what it is now"? If you make something half as big than it's going to be smaller than what it was before. Unless you mean half the size from MasterAbsinthe's last work would be larger than how Rick Griffin draws it because any amount is going to be more than how Rick Griffin draws it.
Speaking of confusion, you are ironically also confusing me. Yes, I was talking about absin's post, I thought everyone was aware of that fact. And I know it would be more than Rick's current drawing style with eyes, but you made it seem like going half of absin's take would still be to much, and I said I disagreed about that because to me, it wouldn't look as bad as people made it out to be if it went that route IMO.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I still think that it does look nice but it doesn't fit Rick's style that he has ongoing now.
Champion Wallace

ZAR22 wrote:Speaking of confusion, you are ironically also confusing me. Yes, I was talking about absin's post, I thought everyone was aware of that fact. And I know it would be more than Rick's current drawing style with eyes, but you made it seem like going half of absin's take would still be to much, and I said I disagreed about that because to me, it wouldn't look as bad as people made it out to be if it went that route IMO.
I don't fully understand even that post, but let's see if I have this much straight. Both of us are fine with how the eyes looked here and neither of us want the irises to be any smaller then that. Do I have that right?
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I still think that it does look nice but it doesn't fit Rick's style that he has ongoing now.
I'm not convinced irises are incomparable with Rick Griffin's current style. My hypothesis is it looks weird because you've already seen what the strip looks like without eye color first, so that would make this version look uncanny regardless if it was better or worse. Because it looks uncanny your first thought is it doesn't fit the style.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah you are probably right about that. It does as I say look good but I don't think it works if you do it in Rick's style.
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

Champion Wallace wrote:
ZAR22 wrote:Speaking of confusion, you are ironically also confusing me. Yes, I was talking about absin's post, I thought everyone was aware of that fact. And I know it would be more than Rick's current drawing style with eyes, but you made it seem like going half of absin's take would still be to much, and I said I disagreed about that because to me, it wouldn't look as bad as people made it out to be if it went that route IMO.
I don't fully understand even that post, but let's see if I have this much straight. Both of us are fine with how the eyes looked here and neither of us want the irises to be any smaller then that. Do I have that right?]
If your referring to absin's picture with the shine in the eyes of sasha with her pink colored eyes, then yes, I say that does look good, and shouldn't be smaller than that.
Champion Wallace

No, I'm referring to the one I linked: the first version of Simple Question before the "added eyeshine". Do you think it shouldn't be smaller than that as well?
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

Ok, now I am confused again. Are you asking if I think the one with sasha (doesn't matter if it has the shine or not, but imo the shine makes it more like Rick's work) with eye color that the link sent me to should be smaller?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I don't understand either of you two :lol:
It may be better to continue this conversation in PMs, so as not to clutter the thread ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yes that does sound like a good idea. But then again I'm only saying it because I can't understand also. I thought I was the only one! :lol:
MasterAbsinthe

Post by MasterAbsinthe »

Yeah, get a room you two!
I specialize in wolf head avatars.
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

Yeah, you two should.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

At the risk of gaining a reputation for appearing only to dispense justice/injustice (they're often a matter of perspective... from a certain point of view...), here I am. The moderators don't need a chorus backing them up. Getting dogpiled isn't fun for the person(s) on the receiving end, either. Leave moderation to staff, please, and be careful to keep posts at least somewhat pertinent to a thread's topic.

[ Thread Closed ]

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other